Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wally the Emotional Support Alligator is missing

The beloved Pennsylvania emotional support alligator, Wally, has gone missing in Brunswick, Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 5:02 PM

Wally is a handbag now.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 1:40 AM

Maulface thread.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 1:42 AM

"I love you so much I want to eat you."

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 2:11 AM

Who knew emotional support alligators are a thing.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 2:19 AM

What a croc!

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 2:21 AM

They look like small dinosaurs, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 2:26 AM

They also look like purses and shoes.p

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 3:05 AM

Good. It would send chills up my spine when I saw photos of the owner holding the alligator inches from his face and neck. A tragic case of a lonely person anthropomorphizing a dangerous, unfeeling animal.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 3:13 AM

I don't know, he's actually kinda cute.

I happen to really like reptiles, though.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2024 3:13 AM

I'll stick with the mammal pets. Even a mouse.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2024 3:37 AM

[quote]A tragic case of a lonely person anthropomorphizing a dangerous, unfeeling animal.

Unfeeling? What about MY needs?!

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2024 9:49 AM

Crikey!

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2024 10:06 AM

Uh-oh.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 10:10 AM

Wally's home of York Haven is not, as CNN says, in Northeast Pennsylvania; it is south of Harrisburg in Central PA.

Of course, now his home is a Georgia swamp.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 10:15 AM

[Quote] They look like small dinosaurs

Why do people say this all the time when dinosaurs didn’t crawl on their bellies, live in swamps or walk with short crooked legs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2024 10:24 AM

r13 I think his friends or relatives told him that to help him deal better and they jut released Wally to the swamp themselves. Much like hippos, they absolutely cannot be domesticated and will harm/kill you when the time comes.

Whatever the case, I don't think even Wally's innate instincts will be enough for him to survive in the swamp and he'll be eaten by another alligator eventually.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2024 10:25 AM

I wonder if they're like homing pigeons...

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2024 10:25 AM

R16 obviously didn’t read the article. The man was traveling with his SA and he must have left it in his hotel room while out. Someone took it and put it in a friends yard as a prank. But other neighbors saw it in the yard, called animal control, and animal control took it away and put it in a swamp some distance away.

And it’s not true that alligators can’t be domesticated. This exact gator is living proof of that. Alligators are not unthinking killing machines.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2024 10:30 AM

r15 Because we've been conditioned to see dinosaurs as more reptilian than avian. And to be fair, even palaeontologists saw them that way for a while, so it'll take some time for the correct perception to filter down to the masses. I admit I always saw my parrot as a little dinosaur – the legs, the beak, the movements... I used to joke to his precious little dollface how pathetic it was that his kind was all that was left of the mighty dinosaurs.

Here's a nice podcast with experts I listened about this recently, if anyone is curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2024 10:31 AM

[quote]And it’s not true that alligators can’t be domesticated. This exact gator is living proof of that. Alligators are not unthinking killing machines.

Absolutely not. This alligator was young and is not indicative of anything. Much like hippos, the problem starts when they grow up.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2024 10:32 AM

Fiddlesticks. The alligator was not young. And there are adult alligators who develop bonds with humans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2024 10:38 AM

Here’s the same girl celebrating her high school graduation with a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2024 10:41 AM

What could possibly go wrong R21/R22?

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 10:45 AM

R19 = Dollface post

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 2:09 PM

Darn, r22! I was hoping for a parody photo of a one-armed chick!

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!