Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney lost over $600 million on four films combined in 2023

Wish, The Marvels, Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones

Nelson Peltz was right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2024 10:40 PM

Go woke and go broke.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 12:48 AM

The Marvels was doomed to fail. Two of the three leads were only on Disney+. The plot was convoluted and the main villain was not a well known. Never saw Wish or the geriatric Indiana Jones. The Flash was just awful.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 12:50 AM

The Marvels was pretty fun.

It was Quantumania that was a huge fucking bore.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 1:00 AM

When is the live action Pocahontas with Viola Davis in the lead role coming out?

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 1:13 AM

Lots of bad decisions being made at Disney about the kinds of films people want to see. People want to see something new, different and exciting not rehashed, tired old ideas.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 1:19 AM

I miss the original Disney movies from the 1970s like Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Freaky Friday, Escape from Witch Mountain and Candleshoe.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote]Go woke and go broke.

Yes that’s why “65” and “The Covenant,” neither of which could be called “woke,” were amongst the biggest bombs of 2023, I guess?

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 1:26 AM

Yea, because Indiana Jones, about a crabby old white guy, was so woke.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 1:28 AM

R6 me too!

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2024 1:29 AM

And likewise, the absolute box office monster of the year, widely derided by incels and gamergate douches as woke, “Barbie,” made almost 1.5 billion dollars.

But Defacto never lets facts get in the way of his argument.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2024 1:29 AM

Why don’t Disney Studios do a biopic about Walt Disney?

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2024 1:30 AM

Because no one cares?

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2024 1:30 AM

R1 is a boring droning idiot R7.

Nobody even knows what woke means. It's one of the most boring, meaningless and inconsequential words of our time and is only used by idiots who are unable to efficiently articulate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 1:30 AM

R1 is this macys-balloon-snouted self-hating gay fascist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 1:32 AM

Everybody knows what woke means.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2024 1:33 AM

What does it mean R15?

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2024 1:34 AM

Woke means you can tell jigaboo jokes anymore. I hate it!

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2024 1:36 AM

Inside Out 2 should be a hit for Disney. Then also Moana 2 this Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2024 1:37 AM

^^^ can’t

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2024 1:37 AM

Disney has lost the plot.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2024 1:40 AM

A Wall-E 2 would be a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2024 1:41 AM

Iger has been a disaster for Disney for many years ruining so many things and making lots of incredibly bad decisions. Next to huge asshole in the dictionary is Bob Iger.

But he chose the board so they are not going to fire him He already stole 100s of millions from the company but that's not enough he has to tear the whole goddamn thing down because of an ego the size of the planet.

And when all his destruction is brought up to him he denies everything. He's the Disney Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2024 1:42 AM

[quote]Yea, because Indiana Jones, about a crabby old white guy, was so woke.

But, his successor is a woman, Phoebe Waller-Bridge ( hardly the heroic type), who was given the part because Disney wants to continue the powerful woman narrative.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 2:06 AM

R23, Spielberg & Ford have been clear since the beginning that Indy won't have a "successor." While I would LOVE it if it was true, there aren't any plans for Phoebe to be in any future quasi-sequels.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 2:13 AM

Disney lost $600 million. Paramount OTOH is nearing collapse. Reason being: it has no real franchises. (Irony noted.) The closest thing they have is "Mission: Impossible," but the last installment ended up being one of the literal most expensive movies ever made because Tammy Cruise is such a farcical control freak. The setup & training for THAT stunt cost nearly $40 million all by itself – Cruise skydived EIGHT HUNDRED TIMES to perfect the glider chute he used after jumping his motorcycle off the cliff, all on the studio's dine – and they went way over budget shooting the movie's Rome sequence, but that was mainly logistical issues (particularly Covid).

But yes, each of its four big moneymakers had issues. While Indy 5 was at least better than the dumpster fire that was Indy 4, a downbeat drama about a retired professor grieving the death of his son in Vietnam was a stupid way to end the franchise. (And I said the same about "Logan" from the same director – except now we know that *wasn't* the end. Just another part of the multiverse we can pretend never existed.)

You also glossed over the fact that Disney had more movies in the top 10 for box office than any other studio, including the fourth-highest earner ("Guardians Vol. 3"). And considering the two highest-grossing movies were "Barbie" and "The Super Mario Bros. Movie," I think it's safe to say 2023 was an outlier. (Also all the Barbenheimer stuff.)

The remainder of their 2024 looks pretty bright, however (albeit with a strike-reduced movie release count), and "Deadpool & Wolverine" – which I assume is the biggest Marvel draw since "Endgame" – will likely obliterate the box-office record for an R-rated movie.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 2:29 AM

That’s what America wants …. more Disney movies starring Phoebe Waller Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 2:32 AM

They should get Tinkerbell to come out of retirement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 2:34 AM

[quote]Why don’t Disney Studios do a biopic about Walt Disney?

Because they'd never tell his life story honestly.

They wouldn't even show him smoking in Saving Mr. Banks.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 2:37 AM

[quote]Why don’t Disney Studios do a biopic about Walt Disney?

What a wonderful idea! Where should we begin? Walt wining & dining Nazi propagandist Leni Riefenstahl a mere month after "Kristallnucht" debuted? The astoundingly racist, sexist & antisemitic children's cartoons Walt personally approved in the '30s & '40s? ("Song of the South" is a particular winner.) His sharp political turn to the right after WWII, resulting in the creation of the MPAA for purposes of challenging "a sharp revolt against a rising tide of Communism and Fascism," along with the unconscionable blacklisting of hundreds of Hollywood figures on the basis of mere allegations?

Aw, fuck it: they should just start with Walt secretly outing alleged commies to Infamously Evil Homosexuals Joseph McCarthy and Roy Cohn!

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2024 3:19 AM

R25 I would have never started this thread if I knew it would attract a Disney Adult.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote]Nobody even knows what woke means. It's one of the most boring, meaningless and inconsequential words of our time and is only used by idiots who are unable to efficiently articulate themselves.

[quote]What does it mean [R15]?

People who are 'woke' (i.e. progressives) tend to be:

- anti-America

- anti-white

- anti-police

- anti-men

- anti-women (when it comes to the transgender issue)

- anti-biology (when it comes to the transgender issue)

- anti-masculinity (in boys)

- anti-femininity (in girls)

- anti-Christianity & now anti-Judaism but...

- pro-Islam

- pro-open borders

- pro-Black Supremacy

- pro-censorship if a film/show/play is 'traditional' (i.e. all-white cast) or does not preach a far-left agenda (see the aforementioned)

Furthermore, 'woke' progressives are white guilt ridden virtue signalers who view POC as perpetual victims in desperate need of a white savior.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 4:20 AM

There’s a new show on the History Channel about Disney.

Something about how Disney Built America. Last week they showed how Walt started the studio and how he really didn’t draw Mickey Mouse and the guy who did left in disgust after Walt was saying he was doing it all.

Maybe they will get into some of the stuff R29 mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 4:29 AM

That’s a dumb answer R31.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 4:34 AM

Nelson Muntz was right!

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 4:47 AM

People are tired of fucking comic book movies. But they went to see the woke Barbie and Oppenheimer, both of which were more progressive than any movies mentioned.

People who are 'woke' (i.e. progressives) tend to be:

- anti-America. FALSE. It the partisan republcan party and Supreme Court which has ditched the Constitution and the compromises of democracy, which has led to an orgy of book banning, and whose ridiculous boycotts are intended to intimate and eliminate the choices of capitalism.

- anti-white FALSE. More whites have been impoverished by Republicans than by any combination of lefties. Indeedd Alabama has never had a "liberal" government and it is poor, uneducated, with poor infrastructure, and a level of stupidity that makes one think they are barely human.

- anti-police FALSE. Police pay is next on the list for union-busting.

- anti-men FALSE Men want opportunity. Republicans want to give them the opiate of the massers, which is professional sports. Men who should be taking an interest in politics and social policy are instead bought off with fake competition.

- anti-women (when it comes to the transgender issue) FALSE Transgender activism comes from the right (Kaitlyn Jenner) and the money comes from the right (Jennifer Pritzker). You are just stupid moron who replays false propaganda. Just as it turned out BLM was funded by the right, and pro-Palestine funded by feudal theocracies, it is also the case that Transfenderism is funded by the right and all these issues blamed on the left without evidence.

- anti-biology (when it comes to the transgender issue) FALSE. Republicans have polluted our planet and ghope to destroy it with climate change.

- anti-masculinity (in boys) FALSE. They are anti-masculine when it comes to violence, but for sheer cowardice, nothing beats Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell, and Lindsey Graham.

- anti-femininity (in girls) FALSE. They are anti-feminine when it comes to trying to s top girls from developing their personal potential, but incels and MRA types are all Republicans.

- anti-Christianity & now anti-Judaism but... FALSE There is nothing in Christianity that stands for militarism, hierarchy, and hate, but that is all t he Republican party is today. There is nothing pro-Israel in preventing a solution to the Palestinian question

- pro-Islam FALSE Texas oil men have shackled us to the mudering fundamentalist Sauds since the 1930s. Look how Republicans dropped Bush's desire for democracy in the Middle East.

- pro-open borders FALSE. Obama deported many more people than any president before him, and Trump evinced little interest in the wall in office. He was, however, much concernce with equiating wage inflation with social evil, and letting immigrants in is one historic way the republicans have always worked.

- pro-Black Supremacy

- pro-censorship if a film/show/play is 'traditional' (i.e. all-white cast) or does not preach a far-left agenda (see the aforementioned)

Furthermore, 'woke' progressives are white guilt ridden virtue signalers who view POC as perpetual victims in desperate need of a white savior.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 5:01 AM

It is just exhausting and annoying how the right plays its lies over and over and over trying to get the public to believe them. Probably cut and pasted from some Russian propaganda piece.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 5:04 AM

[quote] Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English originally meaning alertness to racial prejudice and discrimination. Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights. Wikipedia

R31 R35 The concept of “woke” is simple. Insecure bigots have made it much more complicated than it ever needed to be.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 8:24 AM

R31 the wokes are also anti-beauty and pro-fat.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 8:25 AM

R35, excellent summary.

You left '- pro-Black Supremacy' unfinished, though. I'd like to read more.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 8:49 AM

R31 is a hate-filled maroon.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 8:57 AM

R31 is Defacto so of course, r40.

In Defacto’s world, heroes SHOULD be men and men only, so if Phoebe Waller-Bridge was hired as the hero, it had to be to serve the woke narrative.

The irony of this argument is lost on Defacto.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2024 9:35 AM

Great. [bold]ANOTHER[/bold] fucking thread which has ended up sounding like Fox News and Newsmax combined. Same talking points repeated over and over and over...

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2024 10:03 AM

Why can't this "Defacto" troll be gotten rid of permanently? It doesn't seem to be just one person. It seems to be quite a lot of posters on DL now.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2024 10:06 AM

"Woke" is so last year.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2024 10:21 AM

I instantly cease listening to anyone who uses the word "woke" and dismiss them as a person. No exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2024 10:27 AM

The Defacto obsessed person is a single prolific antisemite. You can tell his posting because he uses idiosyncratic language (unusual word chooses and bespoke terms based on created echolalic phrases, like Zioni-Zombies).

I have already said this person is a Level 2 (medium to low functioning) autistic since he does not appear to understand abstract political concepts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2024 11:24 AM

Sounds like A.I. trolling, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2024 12:58 PM

People have more options these days, not as many people want to go to cinemas to watch movies post pandemic and other services like Netflix are popular.

The right will cry about Disney being ruined by "woke" but I honestly don't think the average person gives a fuck about that kind of thing when it comes to movies. I wouldn't even know in advance if a film was going to be woke or not, so even if I cared about that kind of thing, I wouldn't let it influence my decision to watch or not watch something.

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2024 1:09 PM

Disney making a superhero film with no white or black male leads was a mistake. Males are the audience for those films with few exceptions. Ditto for picking someone like PWB to costar with Harrison Ford. Pretty still matters in movies. Also too many propaganda lite films for children. Disney has made lots of mistakes in their attempts to push a political agenda. But the company has multiple problems.

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2024 1:24 PM

R49 acceptance and representation is a political agenda?

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2024 1:33 PM

What was wrong with "Progressive:"?

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2024 1:57 PM

The progressive troll is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2024 2:27 PM

This the worst off course thread I've seen on DL in like forever.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2024 2:44 PM

The problem is Disney has been trying to target an audience, women, who aren’t interested in female action and superhero movies.

“Wonder Woman” was one thing - but Wonder Woman, and also probably Catwoman, are two iconic female comic book characters women like.

But a lot of these films are famous male-driven IPs that tear down the male heroes of the movie and uplift new unknown female characters no one cares about.

It’s that simple. Disney refuses the listen so who cares if they lose.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2024 3:11 PM

No men give a shit about watching a female Black Panther, a female Iron Man, a female Thor, etc

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2024 3:25 PM

Drinking again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2024 3:28 PM

The whole metaphor for Iger's rottenness is the changing of the very popular Splash Mountain which was Disney through and through to Tiana's Bayou Adventure which looks like a mountain (people love pointing out that though the Disney imagineers spent weeks studying the area around New Orleans there are no mountains in the bayou) covered in plastic leaves. It is quite the eyesore. And now the rumor is they are going to fill in all or a large part The Rivers of America getting rid of Tom Sawyer's Island. Iger is also famous for untheming everything he can. Making everything look like something you would find on a highway or in a shopping mall.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2024 3:29 PM

R55 Exactly.

“Top Gun 2” and “ Oppenheimer” proved men watch man movies.

“Barbie” and even the sleeper hit rom com “Anyone But You” (which made $220 million on a $25 million budget) proved women watch women movies.

Separation does not mean segregation. Gender differences are OK but for some reason this society disagrees, even though there’s so much proof of it.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2024 3:32 PM

Hollywood has spent the last 10 years bringing back iconic male characters and absolutely humiliating and tearing them down to the ground in favor of female characters.

Let’s turn Luke Skywalker into an old bitter man to make room for an invincible female version of Skywalker. And then kill him!

Let’s turn Indians Jones into an old bitter man to make room for an invincible female version of Indians Jones!

Let’s turn Thor into a clown to make room for a stronger female version of Thor!

Let’s turn James Bond into an emotional baby to make room for a female version of James Bond! Then let’s kill him!

Oh I know! Let’s kill off John Connor from the Terminator Series and replace him with a woman!

I’m almost surprised in “Halloween Ends”, they didn’t replace Michael Meyers with a woman.

It’s becoming old hat and not only is a dead horse being beaten to death, the horse was never alive!

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2024 3:38 PM

And the whole ironic thing is, as I said, the only female comic book character who could make another big splash is Catwoman.

I think we’d all watch a good Catwoman movie. Hell, bring Michelle back like they thought back Keaton!

But they always downplay Catwoman. Anne and Zoe are very disappointing and boring Catwomans.

So it’s funny out of all those female action hero stuff, they’ve never done anything with the most famous one of all lol.

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2024 3:41 PM

Who is Nelson Peltz and what was he right about?

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2024 3:41 PM

How is Tiana’s Bayou Adventure not being called out for being a colossal branding failure? The same ride went from three syllables to eight. The ride does not even tell the story from Princess and the Frog. Tiana is now an entrepreneur who runs a co-op, she doesn’t wear her gown from the movie, she wears a khaki safari outfit that hides her femininity. Princess and the Frog was a largely successful attempt to bring a European fairytale to America which acknowledged the segregation-era South, it acknowledged the appeal that princesses have to girls while not relying on damsel in distress tropes, and now Disney appears to be embarrassed about it because it NOT PROGRESSIVE ENOUGH post-BLM. Now Tiana must be a businessman, she must be Sigourney Weaver in Working Girl.

R61 Nelson Peltz is an activist investor who claims Iger is ruining Disney.

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2024 3:49 PM

They turned this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2024 3:51 PM

Into this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2024 3:51 PM

[quote]Now Tiana must be a businessman

You know the plot of Princess and the Frog involves her wanting to start a restaurant, right?

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2024 3:58 PM

Yes because it celebrated her passion, which was cooking.

Now because cooking is considered “too feminine”, Tiana runs a food cooperative.

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2024 4:01 PM

Tiana will be updated again when running a food cooperative is deemed not progressive enough, and the ride will be rethemed as “Tiana’s Intifada Adventure”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2024 4:05 PM

It's interesting that the first(I believe)adventure serial stars a woman. The Perils of Pauline in 1914. It was hugely popular and famous. It is mostly lost except for a film that spliced together various scenes.

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote] I instantly cease listening to anyone who uses the word "woke" and dismiss them as a person. No exceptions.

I’m the same way with anyone who objects to or whines about the use of the word “woke”.

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2024 6:35 PM

Cleese has to clean up Fawlty Towers which is horrible. It's one of the best sitcoms ever and Manuel is hilarious. Cleese keeps calling him a dago and I'm a dago and think it's pretty funny. This is woke shit and it's despicable.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2024 7:17 PM

Also the Nazi episode with the visiting Germans is in very poor taste and it's one of my favorite episodes. Cleese is especially funny in this one.

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2024 7:23 PM

[R64] Tiana has apparently become a very sensible, no-nonsense lesbian. I wonder if the prince knows.

And what’s with the safari outfit? I’ve never seen anyone in New Orleans dress like that.

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2024 7:43 PM

Nelson Peltz is a rich jackass.

His company Trian went after my former employer, just like with Disney, except my company gave his son-in-law a board seat, and the company not only didn’t improve, it got worse. Eventually Trian declared (a non-existent) victory and the SIL left the board and they sold their shares.

These are guys who think they know better than every company leadership, without having to, you know, produce actual results or do anything other than having (mildly informed, at best) opinions.

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2024 8:02 PM

Re-theming a ride based of Song of the South is not a bad move. It's not like no one knew SOTS was a racist movie. It's also not like they rushed to replace it. If Princess and the Frog had bombed it would not become a ride.

by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2024 1:56 AM

Fuck 'em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2024 2:03 AM

[quote] Yea, because Indiana Jones, about a crabby old white guy, was so woke.

Indiana Jones is what prompted South Park’s Kathleen Kennedy episode. “Put a woman in it. Make her gay. Make it lame!”

The entire film was Indy being dissed by a woman that they were trying to make the hero/star.

Then they had the cast of thieves saying that they all took stuff that wasn’t theirs and the one character goes, “It’s called capitalism.”

So, yes, it’s woke commie bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2024 4:25 AM

A new look at Rapunzel...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2024 4:49 AM

R76 The whole movie was “girls rule boys drool”.

They make anti-male movies like Charlie’s Angels and the Harley Quinn movie. Women have no interest in those movies and it’s 2 hours of shitting on men.

And then they say it’s sexist men don’t want to watch the movies when they bomb.

Men have been playing female video game characters for decades. Female leads aren’t necessarily the problem, it’s the message and agenda behind them.

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2024 4:53 AM

Women don’t either, R55. I have absolutely no interest in watching if Black Panthers’ sister becomes the new hero. I still haven’t watched the last Thor movie with Portman. I haven’t seen the Ant Man movie with that horrid actress playing his now-grown-up daughter.

I still haven’t seen the Marvels movie, either.

Hated that they killed Luke and that they’re actually planning to bring back that left-behind orphan who suddenly became the Emperors’ granddaughter.

I didn’t think the Barbie movie was all that and Oppenheimer was the much better film.

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2024 6:13 AM

[quote]Women have no interest in those movies and it’s 2 hours of shitting on men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2024 10:52 AM

R80 Barbie was not an action / super hero movie that was 2 hours of shitting on men.

Barbie was a movie for women shitting on men.

There’s a difference.

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2024 12:39 PM

But did you make that qualifier in your post

by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2024 12:49 PM

I wonder if Disney regrets their purchases of Marvel, Muppets and LucasFilms . Has it paid off for them?

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2024 12:56 PM

Look everyone! Here comes R76 to defend the honor of capitalism from (checks notes) the Walt Disney Company.

Here is the problem with people like r76

They do not realize that the system they want to uphold disqualifies their participation because they are gay. They think because they can exercise their male privilege to criticize a woman, the dominant class will accept them.

There are several terms for people like that

Here’s one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 4, 2024 12:57 PM

Good. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of shitty superhero movies.

by Anonymousreply 85May 4, 2024 1:32 PM

Go woke, go broke.

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2024 1:49 PM

How many times are you gonna post that cunt/R86?

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote]Re-theming a ride based of Song of the South is not a bad move.

The thing that always gets me is that we will inevitably get 100 posts ranting about Woke Gen Z causing all this.

Bitch, the NCAAP protested the movie when it was released in the 40s.

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2024 1:59 PM

The song was the only good part of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2024 2:05 PM

Truth hurts R87.

by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2024 2:08 PM

It's not the truth R90. You're just a pig.

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2024 2:15 PM

You're a boring droning cunt R90. Look at your gross posting history. You're repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2024 2:20 PM

I love the Trumpsters who have moved in here. How dare you try to make the woman the hero! That is just woke bullshit. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2024 2:20 PM

It's so woke to not beat fags and queers with crowbars! Woke! Woke! Woke!

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2024 2:23 PM

ALL THEY DO IS MAN BASH!! How? LOOK THE WOMAN IS DRIVING A CAR!

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2024 5:58 PM

[quote]Who is Nelson Peltz and what was he right about?

Nicola's brother.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2024 6:12 PM

And you’re an antisemitic psycho r92, you stupid fucking cunt. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote]Hollywood has spent the last 10 years bringing back iconic male characters and absolutely humiliating and tearing them down to the ground in favor of female characters.

I think the real reason for this travesty is laziness and lack of creativity under the GUISE of wokeness. Hollywood could care less about social justice, they just do whatever will make a buck, and rebooting IPs using diversity is their latest recycling scheme. We’ll see what happens now that box office returns are plummeting.

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2024 9:51 PM

R82 Yes, for male-oriented movies such as action and super hero. Not in general.

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2024 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!