Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mia Farrow and Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in The Roommate

Three-time Tony winner Patti LuPone and Golden Globe nominee Mia Farrow will return to Broadway this summer in Jen Silverman's The Roommate. Directed by Jack O'Brien, the new one-act comedy will begin performances August 29 at the Booth Theatre with an official opening night scheduled for September 12.

In The Roommate, Sharon’s never had a roommate before—in fact, there’s a lot Sharon’s never done before, but Robyn’s about to change all that. The play follows the blossoming intimacy between two women from different backgrounds, as they navigate the complexities of identity, morality, and the promise of reinvention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 1:52 AM

Farrow added, “The Roommate is funny, quirky, and brilliantly written, and when I learned that Patti LuPone was interested in doing it, how could I resist? She is, of course, a Broadway icon without parallel, and we have been friends for decades. It is exciting to be returning to Broadway.”

LuPone, most recently on Broadway in a Tony-winning turn in the Tony-winning revival of Company, stated, “It’s always a big decision to return to the stage, and I certainly had no intention of being back on Broadway so fast. But when I read the play and heard Mia was attached, it became the easiest decision of my life. I’ve always been a fan of Mia’s work and she is a treasured friend. We’re going to have a blast.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 11:21 PM

I would like to see Mia and LuPone on stage.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 12:45 AM

It’s like AI designed the perfect DL thread.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 12:46 AM

[quote]I would like to see Mia and LuPone on stage

I'd like to see Mia and PATTI on the fucking stage!

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 12:48 AM

Which one will out cunt the other?

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 12:53 AM

A new one act comedy makes it to Broadway! Get your checkbooks out. I can't afford Broadway but might splurge on this one. It sounds really good.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 12:56 AM

One act means the bartenders will get no tips. But Patti will be able to exit the Theater District before Suffs has an intermission.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 1:25 AM

Two high profile victims on one stage.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 1:26 AM

This will end in tears for the Producers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2024 1:31 AM

Add Jessica Lange and Nancy Olson and you will have an episode of The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2024 1:34 AM

A one act play with a running time of 90-120 minutes is probably part of the appeal to Mia and Patti. They'll be able to get to bed by 11.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2024 1:39 AM

Balcony seating for only $385.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2024 1:48 AM

This sounds like that show with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.

Without the cringe of Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston playing gay.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!