Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FEUD: Angelina Jolie & Winona Ryder (on the set of ‘Girl, Interrupted’… according to Elisabeth Moss)

Camp Angelina had all the cool and pretty girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]according to Elisabeth Moss

I thought clams weren't supposed to spill tea unless they're at an audit with an E-meter up their ass.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 6:29 PM

I don't remember her being on Girl, Interrupted. Btw, who is she having a baby with?

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 6:34 PM

So who was with Brittany, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 6:34 PM

You mean who was Brittany with. Angelina and Winona were the leaders.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 6:37 PM

I've read somewhere that Angelina was hooking up with Jillian Armenante when they were filming this movie. Yeah, I know

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 6:40 PM

LOL I had to google Jillian Armenante and totally recognized her from a zillion "that crazy woman" parts.

She certainly has a prot-Lens Dunham look about her though, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 6:43 PM

^protO

fucking keyboard. I need a new computer.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 6:45 PM

Op Linking to Perez Hilton? get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 6:45 PM

Was Angelina Jolie a known actor before this film. I, for one, had never heard of her before this film.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 6:46 PM

R9 I heard of her. She played Gia Carangi in the HBO movie that earned her awards/nominations and was a big hit. She got a bunch of press during that time.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 6:54 PM

Not she wasn't really. This was her break out role. I’m not sure which camp I would have been in. I don’t like either of them.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 6:55 PM

R5 can't imagine them hooking up. Maybe Jared Leto, KaDee Strickland, or Clea Duvall.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 6:55 PM

Jenna Ortega can play them both in the mini series. It will be heralded as her breakout performance.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 6:56 PM

“Gia” was her breakout role.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 6:59 PM

Is Perez Hilton still banned from TikTok ? He is the ugliest man on the planet - ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 7:03 PM

R15 he always gets banned and makes a new account to only be banned again. He has a new one again

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 7:05 PM

[QUOTE] Not she wasn't really. This was her break out role. I’m not sure which camp I would have been in. I don’t like either of them.

No, honey, it was not. Gia was her breakout role.

And even before Gia, she had been Emmy-nominated for George Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 7:06 PM

How can anybody read that shit with an ad splattered all over the text?,

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 7:07 PM

Yup. Gia was her breakout and she landed this role because of Gia.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 7:07 PM

Girl, Interrupted is not a “classic.” It’s a glorified after school special. Angelina is good in it but not as good as the raves suggested.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 7:08 PM

I thought everyone in the film was great, but always felt Brittany Murphy gave the strongest performance despite such limited screen time.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Brittany Murphy should have won that year. Amazing performance that haunts me to this day.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 7:37 PM

Perez Hilton is a gay shame.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 7:41 PM

I watched the movie as a child and didn't understand the story at all. Does bipolar mean that she made a vacation in Antarctica for half a week?

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 7:43 PM

Brittney Murphy was wonderful in this, I'm a fan of both Angie and Noni, but Brittany's performance is the one that I remember.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 8:28 PM

You can’t not remember Angelina’s performance. She chewed the scenery

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 8:30 PM

Was the movie any good? I could never decide if I thought it was any good. Britney Murphy was excellent and I thought the scene where Angie’s character destroys Britney’s was excellent too. She kept me riveted during her speech and I’m not even a fan.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 8:39 PM

R26, not really. She was playing someone with Borderline personality disorder, it was about right.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 8:39 PM

R27 that’s an opinion. I can tell you it’s good because I found it good but that doesn’t mean you’ll feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 8:40 PM

You really don’t need to post every idiotic thought that pops into your head r29.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 8:43 PM

Ang said she “took over” and stayed in character during the entire filming.

Her character was aggressive, so she stayed like that the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 8:59 PM

I loved the tortured female melodrama of this movie as an adolescent gayling. I rewatched it last year for the first time in years, and thought Winona’s performance was awful. Nails on a chalkboard at times. She was the worst actress in it by a mile. I agree that Brittany Murphy was a standout.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 9:28 PM

Winona was awful in Jim Jarmusch’s Night on Earth. She played a sassy, gum-chewing, cigarette-smoking cab driver. Gena Rowlands was her passenger. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 12:19 AM

R25 Noni?

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 7:04 PM

Noni = Winona

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 8:25 PM

R35 Who calls had that?

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 8:34 PM

Other than R25, I have no idea, but it was clear to me who “Noni” referenced.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!