Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drone pics show Chris Pine’s sprawling Hollywood property as neighbor accuses actor of ‘causing $500K damage’ with trees

The actor's neighbor, music attorney Helen Yu, claims that the tree roots have caused damage to her Hollywood Hills property.

Aerial photos show the affluent Los Angeles neighborhood adorned with sprawling homes, bright green trees, and sparkling blue pools.

The giant tree in the center of the image belongs to the star whose home is to the right.

Pine, 43, allegedly planted about a dozen ficus trees at the border of his Los Angeles home and due to their chaotic roots, they have started to grow into Yu's property, according to court documents seen by The U.S. Sun, first obtained by TMZ.

She claims that the trees have uprooted the concrete around her home and have begun to creep into the foundation of her home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 1:16 PM

The pair have been in a legal battle about the issue before, according to the docs.

Yu sued the actor in 2022 and they entered mediation to resolve things privately.

However, the problem has only grown bigger.

Yu claimed Chris was willing to settle the matter privately until he allegedly claimed that her fence was on his side of the property line.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 3:21 PM

He looks terrible.

Give me the brother who was married to Miley Cyrus any day!

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 3:26 PM

Ficus trees will do that.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 3:29 PM

Apparently the ficus tree is a known pest plant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 3:31 PM

Fuck the Murdoch Sun. Clickdollars and SEO for a terrible rag with no conscience that hates gays

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 3:33 PM

Invasive species.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 3:35 PM

r5, OP posted the whole article.

No need to click.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 3:36 PM

Oh just get fucked r5.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 3:37 PM

This is a sprawling Hollywood property? This is a relatively modest parcel in Los Feliz.

Ficus trees roots are horrible and they require an enormous amount of maintenance. The city of Orange spends $36,000 a year maintaining the roots of this row of ficuses. (Below)

Pine did this maliciously because he is engaged with a feud with his neighbor. Seem out of character for him? When people say Aspies are difficult people, this is what they mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 3:42 PM

And OP could have actually linked to TMZ which actually has photos showing the damage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 3:46 PM

OMG, I'm so glad you brought this to our attention. Rich people having a pissing match over ficus trees will be the downfall of this country

"The total includes $346,000 to cover the costs of damages and $225,000 for emotional distress"

That poor woman suffers from PFTDO Post Ficus Tree Distress Order, I don't think $225K is enough to compensate for the nightmare she's been through 😳

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 3:49 PM

It's not even about the money. When you're filthy rich, these petty fights turn into power plays.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 3:50 PM

^ What do you mean? That poor woman needs years of therapy to keep from freaking out ever time she sees a ficus tree 😱

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 3:53 PM

NEVER take remediation of your neighbors trees into your own hands.

"Tree law" is apparently a big deal within real estate law, and you can be fined an enormous amount per tree - damages can run $10K or more plus city fines, depending on the type and age of the tree.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 3:55 PM

I can understand that he wants to look very bohemian now but that beard is a disaster - trim it up, maybe get rid of the gray but it’s really bad. The long hair works though, maybe not so blonde.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 4:13 PM

[quote]OMG, I'm so glad you brought this to our attention. Rich people having a pissing match over ficus trees will be the downfall of this country

Broke ass bitch.

I want to be a "music attorney." But without the Chinese dirty laundry connections like this bitch has.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 4:15 PM

I think he just wants to project an auteur vibe with that look. A soft rebranding effort, basically.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 4:16 PM

He looks so hot when he cleans up, but he prefers looking like a mentally ill homeless person. Shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 4:17 PM

It took 15 posts until the racist arrived at R16. DL is doing better, because they usually arrive around the third post.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 4:42 PM

r19 you know nothing about LA. You can spot Chinese dirty money for miles.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 4:46 PM

Also, Vancouver. Just because they're not white doesn't mean they're not crooked corrupt assholes.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 4:46 PM

Ficus trees are so invasive they’re ripping up concrete but I can’t get a single one in my house to step shedding leaves like a temperamental princess? Or is this another kind of Ficus?

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 4:50 PM

R15 the beard is the point

Surely you people have realized Chris Pine has created a persona based on the Dude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 4:52 PM

Everyone did “get” this, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 4:58 PM

r23 he looks awful. It's terrible when hot people don't embrace their hotness and just look a mess.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 5:07 PM

I’d be pissed about the damage, too and having this problem hanging over your head daily. Then the hassle of hiring contractors to fix the damage.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote] Surely you people have realized Chris Pine has created a persona based on the Dude

I thought he was imitating Mel Gibson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 5:10 PM

[quote]I thought he was imitating Mel Gibson

Hey sugar tits I can see your pussy from behind. You're gonna get raped by a pack of n-----s.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 5:11 PM

Mel Gibson and Chris Pine disgust me so much with their alcohol skin and the drugged up bodies. They should be cast out of Hollywood for looking like homeless people. Shawn Mendes will join in a decade.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 5:12 PM

r29 that's showbiz baby.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 5:13 PM

Chris is a yassified version of his dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 5:15 PM

Muriel's one-sided war with the Daily Mail rages on so I'll put the link in the next post.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 5:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2024 5:30 PM

Only idiots plant ficus trees in Southern California. They were non-native and brought in sometime back in the 60s? and proved to be one of the biggest nuisance trees ever.

I hope it clogs his main line and backs up his toilet.

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2024 5:40 PM

Matthew 5:10–12. Blessed are those news sources like the Daily mail who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote]To describe my relationship with Jesus in a word, it’s complicated.

Attention whore alert!

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2024 5:46 PM

Tree law

This is in California, where I live I have never heard of this, roots are everywhere here, a lawyer would laugh at you and tell you to leave, the roots of my neighbors trees are thick all over my yard and mine hers, fix your own shit and quit whining or move away from people.

by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2024 5:56 PM

Bring back the pepper trees!

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2024 6:15 PM

I always cringe when I see these trees planted as hedges, especially in the backyards of new houses.

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2024 8:56 PM

Chris Pine's neighbour has a cute husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!