Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom House in P-Town for 2.1 million

Yes or no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 1:13 PM

God no.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 5:31 AM

Looks like a murder-suicide house.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 5:31 AM

Super cute. Just not $2.1 million cute.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 5:32 AM

From Today's NYT Real Estate article:

"An 1830 Cape Cod-style house with two bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms and a detached writing studio, on a 0.2-acre lot The owner of this house spent several decades restoring it, focusing on retaining its historic character while adding modern amenities like a gym with a sauna in the basement. It is a few blocks from the Provincetown Theater and from a public beach popular for dog walking in the quieter spring and fall months. Commercial Street, one of the town’s main thoroughfares, is also nearby. A Stop & Shop supermarket is about five minutes away.

Driving to Herring Cove Beach, on the edge of Cape Cod Bay, takes less than 10 minutes. Boston is about two and a half hours away.

Size: 1,380 square feet

Price per square foot: $1,522

Indoors: A wrought-iron gate made by a local artisan swings open to the front yard, where a stone path leads across the lawn and brick steps rise to a blue door painted to match the property’s hydrangeas.

To the left of the entry is a living room with wide-plank pine floors, exposed ceiling beams, a fireplace with a cast-iron wood stove and windows with custom-made shutters.

Through a wide doorway is a dining room with a brass chandelier, coordinating wall sconces, and windows and glass-paneled doors that look out to a patio and the backyard beyond. This room is open to a wood-paneled galley kitchen with integrated appliances and a bright blue La Cornue range.

A staircase on the other side of the dining room leads to the second floor, configured as a primary suite. It includes a loft-style office with views of the surrounding rooftops; a bedroom with white-painted shiplap walls, a fireplace with a brick surround and cast-iron wood stove, and a walk-in closet; and a half bathroom.

The other bedroom is on the first floor, to the right of the entry. It has blue fabric-covered walls above the wood wainscoting and two six-over-six windows that overlook the front yard. Next door is a full bathroom nautical toile wallpaper over more wood wainscoting and a blue soaking tub with a shower overhead.

Outdoor space: To one side of the stone patio off the dining room is a koi pond. The terraced garden beyond has stone walls and steps that lead up to a detached writing studio with parquet floors, French doors and a balcony. The property has two off-street parking spots."

The writing studio is a dream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 5:38 AM

For 1.5 baths? Oh. Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 5:39 AM

No photos of the writing studios, nor the basement.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 5:53 AM

There are two separate rooms just with a writing desk and a chair, are those not the writing studios?

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 5:56 AM

This address is rated MAJOR flood risk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 6:03 AM

Why do they leave bags of trash all over the front yard?

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 6:03 AM

R9 My guess is those aren't bags of trash. I'm thinking they covered some blooming plants with burlap due to a frost/freeze warning??

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 6:12 AM

Those absolutely are protections against frost. I can't believe r9 actually thought their entire yard would be lined up with trash bags like that. On the day they were taking promo shots. Gurl, get your shit together.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 6:18 AM

R6 Photos of writing studio -- interior/exterior

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 6:20 AM

r12 Waste of space. Should be converted to a mini hunting lodge instead.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 6:25 AM

It's a very pleasant little summer house, if a little too piney for my tastes in its interior. Otherwise, no complaints about the house. The Greek Revival temple cum writing studio at the rear of the property is a real beauty.

But $2.1M? Goddamn.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 9:18 AM

Why can't that Greek Revival temple just be... a temple? Like, to one of the Greek gods? Maybe Apollo, which would be apropos for P-Town. Wouldn't that be a fun twist?

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 10:35 AM

I'm not huge on all the blue, but I love all the wood. I could very happily move straight in.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 10:53 AM

Bad juju all around it. There's just way too much of only a couple of themes. It also feels very haunted.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 10:55 AM

For a two million plus listing the agent should have mentioned the basement and included a basement photo and a floor plan. I wonder if it’s really a dry, finished basement or a low ceilings led space that floods with a few sets of free weights?

I think there is a little too much blue and pine that is probably not original. Easy to tone that down just a little. It’s a lovely home. No idea is the price is reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 10:59 AM

[quote]Why can't that Greek Revival temple just be... a temple?

For the new owner, it can be whatever he or she wants. That it's now a writing studio or whatever doesn't mean it always has to be. Rooms are what you make of them..

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 11:03 AM

Very well done - it’s beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 11:30 AM

I like it a lot, but the interiors are incredibly one-note. How much blue and wood can one have? Apparently, quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 11:53 AM

Price per square foot: $1,522 --Nope

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 1:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!