Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Manipulators and the manipulated

We are all being manipulated dozens of times a day. From advertising, the media, politics, friends, and family. I try to take everything with a grain a salt but it’s very challenging and exhausting. What are some examples of you being manipulated probably without you knowing until it’s too late? Are you a good manipulator?

With the presidential election six months away it’s only going to get worse. Trump, unfortunately, is a master manipulator. Deny, deny, deny. Never apologize. Repeat ad nauseam (WITCH-HUNT, RIGGED ELECTION) and his followers fall right into line. I will never understand people, whose fathers and grandfathers fought facists in WW2, have no problem with Trump and his dictatorship fantasies.

While I used Trump as an example, I want to know what defenses one can put up to try to make right decisions when choosing a candidate, buying a car, choosing shampoo. One can do research but I’m sure what comes up is written by people who want to influence you to buy their product, vote for their candidate, or think their way. It seems hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 6:55 PM

I'm not proud of this but I have been manipulated by a person who didn't even realize he was doing it. I sent him to Jail but I would take him back.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 1:55 AM

I believe the whipping up of youngsters about Palestine/Israel is to distract from the upcoming election and conservative/capitalist/plutocracy takeover of America.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 5:57 AM

how do you reply to someone who just apologized to you but it was a fake apology i.e. insincere etc.

it was a BS apology. and this person likes to play games. unfortunately I have to deal with this cunt on a business basis. so can't avoid.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 6:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!