Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crazy Lesbian Writes to Dead Abby

DEAR ABBY: I am a lesbian who recently experienced heartbreak by falling in love with my mentor and boss. I didn't want it to happen, but it did. The time we spent together was a balance of bliss and fear. My heart and soul feel that she feels the same way about me. I left my job because my feelings for her became so overwhelming, I could no longer cope.

She knows how I feel about her, and she has shown interest in me in the past. She is not gay, but I do know of straight women who have fallen in love with one woman in their lives. We have a 15-year age difference. That doesn't matter to me. I'm absolutely crazy about her. I dream about our Victorian home together and a beautiful garden and life. I want nothing else but to make her happy for the rest of her life, make her breakfast every morning and beautiful dinners every night.

We are no longer communicating, upon her request. I want to heal my heart and live my life. It's so hard to let go of her, but I know I should. On the other hand, something tells me I should wait for her. How can I move forward and find the love I deserve in this life? -- CRUSHED IN CALIFORNIA

DEAR CRUSHED: If you really want to find the love you know you deserve, then you are going to have to find someone who is ready and willing to provide it. This person is not. She was interested in you only as a friend and an employee. Asking you to stop communicating with her was a strong message.

It may take time and even psychological counseling to help you disengage from your fantasy of an idealized life with this woman. But for the sake of your sanity, it's important that you try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2024 7:14 PM

Abby was not dead when the letter was written.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 12:48 AM

Note to Self: Cancel the U-Haul.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 12:49 AM

Fatal Attraction with a Subaru and flannel.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 12:50 AM

R1, she died after reading that letter.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 12:50 AM

It sounds like the boss followed the DL advice of punch and delete!

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 12:53 AM

"We are no longer communicating, upon her request."

Out of the dozens of red flags this letter has raised that probably has to be the biggest one. This lady is obviously not playing with a full deck.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 12:55 AM

That was painful to read.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 12:56 AM

That was pitiful to read NOT painful r7

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 12:57 AM

A looney lesbian with an unrequited crush? I've heard worse. Call me when the restraining order is filed.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 1:01 AM

I’m trying to discern where the 15-year age gap lies. I’d assume the crazy, obsessed one is younger but the Victorian house delusion says otherwise.

It must be taking place at a real estate agency, likely in Decatur, Ga., where all sorts of delusional nonsense occurs.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 1:09 AM

Fast Fact: Former Dem POTUS candidate Dean Phillips's adoptive paternal grandmother, Pauline Phillips, was the author of "Dear Abby" under the pseudonym Abigail Van Buren.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 1:15 AM

Whenever I hear about Dear Abbyy, I always think of this brilliant camp classic from the early 60s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 1:19 AM

I think "Dead Abby" should enter the DL lexicon.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 1:25 AM

Beloved song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 1:34 AM

Do we think she’s borderline?

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 2:20 AM

Is she going to lose her mind?

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote] Do we think she’s borderline?

Is a pig’s pussy pork?

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 3:12 AM

“Dear Abby, why won’t she eat my pussy?” “Well Deranged Lesbian, she’s just not that into you!”

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 3:50 AM

It's sad when we fall in love with someone we shouldn't fall in love with. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 4:15 PM

Agreed, r13.

We already have her advice “smoke copious amounts of pot, silly” as the cure for any and all ills. So why not?

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 5:49 PM

R19, you can’t fall in love with someone who wants nothing to do with you.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 5:59 PM

R21 Yes you can. That's not how love works, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 6:19 PM

This sounds as manufactured as 70% of what makes it into agony aunt columns these days. Not specifying "beautiful nut loaf dinners" was a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 6:23 PM

I fell in love with my best friends (a female) boy friend. They had invited me into their lives. Then now have a restraining order out keeping me away. And I have lost my best friend since HS.

Does DL have any advice I love him so and I am sure he might feel the same way despite the restraining order,

Fuck Dear Abby this above is pure DL. This is real heartbreak and angst.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 6:24 PM

R22, it’s called infatuation or a crush, and sometimes obsession, but not love.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 6:30 PM

[quote]likely in Decatur, Ga., where all sorts of delusional nonsense occurs.

That's a strangely specific guess but unfortunately wrong, the writer says she's in California.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 6:33 PM

The Boss Has Stated Her Boundaries!

Lez (Not) Be Friends!

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 6:33 PM

R25 Who are you to define what love is? If you think you can only fall in love with people that can return that love back to you, you are insane.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 6:36 PM

R28

If it’s an enchanted evening one can indeed fall in love from across a crowded room. Meeting people knowing people having a real relationship is often overrated when it comes to love.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 6:44 PM

[QUOTE][R25] Who are you to define what love is?

Foreigner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 6:53 PM

Abby's reply:

Dear Crushed in California,

You have found your Baby Reindeer. Go for it! And be sure to write me back to tell me how everything went.

Abby

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 6:58 PM

DEAD ABBY: My cousin asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding next month. Because we are not very close, and I've already booked travel arrangements for a vacation leaving that same morning, I turned her down. Now my parents and sister are angry at me for not putting family first. It would cost me a significant amount of money to reschedule, not to mention having all my plans overturned. Am I in the wrong? Is it selfish to put my own life ahead of family? -- PENSIVE IN PENSACOLA

DEAR PENSIVE: To put your problem into perspective, I'm FUCKING DEAD. You don't think I'd love to stand up in a tacky dress in a lame relative's wedding? I can't do that. I can't do FUCKING ANYTHING, because I'm DEAD. You're worried about this shit, meanwhile, I'll never again feel the joy of the sun on my face, or the touch of a loved one. Do what you want. I don't care! I'M DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 7:02 PM

I wouldn’t return the U-Haul just yet! A new soul mate is always right around the corner!!

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2024 7:05 PM

It could be a twin flame connection. We want to let go of these people for so many reasons, but the connection is so strong. There is a chaser/runner dynamic that keeps the two people apart until "complete surrender." I was really into twin flame tarot readings for a while, I'm an expert...

No, but limerance is a real thing that some people are prone to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2024 7:16 PM

That poor thing is certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2024 7:35 PM

[quote]My heart and soul feel that she feels the same way about me.

RED FLAG!!!

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2024 7:42 PM

[quote] [R19], you can’t fall in love with someone who wants nothing to do with you

Not necessarily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2024 7:44 PM

The former supervisor/employer was kind not to blackball her from future employment. The "never contact" provision was an extreme kindness.

by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2024 7:45 PM

[quote]I dream about our Victorian home together and a beautiful garden and life. I want nothing else but to make her happy for the rest of her life, make her breakfast every morning and beautiful dinners every night.

Next step: she fills her pockets with stones and wades into a deep river.

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2024 7:47 PM

"I'm trying to discern where the 15-year age gap lies."

If the writer is the older one, then it's rosie o.

by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2024 8:04 PM

Wasn’t this kind of the premise for Greta? Maybe inverted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2024 8:14 PM

“I can’t pull out now, I already called U-Haul!”

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2024 8:20 PM

I can’t wait for the Netflix film of this tale. They really will film anything so it’s a definite possibility.

Kristen Stewart would be magic as the unwashed, unhinged lesbian obsessed with her older boss/mentor. Michelle Pfeiffer would sizzle as her fatal fixation/victim.

Directed by Jodie Foster. Soundtrack by Joan Armatrading to class it up.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2024 9:18 PM

And to think this was posted on National Exchange Bread Pudding Recipe Day! I also think it has the fixin’s of a powerful pop ballad a’la “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You”.

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2024 9:29 PM

Ooh, I love Michelle Pfeiffer.

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2024 9:29 PM

It could be like when there were multiple Amy Fisher TV movies at the same time.

The low-rent version would star Sara Gilbert and Sharon Stone.

On Peacock, of course.

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2024 9:34 PM

A straight person being a cock/clit tease to a gay person. What else is new?

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2024 9:35 PM

She may be a crazy lesbian, and I think her lipstick is a little too much for me, too much red that day, but great lesbian hair and she is rather cute in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2024 9:43 PM

Why is it that every time I encounter a borderline type personally or virtually the person actually is over the line, far from any borders?

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2024 10:18 PM

“I even picked out a cat for us!”

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote] I dream about our Victorian home together and a beautiful garden and life. I want nothing else but to make her happy for the rest of her life, make her breakfast every morning and beautiful dinners every night.

The movie trailer will have Stewart making this speech while a weeping, terrorized Pfeiffer stands over the body of her dead housekeeper, who was bludgeoned by a rolling pin.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2024 10:47 PM

Every night at 2 am a 10-year-old Subaru Forrester with a dreamcatcher in the back window rolls slowly by the boss' house, lights off ...

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2024 11:34 PM

' You can’t fall in love with someone who wants nothing to do with you.'

Says a gay man! Ha!

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2024 11:47 PM

In one of the film’s more controversial scenes, Stewart’s character roofies Pfeiffer’s character’s daily Starbucks.

The latter awakens in a haze in her office chair to find Stewart’s character’s head between her legs, munching on her pussy, her face in ecstasy as she emerges looking like a glazed doughnut.

This is when contact is formally terminated.

And the terror begins.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote]I am a lesbian who recently experienced [bold]heartbreak by falling in love with my mentor and boss.[/bold]

People who have ordinary as fuck Jobs and mistake their bosses for some kind of "mentor" are, in almost every case, a.) the reason I hate LinkedIn culture, and b.) deluded loonies barely hanging on by a thread.

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2024 12:03 AM

Baby Reindeer: Lesbian Edition

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2024 12:06 AM

The third version will air exclusively on Max after a brief theatrical run. An A24 production, it will star Zendaya as the deranged lesbian with Charlize Theron as her doomed mentor.

Directed by Ti West. Premiering at Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2024 12:12 AM

Poor dizzy dyke just needs Cher to slap her across the face, saying “Snap out of it”!

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2024 12:14 AM

Not to be outdone, Oprah - returning to her trashy, exploitative talk-show roots - is producing her own version.

“Little Mermaid” Halle Bailey breaks type as a crazed lesbian stalker with Angela Bassett as her maternal boss, who soon discovers there is more to her new employee than meets the eye.

“Girl…Just No!”

Directed by Ava Duvernay.

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2024 12:39 AM

R48 That's Abby

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2024 3:38 AM

David DeCocteau is probably reading this thread in order to find inspiration for his next movie for Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2024 7:10 AM

Am I alone in feeling that the letter writer ended up stalking and murdering the straight woman?

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2024 7:26 AM

The writer of the letter definitely caught charges for stalking and harassment. Probably multiple times. I wonder how many mug shots she has?

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2024 10:31 AM

R48 My bad. That's her daughter Jeanne Phillips

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2024 10:34 AM

R60

So it’s a different lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2024 10:37 AM

Flash forward ten years…

…they are living in that Victorian home with beautiful garden, and the boss is chained in the attic being served rat lunches. The lesbian is in the basement drunk at 2am singing “I’ve written a letter to Ab-bey…”

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2024 2:03 PM

The Victorian home detail pushes this letter into pure comedy.

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2024 4:27 PM

R65 No, according to her Wiki she has a husband

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2024 7:02 PM

R60 = Rose.

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2024 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!