Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Film Clip Shows Dunaway Ordering Crew Member to 'Please Leave

Faye Dunaway's reputation for being hard to work with may just have been bolstered anew as a clip from the 1990s has emerged, showing the temperamental actor ordering a crew member to "please leave."

UK newspaper the Daily Mail reported that in the clip, filmed in 1996 as Dunaway was making a commercial, "Dunaway, now 83, can be seen ordering a crew member off set merely because she could see him."

The Mail rounded out the story, explaining that the ad was being made for Dunaway's "live stage show 'Master Class,' a play based on the life of opera singer Maria Callas..."

In the clip, "Dunaway glares at an unseen crew member behind the camera lens and says: 'Could you leave please, you're right in my eyeline.'"

Other snippets from the same shoot have also come to light, including one in which Dunaway carps at a crew member for calling, "Action!" before she is ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 11:07 PM

A bit too emotional but not unreasonable in her demand

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 11:39 PM

God I love her. I wish this video were still accessible online.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 11:40 PM

Never change, Faye. Never change.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 11:42 PM

The first clip is on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 11:42 PM

That's our Faye!

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 11:45 PM

It was for the crew member's own safety. Had he stayed in her eyeline too long she may have been tempted to feed.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 11:48 PM

What’s the problem here!???

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 1:29 AM

Please Leave!

If you need anything, ask Carol Ann.....

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 1:31 AM

I love her attitude! She just takes charge in every interaction. I'm sure she'd be annoying on a daily basis though.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 10:57 AM

R9, the trouble is she’s violent and full-blown crazy. She just announced that she’s bipolar and suffers from serious mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 11:26 AM

I still have the scar above my left eye where I got nicked by a thrown VHS cassette. Didn't duck fast enough outside the Video West.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 11:39 AM

<- was the tape "Mommie Dearest"?

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 1:01 PM

I saw the clip- not flattering. She has not received AFI or Kennedy Center recognitions as her body of work would otherwise merit. You have to conclude that her peers do not respect her and/or no one wants to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 1:10 PM

Could you leave please? You're right in my eyeline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 6:34 PM

Worked with her in the nineties for one day. She was tough but not unreasonable. Also, don’t fuck with an actor’s eyeline. She was right in that clip.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2024 6:37 PM

R13 Faye's not the only one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2024 7:05 PM

Barbara, please!!!

Please, Barbara!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2024 7:53 PM

The doors have to open at the same time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2024 8:15 PM

She was a very beautiful young woman, and into middle age still beautiful and fit. I never understood what happened to her bottom teeth. Maybe it was genetics, but her bottom teeth became discolored in the 1980’s. That was surprising because she was so fastidious in her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2024 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!