Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's in your fridge and how quickly could you make a meal at home?

Some DLs have figured this out. Some have bare cupboards.

I have in my fridge eggs, cheese, yogurt, tuna salad, acorn squash soup, chicken rice soup, rotisserie chicken. Assorted vegetables--carrots, celery, onions. Grains, rice, pasta in the pantry. Canned tomatoes. Brioche bread.

No wine or booze. No bacon, sausage or ground meat.

I could do something simple, healthy but not particularly exciting.

What are your ace ingredients?

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 2:04 AM

I'm Italian. I could probably. put a dinner party together.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 9:42 PM

Some people are just that good. Admiration.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 10:42 PM

Did you make the acorn squash soup yourself, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 10:44 PM

No, Whole Foods. Meh. it will do.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 12:06 AM

Mashed avocado from Costco, white wine, cassis, celery, almond milk, yogurt, canned pineapple , Fancy Feast.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 12:12 AM

I could probably make four or five different meals at any given time

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 12:16 AM

OK, two freezer bags of homemade spaghetti sauce. A large piece of roasted pork loin, frozen. breakfast sausage, bacon, frozen cheese tortellini, frozen waffles, salmon fillets, and frozen shrimp peeled and deveined. Beef stew. Eggs. A large block of cheddar cheese. A loaf of bakery fresh whole grain bread. canned tuna, canned salmon, and a bag of fresh mixed salad greens, tomatoes cucumbers and red onion. I can have a lovely meal ready in 25 minutes at most depending on what you want.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 12:19 AM

I cook in huge batches and currently have spaghetti sauce, green chile pork stew, gazpacho, red beans (for red beans and rice) and God knows what else in my freezer in single-serve containers.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 1:30 AM

I could make a huge chicken stew, but it means dipping into the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 1:41 AM

What's in your chicken stew R9? I need to do something with my rotisserie chicken meat?

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!