Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The perfect explanation of why the Ivy League has gone crazy: human suffering has become cosplay for the elite

@elicalebon

I can’t believe I have to explain what’s happening here, but here goes. Elite students of Ivy League schools have glamorized oppression so much that they have now reached role play status to satisfy their fantasies. Here, the students have appropriated the suffering of Gazans and are cosplaying as living through humanitarian crisis. In their American make-believe story where Ivy League infrastructure sets the scene, the students play Gazans and the school administration plays Israel.

Israel (the school) is blocking their “basic humanitarian aid” in this play, and if they don’t receive it soon, they will “die of thirst and starvation” (appropriating exact experiences of Gazans). They also destroy upper class buildings and claim them as “liberated” while the students repeat chants in zombie-like chorus, playing the roll of “freedom fighters” destroying Israeli infrastructure and claiming them freed. If I’m alive in a world where people don’t see the levels of perversion in this, I give up.

You don’t see this in lower tier schools from kids of lower socio-economic standing because they aren’t plagued with the guilt of privilege that they’re seeking to launder through Middle East role plays of feigned suffering. This is as first world dystopia as it gets.

Meanwhile, these Ivy League students who can have much more than a glass of water and as much food as their stomachs can take are commanding the attention of the media and the entire American audience, while actual Gazans who need humanitarian aid are ignored. I still have to pinch myself that people don’t see this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2024 9:15 PM

Right wing propaganda

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 3:03 PM

Perhaps. But there is a bit of credibility in her otherwise too neat and picturesque analogy

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 3:21 PM

Damn...

Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 3:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 3:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 3:33 PM

Crazy Zionist OP is so desperate for validation it's even quoting MAGA people 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 3:38 PM

What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 3:39 PM

R6 if you actually bothered to read the tweet, the author is sympathetic to the Palestinians. This is an actual left-wing critique of bad-faith bourgeois histrionics. You didn’t even realize her twitter handle is in Arabic.

You thought that was Hebrew, didn’t you?

You are quite stupid aren’t you?

Are you the poster in the other thread I identified as a non-high functioning autistic?

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 3:49 PM

I see it more as a small number of people with zero social skills and inability to make friends due to not being able to read social cues looking for something to belong to and get attention. Same as the assholes who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6. All disenfranchised losers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 3:52 PM

Dea Riley clearly states that she is a MAGA FROM KENTUCKY, idiot R8.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 3:54 PM

R6 you ARE the autistic Boris poster!

I have said again and again, this poster has almost no understanding of politics and is likely a level 2 Autistic who merely enjoys posting certain words over and over again because of the consonant sounds that repeat in his head due to echolalia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 3:56 PM

So this poster didn’t bother to read the tweet, he merely saw a critique of the Ivy League, he did not recognize the signature was Arabic and not Hebrew. And he assumed that because I was criticizing the Ivy League I was a Zionist whom he dislikes because he associates them with Trump support, without understanding that Biden’s policies on Israel are as conservative as most Republicans and these students are protesting Biden’s policies. He doesn’t understand anything about politics except dividing people into two sides, based on certain consonant sounds.

He’s completely retarded.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 4:03 PM

Finally R11

Now we know that you are the AUTISM troll, thanks for outing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 4:03 PM

No dishonest dumbfuck, you are trying to validate the NASTY VIEWS OF MAGA WOMAN PIG at R5 and thinking that you are a making a great point, while you are doing nothing more than promoting RIGHT WING PROPAGANDA.

AND FUCK THE IRANIAN CUNT, Students from american universities have also protested the Vietnam war and the South African apartheid in the past.

Why do they do this? Because they are GOOD PEOPLE concerned about human rights.

They were right in the past, they are right once again, despite what zionist boomer cult of DL has to say about them.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 4:07 PM

sotto voce - Some annoying cunt has just noticed that DL is overrun by social and intellectual basket-cases. And is having a futile hissy fit about that!

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 4:08 PM

Look at all the convoluted ad hominem the ziono-fascists are putting themselves through to condemn the protests.

Now it’s the same shit MAGAts say — “they’re just limousine liberals.”

What the fascist Zionists don’t want is for us to realize — the protesters are right.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 4:09 PM

Ladies, when responding to a specific post, please refer to it by reply number so we can try to follow your unhinged rants.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 4:10 PM

[quote] while the students repeat chants in zombie-like chorus

Has this woman never attended a protest before in her life? It’s kinda impossible to take someone in good faith when they’re trying to act like chanting is a unique part of this specific protest (and therefore bad) when changing slogans or rhymes etc has been part of almost every single protest ever? I see she goes on Fox News a lot which also says a lot.

And, correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember pro Israel protestors recreating (and exaggerating) Roleplay scenes from Oct 7th as part of their protests?

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2024 4:18 PM

[quote]Elite students of Ivy League schools have glamorized oppression so much that they have now reached role play status to satisfy their fantasies.

It's not just 'elite' students at highly regarded schools who do this, it's all over the place.

And this is just its latest flavor, a temporary distraction from the rampant misappropriation of 'queer,' physically disabled and neurodivergent identities by kids (and emotionally stunted adults) who don't feel marginalized enough. They confuse identity with Build-a-Bear workshops and unless they escape their online echo chambers it's unclear how they'll ever discover (or appreciate) who they actually are.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 4:21 PM

[quote] Look at all the convoluted ad hominem the ziono-fascists are putting themselves through to condemn the protests. Now it’s the same shit MAGAts say — “they’re just limousine liberals.” What the fascist Zionists don’t want is for us to realize — the protesters are right.

THIS PERSON IS RETARDED. I mean literally in the classical sense retarded. He doesn’t understand that if he truly believed what he was saying - that Zionists are fascists - then he would be heavily opposed to Joe Biden as nearly all extreme left wing people are. He would hate Biden, except he does not - he is obsessed with Biden and accuses everyone who criticizes Biden of being a “Boris.”

He doesn’t understand anything about politics - all the words he uses are assembled based on repeated consonant sounds or iambic meter (rising and failling syllable.) Biden. Boris. Zionists. Fascists. He doesn’t understand what any of these terms mean.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2024 4:22 PM

Retarded RW troll trying to establish a pattern to my posts, exactly like AUTISTIC people do.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

As if that wasn't enough, the troll claims Biden supporters FASCISTS and thinks that there's an extreme left in the USA (typical MAGA talking point)

Not to mention that senile boomer thinks that opposing Dump and hating the MAGATS, AKA supporting Biden automatically means that we also HAVE TO support the Israeli cunts and their endless children-killing.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2024 4:27 PM

*claims Biden supporters ARE FASCISTS*

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 4:28 PM

Look at r20 trying to use this as a wedge issue. Evil people use divide and conquer all the time, and as r20 is an evil fascist, that’s what he’s up to here.

I don’t give a fuck that Biden disagrees with me on this. He’s a Zionist and I hate that about him. Will I still vote for him? Yes.

Does that mean I have to become a Zionist? No.

Am I extreme leftist? No. I’m a paleo-liberal. But it’s not just extreme leftists who are against murderous Zionist fascism. Most decent people are against that.

But then again, you’re not a decent person, Anscher! You’re objectively toxic and evil.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 4:28 PM

It's Republicans who are "the elite"

Most people who make over $100,000 voted for Trump.

Take that GOP shit elsewhere

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2024 4:31 PM

Fuck off Republicans

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2024 4:41 PM

A beloved AP Western European History teacher once told me that the sign of a true Marxist is that they can trace EVERY societal problem back to capitalism and identify EVERY solution as disempowering the bourgeoisie. As a rule, there is no room for nuance.

The same can be said of the new 'Cultural Marxist', but this time of race, with white people replacing the bourgeoisie and black/brown people replacing the proletariat.

Cultural Marxism is actually quite a bit easier, because all it requires is performative "allyship" with the "oppressed" in order to escape being identified as The Problem, and basically no sacrifice—you still get to retain all the wealth, privilege, power, etc..

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote]I still have to pinch myself

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2024 4:44 PM

I would like to point out that "Ivy League" doesn't necessarily equal "wealthy." There are definitely middle class and even lower socioeconomic students who just happened to achieve enough academic success to get accepted into Ivy League schools. It's the wealthy ones who are doing this dumb shit.

They're guilty because they've never had to fight for anything, so they're, indeed, appropriating actual struggles in order to give their lives some semblance of meaning. Deep down, they don't feel like they've earned anything that they've gotten, and hate themselves for it, especially when they compare themselves to their peers who did actually have to fight to get to where they are. This guilt is amplified if the student in question is also White. Now, they see themselves as literally Satan and will do everything in their power to show you how "not like the others" they are so their less fortunate peers don't resent them.

Meanwhile, those exact peers aren't even thinking about them or any of these manufactured problems and just trying to focus on school and bills like normal people.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2024 4:44 PM

R26 they're nothing more than Isaiah Berlin's hedgehogs who happen to use Marxism as their organizing principle.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2024 4:46 PM

I think the same reactionary critiques were leveled at campus anti-apartheid protests in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2024 4:52 PM

[quote] It's the wealthy ones who are doing this dumb shit.

Source R28?

[quote] They're guilty because they've never had to fight for anything, so they're, indeed, appropriating actual struggles in order to give their lives some semblance of meaning. Deep down, they don't feel like they've earned anything that they've gotten, and hate themselves for it, especially when they compare themselves to their peers who did actually have to fight to get to where they are. This guilt is amplified if the student in question is also White. Now, they see themselves as literally Satan and will do everything in their power to show you how "not like the others" they are so their less fortunate peers don't resent them.

Other than being your opinion this bullshit is totally worthless in terms of any empirical analysis of what is going on. “They think this….because I said so”.

Generally these threads are giving very strong anti-intellectualism GW Bush mouth-breather vibes. Welcome Reddit mouth-breathers! May your stay be short.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2024 4:57 PM

R23 you are EXTREMELY AUTISTIC

You are obsessed with Matt Anscher (iambic, ch sounds like fascist) who probably hasn’t posted her for ten years. You hate him because you hate Jews. Your postings prove that you hate Jews. No one who believes what you believe would not only not support Biden but would rationalize supporting him. Extremists are extreme - they would never behave like that. Someone who calls Zionists fascists is a hardcore leftist who would, even if they were capable of rationalizing their vote for Biden, would also believe in criticizing him, constantly and unapologetically. You do not allow that.

Therefore, you are retarded, you are an Anti-Semite, and your entire political worldview is based on creating binary “us vs them” simply based on iambic words with strong consonant sounds.

Freak.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2024 5:07 PM

R31 I'm not R28, but I am a liberal Jew and reformed [fairly radical] far-lefter—pretty much from high school all the way through my early 30s. I am quite ashamed to say that this was an enormously motivating factor for me if I'm being honest with myself, which I certainly wasn't for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2024 5:09 PM

R33 I think we had a back and forth on a separate thread. If these protests (which aren’t particularly anarchic relatively speaking, they seem fairly benign to me) motivated you to move to the center then I don’t think you were quite the radical you think you were.

Most of the violence seems to have come from the cops. Which should if anything motivate you further to the left. But I guess the power of ever present right wing journalism is a sight to see ahah.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2024 5:14 PM

r23 is PD

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2024 5:15 PM

R34 Just dug this out of the closet from my former pain-in-the-ass progressive days as evidence that I was (and still am to a degree) deeply critical of police violence. These protests are decidedly NOT an example of police brutality. Not a single rubber or pepper bullet has been deployed, no one has been tear gassed, no one has taken a baton to the head, no one has been tased. Is your definition of "police brutality" merely "arrests have been made"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2024 5:32 PM

R1 funny how upper class bitches that are in fact economically right wing and living off of exploitation of others have culturally appropriated the left wing, which is about class struggle.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2024 5:37 PM

R36 haha wow yea real anarchist stuff, you got me!

I never mentioned brutality btw that’s your contribution, but here’s video of a college professor being violently arrested by cops for….no real reason. She was charged with battery after the event btw. Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2024 5:40 PM

R38 I'm sorry...did you request evidence of "anarchism"? Were you expecting me to produce a dusty trunk full of molotov cocktails?

I watched that video many times. Her head was absolutely NOT "slammed into concrete". And she both refused multiple times to disperse when ordered by police, and then resisted arrest.

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2024 5:45 PM

And yes, you did mention police violence. You literally said:

"Most of the violence seems to have come from the cops. Which should if anything motivate you further to the left."

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2024 5:47 PM

R39 she did not resist arrest give me a fucking break. You’re a cop apologist, it’s embarrassing. If that was your mother or your sister I’d love to see you pull that bootlicking bullshit.

I said ‘brutality’ was your contribution. Brutality and violence are similar but different degrees of the same thing, you were sensationalizing what I said and putting words in my mouth. There is clear violence coming from the police. That was a violent arrest with that woman, and she didn’t deserve it. Countless other examples too.

So I’ll ask again, did she deserve to be charged with battery?

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2024 5:55 PM

R41 Countless other examples you say?

...Such as?

I have experienced first hand ACTUAL police violence where I was whacked in the back and neck multiple times with a long baton while I was incapacitated on the ground after being tear gassed next to an injured elderly man. I have also been arrested at protests similar to the way that professor was and I did not remotely consider that to be an example of brutality (and unlike her, I didn't even resist). Like I said, she was ordered multiple times to disperse along with the other protesters and she refused. So they then attempted to restrain her for arrest and she resisted.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2024 6:09 PM

That Emory professor was demonstrating her white privilege in that video. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2024 6:40 PM

R42 for the nth time, you are the only one talking about brutality. The arrest was violent, that’s not up for debate. Can you wrap your two brain cells around the difference between the two? Again, should she have been charged with battery? You keep avoiding that question I wonder why 😜?

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2024 7:27 PM

Enrollment is down. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2024 7:37 PM

Slow your roll, r44. I did not ever post anything about brutality and my r43 is the only post on that arrest. Do you understand you are not having a private conversation with one person?

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2024 7:42 PM

R44 How the fuck should I know if she should be charged with battery? I'm not the person prosecuting the case for christssake, and neither you or I are privy to the evidence supporting the charge. We both only saw a tiny clip of the interaction. Theoretically, if she so much as put her hands on a police officer attempting to restrain her even once that can legally be considered battery. And of course in general I think that's a pretty bullshit move considering a cop has to basically murder a person before they're even slapped on the wrist. But that still doesn't make the charge of battery in this case an unlawful one if she did indeed put her hands on the officer, even if it was just pushing him away, which we did see in the clip. Frankly, in this case, I'm not losing sleep over whether the woman chanting for my family's death has to shell out a few thousand dollars to get the charge thrown out in court. She'll probably wear it as a badge of honor.

That said, all that my original comment to you comprised of was a response to your discounting R28's analysis of the radical progressive's mindset by saying that, as a former radical progressive myself, I can at least personally confirm such a mindset.

YOU were the one who introduced "police violence" into the discussion. I responded by saying that as someone who has spent a lot of time not only protesting police violence and have also experienced it firsthand, that no, I do not consider the example you put forth to be an example of it. Not getting the answer you hoped to from me, you've resorted to needling me on semantics. I am using the terms "police violence" and "police brutality" interchangeably because I see no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't be. But if you do, please, tell me what you consider the vast difference between the two terms to be.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2024 8:11 PM

We're where go to sand The Barron to Columbiana- but not know! Ese 2 daggerous. So he'll well take a years of and travell Europe. Be best!

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2024 8:20 PM

R46 I didn’t tag you in my reply idk why you’re talking to me as if I did.

R47 you’re more than willing to describe her as “resisting arrest” and how she was “ordered to disperse several times” (is refusing to disperse a crime in this instance does anyone know?) but as soon as the battery question comes up all of a sudden you’re not an expert 😂😂😂 give me a fucking break.

[quote] Frankly, in this case, I'm not losing sleep over whether the woman chanting for my family's death has to shell out a few thousand dollars to get the charge thrown out in court.

Source - “I made it up”

[quote] I can at least personally confirm such a mindset.

Anecdotally, subjectively, on an anonymous board. Super trustworthy. Also r28 is fucking nuts “they see themselves as literally Satan” like????? Are you saying they’re coherent?

[quote] I am using the terms "police violence" and "police brutality" interchangeably because I see no reason why they couldn't or shouldn't be.

If you see no reason then you’re kinda dumb.

Here’s an article on police brutality. A violent arrest is not necessarily police brutality, although of course it can be. Hope this helps x.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2024 8:22 PM

R49 A "violent arrest" is one in which excessive force is used. You asked my opinion if that was what I would consider evident via the video clip you shared. I said once, twice, four times perhaps that no, I would not. Your response is "you’re kinda dumb".

Furthermore, you just used "like?????" as a full sentence and punctuate with 'x', so I'm fairly confident you're either a 17-year old TikToker or have the mind of one, which means I'm about done with this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote] A "violent arrest" is one in which excessive force is used.

Not necessarily R50. It’s just an arrest that has a violent component. Can be excessive, but can be non-excessive. I don’t know why you’re so stuck on embarrassing yourself on misunderstanding distinctions lol. Non-violent arrest is just that, non-violent. It’s very straightforward.

[quote] You asked my opinion if that was what I would consider evident via the video clip you shared. I said once, twice, four times perhaps that no, I would not.

I actually didn’t ask your opinion on that, I very clearly asked your opinion on her battery charge several times which you dodged. You can feel free to show me where I asked you whether or not it was police violence but I didn’t.

[quote] Your response is "you’re kinda dumb".

I’m sticking by this assertion.

[quote] Furthermore, you just used "like?????" as a full sentence and punctuate with 'x', so I'm fairly confident you're either a 17-year old TikToker or have the mind of one, which means I'm about done with this conversation.

I’m neither, but I don’t mind the youth, and since I’m not writing my thesis I type casually on here. I think you’re about done with this conversation because you cannot parse sentences and are therefore confusing yourself. Be best!

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2024 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!