Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Veil" on rottentomatoes at 33% Avg. Tomatometer, 29% avg. Audience Score

It's hard to believe that this international espionage thriller isn't doing better. You would think everyone would want to see Elisabeth Moss as a kick-ass action-adventure heroine & superspy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 4:32 PM

Another example of the death of movies and tv shows. No one is interested in this

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 1:44 AM

[quote]series that explores the surprising and fraught relationship between two women who play a deadly game of truth and lies

Didn’t we already see that in Killing Eve?

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 1:45 AM

^^r2, Yes, but that didn't have Elisabeth Moss and her electrifying action hero appeal!

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 1:50 AM

Does anyone really like Elisabeth Moss? Like die hard fans who will watch her in anything?

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 1:50 AM

cube fraus love her. This stong womenz bullshit is funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 1:52 AM

I saw this trailer before Challengers. She has an English accent.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 2:18 AM

Did Handmaids Tale end or is there another season? I totally lost interest after the kids escaped on a plane.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 2:30 AM

I loved Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson on "Mad Men," but that does not mean I'll see her in anything.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 2:48 AM

Sounds like she didn't pray hard enough to Xenu and the Ooga-Booga gods.

Or maybe her check didn't clear. The Church of Scientology can RUIN careers of people who don't pay up, Mossy!

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 3:17 AM

Josh Charles' revival going well, I see. Karma for leaving The Good Wife, thinking he'd hit it big. Presumptuous cunt.

Only person I feel bad for here is Alec Secareanu, who is in one episode of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 4:46 AM

Speaking of Moss, is Scientology available all over the world? Like even in Africa or China?

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 5:03 AM

Forbidden in China and not really a thing on the African continent outside of South Africa. It's incredibly difficult to establish a meaningful foothold over there – just look at how long the Mormons have been trying, with only minimal success to show for.

Besides, Scientology is all about successful (and famous) people connecting with other successful people, so poorer countries aren't exactly their priority.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 5:11 AM

Movies and TV shows are dying because one TV show was received poorly, r1? You sound like a massive fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 10:10 AM

Frankly, there's wayy too much available. I mean...who has the time to watch something the very day it comes out? I'm knee-deep into 5 shows at the same time. Jesus, we'll get to it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 10:53 AM

I watched a bit and can’t figure out if there’s supposed to be an air of sexiness to her character. Because there’s not.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 10:57 AM

I’m a Moss fan but this seems like average espionage thriller. It’s great seeing her do glamorous and bad ass!

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 11:15 AM

[quote]I mean...who has the time to watch something the very day it comes out?

The problem is that you put something off for two weeks and then you miss out on all the interesting discussion. That's what happened to me with Ripley most recently – everyone on DL had already moved on by the time I was finished.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 11:39 AM

I’m waiting for Lezbo Mad Max

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2024 11:48 AM

R17 UGGHH, I forgot about Ripley.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 12:05 PM

R11 Scientology is built around the long grift, and on getting suckers to pony up increasingly large amounts of cash in return for getting to read increasingly secretive documents written by L. Ron's speed-addled brain.

You can't sell access to OT-VIII to people who only earn two beans and a goat's head per year.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2024 3:03 PM

R13, you must be a massively old person if you're unaware of the state of the entertainment business.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2024 3:41 PM

I'm not r13, but the entertainment business simply isn't dying, that ridiculous claim goes against all viewing figures and output stats available to us. You must either be Jerry Seinfeld or some other clueless idiot like him to parrot that talking point. It's called change, darling, and it is in fact the only constant both in life and in business of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!