Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden to Reclassify Marijuana to Schedule Class that includes Tylenol

The Biden administration is set to reclassify marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule III controlled substance, marking a significant shift in U.S. drug policy. This move would acknowledge marijuana’s potential medical benefits and reduce restrictions on its research and pharmaceutical use.

The Department of Health and Human Services supports this change, highlighting marijuana’s lower health risks compared to other controlled substances. The rescheduling could benefit the $34 billion cannabis industry by easing tax burdens and potentially reducing the black market.

However, some critics argue that it could lead to increased marketing targeted at children and ignore the risks associated with high-potency marijuana.

The decision is still subject to a public review period and potential congressional intervention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 11:18 AM

About goddamn time.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 12:14 AM

Get these college kids stoned back in their dorms and off the campus yards.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 12:42 AM

He should have done this on day one. Better late than never, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 12:46 AM

Done and forgot by November.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 12:54 AM

Tylenol with Codine...not just Tylenol. Big difference. Plain old Tylenol is not scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote]He should have done this on day one. Better late than never, I guess.

Another one who doesn't understand how rule working in the federal government works. Do you know how many of Trump's rules and regulations were struck down by the courts on administrative grounds simply because he didn't follow proper rulemaking procedures and rushed them through instead? Do you really want the same thing to happen here?

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 5:21 AM

[quote]Cannabis is currently classified along with drugs like heroin and LSD. The administration is expected to reschedule it in a category that includes steroids and Tylenol with codeine.

This is a good move.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 8:51 AM

I have said before that there are a remarkable number of similarities between Biden and Trump.

Putting this as an election year bribe to young people is extremely Trumpian. If this was possible, why wasn’t this done in 2021?

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 8:53 AM

R8 do you like the fact it happened or not?

I do.

Sure, I can bitch and moan it wasn't done earlier. But I'm glad it's done now.

(By the way, passing sexy laws in an election year is neither Trumpian nor is it Bidenonian. It's been done since forever.)

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 8:57 AM

Old and stoned Joe is at it again!!! The way this country is going, it’s probably a good thing that we have easier access to things that cloud reality.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 9:17 AM

[quote] passing sexy laws

This isn’t passing sexy laws. Are you a really young millennial or zoomer? Did you not see Schoolhouse Rocks’s How a Bill Becomes a Law?

This is an executive change which as the article says cannot just happen. It will be challenged. It is a cheap attempt to bribe voters with something they may not get, like student loan forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 11:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!