Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2024 Tony Nominations: Hell's Kitchen, Stereophonic Lead

Nominations were announced for the 2024 Tony Awards April 30, with Hell's Kitchen and Stereophonic rising to the top of the pack with 13 nominations each.

Hell's Kitchen is among this year's Best Musical nominees, along with Illinoise, The Outsiders, Suffs, and Water for Elephants. Stereophonic also received a nomination for Best Play, alongside Jaja's African Hair Braiding, Mary Jane, Mother Play, and Prayer for the French Republic.

I am disappointed Lempicka didn't receive a nomination for Best Musical. It's brilliant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 2:41 PM

Eden Espinosa, lead actress in Lempicka, did receive a nomination.

Hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 12:05 AM

Give Jessica Lange her Tony for The Mother Play. She's the best actress of the past 40-50 years.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 12:07 AM

When okay you can hear her, R2. Sarah Paulson will be winning.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 12:31 AM

*She's okay when you can hear her

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 12:32 AM

Sorry Lange Loon but Jessica will not win. Sarah Paulson will win in her All About Eve moment.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 12:58 AM

All About Eve moment seems to indicate Paulson isn't deserving. Is that the case?

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 1:00 AM

Don't count out Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 1:07 AM

I hope Eden Espinosa wins for Lempicka. The show is outstanding, and she is a star, who shines in the role. Plus, I want the show to survive. A Tony Award would help.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 1:09 AM

Happy to see Jonathan Groff nominated. He is equally as deserving as Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 1:10 AM

Damn, The Great Gatsby only received one nomination for costume design. Poor Jeremy Jordan--so talented; he needs a hit!

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 1:11 AM

The Outsiders is a great show. Young actor Brody Grant is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 1:14 AM

Will nobody think about Chip Zien?

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 2:04 AM

Snubs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 4:12 PM

I saw both Lange and Paulson. I liked both performances and, for me, Paulson edges out Lange. Maybe because I think Appropriate is a better play than Mother Play. But, from what I hear, Rachel McAdams may edge out both Lange and Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 7:50 PM

Paulson will win. This is her moment. Lange has a Tony and McAdams will probably go back to movies after this.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 7:53 PM

Sarah Paulson is great, but my vote goes to Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 1:18 AM

Lange and Paulson played Amanda and Laura Wingfield in the abysmal 2005 revival of The Glass Menagerie, so it's wonderful that they were able to overcome that dog of a show and not only triumph on the Broadway stage, but score Tony nods in the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 3:37 AM

They also worked well together on American Horror Story. The series went way downhill after Lange left.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 3:38 AM

Is there a new Theatre Gossip Thread?

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 1:03 PM

R19, yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 2:18 PM

[quote]Sorry Lange Loon but Jessica will not win. Sarah Paulson will win in her All About Eve moment.

Jessica is a shoo-in for the Sarah Siddons Award.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 2:26 PM

It seems most of the actor/actresses plays have already closed and only lasted a few months. Is that just so they could get nominated and then forget a long run?

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 2:34 PM

Huh, R22?

Anyway, it seems most of the actors/actresses are still in shows that are running.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!