Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sarah Michelle Gellar

It was just over 30 years ago she part of the ensemble of All My Children, then 1997 hit. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Scream 2 catapulted her into becoming a household name.

In 2002, she married fellow actor Freddie Prinze Jr., where they decided to their kids out of the spotlight. When not acting and being a mom, she volunteers with Habitat for Humanity, HIV educational programs, and other charities around the world.

Always smiling, always witty, and always glamorous, let's discuss Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 1:28 PM

She IS Sarah Michelle Gellar!

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 11:10 PM

She was great in Cruel Intentions but never really cared for her in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 11:14 PM

What a pleasant person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2024 11:15 PM

She frightens me

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2024 11:16 PM

She called out “saint” Susan Lucci as a bitch when she was quite young. I remember thinking “Who is this girl?” as it was the first time I’d ever heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2024 11:17 PM

SMG on The Rosie O'Donnell Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2024 11:22 PM

She seems very likable.

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 11:24 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 11:30 PM

She's a nasty little creature. No one can like her!

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 11:30 PM

SMG on Conan O'Brien in the year 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 11:40 PM

she is the princess of the late 1990's teens

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote] Conan O'Brien in the year 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 12:41 AM

I read an interview years ago (I think just after Buffy finished) and she was asked about why most of the photos printed of her were the official ones, i.e. no paparazzi candid style pics and she said she didn't go out much to clubs etc because she was a smoker and didn't want the kids watching the show to see Buffy Summers smoking.

I always thought that was a really nice way to respect and appreciate both the audience and the character.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 12:42 AM

My friend worked on Ringer, and she did not have flattering things to say about SMG.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 12:45 AM

Shirley Temple was the same way R13. A lifelong smoker who wouldn’t smoke in public because she didn’t want to set a bad example for fans.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 12:49 AM

Ultimately her career suffered because Gellar didn't play the media games. She worked, she went home. Hollywood doesn't appreciate women who don't earn the industry extra money during their off-hours by having public tantrums and drinking problems.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 12:54 AM

Fun fact: SMG was cast as Jenny Everdeane in Scorsese’s “Gangs of New York”, which probably would have significantly raised her profile (especially if she did well, since Cameron Diaz’s performance is one of the weak spots people always talk about with that film), but she pulled out due to a conflict with Buffy. After that missed opportunity, she never really got her big breakout “serious” role. That was in 2002, and since then she's done some light romcoms, some horror, the Scooby Doo movies, and some other small stuff, but nothing with that kind of buzz. She had another shot with The Crazy Ones (primetime network single cam comedy with Robin Williams) if that had broken big, but it didn’t, and unfortunately even if it had, with Williams getting sick it probably would have ended up the same. Her and FPJ both seem to get steady work, though, which honestly is a decent gig. They have kind of the same thing that Kristen Bell/Dax Shepard have, though the latter seems to have broken out more in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 12:58 AM

She's never been a good actress. Buffy might be good for a teenager's show, but that doesn't mean squat.

Cruel Intentions was one of those movies that was awesome as a teenager when the wind could make me hard but terrible on rewatch. I think half the appeal, for me, was that character being completely different than anything else I'd seen her in and my love of cruel bitches.

She's perfect for all those Scooby Doo movies, though.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2024 1:00 AM

She's no Jennifer Love Hewitt.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 1:04 AM

Lucci all but tortured her on AMC. She HATED having a daughter her age on the show, even though in real life she had a daughter older. Once she started getting press it made Lucci ten times worse. When Gellar won the emmy in 1995 it pretty much cemented the hate.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2024 1:07 AM

R14 tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2024 1:13 AM

r20 did Lucci think her "daughter" should have been younger?

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 3:36 AM

R22 Lucci has always been 40 and her daughter has always been 12

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 1:45 PM

The problem was the story was Kendal was born out of 15-year-old Erica being raped which happened before the show started in 1970 when Erica was supposed to be 15, which put her birth year at 1955. Kendal was supposed to be 16 when she came on the show but fans complained that would mean Erica was 31 in 1993 which I am sure Lucci would have loved but no one believed she was 31. They changed Kendall's age to 23 which put the age more in line with the start date of 1970. That put 44-year-old Lucci playing 38 year old Erica. The problem for Lucci was it put focus on her age and she was not happy about it. She took that out on Gellar.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2024 7:31 PM

I watched her on a teen soap, Swans Crossing. She played Sydney Rutledge. I insisted on wearing buff beige maybelline foundation because that’s what she wore in the late 90s, early 00s ads. I liked her hair too but I could never pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2024 7:57 PM

She's too nice for Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 12:34 PM

Lucci is estranged from her daughter. I wonder what that's all about.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 1:06 PM

Liza, her daughter has not spoken to her father or mother (father is now dead) in over 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 1:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!