Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sandra Doorley, Rochester, NY DA, goes full asshole when she's pulled over for speeding

What a CUNT! From the Times article on this:

"In her garage last week, Officer Crisafulli expressed confusion about the amount of hostility she was exhibiting toward him.

“I’m doing my job,” he told her. “You say you’re a D.A.?”

“I am the D.A.,” she replied, before getting her badge out of her handbag and showing it to him.

“If you give me a traffic ticket, that’s fine,” she said. “I’m the one who prosecutes it.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2024 2:03 AM

I love how people forget cameras are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 10:10 AM

"I'm the one who prosecutes it" sounds like a conflict of interest to me.

I thought it was only (minor) celebrities who played the "don't you know who I am?" card.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 10:13 AM

She's issued an apology. Pleaded guilty to the speed ticket. Self reported herself to the "grievance committee" - and yet, I still cant shake the feeling that she simply must resign. There's no way she can continue to prosecute with this type of lawless behavior on record. She's proven herself unfit for this job. She's merely a distraction right now.

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2024 10:43 AM

Her history is really far right and gross. Video outlining it all at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2024 10:45 AM

I'm wondering if the state bar will suspend or revoke her law license. In my opinion, it should. Failing to stop when pulled over is a huge deal. Huge. Then copping an attitude and saying you didn't stop because you didn't think the officer's lights were related to you? Huge and not believable.

Licensed attorneys who behave like this should be denied the privilege of using their license. I'm not kidding. We have an absurd surfeit of lawyers anyway. Just get rid of the bad ones pronto.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2024 10:54 AM

Rochester does it again!

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2024 11:10 AM

R5 here. Watched in part again. The abuse of position here, the egregiousness of her above-the-law attitude, is just mind-blowing. License should be at least suspended, possibly revoked permanently. Just my opinion. With the license come duties, boys and girls.

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 11:11 AM

Armature! - Justice Thomas

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 11:32 AM

It’s tough to watch the gaslighting here, and the cynical evasive nonsense she tries to pull on the Officer. The phrases “so, what?”, “I don’t care”, “you’re being an asshole” all trouble me. And the passive and active defiance. She really needs to go, and go humbly. I felt bad for the officer having to qualify his actions to the supervisor who appears.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 11:33 AM

Countdown to announcement where she discusses her mental health journey and has entered a "facility".

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 11:58 AM

She hasn't resigned , so she deserves to be fired

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2024 12:13 PM

She should be disbarred and fired. Her high public office comes with high responsibility to act responsibly and legally and to avoid any appearance of using her position for personal advantage to pick and choose the laws that apply to her.

She's a wretched person.

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2024 12:14 PM

If she had pulled over, when instructed, we would not be discussing this incident. She's got to go.

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2024 12:16 PM

And if she was Black....

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 12:23 PM

The only thing that would better her situation is saying, "I had a lapse in judgment, I resign".

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 12:27 PM

By all means, let's get more women in politics, because they will bring a gentler, more sympathetic face to government.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2024 12:27 PM

American Society Today

Straight White Cis Man with Authority = Always Wrong no matter the circumstances.

Upper Class Straight Cis White Woman = Oppressed Minority with an expectation of special treatment.

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2024 12:39 PM

You got to love "law and order" bitches like this one: as long as the law and order apply to "the others" not to them.

In that regard, she's just like DL's law and order trolls: the laws apply only to the common folk, not to us "special" people.

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2024 12:41 PM

A really bad look for Rochester, and that city could use a break right now. They’ve dealt with so much disappointment in the past few decades. If they don’t navigate this ethically and transparently, they are in for a whole new chapter of anger and frustration. One step forward…

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2024 1:07 PM

I am absolutely convinced that this bitch got away with driving under the influence. She created enough of a scene over a speeding ticket to convince me she is hiding that. She is red and sweaty and she is slurring some of her words. Her convictions are now all suspect and she’s on camera defying the law. My bar card would be suspended so fast my head would spin. I hope she loses her license.

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2024 1:17 PM

Yeah, I think she's either drunk or has a few pain pills in her, which is why she freaked out and refused to stop in the first place. Regardless, she can't be DA anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2024 1:27 PM

Wow she comes across so unlikeable and so awful in this clip. It likely triggers memories of being bullied and marginalized in most viewers. She reminds me of a mean old lady who caught me climbing a tree once, when I was a small kid. She was just rough and indignant, like a miserable old crone. This lady will likely become a pariah, and probably should simply disappear. Her behavior is a dealbreaker and there isn’t any way to defend or support it. R20 might be correct. She may have been disinhibited by some substance, either alcohol or possibly some stimulant or psychoactive agent, like diet medication.

by Anonymousreply 22April 30, 2024 1:27 PM

[quote]I am absolutely convinced that this bitch got away with driving under the influence. She created enough of a scene over a speeding ticket to convince me she is hiding that. She is red and sweaty and she is slurring some of her words.

I wondered the same, R20.

I know it's a bodycam with some inherent visual distortion, but she appears to lurch a couple of times or move oddly in an unsteady fashion, she seems to go to pains to keep herself at a distance from the police officer (as one might do if she had boozy breath), and it appears she may be trying at points to keep her mouth closed (again as one might do if smelling of drink).

And yes, as you noted, she is slurry a couple of times and doesn't have the presence one would expect of a DA to explain who their position and respond to the police officer. And what was she digging around for on the console of her Brinks Armored Car -- a breath mint now seems a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 23April 30, 2024 1:36 PM

The NYPost is on her now: "NY DA Sandra Doorley blames ‘frightening medical concern,’ ‘work stress’ for cursing out cop over ticket." The medical concern was a diagnosis of her husband. She claims she will refer the case to another DA for a full review, “If one of my assistant district attorneys had acted this way, I would’ve disciplined them. So I’m disciplining myself. I will take ethics training to remind myself that professionalism matters,” she said. “I’ve been humbled by my own stupidity and I am fully to blame. I will make this right.”

Oh, the lucky instructor of her ethics course.

by Anonymousreply 24April 30, 2024 1:41 PM

She was drinking.

by Anonymousreply 25April 30, 2024 1:41 PM

She would have fired one of her assistant district attorneys that they had done this. Damage control through and through.

by Anonymousreply 26April 30, 2024 1:44 PM

I also think she was drunk and trying to obfuscate that fact by copping to the speeding and then scrambling around for excuses for why she did not stop (none of which made any sense, of course).

by Anonymousreply 27April 30, 2024 1:51 PM

[quote]Rochester does it again!

Now cut that out!

by Anonymousreply 28April 30, 2024 2:10 PM

Abuse of power is hardly merely an "ethics violation" or code of conduct infraction.

It's one thing when a politician pulls this, but when the person whose sole responsibility is to prosecute these times of crimes announces she's above prosecution for these types of crimes, it goes far beyond just being entitled.

Her credibility has been severely damaged because she just announced she uses her office for her own benefit.

by Anonymousreply 29April 30, 2024 2:16 PM

She also offered that she was on the phone when she was speeding, which is one of the reasons why she “didn’t know” she had the cop behind her with his lights and siren on. The aggressive sense of entitlement is really disturbing to watch… Get the popcorn and settle in!

by Anonymousreply 30April 30, 2024 2:21 PM

No. You can't discipline yourself. Resign.

by Anonymousreply 31April 30, 2024 4:05 PM

She’s a maga and comes with excuses. Excuses are fine - you had your own reasons for violating the law. . Consequences are for non magas only.

by Anonymousreply 32April 30, 2024 6:08 PM

I didn't watch the entire 26 minutes. Did she at any point ask "Do you know who I AM?!?"

by Anonymousreply 33April 30, 2024 7:04 PM

What a MAGA cunt, think the law does not apply to her. She had a bad day? Boo Hoo. I love that the cop said we all have bad days. Not an excuse to break the law.

by Anonymousreply 34April 30, 2024 7:06 PM

I had a bad day too!

by Anonymousreply 35April 30, 2024 7:07 PM

Next up for Sandy: Republican Congresswoman!

by Anonymousreply 36April 30, 2024 7:18 PM

Wait. Vicki from RHOC moved to Rochester & became the DA?

by Anonymousreply 37April 30, 2024 7:20 PM

Rancho Cucamonga has a major street called Rochester Ave. Many years later, they added a small street that intersects with it called Jack Benny Dr.

They also have an intersection of Anaheim Place and Azusa Ct.

by Anonymousreply 38April 30, 2024 7:23 PM

Miss Doorley Has Stated Her Boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 39April 30, 2024 7:25 PM

This dumb bitch had to be told not to become committee co-chair of Lee Zeldin's gubernatorial campaign. Wouldn't any district attorney know this?

by Anonymousreply 40April 30, 2024 8:41 PM

I didn't know she was a magat, but I could have guessed given she refuses to resign.

by Anonymousreply 41April 30, 2024 9:19 PM

Did she fuck Corey, too? He's NOT a nice man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 30, 2024 9:28 PM

MAGATTING aside, she'd make a good character in a mystery series.

by Anonymousreply 43April 30, 2024 10:41 PM

Her name reminds me of the rhymes kids used to chant when skipping rope. Or maybe a logic game from the television show Zoom. “Sandra Dooley likes driving fast, but doesn’t like tickets…

by Anonymousreply 44April 30, 2024 11:02 PM

New York District Attorney Sandra Doorley sent a brutal email to colleagues just days before bodycam showed her berating cops who had Doorley's office has been accused of having a toxic environment for years.

Prosecutors have quit for private practice with some accusing Doorley of having a 'hostile' management style, the Democrat and Chronicle reported.

The Monroe County DA called some of her staff 'a disaster, plain and simple,' in the email, obtained by Democrat and Chronicle.

She began the email on a positive note, but the tone quickly turned, furiously claiming, 'many of you are a disaster, plain and simple. This will not be tolerated.'

She continued, emphasizing her dissatisfaction in bold letters: 'It is unacceptable to ignore your duties as a prosecutor. I have gone to great lengths to advocate for higher salaries and raises. To see many of you drop the ball on so many cases, is discouraging and disheartening.'

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2024 12:03 AM

The heated incident occurred on April 22, when an officer followed Doorley to her home after she was flagged for driving 20 miles over the speed limit in her hulking GMC Yukon SUV.

Doorley was driving 55 miles per hour in a 35 miles per hour zone. She is now facing a state inquiry into her behavior.

Doorley only admitted that she was driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone after humiliating bodycam video surfaced and quickly went viral.

The footage opens with Doorley telling an officer, 'I'm sorry. I'm the D.A. I was going 55 coming from work.'

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2024 12:04 AM

Ineffective management.

If there are performance issues that need to be addressed or corrected, a group email loaded with personal insults is not a good way to turn things around.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2024 12:22 AM

She’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2024 12:26 AM

[quote] she'd make a good character in a mystery series.

As the murder victim? Absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2024 12:28 AM

Was she drunk on the job as she attempted management of her office? That's the next point to be put forward by a certain number of aggrieved underlings who have probably been collecting evidence for years under her poor "direction."

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2024 12:45 AM

[quote]And if she was Black....

We wouldn’t hear a peep.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2024 12:50 AM

Should have pulled over and accepted the citation,period. After she identified herself as the DA, the cop would have let her go back to her miserable life.

That group email triggers, shitty managers are legion.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2024 12:50 AM

There should be no inquiry, she is supposed to resign. Period.

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2024 1:03 AM

If some clever editors highlight and repeat her drunk-sounding moments and add some nice, relevant music, it could happen...

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2024 1:10 AM

Well her 1st attempt at coming clean is pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2024 12:24 PM

Brittle and prickly.

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2024 12:26 PM

She deliberately keeps out of range of the officer while he continues to ask her to stop moving, I believe, to try and cover symptoms of DUI. She saw the officer and then called the police chief while the officer was following her, in an attempt to get the police officer called off. She expected the police chief to cover her. She must be universally loathed to have this come to light. Most PD and prosecutors are best friends and, if this could have been covered up, it would have been.

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote]While she first ran on a Democratic platform, Doorley switched to the Republican Party in 2015. She was re-elected by voters three times, including last November when she ran unopposed. Doorley served as president of the District Attorneys Association of the State of New York in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2024 1:31 PM

She looks like a taller, fatter Ramona Singer.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2024 3:17 PM

For all the police officer knew at that moment, she could have been reaching for a gun when she turned to get her purse.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2024 6:04 PM

I like when she tells the superior officer that the reason she didn’t pull over was she thought it would be better to just pull into her driveway.

Um, she didn’t just pull into her driveway… she left the driveway and went into the garage and refused to come out.

The traffic officer handled her perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2024 6:57 PM

Why wasn’t this cunt arrested? She didn’t stop her vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2024 7:06 PM

I had to laugh at her defense of not seeing his lights was that she was on the phone! That alone is worth a couple hundred dollars fine and points on the license eventually

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2024 7:07 PM

Because she's a white woman driving an expensive SUV, R62. Before he knew she was the DA, the officer knew that much.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2024 7:09 PM

Love how, in the interview, she mentioned she takes chemo drugs. Ploy for sympathy.

I also love when, asked how she would handle a case like hers, she says she would want to look at the totality of the situation. !!! Because, she says, she was having a bad day.

How often does she view a bad day as a mitigating effort when prosecuting criminals? The eleventh of never, unless it’s one of her cronies.

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2024 7:09 PM

Here's the way the PR team will advise her. Issue an apology. Agree to the charges. Accept the traffic violation. She'll act remorseful enough. Then something else will attract the public attention and it will all be forgotten. Nothing will happen to her. She will not resign. She will not be removed from office. She will at the very least be given a second chance.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2024 7:17 PM

[QUOTE]Love how, in the interview, she mentioned she takes chemo drugs. Ploy for sympathy

I think she's truly afraid of being fired if she's pulling out the big "C." She'd lose her health coverage. It's downright manipulative. She probably knows her office isn't sympathetic to her after that awful letter.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2024 7:26 PM

Was this DA having a bad day when she fired off the company wide email, using insulting language to describe job performance deficiencies (of some)?

Resign, ho.

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2024 9:50 PM

"I'm not a DA, I am THE DA".

-Flashes her badge

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2024 9:51 PM

If she had pulled over, when instructed and said, "Hello officer, I am Sandra Doorley, the Rochester, NY DA, how can I help you"? The cop would have let her go, apologizing for inconveniencing her day and we would not be discussing her antics.

But she is a magat, and by default, magats will not do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2024 9:57 PM

All the comments on Fox News stories keep mentioning she was previously a Democrat. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2024 10:06 PM

She does not have the professional temperament to be in that position. If they want to avoid the appearance of a double standard and white privilege they had BETTER fire her ass, because we all know what would happen if she were Black.

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2024 10:53 PM

“Chemo drugs” may mean things like Methotrexate. It’s a chemotherapeutic agent, but also prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, Crohn’s Disease.

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2024 11:21 PM

What a stupid bitch. It was the perfect opportunity to show that she wouldn't stand for any sort of corruption that way. She should have either said nothing or actually encouraged him to write the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2024 11:39 PM

Fire her ass and strip her of her benefits!

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2024 11:41 PM

Hang down your head, Sandra Doorley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote] I also love when, asked how she would handle a case like hers, she says she would want to look at the totality of the situation. !!! Because, she says, she was having a bad day.

I used to be a judge’s clerk on traffic infractions and ‘having a bad day’ would not cut it. Either does having diarrhea or going with the flow of traffic.

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2024 1:12 AM

Sandra Doorley of Rochester, New York is a BOOZEBAG!

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2024 1:19 AM

R77

I always imagine that if I get pulled over for speeding a tiny bit (say, 70 in a 65), I would tell the cop that I was on cruise control at 70, just in case they tried to argue that I was going way above 65. Does that work?

by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2024 1:22 AM

I doubt you’d get pulled over by a trooper for going 5 miles over the limit. That’s rare. You’ve also stated that your cruise control was set above the speed limit. So no, it would not work. Attorneys who deal solely in infractions could probably get you off for a flat fee ranging from $150-350.

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2024 1:35 AM

Nothing will happen. Good Lord, look at the shit Dump gets away with. This kind of thing (privilege/double standard) is going to become the norm, like it was 75 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2024 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!