Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four LE Officers shot dead in N. Carolina while attempting to serve a warrant

I searched for this six ways to Sunday, so don't shoot me, too. Likely a domestic violence scenario, but Feds were also involved — [QUOTE]Four officers were killed in a shooting while attempting to serve a warrant at a home in Charlotte, North Carolina, including one deputy US marshal and two local task force officers, authorities say.

[QUOTE]A total of eight law enforcement officers were shot during the incident, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Johnny Jennings said at a Monday evening news conference. He described the shooting as “the most tragic one” he had been involved with in his 32-year-long law enforcement career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2024 1:04 PM

May have spoken too soon, but the guy could still be involved in DV.

[QUOTE]The shooting unfolded in the 5000 block of Galway Drive as members of the US Marshals Fugitive Task Force were serving a warrant for possession of firearm by a convicted felon, Jennings said.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 6:07 AM

Odd that the Feds were involved in this seeing as the warrant was only for a felon in possession of a firearm. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 6:14 AM

Yes. I'm a little freaked out in a "good" way, r2, in that it will involve more investigations up the ladder.

Might this be the first mass killing of LE after a Dallas? With military grade equipment from an an adjudicated felon?

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2024 6:28 AM

You can pick off that many people with one high powered rifle? I was thinking assault weapon.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2024 6:39 AM

If only the police had guns -- oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2024 6:39 AM

It scares me to think there are MAGAt supporters advocating for this:

[QUOTE]A total of eight law enforcement officers were shot during the incident, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Johnny Jennings said

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2024 6:49 AM

I saw this on another site, but nobody has any details. They won’t even release the name of the killer.

Reminds me of that dude who blew up his suburban house in Virginia a couple of years ago when someone tried to serve him with a warrant.

We never DID find out why or what the warrant was for. Sounds to me like a lot of these maggot militia types are getting rounded up and they’d rather kill everyone around them than get tossed in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 7:13 AM

R6, tf are you talking about??

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 7:36 AM

Their inherent desire for lawlessness, Steve Bannon style.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 8:10 AM

[quote] Reminds me of that dude who blew up his suburban house in Virginia a couple of years ago when someone tried to serve him with a warrant. We never DID find out why or what the warrant was for. Sounds to me like a lot of these maggot militia types are getting rounded up

Since you missed it if he was a militia type it was Viet Cong:

A Virginia man with a history of rambling social media posts and "frivolous" lawsuits has been linked to the Arlington house that exploded Monday night after police arrived to investigate claims that someone inside was shooting flares into the neighborhood.

Public records show James Yoo, 56, lived in a duplex house on the block shown exploding in eyewitness video.

Police said they were aware of his "concerning social media posts" at the briefing. The posts refer to his ex-wife as a "witch," and anti-U.S. slogans including "#F---AMERICA" and quotes from 𝑵𝒐𝒂𝒎 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒔𝒌𝒚.

The profile description claims he is a "Former Head of Information and Physical Security for international telecommunication company."

"I gave THEM / Y'ALL every opportunity to 'do the right thing' and all I see is America's hypocrisy, corruption, fraud, conspiracy…" the bio continues.

And as for this new incident I'll guess somebody got disrespected. We'll see one way or the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 8:32 AM

Yep.. Didn't think he would be a 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒂 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒆.

Hughes was not the only shooter, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Johnny Jennings said in a news conference. “When they approached Hughes,” officers “were met by gunfire and returned the gunfire, striking” Hughes, who was found deceased in a yard, Jennings said.

Officers then received “additional gunfire from inside of the residence,” he said. It was not immediately clear whose bullets struck which officers. Police have not identified the other shooter, although two other people are in custody. Police confirmed they believe two people opened fire; Hughes opened fire first, Jennings said.

Three of the deceased officers have been named; they are North Carolina Department of Adult Correction veterans, Sam Poloche and Alden Elliott and CMPD Officer Joshua Eyer.

Police Say the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force Was Attempting to Serve Active Felony Warrants at a Home When Terry Clark Hughes Opened Fire First

In total, police wrote, “eight officers were struck during the gunfire. The officers were rushed to area hospitals.”

Hughes was being sought for multiple felony counts, including a weapons offense, police wrote.

“Mr. Hughes was wanted for Possession of a Firearm by Felon and Felony Flee to Elude (2 counts) out of Lincoln County, North Carolina,” the release says.

Hughes’ Corrections record in North Carolina says he served 2 years and 3 months for possession of a firearm by a felon as well as speeding, eluding arrest, dating to 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2024 9:11 AM

I saw this on the news. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2024 9:20 AM

More training is obviously needed for LE. This is an unsatisfactory outcome

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2024 12:01 PM

Thanks, r11. I guess they decided to finally release the details.

What a fucking dirtbag

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 6:05 PM

Horrible situation. I hope the wounded LEO recover fully.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote] I guess they decided to finally release the details.

The details really weren't difficult to foresee

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2024 7:24 PM

How so, r18? You shouldn't hide yourself behind such a gift of clairvoyance.

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2024 8:36 PM

Is this^ irony?

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2024 10:11 PM

I've been away from home and much of humanity for a while today. Not very much has come of this or is there a more active thread? It almost sounds like end of times to my little, delicate soul/thingy, whatever.

No information yet, at all? FOUR?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 1:02 AM

Amazed this story hasn't gotten any traction.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2024 6:52 AM

You know why it hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2024 6:58 AM

Tell us more... Because I can't find jack shit about this story that says anything meaningful. Maybe I'm too overtired and couldn't and you could help.

When the four cops were shot in downtown Dallas, you couldn't escape the news back then.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 7:08 AM

[quote] Amazed this story hasn't gotten any traction.

Is a puzzlement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 7:19 AM

I don't know anything about how such things work, but it seems like it was excessive to send so many law enforcement to a home just to serve a warrant. So they must have known they would face resistance, or that there was risk involved above and beyond ordinary risk. So if that is in fact true, that they expected resistance, why didn't they deploy their forces more effectively. Once they knew they were under fire they should have withdrew, regrouped and re deployed differently. Something is wrong with this entire exercise. I know. Hindsight is always 20/20. I guess the shooter had them pinned down almost immediately? From the brief video I saw they couldn't move, they were like sitting ducks.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2024 12:07 PM

[Quote] How so, [R18]? You shouldn't hide yourself behind such a gift of clairvoyance.

You see, Defacto thinks sll violent crime is committed by black people. Even though most mass shooters are white.

That’s why Defacto posted this story, and why he posts most of the crime/violence stories here. He hates black people and liberals and wants us all to hate them too. So he cherry-picks.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2024 12:18 PM

They’ve walked back the 2nd shooter; only one. At least 12 officers opened fire.. Guy was wanted for “possession of a firearm by an ex-felon and fleeing to elude” and had a criminal record for apparently non-violent crimes. Several armored vehicles were at the scene including one used to break down the door.

This was a clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote]they should have withdrew

Oh Dear!!

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote] I don't know anything about how such things work, but it seems like it was excessive to send so many law enforcement to a home just to serve a warrant.

Typical brain dead liberal sticking up for the criminal. Fuck the victims.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2024 1:02 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if they thought there was a second shader because one of the officers shot the others in some sort of friendly fire but I'm sure that'll be covered up if true.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2024 1:02 PM

R28 or maybe because we've seen similar scenarios where the violence could have easily been avoided if the cops acted more strategically rather than just busting him with guns of ablazing. They left serving leaves no not warrants and I think they get off on charging in when it's totally unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2024 1:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!