Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Times of our Gays: Z-lister snags engineer on Grindr and ties the knot in high fashion, marijuana-themed wedding

"Make no mistake: This was a fashion wedding. For the ceremony, the grooms wore tailor-made suits by Loewe. Their satin lapels were customized with handmade brooches. Mr. Katz wore a marijuana leaf and Mr. Jacobson wore an anthurium, inspired by Loewe’s spring-summer 2023 collection. The anthurium broke when Mr. Jacobson hugged Mr. Katz too tightly at the end of the ceremony.

The couple later changed into botanical button-down shirts, also by Loewe, printed with artwork from Erwan Frotin.

“I wanted l-e-w-k-s, lewks,” Mr. Katz said."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2024 8:34 PM

non-paywalled version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2024 1:15 PM

Yikes

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2024 1:17 PM

🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2024 1:19 PM

FINALLY, a gay wedding that I want to be at.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2024 1:20 PM

Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2024 1:37 PM

Fucking hell, they tick all the boxes, don't they?

Ugly

Screaming ninnies inspired by RuPaul's Drag Race

Infatuated by Real Housewives of Whereverthefuck

Brand name fetishists

Costume changes

Weed-smoking motif

Reference to Olsen Twins

Cloying pet names (or rather one shared pet name)

Picnic hamper proposal in the Hamptons

At least one sees himself as some sort of planet in the universe of a tiresome NYC club scene

Name droppers

Immense self-absorption

Horrific taste

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2024 1:43 PM

Reading R6's post sucked all the life out of me.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2024 1:48 PM

They've made me feel badly for not having a lexicon

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2024 3:29 PM

Yes. Exactly, R8. What have I been doing wrong? All these years and still no lexicon to call my own? Is anything sadder than that?

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2024 11:40 PM

Two more available men off the market. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2024 12:23 AM

This is so so..... something, I don't know what to make of it, I feel like I should be embarrassed for them, for the lack of taste.

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2024 2:06 AM

My goodness but they appear to be emotionally arrested.

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2024 2:37 AM

My god you all can be so bitter and nasty, tearing down younger gay men. It’s NICE that these two found each other, despite their differences (an engineer and a pop culture satirist?) It is NICE that the lovely and classy Mandy Moore showed up and performed for free. Everyone appears to have had a lot of fun. The theme is not one I would choose, but is fitting and light hearted given his background. This is a wedding I would love to have attended, most are dreadful. I wish them every happiness going forward.

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2024 3:01 AM

I'm firmly with R13. I think they are a lovely couple, and it looked like a great, fun wedding. Its a nice heartwarming story (maybe with limited appeal for basement dwelling shutins)

Funnily enough as soon as I saw the lead pic I knew which one was the engineer, as one myself I got an intuition for these sort of things. Pity my gaydar's such a piece of shit but thems the breaks

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2024 8:28 AM

Katz has a Groban smile.

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2024 11:32 AM

Which dog-chasing gay lawyer from the other thread made the guest list? ONE of them had to be there.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2024 11:33 AM

Motel Kamzoil marries Billy Idol.

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2024 11:46 AM

Agree with r13 et. al.. They're not toxic and are having the imperfect real-time of their lives, which never compares to the picture-perfect nostalgia we older queens may be holding onto a little too tightly. Katz works damned hard under all this veneer, and has developed the trust and admiration of many.

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2024 11:47 AM

Oh no not the sacred wedding. They are fucking lame and boring. This sounds like a fun party at least.

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2024 11:49 AM

I found the wedding planners, their video was a rehearsal for the reception. The reception was my kind of reception!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 29, 2024 12:07 PM

NOKD

by Anonymousreply 21April 29, 2024 12:07 PM

Every wedding reception should feature bowls of joints.

by Anonymousreply 22April 29, 2024 12:33 PM

When Katz's family returned home they found his mother with her head in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 23April 29, 2024 12:41 PM

Nice of Loewe to gift them all that.

The Google engineer seems sweet.

The other one….

Good luck to them!

by Anonymousreply 24April 29, 2024 12:52 PM

Why aren't the good looking gays getting married? Why is it always the ugmos?

by Anonymousreply 25April 29, 2024 12:57 PM

Oh please. What can you do besides mock this? Mocking it doesn’t mean I wish then to be anything but happy, and they are certainly free to fashion their “special day” as they see fit. If they insist on having their wedding written up in the New York Times, we aren’t going to pretend it isn’t all a silly cliche. They’re celebrating how special they are by conforming to every imaginable cliche.

by Anonymousreply 26April 29, 2024 1:16 PM

There's a difference between mocking people and shitting on people. I'm not sure you have that level of discernment, r26.

by Anonymousreply 27April 29, 2024 1:18 PM

R27. Please list the passages in my post where I’m “shitting” on them. I’m not sure you have that level of literacy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 29, 2024 1:22 PM

Aw. I knew Evan from a long time ago and he's a great, hard working guy who's carved a career out of the pop culture he loves. Not an easy thing to do. These couplings of opposite types with similar tastes make for the longest relationships, I've found. I, too, would've had fun at this event. Mazel Tov to them.

by Anonymousreply 29April 29, 2024 1:37 PM

"They’re celebrating how special they are by conforming to every imaginable cliche." = Shitting

"Oh look, another riff on Mrs. Madrigal. Groundbreaking!"= Mocking

by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2024 1:50 PM

I find gays to be very unsupportive of other gays. I think it makes us feel inadequate when we see other gays happy and doing well. I've had friends try new businesses and projects aimed mostly at gays and they're never supportive. Numerous times ive seen the family's of gays comment positively on other gays, only for their gay family member to bitch. It has to be something in us that makes us feel that we are meant to be achieving these things but feel we are failing.

by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2024 2:04 PM

It's called envy, R31. Many of the shitters lead unhappy lives and only feel better about themselves when they mock. That way, they can be assured of positive responses from other posters who lead miserable lives themselves. That is the only affirmation they will receive all day. I expect a wave of posts ridiculing mine, but they will be from those same people.

by Anonymousreply 32April 29, 2024 2:11 PM

There's a lot of people here who watched many of their friends die as part of their young gay experience, and l/or experienced other consequences of being gay in a less progressive world. Seeing today's young gay people being happy can be extremely difficult for them, and causes a full spectrum of acting out.

by Anonymousreply 33April 29, 2024 2:13 PM

Spot on R33. I was just about to post something similar but you've said it much better than I could.

by Anonymousreply 34April 29, 2024 2:16 PM

It's possible to be happy for people and still mock their pretensions, just as we would hetero couples. Most NY Times wedding articles are overwhelmingly eye rolling.

by Anonymousreply 35April 29, 2024 2:49 PM

Congratulations, boys, you're both proof that the gays can be just as trashy & clueless as the straights.

by Anonymousreply 36April 29, 2024 2:56 PM

R13 Thanks for letting know what a disgusting straight cunt you are, you should die a thousand times, we do not need your finger wagging, go fucking eat some dog shit. It smells better than your oily cunt. I will bury the straight CUNTS on DL.

by Anonymousreply 37April 29, 2024 3:02 PM

The Engineer looks so normal. Although not handsome, he's pleasant looking with an obvious IQ. How the hell did he end up with this toll like person?

by Anonymousreply 38April 29, 2024 3:06 PM

R30. As I thought, your comment stemmed from a literacy problem on your part. One of the items you listed was not in my post. I specifically asked to list items in my post. You see, people should not be held accountable for what others say. I have no control of what others say.

by Anonymousreply 39April 29, 2024 3:07 PM

I certainly don’t resent their happiness. (Of course, trumpeting your happiness in the New York Times doesn’t guarantee you are actually happy).

I admire the contributions of many, many gay people and the way that they live their lives. I just find their wedding, like almost weddings and especially weddings that deviate from tradition, funny to mock in its cliches. Wedding ceremonies are silly and egotistical

by Anonymousreply 40April 29, 2024 3:12 PM

R39: but here you are.

by Anonymousreply 41April 29, 2024 3:24 PM

????!

by Anonymousreply 42April 29, 2024 3:27 PM

Thread..now…limping..dead, soon….

by Anonymousreply 43April 29, 2024 3:49 PM

The engineer: What would happen if Truman Capote & Perry Smith had a baby, in prison.

by Anonymousreply 44April 29, 2024 3:57 PM

[quote]One is from the day in late 2018 that they made their relationship official — at dinner, after seeing “A Star is Born.”

I am...Mrs. BILLY JACCOBSON!

by Anonymousreply 45April 29, 2024 4:03 PM

I saw ERK do the Q&A at a screening for some movie (I can't even remember what it was now) last fall during awards season in NYC and he did an awful job -- just rambling and spaced out. I guess he was stoned. I find his social media posts really bland but I guess that's what makes them go viral. He just posts images from things and they get reshared and that snowballed into a thing people could participate in without a lot of effort. How he managed to make that a career I have no idea but if the grift works great for him!

by Anonymousreply 46April 29, 2024 4:08 PM

I do not like lives or their weddings styled via a brand book.

by Anonymousreply 47April 29, 2024 4:11 PM

Here's the deal, anyone can get a write up in the NYT these days. It's not special or reserved for only certain people any longer, which takes the fun out of it. Plus weddings are look at me circuses now. No grace, no style.

by Anonymousreply 48April 29, 2024 4:13 PM

They both look like created by Bots Of New York. There's indeed a lid for every pot. Good luck, I guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2024 4:23 PM

Classy!

by Anonymousreply 50April 29, 2024 4:35 PM

I wish you every happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote] the family's of gays

Oh, dear, R31. Were you out sick the day your class was taught how and how not to use apostrophes? The word you're searching for is "families."

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2024 4:42 PM

Family’s

by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2024 4:50 PM

He may find that word, r52, but you'll never find that stick up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2024 4:50 PM

R54, knowledge of basic grammar and punctuation doesn't make one a tightass--just educated. Sorry that's too hard for you to grasp.

by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2024 5:04 PM

If you were more intelligent, you would get that education and grace are distinct.

by Anonymousreply 56April 29, 2024 6:25 PM

[quote] you would get

Oh, would I "get" that, R56? Thanks for proving my point about general stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 57April 29, 2024 6:38 PM

I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 58April 29, 2024 6:49 PM

I'm sure you think so, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59April 29, 2024 6:50 PM

WEED at a WEDDING is WONDERFUL.

WEED anywhere is wonderful.

As a wise DATALOUNGER once said, "just smoke copious amounts of pot..."

by Anonymousreply 60April 29, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote]There's a lot of people here who watched many of their friends die as part of their young gay experience, and l/or experienced other consequences of being gay in a less progressive world. Seeing today's young gay people being happy can be extremely difficult for them, and causes a full spectrum of acting out.

Spare me the armchair psychology, armoured, no less, in a shroud of pity. I'm of that generation and don't find a significant number of them the walking wounded, let alone the walking bitter.

I have friends younger than the couple in question. And from before I was their age, I had friends much older than I am now. Being around people of different background and age and perspective is hardly embittering, nor does it make me pine for things lost, neither friends nor my own youth.

Whether 61 or 16, I expect/ed more of people than a SpongeBob style vomiting up of cheesy pop culture references and giggling about Real Housewives edition 131 and a weed hotbox tent as if it were the last word in wildly wicked and fun, fun, fun!!! They're >30, not forever 15 like Beavis & Butt-head, they couldn't have found something, anything to make a fun and meaningful relaxed day for themselves and friends other than endless references to geese, weed, grifting wedding freebies, and a Drag Race to the bottom theme of the substance of everything is without substance, just a smirk and a snigger of recognition.

If the newlyweds are happy, I'm delighted for them, but the presentation of their wedding by the Times doesn't strike me as fun so much as that classic Times' taste for painting the horror of the subjects of their wedding profiles. If the Times can have a laugh and a smirk at these two between their gushing lines if text, why can't others?

by Anonymousreply 61April 29, 2024 10:29 PM

R37 if you’re working with your therapist on your anger issues (and I do hope that you are) you might want to ask them for a new insult - “CUNT” is beyond tired, even for a cretin such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 62April 29, 2024 10:44 PM

[quote]“I’m a vibrational person,” said Mr. Katz, who had never had a boyfriend until Mr. Jacobson.

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 63April 29, 2024 10:52 PM

[quote]WEED at a WEDDING is WONDERFUL.

But then, everyone will eat more and it will be much more expensive......unless, it's a lesbian wedding, then you can have a potluck.

by Anonymousreply 64April 29, 2024 11:02 PM

[quote]everyone will eat more and it will be much more expensive

Didn't you see all those free candy bars?

I used to think being an "influencer" was stupid but I can see the appeal of free stuff.

by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2024 11:05 PM

Why are males so obsessed with weed? I never see women so obsessed with marijuana. There are a few female potheads but men far outnumber them. Why?

by Anonymousreply 66April 29, 2024 11:20 PM

Nobody and I mean NOBODY is gonna take away my GOD given DL supporting CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to mock and put down gays who appear to be in loving happy relationships or doing well financially. You're the same people who want to take away my guns.

by Anonymousreply 67April 29, 2024 11:39 PM

R66, it makes me horny as hell and the sex is usually pretty good. Maybe other guys have other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2024 11:48 PM

What does that mean? A "vibrational person?"

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2024 11:55 PM

What an adorable anecdote for the NYTimes - drug dealing while a student at NYU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 30, 2024 12:03 AM

[quote]What an adorable anecdote for the NYTimes - drug dealing while a student at NYU!

How does that differ from any other NYU student?

by Anonymousreply 71April 30, 2024 12:38 AM

If you put yourself in the NY Times wedding section then you are openly inviting criticism from the rest of the world. Especially if, like they do, you name-drop about things the (multiple) wedding outfits, those silly brooches, and the fucking candles. 🙄 These guys are obviously impressed with all those things, so they have to expect the eye rolls when the rest of us aren’t and find it exceptionally pretentious. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 72April 30, 2024 1:10 AM

They probably needed a cash SNACK bar to deal with everyone's munchies.

by Anonymousreply 73April 30, 2024 1:14 AM

So, do you pay to get that wedding coverage or what? I don't pay attention to the wedding stuff in the NYT.

As for the wedding, it's so not for me. And they seem exhausting and boring at the same time. Pot as a personality trait is ZZZ.

by Anonymousreply 74April 30, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote]What does that mean? A "vibrational person?"

He vibrates when he's happy.

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2024 8:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!