Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Late Boomers botn 1960-1965

Why are these men so fucking homophobic. Their teenage years were Studio 65 and disco and in their twenties they followed the Beastmaster Marc Singer. So I don't get why they still have that mental baggage of the Steve Dahl shitheads of the world. THEY KNOW BETTER. So why do they persist in being enablers of the right on this issue?

by Anonymousreply 121May 1, 2024 3:12 PM

Studio 65?

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2024 3:12 AM

Studio 64 and born in 1960-1965.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2024 3:13 AM

Stufio 54. I'm sure I typed it right.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2024 3:14 AM

Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2024 3:22 AM

OP- The baby boom generation is 1946 to 1964.

1965 is the beginning of generation X they're considered baby busters.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2024 3:25 AM

Okay 186-1964!

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2024 3:28 AM

1960-1964!

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2024 3:28 AM

And I got an "A" in typing class too!

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2024 3:29 AM

Are you typing with one hand, OP?

by Anonymousreply 9April 28, 2024 3:29 AM

Op Well, we have little time for tranny shit, but otherwise we are fine.

by Anonymousreply 10April 28, 2024 3:31 AM

Poor OP, can't type well to save his life.

by Anonymousreply 11April 28, 2024 3:32 AM

R10 stinks of Ayn Rand nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 12April 28, 2024 3:33 AM

OP shut the fuck up you fat drunk. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 13April 28, 2024 3:33 AM

Most men over the age of 45-50 were raised with little gay visibility and tons of stigma, AIDS paranoia, and cultural disapproval. Many of them have never got past that.

by Anonymousreply 14April 28, 2024 3:37 AM

OP is drunk as fuck and/or masturbating, because the bitch can't type for shit.

by Anonymousreply 15April 28, 2024 3:39 AM

I was born in that timeframe (1960-1964) and presumed you meant Studio 54, but otherwise don't have a fucking clue as to what you are going on about.

by Anonymousreply 16April 28, 2024 3:41 AM

I never noticed this, but when men born at this time were reaching adult age about the same time gay people were becoming more visible. Earlier, homosexuals were seen by many as perverted creatures who lived in the shadows and who few people ever knew. Maybe there homophobia was fed by the new visibility of gay people combined with the established homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 17April 28, 2024 3:45 AM

Old men straight gay or bi get selective amnesia regarding all the slutty shit they did in their youth. Rule of thumb : the more rabidly homophobic the more cock the old git sucked in the frat house. Hypocrisy comes with aging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 28, 2024 3:53 AM

Boomers through year 1964.

by Anonymousreply 19April 28, 2024 4:05 AM

I was born in 1963. We were the first generation to live openly as gay our whole lives. That’s a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 20April 28, 2024 4:12 AM

My dad was born in 1960 and he's not homophobic. Neither are his friends.

by Anonymousreply 21April 28, 2024 4:38 AM

OP are you typing with your one good tooth?

by Anonymousreply 22April 28, 2024 4:51 AM

I'm a late boomer and never experienced my peers as homophobic after high school. And high school wasn't a rough ride. Maybe some white trash could be. I went to Ivy League colleges and there was very little homophobia from straights and in fact it was already cool for artsy straights to have a sex adventure with a guy. Gay lib had already done a lot of work in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 23April 28, 2024 4:58 AM

Isn’t this called Generation Jones?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 28, 2024 5:05 AM

Generation Jones is some made up bullshit circulated 10 years ago by a cable tv talking head. It’s not any formal demographic/cultural marker like the original idea of baby boomers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 25April 28, 2024 10:30 AM

And here I thought all the general distinctions are made up bullshit as useful as astrological signs, but you tell us it's only the one, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2024 10:45 AM

That generation had to deal with the scourge of AIDS when entering their prime years. I came of age in the early 90s after AIDS had peaked but still have that memory of fear imprinted on my mind. For all the bad it did it did some good as well, making people face certain realities and coming to terms with life in a way they never had to before.

by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2024 10:58 AM

I’m far more concerned that Gen Z are supposedly becoming more homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 28April 28, 2024 11:05 AM

R26 the original demographic concept of baby boomers, and then working back to the Depression generation = still perfectly valid concepts. IMHO, the further forward you go in time the more you get bullshit concepts not necessarily based on solid ideas—hence all of the ridiculous notions attributed to X, Y Z…much internet nonsense “in that space,” as the kids would say.

by Anonymousreply 29April 28, 2024 11:12 AM

I hate gays

I hate maga

I hate libs

I have conservatives

I hate woman

I hate Taylor Swift

I hate Jews or Muslims

I hate POC

I hate Christian’s

Etc etc etc etc etc

We are haters surrounded by hate complaining about people who hate.

by Anonymousreply 30April 28, 2024 11:23 AM

R23, just curious, did you grow up on the East coast? Because in the Midwest of the late 70s (through the 80s), there was a shit ton of homophobia. The guys at my public high school must have used "fag" and "gay" as insults about 20 times a week. I'm a woman and wasn't directly affected by it, but it bothered me.

by Anonymousreply 31April 28, 2024 11:25 AM

We hate typos most of all, R30!

by Anonymousreply 32April 28, 2024 11:25 AM

R31 fag was tossed around school by so many people it really didn’t mean that much to be honest. Looking back it’s like retarded, or douchebag, or even slut for girls …not so powerful as people want to seem to recall

by Anonymousreply 33April 28, 2024 11:28 AM

R32

A well thought out plan just to see who is reading.

You pass I no longer hate you.

by Anonymousreply 34April 28, 2024 11:29 AM

R31 yes of course, I grew up in the leafy suburbs of NY.

by Anonymousreply 35April 28, 2024 11:32 AM

R14 I agree, there was zero gay visibility. What was a homosexual? A deviant, was the answer my mom gave me. When I came out, 1993, I was told men have been run out of town for it. She was petrified for me. AIDS was during my teen years and if u think people acted strangely during covid, Aids was way worse..in that, to say u were gay was to automatically plant in people's minds that u get up to Dirty stuff and are one of those people spreading it. Bullied heavily in school and in the rough neighbourhood I grew up in, I was insufferable. So, yes there's many homophobic people from that era, but about 75% less than there still might have been, without brave gays getting us here. Unfortunately other groups are making us appear annoying nowadays. I think, if AIDs hadn't happened, we were on a good projector to be accepted much earlier.

by Anonymousreply 36April 28, 2024 11:36 AM

I'm reply 36 ... I meant it was insufferable...and projectorie...I was emotionally typing...I know, I need therapy.

by Anonymousreply 37April 28, 2024 11:42 AM

I'd really like to know what prompted this screed.

by Anonymousreply 38April 28, 2024 11:44 AM

Anyone born after 1959 is not a Boomer. They’re add-ons because they fell in between. Not Boomers, not GenX.

by Anonymousreply 39April 28, 2024 11:46 AM

OP is Matt Damon

by Anonymousreply 40April 28, 2024 12:56 PM

Uh, I grew up in an extremely liberal area of California in the seventies and eighties and there was homophobia EVERYWHERE. Also attended an extremely liberal arts school in the late eighties and nineties in NYC and there was also virulent homophobia everywhere. It’s really nice for some of you that you didn’t experience homophobia growing up, but that is NOT how it happened for the VAST majority of Gen X gay men. It was not safe or comfortable in any way to come out anywhere in the country in the seventies, eighties, and most of the nineties. Your singular experience because you were most likely able to code switch and hide your sexuality was not how it happened for most gay men.

by Anonymousreply 41April 28, 2024 1:00 PM

How did a thread about "Late Boomers" morph into a thread about older gay men?

I have been out and proud since 1972, when I was a freshman in high school. Yes, I had a hard time, but I joined NOW and marched for women's rights and later, gay rights. And my career(s) suffered for my being out. Not so much when I worked for the state government in my 20s, but later, after I spent years in college and tried to find a college teaching position, the gay-but-not-out professors (and there are a shitload of them in the social sciences) were terrified I would out them and they and the administration(s) refused to keep me at any school (in FL) past a couple of years. And I'm a political scientist! Civil rights is part of the curriculum! My students loved me, always, but I was never offered a tenure-track position. I had to go back to work for the state government later in life to get the tiny pension that keeps my head (barely) above water in my old age.

That's why I, as a "Late Boomer"/Generation Jones-er, seethe over those in my age cohort (and those born later) who didn't/haven't come out. We were strong then -- we had power!! Look at Larry Craig during AIDS!But my gay/lesbian "peers" were afraid to come out and I'm the one who suffered for it, because I had the courage to be out my entire life.

There -- I said it.

by Anonymousreply 42April 28, 2024 1:03 PM

“It was not safe or comfortable in any way to come out anywhere in the country in the seventies, eighties, and most of the nineties.”

What a ridiculous exaggeration…pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 43April 28, 2024 1:04 PM

Studio 65? I can picture it now! A nightclub that you have to use your Medicare card to get into! You get an AARP discount on drinks! Two for one Ensure mocktails for Sunday tea dance! Some enterprising entrepreneurial elder gay needs to open this club in Wilton Manors or Palm Springs!

by Anonymousreply 44April 28, 2024 1:05 PM

And when they did come out, they will have treated you as invisible or pretend like they were your friends and supporters the whole time when they weren't R42.

Not such an exaggeration. In 1990 how many companies were there that guarateed gay rights?:" Six? Twelve? That was one major impact of the movie PHiladelphia in 1994. Straights for the first time became afraid of gay lawsuits (which of course was an exaggeration since gays never won any for several more years)

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2024 1:07 PM

“That was one major impact of the movie PHiladelphia in 1994.” 😂

by Anonymousreply 46April 28, 2024 2:24 PM

OP’s just bitchy because we’re the ones with the money and won’t give him any no matter how much she begs.

by Anonymousreply 47April 28, 2024 3:15 PM

Op failed at wealth accumulation. He might as well be a millennial.

by Anonymousreply 48April 28, 2024 3:18 PM

Typical stupid late boomer values at R47 and R48. No wonder they were closeted until about six months ago.

by Anonymousreply 49April 28, 2024 3:21 PM

I was out of the closet before you were born.

by Anonymousreply 50April 28, 2024 3:27 PM

My father was born a little bit before this (1955) and he was extremely accepting, and actually seemed upset that I didn’t come out to him until college - he assumed he had made me feel uncomfortable at some point, which wasn’t the case. His friends (some in your discussed generational cohort) were also very accepting, some were openly gay.

I would argue mainstream xennial culture was a lot more homophobic - think late 90, early 2000s. I was born in 1982, it was really strange to see the cultural shifts, which I mainly associate with what music genres were popular at the time, ha. From gay friendly Lilith Fair and grunge in youth culture to nu-metal and Eminem. Thank god I was in New York for the alt-rock boom….

by Anonymousreply 51April 28, 2024 3:28 PM

Were not.

by Anonymousreply 52April 28, 2024 3:28 PM

Generation Jones was the center on my high school basketball team.

by Anonymousreply 53April 28, 2024 3:29 PM

I had the same experience as r41. I was born in '76 so I'm a younger Xer and growing up in the 80s and early 90s homophobia was rampant in my liberal New England region. Nobody was "officially" out, even guys who were very obviously gay. Lots of "fag" this and "fag" that during my high school years. Even in liberal blue state areas it was a nightmare of homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 54April 28, 2024 3:29 PM

Please, my parents were born in 1930. When I came out to them, they both asked what took so long—what was I even worried about?

by Anonymousreply 55April 28, 2024 3:32 PM

This poor soul was one of the many forgotten victims of the AIDS crisis. It too, lost its life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 28, 2024 4:12 PM

R54 and previous posts are on it. The few of you who some how magically walked through the 70's, 80's and 90's with zero negativity and full support are unicorns.

I actually don't believe most of you. If you had any awareness of what was being talked about in politics, newspapers - the negative blowback from Ellen coming out, the jokes about Rock Hudson and AIDS, the take-down of Ricki Martin and questions of his sexuality, teachers not being hired or being fired for being gay, etc.

Actually - nah - I don't believe any of you who said you never experienced any issues. You sound like you were blissfully unaware of your surroundings and news.

by Anonymousreply 57April 28, 2024 4:26 PM

And my straight friends liked me! They really really did!

Honey your mama was paying 'em $50 a week to be nice to you.

by Anonymousreply 58April 28, 2024 4:29 PM

I was being in 63 and consider myself Gen X, not a boomer. Actually Strauss and Howe start Gen X in 61.

I was a latchkey kid, teenager with MTV and IBM PC, independent and cynical, entrepreneurial. And I don’t have any of the Boomer characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 59April 28, 2024 4:39 PM

^^^ born

by Anonymousreply 60April 28, 2024 4:39 PM

r59, The difference is that your parents were younger. They didn't live through the depression and your father didn't fight in WW2. The Boomer experience came from being raised by a different generation. Also, MTV launched in 1981 when you were 20 and latchkey was not part of the vernacular at the time, or maybe you grew up with the new math.

by Anonymousreply 61April 28, 2024 4:52 PM

What are you talking about, r61? I wasn’t 20 in 1981, I was 17. My father did fight in WWII. Your whole reply makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 62April 28, 2024 4:55 PM

R59 when did you learn to write in English? During a pandemic Zoom class, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 63April 28, 2024 4:58 PM

Also if you think kids growing up in the mid-late 70s weren’t often latchkey kids, r61, you might have been in another country, not the USA.

My mother and father worked. I came home for lunch, and after school, to an empty house. Do you know what a latchkey kid even is?

by Anonymousreply 64April 28, 2024 4:58 PM

There you go, dearheart at r63 — counterattack is probably the best way to hide your own painful imbecility. 👏

by Anonymousreply 65April 28, 2024 4:59 PM

R61 what the hell? I’m the same age as R62. My parents lived through the very depths of the Depression. My father was a veteran of WWII *and* Korea.

by Anonymousreply 66April 28, 2024 5:00 PM

^Oh, my bad, you said "being in 63", I read that as that you're 63 now. Yeah, I know what latchkey is, I'm saying the terminology wasn't used during the 60's and 70's. No one said "I'm a latchkey kid", they said "my mother works".

by Anonymousreply 67April 28, 2024 5:01 PM

At least three obvious writing errors by R65… you’ll get there, some day.

by Anonymousreply 68April 28, 2024 5:02 PM

R67 keep up with your the dump replies. 😵‍💫 Of course not—it was a term developed later to described an earlier state of affairs. That doesn’t change the fact of how he lived. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 69April 28, 2024 5:03 PM

I turned 18 just as GRID hit the headlines. There were never out gay men in the news before that. The lifestyle was never discussed.

It busted the closet door open completely and forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 28, 2024 5:33 PM

My definition of a late boomer: you raced home from school (unaccompanied) and let yourself into the house (unoccupied), so that you didn’t miss an original (not a repeat!) episode of Dark Shadows.

by Anonymousreply 71April 28, 2024 5:33 PM

R70 now wears a caftan and carries a fan, always.

Your summary of those times is borderline ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 72April 28, 2024 5:36 PM

What was happening in society and on TV does not always translate to how a young person is treated - face to face - in his home, social network, and school. I went to college in 1980 and then on to grad school, and I don't remember ANY homophobia to my face. Very liberal Ivy League campuses where Political Correctness was already in place. Every single one of my HS friends who would be gay came out in college as I did as well and there wasn't a peep of backlash in our social group. There was plenty of prejudice and hatred even in NYC in the mid 80s, where I was, about AIDS but it was not addressed to ME. It was addressed to one of my boyfriends who had AIDS and died. Sure. But I got compassion from my professional colleagues about my suffering boyfriend. Not hatred. People with certain education and economic class had got the memo. And no, not all of them, because we still had hateful rich Republicans. They were not in my circuit.

To call people above from the 1960-65 cohort, like myself, LIARS because we didn't have anything like OP is trying to make into a characteristic of the cohort, or like some of you obviously experienced, is small-minded. Regional differences and class differences exist, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 73April 28, 2024 5:43 PM

No one called you liars, as far as I can tell. But you —or similar posters— have been rightfully called out for gross exaggerations about what it was like back then.

by Anonymousreply 74April 28, 2024 5:53 PM

Hating anything different is a constant ego boost - people like feeling better than other people.

by Anonymousreply 75April 28, 2024 6:15 PM

R68 hopes that, by claiming fanciful grammatical errors, her own droolingly moronic lack of simple comprehension will be overlooked.

by Anonymousreply 76April 28, 2024 7:03 PM

R67 actually thinks the term “latchkey kid” existed in the 1970s.

Notice how she foolishly misinterpreted just about every word of my reply, but as most stupid are, is simply too proud to admit her many mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 77April 28, 2024 7:05 PM

R77 you are invalid because of the 37,486 grammatical errors in your reply!!!

by Anonymousreply 78April 28, 2024 7:06 PM

Born in '65 in Chicago, went to a city high school of 4000 during '79-'83. There definitely was homophobia- someone had let loose a balloon in the cafeteria with a paper attached and the legend, "XX is a fag" which was a huge scandal, and my travel husband, whom everyone assumed was gay, vehemently denied it until get got to college. He told me a story about how his father was so worried that he was a sissy boy, that he took him hunting and made him shoot a deer (which he didn't want to do at all). He didn't do a kill shot, and his father made him do it. Suffice it to say his father wasn't happy when he came out, but eventually came around later in life.

Both of my parents were and are liberal, so they had plenty of gay friends-it's strange, I don't remember any lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 79April 28, 2024 7:23 PM

As a gay man born in 1965, I can’t disagree with you but considering the soul crushing amount of intolerance and hatred gays of my generation have experienced, I think we’ve done okay.

by Anonymousreply 80April 28, 2024 7:25 PM

A lot of sad-sack gays from that time…or just losers. That’s on you , not on the rest of us who made it just fine.

by Anonymousreply 81April 28, 2024 7:37 PM

R74 see R57

by Anonymousreply 82April 28, 2024 7:40 PM

R6, is that 186 BC or 186 AC?

by Anonymousreply 83April 28, 2024 7:41 PM

R82 that proves my point, not the opposite. Duh

by Anonymousreply 84April 28, 2024 7:43 PM

[quote]and my travel husband, whom everyone assumed was gay, vehemently denied it

Out of curiosity, what is a 'travel husband', R79?

by Anonymousreply 85April 29, 2024 1:14 AM

R81 was closeted and ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 86April 29, 2024 6:45 AM

R81 is a hateful and self-absorbed Log Cabinette. Jump into a grease fire, cuntress. The only reason you made it through the plague was your severe ugliness…inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 87April 29, 2024 7:57 AM

Gen Z is only NOW just realizing how prevalent homophobia was during the Boomer and Gen X eras and that it even bled into the older millennial era.

by Anonymousreply 88April 29, 2024 8:00 AM

All this so-called “acceptance” and still, Shawn M, Andrew G, Aaron, Bradley, etc are afraid to come out.

by Anonymousreply 89April 29, 2024 8:01 AM

[quote]Gen Z is only NOW just realizing how prevalent homophobia was during the Boomer and Gen X eras and that it even bled into the older millennial era.

They knew it you stupid fucking motherfucker.

You STUPID FUKING MOTHERFUCKER.

by Anonymousreply 90April 29, 2024 8:05 AM

R90 Oh do SHUT THE FUCK UP, whiny little cunt!

by Anonymousreply 91April 29, 2024 9:04 AM

CAPS so fucking hot, and shows how serious they are,

by Anonymousreply 92April 29, 2024 9:43 AM

R86 and R87 in that post he was talking about coming out, not HIV—you sound insane.

by Anonymousreply 93April 29, 2024 10:16 AM

r85, he's a very good friend, but people assume he's my husband when we're together, which he hates, because I book a lot of the hotels, and he's called by my surname.

by Anonymousreply 94April 29, 2024 2:29 PM

R 93, you think I didn’t realize that? That skank is an LCR cunt who thinks it is somehow better than those who paved the way for it to enjoy a comfortable life. You can join it in the grease fire 🔥. I stand by my comments regarding the rancid cunt that is R81.

by Anonymousreply 95April 29, 2024 3:55 PM

Cuckoo^

For Cocoa Puffs💀^^ R95

by Anonymousreply 96April 29, 2024 7:16 PM

WTF happened to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 97April 29, 2024 7:32 PM

^Boot licking Quisling and LCR charter member. Is the mouff on duty after dark, in the park. Is afraid to come out to parents.

by Anonymousreply 98April 29, 2024 8:14 PM

🤡👽^

by Anonymousreply 99April 29, 2024 8:23 PM

GQP 🤪^

by Anonymousreply 100April 29, 2024 8:56 PM

Do you type in complete words, or is everything in your head just another acronym? Asking for a friend…and all of the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 101April 29, 2024 9:07 PM

All of the DL knows the acronym, Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 102April 29, 2024 9:17 PM

So you cannot type complete words…too much for you, eh?

by Anonymousreply 103April 29, 2024 9:20 PM

I can do pit-pumps that sound like real farts! Then I hold my nose and point at an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 104April 29, 2024 9:32 PM

Latee Boooneers botn 1960-1965 sttt Studioo 777

by Anonymousreply 105April 29, 2024 9:34 PM

Studio 867-5309

by Anonymousreply 106April 29, 2024 9:37 PM

DIAGF, R103. Intro to the DL 101.

by Anonymousreply 107April 29, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] [R85], he's a very good friend, but people assume he's my husband when we're together, which he hates, because I book a lot of the hotels, and he's called by my surname.

Not sure if that totally explains what a "travel husband" is.

by Anonymousreply 108April 29, 2024 9:42 PM

R107 AVZCUMWQ…SNAFU….argle garble…

by Anonymousreply 109April 29, 2024 9:51 PM

I too am from this generation.

My high school years (late 70s) had Anita Bryant and her well-publicized crusades. College coincided with the start of the AIDS epidemic. I was hoping to enter a career in public service as a diplomat or intelligence officer (requiring a security clearance and polygraph) and graduated from college/grad school during the middle of the Reagan Administration. I had no positive gay role models through adolescence and undergrad, and saw gay men around me dying in the Eighties. To me, being out in the 1980s meant public criticism, career ostracism, and being shunned by family. I had my first BF when I was 28 and came out to my parents at age 29 - a full decade later than many nowadays.

Many of my chronologic peers (Late Boomers) were similarly socially stunted. We could not be queer until later in life. I am somewhat jealous of the folks now who are free to be out, accepted, and loved as teenagers. I learned to love myself, but it took some time.

by Anonymousreply 110April 29, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote] We could not be queer until later in life.

R110, isn't "queer" more of a Millennial term? I don't remember Boomers (late or otherwise) and Gen Xers really latching on to that term.

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2024 10:02 PM

Enjoy your orientation, moronic R109.

by Anonymousreply 112April 29, 2024 10:06 PM

r108, I travel with him once or twice a year because he gets the magic AA $258 standby ticket to anywhere AA flies. We've gone to Myanmar, Thailand, the south of Spain, and Tahiti/Bora Bora (he loves "exotic" men). People automatically assume he's my husband, that's it. I had to skip this year (he's going to Greece) because of last year's actor/writer's strike and this year's impending strike with the 13 locals (there has been very little work since Jan)- I've depleted my savings.

by Anonymousreply 113April 29, 2024 10:15 PM

R111 don’t tell that to R112–it’s a trigger

by Anonymousreply 114April 29, 2024 10:38 PM

Don’t say a word to R109 about any of it, she’ll be unable to grasp any of meaning(s). She puts the ‘tard in “Trumptard.”

by Anonymousreply 115April 30, 2024 12:22 AM

It probably has to do with the fact that they were in their early-late 20s when gay men were strongly associated with AIDS and other venereal diseases OP.

by Anonymousreply 116May 1, 2024 2:08 PM

R113, please go on. I wanna hear more!

by Anonymousreply 117May 1, 2024 2:19 PM

[quote]because of last year's actor/writer's strike and this year's impending strike with the 13 locals (there has been very little work since Jan)- I've depleted my savings.

are you in the entertainment business?

by Anonymousreply 118May 1, 2024 2:33 PM

Yes 118. Between Covid, last year's strike, and this year's impending strike, a lot of people here in L.A. are struggling, losing their houses, and moving elsewhere. my friends in Atlanta seems to be doing better, as the GA rebate is bigger than CA's.

by Anonymousreply 119May 1, 2024 2:44 PM

r119, do you work in the legitimate theatre?

by Anonymousreply 120May 1, 2024 3:11 PM

No r120, I work in illegitimate film/tv.

by Anonymousreply 121May 1, 2024 3:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!