Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anne Heche’s Son Homer Claims Estate Cannot Pay Its Debts: New Docs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2024 10:17 AM

Wow I didn't even know she had a son. Homer Laffoon. And sexy DL fave Thomas Jane was her ex. Didn't know that either. He's suing her for $150K. Feel for Homer, both for the name and for the fact he's only 22 and having to take this all on.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 8:52 PM

Was Ellen reached for comment?

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote] "Homer Lafoon"

After giving the child a name like that, she should've set him up for life, financially speaking.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 8:58 PM

It sucks that she wasn't able to set him up for life. It looks like she worked constantly.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 9:01 PM

And her other kid was Atlas Tupper. At least she didn't name him Amos...

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 9:22 PM

Maybe Homer Laffoon can sell the rights to her story for a Netflix movie.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 10:32 PM

This is terrible, I feel for a kid just starting out having to deal with such a financial mess.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 11:30 PM

She gave good performances in low-budget productions.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2024 12:03 AM

This is so sad for so many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2024 12:14 AM

[quote]Maybe Homer Laffoon can sell the rights to her story for a Netflix movie.

He should.

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2024 12:47 AM

Cute little weasel

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2024 12:56 AM

*Anne He he

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2024 12:56 AM

He has her eyes

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 1:03 AM

R13 Where does he keep them?

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 5:08 AM

He probably got picked on as a kid over it, but that’s a pretty rad name for a grown man.

Anne was one of the few recent celebrity deaths that I’ve felt quite cut up about. She really was a pretty great actress despite never quite hitting it super “big”. She had a quiet Lee Grant, Sandy Dennis sort of presence. I wasn’t some type of Anne Heche fanatic, but I felt actively anxious during her few ICU days, really holding out hope she’d somehow recover from maybe the most horrific way to meet your maker.

But anyways. Hopefully the family can find an amicable resolution to this kerfuffle, as it seems (financially) like small potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2024 5:26 AM

In a jar by the door.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2024 5:26 AM

Wow. I know Thomas Jane probably isn't super rich, but, after legal fees and time spent, is it really worth it to sue your dead ex-girlfriend's estate for $150.000?

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2024 5:33 AM

I forgot Anne had donated her organs. I hope her family finally can move on from this ongoing tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2024 6:11 AM

He-He!!

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2024 6:23 AM

R18, The family should have sold her organs.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2024 7:03 AM

Why is Jane suing her? Article doesn't say.

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2024 7:20 AM

R21, for an unpaid loan. The article had a link to this obe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2024 7:55 AM

I don't know about the other debts, but I'm pretty sure that the person whose home she ran into and burned to the ground is high on the list - not necessarily that she is suing, but her homeowner's insurance will surely be suing. Even a home in a poor district of LA would be selling for over $1 million now, not to mention destroyed personal belongings, so there goes a big chunk right there.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2024 7:59 AM

Thanks, r22.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2024 8:00 AM

Obe = one

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2024 8:03 AM

On a happier note, Homer still has his dad, step-mom, and the other half-siblings They seem to have a good relationship.

Dad, Coleman (Coley), and his wife run the Lafoon Group, an L.A. based real estate firm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2024 8:20 AM

It's a very Kurt Vonnegut character name

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2024 8:25 AM

R17 Nothing brings the vultures out like someone's death.

An extended family member of mine lost his father recently and, even though he spent more time with his dad than anyone else in his family, they all magically appeared the second he dropped dead. And the sad thing is many of them got more than his son did.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2024 11:01 AM

I was my elderly mother’s sole caretaker for the last two years of her life.

Both of my brothers went MIA, one a year before she died, the other six months before she died.

Yet, they surfaced immediately after her death looking for their share of her estate.

As her Executor, I legally held up the reconciliation of her estate for two years just to spite them.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2024 12:16 PM

Feel bad for her son.

And very shitty for the adult ex to be suing the estate aka the kid for 150k. For an “unpaid loan.” Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2024 12:36 PM

When asked for a comment, Homer said "Doh!"

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2024 3:36 PM

Good luck, litigants. Can't get blood out of a turnip.

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2024 3:48 PM

I really hate to hear stories about the kids of famous if not rich people who are never set up for the rest of their lives by their parents. Work, a career, school, it’s easier to be set up by others.

And as far as suing someone’s estate for $150,000 for a loan that was made by them, that is not something we at DL would ever do.

Sure $150,000 is a significant amount of money but none the less people should channel their inner DL and leave all that money with the dead’s persons estate.

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2024 4:23 PM

I had to handle my father's estate matters at 35 and almost lost my damn mind from all the stress. I can't imagine having to do all of that at 22. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2024 4:27 PM

R33 I doubt she had enough insurance. She was driving, so the property damage claim may first have gone to her car insurance. In CA, here are the minimums:

[quote]minimum liability insurance requirements (per California Insurance Code §11580.1b): $15,000 for injury/death to one person. $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person. $5,000 for damage to property

Even if she had more coverage for property damage, I doubt it went to $2M. And not sure if she personally had any life insurance, or if it would even apply since she was intoxicated at the time. If her estate really doesn't have the funds, I'm not sure there is much that can be done other than for the estate to file bankruptcy? Maybe an estate lawyer can weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2024 4:30 PM

Thanks

But if I had those minimums as my insurance limits I’d never leave the house.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2024 4:35 PM

$150,000 is too big of a loan to just forget about.

The only tacky thing is to seek $18.77 per day in interest.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote] It sucks that she wasn't able to set him up for life. It looks like she worked constantly.

I don't think she had to set him up for life. But she left him with a financial headache. It would have been nice to receive enough for a house down payment or something in that ballpark.

If the ex-BF did, indeed, lend her $150,000, I don't see anything wrong with trying to recoup it. This would be his last chance. If he did lend her that $150K, that was a cool thing of him to do. Now, he's a villain for wanting that loan paid off?

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote]The family should have sold her organs.

They were a little cooked and poisoned from the burning chemicals she inhaled for the 45 minutes she was trapped in the car.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2024 10:12 PM

Wow, Jane is even charging this poor kid $19 a day in growing interest. What a lowlife.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2024 11:06 PM

R40 a classic POS

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2024 11:43 PM

People are forgetting that unless Jane can show the IRS that he has made a bona fide effort to collect on this personal loan, then he won't be able to write the loss off his income taxes (over time) as a Non-Business Bad Debt.

$150K is a fairly big chunk to lose. I think any business manager would strongly advise him to file the claim, just for that reason alone.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2024 1:14 AM

He will definitely need a paper trail or text trail, at least, regarding this $150K.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2024 2:31 AM

Hopefully most of her assets were in trust for her kids. In California those assets would bypass her estate and go directly to them. That could explain why the estate of a well-known actress who worked steadily for decades would be less than $6 million.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2024 2:44 AM

R44 Reports indicate Heche had no trust and no valid will. The court ruled she died intestate. Her case is being used by estate attorneys to show the need for estate planning. .. Yet as this article points out, based on California law, whatever assets she does end up having -- as an unmarried woman -- they would go to her two children in equal shares, which is apparently what she would have wanted regardless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2024 3:12 AM

I'm confused by this.

You can't squeeze blood from a (dead) stone. If the estate has more debts than assets - so...? The creditors are out. It's not as if the kid would personally owe them anything.

[quote]Wow, Jane is even charging this poor kid $19 a day in growing interest. What a lowlife.

No, he's charging the estate, not the kid. The kid doesn't owe him anything. It's a distinction, but an important one. The kid stands to inherit whatever is left AFTER the debts are settled, no different than if she were still alive and settled the debt, then died.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2024 3:16 AM

get a job

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote] Hopefully most of her assets were in trust for her kids.

Doesn't sound like this is the case.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2024 3:27 AM

I knew a guy, divorced, 4 kids. Died in middle age (40s), alcoholic. Towards the end of his life, his life was in a shambles, in all respects.

His kids got an attorney and each of them court-filed statements waiving any rights to the estate. Why? I'm guessing they didn't want the burden of trying to pay off the creditors.

Homer can and probably would be wise to do that if Ms. He he's liabilities exceed her assets.

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2024 3:29 AM

[quote]Homer can and probably would be wise to do that if Ms. He he's liabilities exceed her assets.

The only reason I can imagine is that she continues to receive large enough residuals to which the estate and heirs would be entitled, so he needs to clear all encumbrances or would end up dealing with the legal issues forever.

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2024 3:35 AM

I think that usually when an estate's debts exceed its assets, it's something like bankruptcy. A judge or mediator will look at the claims of each person who is owed and give them a share of the total assets - so if the claims amount to 10 million and she has 6 million in assets, each claimant would get approximately 60 cents on the dollar for their claims. They would probably need to sign an official document saying that they will make no further claims on the estate after their settlements. I had to do something similar after being involved in an accident a few years ago. I got a piddling settlement, but I still had to agree not to make further claims.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2024 6:02 AM

R46 That's almost 7 grand a year interest.

Any way you spin it, Homer & the other kid (Atlas?) will have 7 grand less to spend after Jane is done with his interest drama.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2024 7:17 AM

R52 I don't see the big deal. That's basically the same as if Jane had his $150,000 in one-year certificate of deposit earning 4.5%. (You can actually find banks paying over 5% now.)

One can also spin it that he would have 7 grand less to give to his own two kids.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2024 9:45 AM

Thomas Jane can ROT. He’s taking food out of the mouths of Anne’s boys. For shame.

by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2024 9:57 AM

Anne may not have given a shit about her kids, and may have left them high and dry while she played addict, so that they will have to go to work, get a job, save, all the things most would rather not do.

So it’s important that the guy who is out $150,000 or the poor people that had their house destroyed should step up and take care of those kids.

Having to find a job and work and save is not what elitist kids should be doing.

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2024 10:45 AM

Can’t Ellen help Anne’s kids out financially?

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2024 10:58 AM

Neither of her sons is destitute or hungry. The minor lives with his father, actor, James Tupper. .. The 22-year old works for John Wells Productions as an Executive Asst. He went to Tulane University (business admin). The photo is from two weeks ago. Seems to be managing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2024 11:36 AM

R56 Do you expect all dumped exes to swoop in 25 years later to pour riches upon the adult offspring of the woman who cheated on, then left them? Or just the angry lesbian ones?

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2024 4:38 PM

A trust fund would not be part of her estate. She would establish it, appoint a third-party trustee and name kids as beneficiaries. It has no connection to her estate planning. It wasn't reported that one exists but it doesn't mean it didn't. I know a few trust fund adults in CA who get money even though parents are alive. It is a way for wealthy, aging parents to reduce assets and tax liability.

Where did all her money go? What about her home?

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2024 5:44 PM

She didn’t have Rockefeller money. She was probably making $500k a movie at her peak, which was what, 25 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2024 6:06 PM

Thomas Jane didn't "sue" her but he had a right to file a claim against the estate for money he was owned.

A shame her kid has to deal with this. If there was ever someone who should have been under a conservatorship, He He was that person.....

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2024 6:17 PM

Her insurance is likely maxed out at policy limits and unless she had a large umbrella policy the estate is their only option at this point to try and collect any money.

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2024 6:47 PM

Did they ever figure out what happened in the accident.

It looks like she just drove into the house straight on.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2024 7:21 PM

R63 I'm curious to know that too. They said the drugs in her system were from the hospital treatment and she was not under the influence at the time of the accident. So, why 2 hit and runs before the big accident that ended up killing her? Why did she act so erratically?

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2024 7:34 PM

OnlyFans!

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2024 7:35 PM

[quote] Where did all her money go? What about her home?

Coke and grass cost money. Traces of both were found in her system, but the M.E. said played no role in the accident.

The probate record refers to the "apartment" she was living in that needed to be inventoried, so it sounds like she was renting. .. Some $36,000 outstanding credit card debt was also identified.

by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2024 7:49 PM

I wonder if she had a neurological issue. She did a video interview thing not too long before she died where her hands wouldn't stop shaking. Not sure if that was drug induced, withdrawal, etc. but it seemed like she had the Twitchies in a way I've seen w/people who suffer from neurological disorders.

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2024 8:13 PM

R58, If the dumped ex is worth many millions of dollars and is currently in the process of revamping her image and could benefit from some positive publicity for a benevolent act, then by all means yes.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2024 8:20 PM

I hope everyone telling people to give up claims and/or shuck out millions to kids they had no involvement in raising dug into their own pockets to help the victim in this mess. The GoFundMe is still up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2024 8:51 PM

Maybe the kids get a payout from a life insurance policy.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2024 9:40 PM

Ellen could help, but she's a huge cunt.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2024 9:54 PM

Ellen might be a cunt but they broke up over 20 years prior to Anne’s death and Anne had publicly humiliated Ellen by cheating on her with homers dad who was the cameraman on the HBO documentary/comedy special Ellen was doing.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2024 10:15 PM

Since all this mess is falling on the shoulders of a young kid, it would be a decent thing for Ellen to do, but…

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2024 10:21 PM

VRRRRROOOOOM

HERE I COOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2024 10:25 PM

Why R73? Homer is 22 years old and it’s not as if he’s going to be personally liable for any of his mother’s debts or claims. You think Ellen should fork out what could be millions to creditors and the people whose property she destroyed. She was an ex girlfriend from over 20 years ago, not a blood relative or a close friend.

I’m sorry her son has to clean up the mess his mother left behind, but he knew what he was getting into when he became the executor of the estate of someone who committed 2 hit and runs and caused a house fire before her demise. He’s lucky he had money to have her cremated and interred.

by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2024 10:51 PM

R75. You’re an asshole.

At 22, his brain isn’t fully developed.

Would you want to be accountable for major financial decisions you made at that age?

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2024 10:55 PM

You’re an idiot r76. He petitioned the court to become the executor of his mother’s estate. He’s a 22 year old man who wanted the job you silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2024 11:00 PM

R75 obviously got royally fucked over somewhere along the way to be such a bitter, unfeeling queen.

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2024 11:00 PM

I think Ellen was actually the injured party in that relationship. Anne was young and attractive and she used Ellen. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2024 11:01 PM

R79, They were/are cunts, so TEAM NOBODY.

by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2024 11:03 PM

R78 obviously gets moist thinking about eating the peanuts out of Anne’s shit.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2024 11:09 PM

R15: Lee Grant and Sandy Dennis? They're nothing alike as actresses or anything like Anne Heche. Heche didn't twitch or treat sentences like injured birds and Lee Grant was a much better actress.

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2024 11:13 PM

R72 Right, and they didn't even extend an invite to Ellen to attend her funeral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 27, 2024 8:01 AM

If I was as rich as Ellen, I wouldn't mind helping the kid of a former boyfriend, even a shitty one as Anne.

by Anonymousreply 84April 28, 2024 2:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 28, 2024 2:32 PM

^An invitation to a funeral is not always necessary.

by Anonymousreply 86April 28, 2024 2:33 PM

I never sent out invites to the funerals I planned. people show they care by showing up. I'm guessing Ellen didn't care and if they came to a bad end, who can blame her.

by Anonymousreply 87April 28, 2024 11:49 PM

Well, R84, that's the difference between you, a normal human being, and Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 88April 28, 2024 11:54 PM

Aww, thanks, r88! That made my day!😘

by Anonymousreply 89April 29, 2024 9:47 AM

R82, her name was Anne He He.

Remember where you are, please.

by Anonymousreply 90May 1, 2024 10:12 AM

A friend who always worked full-time in management positions is now in their 70s, retired and has absolutely no savings. Still owes on their last mortgage. I didn't understand why until we went shopping together one day and they bought things wealthy people might hesitate to buy. Another friend had to take them in, or they would be homeless.

Some people give no thought to their financial position. I doubt Anne set up any kind of trust. If it's true she borrowed 150K from an ex, she wasn't travelling well financially/career-wise.

In Western Australia, if you die without having made a will, half of everything goes to the government.

by Anonymousreply 91May 1, 2024 10:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!