Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Unstoppable Rise Of Jesse Watters, 'Golden Boy'

Watters is the product of a Quaker education. Born in Philadelphia, he attended William Penn Charter School, the oldest Quaker school in the world. The school emphasizes Quaker values — empathy for others and an appreciation for people from diverse racial, socioeconomic and religious backgrounds. Watters’ father and mother, Stephen and Anne, clearly believed in the school’s mission: They served as director of the middle school and director of lower school admissions, respectively.

When Watters was in high school, the family moved to Long Island, New York, where his father got a job as headmaster at The Green Vale School, an exclusive private school that runs through eighth grade, and his mother got a job as director of admissions. The Watters family lived on campus, but Watters was too old for Green Vale, so his parents sent him to nearby Friends Academy, another prestigious Quaker school attended by many Green Vale graduates.

Even before Watters’ first day at the school, there were signs he would follow a different path.

As part of the application process, Watters visited for something of a tryout, one of Watters’ former classmates recalled. “It was a school that a lot of people got rejected from,” said the classmate. “You kind of understood that if you were there for the day, you had to present yourself a certain way.”

But when class began on the day of his tryout, the gregarious Watters suddenly put his head down on his desk, the classmate said. It was a small class and a small room, and he was right in front of the teacher. But he didn’t appear to care, and it didn’t matter either. He got in.

“Obviously as the headmaster of Green Vale’s son, he was never going to be rejected,” said the classmate.

Watters repeated his junior year during his first year at Friends Academy, which Fox News explained was because of his family’s move from Philadelphia to Long Island. Once there, he immediately made his presence felt. He liked to debate the best way to wear the collar of a polo shirt, his friend Michael Shlofmitz said over email. Others said he would joke about his “hippie” parents, and people described him as friendly and charismatic. He played football and lacrosse. Parents generally liked him.

“He was surprisingly popular,” a second former classmate said.

But Watters was far from a star student, and he could occasionally display a shamelessness his peers found jarring. At one of his friend’s parties, Watters was told there was only one rule: Don’t go into Dad’s bedroom. He did anyway, and stuck chewing gum on the wall and left a burned hole in the carpet, according to two people who were there.

When the father found out, he chased Watters out of the house. “I would have killed him if I had caught him, he was so disrespectful,” the father said. (Watters denied the incident ever took place.)

Watters was often dismissive of authority figures, teachers included, multiple classmates said. “He wasn’t very troubled by shame,” the first high school classmate said.

“It was instantly recognizable, the sort of entitlement, the flippancy, the sort of ego-driven smile,” a third high school classmate said.

Watters’ time at Friends Academy was cut short his senior year after he and a friend got in trouble for leaving campus during school hours. But the school did not formally suspend or expel Watters. Instead, it allowed him to spend his final semester interning at a publishing company while still receiving his diploma on time.

Classmates wondered whether Watters’ father’s influence at The Green Vale School, which fed many students into Friends Academy each year, helped him and his friend avoid harsher punishment. “With his father being in that position of power, I don’t know if he ever had to deal with consequence,” the second classmate said.

The situation was part of a familiar pattern for Watters. “He was just one of those people,” said the third classmate, “that just sort of sailed through life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 29, 2024 5:31 PM

Just like Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Tucker Carlson, Fox will pay him a princely sum for a few years and then he will be discarded all spent up and radioactive.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 7:10 PM

That was a very long but interesting article.

He comes from a liberal family of Democrats.

His whole life is a contradiction.

I guess some people are just anomalies.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 7:13 PM

I guess some people are just ASSHOLES.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 7:18 PM

R2 we’ve discussed that one here many times. He was raised in a very liberal household. Not just social liberals but hardcore liberals who were very outspoken and into politics. He, however, ended up becoming a hardcore conservative post college.

I think his first wife he cheated on was a Democrat too while he was Republican.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 7:25 PM

He’s actually an idiot. At least Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Tucker Carlson had an idea of what they were speaking about and did research. This idiot doesn’t have a clue what he is even speaking about and has openly admitted he doesn’t even look over the topics before The Five and just wings it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 7:27 PM

Jesse Watters is the PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT Fox New version of a HIMBO.

There is nothing upstairs, or downstairs from what I hear, but looks like he came right out of central casting to play the roll.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 7:34 PM

Lmao he isn’t hot

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 7:39 PM

Defended child predators

He is scum

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 7:42 PM

Rightwing David Muir

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 7:45 PM

He's cute but there's other guys at Fox News I like more...

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2024 7:49 PM

I'd suck him dry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2024 7:55 PM

I don't give a shit how excellent that blow job of an article was about this fucker.

Bottom line is he works for an organization that has been found liable for distributing "fake news" and has been ordered to pay 3/4 of a billion dollars for doing so. A similar lawsuit is still pending.

Neither Fox or Watters have an ounce of credibility among sane people.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote]“With his father being in that position of power, I don’t know if he ever had to deal with consequence,” the second classmate said.

'nuff said

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2024 8:01 PM

Get your eyes checked. This guy is not hot in the least.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2024 8:16 PM

You do realize that isn't a recent photo, R11. That college boy is 45 now.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2024 8:18 PM

R11, be a tad more discriminating in your tastes, dear. After the stunt he pulled in Chinatown, I'm sure he's nor Friend (or Ally) of Dorothy. Probably has a few choice words for us, when he's amongst his ilk.

The bum cheated on his fist wife with his producer, who became wife number two. If I were she, I'd be on the lookout for other vixens.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2024 8:26 PM

I like his show. Some of his segments are good. I'm fine with an opposing viewpoint.

I watch them all: MSNBC, CNN and FOX. Actually I enjoy a clash of viewpoints.

Anyway, cable news isn't where it's happening. It's YouTube, it's TikTok. These cable news personalities count for little in the scheme of things today.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2024 8:39 PM

Fox News host and Philly native Jesse Watters' liberal mom is his most-frequent critic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2024 8:56 PM

He's an opportunistic, bottom feeding, amoral dirtball scumbag, just like Trump, just like every other employee of Fox, and just like every MAGAt in the world.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2024 9:03 PM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2024 9:07 PM

[QUOTE] but looks like he came right out of central casting to play the roll.

Brioche or Kaiser?

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2024 9:08 PM

[QUOTE]His whole life is a contradiction.

I haven't read the full article, but based on what the OP excerpted it sounds more like his whole life is about being a deliberate, contrarian asshole who gets off on his own shtick despite not being terribly bright. Just like his orange master.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote]I'd be on the lookout for other vixens.

Wise advice for ALL of us in these troubled times.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote]I'm fine with an opposing viewpoint.

Oh brother.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2024 9:55 PM

He's a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2024 9:58 PM

his face is beyond punchable. it's stompable.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2024 9:59 PM

I think he knows he can just barely understand what he's talking about and thus spews second-hand, right-wing nonsense accordingly.

And chuckles all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2024 10:08 PM

R17 Conquering Cognitive Dissonance One News Program At a Time. : - )

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2024 10:18 PM

[quote]his face is beyond punchable. it's stompable.

Where does the line form?

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2024 10:21 PM

Used to be cute, but aging terribly.

by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2024 10:22 PM

Needs to be a dartboard

by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2024 10:32 PM

S-O-C-I-O-P-A-T-H.

I know, let's give him a massive platform, it's what our dipshit viewers crave.

by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2024 10:40 PM

I know people who were raised by hippies on Long Island. Some of them became conservative but none of them went to work for Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2024 10:57 PM

He looks like a Garbage Pail Kid. Jeering Jesse. Or if someone left an old plastic Campbell's Soup Kid promotional mug too close to the hot stuff.

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2024 11:17 PM

He’s the absolute worst

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2024 11:36 PM

He dyes his hair shoe polish black.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2024 11:59 PM

R24 According to Nielsen MRI Fusion (2022) in the advertiser-coveted age range of 25-54:

Of those demo-aged viewers surveyed who identified as Democrats, 39% chose Fox News, 31% chose MSNBC and 30% chose CNN for programming from 8 p.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET. In total-day viewership, Fox News grabbed 42% of Democrats aged 25-54, CNN nabbed 33% and MSNBC got 25%.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2024 12:01 AM

He makes me miss Rush Limbaugh

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2024 12:11 AM

The articles says that he seems to know he's catering to idiots and some of the conservative positions are ridiculous, but since he seemingly loves the attention and money, he really doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2024 12:15 AM

In the article at R18 he says his mother critiquing him is “lighthearted.” One of his mothers quoted texts said:

[quote] You end up presenting a lack of a moral compass honey.

I hate to break it to him but your mother telling you that you appear to lack a moral compass is not exactly what most humans with normal personalities consider lighthearted. It would crush me if my mother said something so damning about my character.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2024 12:19 AM

Arrogant, entitled, and lipless.

I’d like to see his dick, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2024 12:25 AM

He's no different than Candace Owens to me. The only difference is that he's a privileged WASP who will quickly sell out to the ultra-rightwing if the money is right.

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2024 12:25 AM

He started out as an intern to a gasbag and so never learned to be an actual journalist or anything else. When he steps on his dick in some fashion, he'll be out in no time.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2024 12:32 AM

Watters was mocked on The Daily Show last night . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2024 12:46 AM

He has a cocky confidence that kind of turns me on.

I think he would be fun in bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2024 1:36 AM

His face looks all put together crooked.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2024 1:37 AM

Golden Boy? He's into piss play? Figures...

by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2024 1:43 AM

Jesse reminds me of David Schwimmer, who I also despise...

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2024 1:47 AM

Bless your heart, r37.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2024 1:59 AM

He has some underwear shots floating around from his college days. They were on the internets for a while. I looked to find them again but couldn't. He had that banana hammock effect that hung guys get. He was pretty skinny in college.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2024 2:01 AM

He should stick it in a wood chipper.

by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2024 2:03 AM

R49 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2024 2:08 AM

R45: Most likely some kind of pathetic kink as a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2024 2:15 AM

Like if you microwaved Ross from Friends

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2024 3:16 AM

He looks good with a tan..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2024 7:44 AM

Jesse sure loves his white pants.

Here he is with Uday and Qusay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2024 7:51 AM

R56: Was he just happy to meet them?

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2024 1:37 PM

He could pass as Barry WIlliams (Greg Brady) son. They look very much alike.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2024 1:46 PM

R 17 you got it go in on.What are YOU doing on such a dated site like DL

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2024 2:38 PM

He's a slimy grifter like the rest of the right wing pundits. He just spews whatever bullshit his audience wants to hear and doesn't care if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2024 3:35 PM

[quote] He's a slimy grifter like the rest of the right wing pundits. He just spews whatever bullshit his audience wants to hear and doesn't care if it's true.

Tucker Carlson did the same thing.

He was once the Golden Boy of Fox News, and even HE got sacked.

Jesse will do something wrong eventually, and he'll be gone too.

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2024 4:56 PM

It's not a matter of doing something wrong. They do not have their own agenda. They are following the doing the bidding of the Fox viewership. They understand that they have an expiration date and they will ride that gravy train as long as they can. But they will be kicked to the curb once they are in a massive scandals or if Fox is facing significant legal repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2024 8:50 PM

[QUOTE]Jesse Watters declared that Obama should be charged with forgery for faking his birth certificate. His co-hosts erupted in laughter. Does it look like he's joking?

He's NOT pretty enough to get away with this, is he? Are the Mar-a-Lago cougar/prostitution whores going to let him get away with this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 27, 2024 9:44 AM

"Unstoppable rise"?

by Anonymousreply 64April 27, 2024 11:09 AM

He's a joke. He just does not realize it. When I first saw him on there, I literally thought they hired a comedian except not very funny. Then I realized he was trying to be serious. He's become a lot more MAGA and bitter over the last few years so now he just looks like he's floundering. Clown meet Evil Clown.

by Anonymousreply 65April 27, 2024 12:34 PM

R65 Jesse Watters bitter? Where are you getting that? He seems very content with himself.

Floundering? No matter what we may think of them, The Five and Jesse Watters Primetime are the two top rated shows on all of cable.

by Anonymousreply 66April 27, 2024 3:22 PM

"The Five and Jesse Watters Primetime are the two top rated shows on all of cable."

Which just proves H L Mencken was right: "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."

by Anonymousreply 67April 27, 2024 3:27 PM

Oh please, the Five? Really? The minute he's fired, he will be forgotten just like those that came before him. It's the time slot not the man.

by Anonymousreply 68April 29, 2024 8:24 AM

I’d fuck him

by Anonymousreply 69April 29, 2024 11:32 AM

Of course I do not watch FoxNews, but I know who this character is to look at him.

What struck me looking at him is that he has an elongated philtrum, just like Homer Simpson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 29, 2024 11:41 AM

Jesse Twatters

by Anonymousreply 71April 29, 2024 11:41 AM

He sounds stupid

by Anonymousreply 72April 29, 2024 11:55 AM

He is stupid, that's why I refer to him as a Himbo. Just like the Bimbos he works with only the male version but not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 73April 29, 2024 12:06 PM

Leftist hacks pay more attention to FOX news than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 74April 29, 2024 3:30 PM

He needs a caption bubble that states “I’m a dick”.

by Anonymousreply 75April 29, 2024 3:44 PM

His rise at the pro-putin media outlet (Fox News) was always and continues to be inevitable. His sudden and irreversible descent is also inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 76April 29, 2024 4:15 PM

or the fat black lady rubbing all over body deodorant on herself.

by Anonymousreply 77April 29, 2024 4:16 PM

Twatters makes my hole clench.

by Anonymousreply 78April 29, 2024 5:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!