Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actress Lisa Ann Walter: “Just Because You’re In A Movie, Doesn’t Mean You’re Rich”

If you need reminding, Lisa Ann played the beloved housekeeper Chessy in the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap, which starred 12-year-old Lindsay Lohan.

While she has appeared in other movies and TV shows over the years, released a book, and performed standup comedy, it was Abbott Elementary being picked up for a fourth season in February that made the biggest difference to her financial situation.

“Just because you're in a movie, doesn't mean you're rich,” she explained. “I had not been able to afford taking my kids on a vacation outside of taking them to the San Diego Zoo or to go skiing locally. This was the first time I was able to have everybody go on a trip.”

In 2022, Sydney Sweeney caused a furor when she said that she couldn’t afford to take a six-month break from acting if she were to have a baby.

By this point, the star was already a household name, but she revealed exactly where her money goes in an eye-opening interview with the Hollywood Reporter.

She said: “I have to give five percent to my lawyer, 10 percent to my agents, three percent or something like that to my business manager. I have to pay my publicist every month, and that's more than my mortgage.”

More recently, Sydney’s Euphoria costar Nika King joked about being unable to pay her rent after failing to book other acting jobs between seasons.

Pedro Pascal also opened up about his career being saved by a well-timed residual check from Buffy the Vampire Slayer when he was left with just $7 in his bank account and was facing moving out of Hollywood as he struggled to pay rent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 9:23 PM

Boo hoo

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 6:32 PM

Dianne Wiest talked about this same issue a few years ago. Her NY brownstone was becoming too expensive for her to keep up. Despite being a two time Oscar winner.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 6:33 PM

[quote] "I have to give five percent to my lawyer, 10 percent to my agents, three percent or something like that to my business manager. I have to pay my publicist every month, and that's more than my mortgage.”

She has to pay her lawyer, whether she uses them or not?

I thought you only pay lawyers if you retain their services?

And her income varies based on jobs, so that 10% to her agents and 3% to her business manager would go up or down, depending on how much money she makes on a gig, right? Or is it always the same percentage?

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 6:42 PM

Retainer. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 6:42 PM

Fuck Dianne Wiest. Move your ass to NJ, Westchester, Staten Island, Connecticut, Long Island. There are plenty of affordable options in those places and all have public transportation options.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 7:52 PM

I believe this Parent Trap actor was hurting for money but fuck everyone else mentioned. If Sydney Sweeney can't afford to take time off then she needs to start managing her money better. It's not as if she was payed scale for Euphoria. Not interested in Pedro Pascal's dubious sob story.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 8:01 PM

residual check is code for kind well-hung stranger.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 8:56 PM

Well whatever Sydney Sweeney is paying her publicist she should double it. Her publicist has strategised Sydney’s bitching and moaning about how underestimated she is due to her massive tits to spokesmodel campaigns and multiple undeserved awards nominations.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 8:59 PM

Staten Island, R5?

Ok.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!