Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Grace of Monaco

Beauty, elegance, and not being Audrey Hepburn made her an international star.

Her screen career was short but legendary: High Noon, The Country Girl, Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, The Swan, and High Society. Then, at the height of her career she became a literal princess when she married Rainer III, Prince of Monaco.

As Princess of Monaco, she focused on bringing ballet, opera, fashion, and horticulture to the People of Monaco. She was also the first female board member of 20th Century Fox, an author on both poetry and horticulture, and she sought to historically restore Newport, Rhode Island.

However, tragedy struck in 1982 when she suffered a cerebral hemorrhage while driving and drove off a mountain at the age of 52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 4, 2024 6:05 AM

Her last interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 4:16 PM

Did you write that?

"a literal princess" ?šŸ§

"an author on both poetry..." ???

Historic preservation in Newport Rhode Island? Huh? Name one project?

She preserved a family cottage in Newport, County Mayo, Ireland. IRELAND.

For fucks sake. I hope this is shoddy A.I. and not a human.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 4:17 PM

Old NYT article on Princess Grace joining the board of the Fox Corporation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 4:18 PM

I have always loved her speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 4:20 PM

She hit the wall hard.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 4:25 PM

R5 in life or you mean literally when she died?

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 4:34 PM

Sad and lonely drunk.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 4:36 PM

R7 I never heard of her drinking habits. I believe she was a wine lover, but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 4:41 PM

R30. Not Fox Corp. the previous film corp. apples & oranges.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 4:41 PM

Joan Rivers used to talk about Grace's drinking.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2024 4:45 PM

R10 link?

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2024 4:50 PM

brought a horticulture? HAHAHHAHA, I'LL SAY!

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2024 4:55 PM

No link. I just remember her saying that on her talk show.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2024 5:02 PM

She didn't have to be a virgin to marry a prince in the 1950s but Charles had to marry a virgin in the 1980s and therefore wasn't allowed to marry Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2024 5:19 PM

The French do it different, r14.

Plus Camilla didnā€™t reallly want to marry him. She got APB to out a ring on it, and he was miles more fun and sexier than Charles.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2024 5:27 PM

The idea of Gracie making a comeback in Marnie, one of Hitchcockā€™s most horny and Freudian films, always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2024 5:29 PM

She was also going to make a comeback in The Turning Point with Shirley MacLaine an Anne Bancroft.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2024 5:34 PM

Was she actually driving the car when it crashed, or was her daughter Stephanie? Allegedly they were arguing before the accident, driving up in the winding hillside roads above Monte Carlo.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2024 5:36 PM

[quote]Pull over, Stephie. Mummy has a headache. Whoa! FUCK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2024 5:38 PM

Slut!

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2024 5:38 PM

Poor Grace! What a tedious interview with Pierre Salinger. I think I switched it off before the 5 minute mark.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2024 5:44 PM

This interview is a lot more fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2024 5:47 PM

Grace fucked every male co-star she worked with on her films.

The Kelly family in East Falls (Philadelphia) was very interesting. My mom knew all the Kelly girls, Peggy (the drunk), Lizanne (the nice one)& Grace (the shy, standoffish slut). The golden boy Jack Jr loved women (and himself& women definitely loved him back) and hooked up with Harlow (local celebrity club owner& tranny).

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2024 6:14 PM

[quote]Allegedly they were arguing before the accident

Stephanie was always a handful.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2024 6:44 PM

It's funny how her reputation is still as a good girl who is extremely posh despite the drinking and sex.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2024 7:15 PM

She gave good head.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2024 7:19 PM

R26 better than Nancy?

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2024 8:04 PM

Was there ever a more beautiful actress? She was absolutely exquisite. And this was during the days before plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2024 8:09 PM

People were already having nose jobs and breast implants, by then.

by Anonymousreply 29April 24, 2024 8:12 PM

Jack Jr. and Harlow, now that was a scandal. Anyone who saw "The Queen," the amateur 1968 trans beauty contest knows who Harlow is, since she won the contest -- prompting Crystal LaBeija's epic read which still rates chuckles. When Mama Kelly found out Jack Jr. was fucking a drag queen and wanted to marry her, she told him he'd be cut off without a dime. So of course he caved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 24, 2024 8:14 PM

" She's looking matronly" ...Mum said with a smile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 24, 2024 8:33 PM

51 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 24, 2024 8:37 PM

SHE WAS PRINCESS FUCKING GRACE OF MONACO!

by Anonymousreply 33April 24, 2024 8:41 PM

Isn't Monaco smaller than Newark, NJ?

by Anonymousreply 34April 24, 2024 8:44 PM

R22 She looks so freaking German there. Those Irish genes didnā€™t stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 35April 24, 2024 8:50 PM

I'd say she was the most beautiful Hollywood actress of her generation. Even prettier than Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 36April 24, 2024 8:54 PM

She looks so spectacularly bored. She's one of those icy Scorpios until you get her panties down. I wonder if she regretted leaving pictures to marry the frog prince. She was an Oscar winner. Think of all the movies she could have starred in. And her father had to pay Rainier $2M in cash for a dowry.

by Anonymousreply 37April 24, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote] Was there ever a more beautiful actress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 24, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote] Was there ever a more beautiful actress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 24, 2024 9:03 PM

Wow, didn't know anything about her brother. I googled him - he was gorgeous! So was he bi, gay? He could've married any girl but he fell for a trans? Did she still have dick?

by Anonymousreply 40April 24, 2024 9:05 PM

Harlow being crowned at 1:26. I don't know R40. He probably identified as straight but yeah Harlow had a dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 24, 2024 9:32 PM

Jack Jr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 24, 2024 9:36 PM

Le Scandale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 24, 2024 9:38 PM

I preferred Audrey.

by Anonymousreply 44April 24, 2024 9:38 PM

^ Well, sweet Audrey was a slut, too!

by Anonymousreply 45April 24, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote]He probably identified as straight but yeah Harlow had a dick

According to the article Harlow complete gender "confirmation" surgery in 1972, three years before she met Jack Kelly. So maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 46April 24, 2024 9:44 PM

So Grace did anal?

by Anonymousreply 47April 24, 2024 9:45 PM

Funny how we are talking about her dysfunctional family, her heavy drinking, and numerous affairs with married men, BUT

no one has said she was rude, ugly, unfashionable, or trashy.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2024 11:50 PM

Grace Kelly was beautiful, no doubt about it. I loved her in Rear Window and To Catch a Thief. Elegance personified. The face of a Patrician Goddess, Hated only by the wives of the movie stars she slept with:

"As a rising star, Grace passionately pursued her leading men, most of whom were married. Gary Cooper, Clark Gable, Ray Milland, Bing Crosby and William Holden were all on her hit-list.

To fed-up Hollywood wives, Grace was a constant threat. "I have nothing good to say about her," declared one. "She had an affair with my best friend's husband, Ray Milland!"

When asked just how many men Grace had seduced, the woman - widow of top director Henry Hathaway - added: "Everybody. Yes, she wore white gloves but she was no saint!"

In one incident, Crosby is said to have walked in on Grace as she lay naked in bed with Marlon Brando - who, to add insult to injury, had beaten him to an Oscar just hours before. It comes as no surprise that "fisticuffs" ensued.

Grace is also alleged to have had a fling with David Niven while he was married - a rumor that circulated around Hollywood for years.

Before Rainier wed the 26-year-old actress in 1956, he asked Niven which of his lovers had been best in bed. "Grace, of course," he replied, before hastily adding: "Er, Gracie Fields."

Even after she tied the knot, Grace showed no inclination to curb her wild ways, and even bedded her bridesmaid's husband.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2024 12:20 AM

She wore my favorite celebrity-type wedding dress. I do think that Kate Middleton based her dress on Grace's. Grace's had a more modest neckline and was just a more beautiful dress, IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2024 12:39 AM

Kate Middleton's wedding dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2024 12:40 AM

She was a common strumpet! I could view her large upwardly exposed buttocks all the way across the water from my mountaintop palace!!

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2024 12:54 AM

Alcoholic, ignored by her philandering husband, seeking solace in the company of other men, trapped in a situation she could not leave. Not a happy woman despite appearances.

by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2024 12:58 AM

R49 thinks Bing Crosby challenged Marlon Brando to fistfight over Graceā€™s pussy šŸ‘»šŸ˜‚

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2024 1:10 AM

Puffy booze syndrome

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2024 1:14 AM

R54 That was taken from "True Grace: The Life and Times of an American Princess by Wendy Leigh" I only wrote the first two lines. But yeah, doesn't seem likely.

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2024 1:19 AM

Marlon was too busy sucking dick, let's be honest

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2024 1:20 AM

She was the Meghan Markle of her day.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2024 1:21 AM

[quote]Isn't Monaco smaller than Newark, NJ?

Monaco is 3/5ths the size of Central Park. It's only around 500 acres. About the size of the Disneyland Resort.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2024 1:23 AM

[quote]Marlon was too busy sucking dick, let's be honest

I think he only dabbled in the man-sex, mainly in his youth.

He was strictly hetero, otherwise. So many children!

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2024 1:38 AM

Emancipation of women has made them lose their mystery.

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2024 1:38 AM

In her prime, she was truly the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2024 1:40 AM

She was a cock hungry slut

by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2024 1:52 AM

I think that Grace was one of those women who was so slim and beautiful since she was a child let menopause and food and alcohol catch her off guard. She didnā€™t have to slave away on her figure or try different ā€œlooksā€ as a young actress % she was gorgeous. Then as she aged she wasnā€™t,ā€™t paying attention as her metabolism slowed to a crawl. Suddenly she was fat and tired - menopause hit like a Mack truck. She looks like she might also have thyroid problems.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2024 1:52 AM

Now Grace knows that she shouldn't have worn a white wedding dress. The idea....

by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2024 1:56 AM

Rear Window is an excellent movie. Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly and Thelma Ritter are all wonderful in it.

by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2024 1:56 AM

R60 Oh my sides!!!

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2024 1:57 AM

Grace was what the kids today call "run-through".

by Anonymousreply 68April 25, 2024 1:58 AM

[quote] I think he [Marlon Brando] only dabbled in the man-sex, mainly in his youth. He was strictly hetero, otherwise. So many children!

You're so naive.

by Anonymousreply 69April 25, 2024 1:59 AM

She looked terrible for 52.

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2024 2:06 AM

Remember 52 in 1982 is a lot different than 52 in 2024....

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote]Grace was what the kids today call "run-through".

Or a "cum dumpster."

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2024 2:08 AM

Hey, it was a free dress from the studio, but like Joan Rivers used to say" She wore a white dress...with a large BLACK hem"

To R37, Jack Sr paid a "million-dollar" dowry to Rainer.

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2024 2:13 AM

A 52 year old unhappy substance abuser looks the same now as she would have thenā€¦

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2024 2:17 AM

What was her motive for marrying Rainer and did her father really have to pay a dowry? She still had time to marry some wealthy behind-the-scenes type if not an actor in Hollywood and had the three kids and a life that wasn't isolated as hers in Monaco was. I just don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2024 2:23 AM

When asked whether Grace Kelly was a nymphomaniac, Judy Garland replied, "If you could calm her down."

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2024 2:25 AM

You girls are tearing her to shreds... why?

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2024 2:30 AM

I posted this on an old thread about Grace Kelly, no Irish girls would work in that home as a maid or the help.

Both Jack Sr got very "hands-on " with the pretty Irish maids, and so did the mom when she had a few drinks, especially on weekends.

Her daughter Peggy Conlon was a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2024 2:49 AM

A really super book about Grace or rather Grace adjacent was Judith Balaban Quineā€™s book about her bridesmaids - Judith Balaban was a real character - in my mind I picture Joy Behar. Judith was a rich ā€œBalaban.ā€ Her family own the beautiful mansion they used in ā€œSabrina.ā€ She was married to Graceā€™s agent (his name escapes me) but I remember her agent husband being interviewed a lot when Brando died. Judy Balaban - ok - I know google is my friend - I think her first husband was Jay Kantor? Anyway - she was a bridesmaid because she was married to Graceā€™s agent. She reh dishes on Rita Gam and the other bridesmaids and follows them through the years. A berry fuuny part of the book was Judy falling in love with Anthony Franciosa and Franciosaā€™s wife Shelley Winters scaring the shit out of Judy. ā€¦.. I am sure I still have that book somewhere - it would be fun to revisit.

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2024 2:51 AM

Geez % typos much ^ I should put on my glasses - sorry!

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2024 2:52 AM

[quote] You girls are tearing her to shreds... why?

I think it's because she was known as the "ice queen" and, meanwhile, she was fucking all of her married co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2024 3:20 AM

R76 - I don't get that joke.

by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2024 3:24 AM

R79: The Balabans owned theaters and were involved in Paramount. Plenty of them were wealthy. Shelley would have scared the shit out of anyone.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2024 3:30 AM

R73 I heard more. And I heard Grace was the one who had to pay it.

"According to a new Channel 5 documentary, "Grace Kelly: The Missing Millions," which aired in the UK on March 27, the actress had to pay a $2 million dowry (roughly $20 million today) to the House of Grimaldi in order to marry Prince Rainier, and combined her acting fortune with her family inheritance to pull these funds together.

By the time she died after a stroke in 1982, the 52-year-old icon had $10,000 ($27,000 today) and her grandfather's rundown cottage in County Mayo, Ireland, left to her name.

"What is so poignant about Grace Kelly's story is that she had to pay to become a princess," Gemma Godfrey, a wealth advisor who takes a deep dive into Kelly's finances in the documentary, told Insider."

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2024 3:51 AM

[quote]When asked whether Grace Kelly was a nymphomaniac, Judy Garland replied, "If you could calm her down."

Dead! All the way Dead!

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2024 3:54 AM

R83 Judyā€™s cousin was Bob Balaban. He is good in everything. I especially liked him as Russell the. NBC Executive on Seinfeld. ā€¦ā€¦ I just read that Judy Balaban died on Oct 2023. Jay Kanter was born in 1926 - he is still alive! ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Didnā€™t Princess Caroline lose her hair for awhile? Stephanie used to make the cover of People Magazine a lot. What an odd family.

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2024 5:11 AM

[quote] What was her motive for marrying Rainer

The chance to practice her French every day with a native speaker, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2024 5:15 AM

Grace COULD have made her own money but she seemed to have stopped caring for her personal finances after becoming the fairy tale princess. Grace was important to the transformation of Monte Carlo into a solvent principality. Some estimate Prince Rainier was worth 1.5 BILLION when he died in 2005. So he desperately needed a couple million when he married Grace, but died a billionaire. Grace should have had a piece of all that action. Monte Carlo - a sunny place for shady people. Perhaps Rainier was a macho character who would never share with his wife but that doesn't mean Grace had to accept the arrangement. She had leverage if she wanted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2024 9:58 AM

Prince Rainier only married her because without an heir, Monaco would have returned to France by law. He is said to have had many male lovers, one being no other than Karl Lagerfeld, whom he gifted a sprawling estate in the Riviera. Not sure how true this is.

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2024 10:53 AM

Well, r89, that explains why he had to marry, not why he had to marry Grace Kelly.

She did look much older than 52. Yes, times were different but she was a rich princess, so the drinking problem explains it. Good for her that she got all that sex earlier, as she didnā€™t look much happy in her later years.

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2024 11:04 AM

R75 She needed to please Daddy and Mummy

Kelly later said she regretted the decision. ā€œDo you realise if my mother hadnā€™t been so difficult about Oleg Cassini, I probably would have married him?ā€ she was quoted as saying. ā€œHow many wonderful roles I might have played by now? How might my life had turned out? That one decision [to marry Prince Rainier of Monaco in 1956] changed my entire future.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2024 11:15 AM

R15 Monaco isn't France.

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2024 11:29 AM

A great beauty- a fine screen actress who probably made a mistake marrying into a silly royal family.

While she is good in a number of films in her short career, her accent really gets to me. Trust me, no one ever spoke like her in Philly. Very very affected. .

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2024 11:53 AM

I can't believe how quickly she lost her looks after having kids. She married the prince at 26. By 1965 (36/37) she looked like a woman in her late 40s or a well kept woman in her early-50s. Grace fell of HARD. Must have been the booze and sunlight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2024 12:10 PM

r84 the quote about Grace's assets upon her death is super weird. Why would she need anything in her name? She was a princess. Her husband's principality proved for her and her kids live off an estate worth billions. So what nothing was in her name, she made out like a bandit marrying the prince because she got to live like a queen.

Given how her looks took a nosedive, her Hollywood career would have dried up by the early 1960s and be regulated to mother roles by 1970s, if she was unfortunate enough o not marry well and retire with grace.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2024 12:14 PM

She doesn't look bad for her age in R94's pic. She's put on a bit of weight but still has her rather classic features.

Her career probably would have dried up by the 60s because of changing styles and an inability to transition to character or supporting roles. The "cool blonde" persona lasted a little longer on tv than film, but tailed off as the 60s progressed. It's difficult to picture her in a film by Lumet, Beatty, Coppola, Shrader, etc. If she was a better actress, she could have had a career like Myrna Loy's, with many years of playing elegant but likable mothers, although that kind of role became less common after the 50s. She didn't have the relatability that would have allowed her to transition to television and, at best, she would have gotten the guest starring roles that went to that bargain basement (yet rich) knock-off of her, Martha Hyer.

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2024 12:35 PM

Her daughter drove her right off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2024 12:53 PM

She looked fine until the end. She didnā€™t look like a woman who tried to remain thin and youthful at all costs, which she didnā€™t need to do once she retired from acting. She still looked remarkable compared to the typical 40 or 50 year old woman then or now.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2024 1:10 PM

Marrying Ranier was nuts. She didnā€™t really know him, she had NO idea what she was getting into. She never would have married him if she knew sheā€™d have to give up acting. Ramjet told her sheā€™d have too, she figured once they were married sheā€™d get her own way. She thought Rainer would give in, after all, hapoy wife happy life, but not when you are married to the prince of Monaco. This was something they should have thrashed out and settled BEFORE they were engaged.

by Anonymousreply 99April 25, 2024 1:26 PM

Nowadays we have her poor perpetually unhappy daughter in law Charlene who can't even crack the barest of smiles. A failed runaway bride.

Charlene's wedding to fat Albert was televised. She should have just started screaming in the middle of the ceremony "Help! I don't want to be here! USA, UK, Canada, France, Italy, someone, anyone, please send help!". LOL.

by Anonymousreply 100April 25, 2024 1:34 PM

How can I woman so beautiful be so sad?

by Anonymousreply 101April 25, 2024 1:38 PM

r99 I'm confused how he could stop her. If she wanted to act, she'd get on a plane to act. What would he do, throw her in Monaco jail?

by Anonymousreply 102April 25, 2024 2:00 PM

Grace, in middle age: matronly hairdos, jowls, and overweight by maybe 25 to 30 pounds. She could have looked better and not even have to lose weight. A lot of it was bad styling.

She did more for Monaco than being a princess did for her, IMO. She added some American glamor to Monaco. Rainier could have married a woman just as beautiful as Grace, but it would not have been the same.

She was like Diana, adding some intrigue and excitement to a boring man: Charles, Rainier.

by Anonymousreply 103April 25, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote] she was quoted as saying. ā€œHow many wonderful roles I might have played by now? How might my life had turned out? That one decision [to marry Prince Rainier of Monaco in 1956] changed my entire future.ā€

She was profound as well as beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 104April 25, 2024 3:23 PM

Had she married Oleg Cassini, she would have been divorced within 10 years. Oleg, like Kelly Sr and Jr. couldn't keep his zipper up& fucked lots of women. In Jack Jr's case, a Tranny!

by Anonymousreply 105April 25, 2024 3:35 PM

She could have divorced him if she wanted to go back to Hollywood but the money and status was too much to give up.

by Anonymousreply 106April 25, 2024 4:24 PM

Monaco was deeply in debt. France was going to take Monaco over. The lazy Prince needed money and good press. Enter Grace Kelly. The Prince was the drunk. Often so drunk he planted his face in his dinner plate and snored.

Grace called on her Hollywood friends for Royal Balls and Charities. She was the smart one regarding politics. She glamorized Monaco and knew how to sell Monaco as the place to come to. Princess Grace, her wardrobe, and her Hollywood friends, got all kinds of attention. She invited other royals from Europe for visits as a way to elevate the Prince's status. She saved him and Monaco. Which the Prince had to appreciate but he was insanely jealous of her.

I think she felt trapped but there was no way out for her.

by Anonymousreply 107April 25, 2024 6:00 PM

Prince Ranier was never attractive or sexy. I can't imagine it was a fun and happy marriage. I think she took her image too seriously, wanted to be a lofty queen and better than lesser less attractive mortals.

Even the poshest surroundings, parties, and cash, can't mask what you face at bedtime.

Monaco is smaller than Central Park in New York City. Central Park is about 840 acres or 1.31 square miles in size, making Monaco roughly 60% of the size of the world-famous park.May 22.

She was the Princess of a principality the size of a park. The casino adds some glamour, it's sort of like being Princess of Reno.

by Anonymousreply 108April 25, 2024 6:25 PM

Back in the day, she seemed like the epitome of Hollywood glamour. But in a way, she kind of reminds me of Di - a story that was always going to end badly. Had she not tragically died, her kids (primarily Stephanie) would've made her life hell & Ranier would be just as checked out & indifferent as ever.

by Anonymousreply 109April 25, 2024 7:08 PM

Thanks Cassandra! ^

by Anonymousreply 110April 25, 2024 7:16 PM

At the age she was, she looked a hell of a lot better than Liz Taylor or Ava Gardner did.

by Anonymousreply 111April 25, 2024 7:31 PM

I've spent time living and working Monaco. Yes it's tiny but when you are there it does feel like a real city and city state, too. It doesn't feel that tiny. I was working for billionaires. I don't love it or respect it but I quite enjoy it and its special ambiance. The Grand Prix, the Red Cross Gala filled with the wax works, Jimmy'z gorgeous high class whores, a couple of superyachts achored offshore, way too big to fit in the marinas, the aging tiny luxury apartment towers from the boom years. The verticality of the geology, a country on a corniche!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 25, 2024 7:38 PM

A grim little studio with a good view. I guess you'd rent it for one of your servants. Any whore would balk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 25, 2024 7:45 PM

Monagasques!

by Anonymousreply 114April 25, 2024 7:46 PM

Audrey and Grace backstage at the Oscars (1955).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 25, 2024 8:49 PM

Yesā€”weā€™ve all seen it!

by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2024 10:01 PM

Grace was better-looking than Audrey, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 117April 25, 2024 10:13 PM

My mother knew Grace when she was an actress. Grace gave her a lovely necklace. After she died the Rainier's wanted it back. The bastards. Luckily my mother kept the note Grace note with the necklace which was proof it was a gift.

by Anonymousreply 118April 25, 2024 10:39 PM

How would they even know she had it?

by Anonymousreply 119April 25, 2024 10:45 PM

Gosh, I thought that the it was a rumour but R30 is right - Grace's brother had an affair with that transsexual Rachel Harlow (who by the way, was a VERY plain woman).

It's interesting to read that Margaret Kelly took revenge on him for "shaming" the family by dashing his political ambitions and ruining his career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 25, 2024 10:53 PM

My mother carpooled to Penn with Graceā€™s sister, Lizanne. Top that one, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 121April 25, 2024 11:07 PM

Grace and Bette Davis at the Oscars, the year Grace won. Bette had shaved her head to play Queen Elizabeth I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 25, 2024 11:08 PM

Bette, Marlon and Grace at the Oscars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 25, 2024 11:09 PM

Lovely, yes, but Grace Kelly was no Dorothy Dandridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 25, 2024 11:45 PM

My partner and always launch into "Ehhhnest Bohhhgnine, fuh Mahhhty!" to each other every time we run into some obnoxious pretense.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2024 12:08 AM

Sure you do

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2024 12:21 AM

R112 Great post!! Monagasques. I've heard you'll never find a population so snooty. True?

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2024 12:52 AM

Princess Boozehound

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2024 12:55 AM

There are dark rumors floating around the House of Grimaldi these days. And they're all about Charlene.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2024 12:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2024 12:57 AM

R119 - Grace kept receipts.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2024 12:58 AM

Grace showed her wares to many mens, chileā€¦

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2024 1:32 AM

Sheā€™s one of those people who lose their entire look when they gain weight. Itā€™s not about body shape so much as it is bone and flesh structure

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote]And they're all about Charlene.

Is she still bitching about having never been to herself?

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2024 1:52 AM

Actually R134 "I've Never Been to Me" could be her theme song.

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2024 2:10 AM

Were Jackie and Grace friends? They seem like similar types, both married short, ugly men and were renowned for their beauty and style.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2024 2:12 AM

Catherine Deneuve has a similar face and also gained weight. Deneuve doesnt look matronly. Itā€™s style, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2024 2:35 AM

She was a whore. This is well-documented. She came from white trash and lived her life accordingly. She was lipstick on a pig personified.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2024 2:46 AM

Here's Grace's sister. Not elegant. Working class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2024 2:47 AM

I love how her family doesn't give two shits about her being a princess. Everyone knew that Grace slept with everyone and was basically the town tramp.

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2024 2:48 AM

Weren't the first generation Irish? Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2024 2:48 AM

One thing she had with Jackie Kennedy was giving tours. She did a tour of Monaco on CBS around the same time did Jackie the White House tour.

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2024 2:49 AM

Grace and Jackie. Don't you just love Jackie's wig here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2024 2:50 AM

^ stinky linky

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2024 2:54 AM

Grace and Jackie, let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2024 3:00 AM

Here's a middle-aged Deneuve, with some weight on her. Deneuve is a smoker. Not sure if Grace smoked. Anyway, no jowls. Similar face, yet Deneuve does not look matronly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2024 3:25 AM

Catherine Deneuve is just unique. She aged beautifully. And yes, she smoked and drank the whole time. Some people just get away with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2024 3:32 AM

At one point in the Seventies Grace got so fed up with Rainier's philandering that she moved for years with the children to a large apartment in Paris.

He sobbed and sobbed at her funeral. It was like Richard Nixon at pat's funeral. In both cases you knew why they had cried so hard: they had ruined the dead woman's life.

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2024 3:42 AM

She never had that hard core.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2024 3:46 AM

I thought you guys might be interested in the documentary about Prince Albert. He has an American accent when he speaks English.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote] I thought you guys might be interested in the documentary about Prince Albert. He has an American accent when he speaks English.

He spent six summers of his adolescence at a camp in New Hampshire, and he went to college at Amherst.

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2024 4:08 AM

Do we know who that dashing devil is with Grace in the pic at r120? He is giving me BDE with plenty of girth.

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2024 4:10 AM

The thing with older Grace - she looked like she was fading away or becoming invisible. Those awful bland pastels - she looked so disappointed in life she could just disappear. Queen Elizabeth could put a kerchief on her head and drive a station wagon and muck around in the stables - she was vigorous. Liz Taylor bloated and fat was still sly and bawdy and still very much Liz Taylor.. Betty Bacall might have been a bitch but she was never bland. Grace just turned Blah.

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2024 4:24 AM

I think her kids caused her a great deal of angst. Caroline was headstrong and married a playboy very young. Then there was Stephanie's bipolar borderline. And Albert as a teen was already probably fucking every skirt that crossed his path from maid to prostitute to debutante to actress. What a handful those kids. Who wouldn't drink?

by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2024 4:57 AM

Her drinking made her play the Bing role in The Country Girl.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2024 5:33 AM

Albert was in my fraternity at Amherst: Chi Psi.

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2024 9:29 AM

Speaking of not aging well, Albert hit a wall quite young himself.

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2024 9:36 AM

R146 and R147, Catherine has had regular gold filament liftings since the 1980s, inflexibly adheres to an exhaustive skincare routine and has always been extremely careful about not doing anything in excess. Moreover, she has been happy most of her life, which does help enormously to preserve your looks.

Grace, on the other hand, was a bitter alcoholic who deeply regretted having left Hollywood, had to deal with a self-centered, arrogant husband who constantly embarrassed her with his open philandering, and was struggling to control her trashy, unruly and mostly disappointing children. Also, Grace didn't have any plastic surgery, unlike La Deneuve.

You cannot compare the circumstances in which either woman lived.

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2024 9:36 AM

Another sad thing about Grace (I do this too) As she got matronly she probably did a lot of Later, later, later, Next Year, As Soon As , Theyā€™ll see, Thatā€™ll show them , Another Oscar, Comeback ā€¦ā€¦.I think they are making cheesecake today ā€¦.

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2024 6:08 PM

[quote]She never had that hard core.

But just like you, Helen, I had plenty of hard dick!

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2024 9:04 PM

What if she never married Rainier? And continued to make movies? Her career possibly would have gone the same way as those of her peersā€¦eventually to guest spots on THE LOVE BOAT, FANTASY ISLAND and quite possibly as the matriarch of a wealthy but dysfunctional family in a prime time soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2024 10:47 PM

She says in her interview that she didn't like the publicity aspect of being a movie star but then she signed on to be a Princess which is just as much a public life.

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2024 10:50 PM

Yes, but as a princess you can forge your own role and give practically no interviews whereas as an actress the studio pimps you out to do junkets and more.

by Anonymousreply 163April 27, 2024 7:15 AM

[quote]What if she never married Rainier? And continued to make movies? Her career possibly would have gone the same way as those of her peersā€¦eventually to guest spots on THE LOVE BOAT, FANTASY ISLAND and quite possibly as the matriarch of a wealthy but dysfunctional family in a prime time soap opera.

Her career would've definitely taken a downward turn as she aged, though maybe she would've gone the Donna Reed route & had a show on television (below her station, but still a paycheck!). Actually, if at some point she just left Monaco & took a job on some nighttime soap, she might have had a moderately successful return since she was still Grace Kelly. Even once she got old, fat & bawdy, Liz Taylor found a way to be relevant & I'll bet Grace would've too

by Anonymousreply 164April 27, 2024 9:18 AM

I don't think you could compare her to Liz Taylor or the nighttime soap stars. Taylor was a plucky survivor in a way that Kelly wasn't. The soap people were either better known for the stage (Bel Geddes), lifetime hacks (Joan Collins) or had become matronly decades before (Wyman). The best venue for her would have been the kind of anthology show that disappeared in the 60s, where she could always be the star even if it was mostly based on being the host.

She probably realized that she would have wound up with the Martha Hyer parts (and probably at a Martha Hyer salary, close to scale). Kelly would have needed a rich husband to make a return to Hollywood viable and tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 165April 27, 2024 12:19 PM

I think that she would have been shrewd with her marriages and married a rich business man or someone successful on there own - she might have had a career like Janet Leigh. Janet Leigh married handsome businessman Bob Brandt am still did some good movies but had an ā€œoutā€ as a wife. She was super active in SHARE . She was able to keep up the notion that it was her choice not to work. ā€¦. also Jennifer Jones marrying Selznick and then Norton Simon. Being a famous wife gave her the ā€œoutā€ that she chose not to work - unless she was falling out of the Scenic Elevator.

by Anonymousreply 166April 27, 2024 1:21 PM

She would have been like Gene Tierney, marry money and enjoy a quiet life

by Anonymousreply 167April 27, 2024 1:35 PM

Tierney had major psychiatric problems, including a long-term hospitalization--she really can't be compared to any of these other actresses.

by Anonymousreply 168April 27, 2024 1:53 PM

Grace Smelly!

I was the REAL American princess!

by Anonymousreply 169April 27, 2024 2:05 PM

To R168, Gene and Grace both fucked Oleg Cassini& Gene actually married the sleazeball, had the "German Measles baby" by him, went CRAY-CRAY and rested to the funny farm for a while.

Agatha Christie loosely based the story "The Mirror Cracked" on Gene Tierney's contacting German Mealses from a devoted fan in the 1940's.

by Anonymousreply 170April 27, 2024 3:31 PM

I lost my respect for Cassini because he allowed his good name to be used as a designer luxury package for an AMC Matador.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 27, 2024 4:02 PM

OP, I forgot, I want the "Laura" painting from the movie (and the clock that hides the shotgun that Miss Webb used to kill the wrong person).

Also, Vincent Price

by Anonymousreply 172April 27, 2024 4:11 PM

Gene Tierney was absolutely gorgeous. And yes, she was crazy as a shithouse rat. Multiple stays at psychiatric hospitals, electorshock treatments and ice baths. Think Neely in "Valley Of the Dolls."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 27, 2024 6:05 PM

R102 If she wanted to keep her marriage together then she had to give up acting.. Grace consulted an attorney in New York who reviewed the prenup and Monagasq law. He advised her that legally Ranier would be able to keep the kids if they split up. He could also keep Grave from entering Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 174April 27, 2024 6:56 PM

She had hairy arms!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 27, 2024 7:20 PM

R173, Gene Tierney was not crazy as a shithouse rat, although I adore that phrase and ask you permission to steal it.

Tierney was mentally ill but also very self aware about how to manage it; in her later years, she became a courageous and unashamed advocate for mentally ill people, speaking publicly about her experience in a way that brought dignity and compassion to the subject.

by Anonymousreply 176April 27, 2024 7:24 PM

R173, not trying to pick on you here, but if you watch the linked clip of Tierney, starting at app. 10:10, you'll see a bright, sensitive, and most assuredly cogent woman discussing mental illness.

She was a great woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177April 27, 2024 7:31 PM

[QUOTE]Grace consulted an attorney in New York who reviewed the prenup and Monagasq law. He advised her that legally Ranier would be able to keep the kids if they split up. He could also keep Grave from entering Monaco.

R75 here. Even further amazed she married Ranier, had to give him a $2M dowry AND now we find out she didn't have an attorney look over the prenup until she was sad, lonely and desperate and wanted to bolt. What was going on? Was she running away from someone or was she under threat?

by Anonymousreply 178April 27, 2024 8:33 PM

[quote]I lost my respect for Cassini because he allowed his good name to be used as a designer luxury package for an AMC Matador.

How do you feel about the Tina Cassini doll, r171?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 27, 2024 8:45 PM

Fat, drunken slut. Atta girl.

by Anonymousreply 180April 27, 2024 9:37 PM

I beg your pardon, r180, but she didn't even have high-heel feet.

by Anonymousreply 181April 27, 2024 10:06 PM

[quote] Even further amazed she married Ranier, had to give him a $2M dowry AND now we find out she didn't have an attorney look over the prenup

No attorney could have negotiated full custody or even 50/50 custody for Grace. Her purpose was to give birth to a successor. There's no way she was going to be able to move back to the US and take her kids with her.

by Anonymousreply 182April 27, 2024 10:25 PM

Grace was set for life marrying Ranier. Unlike other Euro royals, he actually ruled the principality he reigned over; he had the power of a CEO of Monaco, for life.

She would always have some power as the mother of the heir. Even if Ranier kicked her out or barred her, her son Albert would have just as quickly brought her back in, or insisted that she be allowed in. Her descendents will always be in charge of Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 183April 27, 2024 10:35 PM

How angry Caroline mustā€™ve been when Albert married Charlene and fathered legitimate children. She was so set on being the ruler of Monaco and her oldest son Andrea becoming the heir to the throne after her. Now she just holds onto her courtesy HRH title she got from her drunken husband.

by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2024 12:52 AM

[quote]She would always have some power as the mother of the heir. Even if Ranier kicked her out or barred her, her son Albert would have just as quickly brought her back in, or insisted that she be allowed in. Her descendents will always be in charge of Monaco.

I don't think you need to look any further than her 3 kids to confirm: Ranier clearly has no respect for women and no tolerance for strong women (look how Albert treats his hapless fembot), there's clearly a mercenary streak about choosing mates (Caroline fucked her best friend's husband (some bloated german creep) & got pregnant, all for a title) and a good about of crazy (Stephanie - enough said). I'm guessing while she was very beautiful, even when she became matronly, she had no small amount of issues either.

by Anonymousreply 185April 28, 2024 9:40 AM

She loved older, married cock.

by Anonymousreply 186April 28, 2024 10:14 AM

R179, Tina Cassini did not have a happy ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2024 10:18 AM

What happened to Daria?

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2024 10:37 AM

My loving sister Daria Cassini ended her journey on September 11, 2010 just prior to her 67th birthday, October 15th. She will always be remembered in the thoughts and prayers of our mother's and father's families (Gene Tierney Lee and Oleg Cassini) and in the hearts of my four children and six grandchildren and those who cared for her. A strictly intimate service will be held at a later date in Houston, Texas. In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions to ELWYN, 1667 East Landis Avenue, Vineland, NJ 08361 2942 so that other children and adults with challenges can be helped. Tina Cassini.

by Anonymousreply 189April 28, 2024 10:39 AM

Why was beautiful young Grace Kelly always paired with actors old enough to be her father, or grandfather in her movies? Iā€™ve never been interested in her movies because of this.

by Anonymousreply 190April 28, 2024 11:04 AM

That was pretty common in the early 50s as the business tried to keep the older generation working post-war while still grooming a new generation. See for example, James Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2024 11:18 AM

r153 you have to remember that Grace was simply not around long enough to be all that relevant. She is remember today only because she looked gorgeous in Hollywood and became princess. Monaco kept Grace's name forever famous, not so much Hollywood on its own.

She was only a big star for five short years. Arguably, Jennifer Lawrence reached bigger heights as a movie star, but still went away for years to get married and have a kid, no one cared. J-Law has attempted a comeback that's sort of failed.

So, Grace fading away in sun drenched Monaco tracks. She only had 5 years as an actress then jumped ship to play wife to a troll. I agree with others who say that woman was insane to marry that ugly man. Since she was fucking every man in sight, was quick to jump into a marriage with an ugly older man, and would speed all around tiny Monaco, I believe she was probably molested by her creepy daddy. Her crazy antics of sex and taste for older men scream, diddled little girl.

by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2024 11:56 AM

R190, Audrey Hepburn, as well, Cooper, Bogart, Grant.

by Anonymousreply 193April 28, 2024 11:56 AM

R192, Graceā€™s life was equally divided, 26 years as Grace Kelly and 26 years as Princess Grace.

by Anonymousreply 194April 28, 2024 11:58 AM

yes, but the Grace Kelly that people cared about was only around for 5 years. The she became Princess Grace. Point being, she was hardly in Hollywood long enough to be someone the public would care about into the 60s. She was old news by 1970 and looking a mess. By the 1980s it was even more tragic. Grace was a fool doomed to fuck a troll with a title.

by Anonymousreply 195April 28, 2024 12:11 PM

Once a year, LOOK Magazine would have Princess Grace on their cover, usually posing with her children like this 1969 issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 28, 2024 12:45 PM

[quote]What happened to Daria?

Cancelled by MTV a long time ago. Great show.

by Anonymousreply 197April 28, 2024 2:14 PM

Shrek was based on her life.

by Anonymousreply 198April 28, 2024 2:16 PM

I think she had daddy issues

Her parents never thought she would make it

She needed approval from an older man

by Anonymousreply 199April 28, 2024 3:44 PM

And in the end, even her fugly husband didn't think marrying Grace Jones was enough and cheating on her left and right. So was it even worth it in the end? She should have just tried to get knocked up by crazy Howard Hughes. He was still rich-rich by 1956. Have his baby, throw his ass in an insane asylum and take over his empire.

by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2024 3:52 PM

Grace's death in 1982 was as shocking as Natalie Wood's death the year before.

by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2024 4:18 PM

Are you kidding? Grace Kelly doing The Love Boat, or a sitcom, if she hadn't married Rainier?? That's hilarious. She would have been like Jennifer Jones, married a rich producer or someone like Norton Simon, worked when she wanted to, and been involved in some classy activity or other - charities, museums, etc.

You didn't see Audrey Hepburn doing sitcoms or that kind of thing, either.

by Anonymousreply 202April 28, 2024 4:24 PM

Tp R201...On Halloween 1982, I went as "Grace Kelly after the accident" to several Halloween parties at Northwestern University!!

I won 1st place at 3 parties on campus!! I ruined my buddies mom Norman Hartwell gown, but it was the perfect green. Grace Kelly wig from Rear Window, a steering wheel& a seat belt wrapped like a sash and windshield glass glued all over the front of the dress. Mama Grainger did my make-up (owner of the gown).

Everyone said the same thing "isn't it a little early to do that...she just Died"

by Anonymousreply 203April 28, 2024 4:53 PM

How did you manage to go to three different parties and still be at each one when they gave out the prizes?

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2024 4:55 PM

Grace and James Stewart were set to star in Designing Woman for MGM with Vincente Minnelli directing, when she quit the business. She was replaced with Lauren Bacall, then Stewart bowed out - later said he regretted it. Gregory Peck replaced him. The movie was a hit, but Peck was no Jimmy Stewart when it came to comedy.

by Anonymousreply 205April 28, 2024 5:06 PM

He was too dark and sexy for straight comedy. Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 206April 28, 2024 5:10 PM

Sidebar: did any actor change, more than Jimmy Stewart, in his pre-war to post-war persona? It was like he went from Jekyll to Hydeā€¦or at least in his choice of roles (he famously broke away from the system after the war). He did a few comedies later in the 60s, but that old man with a dark edge remained.

by Anonymousreply 207April 28, 2024 5:14 PM

Rainer did look like an ugly version of Oleg Cassini.

by Anonymousreply 208April 28, 2024 5:17 PM

r202 has the most likely scenario. If Grace hadn't married Rainier, she would gone the route of Jennifer Jones, Greer Garson or Gene Tierney. Marry some rich guy, have a nice life as a society matron and only work when you feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 209April 28, 2024 5:20 PM

Stewart had some pretty somber and scary experiences in the war.

Apparently some of Jimmy's fans weren't happy with him doing Anatomy of a Murder and unfortunately he let them influence his choices, tending to keep it more family-friendly after that.

What's also interesting is that he did almost no war films. He did one in 1960 (or so) called The Mountain Road. He did an Air Force (peacetime) film, Strategic Air Command, and was in uniform for The Glenn Miller Story, but that was about it. He must have deliberately avoided making war films, because I'm sure he'd have been offered many

by Anonymousreply 210April 28, 2024 5:22 PM

Massive amounts of 80's meth R204, God I miss crank& black beauties (the pills). 1 party was over at 8pm (university prof party), other 2 were frats(wasn't a member, but my buddies were). Frat guys liked me for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 211April 28, 2024 5:36 PM

I think I'd rather be single and do shit like the "Love Boat" to make ends meet. Being married to some rich old, cheating fart sounds miserable.

by Anonymousreply 212April 28, 2024 5:41 PM

A lot of old time actresses didn't go the TV route. I don't recall The Eva Marie Saint Show, or The Ava Gardner Show, or The Deborah Kerr Show.

by Anonymousreply 213April 28, 2024 5:49 PM

I think Gregory Peck would have been better than Stewart in REAR WINDOW. Love the movie, but I canā€™t stand Stewart and couldnā€™t believe for a second that a fox like Grace would be in love with him. He came across as a persnickety old man as the wheelchair bound photographer. Peck was younger and had loads more sex appeal compared to sour faced Jimmy Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 214April 28, 2024 7:15 PM

R214, That was always the flaw in the movie for me.

by Anonymousreply 215April 28, 2024 7:20 PM

I totally agree, R214. Jimmy Stewart seemed like a stupid old fart. It made Grace Kelly seem unsexy, as well. Gregory Peck would've added more warmth and you'd be able to see why Kelly was attracted.

by Anonymousreply 216April 28, 2024 7:21 PM

R215 r216, Grace and Thelma Ritter owned that movie.

by Anonymousreply 217April 28, 2024 7:22 PM

R217, I didn't like Grace in that movie and I think it was partly because she had no chemistry with Stewart. Ritter was excellent, though.

by Anonymousreply 218April 28, 2024 7:30 PM

R218, Raymond Burr was also excellent.

by Anonymousreply 219April 28, 2024 7:33 PM

The chemistry was meant to be Hitchā€™s not Stewartā€™s.

by Anonymousreply 220April 28, 2024 7:35 PM

Don't forget the policeman& Raymond Burr. Thelma& Grace were excellent in the movie. Jimmy Stewart was awesome with Grace, she had "daddy issues and Stewart looked like a daddy. Hitchcock saw the daddy attraction( Grace fucked all her male costars she was attracted too). Hitchcock filmed-Rear Window is genius& a beautiful film.

by Anonymousreply 221April 28, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote]Grace fucked all her male costars

Not me!

by Anonymousreply 222April 28, 2024 7:42 PM

Not to take Graceā€™s thread in a totally different direction - but I have always thought that pulling the actors out of their time by periods and just looking at their work - Both Jack Lemmon and James Stewart could have played Walter White in Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 223April 28, 2024 7:47 PM

Grace had a great rear door.

by Anonymousreply 224April 28, 2024 8:09 PM

Jack Lemmon could have done many Michael Douglas rolesā€¦as good or better.

Falling Down

The In-Laws

Traffic

Wonder Boys

ā€¦and more

by Anonymousreply 225April 28, 2024 8:21 PM

R213 Ava Gardner did a TV mini series and a season on Knotts Landing. She said her financial advisor told her she needed Xdollares to keep up her life style, so she went back to work and made x dollars. She was very upfront about doing Knotts for the money, but after said money was earned, she praised the cast, said she had a blast working and would be open to doing more.

by Anonymousreply 226April 28, 2024 8:33 PM

I used to know and read so much about Grace and that time period - so many of the books on her and that time period were so protective and fairytale about her life and image. Is there a good current book about her? The Lee Server book on Ava Gardner was fantastic. ā€¦. Before I take the deep dive back into Grace - one has to wonder if there was something specific that she knew about her life, family or career that she wanted to head off at the pass.

by Anonymousreply 227April 28, 2024 8:45 PM

Wasn't she nepo adjacent because her uncle was a successful playwright?

by Anonymousreply 228April 28, 2024 8:52 PM

[QUOTE]And in the end, even her fugly husband didn't think marrying Grace Jones was enough and cheating on her left and right.

Grace JONES would have let him pull up to the bumper, for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 28, 2024 9:01 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 230April 28, 2024 9:08 PM

R226, Ava also had the financial cushion of Sinatraā€™s generosity after their divorce and until her death in 1990.

They remained friendly and spoke fairly often. Frank paid her medical bills and she had use of his plane and his NYC apartment when she was there from London.

Ava maintained relationships with daughters Nancy and Tina, who have both said in interviews that they adored her.

by Anonymousreply 231April 28, 2024 9:18 PM

In retrospect, I speculate that Grace's parents pressured her into marrying Rainier. They even put up the $2 million or whatever amount it was. In those days, the parents probably saw her acting career as a stroke of good luck that wouldn't last very long.

by Anonymousreply 232April 28, 2024 9:19 PM

As I have always been a smarty pants with minutiae strewn through my brain - I am now getting older and the tidbits arenā€™t as sharp as they used to be : Who was the actress who entered this type of marriage in hopes that her old lover would stop her and in the end they didnā€™t stop her. Does that ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 233April 28, 2024 9:29 PM

Or they thought it would confirm/enhance their own social standingā€¦.

by Anonymousreply 234April 28, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote]Ava Gardner did a TV mini series

Anyone remember the movie 'Earthquake" where Ava played the daughter of Lorne Greene? Ava following him around going "Daddy! Daddy!" He was seven years older.

by Anonymousreply 235April 28, 2024 10:22 PM

At least thatā€™s a refreshing change from the usual rules in Hollywood. Wasnā€™t Cary Grantā€™s mother in North by Northwest one year younger than he was?

by Anonymousreply 236April 28, 2024 10:26 PM

I thought the saying that the past was another country was so well known as to be trite, but I see people posting here that Grace could simply have divorced her husband or defied his wishes that she not return to acting. It hasnā€™t always been 2024.

by Anonymousreply 237April 29, 2024 1:11 AM

[quote] Anyone remember the movie 'Earthquake" where Ava played the daughter of Lorne Greene? Ava following him around going "Daddy! Daddy!" He was seven years older.

No, I don't remember that, but it sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 238April 29, 2024 1:26 AM

R237, Grace would have lost everything if she had divorced Rainier, including her title. Grace insisted she be introduced as Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco at all public functions.

Rainier was devastated when she died. He looked shattered at her funeral. Caroline and Albert were practically holding him up.

by Anonymousreply 239April 29, 2024 2:59 AM

Grace in her coffin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 29, 2024 3:03 AM

How else would she be introduced, R239? That was her style, title and name.

by Anonymousreply 241April 29, 2024 3:15 AM

I can't imagine she'd be very happy in Monaco. The Monegasques are notoriously snobbish and many have ties to the underworld. I don't think they fully appreciated Grace until she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 242April 29, 2024 3:41 AM

The other thing to remember that would be such a shock - travel and communication.. Think of how week are all sitting here mostly on our iPads and iPhones AND show squirrely we all get if the Wi-Fi is down. She really lost complete touch with her old life immediately. AND she left a busy hectic life. I know that she and her friends wrote long letters back and forth and splurged on long distance calls but she was really cut off cold Turkey. And although she may have spoken fluent French - how exhausting to be surrounded by foreign language. Tv would have been limited. Iā€™m sure the studio would send her films. She was probably stuck with fashion magazines, novels and the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 243April 29, 2024 5:02 AM

R239

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 29, 2024 8:32 AM

You could tell Albert's hair was not long for this world at r244.

by Anonymousreply 245April 29, 2024 8:38 AM

R244

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 29, 2024 8:42 AM

R246, Graceā€™s hunky brother, Olympic rower Jack Kelly, standing behind Rainier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 29, 2024 8:50 AM

She owed MGM one more film which was part of the sticking points for her to do Marnie. But if she had stayed in Hollywood and she did her MGM film she would have kept working with Hitchcock - The Trouble with Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Wrong Man, Vertigo, North by Northwest, even Psycho. Perhaps No Bail for the Judge which Audrey Hepburn turned down. And the play adaptation Mary Rose which he also never made.

by Anonymousreply 248April 29, 2024 9:03 AM

R146 this is not Catherine Deneuve in her 50s, on this photo she was about 40. Incomparable.

by Anonymousreply 249April 29, 2024 9:08 AM

She looks good dead, at r240.

by Anonymousreply 250April 29, 2024 9:45 AM

Plincess Glace!

by Anonymousreply 251April 29, 2024 9:56 AM

Jack Sr. looked exactly like Jack Jr. when they were young....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 29, 2024 10:44 AM

Hitchcock was never at MGM while he worked with Kelly. She must have been a loan out or else had some sort of non-exclusive contract with MGM. Hitchcock was at Universal by the time of Marnie, which is why the many of the films seem low budget (obvious back projection when people are in a car, that sort of thing). Hitch brought class to Universal, but they gave him cheap production values and budgets.

by Anonymousreply 253April 29, 2024 10:49 AM

R225: Lemmon was too hammy in most of his non-Billy Wilder films to take the place of anyone else. It worked in Glengarry Glen Ross because it fit the desperation of his character and he wasn't the lead.

by Anonymousreply 254April 29, 2024 12:53 PM

Jack Lemmon was excellent in ā€œThe China Syndromeā€.

by Anonymousreply 255April 29, 2024 1:39 PM

R226 That's true, but we were talking stars doing 1950s sitcoms like The Donna Reed Show and that's what I was replying to.

by Anonymousreply 256April 29, 2024 2:30 PM

R253 MGM loaned Kelly out to Hitchcock and for other films like The Bridges at Toko Ri.

Jimmy Stewart was about 45 when making Rear Window, yet people keep calling him an old man. He was supposed to be playing an experienced photojournalist employed by magazines like Life or Look - who had been in World War 2. Stewart was in WW2. How young do you expect him to be?

Hitchcock didn't particularly like working with Gregory Peck and in my opinion he wasn't half the actor Stewart was.

by Anonymousreply 257April 29, 2024 2:36 PM

^By that I mean he mainly worked with Peck mainly because both of them were under contract to Selznick - he preferred actors like Stewart, Grant, Cotten and Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 258April 29, 2024 2:43 PM

Acting wise, I do ā€˜t think that Stewart was worthy of smelling Peckā€™s smelly jock strap.

by Anonymousreply 259April 29, 2024 3:26 PM

She would have been a great First Lady.

by Anonymousreply 260April 29, 2024 3:26 PM

Jimmy Stewart looked way older than 45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 29, 2024 3:53 PM

R254 the great majority of his well-regarded career did not involve Wilder, so Iā€™ll beg to differā€¦

For just a single example of how he could play those roles mentioned, if he had come along later: Missing. And thereā€™s moreā€¦

by Anonymousreply 262April 29, 2024 3:55 PM

Lemmon was great in The China Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 263April 29, 2024 3:57 PM

I just want my boy back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 29, 2024 4:00 PM

I am female - but not a frau - I only mention it because it is relevant to Grace Kelly. When I was a young pretty girl I WAS gong to be an actress - I obsessed over musicals and obsessed over OBC cast albums, devoured old movies and had my favorites I would play over and over. I endlessly (shades of Peggy in Mad Men) would pretend to be Ann Margret in Bye Bye Birdie. I LOVED Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore. I would replay Picnic over and over and sewed a pink Dress to look like Kim Novak Madge in the Moonglow scene. Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina etc. ā€¦. Natalie Wood in everything. .. I really liked Tippi Hedren, then of course Judy Garland, Doris Day , Lee Remick the list goes on- I had key moments and favorite scenes in movies and shows starring these ladies. It wasnā€™t until this thread that I realized I didnā€™t have that ā€œGrace Kelly Movieā€ bonding moment. I enjoyed the movies she was in - but not BECAUSE of her. As a young girl she was too remote - I canā€™t explain it.

by Anonymousreply 265April 29, 2024 4:07 PM

James Stewart was a great actor, especially compared to many of his contemporaries. Have no clue why he gets so much hate on here. He wasnā€™t attractive past the 1940s, which I imagine is the main reason.

by Anonymousreply 266April 29, 2024 4:08 PM

I find Stewart to be a one note player. I also never found him to be attractive.

by Anonymousreply 267April 29, 2024 4:10 PM

Legendary mattress. A terrible actress. Skilled cocksucker. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 268April 29, 2024 4:12 PM

R266 Iā€™ve seen admiration, but no hate, for Stewart on this threadā€¦?

by Anonymousreply 269April 29, 2024 4:16 PM

Jimmy Stewart had an old man voice on top of looking old.

by Anonymousreply 270April 29, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] I am female - but not a frau - I only mention it because it is relevant to Grace Kelly. When I was a young pretty girl I WAS gong to be an actress

MARY. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 271April 29, 2024 4:20 PM

No one ever accused Jimmy Stewart of being sexually attractive.

by Anonymousreply 272April 29, 2024 4:21 PM

It didnā€™t work outā€”amirite?!^

by Anonymousreply 273April 29, 2024 7:18 PM

What was your first clue - I said I WAS going to be an actress like a lot of kids wanted to be astronauts. I obviously didnā€™t become one.

by Anonymousreply 274April 29, 2024 7:54 PM

So it didnā€™t work out.. got it.

Learn better English. Had you never tried, then the correct response is I wanted to be an actress, or I thought of being an actress, etc. Typing I was going to be an actress infers you made an attempt. You failed.

by Anonymousreply 275April 29, 2024 8:01 PM

Grace did not look awful before she died nor did Deneuve look better than her at the same age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 29, 2024 8:09 PM

LOL at that grizzled old diner waitress at R139. Like sister, like phony princess. THAT'S what her "serene highness," of shanty Irish booze and cigarettes face, would have become, in short order, had she lived beyond her fortuitously timed car crash. Like the Hollywood agent quipped upon hearing of Elvis's premature death: "Good career move."

by Anonymousreply 277April 29, 2024 8:14 PM

R277, all of the Kelly girls ( and their brother) were very beautiful when they were young. Looks like you hate the Irish.

by Anonymousreply 278April 29, 2024 8:21 PM

R275 ā€œLearn better Englishā€? I wouldnā€™t know where to start in critiquing yours, you stupid arrogant fuck.

by Anonymousreply 279April 29, 2024 8:48 PM

The Kellys were lace curtain Irish thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2024 9:05 PM

Grace was more like lace panty Irish.

by Anonymousreply 281April 29, 2024 9:07 PM

R277 Lace curtain Irish!

by Anonymousreply 282April 29, 2024 9:08 PM

5th grade might be a good start for you, R279.

by Anonymousreply 283April 29, 2024 9:10 PM

You seem to be quite invested in this thread, R283, considering the number of replies which can be attributed to you.

by Anonymousreply 284April 29, 2024 10:03 PM

Onassis was supposedly the one who turned Monaco around. Grace was just the poster girl. Onassis and the Prince made a lot of money then the prince cut him off and wanted nothing more to do with him. Grace was a horrible actress. See Mogambo. Then look at Mary Astor who is terrific in Red Dust. Kelly was ok when she was directed by Hitch. High Society is practically unwatchable because of her. It's got a couple of terrific musical numbers but not with her. Yet she gets a Grammy for singing one of Cole Porter's worst songs!

Her children made her life miserable and seem to be as spoiled and rotten as rich royal kids can be. Charlene seems to be living in hell married to Albert and runs to be in South Africa for medical treatment? Ha! She wants to be with her real family and as far away from Monaco as possible. And was it Stephanie who was driving the car or not? In any case they must have been having a row with Stephanie not getting her way and needing not a mother but an exorcist.

by Anonymousreply 285April 29, 2024 11:08 PM

So she the consensus is she killed herself

by Anonymousreply 286April 29, 2024 11:30 PM

She had a stroke while she was driving and lost control of her carā€¦why would she kill herself when she had Stephanie in the car with her?

by Anonymousreply 287April 29, 2024 11:45 PM

R94, I can see an incipient matronly look in that photo but to be fair to Grace, 1960s fashions only looked good on very young women.

by Anonymousreply 288April 29, 2024 11:47 PM

R284. Yesā€” I am 1 through 283 šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2024 11:48 PM

[quote]Yet she gets a Grammy for singing one of Cole Porter's worst songs!

Grace Kelly never won a Grammy. And the Grammys didn't even exist until several years after "High Society" was released.

by Anonymousreply 290April 30, 2024 2:02 AM

Why did I think it won the Grammy? I thought it won some award but all it got was an Oscar nomination. Still it was a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 291April 30, 2024 2:09 AM

Not quite, R289, but close enough.

by Anonymousreply 292April 30, 2024 3:24 AM

The story about one of her bridesmaids Carolyn Scott Reybold is sad. She was a model who Grace met at the Barbizon. She suffered from depression that got worse over the years until she was homeless for awhile and was later put in a home. Her daughter wrote a book about her a few years ago. Iā€™ve read that Grace kept in close contact with her old girlfriends - I would think this womanā€™s illness would have made staying in touch difficult.

by Anonymousreply 293April 30, 2024 4:19 AM

Her dad was hot. Mom was not.

by Anonymousreply 294April 30, 2024 4:34 AM

Kelly was an okay actress. She just gets outsized hate because JUDY WUZ ROBBED!!!

by Anonymousreply 295April 30, 2024 4:44 AM

[quote] And in the end, even her fugly husband didn't think marrying Grace Jones was enough and cheating on her left and right.

However, despite his constant philandering she still made quite a splash as May Day in A VIEW TO A KILL.

by Anonymousreply 296April 30, 2024 5:21 AM

Grace Kelly was quite good in REAR WINDOW and HIGH NOON. But she had some bad performances, and sadly THE COUNTRY GIRL, for which she won the Oscar, was one of them. She is completely outclassed in that movie by both Bing Crosby (it's his best and most complex performance) and William Holden (almost always good in the 1950s), and she suffered from comparisons to Uta Hagen, who reportedly knocked the part out of the park on Broadway, winning the Tony.

by Anonymousreply 297April 30, 2024 5:23 AM

I was good in it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 30, 2024 5:44 AM

She was on more wieners in Hollywood than Heinz ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 299April 30, 2024 6:58 AM

ā€œGrace Kelly slept with more men in a month than I was married to.ā€

by Anonymousreply 300April 30, 2024 10:04 AM

Her children really seem awful. All duds.

by Anonymousreply 301April 30, 2024 12:12 PM

Albert's wife Charlene was the subject of a blind item about her "disappearance." It was very dark and scary, if true, involving rape and kidnapping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302April 30, 2024 2:58 PM

The Monaco royal family is quite trashy.

by Anonymousreply 303April 30, 2024 3:01 PM

[quote] Her children really seem awful. All duds.

I never really thought about it, but I guess so. What about Caroline, though? What's wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 304April 30, 2024 6:05 PM

R304, Kudos to Princess Caroline for no facial work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305April 30, 2024 6:33 PM

The grandchildren are even worse than her children. Especially Carolineā€™s spawn. Promiscuous drug addicts..

by Anonymousreply 306April 30, 2024 6:44 PM

Isnā€™t one of them in the circus?

by Anonymousreply 307April 30, 2024 7:14 PM

I think Stephanie has a child fathered by someone who belongs to a circus.

by Anonymousreply 308April 30, 2024 11:22 PM

They're like the Judds of the Riviera.

by Anonymousreply 309April 30, 2024 11:24 PM

R308 here. Stephanie lives with a man in the circus but had no children with him.

by Anonymousreply 310April 30, 2024 11:26 PM

Stephanie seems more like a lesbian, to me.

by Anonymousreply 311May 1, 2024 12:24 AM

I used to think that Stephanie was intersex.

by Anonymousreply 312May 1, 2024 12:31 AM

Ask Rob Lowe.

by Anonymousreply 313May 1, 2024 12:38 AM

I think that's a fair assessment, r312.

by Anonymousreply 314May 1, 2024 1:26 AM

To R312, Nope, she just a whore. If u have a cock, u can shoot it in her. She is a HSH used up Slut!!

by Anonymousreply 315May 1, 2024 2:41 AM

[quote]I think Stephanie has a child fathered by someone who belongs to a circus.

The child is currently attending a very prestigious college clown.

by Anonymousreply 316May 1, 2024 5:53 AM

Grace Kelly had more male heads in her than a football helmet at the Super Bowl.

Grace Kelly was known as the ice princess because she had had more raw meat hanging in her than a meat locker at Winn Dixie.

Grace Kelly vagina was so loose that when she curtsied to Prince Rainer for the first time, she suctioned herself to the floor.

by Anonymousreply 317May 1, 2024 6:20 AM

^ the laws of physics don't seem to apply to Rickles Jr's logic here. If you want to try to be clever, just don't.

by Anonymousreply 318May 1, 2024 6:58 AM

^A truly amazing retort. Iā€™m sure you and your mother are quite proud of the hard work both of you put into coming up with it.

by Anonymousreply 319May 1, 2024 8:59 AM

Didnā€™t one of her daughters make disco records?

by Anonymousreply 320May 1, 2024 9:54 AM

Disco records?

by Anonymousreply 321May 1, 2024 10:26 AM

Her grandson Luis Ducruet definitely didn't inherit her looks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 1, 2024 11:34 AM

I think Stephanie tried and failed to be a pop singer.

by Anonymousreply 323May 1, 2024 12:42 PM

Her grandson looks like "White trash from South Philly, South Jersey, Delco, Bensalem, or East Falls".

In California, Bakerfield, meth dealer in Cathedral city, one of the low-life grifter-hustlers in Palm Springs.

Put a Maga hat on him, looks like a Jan. 6th retard!!

by Anonymousreply 324May 1, 2024 2:48 PM

Stephanieā€™s daughter Pauline is her most normal offspring.

Carolineā€™s kids were once gorgeous but they are hitting the notorious Grimaldi wall.

by Anonymousreply 325May 1, 2024 4:07 PM

Grace kept in close contact with her old girlfriends

Yes R293. Thus my mom and her Grace necklace.

by Anonymousreply 326May 2, 2024 6:08 AM

Was she already dead when she crashed?

by Anonymousreply 327May 2, 2024 3:35 PM

R327, At least unconscious.

by Anonymousreply 328May 2, 2024 3:45 PM

Graceā€™s parents were quite hypercritical of her, which had to have affected her outlook on life and sexuality. After her engagement to Rainier, her mother gave an interview to a fan magazine about how many boyfriends Grace had and her father was indifferent to the fact that she had won an Oscar and was a popular movie star. He felt that his other children, especially his son, were more accomplished than Grace was.

by Anonymousreply 329May 2, 2024 4:22 PM

Others have commented that Grace Kelly was a hard looking 52 year old, even for 1982.

Hereā€™s what 55 looks like in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330May 2, 2024 4:46 PM

R329, Her parents were strongly against Grace marrying Oleg Cassini, mainly because heā€™d been divorced.

by Anonymousreply 331May 2, 2024 4:59 PM

Grace hated the dress she wore upon meeting Rainier for the first time.

I believe it was the only dress she had available at that time so she had no choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 2, 2024 5:02 PM

r320 She looks like Tom Cruise in drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 2, 2024 5:54 PM

I took a guy to see Rear Window who had never seen Jimmy Stewart and the first thing he said when the movie was over was, "He was really good looking."

by Anonymousreply 334May 3, 2024 7:55 AM

How did "not being Audrey Hepburn" make her a star, by the way?

by Anonymousreply 335May 3, 2024 8:35 AM

Enty always refers to her as the OG yachter.

by Anonymousreply 336May 3, 2024 9:04 AM

I see what you mean about Stephanie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337May 3, 2024 11:14 AM

Here she is again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 3, 2024 11:15 AM

r334 Did you hide his glasses from him?

by Anonymousreply 339May 3, 2024 3:04 PM

R334 That must have happened in the Fifties cuz no one found Jimmy Stewart good looking after '55.

by Anonymousreply 340May 3, 2024 8:49 PM

That scene where he is getting a massage from Thelma Ritter makes him look very unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 341May 3, 2024 8:53 PM

Grace, Jackie O and their bouffants in Sevilla 1966

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 3, 2024 9:56 PM

R341, And flabby.

by Anonymousreply 343May 3, 2024 9:58 PM

His eyes are very striking in Rear Window. All the colors in the movie are very intense.

by Anonymousreply 344May 4, 2024 2:23 AM

I always thought Thelma Ritter's line about Jimmy was funny and apt. she says anyone who has half a brain and can get one eye open would want to marry Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 345May 4, 2024 6:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!