Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brittney Griner --Idiot who went to Russia with a vape pen and spent 10 months in prison.

What REALLY bothers me about her? Has she ever shown any support for the OTHER Americans who were imprisoned for YEARS before her and are still there? Because they ain’t getting out. I would feel some obligation to at least speak to Congress or something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2024 2:47 PM

Probably not. But then most people only care about issues that directly impact them.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 12:26 PM

Is she on T?

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 12:30 PM

Let's be real. OP is shitting on her because she is a Black woman.

Some of you trolls are SO transparent.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 12:38 PM

[quote] Has she ever shown any support for the OTHER Americans who were imprisoned for YEARS before her and are still there?

She's an athlete, why would she?

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 12:50 PM

R3 Let's be real...

1) I'm Black

2) I'm shitting on her because people have been imprisoned in Russia for years on illegitimate charges but there was a national movement to get her out because she's a basketball player.

3) Some of YOU trolls are SO transparent

4) I haven't heard her even mention the other political prisoners

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 12:51 PM

R4 Gee, I don't know...empathy, sympathy. The fuck does being an athlete have to do with it? That's a reason?

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 12:54 PM

If they didn't arrest her then they would have arrested some other American for a different reason. It's called hostage diplomacy.

I don't understand people who talk about her as if poor old Russia was forced to detain her for the better part of a year. You know, because Russia is a country where the laws are carefully enforced no matter who the person is.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 12:54 PM

"I would feel some obligation to at least speak to Congress or something"

She would have to be invited to Congress first. This hasn't happened, mostly because she was jailed in Russia and Congress makes laws for the US.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 12:55 PM

OP, I said everything I wanted to say on the topic of this oblivious selfish bitch in previous threads, I can't get worked up all over again.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 1:01 PM

I’d change that hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2024 1:03 PM

[quote] She would have to be invited to Congress first. This hasn't happened, mostly because she was jailed in Russia and Congress makes laws for the US.

Does OP expect this criminal to roll in there and take the mic?

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2024 1:04 PM

She went to Russia to make a million bucks but that's not enough, she had to do something asinine, and she got caught. Also she's a hideous mannish woman. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2024 1:05 PM

OP, are you sure that's what really bothers you about this (black) (female) person?

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2024 1:10 PM

OP, I've been thinking the same thing over the past few weeks with the coverage of the WSJ reporter who has been held prisoner there. Where are all the Griner supporters these days asking for his release ? How come this is not getting daily coverage by Sunny Hostin and 'The View' cohosts these days like Griner received a year ago ?

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2024 1:59 PM

She’s mentioned the other political prisoners. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2024 2:08 PM

She’s a center. Now, gays mostly know nothing about sports, so I’m going to educate you here.

Centers bang around in the paint the whole game, jockeying for position against the other “bigs.” They get bruised and battered all game. Sometimes opposing players take them down and fall on top of them. It’s rough.

As a result, many have lots of aches and pains. Her reason for vaping cannabis is medically understandable.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2024 2:12 PM

Her deep voice is spooky

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote]Her reason for vaping cannabis is medically understandable.

Literally no one here or elsewhere (except maybe Russia) has a problem with her smoking pot. That was never the issue. Not informing herself on the basics of the criminal code in Russia and her country then having to expend valuable diplomatic cache in response was the actual problem. And contrary to what r7 claims, this absolutely does not happen all the time. If it did, that poor reporter would have been back home ages ago already. It's only domestic outrage that gets shits done in cases like these.

But thanks for the sports lesson.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2024 2:31 PM

How's the weather in St. Petersburg, OP?

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2024 2:34 PM

she is a jock. she has shit for brains. Do you even think she "thinks"?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2024 2:34 PM

That's a man, baby!

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote] Not informing herself on the basics of the criminal code in Russia

This is what I've never understood. Who the hell travels to another country with weed and assumes it won't be an issue? I wouldn't even travel to Mexico with that shit let alone Russia.

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2024 2:45 PM

Russia doesn't give a flying fuck about weed. Average punishment is 15 days in jail and a small fine. If she'd not had the vape on her, they would have planted something on her. They had it all planned out. She was a political pawn, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2024 2:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!