Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is anyone following the Pennsylvania primary tonight?

Biden is doing better than Trump

Malcolm Kenyatta won the Dem nomination for Auditor General (He's openly gay)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2024 1:53 PM

Shit! I hope my sister back home remembered to vote.

I usually call her most mornings but I didn't today. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2024 2:27 AM

I'm selling my vote in the general election this being a swing state and all. It will go to the highest bidder on ebay.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2024 2:31 AM

“Write-in candidates” beat Biden 52% to 41% in Armstrong County, in the Pittsburgh suburbs. That looks like a complete outlier relative to every other county in the state where Biden pulls ~90% with Dean Phillips in single digits and write-ins in the low single digits, but maybe it’s on the level?? Regardless, STOP THE STEEL!

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2024 2:36 AM

I was wondering what was going on in Armstrong County.

Otherwise Biden is doing well

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2024 2:44 AM

Armstrong county is not a suburb of Pittsburgh. It is fully rural Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2024 2:50 AM

I'm seeing Biden with almost 80% in Armstrong County now (on OP's link), not 41%, with almost all votes in.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2024 2:52 AM

Another kickass night for President Joseph R. Biden!

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2024 2:55 AM

Biden also has significantly more votes in raw numbers than T-Rump so far, 830k to 702k. Pennsylvania is OVAH T-Rump!

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2024 2:57 AM

There's a special election in rural PA and the Dem.is overperforming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2024 3:52 AM

[QUOTE]Let me tell you, Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles are watching Nikki Haley get 38% of the vote in Bucks Country and not liking what they see at ALL.

Will wealthier and more educated folks stay home or, gasp, secretly vote for Biden,?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2024 5:33 AM

People always spin election results to be something favorable to their side, spinning to whatever degree is necessary to achieve it. I don't put any stock in election results "analysis".

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2024 5:59 AM

“Gettysburg, wow.” —Professor D. Trump

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2024 6:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2024 10:42 AM

Somewhat higher D turnout than R—over 1 million vs. 946k—and Biden got 922k versus Trump's 789k.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2024 12:15 PM

[quote] People always spin [bold] election results [/bold] to be something favorable to their side

If you win, that’s generally how it works.

Votes are not polls.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2024 3:39 PM

This might help for comparison:

In 2016, when Trump beat Clinton in the general election, there were 1681427 votes cast in the Democratic primary and 1594475 votes cast in the Republican primary, so more votes for Democrats than Republicans in the April 26, 2016 primary. In the Republican primary, Trump got only 57% of the vote against Cruz and Kasich.

Will the pattern be the same with the general election when Trump got more votes? Only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2024 7:10 PM

It's hard to make that comparison, R16, when in 2016 no incumbent was running and both primaries were contested (Clinton and Trump each got about 56% in PA). This year *both* major candidates are effectively incumbents, Trump having a clear track record from 2017-21 as well as claiming not to have lost in 2020, and each has only minor competition in the primaries. Also, PA has been trending blue since Trump got in.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2024 7:39 PM

There’s no way to know yet whether this year’s repeat of the 2016 pattern will lead to the same result.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2024 10:58 PM

Christ, I worked for the PA state government for 10 years and I never even [bold]heard[/bold] of Armstrong County.

There are 67 counties in PA, which is the exact same number of counties in Florida. I've always found that odd.

I always used to tell my students that I am a fountain of useless tidbits of information.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2024 12:37 AM

R19, you're not missing anything

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2024 1:21 AM

Is R3 our Bucks County Yard Sign Troll trying to make Armstrong County happen?

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2024 2:54 AM

R16 That depends: will Jim Comey be releasing public letters to media outlets besmirching the Democratic candidate ten days before the election? Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2024 6:00 AM

[quote]That depends: will Jim Comey be releasing public letters to media outlets besmirching the Democratic candidate ten days before the election? Stay tuned!

If you want to go down the list of excuses that Hillary has tried to use, you have like 99 to go.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2024 6:55 AM

Ron Brownstein:

Over 20% of GOP primary voters in all four key suburban counties outside Philadelphia just voted for Haley, a candidate who left the race over a month ago, in case anyone is wondering whether suburban resistance to Trump is behind him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2024 8:09 AM

Summer Lee, far-left pseudo-Squad House member also beat her moderate primary challenger.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2024 8:14 AM

Sure, R18, anything can happen, but no matter how many "comparisons" you fish for, there's no close similarity between the 2016 primaries and those this week beyond the slightly greater number of D voters than R and the result that both winners got the nom.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2024 11:29 AM

that haley won as well as she did is very telling

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2024 11:38 AM

I'm feeling really good about how well Biden is doing. In spite of the media undermining him and his administration at every turn. But I want to caution against getting over confident. It is a lonnnng way to November. This is April. We have more than 6 months to get through and a lot can happen. Turn out is critical. And lets get informed about who is running for local offices like the courts, judges, and legislatures. We need to look at the down ballot races. We have to seize control of the state legislatures. Every seat we can carve out is a gain. And we need to focus on State Judges. I follow some of the younger activists, and right now David Hogg, the Parkland survivor activist, is out campaigning for Legislative districts in places like Florida and other states. So is Indivisible and MoveOn. So get involved. Last night I got one of those Surveys ahead of the Georgia Primary on May 21 and they were about local offices, state legislative seats, and judges. Sadly, I didn't recognize half of the names, so I need to find out what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2024 12:31 PM

R26, although there’s a similarity between the 2016 and 2024 Pennsylvania primary with the Democrats again getting more votes than the Republicans, it’s not necessarily an indicator that Trump will win again. It may be that the number of Democratic votes being greater than the number of Republican votes in their primaries is as irrelevant in 2024 as it was in 2016. Democrats can certainly hope so.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2024 1:51 PM

[quote] right now David Hogg, the Parkland survivor activist, is out campaigning for Legislative districts in places like Florida and other states.

If Republicans are paying for him to do that, it would certainly be a good investment on their part.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2024 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!