Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Indie gay club music is mostly terrible now

Case in point. Abominable music, lyrics, and the video is shit, too. What happened to indie gay club music? We used to have Sylvester and Divine. Now we have... whatever this mess is, and a lot of drag queens who shouldn't be releasing music, either. But perhaps it's what the kids want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2024 8:47 PM

It's too easy to make and distribute music today. Most of it is crap.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 11:30 PM

That video was certainly crap.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 11:37 PM

Op you don’t know your ass from your mouth

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 11:38 PM

"Indie gay club" music?

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2024 11:34 AM

🤮🤮🤮🤮

WTF is that???? Hint: it’s not music.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2024 11:42 AM

Interesting I find some common threads when it comes to this "new" dance music.

1. Heavy baseline more than 120 beats per minute. The music is produced for individuals that either use Adderall or Meth on a consistent basis.

2. Narcissist lyrics , the men depicted certainly are not "10s". But the lyrics are all about worship the beauty of me!

3. Depiction of economically challenging urban gay environment. Living just outside the slum area with 5 roommates working at Amazon.

4. Did anyone else see the walker parked oh so subtly to the left?? The subliminal message " use it up boy you will not have it for long"

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote]4. Did anyone else see the walker parked oh so subtly to the left?? The subliminal message " use it up boy you will not have it for long"

Or "Guess who's paying for this shitty video?"

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2024 12:26 PM

OP, let's at least recognize the difference between music/musicians working on things and with other people, and self-produced people who make music.

This video looks like a MADTV parody of some gay club song in 2000 😂. Song & lyrics are boring. What's supposed to entice us? I knew within 1 second of the video starting that he would:

- Take his shirt off (of course)

- then reveal that he's wearing (get your smelling salts ready!) a jockstrap

by Anonymousreply 8April 23, 2024 12:36 PM

True R8, the self produced music is especially bad in a lot of cases. There is a lot like the "music" I cited at R1 on YouTube, and it makes me wonder where it is played and who is listening, outside of the internet.

by Anonymousreply 9April 23, 2024 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!