Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Beach Boys” documentary comes to Disney+ on May 24

I will be watching. I’ve always liked them! Their music was very “All-American California Surfer Feel Good” music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 9:55 PM

Will it be playing on Disney…

ALL SUMMER LONG?

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2024 7:14 PM

If so,

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE?

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2024 7:15 PM

Thanks OP

GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2024 7:25 PM

Will we finally find out what the opening line of 'Help Me Rhonda' is?

'Well since you put me doing there's been owls hootin' in my head'?

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2024 7:38 PM

I liked them. Their music was always fun and interesting until the 80s. They weren't afraid to experiment and try new things but they are a pale imitation now. Fuck Mike Love..

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2024 7:45 PM

R4, "Well since she put me down I've been out doin' in my head." = since the young lady told me I was shit, I've been puzzling over why.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2024 7:53 PM

Dennis was beautiful to look at

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2024 7:55 PM

This is giving me EX-CITE-TAY-SHUNS

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2024 7:56 PM

Brian is the stepfather/adoptive father of Alexa Demi from Euphoria

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 8:02 PM

It'll be interesting how they navigate the late 60s and early 70s regarding Brian Wilson, Dennis and his connection to the Mansons, also the extensive drug use the band had in that timeframe, all the way to the 1980s. Disney isn't going to be able to put much lipstick on 'em.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 8:07 PM

R10 they probably won’t show any of that. Pretty sure The Beach Boys themselves are involved and typically things are watered down when the people themselves are involved

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 8:11 PM

I just added Disney +. What else is worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 8:15 PM

The Beach Boys are embedded in my psyche.

My hometown: Hawthorne. I lived a block away from the Wilson house off of Kornblum Ave, north of 120th Street [close to where SpaceX is now. Both houses. and much of that subdivision, were demolished for the Century Freeway—now under the fast lane, just past the Prairie exit. I went to York Elementary, Hawthorne Intermediate and Hawthorne High, albeit after they hit it big. I grew up with so many people who knew the all..and I had several teachers who either taught them or were at HHS at the same time as them. Too many stories there…

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 8:15 PM

There are a hundred Beach Boys dramas.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 9:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!