Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Luxembourg returns after thirty years of sulking.

Croatians currently in full-on delusion mode, thinking they can beat the Dutch and win the whole thing. Utrecht 2025, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520May 17, 2024 6:51 PM

LGBT performers this year: Australia (queer), Belgium (formerly bisexual, now labelless), Denmark (queer), Ireland (non-binary), Lithuania (bisexual), San Marino (lesbian), Switzerland (non-binary), UK (gay, non-binary).

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2024 6:45 PM

Lots of ugly femme guys this year. The Azeri dudes are the only two I wouldn't kick out of my bed.

And the songs are even worse. I like the Greek, Italian and Lithuanian songs...And that's pretty much it. It's gonna be especially amusing to watch the overhyped Croatia crashing and burning with that lame Kaarija ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2024 9:28 PM

They’ve all become shrieking Hamas cocksuckers over Israel’s participation, so she will be getting my vote.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote]The Azeri dudes are the only two I wouldn't kick out of my bed.

Azerbaijan usually sends even hotter guys, the ones this year are just okay. Agreed on the lack of general attractiveness, I don't think I have a crush on a single guy this year. Okay, maybe Joost, but that's mostly because of his confidence.

[quote]And the songs are even worse.

Yeah, I think it's the weakest year in ages. I only really like Israel and Belgium. I admit I've had the Dutch and Serbian songs stuck in my head as well, though that's mostly because they're so repetitive.

I have a pet theory that most of Croatia's appeal comes down to the guy being attractive and having a precious name. Like you said, the song is just a shameless Käärijä ripoff. And I agree with certain Eurovision podcasters that him (a straight guy, engaged to a frau) putting on a gay voice for a section of the song that talks about city boys isn't a good look. And he refuses to listen to criticism and change it, too. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2024 4:58 AM

I don't mind the cheesy Israeli song but I can't stand that singer's smug face. Wasn't at all surprised to read she's a Russian Jew. I generally don't mind the Russkies and I don't mind the Jews but when you mix the two you get some of the most insufferable people on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2024 10:08 AM

Croatian Baby Lasagna comes of as very nice and modest guy in interviews. He is religious, practicing Catholic, but not hateful. He is gay friendly and open minded.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2024 10:26 AM

R4 I only just noticed that Baby Lasagna says "city boys" with high pitched voice. I believe it has more to do with his country boy pride, it is a mockery of us from Zagreb, not gay men. He comes from small town and now lives in a village.

As I said he comes off as very decent and respectful guy and has never said anything remotely homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2024 10:41 AM

Yeah, Lasagna seems like such a nice guy I almost feel bad about not liking his song. I could live with the shaky vocals and the blatant Kaarija influence but he simply lacks the onstage charisma to pull off a song like that.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 11:03 AM

I feel like Baby stumbled into success and now doesn't know how to solve the problem of his weak live vocals before May. Oh, to have a tenth of the vocal prowess of that Norwegian frau, he must be thinking to himself right about now.

r5 I think you actually might be onto something there. Isn't Michael Lucas also a Russian Jew? And he's one of the most insufferable cunts on the planet. It's probably because the sense of entitlement comes from two sides (the chosen people + largest country) and it melts their brain a little.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2024 11:19 AM

I'm boycotting until they let New Zealand in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2024 12:56 PM

r10 Haven't seen that before, hilarious! Her hair flips alone make the video.

Somewhat related, but I love how after years of complaining about Australia being plopped down off the coast of Ireland when displaying Eurovision stats, people have now started using Iraq as an Australia stand-in, and for some reason that's even funnier to me.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2024 1:14 PM

The bug-eyed Swiss queen is now #1 in the odds to win the contest. Do people actually like that dreadful song or are they simply betting on it because they think EBU is gonna make a statement this year and crown the first ever non-binary winner?!

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 3:09 PM

Yeah, the appeal of the Swiss song eludes me completely. The lyrics are juvenile and make me cringe, like something an angsty teenager would write, *especially* that fucking ammonite line. I don't like the arrangement either, the different styles just don't mix well. And yes, I also think the whole non-binary thing is giving him a massive edge in the fandom.

I would prefer Croatia winning if I had to choose between the two, even though he's a dirty Catholic and even though I can't stand the fandom being "Baby this, Lasagna that" as it is. We're lucky Croatians are busy with elections currently or they'd be even more insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 3:43 PM

Austria served major CUNT at the Madrid pre-party, pox on everyone who said her vocals weren't on point. Who gives a shit about vocals when you can dance like that?! I don't even care that she wore a ceasefire pin in the green room along with Switzerland and Lithuania. Again, all is forgiven when you can dance like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 3:48 PM

Can't wait to hear the Eurovision commentators from different countries deal with our little Swiss Miss' pronouns. The whole they/them craziness hasn't reached most non-English languages yet (thank heavens!) so it ought to be super amusing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 3:55 PM

I like British queen Ollly Alexander's song 'Dizzy', but I think it's too generic to do well at Eurovision

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2024 1:46 AM

I'm a big fan of the Swiss entry DESPITE being over 24/7 gender identity yada yada yada. To my mind, the mix of styles reinforces the theme and the kid sells the hell out of it. Very much my favorite, followed by the Italy/Greece/Armenia trifecta.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2024 2:32 AM

r16 Yeah, it plays well on radio, but just doesn't have enough oomph for ESC. I have the exact same problem with Italy's song, which I see as their weakest entry since 2018.

r17 My favourite ESC reviewer on YouTube declared it as his number one entry this year and I just don't get the appeal, it's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Same issue I have with Ireland – it's like something a drama student would come up with, it's juvenile and lacks polish.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2024 3:26 AM

There used to be decent songs by artists you wanted to hear, as well as good entertaining silliness. Eurovision now is a big, overblown camp nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2024 8:30 AM

Olivia Newton-John singing about the Salvation Army. Peak Eurovision. She was blown away by ABBA that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2024 9:56 AM

r19 There's something for everyone in each year's selection, you're just not giving it enough of a chance. Then there's the back catalogue for participating artists, where you can find even more to your liking. I discover so much new good music that way every year.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2024 10:57 AM

^ I’m in the UK, and I’ve been watching it all my life. The music has definitely deteriorated.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2024 11:10 AM

I've also been watching my whole life and I've noticed just the opposite – the move away from the joke/novelty acts over the past decade (thanks largely to the juries) has improved the quality of both participants and the music markedly, which has in turn attracted even better artists who never would have contemplated taking part in ESC previously because of the low quality of the entries. I'm in a more neutral country though, so my view might not be as tainted by historical and geopolitical considerations.

However, there are some warning signs that a new circus cycle might be starting all over again – Croatia last year, Finland this year...

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2024 11:17 AM

it's interesting how Eurovision songs fluctuate in style - there are years when everything appears designed to appeal to the average US listener, there are years when countries emphasize their folk traditions, at other times they go heavy on the ballads and this year, we get primarily dance numbers, with some good quality ballads - I know that was Israel is doing is awful, but Hurricane is a beautiful song. Slimane's Mon Amour is also gorgeous, and he appears to have a great voice, and Latvia's Hollow is also great.

The danceable songs are extremely catchy, but I must say that they all sound like updated versions of things that have been done before.

The only songs I have found to be atrocious are Estonia's, Greece's, Ireland's, Italy's, Malta's and Portugal's hideously disjointed fado/techno/hip hop fusion. Also, I cannot believe that the ridiculous Dutch nonsense is among people's favourites, as it is also hideous and it sounds like it was written by, and for 5-year-old children.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2024 11:31 AM

[quote] However, there are some warning signs that a new circus cycle might be starting all over again – Croatia last year, Finland this year...

I guess we have to thank the EBU for that, for getting rid of the juries in the semi-finals. Smaller countries now stand a better chance of qualifying with novelty acts than they do with serious songs.

But on the other hand, I was revisiting the mid-noughties contests recently (when televote-only system was used) and noticed how good the winners were in those year - OK, 2008 did give us the worst winner of all times but the winning songs from 2003-2007 are all classics. It's hard to imagine most of those songs winning had the juries (with their hard-on for Sweden) been involved so sometimes giving the televoters more power isn't that bad after all. And frankly I'd prefer to see the televote darling Kaarija winning over that ugly Moroccan whore last year too.

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2024 11:40 AM

[quote]Slimane's Mon Amour is also gorgeous

I just can't look at it as anything more than a rehash of France's previous two entries, to an almost comical degree. I'm unable to judge it on its own merit because of that.

[quote]Hurricane is a beautiful song

I can't even recall the last time I liked Israel's entry, but that's my winning song this year. Really sucks about the circumstances. I'm hearing they're updating anti-booing technology just for her, to say nothing of stage invaders and a possible terrorist attack. Guaranteed to be a shitshow.

[quote]and Latvia's Hollow is also great

Oh, come on now, he's just a knock-off Hozier. There is not a single fresh thing about that damn song.

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2024 11:54 AM

Hurricane is such a run-of-the-mill ballad. It sounds like a shittier version of Sapir Saban's Breaking My Own Walls (both songs were produced by the same guy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2024 12:05 PM

The schadenfreude I get from this drama...

Serves them right, after stealing the win from Finland last year. Deal with this shit now, you blond fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2024 3:36 PM

Can we sneak Hatari into the green room?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2024 7:29 PM

One week to go. It will be streamed on Peacock in the US this year as well, though now without the Johnny Weir commentary. I've heard there have been some... complaints.

Australia shat the bed during rehearsals, which I'm glad for because those two homos rub me the wrong way in about five different ways. Haughty cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 30, 2024 5:17 PM

The UK came out of nowhere to absolutely devour the rehearsals today with their homoerotic music video staging. It's already being talked about as one of the best stagings ever, how exciting!

He's a brat, but he sure knows how to put on a show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 6:58 PM

I love the Dutch entry. Not sure it will win but it should do very well with the public vote, at least.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 2:19 AM

r32 The Dutch entry has unfortunately fallen to fifth place in the odds because there's some speculation that Joost used the rehearsals to troll people with cheap costumes and visuals instead of revealing his actual staging. Whatever the case, it's disappointing as I was hoping they'd win. I think I'll have to settle for Italy's radio song now as my favourite. Anything but Croatia and Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 3:24 AM

First semi eight hours from now.

Here's a hilarious clip of the fat member of the Ukrainian duo falling on stage during rehearsals. Look at the way she accelerates! They have a strong entry with one of the best stagings this year, so it's safe to laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2024 10:45 AM

I have no words!....Or do I?

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2024 10:58 AM

Ireland sending another abuse survivor. But is 'she' a victim of church abuse or a family member?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2024 11:00 AM

R31 That will probably piss off some of the Eastern European countries.

It always makes me laugh how large swathes of viewers from the more conservative countries seem blissfully unaware that Eurovision is and has always been largely dominated by gays.

by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2024 11:01 AM

r36 She's an abuse survivor, really? See, that's immediately more interesting to me than the "first non-binary performer" thing.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2024 11:04 AM

R36 here being facetious, R38. She just looks the type- eating disorder, self harming, drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2024 11:07 AM

Oh! Yeah, I thought I'd for sure I'd have seen articles about abuse as part of her marketing push.

Her tats during the live shows will apparently spell out "ceasefire" in Ogham. Stunning and brave.

by Anonymousreply 40May 7, 2024 11:12 AM

The Ukrainian song has been stuck in my head for weeks, that chorus is so catchy. Having said that, I can't get behind its religious message about Mother Teresa being an aspirational figure. She was no saint, but lowkey a cunt. A DL-level vicious cunt, cruel and without remorse.

by Anonymousreply 41May 7, 2024 11:17 AM

This shit is total cheese. Not sure how anyone follows this or what passes for music in some countries.

by Anonymousreply 42May 7, 2024 11:32 AM

Madonna had no beef with Israel back in 2019. She did however, struggle to reach any notes in her singing or ascend the stairs gracefully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 7, 2024 11:39 AM

I'm just glad Iceland is sending Hera, who has zero interest in championing the Palestinian cause, or any other cause. She's just there to sing her ass off and look fabulous in her golden fringe dress. Exactly as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 44May 7, 2024 11:45 AM

[quote]I'm just glad Iceland is sending Hera

Looks like Hera Björk lost quite a bit of weight, she was a big mama back in 2010

by Anonymousreply 45May 7, 2024 3:50 PM

r45 Yes, she looks so much better. She has that square Nordic head, so thankfully she knew exactly when to stop instead of Ozempicing all the way and getting stuck with a lollipop head, like so many celebs these days. Still curvy, but healthy curvy now.

by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2024 4:47 PM

Five minutes to go.

I think I'll mute the flag parade, I am in no mood to hear Israel get booed. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2024 6:56 PM

Don't forget me!!! I'm still here!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 7, 2024 7:12 PM

Oh, the flag parade's at the final only, I forgot. Shittiest song up first.

r48 Had to google her to check, genuinely wasn't sure if she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 49May 7, 2024 7:14 PM

And still pretty good, love the switch to swedish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2024 7:14 PM

Those Cypriot backup dancing twinks are simply superior genetically. And they took their shirts off, my heart!

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2024 7:18 PM

They love their denim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 7, 2024 7:25 PM

Ireland sounded so foul at their national final, it's amazing how much better she sounds here.

Aaand there's the trans flag.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2024 7:29 PM

Yeah, we definitely saw the gayest performance in the history of ESC just then from the UK. Shame the vocals were only so-so, he was completely out of breath by the end.

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2024 7:38 PM

Israel don't perform till Thursday. I wonder if she'll get booed off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2024 8:31 PM

There is definitely going to be booing and it will be uncomfortable as hell for everyone. Not looking forward to that at all.

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2024 8:35 PM

The way Luxembourg marries English and French is exactly how you're supposed to do it, should you go down that road in a song. Flawless.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2024 8:36 PM

Germany is stupid sending this boring ass song. Those were the contestants within Germany a few months ago and they chose the boring heifer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2024 8:38 PM

Yeah, Germany was tragic. Adele-like voice, but just the most generic song ever. Also, I don't mean to be a bitch, but they really could have put him on Ozempic in the months since he won, he's sloppy fat and clearly uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2024 8:43 PM

Is Johnny Logan singing live right now? He sounds amazing!

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2024 8:44 PM

Oh god, Benjamin Ingrosso. I recall posting his leaked dick pics on DL back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2024 9:05 PM

Just based on OP's montage I give it to Armenia for the cuteness alone. Most of the songs are that awful, EDM noise that seems stuck in 2012. Would love to see Iceland/Hera win it this year but I think Israel does have the best song.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2024 9:12 PM

r62 I love Israel and Iceland as well, but the kids are all saying Hera is for the wine moms only...

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2024 9:14 PM

Holy shit, how on earth did we make it through, Raiven sucked ass!

And Lithuania, Serbia, Portugal... what is happening?!

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2024 9:16 PM

So happy for Luxembourg, would have been awkward if they didn't qualify.

by Anonymousreply 65May 7, 2024 9:19 PM

It's May the Eurovision song contest is here until Saturday May 11.

It's available on Peacock.

The very first Eurovision Song Contest took place on 24th May 1956 in Lugano, Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2024 10:50 PM

Very glad that Australia didn’t go through to the final. Australia doesn’t belong in tihis competition. It never did and it never will.

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2024 2:33 AM

Australia always sends over awesome entries and their song has been stuck in my head for weeks now, especially that glorious chorus. But that staging was most foul, they clearly weren't given much money and/or couldn't be arsed to even rehearse properly. And the lead singer's vocals were completely shot by the end of the song, a real shame. Still, they should have qualified over Portugal or Lithuania, I don't get those songs at all.

Saint Janet of Jackson clearly wasn't willing to intercede on their part yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2024 4:10 AM

Only Lasagna.

Go Marko!

by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2024 9:59 AM

Baby looked so dour in the green room, like he came to his own coronation. I didn't like that.

Having said that, the crowd's reaction during his performance was undeniable, not surprised he shot up in the odds to become a clear favourite. I can't believe they've never finished in Top 5 before, but might actually win this year. Guess that's just the magic of Eurovision, eh.

by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2024 10:41 AM

Serbia apparently cut the stream during Croatia's performance and switched to the live footage of Xi Jinping landing in Belgrade. Bad neighbours!

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2024 10:46 AM

Finland, as always, has taken the limelight

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2024 11:03 AM

I'm just happy for the Irish, even though the song really isn't my cup of tea. They haven't qualified since 2018!

r72 Has it? I guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to see the full results, but something tells me they didn't win the semi or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2024 11:18 AM

Nah, Lasagna is the winner.

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2024 3:34 PM

I appreciated Ireland’s hair/make-up and production values but the song? No fucking way.

I liked Finland’s the best.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2024 3:54 PM

Ireland was apparently forced to remove her facial tattoo which spelled out ceasefire in Ogham ahead of the live performance. Meanwhile, the Australian didgeridoo player revealed today he hid a pro-Palestinian message in his body paint. STUNNING & BRAVE.

Can't wait to see Netherlands and Italy tomorrow. And Austria, of course.

by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2024 4:01 PM

Bambie Thug all johnny big balls about not wanting Israel to perform, but then weeping like a bitch herself as other countries were getting through before Ireland was called.

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2024 7:05 PM

Israel won in 1979 with this. I remember watching it. Simpler times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2024 8:25 AM

R76 The Ireland singer is weird. She had a trans flag costume on during a recent performance but then she wants ceasefire in a country that is against lgbt?? She also has no tiddies. Is she a trans herself that wants muslim cock? In Iran trans is more aceptable than being gay. Is it the same in Palestine?

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2024 8:54 AM

A jury member showed me his score sheet and u vote for the performance on the night live, The staging, and the song. The song only carries about 30%. This is ridiculous surely?

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2024 9:59 AM

r80 The juries votes on a separate performance (called jury shows) because there's not enough time to collate and verify those votes on the night of the live shows that we get to see. That 30% criteria you mention might be something that particular national jury came up for itself, the EBU's only guidelines are these:

[quote]Each juror shall rank all the competing songs in each show from their least favourite to favourite based on the following criteria:

[quote] - composition and originality of the song

[quote] - quality of the performance on stage

[quote] - vocal capacity of the performer(s)

[quote] - overall impression of the act

That's it, no percentages. And even that can't really be enforced in any meaningful way, so the juries vote strategically (and politically) to increase their own country's chances all the time. A handful of juries even formed a cartel last year to give each other votes, but the EBU's algorithm caught that and all their votes got trashed even before it could affect the final result. Obviously they threw a bitch fit and threatened legal action, but nothing came of it in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2024 10:15 AM

I will vote for Austria(lia)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2024 2:05 PM

r82 Out of this world choreo, holy shit. People who keep complaining about her vocals are crazy, she sounds so good.

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2024 3:05 PM

This was so funny. I wonder what will happen this year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2024 4:16 PM

The stage will be surrounded by Swedish and Israeli security, so stage invaders definitely won't be a thing. Having said that, I'm still fully bracing myself for some other incident. I think I'll just mute that performance and look away for the duration, these things make me way too anxious to watch live.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2024 4:22 PM

I will vote for Baby.

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2024 4:54 PM

Da true winner of da last tournament. It is rumored that the jury voted against him. Theyz wanted Swede cunt to win cuz it would mean 50th anniversary Abba or sumthin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2024 4:57 PM

And apparently the Swedes will do a parody of his performance today or something like that. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2024 5:42 PM

The goddess Barbara Schöneberger already did this tanning bad parody of Tattoo at Eurovision Song Contest – Das deutsche Finale back in February! It's still funny, though.

by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2024 7:04 PM

*tanning bed

by Anonymousreply 90May 9, 2024 7:04 PM

Greece's dancing twinks are just the cutest thing ever, they're dancing their little tooshies off.

by Anonymousreply 91May 9, 2024 7:18 PM

Spain was a joy to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 9, 2024 9:33 PM

Sorry R92, but while the song is catchy and the production is beautiful, the lyrics are downright stupid and Mery Bass is not a good singer. I cannot comprehend why people find this song so appealing, to be honest.

I am also shocked by the fact that Ireland have managed to go to the final with that... Perpetration. Portugal used to send nice songs in the past, but since the insufferably dull and arrogant Salvador Sobral inexplicably won with that boring little tune, they seem obsessed with sending painfully slow, unmelodious numbers.

Kaleen and SABA have nice songs, but their voices are severely limited and they struggle to even stay in tune. Australia's song is VERY catchy and deserved to be in the final, without a single doubt. The only two decent ballads are Hollow by Latvia and Hurricane by Israel; however, they're nothing particularly special and Israel doesn't deserve to win, given what they're doing in Palestine and the arrogance they've displayed about it.

Also, what do people see in Finland's RIDICULOUS number? It encapsulates all the things that are wrong with Eurovision: the song is trashy, the performance ridiculous and tacky and the singers, not particularly good at all.

by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2024 10:12 PM

R93 es más zorra todavía.

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2024 10:21 PM

Gracias bonita @R94, pero no quiero quitarte el puesto. Es innegable que tú eres la más zorra. :)

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2024 10:24 PM

[quote]they're nothing particularly special and Israel doesn't deserve to win, given what they're doing in Palestine

Hello you dumb cunt. What Israel is “doing to Palestine” is called war. Hamas declared war on Israel by slaughtering over 1200 of their people and kidnapping over 250. They refuse to release the hostages and so, the war will continue until all hostages are freed. Hope that helps.

by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2024 10:29 PM

Italy shared the viewer votes during their broadcast tonight.

With votes spread across 16 counties Israel got a 39% share. Netherlands were second with 7%.

A lot of people in Europe hate Israel/Jews/Zionists but a lot of people in Europe hate antisemites even more.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Israel win the public vote easily. They won’t win the jury vote of course but there is a lot more love than hate for a 20 year old woman who had friends murdered at a music festival.

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2024 10:30 PM

How the fuck are us in the “Rest of the World” going to vote on Saturday? Something about providing details of our payment cards? Really?

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2024 10:37 PM

R96, Israel's response has been atrociously disproportionate: they have massacred over 20 thousand people, many of them children and individuals prostrate in hospital beds. In fact, several of them were killed execution style by the Nasser medical Complex, after being tortured, and dumped in a mass grave. In fact, if Russia has been barred from Eurovision for their invasion of Ukraine, Israel deserves to be barred from participating for their genocide in Gaza - especially because Hamas operatives have barely died and innocent civilians have been targeted.

Anyway, nice try in attempting to justify that which is unjustifiable. And I am saying that as someone who isn't particularly keen on Muslims and Arabs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2024 10:42 PM

R99 genuinely believe Israel left the bodies of tortured civilians in shallow graves to be uncovered by Hamas/Palestinians.

Israel are the genocidal nation obsessed with wiping out Palestinians yet leave all that evidence of ‘their’ crimes.

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2024 10:45 PM

[quote] How the fuck are us in the “Rest of the World” going to vote on Saturday? Something about providing details of our payment cards? Really?

Download the app you clown.

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2024 10:46 PM

I did, R101/cunt.

It tells those of us in “Rest of the Workd” we’ll need a payment card originating in our own country to vote.

by Anonymousreply 102May 10, 2024 2:58 AM

Yes, you need a payment card to vote, unfortunately. Otherwise, the Russians would be manipulating the system to no end. It's very secure, if it helps, I haven't heard of any issues from Americans who voted last year when this option was introduced.

by Anonymousreply 103May 10, 2024 4:59 AM

I can't believe Belgium was one of my faves going in, his vocals were terrible last night. He obviously spent more time on his flawless skin, hair, and abs instead of making sure he nails those high notes live. Same for Netherlands, did that bitch even sing anything? I didn't like the manipulative ending either, but I might just be jaded bitch. The Danish and the Sammarinese lesbians didn't come through with their vocals either.

Happy for Latvia for ending their long NQ streak, but that song is grim. Wine moms everywhere were obviously voting for their fantasy boyfriend and his fake abs and fake tears.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but the appeal of Zorra seems nonexistent to me outside of Spain and maybe Latin American countries? I know lots of fans were singing along in the arena, but Spanish fans are fucking LOUD. Her vocal is so weak and of the two attempts, she only really nailed the last high note. And why not show the cheek clap by the two homosexuals, it's the best part of the whole performance.

by Anonymousreply 104May 10, 2024 5:27 AM

[quote]Italy shared the viewer votes during their broadcast tonight.

The EBU obviously freaked out and buried Israel in the final running order as much as possible, they do NOT want them winning this. Everything is lined up for a Croatia or a Switzerland win now. Which, fine.

by Anonymousreply 105May 10, 2024 5:30 AM

It’s all brain dead dance music.

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2024 2:41 PM

Were we watching the same show?

by Anonymousreply 107May 10, 2024 2:50 PM

R99 Sorry but these children will grow up to be muslim and kill gays. That's why #IstandwithIsrael.

by Anonymousreply 108May 10, 2024 3:36 PM

Croatian fans are freaking the fuck out over Italy's leaked televote results, they're suddenly demanding that the Eurovision sub changes its rules and allows the discussion of the Gaza conflict, lol. They can feel the victory slipping away. I still think they'll clinch it in the end, though I'd prefer if we split the baby and give the win to someone like Norway. Her singing really was impeccable and those teal lasers... oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 109May 10, 2024 3:46 PM

The vocals all sound like Mariah Carey good morning america 2008 touch my body. I think it is important for Eurovision not to use autotune like Lady gaga did it during the vmas 2009. When you watch fans record her concerts, she sounds like a bore. A lot of American stars have pre-recorded tracks that are sold as live. NO, I am not talking about the studio version but a version that was recorded in the studio later to make it appear live. What you hear on Eurovision is the same level of vocal talent the major stars have now too and we can all thank Rhianna with her ugly voice for that. Since her arrival in 2005, the standard has been mediocre. Like Dua lipa with her low voice for instance. Live she also sounds like a homeless crack whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 10, 2024 3:56 PM

The pre-recorded backing vocals make the contest feel more modern, but also result in cases where the singers are obviously relying too much on them. It's on the public and the juries to recognise that and punish it accordingly. I feel like there's a healthy middle ground in there somewhere.

And we've all seen what happens if your studio track sounds completely different to what you deliver live. Belgium this year is a great object lesson in that. As is Spain, who sounds like Britney Spears on her track, but she has her little cult to keep her afloat.

by Anonymousreply 111May 10, 2024 4:03 PM

Looks like the Netherlands will be disqualified. He hit a Swedish female photographer and was generally irritating.

by Anonymousreply 112May 10, 2024 5:46 PM

Holy shit, really? I read earlier today that he was butting in during the presser, pressuring Israel into answering questions she didn't want to answer. He might get tired when he's cranky, though that's obviously no excuse to be unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 113May 10, 2024 5:58 PM

It shows the fakeness because this guy pretended to be down to earth ugly-guy-like and "funny" with his "funny" song but in the end he is like Björk and is violent against reporters. Nasty person the Netherland guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 10, 2024 6:29 PM

I see people online are blaming The Zionists for whatever happened with Jimmy van der Savile.

by Anonymousreply 115May 10, 2024 6:30 PM

A Scorpio. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 116May 10, 2024 6:40 PM

If Klein is out then that’s a shame. I liked “Europapa” a lot.

by Anonymousreply 117May 10, 2024 8:35 PM

Can anyone here tell us what the state.of European music is these days? Every time I hear a foreign song it sounds like The Alan Parsons Project-meets-ABBA.

by Anonymousreply 118May 10, 2024 8:53 PM

You can't really judge the music scene in Europe by Eurovision as these entries are in some cases chosen by the juries, other times by the public, sometimes the public broadcaster just picks someone who's up for it and so on. Also, each country is its own market – with some overlap in influence, obviously – so we can't really talk about European music as such. If you're interested, you can look up what's currently charting in each country, to get a sense of what's popular.

The more interesting thing about Eurovision is how each winner influences the next year's crop of entries, and how Eurovision entries have changed over the decades. Just look up a YouTube montage of ESC winners and you'll quickly get a sense of the evolution since 1956 and some pivotal moments when trends and tastes shifted pretty quickly and radically.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2024 3:21 AM

So the Dutch Europapa freak sings about his father teaching him tolerance and love unites.

Backstage he's feuding with Israel.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2024 8:55 AM

Take your inflammatory shit elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2024 9:08 AM

Yo, R121. Isn't there a Holocaust you should be denying.

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2024 9:27 AM

While there's a competition online over who hates Israel the most a much wider group of people are watching the mainstream news coverage of the protests and booing and bullying of a young woman by other contestants and feeling sympathetic towards her.

And when she goes out on stage tonight a lot of people will vote for her just because she's got more balls than any of the shrieking queens with watermelons in their Twitter bios.

by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2024 10:16 AM

This guy gets it ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2024 10:33 AM

The Dutch guy has been disqualified and will not be performing tonight. A female member of the Swedish production crew called the police after Thursday's live show over "unlawful threats" made to her by Joost. Both were interrogated by the police and the prosecution has now taken over the case. Apparently, it had nothing to do with Israel.

The Dutch broadcaster has called the decision disproportionate. They will announce whether to withdraw from ESC over this at a later date.

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2024 10:58 AM

But.....but....but....music brings people together!

My father told me!

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2024 11:20 AM

Boo, Israel!

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2024 11:29 AM

He had lots of televote potential. Not so much the jury one. Makes me wonder who'll get to benefit from this the most.

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2024 11:33 AM

[quote]Croatians currently in full-on delusion mode, thinking they can beat the Dutch

This aged well, OP

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2024 11:34 AM

To be fair, this is the first time this has happened in the 67 years of Eurovision.

by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2024 11:37 AM

I want to fuck Marko from Baby Lasagna.

And, although I liked the Australian entry this year, I'm embarassed that we've sleazed our way into this contest. We're not part of Europe - we're a dingleberry on the bottom of Asia.

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2024 11:54 AM

The EBU isn't an exclusively European thing and Morocco competed once, in 1980. They could return if they wanted, though their culture is way too conservative these days to be compatible with ESC. In any case, the Eurovision fans love Australia, so they're here to stay.

The voting sequence today is going to be an absolute shitshow, for the third year in a row. So super not looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2024 12:03 PM

The Dutch being out makes it harder for Israel to pull off the upset.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2024 12:04 PM

I want to cuddle all night with Slimane and see what comes up.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2024 12:08 PM

A comparison with 2022 is inevitable when the European public voted en masse for Ukraine out of solidarity. Only 3 countries didn't put Ukraine in the top 2 on public vote. North Macedonia and San Marino put Ukraine 3rd and Serbia put Ukraine 4th.

Ukraine ended up with 439 points JUST from the public vote would have come 3rd without ANY jury votes. For comparison UK finished second with 466 points (283/183 split) and Spain finished third with 459 points, a 231/228 split across jury/public.

Last year Israel finished 3rd overall - second on jury votes and 5th on public votes.

I doubt every country's public vote will put Israel in the top 3 but a lot of casual viewers will vote for Eden out of solidarity. If she does reasonably well with the jury she could win.

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2024 12:38 PM

I've tried to watch Eurovision a few times and I really don't like it. But I don't want to have FOMO if this is going to be an epic shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2024 12:41 PM

Israel's entry is one of my favourites this year, but I absolutely do not want to see it win because countries would withdraw en masse if it's hosted in Tel Aviv next year. The whole thing would be thrown into a limbo, from which it might never recover. For all we know, Russia might set up their own de-gayed Eurovision for the more conservative countries.

Honestly, Croatia winning might actually serve to calm things down, so I'm slowly getting on board with that idea.

by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2024 12:49 PM

Israel's entry is very strong and I hope it wins.

by Anonymousreply 138May 11, 2024 12:55 PM

[quote]Israel's entry is one of my favourites this year, but I absolutely do not want to see it win because countries would withdraw en masse if it's hosted in Tel Aviv next year

That's a positive.

Of course it's debatable whether Tel Aviv would host it seeing as they're still being targeted with rockets and drone attacks from neighbouring countries but if countries refuse to participate then they're welcome to.

Next year is the 80th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps.

The Eurovision slogan could be "We said Never Again and we fucking mean it"

by Anonymousreply 139May 11, 2024 12:59 PM

It's not a positive, it's extremely hard to get countries back once they've left ESC. And for what, to prove a point about some conflict that's been going on for thousands of years and will continue for probably a thousand more? Not everything in the world needs to be touched by it, we're not going to solve it either here on DL or on the ESC stage.

by Anonymousreply 140May 11, 2024 1:12 PM

Israel isn’t in Europe. Why are they even included to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 141May 11, 2024 1:23 PM

Because this isn't a European contest, it's a contest organised by the European Broadcasting Union, which has members all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 142May 11, 2024 1:26 PM

Ireland is now asking for Israel to be disqualified over what their commentator said about her before her performance. Saying she spoke negatively of Israel and so on.

What. A. Mess.

by Anonymousreply 143May 11, 2024 1:31 PM

You'd think the fact the UK+Norway let alone Russia Kazakhstan, the Caucasus countries and Australia all compete would have tipped people off its not related to the EU

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2024 1:31 PM

r144 Indeed. Australia getting an invitation in 2015 was due to the fact that their broadcaster had been showing this contest every year for decades beforehand and so they got rewarded for their enthusiasm. If Canada, the US, Brazil and others had a similar tradition, they would probably have received the invitation by now as well.

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2024 1:36 PM

Ireland, Greece and Switzerland have now apparently formed an impromptu union and boycotted the rehearsals unless the EBU investigated the comments by the Israeli commentator. Apparently, her complaint has been taken seriously and that investigation is happening as I type.

There's such a thing as too much drama and this is it.

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2024 1:41 PM

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2024 1:49 PM

I've said it before, but the power of that one strip of dirt on our planet to drive people crazy like that is just incredible. It's 2024 and we're still fighting over the same shit as two millennia ago.

by Anonymousreply 148May 11, 2024 1:58 PM

Countries are getting booted out because they’re getting into fistfights with the Israelis there. Europe is fucking nuts and especially gays supporting Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2024 2:08 PM

Who is we, R148?

This isn’t about Israel it’s about Jews. 90 years ago European nations were appeasing the fascist regime planning to exterminate Jews.

Eurovision fans were happy to accept white coloniser nation Australia as a member a few years back. You know what they did to their indigenous population?

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2024 2:09 PM

r149 No one got into a fight with Israelis, the Dutch guy allegedly threatened a Swedish photographer.

r150 Following your logic, Germany should come nowhere near Eurovision, ever. Like I said, this contest isn't about re-litigating old slights and healing trauma from centuries ago, it's about looking forward and hopefully building something better. We've all seen where constant squabbling has gotten us in the past, you really think that's a good recipe for the future as well?

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2024 2:12 PM

French performer stopped his song mid-rehearsal, urged for peace, and left.

I actually don't think I have the nerves to watch tonight's show live, I might just watch the recording tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2024 2:27 PM

The "cut to commercial!" or in the BBCs case "Cut to Graham Norton downing another shot!" button will be in heavy use in the stadium tonight

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2024 2:35 PM

Israel winning would be insane. The best outcome is second place for them.

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2024 2:42 PM

The booing is non-stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2024 2:43 PM

These commies should hear themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2024 2:44 PM

You watch what’s going on and truly understand how WWII was able to happen. Europe is disgusting and the alphabet mafia should be ashamed of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2024 2:45 PM

A crazy finale with lots of anti Israel protests and booing would be funny if it resulted in blowback from the voting public. But it would ruin the night for those who are invested in this cheesy contest. The troll in me would love a win by Israel though..

by Anonymousreply 158May 11, 2024 2:50 PM

[quote][R150] Following your logic, Germany should come nowhere near Eurovision, ever. Like I said, this contest isn't about re-litigating old slights and healing trauma from centuries ago, it's about looking forward and hopefully building something better. We've all seen where constant squabbling has gotten us in the past, you really think that's a good recipe for the future as well?

I agree with that. But the "we're squabbling about the same shit 2 millennia ago" argument is just Jew blaming and refuses to acknowledge the real problem.

[quote]French performer stopped his song mid-rehearsal, urged for peace, and left.

Eurovision has stopped being a song competition and the acts are now competing over who can be considered the most virtuous.

The Nazi Barbie Witch and the other anti Israel contestants could have quit on principle long before now but now they weren't principled enough so now want maximum sabotage and martyrdom.

by Anonymousreply 159May 11, 2024 3:00 PM

The number of not-so-subtle anti-Semitic comments and conspiracy theories I've seen on Reddit and elsewhere about this really make me want the Israeli chick to win just to see the meltdowns. These nuts are acting like children over what is honestly a pretty trashy pop contest.

by Anonymousreply 160May 11, 2024 3:27 PM

Isn’t the Israeli contestant a tranny?

by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2024 3:38 PM

No darling, that was 1998.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 11, 2024 3:40 PM

Meanwhile Hamas have issued a new hostage video of British Israeli Nadav Popplewell who has a badly bruised face and black eye.

by Anonymousreply 163May 11, 2024 3:44 PM

Welp, so much for this thread. Off to Reddit I go!

by Anonymousreply 164May 11, 2024 3:47 PM

The mods in the Eurovision subreddit cracked down on everything about half an hour ago, removed some posts, and made an official updates thread and set it to contest mode (which has pissed them all off) to prevent all the posting of rumors and gossip and trash that was going on. So the craziness is now a bit more contained. But it's still there and will probably get worse over the next few hours. (The Grand Final starts in like three hours.) I think Croatia is still predicted to come in first by the gambling sites (Israel is currently second most likely), but even the possibility of an Israeli victory has them going crazy.

by Anonymousreply 165May 11, 2024 3:57 PM

I guess a lot of Europeans are focusing their attention on the second half of “Never Again”.

by Anonymousreply 166May 11, 2024 3:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 11, 2024 4:36 PM

Some of the tweets I've been seeing from Eurovision gays and bloggers are so borderline hysterical I'm crying laughing reading them. They are DEMANDING RESIGNATIONS!

They remind me of the girls who film themselves shrieking when Taylor Swift starts singing a particular song.

Eurovision fanatics, Harry Potter fanatics and Doctor Who fanatics are a really odd bunch. GERRA FUCKING LIFE YOU SAD CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 168May 11, 2024 4:47 PM

“EUROVISION winner Loreen has refused to hand over the trophy to Israel's Eden”

Golan if she wins tonight. The two-time champion has told producers she will break protocol and not do the regular handover due to the nation's conflict in Gaza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 11, 2024 5:19 PM

Hearing unconfirmed reports that Johnny Logan has refused to wipe his bum after a post curry poo in protest at Israel's participation in Eurovision.

by Anonymousreply 170May 11, 2024 5:26 PM

Every once in a while there is a song that transcends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 11, 2024 5:29 PM

I have a hard time believing Israel will win just because all these folks crying will back Croatia over anyone else to stop it, but I so hope it happens.

by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2024 5:32 PM

Someone pull out the fainting couch for me

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2024 5:47 PM

Joost was cute. Fuck this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 174May 11, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote]I have a hard time believing Israel will win just because all these folks crying will back Croatia over anyone else to stop it, but I so hope it happens.

The problem with the anti Israel vote is that it's fragmented. Some will go for Croatia but a lot will go for Irish Nazi Barbie and Swiss Twink. There doesn't appear to be a coordinated stop Israel campaign just a lot of bitching and pearl clutching.

And then there's the casual voters who will just vote for the song they like, a lot of which will be on cultural lines.

If there are anti Israel protests as part of the show then I'd say that's more likely to encourage non polarised people to throw a vote or two to Israel. There's a strong bullying vibe.

by Anonymousreply 175May 11, 2024 6:01 PM

“ Joost was cute.”

No. No, he wasn’t. He is quite ugly.

by Anonymousreply 176May 11, 2024 6:12 PM

I read that the Irish singer cried when she heard Israel qualified for the final. MARY!!!

Lord... I guess I have to watch this cheesefest after all.

by Anonymousreply 177May 11, 2024 6:18 PM

Joost was happy to perform in Russia after they invaded Ukraine. So much for peace peace love love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 11, 2024 6:19 PM

[quote]I read that the Irish singer cried when she heard Israel qualified for the final. MARY!!! Lord... I guess I have to watch this cheesefest after all.

HATE CRIME HATE CRIME.

The Irish singer is a NON BINARY QUEER WITCH.

THEY cried when THEY heard Israel qualified for the final.

by Anonymousreply 179May 11, 2024 6:22 PM

[quote] I doubt every country's public vote will put Israel in the top 3 but a lot of casual viewers will vote for Eden out of solidarity.

Frankly, unless they are Jewish or are passionate supporters of the Israeli state, I don’t see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 180May 11, 2024 6:24 PM

The Israeli contestant is being scapegoated for a situation she has no control over, and has made no public comment on. This is becoming very ugly.

by Anonymousreply 181May 11, 2024 6:31 PM

Nonbinary and anti Israel go hand in hand. It's like a syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 182May 11, 2024 6:34 PM

There are actually people online who say that this contest determines whether something is genocide or not. They really think they’re watching the UN play out.

by Anonymousreply 183May 11, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]Frankly, unless they are Jewish or are passionate supporters of the Israeli state, I don’t see that happening.

People don't like bullies and see a young woman singing a song about the murder of her friends at a music event and sustaining a torrent of abuse from the people around her.

You don't have to be Jewish or a "passionate supporter of the Israeli state" to get that.

by Anonymousreply 184May 11, 2024 6:46 PM

Actual comment:

“And they issued new evacuation orders for Rafah today. This is no coincidence.

The Zionists are going to kill scores of families under the cover of Eurovision.”

by Anonymousreply 185May 11, 2024 6:48 PM

Has Nazi Barbie commented yet on Zionists killing witch children and drinking their blood?

by Anonymousreply 186May 11, 2024 6:51 PM

Olly is drenched in sweat already and it's only the flag parade, dear Lord.

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2024 7:09 PM

The Armenian Ricky Martin lookalike is so damn cute and the little dance he did was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 188May 11, 2024 7:11 PM

Opening with the shittiest song this year. Benjamin Ingrosso already did this and did it much better. Go away, Norwegian soccer twin(k)s.

by Anonymousreply 189May 11, 2024 7:20 PM

LOL.

[quote]Greta Thunberg just escorted away by the police outside the arena for demonstrating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2024 7:24 PM

The Dutch should throw their votes to Israel to add to the chaos and also as a Fuck You to the EBU.

Too many people don’t know that co-hostess Malin Akerman was in the brilliant HBO series The Comeback (as a California girl) with Lisa Kudrow and DL favorite Kellan Lutz.

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2024 7:27 PM

Greta was wrapped in a head-to-toe keffiyeh with a rocket launcher strapped to her back, and shouting "Allahu Akbar!"

by Anonymousreply 192May 11, 2024 7:28 PM

Augustus Gloop!

by Anonymousreply 193May 11, 2024 7:29 PM

I had completely forgotten Malin was in The Comeback, holy shit. Time for a rewatch soon, I think. Or maybe not, I'll just get sad now that the actor who played Mickey is dead.

by Anonymousreply 194May 11, 2024 7:30 PM

Who is this German pyromaniac?

by Anonymousreply 195May 11, 2024 7:31 PM

Did Luxembourg leave Eurovision for 34 years in a snit?

Did we all enjoy Ukraine's semen imagery? She was running up that hill of raining cum!

by Anonymousreply 196May 11, 2024 7:32 PM

Luxembourg chose one hell of a year to return to the contest, I feel bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 197May 11, 2024 7:32 PM

Sexy backup dancers, round 1.

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2024 7:33 PM

All these hot backup dancers better be fucking each others like rabbits in Malmö, otherwise what's the point in being hot and a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2024 7:34 PM

Petra did a Grindr joke on the first semifinal broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 200May 11, 2024 7:36 PM

Sexy backup dancers,.round 2: Mescal mullet edition.

by Anonymousreply 201May 11, 2024 7:37 PM

Malin is there as a host to make Americans feel safe with her American accent. You know how delicate they are...

by Anonymousreply 202May 11, 2024 7:38 PM

Call me crazy, but Lithuania's song is growing on me. He has such a smooth faggy vocal, like honey.

by Anonymousreply 203May 11, 2024 7:40 PM

Lithuania is my fave so far.

by Anonymousreply 204May 11, 2024 7:43 PM

❤️ Petra

by Anonymousreply 205May 11, 2024 7:47 PM

Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 11, 2024 7:47 PM

Omg, the Spanish bitch next. Slay, mama, slay!

by Anonymousreply 207May 11, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote]Malin is there as a host to make Americans feel safe with her American accent. You know how delicate they are...

Not today, Satan Child.

by Anonymousreply 208May 11, 2024 7:48 PM

Sexy backup dancers, round 3! 🐻

by Anonymousreply 209May 11, 2024 7:49 PM

The BBC iPlayer signal sucks live on my VPN so I’ve hopped over to RTE/Ireland. The signal there is great. I’ll watch the BBC broadcast tonight just to enjoy Graham Norton’s deliciousness.

by Anonymousreply 210May 11, 2024 7:49 PM

Backup dancers: Bear 1 and Bear 2!

by Anonymousreply 211May 11, 2024 7:51 PM

Zoomers are completely radicalized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 11, 2024 7:51 PM

I keep seeing the videos of the booing of Eden from within the auditorium and wonder what they're trying to prove.

All those gay men bravely booing a young woman! How brave!

by Anonymousreply 213May 11, 2024 7:52 PM

María was so much more animated today, good for her! And she didn't butcher the two high notes either. At least the Spanish gays will be happy today.

by Anonymousreply 214May 11, 2024 7:52 PM

And not a top to be seen in 100 kilometre radius!

by Anonymousreply 215May 11, 2024 7:52 PM

What is up with all the trannies on this show??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 11, 2024 7:53 PM

Ugh...what is this cacophony. Yuck

by Anonymousreply 217May 11, 2024 7:53 PM

R213, they’re piping in fake cheers on the broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 218May 11, 2024 7:53 PM

They keep performing the same song?

by Anonymousreply 219May 11, 2024 7:53 PM

Estonia's straights are trying to hype up the gays in the audience with their aggressively heterosexual song and it's just not happening.

by Anonymousreply 220May 11, 2024 7:54 PM

Estonia is terrible. Legitimately terrible.

by Anonymousreply 221May 11, 2024 7:54 PM

Pretty sure Graham Norton just committed a hate crime and misgendered Nazi Barbie, referring to her as "her" and then correcting himself to "them"

by Anonymousreply 222May 11, 2024 7:57 PM

r218, i'm sure r213 was aware of that. Read his comment again. He was talking about the pathetic audience.

by Anonymousreply 223May 11, 2024 7:57 PM

Hold me David, I'm scared

by Anonymousreply 224May 11, 2024 7:57 PM

The country that produced U2, Sinead, the Cranberries, the Pogues, etc. couldn't submit anything better than this?

by Anonymousreply 225May 11, 2024 7:59 PM

Ireland sucks as well. Just scream after scream.

by Anonymousreply 226May 11, 2024 7:59 PM

UK here.

Graham Norton is no Terry Wogan. Terry’s sly commentary was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 227May 11, 2024 7:59 PM

r225 You should have seen the bland crap they were sending year after year. At least it's something different. Makes people have a reaction, even if it's a bad one.

by Anonymousreply 228May 11, 2024 8:00 PM

Latvian Hozier with his false marketing – there's no way there's a six pack under there, yet the wine moms everywhere will fall for it and vote for him in droves.

by Anonymousreply 229May 11, 2024 8:02 PM

It's not my jam, but they executed the goth thing exquisitely.

by Anonymousreply 230May 11, 2024 8:02 PM

Greece's music video is so good, but this TikTok staging isn't it. Cute gay dancers, though.

by Anonymousreply 231May 11, 2024 8:04 PM

This year's crop of male dancers is fantastic..

by Anonymousreply 232May 11, 2024 8:05 PM

Greece is so Zzzz. (I haven't seen the music video.)

by Anonymousreply 233May 11, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote]UK here. Graham Norton is no Terry Wogan. Terry’s sly commentary was hilarious.

Rylan was fantastic for the semi finals. Norton is too big a name to drop but he's just so jaded now.

by Anonymousreply 234May 11, 2024 8:07 PM

Oh, gawd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 11, 2024 8:07 PM

What was that nappy/diaper Greece was wearing?

by Anonymousreply 236May 11, 2024 8:07 PM

Olly A, serving cunt as usual.

by Anonymousreply 237May 11, 2024 8:08 PM

I just can't with the gold teeth, stained wife beaters, etc. Too trashy to be erotic. (It's probably supposed to be funny, I guess?)

by Anonymousreply 238May 11, 2024 8:11 PM

Omg, I just realised this song is about fisting!

by Anonymousreply 239May 11, 2024 8:11 PM

More Mescal mullets!

by Anonymousreply 240May 11, 2024 8:12 PM

Glorious staging, one of the best by Britain EVER. Still, I wish Greece could teach him how not to run out of breath when you're dancing around that much.

by Anonymousreply 241May 11, 2024 8:12 PM

Don't laugh r170, here's Greta's mum representing Sweden - tonight's host and the most Eurovision of Eurovision nations - at the 2009 Eurovision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 11, 2024 8:16 PM

Well, that EBU song was a piece of shit. And now Norway..

by Anonymousreply 243May 11, 2024 8:16 PM

It was terrible production. They are on the top edge of the screen for too long and it was too much negative space. Collapsed the image/tableau.

by Anonymousreply 244May 11, 2024 8:17 PM

Norway has so much fucking money and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 245May 11, 2024 8:17 PM

Norway looks like Ukraine without the cumming.

by Anonymousreply 246May 11, 2024 8:19 PM

I had exactly one note for Italy after the rehearsals – to sand down the screechy "morire" – and she fully listened to my feedback. I love it when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 247May 11, 2024 8:22 PM

Italy feeling bland means the bar is high.

by Anonymousreply 248May 11, 2024 8:24 PM

Italy's set gave me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 249May 11, 2024 8:26 PM

Serbia is singing about genocide-adjacent stuff right now, believe it or not. Beautiful chorus, but quite forgettable everything else.

by Anonymousreply 250May 11, 2024 8:28 PM

So much male nudity!

by Anonymousreply 251May 11, 2024 8:30 PM

Okay, I think Finland's song just clicked for me out of nowhere, sue me.

by Anonymousreply 252May 11, 2024 8:31 PM

Weird Al is competing for Finland, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 253May 11, 2024 8:32 PM

Sorry, I know it's supposed to be camp, but I hate it

by Anonymousreply 254May 11, 2024 8:32 PM

And now back to self-serious stuff. Artsy, super tasteful crap from Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 255May 11, 2024 8:34 PM

If they're aware of themselves trying to be campy, it's nit camp.

by Anonymousreply 256May 11, 2024 8:35 PM

Not*

by Anonymousreply 257May 11, 2024 8:37 PM

Armenia's is so wholesome and delightful. Having said that, I wish to be inside the Ricky Martin lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 258May 11, 2024 8:39 PM

Armenia's is fun.

by Anonymousreply 259May 11, 2024 8:40 PM

And Cyprus has zero originality.

by Anonymousreply 260May 11, 2024 8:42 PM

The Cypriot dancing twinks are leaving their souls on that stage right now, it's the only redeemable thing about this boring entry.

by Anonymousreply 261May 11, 2024 8:43 PM

Ireland and Switzerland entries are performance art, not actual songs.

by Anonymousreply 262May 11, 2024 8:46 PM

Yeah, they both give off big drama student energy. Everything but the kitchen sink sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 263May 11, 2024 8:47 PM

The Swiss twink looks like he's been styled by someone who found a bag dumped outside a charity shop.

The skirt/tights/trainers combo are just no.

by Anonymousreply 264May 11, 2024 8:48 PM

God, I thought Switzerland would never end. One idea repeated for three minutes.

by Anonymousreply 265May 11, 2024 8:49 PM

Slovenia's a performance worthy of Melania.

by Anonymousreply 266May 11, 2024 8:56 PM

She's singing about heavy subject matter – the first recorded witch trial in our lands – but the song and the staging just aren't on the same level as other entries. She should not have qualified.

by Anonymousreply 267May 11, 2024 8:57 PM

Favourite to win now – Croatia!

by Anonymousreply 268May 11, 2024 8:57 PM

Okay, yeah, just give it to Croatia and let's start the healing process already.

by Anonymousreply 269May 11, 2024 9:00 PM

Adored the Swiss entry. Puts all the others to shame, really.

by Anonymousreply 270May 11, 2024 9:01 PM

The Croatian song sucks.

by Anonymousreply 271May 11, 2024 9:01 PM

Not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 272May 11, 2024 9:02 PM

Croatia - wiped the floor with everyone. Iconic performance. Only Norway anywhere near.

by Anonymousreply 273May 11, 2024 9:02 PM

Georgia's dancers might be my favourite. I've had a soft spot for Georgian gays ever since that wonderful movie And Then We Danced (2019).

by Anonymousreply 274May 11, 2024 9:03 PM

Please no. Put the lasagna on thr floor and let the dog have it

by Anonymousreply 275May 11, 2024 9:04 PM

My 20 votes from here in NYC go to Israel if only to see that Bambie Thug bitch cry and to see that fug Swedish cunt Loreen walk off (she is refusing to hand over the trophy to Israel).

by Anonymousreply 276May 11, 2024 9:05 PM

Slimane makes me swoon.

by Anonymousreply 277May 11, 2024 9:06 PM

France sent the same song for the third year in a row and yet, it just works!

by Anonymousreply 278May 11, 2024 9:08 PM

Boring ballad, no fireworks, no half naked dancers...zzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 279May 11, 2024 9:08 PM

This Brighton bit was hilarious. Short and sweet.

Austrian dancebot up next!

by Anonymousreply 280May 11, 2024 9:11 PM

And the award for most overwrought, humorless performance goes to France

by Anonymousreply 281May 11, 2024 9:12 PM

Another fembot.

by Anonymousreply 282May 11, 2024 9:13 PM

Austria. Literally...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 11, 2024 9:14 PM

Austria triggers the whore portion of my Madonna-whore complex, bigly!

by Anonymousreply 284May 11, 2024 9:14 PM

I aspire to Austria's level of CUNT on a daily basis, but especially when I'm walking down the street and there are cute construction workers on a lunch break in sight.

by Anonymousreply 285May 11, 2024 9:16 PM

Current odds with my UK based turf accountant

To win outright:

Croatia 1.57

Israel 4.00

Switzerland 5.50

Ireland 15.00

France 15.00

Televote winner

Israel 1.57

Croatia 2.37

Ireland 13.00

Ukraine 15.00

Finland 17.00

Switzerland 17.00

To finish last

UK 3.00

Germany 3.75

Luxembourg 4.00

Spain 6.00

by Anonymousreply 286May 11, 2024 9:16 PM

I have no idea where Luxembourg found those two brown dancers, but they are absolutely exquisite to look at.

by Anonymousreply 287May 11, 2024 9:19 PM

Italy bursting with various pride flags in the green room is an unexpected, but welcome development.

by Anonymousreply 288May 11, 2024 9:20 PM

My favorites were Lithuania, Armenia, and Ukraine. Spain was fun because it was so very Eurovision. But obviously my tastes don't align with the average viewer.

by Anonymousreply 289May 11, 2024 9:21 PM

Non-existent Austrian hips don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 290May 11, 2024 9:22 PM

Now this is camp.

by Anonymousreply 291May 11, 2024 9:25 PM

ABBA could never, this is so much better.

by Anonymousreply 292May 11, 2024 9:26 PM

Oh no, ABBA holograms. They really shouldn't have.

by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2024 9:29 PM

I feel bad for the Swedish crown princess, having to listen to this booing tonight, but no one forced her to come in person.

by Anonymousreply 294May 11, 2024 9:33 PM

I'm sure a lot of people are disappointed it's all gone to plan tonight after all the drama behind the scenes.

The calls to Eurovision forever has been postponed.

by Anonymousreply 295May 11, 2024 9:34 PM

OH, god, what version of the pride flag was that queen waving? So many things added to it. (Roll eyes)

by Anonymousreply 296May 11, 2024 9:39 PM

Okay, let's get Loreen out of the way now and then on to voting.

by Anonymousreply 297May 11, 2024 9:40 PM

Loreen on a gyno chair? Already looks much better than the panini press.

by Anonymousreply 298May 11, 2024 9:41 PM

What makes me special? I am queer....and I'ma WIIIIIIIITTTTTTCHHHHHHHH !

by Anonymousreply 299May 11, 2024 9:42 PM

Okay...enough already

by Anonymousreply 300May 11, 2024 9:46 PM

All of Loreen’s tired-ass shit sounds the same. Mediocrity personified.

by Anonymousreply 301May 11, 2024 9:47 PM

I wish we could watch the color commentary in the US. I seem to recall it being broadcast last year.

by Anonymousreply 302May 11, 2024 9:49 PM

Norway deserves nil points for that caterwauling.

by Anonymousreply 303May 11, 2024 9:49 PM

It's midnight and we haven't started doling out the votes yet, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 304May 11, 2024 9:50 PM

I truly hope this is the last day I ever have to see or hear Bambie Thug.

by Anonymousreply 305May 11, 2024 9:51 PM

r302 Peacock's stream doesn't have any commentary this year, I think Queers For Palestine got to Johnny Weir and he noped out.

by Anonymousreply 306May 11, 2024 9:51 PM

Martin Osterdahl is swiftly losing his looks. I’d still drain his Swedish lizard dry, though.

by Anonymousreply 307May 11, 2024 9:53 PM

Seeing a lot of tweets from people attacking British Jews and others supporting Israel tonight accusing them of disloyalty by not voting for the UK...

by Anonymousreply 308May 11, 2024 9:54 PM

So much booing for the handsome Martin, ouch. The immediately turned on the anti-booing technology as soon as they switched back to Petra, lol.

by Anonymousreply 309May 11, 2024 9:54 PM

Patsy!

by Anonymousreply 310May 11, 2024 9:55 PM

We get an "absolutely fabulous" from Joanna Lumley, how nice!

by Anonymousreply 311May 11, 2024 9:56 PM

The anti-Israel hate is so ridiculous and so obvious. Oh well, it's not like this matters anyway.

by Anonymousreply 312May 11, 2024 9:58 PM

God, Switzerland is going to win. So ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 313May 11, 2024 9:59 PM

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 314May 11, 2024 10:00 PM

Why? Its's the best song in the show

by Anonymousreply 315May 11, 2024 10:00 PM

Current odds

Croatia 1.80

Switzerland 1.91

Israel 17.00

Ireland 17.00

by Anonymousreply 316May 11, 2024 10:01 PM

Croatia's jury voting strategically and giving Switzerland zero points, hilarious but they're always like that.

by Anonymousreply 317May 11, 2024 10:01 PM

That Bambie song is iconic.

by Anonymousreply 318May 11, 2024 10:01 PM

Aren't Azerbaijan and Albania pretty homophobic? I'm surprised they would go for Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 319May 11, 2024 10:02 PM

UK still pointless, may it stay that way!

Israel giving 12 points to Luxembourg with its Israeli singer is funny

by Anonymousreply 320May 11, 2024 10:03 PM

Oh Australia gave UK points

by Anonymousreply 321May 11, 2024 10:04 PM

UK just got its first four points from Australia, you spoke too soon, r320.

by Anonymousreply 322May 11, 2024 10:05 PM

Boo Australia...dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 323May 11, 2024 10:05 PM

Norway with the northern lights, how apropos right now.

by Anonymousreply 324May 11, 2024 10:07 PM

LOL Norway gave Israel 8 points, maybe that's why the dumb bitch originally scheduled to announce pulled out and made a song and dance about it

by Anonymousreply 325May 11, 2024 10:07 PM

Kudos to Norway jury to going against the anti-Israel hate and ranking them fairly.

by Anonymousreply 326May 11, 2024 10:08 PM

Norwegian jury giving eight points to Israel, holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 327May 11, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] I wish we could watch the color commentary

The what?

by Anonymousreply 328May 11, 2024 10:09 PM

Croatia doing worse with the juries than I imagined, I don't know if they can be saved by the televote at this point.

by Anonymousreply 329May 11, 2024 10:09 PM

"Is there something wrong with the way I look?

Is there something wrong with who I am?"

Yes

by Anonymousreply 330May 11, 2024 10:11 PM

Greece? Jesus, what an obvious game playing vote.

by Anonymousreply 331May 11, 2024 10:13 PM

0 for Estonia, how embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 332May 11, 2024 10:13 PM

r331 Yes, that was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 333May 11, 2024 10:14 PM

Greece gave Cyprus 10 points? What a surprise!

by Anonymousreply 334May 11, 2024 10:17 PM

r329 I actually take this back – he isn't the best vocalist, so that's obviously coming back to bite him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 335May 11, 2024 10:18 PM

Yay Estonia got points!

by Anonymousreply 336May 11, 2024 10:20 PM

First two points to Estonia from Austria, which means no one is going home with nul points tonight!

by Anonymousreply 337May 11, 2024 10:20 PM

Miss thang got his political speech out. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 338May 11, 2024 10:20 PM

R115, it’s not even a fucking song, it’s performance art. But the kid is very sweet and I wouldn’t mind if he won.

The old Irish fart doing the commentary for RTE is bigging up Bambie Thug but he’s delusional. That little troll ain’t coming close to winning.

by Anonymousreply 339May 11, 2024 10:21 PM

"The Zionists" are responsible for everything in the eyes of the fools. Bad cup of coffee from the cafe? Must have been them Jews...

by Anonymousreply 340May 11, 2024 10:24 PM

Norway being that low with the juries is crazy to me, her vocals were impeccable. On the other hand, a lot of that song is literally just howling.

by Anonymousreply 341May 11, 2024 10:29 PM

I for one look forward to Marcus & Martinus's upcoming collab with Austin Wolf

by Anonymousreply 342May 11, 2024 10:32 PM

Okay, televote next, moment of truth. I'm about to have a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 343May 11, 2024 10:32 PM

Who announced the jury votes for Sweden? Hot looking kid.

by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2024 10:32 PM

Ireland will be disappointed with the points from the jury vote after all the hype

by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2024 10:33 PM

Switzerland (365) has 25 more jury points than Loreen had last year (340).

by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2024 10:33 PM

22 out of 37 juries gave 12 points to Switzerland. Loreen had only 15.

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2024 10:34 PM

Keep in mind that the juries voted yesterday when the Dutch were still in it. So all the 2nd place Swiss rankings became 1st place in terms of the 12 points if the Netherlands was ahead. The Dutch being out made it harder for an upset by one of the less likely countires.

by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2024 10:35 PM

My 20 Hell's Kitchen votes went to France.

by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2024 10:35 PM

Holy shit, Finland bombed in the televote!

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2024 10:35 PM

Nobody will care tommorow anyway

by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2024 10:38 PM

Zero points for the UK, absolutely shameful!

by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2024 10:38 PM

LOL zero points for Olly

and double LOL for Israel's 323 points more

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2024 10:39 PM

OOOOH shit

by Anonymousreply 354May 11, 2024 10:39 PM

0 audience points for Olly.

by Anonymousreply 355May 11, 2024 10:39 PM

Booing for Israel is so bad, Malin could barely hear the result, yikes!

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2024 10:39 PM

Israel nearly 100 points ahead of Nazi Barbie

by Anonymousreply 357May 11, 2024 10:41 PM

Why is Israel there? It's not European.

by Anonymousreply 358May 11, 2024 10:41 PM

Why Israel got so many points?

by Anonymousreply 359May 11, 2024 10:42 PM

Could Switzerland lose it from here seeing as Ukraine and Israel took so many public votes?

by Anonymousreply 360May 11, 2024 10:42 PM

Someone with a calculator worked out who won 5 minutes ago

by Anonymousreply 361May 11, 2024 10:45 PM

Well, there you have it, it's Switzerland.

by Anonymousreply 362May 11, 2024 10:46 PM

Johnny Weir should be happy. This guy reminds me of him,

by Anonymousreply 363May 11, 2024 10:47 PM

Zzz. Boring outcome. If the Dutch had still been it, the Swiss would've not received all those 12 points and an upset by Croatia or whatever was more likely. Oh well. No one will care tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 364May 11, 2024 10:48 PM

[quote]If the Dutch had still been it, the Swiss would've not received all those 12 points and an upset by Croatia or whatever was more likely.

I don't know, I think the televote would have been split even more and Switzerland would have dominated even more with their huge jury vote.

by Anonymousreply 365May 11, 2024 10:51 PM

Am I the only one who finds the ridiculously high amounts of votes given by the public to Israel and Ukraine to be suspiciously high? And let's not even talk about Switzerland's victory... Come on! The Code is a catchy song, but it's nothing special. Croatia's entry was much better and infinitely more original. I am also shocked by the fact that Austria, Spain and Finland have performed so badly - their entries were much better than all of the highest ranking songs.

by Anonymousreply 366May 11, 2024 10:51 PM

Canadian flag in the background to end the whole thing, lol.

by Anonymousreply 367May 11, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote]Am I the only one who finds the ridiculously high amounts of votes given by the public to Israel and Ukraine to be suspiciously high?

It's not that suspicious, Ukraine still gets lots of love from its neighbours and as we've seen in this thread, people even in the US voted for Israel.

I suspect all this voting love will calm down substantially by next year and we'll have a "normal" Eurovision again. Famous last words...

by Anonymousreply 368May 11, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote]Am I the only one who finds the ridiculously high amounts of votes given by the public to Israel and Ukraine to be suspiciously high?

Were you in a coma 2 years ago when Ukraine won?

There's still a huge amount of good will for Ukraine and of course there are Ukrainians spread across Europe as a result of the war. And the treatment of Eden Golan has been appalling, so she's generate a significant public vote from solidarity as well as the Jewish diaspora and those filthy Zionists.

by Anonymousreply 369May 11, 2024 10:54 PM

and HOWLING that Olly Alexander got ZERO POINTS from the public across Europe.

No doubt it will be ANTI QUEER PREJUDICE and not because the song was pitchy and the performance made Sam Smith's nipple tassle twirls look subtle

by Anonymousreply 370May 11, 2024 10:57 PM

Olly's staging was so good and so homoerotic, why no love for him from the public? Was he really *that* off vocally?

by Anonymousreply 371May 11, 2024 11:01 PM

r366, I'm American and I cast all my votes (20 per payment method) for Israel. I imagine a lot of others did the same. I'm not surprised by the public support for Israel, just as I'm not surprised that Israel got shafted by a lot of the juries due to anti-Israel hate/politics. And Ukraine? Come on. Everyone feels for Ukraine right now...

by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2024 11:05 PM

R371 No he was fine, the rest of the world was bending over for Israel this year.

by Anonymousreply 373May 11, 2024 11:06 PM

OK, I was not impressed at all by the UK. His singing was off. And I couldn't tell if that routine was supposed to be homoerotic, funny, or both, but it was neither to me. The whole gold teeth, dirty shirt, trashy look isn't for me. So there was literally nothing to enjoy, and I'm not shocked that the UK got 0 points from other countries. If you say he's normally good, I'll take your word for it. But not tonight.

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2024 11:09 PM

Where are you?

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2024 11:10 PM

Zürich 2025 should be interesting, they last won in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 376May 11, 2024 11:11 PM

Ireland have Israel 10 points (second place) on the public vote. LOL

by Anonymousreply 377May 11, 2024 11:12 PM

Congratulations Israel ❤

by Anonymousreply 378May 11, 2024 11:13 PM

[quote]The whole gold teeth, dirty shirt, trashy look isn't for me.

Chav look. Those boys looked straight out of Triga, a British porn studio I frequent often for my sensual needs.

by Anonymousreply 379May 11, 2024 11:14 PM

Now that the first non-binary performer has won, hopefully they can stop treating that as a novelty that needs to be rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 380May 11, 2024 11:15 PM

So basically R372, you are admitting the fact that the votes have been deliberately inflated. That explains A LOT. This has been, as is often the case with voting in Eurovision, a complete sham. Israel's song was one of the best, I won't deny that, but they don't even deserve to participate - they are performing a genocide, for God's sake! Moreover, banning Russia from the contest for invading Ukraine but allowing Israel to participate while they are massacring children in Gaza, is the very height of hypocrisy.

As for the UK entry, I don't think that homoeroticism had anything to do with their dismal performance: the song wasn't better an worse than most others, and Olly hasn't sung any worse than Marina Satti or the horrible Bambie Thug. However, an ugly twink dressed like a low rent Harajuku Girl has won, so I doubt that homophobia has anything to do with his disastrous failure. Maybe the real problem is that the UK isn't anywhere near as popular as many would like to think that it is?

by Anonymousreply 381May 11, 2024 11:20 PM

Graham Norton kept using he him his when discussing Nemo. Hardly anyone noticed because Nemo is clearly a man dressed like Baby Spice from the waist down.

by Anonymousreply 382May 11, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote]Maybe the real problem is that the UK isn't anywhere near as popular as many would like to think that it is?

They came in second just two years ago! Shit happens, look at how many times Germany has bombed over the years and they just laugh it off, they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 383May 11, 2024 11:26 PM

I do want to be clear that I played by the rules. Eurovision allowed "the rest of the world" (non-Eurovision countries) to vote 20 times per payment method at a cost of one Euro per vote. It was explicitly made clear that you could vote more than 20 times if you used a different payment method. And the "rest of the world" votes were lumped together as a country, so we didn't help that much compared to all those European voters that put Israel up top in their countries. This was an anti-Israel Juries vote vs. Popular vote issue.

by Anonymousreply 384May 11, 2024 11:28 PM

r334, I had to look that up. (He was yummy!) His name is Frans and he came in 5th in the 2016 competition.

by Anonymousreply 385May 11, 2024 11:31 PM

Good little Catholic boy from Croatia bested by... HIM from The Powerpuff Girls.

I hope this doesn't result in a backlash against the gays over there, they really are salty right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 11, 2024 11:35 PM

[quote] Moreover, banning Russia from the contest for invading Ukraine but allowing Israel to participate while they are massacring children in Gaza, is the very height of hypocrisy.

You are a joke. No one should take posts like this seriously. Massacring children? Are Hamas terrorists wearing them on their chests as protective shields? Actually, probably. Were you this hysterical after Hamas started the war by massacring raping and torturing over 1200 innocent civilians at a music festival or…? This is war. If you Hamas supporters dont like it, tell them to not start one and return the hostages. Better yet, go volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 387May 12, 2024 12:00 AM

[quote]Olly's staging was so good and so homoerotic, why no love for him from the public? Was he really *that* off vocally?

I thought Olly's performance was excellent, as you'd expect from a seasoned pro. The problem was the staging, which was awkward and icky rather than erotic. Live from the Cannon Street Station toilets, with free E. coli refreshments!

It was nearly as uncomfortable as poor ol' Dons from Latvia. Darling, if you're going to slip on a PVC vest and loiter around an enormous sculpture of a cock ring, you have to own it! Channel your inner Daffyd Thomas! Instead, he came on as if he received an invite to a rubber fetish party but got the wrong address and ended up at a function for the Salvation Army.

by Anonymousreply 388May 12, 2024 12:05 AM

[quote] Olly's staging was so good and so homoerotic, why no love for him from the public? Was he really *that* off vocally?

Yes, it’s positively baffling that millions of straights didn’t decide to vote for the song staged as an orgy in a public toilet.

Seriously, I liked the song, but the vocals just didn’t have an impact on that stage and his performance was drowned out by a fairly sleazy choreography. He should have ditched the loo and bopped around the stage. It could have been a winner.

by Anonymousreply 389May 12, 2024 12:11 AM

The sound mix was TERRIBLE, burying the live vocals. Ironically, some of the least talented performers (e.g. Sweden) benefitted the most since their pre-recorded "support vocals" did the heavy lifting. I was shocked (if happy) that Nemo won given that he was more or less inaudible. From what I could tell, he was nailing it, but...

by Anonymousreply 390May 12, 2024 12:17 AM

[quote] Maybe the real problem is that the UK isn't anywhere near as popular as many would like to think that it is?

The UK got second place with Sam Ryder, who sang well and didn’t subject Europe to the aesthetics of a man-on-man fumble in a loo.

Europeans like the UK just fine. They just don’t give us points when we decide to go all edgy in a competition which calls for campy fun, especially when the performer doesn’t even deliver vocally. We did deserve them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2024 12:21 AM

*DID’NT deserve them.

Bah!

by Anonymousreply 392May 12, 2024 12:23 AM

Eurovision doesn't go for LOOS and KINK

by Anonymousreply 393May 12, 2024 12:37 AM

I'm baffled by the popular love for Croatia. It's monotonous (3 notes max), lyrically incoherent and sounds like something Davey Havok from AFI would've written after a transorbital lobotomy. Lumpen Euroshite.

by Anonymousreply 394May 12, 2024 1:09 AM

I liked the Croatian song.

by Anonymousreply 395May 12, 2024 1:11 AM

The chorus, which the song hinges on, was OK, but can we at least agree the verses don't amount to much? I think it's a song that could've been great if more work had been put into it, but as it is, it gestures to being anthemic without having earned it.

by Anonymousreply 396May 12, 2024 1:21 AM

I always watch the streaming on SVT (Sweden) and the color commentary is hilarious. When Norway got four televotes they chortled. The gasped, however, when the UK got zero. When Switzerland gave twelve points to Greece, the called it disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 397May 12, 2024 1:51 AM

R299, I thought she said "I'm 'a' queer," which is even more offensive.

I hope she plummets back into the obscurity she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 398May 12, 2024 4:43 AM

The more I listen to Croatia's song, the more annoyed I get with how derivative it is of last year's Finland's entry, which almost won. Right down to the green lighting in their staging. It just seemed too much like they were trying to hitch their wagon to success, which is never a good look. You can't really say the same about Switzerland, even though that song is not for me either. I do feel bad for them because the whole country was gripped by Baby Lasagna mania, while I haven't heard the same about Switzerland. They were more like, okay yeah, sure.

I kept forgetting all season long Norway had a song as well, which I should have seen as a red flag. In theory, it looks and sounds great, but howling doesn't seem to be for everyone.

Cyprus getting 44 televote points for that most basic bop is perplexing. Guess those barely legal twinks taking their shirts off did the trick, eh?

France will keep sending the same song until they win.

Spanish fans live in their own separate little world and I love that for them.

by Anonymousreply 399May 12, 2024 5:07 AM

I like to imagine that Switzerland is on the phone with Céline Dion as I type. I know she's half-statue these days, but Eurovision fans would fucking lose it if they wheeled her out next year. Maybe she could even sing a little tune? Then say something profound about how her life has changed since that 1988 win, making us all cry – and heal – in the process?

They need to pay her as much as she wants to make that happen, it's now or never!

by Anonymousreply 400May 12, 2024 5:13 AM

[quote]Yes, it’s positively baffling that millions of straights didn’t decide to vote for the song staged as an orgy in a public toilet. Seriously, I liked the song, but the vocals just didn’t have an impact on that stage and his performance was drowned out by a fairly sleazy choreography. He should have ditched the loo and bopped around the stage. It could have been a winner.

I'm not sure everyone will have taken the staging to have been in a public toilet but I heard so much commentary about it being the best staging ever and how it was designed for TV audiences with the dropping from the ceiling etc and it was just totally underwhelming and smacked of trying too hard to be controversial.

The song itself was half decent and if Steps had done it with Faye and Claire on vocals it would have done much better,

And the lack of public vote wasn't an anti gay thing when the public voted for the twink in the pink shirt after all.

by Anonymousreply 401May 12, 2024 6:18 AM

British people refusing to accept it when they're terrible. Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2024 6:23 AM

BTW the full breakdown of votes by country is below.

The only countries who didn't score Israel on the public vote were Croatia and Ukraine.

The only country who didn't score Switzerland on the public vote was Israel and the only country who didn't score Switzerland on the jury vote was Croatia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403May 12, 2024 6:25 AM

Despite the drama, it was a really strong year.

by Anonymousreply 404May 12, 2024 6:27 AM

I'm hearing elsewhere that the British entry was too vulgar and veered into parody. I... am slowly beginning to see that now.

I know that they contribute substantially to the contest, but out of all the Big 5 countries, they would benefit the most from not qualifying automatically. It would do wonders for their selection process and they wouldn't feel so traumatised every time they bombed with the public in the final.

by Anonymousreply 405May 12, 2024 6:27 AM

[quote]British people refusing to accept it when they're terrible. Groundbreaking.

Are you still on the meth binge hun?

There are a couple of positive comments about Olly Alexander here but the majority are that he sung badly and the staging was ugh.

by Anonymousreply 406May 12, 2024 6:27 AM

[quote]The only countries who didn't score Israel on the public vote were Croatia and Ukraine.

Antisemitism?

[quote]The only country who didn't score Switzerland on the public vote was Israel

Homophobia?

[quote]and the only country who didn't score Switzerland on the jury vote was Croatia.

Pure underhanded fuckery, glad they didn't win.

by Anonymousreply 407May 12, 2024 6:30 AM

Switzerland is at two million views on YouTube less than ten hours after the performance was uploaded. The Swiss are probably waking up and watching the clip as they're getting ready to go to church, going "We won the what now? Well, how much is *that* gonna cost?"

Looking at the comments though, a lot of it is just Yugo saltiness. Lots of homophobia and nasty stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 408May 12, 2024 6:42 AM

[quote]I'm hearing elsewhere that the British entry was too vulgar and veered into parody. I... am slowly beginning to see that now. I know that they contribute substantially to the contest, but out of all the Big 5 countries, they would benefit the most from not qualifying automatically. It would do wonders for their selection process and they wouldn't feel so traumatised every time they bombed with the public in the final.

I was trying to sleep last night and couldn't for the life of me remember who was the UK's entry last year and have just googled to remind me.

Everyone in the UK loved Sam Ryder, we loved his voice, loved his personality, loved the song. And we followed up Sam up with Mae Muller aka "the girl from that Mika video!" who was a sullen bratty cunty woman with an awful song that came last. Although unlike Olly Alexander she did get 4 votes from the public via Malta.

by Anonymousreply 409May 12, 2024 6:44 AM

Why is Eurovision so tacky?

by Anonymousreply 410May 12, 2024 6:45 AM

Because the VMAs and the Superbowl halftime performance are the height of sophistication?

by Anonymousreply 411May 12, 2024 6:46 AM

Céline beat Scott Fitzgerald by a single point back in 1988.

I wonder if Nemo's skirt was a throwback to her famous dress from that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 12, 2024 6:53 AM

How is it homophobia not to vote for Switzerland, r407? Nemo isn't a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 413May 12, 2024 6:54 AM

[quote] Because the VMAs and the Superbowl halftime performance are the height of sophistication?

Compared to Eurovision? Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 414May 12, 2024 6:55 AM

He's still queer coded!

by Anonymousreply 415May 12, 2024 6:56 AM

Queer is homophobia, r415. It's all about denying or complicatimg homosexuality and includes heterosexual people too.

by Anonymousreply 416May 12, 2024 6:58 AM

r414 I mean, not really, but okay. One is much, much sleazier in nature, and it's not Eurovision.

by Anonymousreply 417May 12, 2024 6:58 AM

Why would the Swiss not know what Eurovision is, r408? They practically invented it, have made one of the greatest number of appearances, and the European Broadcasting Union which runs Eurovision, is based in Switzerland. One of their previous winners (albeit not a Swiss national herself) launched her huge international career at Eurovision. Switzerland is a very wealthy country so I doubt they'd struggle to pay, and why do you think they all go to church on Sunday?

A gay man denying he's a man because he doesn't think it's ok for men to love men is the height of homophobia. Is Nemo a gay man, by the way? He could be straight.

by Anonymousreply 418May 12, 2024 7:04 AM

I’m, ok r417

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 12, 2024 7:22 AM

Um, not I’m

by Anonymousreply 420May 12, 2024 7:23 AM

UK here,

Olly Alexander deserved to get tanked. The song was a poor choice for Eurovision, and he is a deeply unappealing performer.

by Anonymousreply 421May 12, 2024 7:51 AM

There are 26 countries vying for votes on the final night and only10 of them are ultimately awarded points by the each participating nation,

Olly Alexander could have had the 11th highest number of votes in multiple countries but still didn't pick up up any points.

Tough titty, but that's how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 422May 12, 2024 7:53 AM

[quote] I'm hearing elsewhere that the British entry was too vulgar and veered into parody. I... am slowly beginning to see that now. I know that they contribute substantially to the contest, but out of all the Big 5 countries, they would benefit the most from not qualifying automatically. It would do wonders for their selection process and they wouldn't feel so traumatised every time they bombed with the public in the final.

What makes you think the Brits are traumatised? Our problem is that we never take the contest as seriously as we should. It’s always a bit of camp fun, and we decided to send a twink to simulate a gay orgy while failing to sing loud enough to be audible! The miracle is that we got any points from anyone for that nonsense!

by Anonymousreply 423May 12, 2024 8:23 AM

[quote] I'm not sure everyone will have taken the staging to have been in a public toilet but I heard so much commentary about it being the best staging ever and how it was designed for TV audiences with the dropping from the ceiling etc and it was just totally underwhelming and smacked of trying too hard to be controversial….And the lack of public vote wasn't an anti gay thing when the public voted for the twink in the pink shirt after all.

R401, the public voted for a nicely singing, inoffensive little boy who appeared virtually sexless in his fun bubblegum-coloured outfit, and dismissed the inaudible gayboy who was living his best life with 4 or 5 of his closest fuckbuddies in a public convenience.

This “nul points” reaction was entirely predictable!

by Anonymousreply 424May 12, 2024 8:31 AM

A 33 year old is a twink, r423?

by Anonymousreply 425May 12, 2024 8:38 AM

Olly Alexander can't perform without writhing around in some way. We even had to put up with this at the Brits with his dreadful down tempo "It's A Sin" cover. I just don't get why he has a career when there's so much better out there.

by Anonymousreply 426May 12, 2024 8:43 AM

R425, I didn’t know what age he was, but he looks (and was certainly styled as) much younger.

by Anonymousreply 427May 12, 2024 8:44 AM

Over 300 public votes for Israel= the public are no longer willing to be maligned by Pro-Palestine queers

0 public votes for UK- the public are no longer interested in ageing twinks and cottaging

by Anonymousreply 428May 12, 2024 8:55 AM

UK catered to a gay audience of 9000 in the arena, overlooking the fact the rest of their gay audience watching from home can't vote.

Or that Europe isn't full of FAGS.

by Anonymousreply 429May 12, 2024 8:59 AM

"I'm hearing elsewhere that the British entry was too vulgar and veered into parody. I... am slowly beginning to see that now"

'Slowly' beginning to see this? A mincer with a lisp in a public lav with a bunch of guys in jocks.

Yeah, the whole thing was very nuanced and subtle in revealing its meaning.

by Anonymousreply 430May 12, 2024 9:01 AM

The thing about Olly was how so many people (including Graham Norton) were bigging up the staging and how it was one of the most impressive Eurovision sets ever designed for TV.

They were in a box and pretended it was moving around and then the camera went upside down so it looked like they were kneeling on the ceiling.

That was it?

Maybe the it looked better live but the Swiss Twink on the spinning thing was more memorable.

by Anonymousreply 431May 12, 2024 9:12 AM

I enjoyed this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 12, 2024 10:20 AM

Does Eden Golan's loose pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 433May 12, 2024 10:22 AM

Not as loose at those Queer for Palestine holes

by Anonymousreply 434May 12, 2024 10:25 AM

R433 Like Arab cum and matzah balls

by Anonymousreply 435May 12, 2024 10:28 AM

Does Graham Norton's aged out hole smell of the cum from UK's backing dancers?

Priss pots like Graham love that working class, chav cock.

by Anonymousreply 436May 12, 2024 10:51 AM

Meanwhile, Ireland held an alternative, Pro-Palestine music event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 12, 2024 10:53 AM

What a tacky bitch, that Eden Golan, flitting about and performing while her country is in the midst of a massacre.

by Anonymousreply 438May 12, 2024 10:54 AM

Israel did a good job. Glad she was there.

by Anonymousreply 439May 12, 2024 11:10 AM

R439 Thank G-d the little cunt lost!

by Anonymousreply 440May 12, 2024 11:11 AM

She didn't lose the public vote, R440.

Seeing this press conference clip, it looks like the other delegations had no problem with Israel. Just Ireland and the Netherlands seem butt hurt about Israel's participation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441May 12, 2024 11:14 AM

Lots of Eurovision obsessives are now convinced Israel rigged the public vote as the can't conceive that enough people in Western Europe would spend a couple of euros or pounds voting a 20 year old woman singing about her murdered friends.

A reminder - Israel ONLY got 323 points from the public vote compared to Ukraine's 439 points two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 442May 12, 2024 12:01 PM

R10 That track is epic and hilarious. And I recognise several of those locations, they're in Auckland where I live. Best post on this thread!

Was hoping Eden from Israel was going to win, but she still did pretty good, goes to show most of the public arent buying Hamas's bullshit

by Anonymousreply 443May 12, 2024 1:00 PM

R443 how cheap and tawdry for Eden to even show her face while her country is at war.

by Anonymousreply 444May 12, 2024 1:10 PM

Seriously, what good does this creature think they is doing? They is insane and aggressive and incoherent and they whinges like the world owes them something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 12, 2024 1:13 PM

Gay, trans, NB... the pissed-off bigots lashing out right now don't care, we're all the same homo trash to them.

It'll take months, but they'll calm down eventually.

by Anonymousreply 446May 12, 2024 1:20 PM

R443 I hope Eden Golan has fun with her career that will go nowhere

by Anonymousreply 447May 12, 2024 1:32 PM

The winner. Why is it not a surprise?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448May 12, 2024 1:37 PM

[quote][R443] I hope Eden Golan has fun with her career that will go nowhere

Eden's will do just fine, but thanks for your interest. She didn't win but she'll go into Jewish folklore as the girl who faced down the bullies.

by Anonymousreply 449May 12, 2024 1:38 PM

What was once a great contest.............................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450May 12, 2024 1:39 PM

R449 as if anybody else cares outside of her tiny country

by Anonymousreply 451May 12, 2024 1:39 PM

I just read why Israel got zero points from the Ukrainian public – it's not antisemitism, it's because she performed in Crimea (she's half-Russian) and as such is blacklisted by the authorities. The messy world of modern geopolitics, eh?

I just want this contest to be boring again. Maybe next near.

by Anonymousreply 452May 12, 2024 1:42 PM

[quote]What was once a great contest....................... - ......

Oh, come on! Eurovision has always been a camp joke, arguably even more so in the pit-orchestra days of innocence before the advent of Web 2.0 and social media, where countries were more culturally isolated, and the show itself was a delightful anachronism--what Susan Sontag called 'pure camp', which is naive and un-self-aware.

Now, of course, you have a contest in which most musicians grew up under the influence of an Anglo-American youth-pop monoculture, desperately want to avoid sounding like schlagermusik, and nations finally have the infrastructure and cultural savvy to create a show as slick as any stadium-pop extravaganza.

by Anonymousreply 453May 12, 2024 2:20 PM

Our churches are packed to the rafters today – everyone and their enemy in the pews together, thanking the Lord up above that Croatia didn't win. We hate seeing our neighbours to the south do better than us, it's pathological.

by Anonymousreply 454May 12, 2024 2:27 PM

I loved the Spanish song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 12, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote] Because the VMAs and the Superbowl halftime performance are the height of sophistication?

It is funny that while America knows how to do tacky like nobody’s business, other countries versions of it are practically offensive to us or rather me. I do find different variations of tacky harder to take.

by Anonymousreply 456May 12, 2024 4:51 PM

I watched the livestream on youtube and during the dance part of the Austrian song the picture froze. Some people in the comment section complain about it. Was this so that they lose? #ConspiracyTheory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 12, 2024 4:57 PM

Croatia had giant dancing neon cats, how could he not win?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458May 12, 2024 5:32 PM

This was the first year that I've watched this, and it's hysterical. Unfortunately Peacock doesn't show the show from the beginning, so I'm guessing I was missing out on some interesting acts.

Do the countries the singer/s represent always choose what song the participant is singing? And do they sing it every time they perform? It would seem pretty boring if they did.

by Anonymousreply 459May 12, 2024 5:58 PM

The Switzerland non-binary winner was a result of a satanic ritual. This happened 10 years ago too when Conchita Wurst won. Everyone's favorite was the second place with the two singers facing each other with a contrabass. I personally thought it was boring but everyone was pissed too that the lgbt singer won instead of the normal humans. Just like this year with the normal Croatian dude. But with the eye make up he was probably a gayling too... You also have to note that Austria and Switzerland are neighbours. It was a satanic pact!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460May 12, 2024 5:59 PM

[quote]Do the countries the singer/s represent always choose what song the participant is singing? And do they sing it every time they perform? It would seem pretty boring if they did.

Once the song and act combination is picked then yes, it's the song that is sung over and over and over again. Which for some songs (Sam Ryder's Spaceman for example) works very well.

How the artists and songs get picked vary from country to country. The UK used to have a public vote where 6 acts will perform their selected song and the winner represents the UK. The UK also tried selecting a singer (Michael Ball/Sonia/Tony winner Frances Ruffelle) and they perform songs the public vote for.

by Anonymousreply 461May 12, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote]And do they sing it every time they perform?

Yes, each act represents their country with a single entry. People sometimes wrongly call it a singing competition, but it's not – it's a song competition, so the contest is tied to a single song for each country.

by Anonymousreply 462May 12, 2024 6:06 PM

R459 I heard this year in Germany, people chose Isaak based on telephone votes and a German jury back in February. I though the other song of the Bodine woman was better... Anyway, sometimes the German singer is chosen through nepotism or through some other contest. I heard in Turkey it is some kind of a battle, like in the hunger games. That's why they have been banned from participating since 2010. I liked the Turkey entry from 14 years ago. It was anime themed. The video below shows the event where the German song was chosen. I have a friend in the UK and she told me that the UK singer was found by accident while crusing at a public WC in London. There are no rules. I like Maneskin too by the way but not their ESC winning song but the songs that came after that are great. Oh and you could have also watched the livesteam on youtube. Remember that in case peacock won't show it all again next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463May 12, 2024 6:07 PM

Ten million YouTube views for Nemo not even 24 hours since the final started. Not bad!

[quote]I heard in Turkey it is some kind of a battle, like in the hunger games. That's why they have been banned from participating since 2010.

Turkey withdrew from the contest in 2012 of its own accord. Much like with Hungary, the contest simply became too gay for their autocratic ruler. They both bitched about it loudly and often, then just withdrew.

by Anonymousreply 464May 12, 2024 6:12 PM

Interesting. Thank you so much folks!

I'm not up on world politics (being a stupid American), but I'm guessing Cyprus is it's own uhh country? For they are Turkish too.

by Anonymousreply 465May 12, 2024 6:21 PM

[quote]The Switzerland non-binary winner was a result of a satanic ritual.

[quote]I personally thought it was boring but everyone was pissed too that the lgbt singer won instead of the normal humans.

Gurl... I'll be honest with you, some of these views and word choices of yours are a lot to process.

by Anonymousreply 466May 12, 2024 6:26 PM

I voted for Norway and they had such a cute and thankful video message on the Eurovision app after you made the phone call for 14 cents. I feel sorry for them that they are almost last place because the song sounded so mystcal and it had an epic melody but I guess not everybody likes eeeeeeeeeh ooooooooooh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh oooooooooooooh ah ah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467May 12, 2024 6:30 PM

r465 Yes, Cyprus is its own country, but with an occupied Turkish part that is only recognised by Turkey.

These two American podcasters did a whole episode about it during the off-season back in September, if you want to learn more about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 12, 2024 6:31 PM

[quote]I voted for Norway and they had such a cute and thankful video message on the Eurovision app after you made the phone call for 14 cents.

r467 Oh, that's nice, I didn't know that was a thing. And yeah, that singing style seems to be an acquired taste, since neither the juries nor the audiences went for it. Personally, I was mesmerised by it, even though I wasn't feeling it when they won the Norwegian selection back in February. That first impression is everything when it comes to Eurovision, so it should have told me something.

by Anonymousreply 469May 12, 2024 6:43 PM

UK media outlets pushing the narrative that Eurovision ratings in the UK went down because of THE DRAMA (ISRAEL) when last year the ratings were artificially high because the UK was hosting for Ukraine and there was literally HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of coverage leading up to the event.

You could even argue UK ratings were boosted in 2022 thanks to Sam Ryder. Spaceman was a huge hit here and he was omnipresent in the media in the run up.

But "the boycott worked" according to some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470May 12, 2024 6:57 PM

The British media is always at an 11, it's hilarious to observe from the outside. They wouldn't know the medium setting if they tripped on it.

by Anonymousreply 471May 12, 2024 7:02 PM

Looking at all the results, both Australia and Czechia just missed out on the final in their respective semis. Small consolation, I know, but it's better than flopping outright like Iceland and Azerbaijan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472May 12, 2024 7:22 PM

Fags

by Anonymousreply 473May 12, 2024 8:19 PM

Matt, the joke will be on you when your gay third cousin (the great-great-grandson of your great-grandparent) represents Finland in a future Eurovision.

[quote]Matt [Damon's] great-grandfather John was born in Kemi, the son of Olli/Olaf Johansson/Juhonpoika Pajari/Bajar/Bajard and Kaisa-Greta Kreeta Nilsdotter/Vanhakartano. Matt’s great-grandmother Impi was born in Yltiä Niemelän talo, Pihlajavesi, Keuruu, the daughter of Matti Aleksanterinpoika Kaijanmäki/Niemelä and Maija/Maja Liisa/Lisa Kustaantytär Ryönänkoski/Kankaanpää/Gustafsdotter.

by Anonymousreply 474May 12, 2024 8:50 PM

The individual jury votes have been revealed as well. A lot of variation amongst each country's five jurors but many put Israel right at the bottom with one Norwegian juror saying he did it deliberately.

by Anonymousreply 475May 12, 2024 9:01 PM

I liked Israel's song from 2023 more. Maybe the jury thought the same. This year's Israel singer was only ok but better than the Palestine contestant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476May 12, 2024 9:28 PM

Hail Satan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 12, 2024 9:32 PM

Watching that try-hard Spanish entry made me long for Svetlana Loboda, Patroness Saint of the Ukrainian Gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 13, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote]But with the eye make up he was probably a gayling too...

Sure thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479May 13, 2024 8:11 AM

[quote] British people refusing to accept it when they're terrible. Groundbreaking.

Fuck off, that’s not true. I’m British and I thought it was terrible and we deserved the nil points result. I haven’t heard a single person say they thought it was good. The orgy in a public toilet theme was woefully misjudged and embarrassing (I almost expected Sam Smith to strut onto stage). Far more offensive though was Olly’s out of key singing.

by Anonymousreply 480May 13, 2024 8:26 AM

Nemo is in a relationship with a woman. The other Eurovision "nonbinary" who describes herself as "queer", Ireland's Bambie Thug, is also heterosexual.

Can someone please explain in what way we gays are part of the same "community" as these heterosexual people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481May 13, 2024 8:32 AM

Eyeliner does not a gayling make.

here is Baby with his fiancee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 13, 2024 9:08 AM

No, r481, we won't explain anything to you, seeing as you've already got it figured out. Less childish people call your puerile schtick confirmation bias.

by Anonymousreply 483May 13, 2024 9:12 AM

Not a looker. Gummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484May 13, 2024 9:46 AM

Yeah, I don't like gummy smiles either, they freak me out. I've heard you can have them lasered off to make your teeth appear bigger and thus improve the proportions, but it's considered a major procedure and no walk in the park.

by Anonymousreply 485May 13, 2024 10:13 AM

R483 thinks Nemo and Bambie are members of the "LGBT community" and that they represent lesbians and gay men.

by Anonymousreply 486May 13, 2024 11:34 AM

Your view as to who they represent is completely irrelevant. The fact is that the straights in Croatia are currently taking their frustrations out on the gays because they see us all in the same basket, and they're in the vast majority. These people have jobs and kids, they can't be terminally online like you, engaging in niche semantics about who technically belongs in the LGBT community. When push comes to shove, we're all the same shit to them.

by Anonymousreply 487May 13, 2024 11:59 AM

Keep making shit up, trollerina. If you haven't noticed, we've made this thread work despite your inflammatory bullshit. It's obvious you like the dopamine hits from flaming people more than you hate how young people express themselves. Functional adults avoid things they don't like and can't change instead of doing the internet equivalent of rubbing their own shit on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 488May 13, 2024 12:00 PM

That was for r486.

by Anonymousreply 489May 13, 2024 12:01 PM

That Barbie Thug girl and her drama Queen boyfriend certainly milked their anti-Israel outrage quite shrewdly. She’s all everybody was talking about. She has no talent so I have my doubts this will lead to a bigger career but we’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 490May 13, 2024 12:04 PM

The responses of some people (or what you claim are the responses of some people, since you don't actually give any evidence) in Croatia are irrelevant, r487. The negative impacts of the forced yoking with heterosexuals (and self-hating homosexuals who deny they are same-sex attracted by claiming to be the opposite "gender") via the "queer" lobby group are of far greater to lesbians and gay men.

In any case, are heterosexuals who don't even identify as "trans" even part of the so-called "LGBT community"?

Not sure that pointing out that Nemo and Bambie are heterosexual so when it comes to sexuality issues they have nothing to do with us is "niche semantics".

by Anonymousreply 491May 13, 2024 1:02 PM

Really cute for you to complain about a lack of evidence and then proceed with your qualitative statements. You're a real brains trust.

by Anonymousreply 492May 13, 2024 1:04 PM

What's truly hilarious is how you WW your own posts as soon as you make them, r492. Let a few minutes pass at least so it can appear convincing!

Again, no evidence of the terrible things going on in Croatia at the moment because of heterosexual man Nemo.

by Anonymousreply 493May 13, 2024 1:07 PM

Like Martha on the Little Reindeer. No matter how many facts you have, and no matter how many attempts at erudite tones in your writing, you can't escape that you are so fucking mentally disturbed that linear logic escapes you. You're not just sick but you're also a scoundrel who is not brave enough to get the help he needs.

by Anonymousreply 494May 13, 2024 1:11 PM

[QUOTE]That Barbie Thug girl and her drama Queen boyfriend certainly milked their anti-Israel outrage quite shrewdly. She’s all everybody was talking about. She has no talent so I have my doubts this will lead to a bigger career but we’ll see.

The Eurovision/Pride event cycle can be lucrative for some acts. Nazi Barbie will milk the grievance for as long as possible and grift for the anti Israel cause and "non binary queer" cause despite being in a heterosexual relationship.

Being such an antagonistic and divisive figure gets a lot of social media engagement and she's enjoying playing her role. Wouldn't be surprised if she ends up with a swastika tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 495May 13, 2024 1:15 PM

Not sure what you're on about, r495, but both Nemo and Barmbie are heterosexual (Nemo being a heterosexual man and Bambie a heterosexual woman). Perhaps you are heterosexual too?

by Anonymousreply 496May 13, 2024 1:37 PM

Do you look for queers under the bed, R496?

by Anonymousreply 497May 13, 2024 2:52 PM

Lol, so you are heterosexual, r497, just like so many "queers".

by Anonymousreply 498May 13, 2024 3:30 PM

R496 the point isn’t what she actually is, which is a heterosexual woman, but what she declaratively identifies as which is non binary queer.

by Anonymousreply 499May 13, 2024 3:58 PM

^

Which means she played stinky pinky with another girl, once when drunk.

by Anonymousreply 500May 13, 2024 4:11 PM

If even that. “You gotta get a gimmick if you want applause” as the strippers sang in Gypsy.

by Anonymousreply 501May 13, 2024 4:15 PM

I think both Switzerlandbinary and the Croatia guy are in PR relationships because they look like fags 💋

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 13, 2024 7:50 PM

No, it doesn't, r500. You're still mistaken in thinking that "queer" means gay. It doesn't. Non-binaries (a meaningless term) are "queer" too. You can be straight and a queer, because "queer" is not about homosexuality (except in terms of being an attempt to destroy homosexuality).

by Anonymousreply 503May 14, 2024 5:13 AM

Rummaging through Olly's back catalogue (ooh er Mrs!), 'Sanctify' from 2018 makes for a much better Eurovision number. It has scale and a bit of emotional depth and does something interesting in the chorus with modal mixture. Most crucially, it would have had a chance at competing with the theatrically and genuinely felt pathos of The Code,

A lot of the credit here has to go to Thomas Hull (Kid Harpoon), who co-wrote the song. Although Thomas's last major credit is on Harry's House, Eurovision is a bit down-market in comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504May 14, 2024 3:32 PM

R504 uh, no. I couldn’t get through the song, I just don’t like his voice though

by Anonymousreply 505May 14, 2024 9:05 PM

Olly was a kinda hot twink, but now he looks like he's on the fast track to Sam Smith territory.

by Anonymousreply 506May 15, 2024 11:20 AM

British journalist Josh Glancy has written about the emotional impact Eden Golan’s performance had on him. It’s very moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507May 15, 2024 11:36 AM

R502 Marko seems a bit fey, but he might as well be a straight "soy boy". He is living in his fiancée's house in a small village, where it would be hard to hide from the locals the fact you are not actually living there. He might be a closet case, but he seems like an honest guy.

He has just refused prize money from our corrupted government, so kudos to him.

by Anonymousreply 508May 16, 2024 11:40 AM

The Swiss guy is heterosexual, r502. He dates women, not other men.

by Anonymousreply 509May 16, 2024 2:19 PM

r508 Good for him! A prize is determined with a contract beforehand, i.e. "you get X amount of money for achieving X place." What they were offering him wasn't prize money, it was a bribe to be their mouthpiece.

by Anonymousreply 510May 16, 2024 2:25 PM

I forgot to add that good little Catholic boys are often soft like him, even when straight. So it's definitely not indicative of their sexual orientation being one way or the other. It's just surprising to me that he's still resentful of city boys even after he studied sound engineering in our capital. You'd think he'd have transformed into one by now – it's incredibly easy to pick up pussy, looking like him.

by Anonymousreply 511May 16, 2024 2:33 PM

Looks like his girlfriend is with him at all times, so it would be hard for him to pick up pussy around R511

by Anonymousreply 512May 17, 2024 6:26 AM

The Baby Lasagna is now 6 days beyond its sell-by date. Lets talk about Louis Thomas, the Rick Martin-resembling trumpet player instead. Is he gay or just French or both?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513May 17, 2024 7:25 AM

*Ricky Martin

by Anonymousreply 514May 17, 2024 7:25 AM

side bar swiss newspapers say all hotels complet - full - for next years eurovision

by Anonymousreply 515May 17, 2024 9:54 AM

What a bunch of nuttery with your Catholic boys are fey bullshit, r510.

by Anonymousreply 516May 17, 2024 10:22 AM

R513 Marko is not beyond his sell date, he has only begun. He is the winner in people's hearts, as Diana said.

Particularly when he has shown to have the spine and fucked off that piece of shit of our PM.

by Anonymousreply 517May 17, 2024 11:27 AM

So, this is how Celine started? Good for her, I like her!

by Anonymousreply 518May 17, 2024 4:58 PM

38 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 17, 2024 6:25 PM

R519 back in the day Celine had a normal face and a better figure. Did she develop anorexia?

by Anonymousreply 520May 17, 2024 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!