Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hacks Season 3 Premieres May 2

Deborah Vance is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 18, 2024 3:10 AM

Rejoicing.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2024 4:38 PM

Looks intriguing. Was wondering how they'd continue from where they ended

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2024 4:40 PM

Love this show!

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2024 4:42 PM

I'm excited; I didn't even know it was coming back. It's not the type of show that needs to go on and on, but I was hoping for 3-4 seasons. The ending of season 2 absolutely could have been a series finale, and a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2024 5:41 PM

Goody goody, loooove Hacks.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2024 6:08 PM

I love Hacks except for annoying Hannah Einbinder and yes Hannah we know you're a nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2024 6:48 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if season three turns out to be the last season but I think it will get renewed for at least one more season.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2024 6:49 PM

Unfortunately, HBO is not worth the cost of their subscription. After the full season has dropped, I will probably do a trial to watch the entire third series. The rest of their content is way overpriced IMO, especially since the lower tiers have ads.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2024 6:57 PM

Hannah is OK. I was annoyed with Ava at first but she really grew on me by the end of S1.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2024 7:08 PM

I actually really like Einbinder in the role. I think Hannah is supposed to be annoying much of the time, with her Gen Z (or millennial?) know-it-all , "I've lived and worked in LA," and "how you see the world is outdated" pretentiousness. It rings true for a segment of younger people. Also, while sometimes annoying, I often find Hannah and her reactions pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2024 9:05 PM

Official trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2024 1:56 PM

I adore this show! Everything about it, but above all (INTER)NATIONAL TREASURE JEAN SMART.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2024 2:29 PM

Is it yet another comedy with insult humor? Or do the writers have wit.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2024 3:20 PM

First two episodes out today!

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 10:30 AM

One of my favorite shows in a long time. Along with Abbot Elementary, which seems a bit flat this season.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 10:49 AM

"Like a performer with Deborah’s grit and experience, “Hacks” is infectiously confident, deceptively smooth and, most importantly, consistently hilarious."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 10:52 AM

Hilarious first two episodes, this show is as sharp as ever. Maybe even sharper than ever. Only thing that would make it even more cutting and "of the moment" would be an Ozempic joke or two, though Guy Branum probably forbade those in the writers' room. Speaking of...

Marcus looks more attractive this season. Has he lost some weight?

Ava goes topless. Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 2:56 PM

It came quick. Hopefully I can get to this today. Thanks for the reminder.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 3:46 PM

Now I'm a homo, but that is a perfect pair of tits right there. Good for her!

Jesus- Jean Smart

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 4:45 PM

Dee Dee Halls playing herself.

Do they give out Emmys for that type of work?

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 5:17 PM

I think they should have stretched out Ava and Deborah not being together longer. I know there is only 8 episodes but it seemed too fast

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 5:23 PM

Thanks for that, R21. Very much. Two episodes in.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 5:24 PM

I'm so happy it's back and so glad they teamed back up so quickly. This is the perfect show.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2024 1:07 AM

Jean Smart is as impeccable as ever, but Hannah Einbinder is really coming into her own this season. Their reunion in the Montreal hotel room just crackled.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2024 3:40 AM

A sign of a great show—I was sad when the first 2 episodes were over tonight. I wanted more!

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 3:44 AM

A Carrot Top cameo? Lol. "Mr. Top, we sent you several notices."

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2024 3:54 AM

Kayla has been upped to regular this season but, as of now, she's not being overdone, which is what I was was worried about when the news was first announced. These more cartoonish characters can quickly overstay their welcome in higher doses.

r24 Yeah, Hannah's great. Her facial expressions when she discovered the engagement ring were hysterical, it's exactly how I'd act in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2024 4:09 AM

Amazing. This show hasn’t missed a beat.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2024 4:11 AM

Marcus isn't cartoonish and I hope they can utilize him as they have in the past two seasons. Maybe offer some of his non-Deborah life again - like with his mom and Wilson. Not a lot, just some.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

Loved that Deborah called the hotel front desk for a "gay bellboy" to be the arbiter of her fashion dispute with Ava, and his opening line had me howling — as did Deborah's "closet."

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

I was never a big fan of Ruby, so I'm glad she's gone for now. I mean, she's not a terrible character, but I don't think she adds much.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 4:21 AM

Damien and Marcus are such an obvious couple and it’s refreshing that they’re not.

Love how this show subverts expectations.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 4:24 AM

The Iceland trip is off/breakup scene was too Devil Wears Prada the person who’s calls you always take that’s who you’re in a relationship with.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 4:27 AM

Not an Einbinder fan.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 4:28 AM

That opening scene in episode one was fucking brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 4:34 AM

Kayla needs to die. And I was just in IMDb and there’s an actress playing a young Deborah in an episode.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 4:36 AM

r32 I cringed for a moment thinking they were setting up Marcus with Guy Branum, but they shut that shit down immediately. I really need to stop underestimating this show.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 4:38 AM

Anyone else notice Ava rubbed her eye after she fingerbanged the girlfriend? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 4:59 AM

You're talking to people who habitually eat ass, so...

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 5:10 AM

Their reunion scene(s) in Deborah's hotel room were delicious. I love how they immediately went back to talking shit at each other.

And Ava coming to the rescue in the writer's meeting, just great.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 7:02 AM

Yeah R39, cause that’s the same thing.

You fucking idiot frau CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2024 11:59 AM

I’m with R8. I’ll unsubscribe when this season’s over.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Gurl, you're a veritable mess.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2024 12:02 PM

A great two episodes to begin with. I’m looking forward to seeing more. The hangar full of vintage clothes was a stylist’s wet dream and they played it well.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2024 12:06 PM

Goddamn, Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2024 12:06 PM

R10 she’s annoying in real life. Listen to the first Hacks podcast episode, they’re on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2024 12:35 PM

Huge fan of this jacket seen in the premiere. Not so much of the hyper-preened queen wearing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2024 1:24 PM

"[R10] she’s annoying in real life. Listen to the first Hacks podcast episode, they’re on YouTube."

Yeah, R46, she was annoying on Marc Maron's podcast too. But, still, I enjoy the Hannah character, even if she is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2024 10:06 PM

Barf

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2024 12:15 AM

Xanthippi from Kimmy Schmidt plays one of the writers

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2024 12:33 AM

Happy to have this show back, it hasn't missed a bit with these first two episodes. I am in love with how damn gay this show is, down to even having Luke MacFarlane being the guest that bench presses Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2024 1:44 AM

Episode 2 was perfection.

Jean Smart isthe new Julia Louis Dreyfus, in the Emmy sense. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2024 2:02 AM

The writers of this show are brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2024 3:54 AM

I hope this isn't the last season, it's such a brilliant show.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2024 7:40 PM

I love that there are Deborah Vance drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2024 7:41 PM

Wow, just finished the first two episodes and it's even better than last season.

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2024 3:31 PM

Is Hannah Einbinder's character gay on this show? Like she is in real life?

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2024 3:47 PM

Bisexual. Her character hooked up with Jeff Ward's character in the first or second season.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2024 4:11 PM

She also hooked up with the very hot Postmates or Uber Eats guy.

I thought her and the Jeff Ward character just went on coke binge, running all the Strip, before ending in his death. I don't remember them hooking up, but they probably did.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2024 4:30 PM

Oh yes, you're right. I think I projected my own desire to hook up with Jeff Ward onto her. She definitely mentioned being bisexual at some point in the show's premiere, though.

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2024 4:35 PM

The gay bellhop was played by Pat Regan, one of the show's writers. Watched his hilarious stand-up years ago, glad he's doing well in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2024 5:32 PM

BWAH!! Jimmy's mother.....?!?! That was so random & hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. "She's always camera-ready, but I'm not sure it's worth it."

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2024 4:21 AM

I thought his little exchange with Helen Hunt in the premiere was even more hilarious. He kept badgering her about the exact year she had an affair with his father, with the implication being that she might have given birth to him.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2024 4:30 AM

I thought he was badgering her for the year because he was trying to figure out if it was after his parents broke up. He doesn’t want a cheating dad.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2024 8:00 AM

But that doesn't really hit on a comedic level? Like, at all? Also, his parents split so long ago, why would he be so invested in who caused the split?

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2024 10:24 AM

Unsurprisingly, I already had the cunt at R39 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2024 12:04 PM

Thanks for announcing it, r66, I just did the same to you. I don't want to interact with humourless cunts, waste of my time.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2024 2:04 PM

Great, R67. I don’t do unfuckable, homophobic fraus so this works out well for both of us.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2024 2:11 PM

Is it just me or was Clive in the premiere kinda cute? He was the terminal stand-up comic Jimmy and Kayla signed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2024 2:16 PM

Here he is shirtless. You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 6, 2024 2:17 PM

He was a semi-regular on "The Goldbergs."

by Anonymousreply 71May 6, 2024 2:24 PM

Pocket-sized, exactly my type. I'm gonna be dreaming about those blue speedos today, that much is certain.

by Anonymousreply 72May 6, 2024 2:28 PM

I love that Famous by Parcels was the song they used in the opening scene of the premiere. It was perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2024 3:48 PM

Yeah, music choices have always been excellent on this show. Man, I'm counting down to the next two episodes already.

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote] I thought his little exchange with Helen Hunt in the premiere was even more hilarious. He kept badgering her about the exact year she had an affair with his father, with the implication being that she might have given birth to him.

WTF - that was Helen Hunt, no way. She is a totally different person from what I remember her looking like in the past.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2024 4:12 PM

Mhm, she an old lady now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2024 4:19 PM

It's all that crazy thin upper lip with Hunt. Otherwise she looks perfectly fine for a woman of her age. I guess it's good she's just accepted it and didn't get some crazy lip filler - though something more maybe could have been done. But, if she's fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2024 4:31 PM

When she goes, someone on DL will write "she had a thin upper lip, but she couldn't live forever." I can see it already, the cunts on this site are something else.

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2024 4:52 PM

[bold]How Helen Hunt, 59, Is Refusing to Conform to Beauty Standards[/bold]

TBH, did she ever conform to "beauty standards"?

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote]Otherwise she looks perfectly fine for a woman of her age.

Are you fucking serious?

When she did the WWII limited series "World On Fire" a few years ago one reviewer wrote "Helen Hunt terrifies the Nazis with her face."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2024 5:18 PM

I love you R78

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2024 5:27 PM

Episodes 3 and 4 are of the same high standard. I'm so glad they've toned down Megan whatshername to more of a realistic character.

And of course I thought of Datalounge every time DJ said "Whadda CUNT!"

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2024 3:06 AM

This show is almost certainly going to be the best comedy of the 2020s, right? The third season has been flawless so far.

Also, of course, Jean Smart deserves all her flowers but Lucia Aniello and the utterly winning Hannah Einbinder deserve a special Emmy for Ava - the Gen Z queer girl that all the “my pronouns are Vivian/Vance!” elder gays on DL can’t get enough of!

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2024 4:35 AM

I love this show. Everyone is perfect

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2024 12:19 PM

Started cracking up not five seconds into the third episode, what with those photos of Deborah with Oprah, Saddam, Cheney... My only issue is that I burn through the new episodes like a fat whore.

I love how the show subverted my expectations with Kaitlin Olson's character at the roast. I fully thought she was gonna get laughed at, which would lead to a whole separate emotional arc. But nope, she killed it and her catchphrase killed too. Other shows would for sure be meaner to her character. Her green nail polish as she was pitching her jokes to Ava looked awesome, it's not easy to pull off that colour.

One thing that doesn't often get mentioned is how well shot this is, and it doesn't even need to be because the writing alone could carry it on its back. Look at how far away the camera is during scenes inside Deborah's mansion, to make the whole space seem palatial. Or how pleasingly framed something as trivial as an AA meeting is. Shout out to that British AA sponsor with the truly terrible hair – gurl, I think your hairdresser's hip replacement IS affecting her work! It's also implied her hairdresser is old and fat, so not exactly at the forefront of hair styling to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2024 12:41 PM

I like that even though it is a comedy…the producers trust Jean Smart as an actress to allow her to have pathos behind the character. When she had her little breakdown in the bathroom over the bisexual jokes…you really believed she found herself in an emotional situation and not just hardy har har

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2024 12:50 PM

I cackled when she stole the toilet paper. And who knew Carrot Top was a good actor?

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2024 12:54 PM

Helen Hunt (and her thin upper lip) as the studio exec playing pickleball like a Neil LaBute character was iconic lesbian-coded camp!

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2024 1:01 PM

Yes, Carrot Top was surprisingly non-wooden for someone who doesn't act regularly.

I forgot to mention it before, but I loved Ava wanting to establish boundaries with Deborah. Sounds like a dour subject matter, but it's a huge issue among creatives, especially those in the comedy world where inappropriate comments can get passed off as jokes. If you're getting paid by someone and it's not for sex work, you're entitled to expect some level of professionalism from them. And we've already seen how this lack of boundaries has ruined Ava's relationship with her girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2024 1:31 PM

More great episodes. I thought writing projects Jimmy pitched Eva were hilarious - a reenvisioning of Gumby where Gumby is bisexual - Gum-bi. A new spin on Sleeping Beauty that's consensual.

I like the arc of Deborah trying to get the late night show. The colonoscopy thing was sort of lame.

Thank God Ruby is gone.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2024 4:33 PM

I thought yesterday's episodes were even better than last week's. The roast episode is perfection and utterly hilarious. I agree the colonoscopy episode was not as funny but still good. The ending is hysterical when she steals the toilet paper.

I have to say Ava is growing on me this season. She still has to make her little woke points but she's less whiny and bratty.

I agree I'm glad they dialed down the Kayla character this season. Did she lose weight? The Helen Hunt character possibly being Jimmy's mother is brilliant and hysterical. I just have one question: Paul W. Downs both on and off screen is STRAIGHT?

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote]Paul W. Downs both on and off screen is STRAIGHT?

Yes, and I recall DL's collective brain breaking when this was first revealed and discussed years ago in some Broad City thread. I still don't get it personally, but I guess it just goes to show you never can judge a book by its covers.

by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2024 4:55 PM

He was gay until he met Lucia.

Knew him back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2024 5:03 PM

R93 that’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2024 5:11 PM

I’m a Kinsey six and married to a man, but I’d consider jumping ship for Lucia. For what it’s worth, she reads just as gay as him.

by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2024 5:11 PM

Much like the vastness of space or geological time scales, I don't like to ponder these things too much, they break my brain.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2024 5:13 PM

I did not like this show much- but episode by episode it grew on me during Season 1.

I am only on first episode of Season 2.. (not reading the posts above)

I love the fat assistant chick- She kills me.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2024 5:28 PM

Anyone know who played the AA lady who asked the daughter for money?

by Anonymousreply 98May 10, 2024 10:17 PM

More Marcus and even less Kayla, please!

Does that actress who plays Kayla write her own lines? Cause they're not funny and she can't make them funny. I feel like I see Jean Smart wincing every time she's forced to be in a scene with her.

by Anonymousreply 99May 10, 2024 10:31 PM

I think she's supposed to be wince-worthy. Still, I could do without her; though she doesn't ruin it for me or anything.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2024 12:57 AM

Kayla brings nothing to the show. Kill her off.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2024 1:01 AM

r98 English actress Dolly Wells. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016), Bridget Jones's Diary (2001), Doll & Em (2013).

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2024 3:30 AM

So does DL think Mario Lopez really is uncut?

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2024 3:59 AM

His parents were Mexican Catholics when they came over to California. For sure uncut.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2024 4:03 AM

Kayla, the spoiled, whiny, entitled brat and boss's daughter... it was a bold move to cast an actress who looks like this for the role. I imagined it going to an Alix Earle type, but this is much more interesting. The actress is a nobody from nowhere, not a nepo baby, so I'm happy for her that she got this big break.

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2024 5:48 AM

She's always camera ready but I'm not sure it's worth it

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2024 8:03 AM

Those Trivia Night scenes reminded me why I stopped going to Trivia Night…

Lord, what a bunch of insufferable cunts at those things.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2024 8:57 AM

r102

thank you... I couldn't remember where I recognized her. She was in And just like that

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2024 1:46 PM

Yeah, looking at her IMDb more closely, I realise now she wasn't taken out of mothballs since Pride and Prejudice and Zombies just for this episode, she's had a bit role in all sorts of shows through the years.

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2024 1:54 PM

I sincerely hope that Helen Hunt is not a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2024 2:28 PM

Disappointing. But you do you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2024 2:31 PM

I do declare…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2024 2:33 PM

You all hate my favorite character-

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2024 4:00 PM

When will Christina Hendricks appear? Will she be playing Ava's love interest?

by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2024 4:33 PM

Loving this season, but I don't buy the fact that Marcus' mother and grandmother are into trivia nights with a bunch of nerds.

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2024 5:38 PM

What's hilarious about your comment R115 is the team that kicked everyone's ass at the last trivia night I went to was a bunch of older black women "AKA The Divas". They're Spellman Alpha Kappa Alphas and they dress in pink and green and just murdered everyone.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2024 5:51 PM

I was never a Kayla a fan either but I do think this season they have done a good job of toning down her character so it's less grating.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2024 5:56 PM

I enjoy this show a lot and the relationship between Deborah and Ava is perfection.

I don't think it's particularly ha ha funny, it's more of an interesting ensemble dramedy sort of thing.....though when Jimmy said his mom is Dee Dee Halls I cackled.

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2024 6:00 PM

will this season finally reveal Deborah's middle name is Vivian????

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2024 6:06 PM

[qoute]though when Jimmy said his mom is Dee Dee Halls I cackled.

Too bad they didn’t take it one step further and have him also say that Drake Hogestyn was his father.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2024 6:50 PM

Mario Lopez has turned into Olmec Head.

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2024 9:04 PM

I guess I'm the outlier here but as much as I want to really love this show I find the writing wildly uneven from scene to scene, joke to joke. It clearly feels to me like it comes out of a writers' room with lots of different voices and talents, not all in sync with the same vision and no one strong in charge. I love Jean Smart though and will watch her in anything.

As for Carl/Marcus. I find him wildly sexy on the show but every time I read an interview or see something of him "in real life" I'm severely disappointed with what I'd call his pretentiousness and lack of self-awareness. I just want Carl to be more like Marcus. I love the tight knit shirts the costumer dresses him in on the show, Can't he see that's his best look?

by Anonymousreply 122May 12, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote]Those Trivia Night scenes reminded me why I stopped going to Trivia Night…. Lord, what a bunch of insufferable cunts at those things.

I love that for a site where "Oh, dear" is a reason to live.

by Anonymousreply 123May 12, 2024 2:54 AM

Lopez: Age ain't nothin' but a number

Sure. The number of pounds of spackle they put in your Olmec Head face, you fucking liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2024 1:56 PM

That man in R124 does not look like Mario Lopez...yikes

by Anonymousreply 125May 12, 2024 6:19 PM

CCH can't wear clothes. Some people just have a knack for pulling off all manner of clothes - from traditional to bolder or crazy looks.

by Anonymousreply 126May 12, 2024 6:49 PM

Where did Helen Hunt lose her lips?

by Anonymousreply 127May 12, 2024 8:07 PM

I have a soft spot for Helen Hunt because of Girls Just Want To Have Fun. She is def aging better than SJP.

by Anonymousreply 128May 12, 2024 8:14 PM

I can't believe that Paul Downs is straight.

by Anonymousreply 129May 12, 2024 11:29 PM

For me a little too much Jimmy and not enough Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2024 12:15 AM

Paul Down Syndrome looks like a retarded preying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2024 12:15 AM

Am I the only one who’s hot for Jimmy? This man is sex on legs.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2024 12:19 AM

Stumpy little retard dwarf legs R132.

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2024 1:14 AM

I think he's adorable and funny

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2024 1:16 AM

Good point, R132. Marcus was such a bigger part of the first two seasons. I like Jimmy, but don't need him elevated to more screen time. Did everyone see the Wilson cameo in episode 4 - he was on Marcus's trivia team.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2024 1:22 AM

I had never heard of the show Talk Stoop before and thought it was a comical invention for this show. And because I didn't have the captions on, I thought Jimmy said "No, Talk Stoup. You sit in a stoup and you talk." My mind conjured up the craziest mental image in that moment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2024 12:47 PM

Has Paul Downs ever said he is straight r129. Just because you are married to a woman does not mean you have to be straight.

He seems like someone who would identity as queer/fluid/bi.

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2024 3:04 PM

Ruby is played by Eli Roth's ex-wife. She's now a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2024 5:27 PM

Paul was interviewed several years ago on the late, great Ronna and Beverly podcast during the run of Broad City,, and one of them asked him point blank if he were gay. He denied it.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2024 6:07 PM

Fifth episode was a bit tedious, felt like the writers straining like hell to have Deborah and Ava stuck in the wilderness together, so they could have an intimate talk. Which they always end up having anyway. Still, the beginning cracked me up, with the nurse giving Deborah a side eye for taking forever to get her jewellery off. And that Ponte Vecchio microwave was beyond foul, not even Melania would hawk something like that.

Sixth episode was better. Christina Hendricks' bazongas entering the frame three seconds before the rest of her will never not make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2024 7:20 PM

Yeah, R140 - Christina and her built in flotation devices could have saved scores of lives on the Titanic had she been a passenger on that fated voyage.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2024 10:24 PM

5 was a bit weak. 6 was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2024 2:26 AM

I loved episode 5. Deborah's monologs about aging was perfection and their in unison screaming? Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2024 6:56 AM

Haven't seen better television since "Six Feet Under".

Tonight I learned that the great actress who plays Ava is the daughter of SNL's Loraine Newman!

by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2024 7:12 AM

^^She is! She is the daughter of Lorraine Newman! She is! And I've been dead for thirty five fuckin years! Horray!

by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2024 7:23 AM

[quote]the great actress who plays Ava

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Good one R144!!

by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2024 10:45 AM

I love this show so much. Can't wait to see Kathy Vance and the Christmas party episode.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2024 1:10 PM

[quote]Haven't seen better television since "Six Feet Under".

Agreed.

"Calling me kid is both infantilzing and charming."

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2024 1:17 PM

I knew Hannah Einbinder had to be a nepo baby. She got the lead role on Hacks with no resume.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2024 1:29 PM

But she's great in that part. At least she's equal to the task/opportunity/grift.

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2024 2:44 PM

I was a bit surprised at the twist.... I thought the alternative was such a great platform for the future.

Succession's Geri as the sister is a great piece of casting.

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2024 2:45 PM

Played by Linda Purl in the first season, but they had to recast her.

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2024 3:05 PM

I'm hoping there's another twist. When the network guy said "I just want you to know I've made my decision" Like the fucking was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2024 3:22 PM

The network guy is married... maybe blackmail is part of Deborah's plan.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2024 4:04 PM

Kaitlyn Olsen is looking rough. These were good episodes, but felt like placeholders. Still not much Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2024 4:07 PM

I thought Kaitlyn looked great. Her work has settled and her skin looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2024 4:11 PM

I hope this isn't the last season, I love this show so much.

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2024 4:12 PM

They have to renew it. The goodwill towards Jean Smart is just too high. She's like a younger, sexier Betty White. Everyone loves her

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2024 4:31 PM

And the show has awards hardware prestige value. They'd be nuts not to pursue it and if they drop it, one of the decent streamers will surely pick it up.

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2024 5:47 PM

I thought that gender reveal would take forever, with Kaitlyn battling someone else and then something happening with some contraption once they had a winner. But nope, it was over in three seconds. Love it when the show surprises me like that.

Howled when Kaitlyn spat the powder out like a trucker.

by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2024 5:50 PM

I thought they'd have more fun with it and burn down Vegas or some reveal based disaster.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2024 5:53 PM

I guess I'm in the minority because I actually enjoyed the effective change of pace in the fifth episode. I liked that the writers took a break from the late night host storyline and explored Deborah's backstory and insecurities in the woods. I think this will be Jean's Emmy submission. She could also submit the sixth episode which was equally good.

Great decision to cut Kayla and feature very little of Jimmy in episodes 5 + 6.

I think Max will renew it for at least one more season. The show doesn't need to go on forever and ever but there is still so much goodwill for Smart and the show that they can't stop now.

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2024 5:57 PM

Beef did it recently and did it a lot better, so it felt like a rehash I guess.

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2024 6:03 PM

It was well done, but the lost in the woods thing is a trope. I was a bit surprised they settled for that.

They should have given Ava a the mother of all bee stings and just made her hilarious to look at.

Ava was pretty funny this episode. Some screwball comedy elements to her. She's a good match for Smart.

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2024 6:12 PM

FYI, Laraine Newman spells her first name “Laraine,” not “Loraine” or “Lorraine.”

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2024 6:51 PM

They shouldn't even consider cancelling the show until they run out of ideas and/or the quality consistently drops. What else is on that is this high quality? (Nothing) Just let it ride as long as you can.

There is so much left to explore and resolve: her relationship with Kathy, the new grandson and how that will change things with/for her daughter, whether or not she ever gets to host her own late night show. I want to see Deborah get her own show but it was *realistic of the writers to give it to some generic guy.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2024 7:19 PM

Are all actresses on this show bi? Hannah Einbinder is bi, Lorenza Izzo is bi and married to a woman, Meg Stalter is bi and has a gf.

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2024 7:28 PM

I love this show so much, they need to keep doing more seasons. Jean Smart is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2024 7:40 PM

R167, ew. Nobody needs to think of Staltersnatch getting chomped.

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2024 7:56 PM

I really enjoy this show but the only problem with it is that none of DV’s jokes are funny.

I do love that Paul W. Downs is a straight guy who seems positively gay. It makes him kind of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2024 8:36 PM

Downs is the antithesis of hot.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2024 9:34 PM

Nope, been hot for him since Broad City

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2024 9:36 PM

I didn't notice that Kayla was absent from episodes 5 and 6 until I saw it mentioned here. Didn't really miss her, we needed that break.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2024 9:50 PM

His eyes are in two different time zones R170.

by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2024 2:00 AM

Personally, I think the season will end with Deborah not getting late night but something more current like a streaming show. I didn’t realize that Deborah’s career is kind of in the shitter - selling products on YouTube or whatever. No wonder she wants that late night gig.

Jean tends to submit the sixth episode of each season (1.69 Million, The Click) as her Emmy submission. She might continue that this year as her scene work with Tony Goldwyn is very strong.

by Anonymousreply 175May 18, 2024 2:10 AM

My feeling is she gets offered a different late night show and takes it, and gives the Tonight Show a run for their money.

by Anonymousreply 176May 18, 2024 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!