Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nikki Haley: ‘I Refuse to Quit’

[QUOTE]Haley, the last candidate standing between Trump and the GOP presidential nomination, vowed to stay in the race on Tuesday. “Some of you came today to see if I’m dropping out. Well, I’m not. I refuse to quit.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 24, 2024 6:46 PM

Oh Nikki, reality will soon force you to do so: everybody hates you and no amount of support from the donor class can change that fact.

Oh, and think about this: just like Killary Cunton, you're losing to a vulgar, ignorant, obnoxious, self-adoring shady businessman whose greatest achievement is hosting a reality TV show. That is how utterly worthless you and Killary are.

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2024 11:53 PM

Because Trump is not really running for election. He will step down as soon as Biden steps down, which will be any day now. The goal of fucking up the Democrats and depriving them of a primary has been achieved.

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2024 11:54 PM

‘I Refuse to Quit’

That's fine, the world refuses to vote for you

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2024 11:55 PM

Trump will not step down. He thrives on publicity, and his monstrous ego is fed by the devotion of millions of deplorables who think he is the Messiah. He’ also very fond of cash, so he’ll keep his grip on the party for as long as possible.

He has never, at any stage of his life, thought of anyone except himself. He’ll see the GOP reduced to a pile of smoking rubble before he hands it over to another leader.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2024 12:04 AM

I hope the cunt really doesn't give up, I want to see Dump defeated and humiliated.

Imagine his anger losing his 'spot' to a "brown woman".

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2024 12:06 AM

Nimarata, one more time, those stupid hillbilly rednecks are never going to vote for the lady who works the all night 7-11

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2024 12:12 AM

[quote]He’ also very fond of cash… He has never, at any stage of his life, thought of anyone except himself.

Which is why he will step down. He is getting money to stay in the race and drop out.

You can comfort yourself with whatever theory you have created. You are wrong. I could try and explain it over and over again, but you are simply too brainwashed or stupid to get it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2024 12:12 AM

She has witch face.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2024 12:13 AM

^ Which one, she has two faces 😏

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2024 12:15 AM

She's not standing in his way. The only thing standing in Trump's way is the unknowable future. He drops out (or his health forces him to) or it is his nomination guaranteed. Everybody knows that.. including her.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2024 12:15 AM

Let me tell you why you cannot see Trump dropping out.

It is because you are a Boomer. Trump and Biden are brown furniture.

Boomers cannot believe that the heavy, dated pieces they bought in the 70s and 80s are no longer desirable by young people and must be thrown away. They really believed they were going to leave beyond their years and be handed down. Boomers cannot be convinced that their judgment was terrible and worthless. Ergo, they feed themselves delusions like Biden or Trump being fit for reelection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2024 12:19 AM

[QUOTE] She's not standing in his way.

She actually is, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2024 12:32 AM

I'm going to Moscow Largo!

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2024 12:38 AM

Me, Neither!

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2024 12:39 AM

Quitters never win. 🚬

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2024 1:33 AM

Listening to this speech earlier, I had never realized how nasally and grating her speaking voice is. I suppose her giant chin and wobbling jowls had always distracted me somewhat but today I was not looking at her, only listening.

Harpy voice fascist.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2024 1:38 AM

Boy, I've seen some crazy ass bullshit during my 20+ years on this board, but R11 wins the prize.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2024 1:39 AM

Stupid is as stupid does.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2024 1:45 AM

R11, I very much enjoyed that article — I don’t wish to derail this thread, but if you’re down for an antiques discussion based on that article, I’ll start a thread. I was already aware the market is struggling, but that article provides excellent context.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2024 2:15 AM

And then link it here. I'm off to bed

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2024 2:59 AM

Since Republicans are always cluelessly co-opting dated songs, Haley should use this as her campaign theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2024 3:04 AM

Nikki Haley is the 2016 Bernie Sanders of this election.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2024 3:08 AM

This feels like she’s running for the 2028 nomination.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2024 3:33 AM

I’m here to stay. He better get big Depends.

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2024 3:36 AM

She's just starting to look like a lunatic. Like a stalker ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2024 3:42 AM

r11, What is stopping everyone aged 18 to 55 from voting for anyone else but Trump in the Republican primaries? Is there some law that says only boomers are allowed to vote because then maybe you’d make sense.

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2024 3:58 AM

R25 Sounds like a match for dump.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2024 3:58 AM

Trump is a narcissist and a sociopath. Waiting for him to drop out is like waiting for him to die. It won’t happen anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2024 4:01 AM

WHY doesn't she spend every moment reading the orange turd to filth? How can you run against someone you also say you'd vote for? What is wrong with this bitch?

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2024 4:09 AM

I refuse to quit.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2024 4:20 AM

[QUOTE] WHY doesn't she spend every moment reading the orange turd to filth?

You clearly haven’t been paying attention, R29. She’s been coming at him harder than President Biden does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2024 12:15 PM

^ Biden calls Trump unhinged and an asshole all the time. Also Nimarata is more competition to Trump then Biden. She has to work harder

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2024 12:24 PM

I told you bitches even before Haley resigned as Trump's UN Ambassador, she is going to run to be the POTUS.

An Astronaut Then in Orbit could see that she saw herself as the first female POTUS. And, she had that ambition way before Trump was elected, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Haley knew that UN job was a nothingburger. Part of the reason she took it anyway is it would give her the up-close opportunity to interact with Trump.

In other words, she used being Trump's UN Ambassador for opposition research - on him.

I've always known and posted here, that Haley is one tough cookie.

I'm a staunch, partisan Democrat. There is no fucking way on Satan's or God's Green Earth I'd ever vote for a Republican.

I dislike her. I don't trust her. Her "consensus" bullshit on abortion is nonsense of epic proportions.

But I don't count her out. Not until it's official, one way or another, that Trump is the nominee.

Haley is like the rest of us, including his own wife, family and the Repug Powers That Be wondering "When is this Son-of-a- Bitch Trump gonna topple over dead?"

She banking on, and hoping, Trump finally dies, she's banking on, and hoping, that he finishes himself off by some gaffe that he absolutely, no way, can recover from, with chicken-shit, so-called moderate Repugs.

And Haley's got the dough-ray-mee to see this this through to, and beyond, Milwaukee ,WI. the site of the RNC.

Believe her when she says "I refuse to quit."

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2024 12:47 PM

^ Well, put. I pretty much figured that she was hanging on in hopes Trump dies or becomes so consumed in his legal woes that he just can't run, but I see her as a different side to the same coin and wish her nothing but ill will

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2024 12:53 PM

[quote]Trump is ‘unhinged’ and ‘diminished’, says Nikki Haley

But she said that she will still vote for the man at the election if he's nominated which he will be after super Tuesday 🤦🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2024 12:58 PM

If Trump were to die or drop out, the RNC would install Paul Ryan at the convention with a backup singer like Pence as VP.

I do want Nicki as opposition in the General just to mangle the song;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2024 1:20 PM

Haley is a dope.

She'll make a lot of noise then disappear. The GOP IS Trump.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2024 1:28 PM

Who the big money fronting her? That’s the only way she’s able to stay in the race

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2024 1:40 PM

Maybe she knows something we don't.

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2024 1:45 PM

[quote]You clearly haven’t been paying attention, [R29]. She’s been coming at him harder than President Biden does.

With far less effect though.

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote]Who the big money fronting her? That’s the only way she’s able to stay in the race

Democratic donors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 21, 2024 1:48 PM

This is funny about Haley in South Carolina:

[quote]The Haley campaign and her two allied super political action committees have booked $8.4 million in advertising there since the New Hampshire primary, according to data from AdImpact. South Carolinians have seen their former governor traverse the state on a two-week bus tour. Pro-Haley signs dot front yards and residents are inundated by multiple ads for her campaign on TV. …

[quote]By contrast, Trump’s team has booked no advertising in the state, with Make America Great Again Inc., the super PAC supporting him, spending just a modest $67,000 on text messages, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission.

She's behind Trump in her home state South Carolina by 28 points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 21, 2024 1:53 PM

Remember that SC is a state so full of GOP mouth breathers they elected Niki Haley governor! Of course they'll all vote for Trump!

What a SHIT HOLE!

by Anonymousreply 43February 21, 2024 2:01 PM

That’s not funny, R42. It’s pathetic. Nikki Haley did more for South Carolina than Trump ever will.

by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2024 2:05 PM

I think it's ridiculous when anyone donates to any political candidate, but it's even more absurd when people donate to candidates that have no path to win. I'm going to laugh at people who have to watch their donation disappear with nothing to show for it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2024 3:04 PM

I said what I said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 21, 2024 3:06 PM

[QUOTE] I think it's ridiculous when anyone donates to any political candidate, but it's even more absurd when people donate to candidates that have no path to win. I'm going to laugh at people who have to watch their donation disappear with nothing to show for it.

The longer Haley runs, the better for President Biden and the Democrats, R45. If you’re helping to extend her campaign, then you’ll have plenty to show for it.

by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2024 3:24 PM

R47, she’s having no impact on Trump, as South Carolina shows. Donating to Haley is just a masturbatory indulgence for those handing her money.

by Anonymousreply 48February 21, 2024 4:24 PM

Read the article I posted in OP, R48, to see the impact she’s having.

by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2024 4:34 PM

R49, there’s nothing indicating impact. On the contrary, “But Trump’s campaign predicted Haley’s demise in a new memo on Tuesday, projecting that Trump would clear the delegate threshold required to become the GOP presidential nominee as early as Mach 12, after voters in 21 states head to the polls.” In three weeks, it’s likely to be over.

See at r42 that in SC she didn’t even make him spend more money, and she’s still losing by a huge margin in her home state.

The Biden/Trump polls this week show Trump beating Biden in Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia and Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Haley is spending money from Democratic donors in South Carolina, but you think that’s smart, huh?

by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2024 4:46 PM

Hatchet Face

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2024 5:08 PM

I want Joe to win, enjoy his victory, and then run away with Jill feigning dementia only to leave us with our first female president of color.

Yes, with that administrative team, she could do an awesome job.

by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2024 5:39 PM

Perhaps, if she can snag enough delegates and the current frontrunner is later ... unavailable, she can leverage something?

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2024 6:14 PM

Lying bitch. She'll eventually drop out, probably after South Carolina, then endorse Trump so that she still can have street cred with the MAGAts in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2024 6:24 PM

Haley won’t endorse Trump, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2024 7:11 PM

I think she'll endorse him for "party unity" (aka: because of the death threats towards her and her family).

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2024 10:27 PM

R48 Is this like that findom thing?

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2024 10:35 PM

I think she's made too many (valid) criticisms to endorse him whole-heartedly. If she's against the wall on that, it'd be more a lame-sounding lesser-of-two-evils anti-Biden deal.

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2024 12:03 AM

I wish the Biden campaign would do more to take advantage of the situation. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, how much Trump would be trolling the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2024 12:21 AM

Haley doesn’t need to win South Carolina because the other shoe is going to drop very soon. The other shoe being Biden’s ouster.

Once Biden is ousted, Trump will drop out for health reasons. It will be fairly quick, because they will want to avoid the sudden refocusing by the media on his health, which is not good.

I don’t know how long they are going to let Biden drag on his campaign death march. Super Tuesday and the State of the Union are March 5 and 7.

I think any Democratic primary will be largely be for theatrics. Newsom will certainly win the larger states on which his name appears on a ballot (Maryland and New Jersey.) I think Newsom has secured the necessary apparatus of establishment support and donor support. However, Democrats being presented with a candidate who was only selected in a handful of states is a black eye on the party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2024 12:30 AM

We are more likely to see Biden leave after inauguration day for the first female president of color to take his place, giving her time to see if she's seen as capable for the nomination by 2027. If she's seriously unpopular after the 2026 midterms, she'd have to find a way to not run in '28.

My $.02 anyway ...

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2024 1:55 AM

But I could never be president… HAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2024 1:57 AM

That's a beautiful sweater Nikki is wearing in OP's pic, but of course she has to ruin it with the gaudy jewelry. If she were Prez, she'd cheapen our country in just the same way.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2024 2:20 AM

Nikki's biggest donors are sticking with her. Including the Koch organization. That tells me that those inside inside people are operating on informed speculation that Trump will not be a viable candidate. They believe "something" is gonna happen and he will not be the candidate. Either that or they will shove Nikki down his throat for VP, because the people he is looking at are non starters. Marco Rubio is just about the only one who might be a likely choice. Everyone thinks VP is the job to get because even if by some fluke Trump wins (he won't) his VP will be running the show.

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2024 2:26 AM

[quote]Marco Rubio is just about the only one who might be a likely choice.

Considering the 12th Amendment, no.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2024 2:39 AM

Of course she does.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2024 2:52 AM

I kick forward!

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2024 3:01 AM

“Joe Biden and Donald Trump are two very different men, but what do they have in common? THEY ARE OLLLLD!”

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2024 3:07 AM

And I Am Telling You, I'm Not Going.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2024 4:00 AM

Things you won't hear 'Nikki' say: "Donald Trump is a liar, cheater, fraudster and accused rapist. He's had 5 bankruptcies, 2 impeachments, 3 wives and umpteen mistresses. He ran the country for 4 years... into the ground. He denigrated our country with his criminal ways, undignified behavior and pottymouth. He is unfit to be President of anything."

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2024 5:19 AM

R60, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2024 8:06 AM

No, R71, it’s worse: he’s a troll.

by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2024 11:37 AM

Haley hammers Trump over support for dictators

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 23, 2024 3:55 PM

She’s a clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 23, 2024 4:07 PM

Interview on NPR yesterday, Haley said if Trump is the nominee she will support him. That is all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 75February 23, 2024 6:24 PM

Of course she will. What a fuckin bitch.

by Anonymousreply 76February 23, 2024 6:26 PM

But in the meantime, she is showing that Never Trumpers still have a vote in the Primary.

Haley may not be a Republican for Biden, yet, but she is certainly bolstering their unseen ranks.

Republicans for Biden will usher in the POST-Reagan Era, just as the Democrats-for-Reagan ushered it in.

An entire Blue Map...

by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2024 6:28 PM

[quote] Oh, and think about this: just like Killary Cunton, you're losing to a vulgar, ignorant, obnoxious, self-adoring shady businessman whose greatest achievement is hosting a reality TV show.

You are absolutely right and I wonder what that says about society. Trump is so blatantly misogynistic and yet 50% of white women voted for him in 2016. Why would a woman vote for a misogynist over another woman? Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 78February 23, 2024 6:56 PM

Will tomorrow's primary have any effect on DL's pro-Haley troll?

by Anonymousreply 79February 23, 2024 10:33 PM

She just said on FOX NEWS she will not be Trump's VP if he asks her. Absolutely not !

by Anonymousreply 80February 23, 2024 10:40 PM

She should have had some work done on her nose years ago.

by Anonymousreply 81February 23, 2024 11:01 PM

So, putting R73 and R75 together, Nikki says that she'll support a nominee who sides with foreign dictators against America. That's today's Republican party in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 82February 23, 2024 11:07 PM

She's a clown, couldn't even answer a question about the Civil War and slavery.

by Anonymousreply 83February 23, 2024 11:13 PM

[quote]Nikki's biggest donors are sticking with her. Including the Koch organization. That tells me that those inside inside people are operating on informed speculation that Trump will not be a viable candidate.

I was kind of thinking that too: more powerful forces are done with Trump, aren't willing to deal with his shit anymore & so they're basically paying her to be the sacrificial lamb. She's not totally suicidal - she's still Team Trump - but she's hanging around for when the (hopefully) drops dead, strokes out or gets hauled off in handcuffs

by Anonymousreply 84February 23, 2024 11:55 PM

[quote] She's not totally suicidal

It's true that as a political kamikaze, she's not literally suicidal, but she is committing political suicide within the Republican Party. She has no future in the party.

by Anonymousreply 85February 24, 2024 12:54 AM

[quote] She has no future in the party.

Waitress? Running the front desk at the Ramada Inn for the next CPAC?

by Anonymousreply 86February 24, 2024 12:56 AM

She has every reason to pick up as many delegates as possible through Super Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 87February 24, 2024 12:58 AM

[quote]She has every reason to pick up as many delegates as possible through Super Tuesday.

Delegates aren't like S&H Green Stamps. As one of the losers in the nomination fight, her delegates are worthless. No matter how many she accumulates, she can't turn them in for some kind of prize.

by Anonymousreply 88February 24, 2024 4:16 AM

She can if he drops out before the convention.

by Anonymousreply 89February 24, 2024 11:47 AM

The mainstream media is so eager to push Haley out.

by Anonymousreply 90February 24, 2024 4:59 PM

Nikki is running for 2028, on the I Told You So ticket.

by Anonymousreply 91February 24, 2024 5:44 PM

[quote]Nikki is running for 2028

Assuming the Democrats don't want her, which third party's nomination would she be running for?

by Anonymousreply 92February 24, 2024 6:48 PM

Among her own people, the GOP voters in South Carolina, a higher percentage of them agreed that Trump has the physical/mental health to be president than the percentage who agreed that she does. Considering all of Trump’s behavior, that’s got to sting for Haley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 24, 2024 10:47 PM

Haley is already the nominee. The donors have decided that. We only have the illusion of democracy in this country. Trump will drop out as soon as Biden drops out which is any day now.

by Anonymousreply 94February 24, 2024 11:50 PM

Walk us through this once again, R94. What's the evidence that "the donors" have decided that both Trump and Biden will drop out and that Haley will be the Republican nominee, despite losing the primaries so far? Or that these donors can put their decision into practice?

by Anonymousreply 95February 25, 2024 12:01 AM

And everyone refuses to vote for you.

It's a standoff. Nikki and the voters.

by Anonymousreply 96February 25, 2024 12:19 AM

Getting clobbered in her home state of South Carolina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 25, 2024 12:21 AM

I still kick forward!

by Anonymousreply 98February 25, 2024 12:25 AM

Hm, according to the NYT at R97 it's about 60/40 with 79% of the votes in. I don't agree with people who think that shows Trump's strength. He's a thoroughly known quantity, and close to half Republican voters are signaling they want someone else. Maybe there are Democrats sneakily voting for Haley (but they can't have voted in the D primary this month). Certainly most Republicans, especially in South Carolina, will fall into line in November. But Biden won his primary in SC with over 95%.

by Anonymousreply 99February 25, 2024 1:26 AM

Even Haley is laughing at the nuts that say she's actually running for the nomination in the future.

[quote]“People say I’m trying to set up a future presidential run. How does that even work?” Haley said with a laugh on Tuesday. “If I was running for a bogus reason, I would have dropped out a long time ago.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 25, 2024 1:32 AM

SHE HAS THE BACKING OF THE MONEY. The money always wins. Our democracy is an illusion.

by Anonymousreply 101February 25, 2024 2:16 AM

Can THE MONEY give a bitch a primary win???

by Anonymousreply 102February 25, 2024 2:17 AM

R101, the Biden campaign raised almost $100 million in the last quarter of 2023, then raised another $42 million last month. Does that suggest to you that "the donors" are ready to make him drop out "any day now"?

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2024 2:36 AM

She shouldn't quit, Trump is never going to make it to the finish line. I'm a Democrat so I wouldn't vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 104February 25, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote]She has every reason to pick up as many delegates as possible through Super Tuesday.

I saw in the news that if her humiliating loss in SC is big enough, she will get zero delegates there.

by Anonymousreply 105February 25, 2024 2:45 AM

She has no shot but Trump was running as the incumbent (since Rs think he won the 2020 election.) I think having 40% of the voters against you is not a great outcome. Those voters could stay home on Election Day. They don’t have to actually vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 106February 25, 2024 2:46 AM

R103 Yes, the donors are ready to make him drop out because donors only value winning. Biden will never recover from his downward trajectory. The polls reflect that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2024 2:47 AM

The latest polls show Biden ahead of Trump or even. Unless that changes why should Biden drop out.

by Anonymousreply 108February 25, 2024 2:49 AM

This is the most important political article from last year and nobody noticed. He was courting the donors who were there for Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 25, 2024 2:49 AM

R108 I won’t even dignify that with an answer. If you can’t see why Biden running EVEN with the worst President in American history is terrible, you are beyond help.

by Anonymousreply 110February 25, 2024 2:50 AM

I predict neither Biden nor Trump will be our next president. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 111February 25, 2024 2:51 AM

R111 I’ve been saying that for two months and no one believes me.

by Anonymousreply 112February 25, 2024 2:52 AM

I don't think you're making any sense, R107. Biden's donors are ready to make him drop out because they think he'll lose, while they've also sunk roughly $140 million into his campaign between September and January? Where exactly are you seeing evidence that Biden's fundraising is drying up?

by Anonymousreply 113February 25, 2024 2:54 AM

I get the criticisms of Biden. But if you look at presidents solely based on their accomplishments, he is one of the most successful in my lifetime. That doesn’t matter, because Americans want someone who makes them FEEL.

by Anonymousreply 114February 25, 2024 2:54 AM

It will be Newsom versus Haley with Haley having an advantage because we are likely heading into recession, but do not underestimate Gavin Newsom. He looks like Patrick Bateman for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 115February 25, 2024 2:55 AM

R113 almost none of that money has been spent. They’ll get it back and it will be redonated to Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 116February 25, 2024 2:56 AM

Yeah, that's really the way campaign fundraising works: donors send funds (totaling in the nine figures) to a candidate they're pressuring to drop out, confident that the campaign will give it all back to them when he does, so they can send it to someone new.

by Anonymousreply 117February 25, 2024 3:07 AM

r92, a Republican Party tired of losing under Trump.

by Anonymousreply 118February 25, 2024 4:24 AM

[quote][R92], a Republican Party tired of losing under Trump.

It's already been firmly established that she has no future in the Republican Party, so it would have to be third party.

by Anonymousreply 119February 25, 2024 4:56 AM

Newsom would have no legal rights to any of the cash raised by Biden/Harris. Kamala would, but not Gavin. Logistically he would've needed to start raising money last year, so a Newsom run ain't happening. Go watch Lawrence O'Donnell from last Wednesday night for a good explanation of all this. But just stop already with the Biden will drop out and Newsom swoops in scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 120February 25, 2024 5:02 AM

At 92% white, I don't see a lot of these black anti-Biden voters showing up?

by Anonymousreply 121February 25, 2024 10:58 AM

She seems to have kept him under 60% statewide. T-Rump's support is softer than it should be for an ex-president running as basically as a shoulda-been incumbent.

by Anonymousreply 122February 25, 2024 11:07 AM

Trump has no future in the Republican Party, as he may die within the next year or two. He’s quite visibly sick.

by Anonymousreply 123February 25, 2024 11:17 AM

She is being told to stay in the race by those with money. They want to make sure she is set up in case Trump isn't running in the end. Seems like the few on this board that follow psychics aren't the only ones. Most of the psychics have been saying for almost a year now that they do not see Trump's name on the ballot even though he does win the primary. One astrologer said the other day that by Sept. he could be in jail, be in the hospital or will have fled the country. Many have seen him fleeing. The other option is if he is convicted on an insurrection then he will not be allowed to run or win.

this is going to be a tumultuous year so hold onto your hats. Next year it will start to get a little better.

by Anonymousreply 124February 25, 2024 11:27 AM

The MAGA base now hates her, so she'd need a whopping share of independent voters instead for the general election.

by Anonymousreply 125February 25, 2024 12:05 PM

R122 That’s the story the media glosses over in favor of a “Trump rolls to victory” storyline — imagine a Democratic challenger to Biden getting 39% of the vote in a primary—the “Democrats in disarray—Biden in trouble!“ machine would be turned up to 11.

by Anonymousreply 126February 25, 2024 12:31 PM

[quote] She is being told to stay in the race by those with money.

The Golden Rule. Those that have the gold make the rules.

Nikki Haley understands this, Gavin Newsom understands this. Trump and Biden have no future.

by Anonymousreply 127February 25, 2024 12:40 PM

I'll repeat what I said above, R127: "those that have the gold" are donating to the Biden campaign (to the tune of almost $100 million just in the last quarter of '23 and another $42 million in January). You think that's their way of telling Biden he has no future? Maybe your observation works for Trump, but not for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 128February 25, 2024 12:56 PM

R128 And several things have also happened in the last few weeks which make it more and more likely that Joe Biden will badly lose reelection. Just last Monday we had two major mergers. Mergers mean recession. Biden’s age and fitness is being talked about nonstop, the special council’s report and his disastrous press conference made that the foremost re-election issue.

Any money stockpiled in a war chest won’t be used for months, it can all go back to the donors and be redonated to Gavin Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 129February 25, 2024 1:25 PM

R124 = Jeane Dixon

by Anonymousreply 130February 25, 2024 1:52 PM

She did better in South Carolina than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 131February 25, 2024 2:47 PM

She got 40% of the vote. Hundreds of thousands of voters rejected Donald Trump in a CLOSED PRIMARY and the media is trying to tell us how great this is for Trump.

Imagine if it was the other side and Joe Biden had an opponent getting 40% of the vote in a primary. The New York Times would have headline after headline, article after article screaming how this is catastrophic for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 132February 25, 2024 2:53 PM

Are you sure it was a closed primary, R132? I thought this link meant that it was open to Democrats and Independents (unless they already voted in the D primary).

[quote] South Carolina allows registered voters — Republicans, Democrats and independents — to participate in any primary of their choosing. But they can only vote in one, not both.

Regardless, you're right that the media should be making more of how soft Trump's support is based on his showing in the primaries/caucuses so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 25, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote] Hundreds of thousands of voters rejected Donald Trump in a CLOSED PRIMARY and the media is trying to tell us how great this is for Trump.

Because the media does not want Trump OR Biden. They want Democrats to panic so they give Captain Bligh the heave-ho.

Another very important article from this year that was overlooked

The media was ALWAYS going to determine the direction of the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 25, 2024 3:05 PM

My mistake. It’s an open primary. I thought it was closed.

by Anonymousreply 135February 25, 2024 3:06 PM

[QUOTE] Because the media does not want Trump OR Biden.

Nah. They may not want Joe, but they definitely want Trump. They loveeee the Trump Show.

by Anonymousreply 136February 25, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote] Confirmatory Any money stockpiled in a war chest won’t be used for months, it can all go back to the donors and be redonated to Gavin Newsom.

It doesn't work that way. The Biden/Harris campaign cash isn't a blouse you're returning to Macy's. Besides you've completely IGNORED Kamala Harrs, who would be the candidate if Biden dropped out. I already explained this at R120. Just stop already with this Newsom ain't running for POTUS this cycle.

by Anonymousreply 137February 25, 2024 3:09 PM

They LOVED the Trump Show. Trump is a repeat now. Trump is a repeat of NCIS or Blue Bloods, those shows where the demographic average is 70.

It does not matter if older viewers still love to watch them. Do you know why?

Because advertising no longer works on them. They are committed to the brands they have always used and are expendable.

These are the Nielsen demographics: 13-17, 18-24, 25-34, 35-54, 55+ and 18-49. 18-49 is the big one. They need candidates who will appeal to this demographic.

by Anonymousreply 138February 25, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote] Mergers mean recession.

Can you back this up, R129? There have been numerous big (> $25 billion) merges since Biden took office and so far no recession.

by Anonymousreply 139February 25, 2024 3:21 PM

Have you turned on Fox News? It’s nonstop hawking of MyPillow on the advertisements. This guy doesn’t have a lot of money. That means he is buying advertising very cheaply. Fox News is God’s waiting room.

After the Second World War, Australia embarked on an emigration campaign targeting people from Europe, particularly Italy, the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Greece. The campaign was called “Populate or Perish.” Fox News needs to “repopulate or perish.” They will go extinct with another Trump term. They need younger eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 140February 25, 2024 3:24 PM

R139 Must I do everything? Can’t you google if you’re that curious?

Economic recessions typically lead to a decrease in overall M&A activity for a variety of reasons. During a recession, both buyers and sellers usually become more cautious and risk-averse, which can slow down deal-making. Companies may delay or cancel M&A plans due to uncertainty about the target's financial health and the overall economic environment. Conversely, selling companies may remove themselves from the market due to reduced valuation.

During the last major recession, which occurred from late 2007 to mid-2009, there was a significant decline in merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. In 2009, global M&A deal value fell to its lowest level in several years.

According to data from Thomson Reuters, the total value of announced M&A deals in 2009 was approximately $1.8 trillion, a sharp decline from the pre-recession peak of over $4 trillion in 2007. This represented a substantial decrease in M&A activity, as the economic uncertainty and financial instability during the recession made companies more cautious about engaging in major M&A transactions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 25, 2024 3:30 PM

The big date on the horizon is April 8. On April 8, Warner Bros. Discovery goes bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 142February 25, 2024 3:34 PM

R141, your statement "Just last Monday we had two major mergers. Mergers mean recession" seemed to be saying that the recent mergers are a sign of an imminent recession (bad for Biden). I did google, and couldn't find discussions of any such relation.

What you're saying now is that recessions dampen M&A activity: a predictive effect in the opposite direction. Could you explain why you think that the current mergers are a sign that a recession is coming?

by Anonymousreply 143February 25, 2024 3:40 PM

Who are the lunatics in this thread who keep urging us to believe the preposterous fantasy that neither Trump nor Biden will be on the ticket in November?

Why are you nonstop inflicting your very active fantasy life on us?

by Anonymousreply 144February 25, 2024 3:48 PM

New York Times is salivating for Trump. Trump Trump Trump. Everything is great news for Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 25, 2024 4:01 PM

But everything is bad news for Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 25, 2024 4:05 PM

The Times is totally in the can for T-Rump. That image at R145 looks like iconography of a star over the king's head from ancient Greece and Rome.

by Anonymousreply 147February 25, 2024 4:15 PM

Evidently because it’s the consensus among the psychics, r144. These fantastical posts about some shadowy “big money” and media pulling the strings to make Gavin Newsom president in *checks watch* nine months are very tin hat-ish.

by Anonymousreply 148February 25, 2024 4:29 PM

Seems like it’s part of the fantasy life of a gay who masturbates to Newsom daily

by Anonymousreply 149February 25, 2024 4:31 PM

The "Trump is a stallking horse" troll isn't just saying Trump and Biden won't be on the ballot in November—they're saying they'll be dropped "any day now" (R2 and R94).

by Anonymousreply 150February 25, 2024 4:32 PM

Trump is actually controlling the House majority by remote control, so the idea that he’s a stalking horse is so poignantly delusional.

There was no better evidence that the country has gone off the deep end than Trump winning the election in 2016, but these delulu posts really just reinforce that crazy has gone mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 151February 25, 2024 4:40 PM

The right-wing echo chamber is also pushing heavily the sentiment that Biden will drop out and Newsom will step in. I was in line checking in to a Vegas hotel and was eavesdropping on a conversation between two right wingers in front of me, totally convinced that the Democratic nominee would be either Newsom or Michelle Obama. And they went on and on about it for the 15 minute wait. If you could've seen my eye rolling, it's a miracle my eyes didn't get stuck in the back of my head!

by Anonymousreply 152February 25, 2024 4:40 PM

I’ll be damned, R152. I had a rightwinger in line at the post office last week float the same two friggin names: Newsom and Michelle Obama. The notion that Michelle will paraglide into the Democratic convention like the ‘93 Fan Man and be crowned the nominee is the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard, yet it’s so pervasive.

by Anonymousreply 153February 25, 2024 4:49 PM

If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve.

by Anonymousreply 154February 25, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote] The notion that Michelle will paraglide into the Democratic convention like the ‘93 Fan Man

When they go low, she goes high!

by Anonymousreply 155February 25, 2024 4:59 PM

The set of the most recent polls looked at together were right on the money. Considering margin of error, they were as accurate as you can get in predicting an election. A lesson for those pooh-poohing the Biden/Trump polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 25, 2024 5:07 PM

R153 Michelle Obama has said repeatedly for years that she hates politics. I'm guessing that the right wing knows that she would never run for President (so it'll never happen), but it makes them SEEM less racist. Like "See, we really like this black lady so we can't be racist." They are so lame, transparent, and ham-handed. Yet the rubes buy into it (which is a really depressing thought, how many stupid people exist in America).

by Anonymousreply 157February 25, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote] if elected, I will not serve. - Michelle O.

That’s a given, considering her using her previous time at the White House to go on extravagant vacations.

by Anonymousreply 158February 25, 2024 5:10 PM

r118, at some time the Republican Party will either reorganize or implode like a white dwarf.

Haley, Cheney and Kinzinger will be there to pick up the pieces.

by Anonymousreply 159February 25, 2024 6:39 PM

There’s obviously a schism in the party, but given how entrenched the two-party system is, the moderates will continue to suck it up and tether themselves to the crazies. It’s their best chance at ever winning elections against democrats, even though that prospect gets less and less likely the crazier the crazies get.

by Anonymousreply 160February 25, 2024 6:52 PM

r160, the implosion will happen when the there is a shift from 30% Never Trump to 60% never Trump after this next lost election.

Trump taking all the RNC cash for his personal legal coffers will be a turning point.

2024 will be a point in MAGA and TEA Party political history when they realize they will not, ever, recreate 2016.

by Anonymousreply 161February 25, 2024 7:05 PM

Fuck you r158. You’re trash and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 162February 25, 2024 9:33 PM

Charles Koch pulls out of Nikki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 25, 2024 10:03 PM

Since her future in the GOP is now gone, this may be the only future she has left in politics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 25, 2024 10:14 PM

So "No Labels" is admitting they're just a rightwing outfit, "interested in" a candidate who wants a national abortion ban and lower taxes on the superrich. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 165February 25, 2024 10:21 PM

An embryo is a child! I disagree with the Alabama decision!

by Anonymousreply 166February 25, 2024 10:44 PM

Can someone explain why The NY Times is now favoring Trump ? I thought they were a liberal paper (which is why Trump hated them). Now they like Trump ?

BTW, this thread has been very informative with everyone's different opinions and different views. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months leading into the conventions.

by Anonymousreply 167February 25, 2024 10:45 PM

Because the New York Times wants liberals to be SCARED of another Trump presidency. That way they are easier sold on Biden stepping down.

Koch is wise to pull out of spending money on Haley, because nothing will change the ratio of Trump supporters to her supporters.

Except one thing.

Biden pulling out. Biden pulls out, Newsom becomes the Democratic frontrunner. Nothing will put the fear of God in Trump supporters than Gavin Newsom. Because Gavin Newsom may be a shitty governor of an ungovernable state, but he is the correct age for a President in a country that worships youth and good looks. The biggest movie of last year was Barbie. This is Ken and Barbie go to the White House.

And Gavin Newsom can troll Trump in ways Biden or Clinton could not do.

At that point, they abandon the old man for Haley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2024 12:22 AM

r168, Enough!

Also, you're a stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2024 12:23 AM

No, r169, you are a stupid cunt for insisting on keeping the withered husk of Joe Biden on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2024 12:25 AM

[quote] Can someone explain why The NY Times is now favoring Trump ?

Cause they love the drama, and expect stupid dingbats to love it too.

by Anonymousreply 171February 26, 2024 12:26 AM

he's got the nomination r170. Stop being a Bernie Bro about this shit. It's done. Stop being a moron about what is going on.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 172February 26, 2024 12:27 AM

R169 is what happens when you go on a 10 day meth bender. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 173February 26, 2024 12:27 AM

no r173. that's when you start having fever dreams about magical conventions where randos step in to become the next great nominee of the party, just cause, like, the Illuminati man.

by Anonymousreply 174February 26, 2024 12:29 AM

R168 Thank you for the NYT explanation - now it's making sense.

by Anonymousreply 175February 26, 2024 12:31 AM

R172 you can put your head in the sand all you want. Joe Biden has lost the general election. No one has entered an election year with his negatives and won.

You worship party and process, you don’t care that the Titanic is headed straight for an iceberg as long as the place settings at dinner are correct. The people who control this country and the Democratic Party - the wealthy - are not going to send a human scarecrow into the general.

It was over for Biden as soon as Hillary said something. If there was anything the Clintons were good at, it was triangulation.

by Anonymousreply 176February 26, 2024 12:33 AM

and you worship fantasy and nonsense. Stop being a clown and a fool. That is what never ends well r176.

by Anonymousreply 177February 26, 2024 12:35 AM

In November the country will be faced with a choice: the career criminal and treasonous asshole rapidly slipping into dementia whose only thought is killing all his enemies, or Joe Biden. I cannot say it will choose wisely, but that will be the choice.

All this nonsense and Haley and Newsom and Michelle Obama does not matter.

That will be the choice.

by Anonymousreply 178February 26, 2024 12:37 AM

“Like Caesar, he is surrounded by enemies.”

The seeds of Biden’s downfall were planted long ago. These are Newsom’s allies. That’s his District Attorney, his congresswoman. Casey Wasserman is the donor he did favors for. The Clintons would love to be kingmakers. The legacy media would love an exciting twist in the race with new characters who appeal to younger people. Look what the media is doing right now, demolishing Biden’s reputation. Who are his allies? Obama? Obama is busy making content for Netflix. He has no allies. He is expendable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 26, 2024 12:45 AM

that's it, r179, that's the thing? well, okay then, you silly little whore. That is the best you got. So be it.

by Anonymousreply 180February 26, 2024 12:48 AM

R178 and they will choose the criminal because he is more entertaining.

Your values are shit. You think you have values, but you don’t. If you had values you would understand the incredible risk Biden has put the country in by not stepping down at an appropriate age. An arrogant, foolish old man who believes he is a knight errant, here to save democracy, and instead only leads to its destruction. A nominee chosen without primaries.

I have said this before, I am the model Democratic voter. I vote consistently in every election, state, local, municipal. I put bumper stickers on my car. I volunteer, I make phone calls, I knock on doors, I donate money, I participate in pre election polling. If a Democratic President loses a person like me, he has fucked up IMMENSELY. Joe Biden is the only person who has ever made me feel betrayed as a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 181February 26, 2024 12:55 AM

And you can “MIGHTY JOE BIDEN” all you want. People HATE HIM. You will never make people not hate him.

by Anonymousreply 182February 26, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote]Joe Biden is the only person who has ever made me feel betrayed as a Democrat.

I'm still waiting to hear some kind of evidence for your fantasies (other than various polls).

by Anonymousreply 183February 26, 2024 12:57 AM

Then again, you are a clown and a fool r181. yes, Biden, the president of the United States is running for reelection. This is not a shock or a trauma except for those who have decided it is, the Bernie Bros and the other clowns. Your "betrayal" is entirely self inflicted. You are being ridiculous.

And actually, if the country is set to choose a man like Trump who has made it clear that his one and only thought is being a fascist toddler avenging himself on everybody who was ever "mean" to him, then we are not only fucked, but have been fucked for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 184February 26, 2024 12:59 AM

R183 Why should I give you evidence? You’ll discount everything until it actually happens.

I repeat: you have NO values. Everything you accuse Trump and his voters of being, a senile old doddard and brainwashed cult members, is exactly what you are.

In you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 26, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote] yes, Biden, the president of the United States is running for reelection.

And Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson, when they saw they could not win, stepped down. Of course you would have realized that, but you are stupid and worthless.

by Anonymousreply 186February 26, 2024 1:04 AM

Also, bitch, there are primaries. If you want to vote for Dean Phillips you are free to. Stop pretending that there is some secret upsurge of Democrats dying to vote for somebody else. If everyone wanted Newsom, he had an opportunity to jump in and win all primaries in the fantasy in your mind.

by Anonymousreply 187February 26, 2024 1:05 AM

Okay, the resident troll has evidently woven elaborate fantasies on the basis of some obscure grievance against Biden, fueled by his poll numbers and encouraged by a bizarre misapprehension of the political process. I recommend that we all block him and go back to the subject of this thread. If, in fact, within a few days Biden steps down, followed by Biden, and are replaced by Newsom and Haley in accordance with the plotting of the donors, we all just deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 188February 26, 2024 1:07 AM

I’ve been betrayed by Biden!

by Anonymousreply 189February 26, 2024 1:07 AM

R188 should say "Biden steps down, followed by Trump," obviously. We'll see!

by Anonymousreply 190February 26, 2024 1:09 AM

And yet he did not because the Party would not select him is he publicly challenged him. Do you remember what happened in 1980? Of course you don’t, because you are stupid.

Gavin Newsom will do what is necessary subvert every act of propriety in politics and he will be successful. Biden will be remembered forever for his foolishness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 26, 2024 1:14 AM

Cassandra r190, I know you’re the only one here clever enough to plainly see the secret machinations of The Powers That Be.

As a thought experiment though, suppose that none of your contrarian prognostications come remotely to pass. Would you create a new thread in which to publicly eat crow, or do you think you’d just quietly slink away and stop posting on these threads?

by Anonymousreply 192February 26, 2024 1:16 AM

What are you babbling about r191? Bernie lost. Get over the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 193February 26, 2024 1:16 AM

r182, you should have gotten used to Trump losing by now. Your problem is with the Republican Party.

Biden is a simple old-fashioned Liberal who is simply moving an agenda of equality, and inclusion for all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 194February 26, 2024 1:19 AM

Well you got simple and old-fashioned right.

Biden is a centrist. He is not a Liberal and has never been considered one, Delaware is not a liberal state, and Biden does not champion equality and inclusion for anybody but his league of old white men. He failed Kamala Harris so badly that Democrats are terrified of a campaign built around, “He will die and Kamala will become President.” You will try and rewrite Biden as much as you want, but liberals - actual liberals who hold liberal values - will never remember him fondly.

Like I said before, you have no values.

by Anonymousreply 195February 26, 2024 1:27 AM

and like I said r195, you are a clown and a fool. Your values seem to be entirely built around weird and stupid resentments. Great, now get the fuck out of the way, and let everybody else get on with trying to make a better country.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 196February 26, 2024 1:29 AM

[quote] let everybody else get on with trying to make a better country.

I would, but there’s a stupid old man in the way.

Did you see the nursing home episode of the Golden Girls?

“Runaway wheelchair” needs to happen to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 197February 26, 2024 1:31 AM

As I said in R188, I recommend blocking this troll now that his eccentric theories have given way to pure malignant delusion.

by Anonymousreply 198February 26, 2024 1:33 AM

And yet you haven’t blocked me yet r198. I wonder why?

Is it because in your heart of heart, you know Biden is doomed?

by Anonymousreply 199February 26, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote] You will try and rewrite Biden as much as you want, but liberals - actual liberals who hold liberal values - will never remember him fondly.

Good lord. what is your actual goal on this thread, really?

by Anonymousreply 200February 26, 2024 1:36 AM

R200 What is your goal on pushing in doomed candidate onto others?

by Anonymousreply 201February 26, 2024 1:37 AM

R186 is completely ignorant of American history,so believing anything he/she/it says.

Harry Truman never stepped down from anything, asshole. He won the election in 1948 despite everyone saying he couldI n't. Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 202February 26, 2024 1:58 AM

Harry Truman was only 64 when he won in 1948, and was clearly not suffering the cognitive decline that Biden has been experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 203February 26, 2024 3:13 AM

[quote]Biden is a centrist. He is not a Liberal and has never been considered one,

And would never be considered one until the political spectrum was stretched so far right by Tump and his evil fascist ilk.

Now, Biden is a regular Liberal with regular Liberal aspirations who will sign lefty progressive legislation if it gets to his desk. But then it wouldn't be lefty progressive legislation if passed by both House and Senate.

by Anonymousreply 204February 26, 2024 3:58 AM

He was a Trojan horse.

by Anonymousreply 205February 26, 2024 4:10 AM

I can't see the current Democratic party going with white guy Newsom over the POC female veep. OUTRAGE would ensue!

by Anonymousreply 206February 26, 2024 9:39 AM

r206, which is why the most consequential President since LBJ will "retire" in his second term, third year, creating the first Female President, who will run as an incumbent.

by Anonymousreply 207February 26, 2024 9:58 AM

[quote]“Suicide for our country”: Nikki Haley goes scorched earth on Trump

Bitch is going nuclear only now that she's all but lost and the Kochs have stopped giving her money? She's not the smartest cookie, is she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 27, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote] Harry Truman never stepped down from anything, asshole. He won the election in 1948 despite everyone saying he couldI n't. Sound familiar?

Harry Truman had the option to run for reelection in 1952. He chose not to because he was unpopular. So did Lyndon Johnson.

Of course you know this, unless perhaps you are… not an American!

by Anonymousreply 209February 27, 2024 7:06 PM

When the Michigan primary results are known tonight, please remember that Haley has now set the bar at “40%” for the indicator that she’s successful, based on her SC results. That’s out of her own mouth. We’ll see if tonight she moves the goalpost to 25%.

by Anonymousreply 210February 27, 2024 7:54 PM

r210, the actual trip wire for a General Election fuck up is a 10% showing of Never Trumpers.

Haley is saving Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 211February 27, 2024 7:56 PM

Haley doesn’t have to drop out. She can suspend her campaign and simply hope Trump gets convicted or drops dead. Neither are unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 212February 27, 2024 7:58 PM

Also, the Michigan GOP is most fucked up over the Fake Electors Sedition. It would not surprise me if Haley got closer to the 50% than she did in SC.

r212

by Anonymousreply 213February 27, 2024 7:59 PM

The Emerson poll from yesterday shows her getting a max of 24%, even with undecideds allocated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 27, 2024 8:04 PM

Haley is like a nat of a fighter throwing jabs and dancing with no chance to win. But it’s not like they don’t do some damage take some toll.

Joe I believe is just warming up saving himself and his millions while Haley keeps jabbing away.

Joe is getting ready to unleash the dogs of war on Don and I think he is going to kick his ass. Biden does have to stay healthy.

Trump has always been the democrats best hope. And Joe will take advantage of that.

by Anonymousreply 215February 27, 2024 8:25 PM

[quote]Joe is getting ready to unleash the dogs of war on Don and I think he is going to kick his ass. Biden does have to stay healthy.

No he doesn't, then he pulls the FDR card.

Biden was Democrat's best hope in 2020 because racist/homophobic/women hating voters were Democrats best hope.

Trump is Democrat's best hope in 2024 because of the same racist/homophobic/women hating voters. They have shrunk.

We are in a period of transition, moving from a white majority nation to a white plurality nation. We have, since 2016 - the great grab for power, flipped the election coin on its fucking side. History has shown that we are moving to Democrats run government but since 2016, each election has throttled that decision AND EMPOWERED REPUBLICAN CAPITALISTS to continue their possession of the US Government.

Until now. This election will be as important an election as the Reagan Election of 1980.

The election that ushered in unbridled Republican warfare on the middle class, the destruction of unions, the destruction of the Savings and Loans, the destruction of on and on and the creation of the billionaire class, after the stress test of Donald Trump. Reagan did not know he was a capitalist stooge, only a protector of small government...HA! Pure bullshit.

And now we have Republican Senators trying to eject Mitch McConnell for cooperating with Democrats on the Bipartisan Immigration Bill? Fuck yes he is, because Mitch knows that all power runs through the Senate and he is set to become Senate Majority leader again. That is why he is so cooperative because if Republicans want MORE corrupt supreme court justices and their decisions, they need to regain the Senate. All the corruption and killing or pregnant women is because those justices were appointed by McConnell and Trump.

The war for the soul of America is a Democratic Super Majority in the Senate. The last time we got it, we passed ObamaCare and fucking Republicans have spent BILLIONS overturning it without success.

by Anonymousreply 216February 27, 2024 9:51 PM

[quote] Haley is like a nat of a fighter throwing jabs and dancing with no chance to win.

Haley is like a kamikaze pilot, used by TPTB and crazed with “patriotic” fervor, who flies off into battle and crashes and burns while her target presses on ahead, unstopped and undeterred.

by Anonymousreply 217February 27, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote] And now we have Republican Senators trying to eject Mitch McConnell for cooperating with Democrats on the Bipartisan Immigration Bill?

There’s a lot more to it than that, going back several years, but it could be looked at as potentially being the last straw (although I predict it won’t be).

by Anonymousreply 219February 27, 2024 10:04 PM

What the hell is R220 and R218 doing? It looks creepy

by Anonymousreply 221February 28, 2024 7:21 AM

R221, that's what a person does when they've blocked a poster, so their posts don't show on the person's feed, but want to see their posts anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222February 28, 2024 10:23 AM

R221 They want to 'tell' everyone that they've blocked someone instead of going to their ignored page to look at the posts. It also defeats the point because if you block someone, you've done so to not read their posts. So WHY are you wanting to read the posts now and annoying everyone else in the process? Unblock them or go to the ignored page ffs.

I find that there are quite a few people who have views I like and views I don't so blocking is not very useful. The only person I block is the food troll plus royal/trans threads.

by Anonymousreply 223February 28, 2024 10:32 AM

So those blockers are the weak progressive cunts that hang out at DL being afraid to read a posing opinions then sneak to read the opposing opinions?

Truly what a weak cunt and so willing to advertise to all that they are a weak cunt. ( not a reflection on woman or vaginas. )

Not that they will see my response:-)

by Anonymousreply 224February 28, 2024 11:02 AM

R222 r223 r224

by Anonymousreply 225February 28, 2024 11:43 AM

R225

by Anonymousreply 226February 28, 2024 11:44 AM

R218

by Anonymousreply 227February 28, 2024 11:45 AM

R220

by Anonymousreply 228February 28, 2024 11:45 AM

[quote]When the Michigan primary results are known tonight, please remember that Haley has now set the bar at “40%” for the indicator that she’s successful, based on her SC results. That’s out of her own mouth. We’ll see if tonight she moves the goalpost to 25%.

The wealthy backers funding her have removed their financial support. Apart from everything else - to win she needs a lot of money and she doesn't have it. It's only a mater of time now.

by Anonymousreply 229February 28, 2024 11:58 AM

She still has millions of dollars of her own money, R229. She doesn’t need the Pacs. She can sustain her campaign through Super Tuesday, then suspend it and be ready to make the case at the convention that she deserves the nomination if the GOP gets rid of Trump. That was her goal all along. None of the other candidates will have as strong of a case as Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 230February 28, 2024 12:11 PM

r230 That's why I think she's still hanging in there. Just in case.

by Anonymousreply 231February 28, 2024 12:19 PM

Staying in has helped her as far as 2028. Dropping out has not IMO helped desantis for 2028. More neutral for him.

She at least looks like a fighter being the last one standing. People will remember that.

Let’s hope there is absolutely no chance she will be VP on the gop ticket or P. She would be tougher to beat than Trump IMO.

by Anonymousreply 232February 28, 2024 12:25 PM

Was it Huckleberry Finn where the charlatan prances about naked in blue paint before escaping town with the rubes’ money?

I believe she’s waiting for this to happen with Trump. His water carriers are being picked off at an accelerated pace.

by Anonymousreply 233February 28, 2024 12:26 PM

Thing is, the convention will be full of MAGA delegates ... who HATE her! I can't see any of them forgiving her by 2028, let alone now. She's going to be about as unpopular as Liz Cheney when this us all over.

by Anonymousreply 234February 28, 2024 2:47 PM

You are correct r234.

by Anonymousreply 235February 28, 2024 2:49 PM

YOU GO GIRL!! Once fat boy gets the nomination keep running as an independent. Dilute that republican vote as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 236February 28, 2024 2:52 PM

R234

The primaries where the general population votes for someone occurs long before the convention, she will not need forgiveness she will need gop votes in the primaries.

And other than trump she has done the best at that this go round.

Besides if trump gets blown out by Joe and defeated once again trumps name will be absolute gop shit in 2028. He will just be another two time loser who failed.

by Anonymousreply 237February 28, 2024 2:54 PM

Haley, while being totally unelectable, is showing the feet of clay that the Never Trumpers represent in the Gener Election.

The Never Trumpers are the precursors to the

Republicans for Biden.

They shall arise.

by Anonymousreply 238February 28, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote] Besides if trump gets blown out by Joe and defeated once again trumps name will be absolute gop shit in 2028.

That doesn’t make sense. I predict Republicans will regard Trump the same as Democrats regard Hillary Clinton. Yes, a loser, but not a pariah. Actually, Trump is likely to have an ongoing level of influence with Republicans that is greater than Hillary’s with Democrats. Over time, it will certainly wane though. It will be a fade, not a drop off.

by Anonymousreply 239February 28, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote] Thing is, the convention will be full of MAGA delegates ... who HATE her! I can't see any of them forgiving her by 2028, let alone now. She's going to be about as unpopular as Liz Cheney when this us all over.

The Haley shill probably imagines Haley being elected president with Cheney as her VP and Kinzinger as her Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 240February 28, 2024 5:59 PM

Haley represents the beginnings of the reconstituted non-MAGA republican Party.

Cheney, Kinzinger and she are starting with 25-30% of the Party. That is what they will be doing in the four years of the second Biden Administration.

Oh, and Trump and the MAGAts will be fighting off the death penalty in Florida. They will be occupied.

by Anonymousreply 241February 28, 2024 6:03 PM

R239

Yes if Trump loses once again bringing more ruin on the gop election wise they would both Clinton and Trump would be seen as losers without influence. Not a pariah just no longer important. Losers have a stench about them

Those who lose do not retain political clout in their party especially if they lose 2x.

Ask Jimmy Carter

by Anonymousreply 242February 28, 2024 6:12 PM

She has so much integrity that she still won't say whether or not she will vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 243February 28, 2024 6:23 PM

Who are you to question Nikki Haley’s integrity, R243? She has a husband in the armed forces.

by Anonymousreply 244February 28, 2024 7:13 PM

Do try harder R244.

by Anonymousreply 245February 28, 2024 7:46 PM

"I refuse to quit! And to win!"

by Anonymousreply 246February 28, 2024 7:51 PM

Smart move. She'll qualify if trump drops dead or goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 247February 28, 2024 8:03 PM

Sorry R244, your sarcasm flew right over my head. I'm so used to the troll tards on here saying how wonderful Nimrata is, I reflexively posted.

by Anonymousreply 248February 28, 2024 8:14 PM

We all continually forget one thing. As crazy as Trump is today I'm willing to bet that by November he will stark raving mad, if he's not dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 249February 28, 2024 9:33 PM

She was vapor locked onto Trump's butthole until about a month ago, most likely hoping for VP contention. . So much for integrity.

by Anonymousreply 250February 28, 2024 11:56 PM

There's a very high level of "conspiracy theory" going on in this thread.

What's that all about? Anyone care to fill me in?

by Anonymousreply 251February 29, 2024 3:32 AM

I think the Supreme Court is great. Don’t ask me about Clarence Thomas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 29, 2024 4:57 AM

She’s a Republican running for the Republican presidential nomination, R252. What exactly are you expecting from her?

by Anonymousreply 253February 29, 2024 1:53 PM

R251

“On this thread”

LOL you must be new to DL

by Anonymousreply 254February 29, 2024 1:58 PM

Nikki calls for Trump trials to be held before the election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 1, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote] Nikki calls for Trump trials to be held before the election

Her behavior to-date has indicated that after exhausting the primary process she would go scorched earth like that. If she can’t be queen, she’s going to destroy the kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 256March 1, 2024 3:59 PM

R256 What is she, Republican?

by Anonymousreply 257March 1, 2024 4:59 PM

r256, she should not be faulted with going after the Dark Lord.

It is unfortunate that she is only able to use CRUCIO! rather than AVADA KEDAVRA!

by Anonymousreply 258March 1, 2024 5:14 PM

Lisa Murkowski sends her love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 2, 2024 6:28 AM

She knows... 'something'. But that doesn't mean she'll be the automatic nominee when Turd goes down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 260March 2, 2024 6:50 AM

Again, the convention delegates will be overwhelmingly MAGA, who'd support anyone [italic]but[/italic] her!

by Anonymousreply 261March 2, 2024 11:08 AM

R261

Great insight from someone that can speak for all gop and maga.

by Anonymousreply 262March 2, 2024 11:39 AM

Has Susan Collins commented or is she still thinking about it?

by Anonymousreply 263March 3, 2024 5:52 PM

She endorsed Nikki, R263. In typical Susan Collins fashion, she did it way too late when it didn’t matter at all. I’ve never seen a more worthless politician. Roland Burris was a better senator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 3, 2024 6:02 PM

R264

If only Susan had acted sooner Trump may have been stopped dead cold in his tracks. And Nikki might be closing in on victory. Or not remotely close.

It still helps just a little even late because at some point Trump needs to lose some support and Biden at the same time gain it. Moderates are as likely a group as any to make that happen,

by Anonymousreply 265March 3, 2024 6:09 PM

Susan is one of the quiet enablers who waffled, waffled, waffled but every fucking time voted for Trump and his Supreme Court nominee.

by Anonymousreply 266March 3, 2024 6:38 PM

You know what I realize, this woman is seething because she truly thought this was her year. They all know deep down inside how unelectable Trump is. In pre-Stranger Things universe he is “unelectable” and should be unelectable. But in reality he isn’t. And you know why that reality exists because of the brand of misogyny and sexism. She knows it and it hurts, that’s why she is aging like crazy. All the things libs complain about in society is happening to her before her very eyes.

by Anonymousreply 267March 3, 2024 6:43 PM

Susan Collins is a Bushie type Republican, which is pretty far right wing. The media needs to quit pretending she's some sort of moderate.

by Anonymousreply 268March 4, 2024 6:16 AM

She is the face of Gen X politics.

She's overlooked. She won't catch on. She'll never be president.

by Anonymousreply 269March 4, 2024 6:18 AM

R268 😂. I love you. I see my influence increasingly everyday on this site. I’m just that dude.

by Anonymousreply 270March 4, 2024 6:20 AM

Well her win in DC has made her more unpopular with the MAGAts that I know. They are now screeching on their socials that she's a commie/liberal/Hillary/OBiden plant and her only goal is to "Stop President Trump from Making America Great".

These people will despise her forever now, so well destroying another career. #ETTD

by Anonymousreply 271March 4, 2024 10:39 AM

*well done destroying

by Anonymousreply 272March 4, 2024 10:40 AM

No one in their right mind ever thought Susan would be an option on any ticket for vp or P. Not a slight remote chance at any time in her history.

Realizing that does not make you insightful because everyone inc Susan knows that.

by Anonymousreply 273March 4, 2024 11:00 AM

This year both conventions might be meaningful since that's where the nominations could be decided.

by Anonymousreply 274March 4, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote] This year both conventions might be meaningful since that's where the nominations could be decided.

The delegates at the convention will formalize the nomination if that’s what you mean by “decided”. The outcome will be set in stone when the candidates accumulate a majority of the delegates before the convention.

by Anonymousreply 275March 4, 2024 5:26 PM

R274

Only if Joe or Don drops out and the convention actually has to pick the nominee. Otherwise silly hats lots of music and a rubber stamp.

by Anonymousreply 276March 4, 2024 5:32 PM

[quote]Otherwise silly hats lots of music and a rubber stamp.

You cannot call the 50+ primaries and the other candidates a rubber stamp. It is the process.

by Anonymousreply 277March 4, 2024 5:47 PM

R277

This convention will be a rubber stamping of the primary results. And yes that is the process.

Unless of course it’s an open floor fight that would only happen if one of the two very old men drop out.

by Anonymousreply 278March 4, 2024 6:04 PM

Not going to happen as the Democrats are united out of FEAR of a MAGA government.

by Anonymousreply 279March 4, 2024 6:06 PM

Aside from a couple of fascist shithole countries, the entire world is in vomitous fear of a MAGA government.

by Anonymousreply 280March 4, 2024 6:07 PM

Nikki suspending her campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 6, 2024 10:30 AM

When and as she hangs it up she’ll endorse Trump, because of course a narcissistic, megalomaniacal indicted Republican possibly suffering from dementia is preferable to a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2024 12:59 PM

Yep, R282. She'll cave like the grand canyon.

by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2024 1:35 PM

Where is the troll that insisted that Trump is being paid to drop out so that Nikki Haley could swoop in and be President? Or is Nikki dropping out somehow part of that plot? Do enlighten us, troll.

by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2024 3:32 PM

Yeah, where's your Stalking Horse now, troll boy?

by Anonymousreply 285March 6, 2024 3:35 PM

Stalking Horse is on a meth bender.

by Anonymousreply 286March 6, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote]Do enlighten us, troll.

He/she/they/it won't be back, not on this.

by Anonymousreply 287March 6, 2024 3:41 PM

She gave it her all.

by Anonymousreply 288March 6, 2024 3:42 PM

I hope the Stalking Horse troll isn't face down in a pool of her own sick. That would be a shame.

by Anonymousreply 289March 6, 2024 3:44 PM

I actually think that the Stalking Horse Troll is over on the "SHOCK POLL: Trump Has Biggest Lead Since 2015" thread (which he started), now fully immersed in Biden-hate while he doubtless gropes around for more evidence that Biden and Trump will drop out "any day now" at the behest of the big donors. The unsupported claims of Biden's weakness and refusal to answer to the evidence are trademark.

by Anonymousreply 290March 6, 2024 3:46 PM

R284 right 😂. Call out these trollish hoes. They be posting nonsense. We need to hold them to task.

by Anonymousreply 291March 6, 2024 4:00 PM

Is the troll also the Haley 2028 nut? (Everything that has happened, including the permanent alienation of a majority of Republican voters, has been part of her master plan to get the GOP nomination in 2028.)

by Anonymousreply 292March 6, 2024 4:33 PM

We should be taking bets on when Nikki Haley will publicly endorse Trump.

by Anonymousreply 293March 6, 2024 4:33 PM

R293

I am a fan of unpopular choices that pay off big

$10 on Never

by Anonymousreply 294March 6, 2024 4:40 PM

Of course she will endorse Trump. Repugs always fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 295March 6, 2024 4:41 PM

[quote] “Donald Trump made it clear he doesn’t want Nikki Haley’s supporters. I want to be clear: There is a place for them in my campaign,” Biden said.

The supporters of a woman who didn’t think slavery was a cause of the Civil War and who thinks embryos are the same as babies? Really, there’s a place?

by Anonymousreply 296March 6, 2024 4:57 PM

We need every vote we can get, R296.

by Anonymousreply 297March 6, 2024 5:03 PM

The Bush campaign knew that appealing beyond their base in 2000 was the only way to win. (except for not recounting all the Florida votes ). Since then they have been focusing on exclusion politics, conquer and divide.

by Anonymousreply 298March 6, 2024 5:07 PM

Poor Judge Judy. 0 for 2.

She’s still washing the Bloomberg stain out of her robe.

by Anonymousreply 299March 6, 2024 5:10 PM

R296

Seriously it’s any Biden supporter dumb enough not to want their support and votes ? Other than those that might be on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 300March 6, 2024 6:13 PM

We better hope and pray that Nikki holds out and refuses to endorse Trump. In fact the Democrats should be offering her something to hold out. She doesn’t have to endorse Biden. Her failure to endorse would speak volumes, and Biden could make courting her voters a big part of his campaign message.

by Anonymousreply 301March 6, 2024 6:45 PM

r300, is that all Republicans have.

Not running on the Trump record, like the time bomb of the Trump Tax cuts, sun downing for the poors in 2025.

Now that is an election year issue.

by Anonymousreply 302March 6, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote]Biden could make courting her voters a big part of his campaign message.

I heard that a big part of "her" voters are actually Democrats, who voted in the GOP primary to vote against Trump. So the good news for Democrats is that you already got a lot of her voters. The bad news for Democrats is that it doesn't reduce the number of Trump voters, since they would never have voted for him or any GOP candidate in the general.

by Anonymousreply 303March 7, 2024 12:37 AM

Too legit to quit!

by Anonymousreply 304March 7, 2024 1:35 AM

R304 The thing is Trump’s support among the general public is underreported. I suspect Trump does better among white male Millenials and Gzers than statistical data analysts and pollsters are able to account for somehow. Anyone get what I’m saying?

by Anonymousreply 305March 7, 2024 2:00 AM

I meant r303.

by Anonymousreply 306March 7, 2024 2:01 AM

Yeah r305 I think people are afraid to say the support Trump because of the baggage that carries with it. Scary times.

(Plus who are they polling anyway? I've never been polled no pun intended.)

by Anonymousreply 307March 7, 2024 2:10 AM

Oh who the hell knows what Trump's "real support" is? It will all come down to a nailbiter in November. I suspect we all know it. Lot of shit and nonsense between now and then, but some very, very narrow victories here and there in November. Just pray they go narrowly in the right direction.

by Anonymousreply 308March 7, 2024 2:42 AM

"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" (she goes. exit stage right)

by Anonymousreply 309March 7, 2024 2:49 AM

Are people quietly supporting Trump, or is the Great pool of Independents quietly disgusted by the rapist who repealed Roe ?

by Anonymousreply 310March 7, 2024 2:57 AM

I do think there is an undercurrent of women that are really, truly, deeply pissed about Dobbs, that is not getting counted for some reason, but of course, can't know that for sure.

by Anonymousreply 311March 7, 2024 2:58 AM

How will Trump be the end of democracy?

That seems to be a buzz phrase from the left talking point.

He'll do bad things but then be on his way in 4 years. Democracy will still be here, no?

by Anonymousreply 312March 7, 2024 3:01 AM

Trump voters are not shy. Trump voters love, love, love telling you, your mama, and everyone within earshot they are voting for Trump and can't stand Biden. Are you all really claiming that there are millions and millions of "secret" Trump lovers?

They aren't donating jack shit, so they must be super "secret" and poor as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 313March 7, 2024 3:02 AM

R312 is an ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 314March 7, 2024 3:03 AM

Honestly I don't know r312. I think we have allowed a lot of powers to flow into the presidency over the past 100 years, and a thoroughly corrupt president like Trump would be, even more than his first term, could probably use those powers to fuck shit up, but it's a good question. I don't know the specifics, and we really need to think about that.

by Anonymousreply 315March 7, 2024 3:05 AM

[quote]The thing is Trump’s support among the general public is underreported.

This doesn't seem to be the case in 2024. If anything, there seems to be a phenomenon of overrreporting his support, leading to him coming in short of expectations in the primaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 7, 2024 3:08 AM

I will say, when all this is done, if it doesn't end disastrously, we really need to take a hard look at the presidency itself and wonder if we have created a presidential dictatorship already, while we were barely paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 317March 7, 2024 3:08 AM

Well, Trump wasn't going to let losing an election keep him from the presidency. What makes you think he's going to let a little thing like term limits keep him out of the White House. He'll just ignore it like he does all the other rules. Plus, if he has a repug Congress, there's no limit to the fuckery they can inflict on the country. Get ready.

by Anonymousreply 318March 7, 2024 3:20 AM

Haley/Rice 28’

by Anonymousreply 319March 7, 2024 3:49 AM

Haley/Toilet Bowl 2028

by Anonymousreply 320March 7, 2024 3:53 AM

Plenty of juicy corporate boards for her big brains to sit upon

She'll make out just fine

by Anonymousreply 321March 7, 2024 3:59 AM

r312, no.

by Anonymousreply 322March 7, 2024 7:57 AM

explain then r322

by Anonymousreply 323March 7, 2024 8:52 AM

Explain, R323? Did you miss the part where Trump vowed to be a dictator on day one of his presidency?

by Anonymousreply 324March 8, 2024 12:02 AM

Poll shows Haley voters twice as likely to vote for Joe rather than Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 8, 2024 3:50 AM

He can say it r323 but it doesn't mean all the checks and balances of the government will fall away.

Seems like you can't explain if that is all you got.

by Anonymousreply 326March 8, 2024 4:30 AM

What happened to that poster who was adamant that Hayley would end up being the GOP nominee and everything was a big act so Dump could grift money? And everything was preordained by very powerful people and something something.

What happened to that poster?

by Anonymousreply 327March 8, 2024 12:12 PM

R325

Yes and we have morons no I mean progressives on these DL threads who say——we don’t want them.

The enemy on the outside and the enemy from within. Fuck them both with a sharp jagged stick.

Joe and his people should be recruiting her and her followers aggressively.

R327

I believe they are still here and are now posting the Biden will drop out threads and is running just to make Harris potus.

by Anonymousreply 328March 8, 2024 12:21 PM

[quote] What happened to that poster who was adamant that Hayley would end up being the GOP nominee and everything was a big act so Dump could grift money?

I strongly suspect it's the same poster who's all over these threads badmouthing Biden without any real substance or understanding of the issues. He may be switching accounts (I've started blocking him), but his stylistic and ideological footprints are obvious. He's quite tedious.

by Anonymousreply 329March 8, 2024 12:25 PM

R329

It takes a strong man or woman to refuse to read posters who do not agree with them 100%. But in your case you can’t read them but you know their “ stylistic and ideological footprints” anyway.

Well played and pretty amazing that you are offering analysis of posts you can’t see.

by Anonymousreply 330March 8, 2024 1:14 PM

Oh, give it a rest, R330. I see enough of this troll's endless, unsupported diatribes on Biden's age and ethics to know he has nothing consequential to say and is just clogging these threads up with more nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 331March 8, 2024 1:30 PM

To be fair, r331, endless repetition is a hallmark of DL. Especially on political threads, something like 80%+ of replies are just repeating the same view point over and over. I just skim through long threads looking for anything new or different since most replies are just saying the same thing in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 332March 8, 2024 2:21 PM

But, R332, most of the repetitious replies you're talking about aren't fact-free, oblivious vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 333March 8, 2024 2:23 PM

Haley will be his VP choice. betcha. Yes. I am posting this in all relevant Trump threads.Why? Because I want the credit for guessing it first. Or if I am wrong, I will bask in your ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 334March 8, 2024 2:31 PM

I want credit for predicting that Haley won’t be his VP.

by Anonymousreply 335March 8, 2024 2:35 PM

You get two $5 gift coupons to Taco Bell.

by Anonymousreply 336March 8, 2024 2:39 PM

If he did pick Haley as his VP, I'm not sure it would win his ticket any new supporters, because after all their feuding and his graceless refusal to reach out to her supporters it would look like a cynical joke.

by Anonymousreply 337March 8, 2024 2:42 PM

She’s anathema and would cost him votes.

by Anonymousreply 338March 8, 2024 2:43 PM

Think about it. In the middle of the campaign season, he is so mentally addled he might start attacking Haley, forgetting she is his running mate. I would love it. He is more than capable of such a public mental lapse.

by Anonymousreply 339March 8, 2024 2:54 PM

If you call an opponent “sanctimonious”, that rift can be healed. When you label them birdbrain, it’s clear there’s no going back.

by Anonymousreply 340March 8, 2024 2:59 PM

So many people with wrong guesses

by Anonymousreply 341March 8, 2024 2:59 PM

Yes. The Trump/Pelosi ticket. A winner with MAGAts! Or will Orange Jesus call it the Trump/Birdbrain ticket?

I guess it will depend on how much Adderall he's snorted.

by Anonymousreply 342March 8, 2024 6:28 PM

So is this dipsthit voting for Dump or not?

by Anonymousreply 343March 8, 2024 6:32 PM

Nikki still getting hundreds of thousands of primary votes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 20, 2024 12:11 PM

[quote] Nikki still getting hundreds of thousands of primary votes

There are a lot of people who want to see a woman president soon, and they know voting for her at this point doesn’t hurt anything.

by Anonymousreply 345March 20, 2024 1:15 PM

I still think he is going to try to get Haley as his running mate. Will her ambition overcome her antipathy???

by Anonymousreply 346March 20, 2024 1:49 PM

If it does, R346, she'll have to weigh her ambition against the possibility that Trump will lose or that, if he wins, his popularity will sink so low that everyone around him will be tainted.

by Anonymousreply 347March 20, 2024 2:29 PM

[quote]I still think he is going to try to get Haley as his running mate.

He sees her as a rival. Even though she's been defeated, he's not going to forgive her so easily. He'd also probably be worried that she would draw attention away from him, and he WON'T have that.

by Anonymousreply 348March 20, 2024 2:42 PM

Nimrata is showing the weakness in the MAGAt Base.

From 2016 to 2020 Trump lost Republican and Independent voters. Hello Joe!

From 2020 to 2024 Trump is losing MORE Republican and Independent voters. HELLO JOE, AGAIN!

Looking for -Republicans for Biden 2024- to landslide this election.

Goodbye Electoral college and every future dictator.

by Anonymousreply 349March 20, 2024 3:23 PM

Read an article yesterday saying that many of Nimrata's biggest donors are shifting to Biden. Trump is a fool. He needs money and he needs votes, and she could have brought both. However, she would also risk losing support among those who saw her as an alternative to Trump. You know, with all the bullshit in the media about Biden and the various demographics who are "unenthused" Why the FUCK don't they really highlight just as often, the huge drop in support for Trump. They need to keep hyping this race because it forces the campaigns to spend money on ads. It just pisses me off. The national news media in America is so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 350March 20, 2024 4:07 PM

Running mate? She's a TRAITOR! More likely a MTG from GA. I don't think he'll last until November without a complete breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 351March 20, 2024 10:47 PM

Biden campaign releases ad courting Nikki voters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 29, 2024 4:26 PM

You know what?? In 2020 we voted overwhelmingly to elect Joe. But we were not "enthused." We knew what was at stake. We showed up. This time, we are not enthused. But we will show up. And all the theatrics with immigration, and these organized paid agitators for Palestine will fall by the wayside. The fact is the people who are agitating for the Palestinians, many of them are not Middle Eastern people. To those who are, they need to face reality. Will they be better off under Trump? Do they think Trump will help Muslim Palestine? OR turn his back on Netanyahu? Trump is going to do whatever his Muslim hating buddy Vladimir Putin wants. And this recent ISIS attack in Russia was all part of the staging. Stop listening to this whores on TV. None of them are much better than Ronna McDaniels.

by Anonymousreply 353March 29, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote] This time, we are not enthused. But we will show up.

I actually am enthused.

by Anonymousreply 354March 30, 2024 12:57 AM

[quote]In 2020 we voted overwhelmingly to elect Joe. But we were not "enthused." We knew what was at stake. We showed up. This time, we are not enthused. But we will show up.

Are you and your group in a red state or a blue state?

by Anonymousreply 355March 30, 2024 1:11 AM

I was enthused when I voted for Hillary.

I was enthused when I voted for Biden.

I am enthused to vote for Biden again.

by Anonymousreply 356March 30, 2024 1:14 AM

I don’t even think Hillary was enthused to vote for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 357March 30, 2024 2:39 AM

Turd stress-eating today..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 24, 2024 2:27 PM

Haley got one sixth of the vote in PA even though she closed down her campaign a month and a half ago. Bigger Dem turnout than Republican in PA, and Biden got a bigger share of the blue vote (almost nine tenths) than Trump did of the red vote. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 359April 24, 2024 2:31 PM

When he saw that he’s still ahead of Biden in Pennsylvania in today’s Morning Consult poll, he might not care about the rest, but who say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 24, 2024 2:58 PM

There has to be something wrong with polls like the one in R360, when they have Trump ahead, but then a couple of weeks later, when push comes to shove and actual people vote, the Democrats have a bigger wave and Biden gets more votes in his primary than Trump gets in his.

We saw this on Super Tuesday. The NYT was analysing their (Sienna) poll saying that almost half D voters wanted someone other than Biden, but the same day, across 15 states, Biden was grabbing around 80% of the vote even when people had Phillips or "none of the above" to choose from. I'm not sure what it is—does Poll Troll know?—but the polls this season seem to be contradicted by actual votes.

by Anonymousreply 361April 24, 2024 3:28 PM

People think Haley has disappeared, but she is waiting to see what happens to Trump at this trial before she agrees to be on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 362April 24, 2024 3:56 PM

When you ask polling question it confuses the person being polled because they interpret questions for themselves.

But when put to a simple Trump or Biden vote, 60%+ are going Biden.

People who say Trump is better for the economy, also won't vote for him.

It's all about how the question is asked.

Plus, no Democrat ever since Hillary's loss with take polls at face value.

Democrats are going to campaign until the last vote is cast.

by Anonymousreply 363April 24, 2024 5:22 PM

If Biden loses it will be the youth of America that carries Trump to victory.

by Anonymousreply 364April 24, 2024 5:27 PM

She's not going to be on the ticket, Trump will never choose someone who tried to take what he thinks is rightfully his.

by Anonymousreply 365April 24, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote] But when put to a simple Trump or Biden vote, 60%+ are going Biden.

No. When put to a simple Trump or Biden vote, 46% are going for Biden (and 46% for Trump).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 24, 2024 6:41 PM

Polling has been gamed and is now a campaign strategy, pushing an inevitability and/or GOTV tactics. They're no longer any true measure of public sentiment. Thanks Nate Silver - for weaponizing objectivity.

by Anonymousreply 367April 24, 2024 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!