Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Quiet On Set"....this looks GOOOOD!

We've been writing on DL about what a psychopath Dan Schneider was at Nickelodeon but this is a full length investigation. And if any DLers worked on these shows or with Schneider, this would be a great time to share them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2024 8:29 PM

People are wondering whether Amanda Bynes will be featured. Also will Drake Bell's own situation with an underage girl be talked about.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2024 2:14 PM

And something the docs will be talking about is how Schneider had a foot fetish and had enough power to make Nickelodeon's logo a foot.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2024 2:18 PM

Can’t wait to see this .,.. can’t blame all of Amanda Bynes mental illness on this toxic man —- but it didn’t help. These child actors are thrown to the wolves . Probably there is so much more we don’t know about .

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2024 9:27 PM

How far back and how long did it go? Was Dan a “pioneer”? Or was there a predecessor who let him in?

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2024 9:34 PM

We'll finally find out Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy!

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2024 7:18 PM

Oh, please. This will be all innuendo. Stop falling for these shitty docs.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2024 7:24 PM

[quote] Can’t wait to see this .,.. can’t blame all of Amanda Bynes mental illness on this toxic man —- but it didn’t help.

You’re either a fem or a frau. Either way you’re embarrassing and in desperate need of a life. Don’t you have “your stories” to watch?

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2024 7:26 PM

Ah, so glad the Nickelodeon PR team has found DL!

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2024 7:27 PM

[quote] And something the docs will be talking about is how Schneider had a foot fetish and had enough power to make Nickelodeon's logo a foot.

That’s all it will be along with alcohol being in the presence of kids. People don’t understand that these networks sit around now thinking up documentaries out of nothing. They don’t care. They get attention. Fuck actual substance or evidence. It’s a joke.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2024 7:28 PM

Drake is going to be in the docuseries talking about being abused by a dialogue coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2024 2:03 PM

Where can one find this? Is it out yet?

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2024 2:29 PM

It's a two part series that will air on the 17th and 18th on Investigation Discovery and streaming on Max.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2024 2:33 PM

I know I'm betraying my age but being an asshole to your employees isn't a scandal. It's really common. And if the worst they can say about him is that he was an asshole then who cares?

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2024 2:34 PM

There have been rumors around for years that Schneider is an abuser and has a foot fetish. The show Victorious has been a bunch of feet related undertones

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2024 2:46 PM

It's not a rumor that he has a foot fetish. It's pretty damn apparent if you have ever seen any of the shows he helmed.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2024 4:05 PM

In “Quiet on Set,” numerous colleagues and former cast members allege that Schneider tested boundaries by writing off-color jokes and creating provocative visual gags that were clearly out of place on a show aimed at — and starring — children. In one of the more stark examples, he created a character called Penelope Taynt — as in the bawdy slang term for the perineum — who was played by Bynes on “The Amanda Show.”

The series also shows footage of other scenes from Schneider’s shows and clips he uploaded to the web in which underage actors were inappropriately sexualized, including a sequence in which future pop superstar Ariana Grande doused herself in water while she’s seen lying upside-down off the side of a bed and another in which she attempted to “milk” a potato by squeezing it with both hands. “All That” cast member Leon Frierson also recalled wearing a costume in character as a superhero named “Nose Boy,” whose costume had a phallic-looking nose on each shoulder and who sneezed clear, viscous “snot” all over a female cast member’s face.

Other former cast members on “All That” say they were uncomfortable with the gross and sometimes dangerous challenges they were asked to perform, as part of a segment called “On Air Dare” that was modeled after the reality competition show “Fear Factor.” Bryan Hearne recalled a stunt in which he was completely covered in peanut butter that was then licked off his body by dogs — something that he now likens to “an awkward fantasy from a freaky dude.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2024 4:11 PM

Who on the set would not be attracted to Drake Bell's cock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2024 4:45 PM

A lot more of Drake. OMG. Drake jacking his dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2024 4:49 PM

Bell says the assault consisted of the most brutal act you can imagine.

surprise anal?

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2024 4:51 PM

Brian Peck also molested Corey Haim.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2024 5:07 PM

Peck's penpal and idol was John Wayne Gacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2024 7:39 PM

I wonder what happens to the Peck support letter writers: James Marsden, Taran Killam, Alan Thicke, Rider Strong, Will Friedle, and Joanna Kerns,

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2024 8:09 PM

There wasn’t any actual sexual abuse. Just innuendo. This doc will be a big nothingburger but everyone has their mind made up already which is why the doc was commissioned in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2024 8:16 PM

Will the final episode of the docuseries delve into Drake Bell's own issues related to allegations of inappropriate behaviour with minors?

I agree, this will amount to nothing. Brian Peck is low hanging fruit as he is already in jail.

One of the trades did a deep dive on Dan Schneider a few years ago and other than the creepy nonsense detailed in this thread regarding depictions of the girls on the show, his treatment of writers and the bullying and accusations of trying to get Jeanette McCurdy to drink while underage, there has not been anyone (to my knowledge) who has said he molested any of his actors.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2024 9:16 PM

R24, Peck did 16 months and is out of jail

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2024 10:20 PM

I'm a little disappointed in James Marsden. It's been 24 hours since this story of him supporting a pedo was released and he can't even get his people to write up a PR denial. I guess this means he doesn't regret what he did, and now I'm wondering if he's a predator himself. I liked a few of his movies in the past so it's disappointing that he's associated with this crowd, but then again I almost forgot he was Cyclops in the Bryan Singer X-Men movies. Apparently the two of them go way back. James recently became a father and hopefully he keeps the kid out of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2024 8:04 PM

Taran Killam, Alan Thicke, and James Marsden defended Peck

Gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 14, 2024 11:16 PM

If there was any there there he would be sitting in jail. This is going to be another bs documentary. They’re shutting them out at this point.

by Anonymousreply 28March 14, 2024 11:43 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but is there any relation between Brian Peck and Josh Peck?

by Anonymousreply 29March 14, 2024 11:47 PM

Kerns said if she knew all the facts she would’ve have signed the letter. Drake Bell talks about going to court during sentencing and victim impact statements and Brian Peck has all these famous people on his side of the courtroom and Bell said they were glaring at him.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2024 12:04 AM

That should be if Kerns knew all the facts she would not have written a letter in support of Peck.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2024 12:05 AM

This looks good.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2024 12:06 AM

I don’t know anything about these shows but why in hell does a cable channel sitcom aimed at tweens need a dialect coach?

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2024 12:16 AM

Rider Strong ran into him on Bot Meets World and supported him because of it. He later said: "He didn't say that nothing had happened," Strong said. "So, by the time we heard about this case and knew anything about it, it was always in the context of, 'I did this thing, I am guilty. I am going to take whatever punishment the government determines, but I'm a victim of jailbait. There was this hot guy. I just did this thing, and he’s underage.' And we bought that storyline."

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2024 12:23 AM

These are the letters that were written after Bell was convicted. No statements yet. Damn, didn't these people know this was coming? Were they preparing a statement after they were exposed? I really wonder what will happen with Marsden who wrote the longest letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2024 12:42 AM

Rider Strong is in his 40s and on the podcast, proved he doesn't have a PR team.

“I still feel like we should not be ruining this man’s life more. I still feel that. I think there’s a lot of layers to that. It just makes me so uncomfortable,” he said. “The fact that this person, this convicted child sex offender, worked on ‘Boy Meets World,’ is not even one of the top 100 facts about ‘Boy Meets World’ in the universe. After this, it’s going to be the thing. It’s going to rise to the top of one of the most talked about facts about us and our show … I don’t like the idea that we are affecting the cultural memory of ‘Boy Meets World’ with this. That’s a bumme,r because I feel like, in my experience of ‘Boy Meets World,’ it’s not that big of a part of it.”

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2024 12:54 AM

People lie all the time. Especially for money.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2024 1:39 AM

Speaking of Boy Meets World...does anyone remember that clip from Open Secret where Ven Savage was going to gay mafia parties with guys connected to DEN like Michael Huffington?

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2024 3:43 AM

When you see how people are so dismissive of actual abuse, you have to realize why victims turn to drugs and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2024 4:26 AM

Anybody have a link to the show? I dug around on ID and it’s not even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2024 5:06 AM

r40 Look on Max (HBO Max). It's on there.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2024 5:08 AM

I bookmarked this. I'm beyond eager to ruin the last remaining happy remnants of my childhood. Bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2024 5:10 AM

[quote]And something the docs will be talking about is how Schneider had a foot fetish and [bold]had enough power to make Nickelodeon's logo a foot.[/bold]

On second thought, never mind. That's enough ruined childhood for one night.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2024 5:19 AM

Nickelodeon had a foot logo in the 80s first (pre-Schneider), then a reimaging of it in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2024 6:56 AM

So far there's only a preview on Max. I can't find an Open Secret, is it available or scrubbed from all streamers?

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2024 5:08 PM

I didn't think An Open Secret was ever on any streamers. It was released online. You can watch on other sites, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2024 5:34 PM

Dan Schneider is such a hideous pig. His outside matches the rot inside. I wish someone would murder him.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2024 5:56 PM

An open secret was a scam. Nothing didn’t in there at all. And no minors were sexually abused. All those people were of age.

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote] And no minors were sexually abused. [bold]All those people were of age.[/bold]

Thanks for clearing that up.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2024 6:13 PM

R48=Brian Peppers

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2024 6:16 PM

Another nice Jewish boy…

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2024 6:20 PM

R49, The selling point of “an open secret” was that it was about Hollywood gay pedos raping boys. None of the boys featured were minors and very few of them were actually sexually assisted in any way.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2024 8:10 PM

Sexually assisted?

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2024 8:24 PM

Brian Peck has ties to Bryan Singer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2024 2:19 AM

Here comes the race card. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2024 2:21 AM

Let me sum up this documentary:

I felt uncomfortable.

I wasn’t catered to.

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2024 2:23 AM

This grown man is angry that Schneider didn’t come to him and ask him how he was doing going through his divorce. lol. These people are embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2024 2:32 AM

R56/Schneider the Hutt has obviously discovered The DataLounge.

Welcome, you fat pervert CUNT fuck pedo.

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2024 2:32 AM

All these people have no careers. They want money and publicity. Being a victim now gets you catered to in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2024 2:33 AM

r56 and r57 are the same person. Geez, we're talking about a convicted child predator. This goes beyond "I felt uncomfortable"

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2024 2:35 AM

Other than that Jason Handy dude who was an obvious groomer / pedo, sending nudes to that one girl, all the allegations about Dan Schneider amounts to him being a misogynistic asshole fatty who was acting out his power fantasies in the workplace over his staffers. They are trying to reach with his relationship with Amanda Bynes. All of this, "seems like", "felt like" - but have no proof that anything untoward went on.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2024 2:42 AM

Wtf with some of the people in this thread. People have talked about Dan Schneider for years, much like the whispers about Weinstein.

[quote]The series reveals a nightmarish world in which at least three convicted sex offenders — production assistant Jason Handy, animator Ezel Channel and dialogue coach/actor Brian Peck — were on staff with full access to children. (All were convicted after they had been hired for the shows.)

[...]

[quote]n 2003, Peck was arrested on 11 charges, including sodomy, a lewd act against a child and oral copulation of a person under 16, and oral copulation by anesthesia or controlled substance.

[quote]Peck was ordered to serve 16 months in state prison and register as a sex offender, but soon sailed right back into Hollywood — nabbing a job on the Disney Channel kid show “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” in 2006 and continuing a career in the entertainment industry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2024 6:15 AM

Much ado about nothing. ID has a bad history of making documentaries out of nothing. Remember Onision? lol. The one guy that was actually a perv did time. The rest of this is “I was uncomfortable.” Yeah, welcome to life. The one insane mother was asking if she should tell the cops that her underage daughter was getting pictures of the guy masturbating. The real scandal is bad parenting. We see this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2024 10:33 AM

In 2003, Peck was arrested on 11 charges, including sodomy, a lewd act against a child and oral copulation of a person under 16, and oral copulation by anesthesia or controlled substance.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2024 11:46 AM

the 4chan creeps have been calling him out for like a decade now. it's a meme to give him crass nicknames. such as dan "likes em tighter" schneider.

by Anonymousreply 65March 18, 2024 11:54 AM

What is more likely: several sex offenders ran a kiddie show and virtuously kept their hands to themselves; or, several sex offenders probably diddled the little kids they had access to?

by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2024 1:24 PM

And STILL not drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2024 1:35 PM

AN OPEN SECRET director Amy Berg talks working for Dan Schneider.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2024 2:49 PM

James Marsden's career is over! Oh wait......

by Anonymousreply 69March 18, 2024 2:51 PM

Jeanette McCurdy's book was surprisingly well-written, funny and sad.

I bought it on recommendation from a friend who usually reads much fancier stuff, so I gave it a go.

Really good, and her encounters with a thinly-veiled Schneider gave me goosebumps.

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2024 2:59 PM

R68 of course she didn’t see any of the pedo stuff, she was over the age of 12 at the time

by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2024 3:19 PM

I'm confused, there seem to be four episodes, airing as two, two hour specials.

All of the facials and implied cum shots are totally fine for childrens entertainment. Even as a kid watching this crap felt off. I'm genuinely surprised bukake didn't work it's way into a 'sketch'.

by Anonymousreply 72March 18, 2024 11:23 PM

Drake Bell is spilling the tea. Peck also coached Leonardo. There is a scene in the doc that shows how Leo would copy Peck’s touchy feely mannerisms. Hm….

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2024 1:17 AM

Drake Bell was caught grooming a 12 year old girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2024 1:39 AM

But. Drake has a big dick, while Leo's is tiny.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2024 1:59 AM

R9=Schneider the Hutt

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2024 3:08 AM

Hey R74/Schneider the Hutt, they address that and the other problems he's been facing. Why didn't YOU agree to be interviewed, Schneider the Hutt?

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2024 3:18 AM

Why no comments from the fat girl? I thought she was the biggest star, literally and figuratively on Nickelodeon. I never watched anything on Nickelodeon but I know here.

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2024 3:30 AM

Mrs. Seaver is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2024 3:31 AM

[quote]And something the docs will be talking about is how Schneider had a foot fetish and had enough power to make Nickelodeon's logo a foot.

This is why they refused to make me head of Nickelodeon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 19, 2024 3:39 AM

I'm in the middle of watching it, and while I don't doubt there was abuse in certain cases, the filmmakers have not proven their point and the stuff they're going with so far is really lame. I hope they do better because they haven't proven their case so far.

by Anonymousreply 81March 19, 2024 3:40 AM

The majority of this is just whining.

by Anonymousreply 82March 19, 2024 3:43 AM

[quote]Why no comments from the fat girl?

Who?

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2024 3:43 AM

The woman with the vocal fry and the other one with the tattoos is such a Tumblr stereotype. Take a drink every time they say “toxic”. lol. This did not have to be 4 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2024 3:44 AM

Drake’s dick isn’t big. LPSG has the pix and the video.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2024 3:44 AM

The biggest thing I've learned from this is that Amanda Bynes was annoying an untalented from a very young age.

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2024 3:44 AM

Mostly whining. I never watched any of these shows but Drake Bell was cute.

by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2024 3:48 AM

Don’t silly comedies feature feet a lot because feet are silly?

Did the fat guy get the girls to touch his dick with their feet?

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2024 3:53 AM

The biggest whiners so far are this Katrina chick and the two women writers for the Amanda Show.

Katrina just comes off as a jealous cunt who was pissed because she aged out of the show and Amanda Bynes took her place and was way more popular than her. Hes biggest complaints were that the producers called her parents and told them she was gaining too much weight, and then that she had developed too much and looked like a young woman. Well hello, honey, it's a show for kids with kids. What did you expect? And she just seethes when she talks about Amanda getting her own show.

This is what you get when Discovery produces your doc. A bunch of bullshit masquerading as hard hitting news. I wish Dan Schneider would rape David Zaslav.

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2024 3:53 AM

[quote]Why no comments from the fat girl? [quote] Who?

Lori Beth Denberg, I suppose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2024 3:55 AM

That's okay. There's a fat chick writer who's whining enough for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2024 3:57 AM

Only one account in this thread is defending Schneider, and regardless of what anyone says he did or didn’t do, his television shows were full of scenes of minors in extremely adult situations. I had to pause the final episode after a montage of sequences that showed teenage actors (including Ariana Grande) licking things, sucking on things, getting their feet massaged, etc. In the context of the TV shows, these were quick moments that would have been lost on young viewers. Seeing them all lined up, and knowing how many adults were involved in setting up, shooting, editing and signing off on these moments, it’s very hard to believe this went as far as it did. Even if no one comes forward and says Dan Schneider touched them, he still took fetish videos of teenager and aired them for the world to see. He demanded a junior writer to act out being sodomized as she told a story in a roomful of men. Dan is as gross on the inside as he is on the outside, and the people who hired him licked this potato-shaped, clown-hair’s ass because he laid golden eggs. It’s gross and he was enabled.

I think this documentary builds on what Amy Berg tried to do in An Open Secret, which unfortunately didn’t see wide release because one of the main interviewees cited an incorrect date in legal testimony about Bryan Singer. Both documentaries cover similar territory about Hollywood being an easy place for sex abusers to exploit hopeful kids and parents, but Quiet On Set makes a bulletproof case for this happening at higher levels, in a very mainstream way, and suggests how many blind eyes are turned to kids working in the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2024 4:16 AM

Hey you cunts need to leave Lori Beth Denberg alone she was my absolute favorite! She was always full of useful information, and the only one on Nickelodeon that ever made me laugh out loud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2024 4:21 AM

The two black ones made it loud and clear that they came up with all this “they was racist” bullshit once they met up as adults. This documentary should have focused on Drake and Brad Peck. There’s no there there with San Schneider no matter how much social justice warriors and third wave feminists want their to be. Ironically, Drake said that the only one who was caring to him was Dan.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2024 4:47 AM

Yeah, the two back actors who were on the All That reboot were just whine central. I'll give Bryan Hearne the peanut butter sketch. That was awful, but he and his mother watered it down by whining about everything else.

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2024 4:49 AM

There’s nothing to defend Schneider against. There’s nothing there. That is the point. This is more hysteria, everyone’s a victim, won’t somebody please think of the children, malarkey. It’s so frauish. The real story was Brad Peck and the only reason it wasn’t is because ID wanted to capitalize on all the Dan Schneider conspiracy theories online. How ID comes up with these ridiculous documentaries has been discussed. They literally look for anything and then twist things to try to make it that the show is worthwhile. There was no way this thing needed to be 4 hours.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2024 4:50 AM

So Bryan Hearne's mother was a mouthy, trouble making cunt and because of her, he gets fired before the third season. And she still can't take responsibility for it after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2024 4:57 AM

I didn't buy Drake Bell's dad's story.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2024 5:55 AM

I had read before he had a thing for feet. What a disgusting man. I could never figure out how he stay married to a woman whose career was "Hungry Girl" when he was a fat slob.

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2024 8:38 AM

Amanda Bynes wanted to be emancipated to screw off with a boy, and the trouble begins...

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2024 8:56 AM

The director at R68 seems like she'd be good friends with Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2024 9:36 AM

Drake should have listened to his father.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2024 10:00 AM

I watched all 4 episodes having never watched that era of Nickelodeon or knowing about any of the scandals. I had never heard of Dan Schneider. The documentary was well done and shed light on toxic work environments and sexual exploitation of children in show business. The cum shots were undeniably inappropriate.

A lot of time was devoted to Drake’s interview. It wasn’t addressed during his interview that he himself had charges against him for grooming a 14 year old girl.

We don’t learn anything about Amanda Bynes’ experiences, which would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2024 10:31 AM

Welp, that may be why DiCaprio is screwed up

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2024 10:38 AM

R103 it was addressed.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2024 11:42 AM

Drake Bell could barely string two coherent sentences together. It was so uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2024 11:51 AM

Bullshit. Drake did a great job. What happened to him is disgusting. His abuser went to prison.

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2024 1:08 PM

How do we know Drake is telling the truth? He is a broke mega z lister that was appearing in bottom of the barrel reality shows like MTV’s “The Challenge”. A few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2024 1:18 PM

I don't think there's any doubt that what happened to Drake Bell happened. He was in court, Peck pretty much copped to it, pled no contest and served time. And Bell talks about being in court during sentencing and seeing all the people who were there to support Peck.

Here's where it gets murky for two reasons.

1- If Bell was there as a "John Doe" then why have an open court with someone so recognizable? And if so, how did the story not leak out all this time?

2- Peck had several letters of support written for him by actors, directors, etc. A few have said they did not actually know what he was being accused of. How is that possible? What did he (or his attorneys) tell them he did? I wish they had gone into that a bit more instead of dwelling on all the whining from embittered, former "All That" castmates.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2024 1:33 PM

The fools who wrote support letters for the rapist…. Writing a letter of support to a judge is basically a letter saying please don’t jail my friend. I’ve been asked in the past to write one. No just no. The type of people who ask are creeps. They have nothing to lose. They are either already in jail or directly heading there. The assholes who wrote those letters … I wonder why they did it. Because they thought nobody but the judge would see it? They have no morals? Maybe they are just dumb. I assume the males who write these letters were already abused by the rapist abusers live to have former “boys” defend them. Imagine this fat queen was filming rape as he inserted objects the victims ass. Revenge porn. It must have been great to have access to so many pretty boy pin-ups. Johanna Kerns. You will be known as a rapist’s protector and enabler. Alan Thick was always a jerk and you KNOW he knew better. WHAT A sleaze. Taran Killan, James Marsden etc kiss your careers good bye. I mean whatever’s left of them. Watch the video Drake made of this whole thing. “I can relate” it’s pretty good. Drake shouldn’t have to kill himself because he had to live through this rapist destroying his left. Anyone who would question or blow shit toward Drake- we see you. To Drake I think if the quote from Winston Churchill. “when you are walking through hell, keep walking.”

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2024 2:48 PM

Damn spell check ! I’m sick with the flu or Covid.

*destroying his life

I am r110

by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2024 2:51 PM

You sound a little nuts.

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2024 2:56 PM

Dan has lost so much weight. His wives products must work.

by Anonymousreply 113March 19, 2024 3:01 PM

R112 you sound like a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 114March 19, 2024 3:11 PM

One of the questions I always ask in these cases is was it really traumatic or was it traumatic because someone told you it was traumatic and you might have an option to cash in or explain away your own bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 115March 19, 2024 3:24 PM

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 116March 19, 2024 3:25 PM

There are times when shows such as this actually hurt the causes they purport to support. Dan Schneider was an arrogant jerk. The shows were often distasteful, but they’ve been on TV for years with no major complaints. Dance Moms was worse than this.

by Anonymousreply 117March 19, 2024 3:26 PM

[quote]Drake’s dick isn’t big. LPSG has the pix and the video.

Big enough. Bigger than mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 19, 2024 4:29 PM

R94 is just a racist who wanted to whine about "social justice warriors"

No one's defending Dan Schneider except for the weird, right-wing trolls here

by Anonymousreply 119March 19, 2024 4:32 PM

R115 = making excuses for child abuse. Saying it's to "cash in" even if the abuser was found guilty in criminal court

by Anonymousreply 120March 19, 2024 4:33 PM

r69 not true. James just needs to call himself a victim. Just say he felt pressure, almost like blackmail, to write that letter. The Boy Meets World guys that also wrote letters claimed Dan was inappropriate with them as well. Just make yourself a vicitm and he'll protect himself.

Note, Matthew Lawrence talks about a casing couch issue for a "Marvel Type movie", where he was asked to go to the hotel room of a director. The movie is likely X-Men, which is a super hero movie. Singer was likely the director. Maybe the role was for Ice Man, but Matthre Lawrence and James would have been going out for the same roles. So it was probably for Cyclops.

Did James do what needed to be done to get along in Hollywood? I'm sure James has sucked a dick or twelve to advance his weird career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 19, 2024 4:46 PM

r115 I just want to know if he's saying Dan fucked him or was it just oral. Cause he makes it sound like he was raped but the court case said otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 122March 19, 2024 4:49 PM

Matthew Lawrence wasn't credible then and he isn't credible now.

by Anonymousreply 123March 19, 2024 4:49 PM

Amanda as Penelope Taint. The story about the name taint is exactly right.

by Anonymousreply 124March 19, 2024 4:52 PM

I am not making excuses for child abuse R120. I'm not defending Dan Schneider or anyone else. I just don't automatically believe everything people say who may have axes to grind because they didn't end up with the career they thought they should have had.

by Anonymousreply 125March 19, 2024 4:53 PM

R123

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 19, 2024 4:54 PM

R125, but we should believe Dan Schneider and Brian Peck?!!! And their defenders?

by Anonymousreply 127March 19, 2024 4:58 PM

Some people here are so weird. You accuse every handsome male actor of sleeping his way to the top, but when someone says he was pressured to take his clothes off to get a role you call him a liar

by Anonymousreply 128March 19, 2024 5:02 PM

[quote] Johanna Kerns.

[quote] Alan Thick

Oh, dear, oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 129March 19, 2024 5:03 PM

Get real.

The careers of Taran Killam and James Marsden will remain entirely unaffected.

by Anonymousreply 130March 19, 2024 5:06 PM

[quote] The careers of Taran Killam and James Marsden will remain entirely unaffected.

They'll remain as tepid and unremarkable as they've been for years.....

by Anonymousreply 131March 19, 2024 5:09 PM

R74 sounds like Drake had a taste for kids. It’s not that surprising since the TV show he starred in had a script reader who did it to him.

by Anonymousreply 132March 19, 2024 5:10 PM

r128 I think most people believe him, but I also think he's holding back on what happened. I also think they should be interviewing the parents to ask how the hell they let their son spend the night with that man.

by Anonymousreply 133March 19, 2024 5:11 PM

The next time someone assaults a kid and needs friendly people to write letters of support, said sex offender need to look no further than the trolls in this thread. Brian Peck (a Nickelodeon employee/actor on Dan Schneider shows) went to prison for assaulting Drake Bell, who was 14/15 at the time. Per the documentary, Peck admitted to this in a phone call recorded by police investigators. Yet some of you need more details to decide if it was “rape” rape? Bell just has an ax to grind? He was a child.

There are no known allegations of assault involving Dan Schneider, but a record of him engaging in inappropriate interactions with children on social media (asking for them to pictures of feet, etc.), and plenty of evidence that he portrayed kids in suggestive situations on his TV shows. He also expected people working on his shows (including kids) to massage him in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 134March 19, 2024 5:16 PM

[quote][R125], but we should believe Dan Schneider and Brian Peck?!!! And their defenders?

No, I didn't say you should believe them and their defenders.

by Anonymousreply 135March 19, 2024 5:22 PM

There are people defending Brian Peck? He was convicted of sexually assaulting a minor and did prison time over it. That ship has sailed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that Schneider had molested some of his young employees. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he kept his creepiness just shy of crossing the line into illegality.

by Anonymousreply 136March 19, 2024 5:32 PM

I can’t believe the fat kid from “Head Of The Class” turned out to be a big perv ( if the rumors are true beyond the memes).

by Anonymousreply 137March 19, 2024 5:47 PM

Dan was really catering to the gays in his last projects. He got Cooper Barnes shirtless several times. What big tits! This is from the episode that featured a kid with two gay dads btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 19, 2024 5:50 PM

That peanut butter dog licking scene was just obscene.

by Anonymousreply 139March 19, 2024 6:01 PM

a Song about Dans sexualized teenage stars like Jeanette Mccurdy and Ariana Grande.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 19, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote] I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that Schneider had molested some of his young employees. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he kept his creepiness just shy of crossing the line into illegality.

That's what it sounds like to me, because nobody seems to have anything concrete on him unlike Peck. Even Jennette McCurdy wrote her book that Dan made her "uncomfortable" and maybe touched her knee one time. At most you can call him out on the foot thing and encouraging minors to drink, but it seems Dan kept it in his pants, again unlike Peck who absolutely deserves to rot. Pedos should be castrated, there's just no hope of rehabilitation for that issue.

by Anonymousreply 141March 19, 2024 7:00 PM

The same people complaining that parents don’t do enough to protect their children on these sets are calling Bryan Hearne’s mother things like “mouthy cunt” because she spoke up when her son appeared in questionable content. (He was the kid shown getting smeared with peanut butter and licked by dogs for an All That sketch.) Hearne blamed his mother’s behavior for getting him fired, but she was doing the right thing as a parent by speaking up.

In other words, Hearne and his mom weren’t included in the documentary so that they could share a sob story, but to illustrate the dilemma of a parent who tries to protect their working child in a professional environment. Child protection laws currently state that working children are the responsibility of parents, guardians, or tutors on set, and so other workers do not need to pass background checks. There is no objective third party that exists only to advocate for children being placed in dangerous, violating, or suggestive situations. Parents or guardians are expected to establish boundaries. This can have consequences for the kid, even if a parent raises a reasonable objection.

Abusers are also make a point of targeting victims who can be exploited. Drake Bell’s family had no industry experience, and were relatively easily convinced that Drake’s “overprotective” father was holding Drake back from success. The father felt he had to accept Drake’s decision to remove him as manager, and Drake went to live with his less protective mother. She allowed Drake to be alone with Brian Peck, against Drake’s father’s wishes, and that’s when Peck’s assaults occurred. It doesn’t seem like an accident that Peck targeted a boy whose family situation could be manipulated.

What ultimately got Dan Schneider removed from set was not complaints about the way he filmed and interacted with children, but complaints following the Me Too movement from female employees expected to massage him in the workplace. When adults had a channel to express discomfort, and they were heard. No such channel exists for working children.

by Anonymousreply 142March 19, 2024 7:10 PM

From The NY Times article about Schneider in 2021 — I don’t think he’s been active since then:

[quote]Online denizens posted compilations that stitched together scenes from Schneider’s shows, videos he has taken on set and pictures of him with child actors, to raise questions about his behavior with the young people he worked with. Shots in the shows of bare feet were presented as evidence of a fetish. Other scenes were dissected and discussed as scripted moments of wink-wink sexual innuendo, acted out by a teenage cast.

[quote]Schneider said he was well aware of the postings, which he described as “ridiculous.” He said it was sad that social media companies can freely push forward “any lie.” Kids find feet goofy and funny, he said, and there was no effort to sexualize his young stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 19, 2024 7:18 PM

Corey Feldman gives his opinion and also plugs his movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 19, 2024 7:29 PM

Fuck Corey Feldman. Everyone is a pedo except his idol Michael Jackson.

I wanna see James Safechuck kick his grifting ugly ass in the nuts!

by Anonymousreply 145March 19, 2024 7:34 PM

It could have been 3 episodes and I couldn’t stand the frau from business insider. Or the frau with the tattoos who is a “cultural writer.” Those two were like nails on a chalkboard.

Otherwise, it was a good watch. Nothing earth shattering but fine to have on while you’re doing something else.

Very sad what happened to those kids. I found them all quite likable.

They sort of glossed over Drake Bell also getting arrested for sexting with a kid when he was 31. Oops.

I thought it was interesting hearing how power hungry and nuts Schneider was in the writers room of the Amanda Show. I’m guessing a lot of showrunners behave that way to an extent (Dan Levy came to mind - rumored to be very toxic)… just the constantly running hot and cold, everyone walking on eggshells trying to impress them, etc. But you could say that about any work environment I guess.

by Anonymousreply 146March 19, 2024 7:35 PM

No one on here is defending Brian Peck. It's yet another example of the complete lack of reading comprehension that is the DL.

by Anonymousreply 147March 19, 2024 8:34 PM

IRONY ALERT:

Who is Dan Schneider's wife, Lisa Lillien?

Lisa Lillien is an American entrepreneur known for her online business.

From cookbooks to delicious recipes, she provides low-calorie meals for readers online.

The University at Albany alumni grew up on Long Island and is passionate about food and nutrition.

by Anonymousreply 148March 19, 2024 8:41 PM

PENELOPE TAINT!!!

by Anonymousreply 149March 19, 2024 9:27 PM

He has a wife? Someone married that man????

by Anonymousreply 150March 19, 2024 9:31 PM

Patti LaBelle nearly bitch slapped his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 19, 2024 9:32 PM

R148, The media tends to use 10+year old pics of Dan but he’s lost a TON of weight and has kept it off for years.

by Anonymousreply 152March 19, 2024 9:37 PM

It raised so many questions it didn't answer:

Where is Dan today? And what happened to Brian Robbins?

Was Drake's mother clueless, irreponsible, or complicit? Did the producers attempt to interview her?

What about "Josh" from "Drake and Josh"?

Why was there so much time spent on Amanda Bynes as a kid and so little about her mental illness, homelessness, and later life?

Did they attempt to interview Jeanette McCurdy?

Wouldn't Marc Summers have a lot to contribute?

by Anonymousreply 153March 19, 2024 10:28 PM

I would have appreciated more Marc Summers and less baby voiced fool from business insider.

by Anonymousreply 154March 19, 2024 10:34 PM

The one who pissed me off the most was the mother whose daughter got dick pics and she did nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 155March 19, 2024 10:40 PM

Fucking R94 among others, and your oh so carefully casual dismissal of this and sticking up for that fat fuck Schneider, really makes me think you are he. If you're not, then kick rocks, stop posting constant shit like "this is a nothing burger" and other annoying bullshit. If you don't believe in the show, go to another thread. Perhaps a Meghan Markle one.

by Anonymousreply 156March 19, 2024 10:48 PM

Great points, [R153]

by Anonymousreply 157March 19, 2024 11:01 PM

[quote]And what happened to Brian Robbins?

He's the head of Paramount after running the very successful Tollin/Robbins Productions.

by Anonymousreply 158March 19, 2024 11:03 PM

I started watching the trailer and had to stop watching due to all the vocal fry from the women. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 159March 19, 2024 11:23 PM

The two black male cast members were extremely sympathetic if you ask me. The environment did sound racist. One of them was about to be painted “charcoal.”

And why shouldn’t they discuss the shit they dealt with?

They don’t all have to report ANAL.

by Anonymousreply 160March 19, 2024 11:24 PM

[quote]Dan was really catering to the gays in his last projects. He got Cooper Barnes shirtless several times.

Hopefully, he didn't get his hands on our little Luca Luhan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 19, 2024 11:53 PM

...or Jace Norman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 19, 2024 11:56 PM

[quote] The documentary was well done and shed light on toxic work environments

lol. Like a typical sheep.

by Anonymousreply 163March 20, 2024 12:07 AM

[quote] The two black male cast members were extremely sympathetic if you ask me.

No one did and no, they weren’t.

by Anonymousreply 164March 20, 2024 12:07 AM

[quote] They sort of glossed over Drake Bell also getting arrested for sexting with a kid when he was 31. Oops.

Sort of?! Right there is the problem with documentaries. They’re for entertainment, no facts. They knew that if they brought this up their victim would no longer seem so victimy.

by Anonymousreply 165March 20, 2024 12:09 AM

Keep in mind that all of these people are has-beens and broke. They’ll say anything to to get on tv and a quick buck. Drake Bell is a pervert himself. The Twitter crowd wants to make Amanda Bynes into a victim and they’re trying desperately to blame it on someone when in fact that dumb bitch did it to herself and admitted that she has a serious drug problem. Bitter child stars are a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 166March 20, 2024 12:11 AM

Just making sure you all have seen this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 20, 2024 12:12 AM

It’s quite shocking that they let their victim say something nice about Dan Schneider. They slipped with that one. Now audiences don’t know who to hate. lol

Again, Brad Peck should have been the subject of this thing but ID wanted to cash in on Twitter. They did this with their ridiculous Onison documentary.

by Anonymousreply 168March 20, 2024 12:13 AM

Dan Schneider sneaks up behind a cast member and scares them for a laugh.

Documentary: “Dan Schneider had a problem with invading people’s personal spaces.”

It’s hard to take this shit serious. Everything is assault now.

by Anonymousreply 169March 20, 2024 12:15 AM

Twitter: “Dan is a white man, a Jew, probably a Zionist. Those pigs get away with everything. He needs to be destroyed!”

This is today’s under 30 mentality.

by Anonymousreply 170March 20, 2024 12:16 AM

R167, that was so cringy I could barely make it through. A bunch of crap.

by Anonymousreply 171March 20, 2024 12:25 AM

I’m wondering if the people defending Schneider on this thread look like him and/or behave like him at work 🤨

Why else are you sticking up for this asshole? He produced shitty kids content that I’m guessing none of us even watched, he’s straight, AND he’s hideous.

Why are you sympathetic to him, but not the kids or the frau writers? He’s the type who probably made gay jokes with those other bros he hired as writers.

Truly the twilight zone.

by Anonymousreply 172March 20, 2024 12:25 AM

Someone should make a documentary about serial sexual assaulter Anthony Rapp

by Anonymousreply 173March 20, 2024 12:28 AM

R172, He’s had gay coded characters on shows for a long time and he’s an ally. You are wrong. Also not everyone here is 75 years old. Some of us grew up with his shows.

by Anonymousreply 174March 20, 2024 12:30 AM

Why does Schneider remind me of Trump? As long as powerful folks make money; Ill be held unaccountable for my actions

by Anonymousreply 175March 20, 2024 12:32 AM

I'm not defending Dan Schneider, but I am not a fan of the whole "burn the witch" mentality of the social media age where everyone is guilty by reason of Twitter. I think Schneider is shady as fuck, but I also think some of the people calling him out aren't reliable narrators.

by Anonymousreply 176March 20, 2024 12:36 AM

Fat guy got admitted to the cool bro club, let fame and power go to his head, thought sexualizing teens was funny. Where exactly where the network execs and censors, though? He couldn’t have wielded that much power. He created a toxic work environment, but what got on television wasn’t entirely his doing.

by Anonymousreply 177March 20, 2024 12:36 AM

R177, there were no censors on Nickelodeon. Only terrestrial broadcasting is required to do so by the FCC.

by Anonymousreply 178March 20, 2024 12:40 AM

They aren't reliable narrators on what basis, R176? The women writers who allege misconduct filed a sexual harassment and discrimination claim against Schneider, which was settled for an undisclosed sum. Schneider was restricted from his own sets after employees complained that he expected them to massage him. The documentary doesn’t contain any allegations that Schneider put his hands on underage children, but highlights how often his shows portrayed underage actors in suggestive scenes. I fail to see how any of these events are disputable when they are all on record.

by Anonymousreply 179March 20, 2024 12:53 AM

They had a standards & practices department. As one of the Writers recounted in the documentary, standards and practices questioned the character name of Miss Taint. Schneider also mentions in this statement that the department reviewed scripts.

by Anonymousreply 180March 20, 2024 12:54 AM

Abused kids go on to abuse, that's why Drake is sexting teens. If anything, it makes his story more credible. Whoever keeps saying that this is bullshit, etc, should go on to another thread. You sound like a fucking shill for the network.

by Anonymousreply 181March 20, 2024 12:59 AM

R181, Don’t make excuses for Drake.

This reveal was a brilliant move by him because idiots like r181 eat it up

by Anonymousreply 182March 20, 2024 1:03 AM

Oh fuck off R182. Abused kids do go on and abuse others, do you think that shit happens in a vacuum? You're taking this so seriously, despite saying what bullshit it is. Why do you fucking care if people believe them?

by Anonymousreply 183March 20, 2024 1:08 AM

[quote] I could never figure out how he stay married to a woman whose career was "Hungry Girl" when he was a fat slob.

The money he made from creating shows for Nickelodeon was probably what supported her when she left the TV industry to start the Hungry Girl blog. She probably she feels she owes him.

by Anonymousreply 184March 20, 2024 1:20 AM

I always wondered why with his good looks James Marsden didn't make it bigger, but sounds like it was karma

by Anonymousreply 185March 20, 2024 1:29 AM

Ariana Grande purposely put on that baby voice and played up the fake innocent sexuality

by Anonymousreply 186March 20, 2024 1:32 AM

R186, it’s called playing a character.

by Anonymousreply 187March 20, 2024 1:58 AM

r187 why is she still playing that character at 30? She used that baby voice at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 188March 20, 2024 2:01 AM

Some of you JFC.

Dan is what is wrong with those with power. He is a toxic bully. The shit he did was inexcusable and shouldn’t be tolerated in work places, yet it is all too often. Dan should have been fired for multiple things, yet he was rewarded or excused. Toxic work environments breed all kinds of bad shit. It brings out the worst in people, attracts the worst people, so none of this is surprising.

Blaming the black mother, who was one of the FEW to stand up for her child is reprehensible. They broke so many child labor laws, yet you speak up and you are gone. They’ll make up any reason (you got “fat””.) Karma goes for those who excuse this BS.

Of course MANY of those kids were molested, yet won’t come forward. And no, I don’t think all abuse leads to trauma. I have some friends who had sex at 11/12 or so with adults and enjoyed it. It was very wrong, but it was consensual and they have no regrets. A few had nonconsensual assaults that led to trauma. The toxic environment on this set allowed abuse to occur, or allowed the potential to occur. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 189March 20, 2024 2:01 AM

The one mother whose daughter was emailing the older perv, I wondered if the daughter was no longer alive because they said nothing about her in the present

by Anonymousreply 190March 20, 2024 2:06 AM

R190, If she was dead they’d say that. She probably wants nothing to do with her mother’s crazy grift.

by Anonymousreply 191March 20, 2024 2:13 AM

Also, many right wingers like to say this is a HW thing, but this occurs in any environment where toxic bullies are allowed power and aren’t held accountable for their behaviors, behaviors which can by a precursor to sexual assaults. Any place where this occurs and kids are involved- jails, youth church groups, boarding schools, HW- will lead to sexual abusers flocking there.

I’m glad more are exposing toxic work environments where most of us have suffered through. It should never be tolerated. You’re often at the mercy of sociopaths. The women sharing a paycheck was egregious. Women, minorities, were treated like shit and this was a reality for most work places. Expose them and never allow these toxic bullies to have control over you.

by Anonymousreply 192March 20, 2024 2:49 AM

r153 Josh was fat for most of his childhood career. Fat kids don't tend to get molested for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 193March 20, 2024 2:54 AM

[quote]The women sharing a paycheck was egregious.

I believe his explanation for that. He had budget for one writer and gave them the opportunity to split the pay and as new writers they got their break. At some point people need to take responsibility for their own choices.

No one ever has to stay in a toxic work environment. McDonald's is now paying $19 an hour.

by Anonymousreply 194March 20, 2024 3:02 AM

There is ZERO doubt Kirk Cameron is gay, was molested by Peck, and had a psychotic break like Bynes. I think the trio of Kirk being gay, being very religious, and being molested sent him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 195March 20, 2024 3:03 AM

Ms Mojo does a quick summary:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 20, 2024 3:09 AM

Blind items from AGC, but originally from Entertainment Lawyer

March 2022

[quote]This former A list actress was asked to be a part of the documentary on the cable channel where she starred. She said just being asked made her paralyzed for nearly a week. [italic]Amanda Bynes/”Nickelodeon”/”Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV”[/italic]

August 2022

[quote]There is a grand jury investigation involving this former children's show producer. [italic]Dan Schneider[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 197March 20, 2024 3:18 AM

I do think, at least from what a friend who slept with an adult at 11 with no regrets, telling someone they should feel trauma sometimes causes guilt and trauma. They felt guilty for enjoying it because they were told they should. They never divulged details to me other than they wanted and enjoyed it and they weren’t groomed. They don’t feel it was right what happened, though.

I’m using the generic “they”. It’s not their pronoun.

by Anonymousreply 198March 20, 2024 4:08 AM

I feel bad for the victims, and the perpetrators need to be exposed, however I find it hard to get excited about shows on this type of crime.

On a more superficial level, why didn't Schneider get lipo for his double chin? He looks like the monster he is.

by Anonymousreply 199March 20, 2024 4:16 AM

175 posts before it's a Trump thread. You gals are really slipping.

by Anonymousreply 200March 20, 2024 4:39 AM

[quote]I have some friends who had sex at 11/12 or so with adults and enjoyed it. It was very wrong, but it was consensual

Minors can never consent to sex with adults. Ever. That is always a non-consensual encounter by default. 11/12 years old? Tf is wrong with you, r189?

by Anonymousreply 201March 20, 2024 5:04 AM

[quote] No one on here is defending Brian Peck. It's yet another example of the complete lack of reading comprehension that is the DL.

Not to mention the utter hysteria from the same posters.

by Anonymousreply 202March 20, 2024 5:15 AM

Has Schneider been accused of diddling boy or just girls?

by Anonymousreply 203March 20, 2024 5:16 AM

He hasn't been accused of diddling anyone. Watch the fucking documentary.

by Anonymousreply 204March 20, 2024 5:27 AM

R189 please stop trying to turn this into an undercover NAMBLA thread where we have to keep hearing you go into more detail about your 11yo friend “consenting” to sex. We see what you’re doing here.

by Anonymousreply 205March 20, 2024 5:33 AM

[quote] Abused kids go on to abuse

Statistically, they do not.

by Anonymousreply 206March 20, 2024 6:01 AM

The next 4-part documentary will be about Ellen’s toxic work environment. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 207March 20, 2024 6:02 AM

R201 consensual is THEIR eyes. My posts made it clear it was wrong, but that is what THEY think.

by Anonymousreply 208March 20, 2024 11:08 AM

R205 Fuck you and your complete lack of reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 209March 20, 2024 11:10 AM

"I've been writing about Schneider for years and was seen a few times in the documentary. And I can tell you from personal experience that it's frustrating to know there are almost certainly more stories to tell, if people with direct knowledge would only be willing to speak out - even as unnamed sources."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 20, 2024 11:44 AM

[quote]And no, [bold]I don’t think all abuse leads to trauma.[/bold] I have some friends who had sex at 11/12 or so with adults and enjoyed it. It was very wrong, but it was consensual and they have no regrets.

[quote] consensual is THEIR eyes. My posts made it clear it was wrong, but [bold]that is what THEY think.[/bold]

[quote]I don’t think all abuse leads to trauma.

r209 Someone who admits they had sex with an adult at 11/12 that they believe was consensual [bold]is a blatant example of a trauma response[/bold] because, again, a minor can never consent to sex with an adult. The fact that this needs to be broken down to you this thoroughly in order for you to comprehend the problem is concerning, as hell.

by Anonymousreply 211March 20, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]He hasn't been accused of diddling anyone. Watch the fucking documentary.

Exhausting.

I was asking a more generalized comment about whether his behavior was directed at both girls and boys or just the girls. While it's clear that OTHER people at Nickelodeon were targeting the boys, I was questioning whether complaints against him were from both.

by Anonymousreply 212March 20, 2024 2:28 PM

R212 All of his spa sessions seemed to happen with women, or girls. I can't recall there being an account from a male masseuse, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.

by Anonymousreply 213March 20, 2024 2:41 PM

[quote] I was asking a more generalized comment about whether his behavior was directed at both girls and boys or just the girls. While it's clear that OTHER people at Nickelodeon were targeting the boys, I was questioning whether complaints against him were from both.

No, you weren't asking a generalized question. You asked a specific question about something that didn't fucking happen, which you'd know if you A- watched the documentary and B- read the posts in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 214March 20, 2024 3:09 PM

There have been DL threads about Amanda Bynes & Dan Schneider but I don't remember anyone defending him the way they are now.

[quote]Three years after coming on board at "All That," Amanda Bynes found out she would be getting her very own show at the behest of producer Dan Schneider. Bynes was just 13 years old when she debuted "The Amanda Show" on October 16, 1999

[…]

[quote]Fans of "The Amanda Show" were surprised and disappointed when it went off the air in 2002, only three years after its debut. More confusingly, a clear answer wasn't given for why the show was no longer on TV, it was just as if it ceased to exist.

[…]

[quote]The ending of "The Amanda Show" did not mean the ending of the working relationship between Amanda Bynes and Dan Schneider. Bynes soon picked up the role of Kaylee in "Big Fat Liar," the 2002 film that Schneider created with Bynes in mind.

[…]

[quote]Amanda Bynes and Dan Schneider continued to work together following the release of "Big Fat Liar," and the next project that Schneider created with Bynes in mind was a sitcom called "What I Like About You." The show co-starred Jennie Garth, who played Bynes' older sister.

[…]

[quote]The relationship that Amanda Bynes had and/or has with her parents Rick and Lynn Bynes has often been described as difficult or estranged, particularly as Bynes battles her emotional and mental health. According to a report by People, it seems that things between the three began to take a negative turn when Bynes was a teenager — she even went as far as to explore legally emancipating herself from her parents and at one point considered moving in with Dan Schneider and his wife, Lisa Lillien. Schneider and Lillien have not commented too much on this, but Lillien did speak about the situation briefly.

[quote]"She was spending a lot of time with us. But she never left her [family's] house," Lillien said in 2022. Another source close to the family at the time told People that Bynes struggled the most with her father. As they put it: "Her parents were very, very strict with Amanda. Her dad called all the shots and was very controlling."

[…]

[quote]In 2018, the website Crazy Days & Nights posted a Blind Item allegedly written by Bynes soon after Dan Schneider was fired from Nickelodeon. The site claims Bynes wrote: "thank you for all of your ongoing support. i Don't know how Any of these meN sleep at night, but if there's one thing that i Do know Is that what's Done In the dark, always comes to lighT! xoxo" and that the capitalized letters in the message spell "Dan did it." What the "it" refers to is currently unknown, though many on Twitter have speculated it alludes to some kind of abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 20, 2024 3:53 PM

Did what, Amanda, murder your vagina?

Oh wait, that was Drake. And it was a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 216March 20, 2024 3:57 PM

This looks like a high school newspaper, but it's difficult to find things like mentioned in one place, this is easier than posting multiple links.

[quote]Nickelodeon executives have a long history of abusing their power in order to exploit children. Ezel Channel, Brian Peck, Marty Weiss, and Jason M. Handy are all convicted pedophiles, as well as former Nickelodeon executives.

[…]

[quote]Circa 2017, Bynes had a burner account. Or she might have.  There had been tweets written by an account called “@PersianLa27” whose name was marked as “🅰️🅱️”, commonly thought to stand for her initials.  She had publicly denied the validity of the account’s tweets, stating “I am not @Persianla27. I am not getting married and I am not pregnant. I don’t understand why twitter won’t take @Persianla27 down. I have asked repeatedly. This person continues to impersonate and harass me and twitter needs to take @Persianla27 down.”

[quote]If @Persianla27 is not Bynes, then the account predicted allegations that were hardly a theory yet. “One man in particular took hundreds of photos of my feet. I was only 13. And one of the main reasons why I may never be able to get pregnant,” the account wrote. The account, if real, seems to be a spam account of sorts where Bynes can air her dirty laundry, “You see the thing is, I’ve publicly denied this account so I’m able to freely express my personal thoughts without persecution.”

[…]

[quote]Jamie Lynn Spears was the lead in Nickelodeon’s hit show Zoey 101. […] then she announced her pregnancy at the age of sixteen. Rumors flew about that her pregnancy had ended the show, these are supposedly false.

[…]

[quote]one of many online speculators is runner of gossip forum, Crazy Days and Nights, and entertainment lawyer, Enty. He is an extremely elusive figure, “Enty” being an anonymous pseudonym. That being said, he is believed to have predicted the scandal, but in a way that’s far less palatable for Nickelodeon execs. He wrote, “I don’t even know how you define what list someone is when they are on some ensemble show watched by teens and pre-teens, so go above, and make her a female. Make her pregnant which is causing the producers to have a heart attack because they really don’t need anymore scandals. But wait, there’s more. One of the producers who is old enough to be her grandfather shouldn’t be having a heart attack because of shock, because he is the one who knocked her up. New boyfriends are being lined up as we speak,” back in October of 2007. Two months later, Spears had announced her pregnancy.

[quote]Bynes has also supposedly reached out to Enty. Writing, “thank you for all your ongoing support. I Don’t know how Any of these meN, sleep at night, but if there’s one thing that I Do know Is that what’s Done in the dark, always comes to lighT! xoxo[…]Sorry, I thought it was clever 😀 unfortch I will obviously not be making any comment whatsoever (for obvious reasons) and unfortch I feel as though the only way that legitimate stories can make the headlines regarding ____ is if others publicly speak on his behavior. _____ was truly like a 2nd father to me. But things have changed. After the 2nd incident, I don’t know if I will ever be able to have children or have the family of my dreams.” While Enty himself never elaborated on the anonymous actor’s message, many people have pointed out that the capitalized letters spell out “DAN DID IT”. The entry is still on the website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 20, 2024 4:01 PM

Josh Peck escaped because he was so fat, but look at the difference now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 20, 2024 4:50 PM

Only on Datalounge, fat kids don't get molested.

by Anonymousreply 219March 20, 2024 4:52 PM

According to the Prosecutor's Office, an investigation showed that Bell had sent "inappropriate social media messages" in the months preceding the concert, which followed a relationship that had been established several years prior between the two individuals.

During the sentencing hearing, the now-19-year-old woman read a victim impact statement accusing Bell of being a pedophile, grooming her and sexually abusing her. She also said Bell had caused her "indescribable" pain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 20, 2024 7:58 PM

^ They sure swept that right under the rug.

by Anonymousreply 221March 20, 2024 8:30 PM

Drake Bell having abused a child himself doesn’t mean that he himself was not abused. It’s possible he feels in a position to speak out because he’s exhibited shameful behavior of his own: there’s not much he can lose by putting more in the public eye.

The fourth episode of the series explains how certain highly suggestive content (much of it involving Ariana Grande and produce) slipped past censors: it was posted as online bonus content, and subject to less scrutiny as a result.

by Anonymousreply 222March 20, 2024 8:31 PM

R222, both can and are true. Abused people often end up abusers themselves.

by Anonymousreply 223March 20, 2024 8:36 PM

R188 because some people are attracted to that kind of shit

by Anonymousreply 224March 20, 2024 8:46 PM

R211 Tell it to them. I said, and they said, it was wrong. They don’t feel trauma. Dumbfuck

by Anonymousreply 225March 20, 2024 9:27 PM

R225, you’re digging in uncomfortably hard on a hill you don’t need to die on. No one doubts that your friend told you they didn’t feel trauma over what happened with an adult when they were a child. However, your friend also expressed to you that they feel they had agency in that situation. Their understanding of their situation is based on something that can never be true: a child does not have equal agency to an adult. No one’s calling you or your friend a liar, but it’s okay for people to notice when a person’s denial that they were harmed is based on a misperception an abuser likely encouraged.

It’s no one else’s place to insist to a person who went through an adverse experience that they *must* be traumatized. However, someone saying they aren’t traumatized doesn’t mean that the situation wasn’t wrong, and it doesn’t make it not abusive. I think all anyone could say to your friend in their situation is exactly what you said: it was wrong.

If you have good intentions, it’s really unwise to dig in publicly on the idea that your friend wasn’t traumatized because they told you they weren’t traumatized, therefore it is possible that some kids who are the victims of adult predators don’t experience this as an adverse event. At the very least, the adult has to make sure the kid doesn’t tell anyone, and that alone is really messed up. A child doesn’t know enough to understand when an adult is lying, especially if they know the adult is a powerful person.

by Anonymousreply 226March 20, 2024 10:14 PM

R226 I never said they weren’t traumatized. I said they said they weren’t. Nowhere did I agree or infer I agreed with them. The point was to express why some don’t come forward- i was responding to that notion- is because they don’t feel trauma or shame and felt it was consensual. So the Dan’s of the world go free due to that.

by Anonymousreply 227March 20, 2024 10:24 PM

Drake’s response at [R220] did not come across as apologetic or owning responsibility for whatever happened with this underage girl. The article made it sound like Drake had an ongoing relationship with this underage girl over the course of several years. What’s really happened?

by Anonymousreply 228March 20, 2024 11:14 PM

This thread has derailed.

by Anonymousreply 229March 20, 2024 11:19 PM

Josh Peck made nasty comments after this show aired, he didn't use Drake's name but it was directed at him. I always liked Josh but I guess I fell for the nice fat guy trope. He is an ass.

by Anonymousreply 230March 21, 2024 12:02 AM

It was obvious Drake had a long sexual relationship with a 12/13 year old girl. It is amazing it was swept under the rug.

by Anonymousreply 231March 21, 2024 12:06 AM

The whole “Dan Schneider is a rapist”. Thing began as an early 4 Chan meme in about 2006. They would post pics of him standing with Amanda Bynes or Zoey 101 alongside captions like “Dan Get In The Van” Schneider. Why are we taking shit like this seriously. People are weird.

by Anonymousreply 232March 21, 2024 2:22 AM

R230, Drake is a confirmed Pedo. Any other time you’d be praising Josh for cutting ties with him.

R231, Completely swept under the rug. This whole programs needs to be called out for that. It makes the whole thing questionable imoz

by Anonymousreply 233March 21, 2024 2:26 AM

This is completely inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 234March 21, 2024 2:30 AM

This I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235March 21, 2024 2:31 AM

[quote]No, you weren't asking a generalized question. You asked a specific question about something that didn't fucking happen, which you'd know if you A- watched the documentary and B- read the posts in this thread.

r214, you seem strangely invested in defending Schneider and/or Nick.

I'm not invested enough to watch the show, but entertained enough to skim this thread.

[quote]There have been DL threads about Amanda Bynes & Dan Schneider but I don't remember anyone defending him the way they are now.

It is strange - looking at you, r214.

by Anonymousreply 236March 21, 2024 2:45 AM

Jace Norman is fine as hell.

by Anonymousreply 237March 21, 2024 3:04 AM

[quote] I'm not invested enough to watch the show

Then shut the fuck up because nothing you have to say means shit. Don't come in here making insinuations about people commenting who HAVE watched the show. You don't know anything yet you're happy to spout off like you do.

Gee, that sounds familiar.

by Anonymousreply 238March 21, 2024 5:11 AM

Drake claims he was sodomized with a foreign object when he was 15? He gets nabbed for raping preteen girls and suddenly he survived these crimes by Nickelodeon’s Jimmy Saville? Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 239March 21, 2024 5:31 AM

R73 mentioned the scene with Peck and Dicaoriio.

I recall a prior thread where someone posted that in that same interaction , DiCaprio is seen walking away with his hand (unconsciously ) over his buttocks . Telling.

I saw all episodes . I’m appalled . Posters claiming that it wasn’t real , that it was bad parenting, etc. Die in a grease fire and pray for forgiveness for your folly.

Would you have enjoyed being raped consistently at the age of 15. Like Drake Bell???

Also, we gays are often wrongfully stereotyped as nothing but pedophiles wanting to convert little bits . So some school districts want to oust us from the teaching profession .

That is obvious bukkshit. But crimes must be called out as crimes , which these were

Watch this and study Drake Bells face. The trauma is there . Also Brian peck had a treasured photo of john Wayne gacey and other things from him which he GLEEFULLY SHOWED OFF TO VISITORS TO HIS FUNHOUSE DESCRIBED AS A KIDS FANTASY

by Anonymousreply 240March 21, 2024 7:19 AM

Little kids I meant

by Anonymousreply 241March 21, 2024 7:20 AM

Yeah R239 it’s really important to the planet that you be convinced. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 242March 21, 2024 12:30 PM

Did they ever name who the head of Nickelodeon was during these shows? We know who was making this crap but who was the CEO ok with all this? Name the censor watching the stuff made for TV who thought cum shots on faces was fine.

There are many, many more people who need to be held accountable for this shit and their names should be as well known as Schneider’s. I thought the documentary makers really dropped the ball on that front.

by Anonymousreply 243March 21, 2024 12:55 PM

Some of these responses are coming close to hysteria. A lot of people have turned a lot of comedic nonsense into something dirty and wrong. What's next? The green slime was some sort of coded sexual kink?

Let's demand an investigation of Warner Brothers. When Bugs Bunny dressed up as a woman, he was grooming children. Mr. Rogers was a pervert when he was changing his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 244March 21, 2024 1:10 PM

You’re sounding hysterical yourself, R244. No one is questioning Mr. Rogers and Bugs Bunny, or calling for all Nickelodeon content to be revisited. A specific producer, Dan Schneider, was removed from his sets because of misbehavior toward adults, and his sets were known to employ people convicted of sexual offenses involving children. Kids on the set who reported to him did not have any channel to express discomfort without being penalized.

In that light, content created under Schneider’s supervision is being reconsidered, especially pieces that aired online and weren’t reviewed by the network. Why defend this?

by Anonymousreply 245March 21, 2024 1:30 PM

Dan Schneider was an asshole, I don't think that's up for debate. A few inappropriate things went down on those sets, again not up for debate. But this is more of the same old same old. People who didn't end up with careers, speaking out. Not saying they're liars, but also not saying that their "truth" isn't somewhat jaundiced.

by Anonymousreply 246March 21, 2024 1:44 PM

Also they showed Marc Summers for 10 seconds in the very beginning and never to be heard from again. What was that?

It was compelling subject matter but a poorly made series. Too many omissions and too many fraus commenting.

by Anonymousreply 247March 21, 2024 1:54 PM

The case of Drake’s rapist went through the court system and there was a taped confession, so obviously Drake isn’t making it up now in the hope it will make him relevant again. Whatever you may think of him.

I agree that they glossed over whatever happened between him and the teen girl…he denies it was as bad as she says, which may or may not be true. I couldn’t find anything online that spelled out the specific accusations/evidence against Drake.

Either way he was clearly traumatized. Doesn’t excuse him being inappropriate (or worse) with a child though.

by Anonymousreply 248March 21, 2024 2:19 PM

[quote]Then shut the fuck up because nothing you have to say means shit. Don't come in here making insinuations about people commenting who HAVE watched the show. You don't know anything yet you're happy to spout off like you do.

r238, you seem very invested in defending Scheider and Nick - why?

[quote]I'm in the middle of watching it, and while I don't doubt there was abuse in certain cases, the filmmakers have not proven their point and the stuff they're going with so far is really lame. I hope they do better because they haven't proven their case so far

Ah, now I understand. Nothing to see here, right r238?

by Anonymousreply 249March 21, 2024 2:27 PM

Once again, R249, you haven't watched the show by your own admission, so nothing you have to say means anything. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 250March 21, 2024 2:33 PM

I think Marc Summers was just used in the beginning to help establish the popularity of Nickelodeon in the 90s. I'm guessing the producers couldn't get Melissa Joan Hart to also appear briefly in the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 251March 21, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote][R211] Tell it to them. I said, and they said, it was wrong. They don’t feel trauma. Dumbfuck

r225 The entire reason you brought up your friends who were sexually abused by adults as children was in a misguided, and frankly bizarre, attempt to use their situations as anecdotal evidence to support your [italic]personal belief[/italic] that not all victims of CSA experience trauma.

The fact that these same friends viewed their abuse as consensual is, in itself, evidence of trauma, appears to still be lost on you. That's why I called you out. If someone tells you they "had consensual sex" with an adult when they were 11/12 years old, that's a clear sign that they're traumatized because a child can never, under any circumstances, consent to sex with an adult.

This will be the third time, now, that this has been broken down to an embarrassingly remedial explanation. Perhaps the only "dumbfuck" in this discussion is you.

by Anonymousreply 252March 21, 2024 3:58 PM

It would be so nice if we could do away with the word "trauma". It's overused and abused, and quite frankly the overuse and abuse gives me trauma.

by Anonymousreply 253March 21, 2024 4:21 PM

I'm sure all child abusers agree and share your plight, r253.

by Anonymousreply 254March 21, 2024 4:27 PM

Just stop it R254, you're starting to sound like those crazy people worried about child abuse at pizza restaurants. There is a sane middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 255March 21, 2024 4:51 PM

[quote]Once again, [R249], you haven't watched the show by your own admission, so nothing you have to say means anything. Fuck off.

Once again, r250 - why so invested? We might start thinking you're somehow linked to engaging in, ignoring, or covering up the alleged abuses.

[quote]I'm in the middle of watching it, and while I don't doubt there was abuse in certain cases, the filmmakers have not proven their point and the stuff they're going with so far is really lame. I hope they do better because they haven't proven their case so far

by Anonymousreply 256March 21, 2024 5:33 PM

This wave of programming happened after I aged out of Nickelodeon, I watched it when Hey Dude, You Can't Do That On Television, Clarissa and all things retro on Nick at Nite, Donna Reed, Patty Duke, etc. I remember a show that seemed to be an old show, but I believe it was produced by the channel, started in color, then went to B&W.

I'm wondering if there's not much controversy (aside from a HD actor disappearing) as it wasn't yet a proven fertile ground for entertainment for kids by kids?

by Anonymousreply 257March 21, 2024 5:47 PM

Drake's mother needs to have some accountability if the father really did warn her against that man. I can almost understand getting rides if she couldn't drive (but sounds more like she didn't want to versus couldn't). But having him spend all those nights with that guy is inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 258March 21, 2024 6:01 PM

While there have always been issues involving appropriate protection for children in TV and film production, there were specific issues with Dan Schneider shows because he was a “name” who created a slate of hits for Nickelodeon. As a result, there was not much reason for the network to interfere with the way he operated. Nor was there governance in place to allow people who experienced mistreatment on Schneider’s sets to speak up without experiencing professional consequences.

There is a scene in the documentary in which Schneider introduces a group of teen actors from one of his shows at a public meet and greet. He tells the audience that they are welcome to touch the actors (“you can touch their hair”) and ask “inappropriate questions.” Regardless of whether Schneider intended these comments as jokes, he was speaking about people he employed, and these people were children. Employing people doesn’t make you their owner. Dan wouldn’t have liked it if the Nickelodeon CEO introduced him to people and said, “You can pull on his hair to see if it’s a toupee. You can jab him in his fat belly. You can ask him whether he has foot fetish involving pre-teens.”

The “so what” of the documentary is that there are ways to make sets safer places for children who work on them, by establishing full background checks and ensuring kids have the same channels as adults to communicate when they are uncomfortable with something. That hardly seems unreasonable or histrionic.

by Anonymousreply 259March 21, 2024 6:17 PM

[quote]ensuring kids have the same channels as adults to communicate when they are uncomfortable with something

I hear what you're saying, but have you ever met a stage parent?

by Anonymousreply 260March 21, 2024 6:23 PM

If “stage parents” were a sufficient line of protection, kids wouldn’t be getting abused.

by Anonymousreply 261March 21, 2024 6:28 PM

That's my point R261

by Anonymousreply 262March 21, 2024 6:30 PM

I felt bad for the girl who got replaced by Amanda Bynes for getting older and fat. I forgot all about her.

by Anonymousreply 263March 21, 2024 6:40 PM

I do not understand why Schneider's wife stays with him. She's made a nice little fortune all on her own so no need to stay with an odious man because there's prenup.

by Anonymousreply 264March 21, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote]ensuring kids have the same channels as adults to communicate when they are uncomfortable with something

The problem is that the majority of kids in these types of situations are being manipulated by multiple adults, including parents who are sponging off them either financially or emotionally.

Most kids do not have the mental or emotional capacity to advocate for themselves, and the people who should protect them frequently have a vested interest in not advocating for the kid or not making waves.

If they can hire "intimacy coordinators" for adults, they ought to require "children's advocates" on shows who have authority, just like censors (used to) have authority over content, as well as the more obvious responsibility for looking out for the well-being of child actors.

by Anonymousreply 265March 21, 2024 6:56 PM

Exactly, R265. There is no way of supporting children on sets that erases power imbalance or lack of care on the part of adults (including their parents). Having dedicated children’s advocates wouldn’t remove all risks, but it would add a layer of protection in a professional setting. The current system of assigning responsibility for protecting children to the same people invested in children’s careers/the money to be made from them creates a high-risk situation.

I think that one of the reasons we don’t see industry support for such advocates is that in a lot of cases the industry relies on parents like Jeannette McCurdy’s mother, who terrorized her daughter into pursuing a career Jeannette didn’t enjoy at any point. Jeannette felt responsible for supporting her family and keeping her abusive mom happy, so may not have been inclined to speak up if she found herself in an objectionable situations. That made the McCurdy’s “easy to work with” and kept Jeannette steadily employed. Jeannette showed up and did the job for which she was hired, whatever happened in her personal life to make her do so was not seen as relevant as long as she reliably delivered.

Home situations like Jeannette’s wouldn’t change with better protections for kids on set, but could have created a working environment in which Jeannette was entitled to be treated as a working professional. It may seem like a small thing that Schneider taped himself coming up behind her and yelling “Boo!”, but Jeannette was an underling in a workplace environment. No one was in the position to remind Dan that he was these kids’ employer, not their peer, and needed to respect that boundary when dealing with them.

by Anonymousreply 266March 21, 2024 7:33 PM

Drake receives an apology from another Nick actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 21, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote]Jace Norman is fine as hell.

yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 21, 2024 7:40 PM

Has anyone made the point yet that the fat one from Drake and Josh was spared a molestation because he was so fat?

When you’re young and beautiful everyone wants you. Especially the molestors.

by Anonymousreply 269March 21, 2024 7:57 PM

Is Drake writing a memoir?

by Anonymousreply 270March 21, 2024 7:59 PM

The fat one was cute when he did the short-lived series with Stamos - good enough looking to be believable as the son of hot Stamos.

by Anonymousreply 271March 21, 2024 8:02 PM

How is drake getting out of this unscathed . Dude rapes 12 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 272March 21, 2024 8:04 PM

I wouldn't doubt Drake would write a memoir. He has already written a shitty song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 21, 2024 8:05 PM

On YouTube I’m seeing comments calling Drake 12 year old victim a liar and a gold digger. Never mind that’s afraid pleaded GUILTY. These comments are getting thousands of likes.

Is Drake the Michael jackson of Nickelodeon ? What other rapists and pedos get these kinds of defenders!

by Anonymousreply 274March 21, 2024 8:09 PM

TMZ couldn’t have picked a worse picture of Josh Peck to use. He looks like Mary Wickes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 21, 2024 10:08 PM

Danny Bonaduce used to stay with the actor who played Rueben because his home life was bad. Florence Henderson went on a date with the actor who played Greg because he had a crush on her. I'm not saying they were molested but in the old days they didn't look that closely either.

by Anonymousreply 276March 21, 2024 10:21 PM

I can't believe people are "so what?" when it comes to making kids perform cum jokes on TV

by Anonymousreply 277March 21, 2024 10:52 PM

R274 lots of people love nothing more than to call a sexual abuse victim a liar

by Anonymousreply 278March 21, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]I can't believe people are "so what?" when it comes to making kids perform cum jokes on TV

While I think it's utterly inappropriate for children's tv, I'm stunned you think children don't make cum jokes.

My friends and I were making sex and cum jokes by at least 6th grade - 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 279March 21, 2024 11:27 PM

Of course I know children make cum jokes. This is about adults making children perform cum jokes on TV for their own amusement/arousal. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

by Anonymousreply 280March 21, 2024 11:31 PM

A snot joke is not a cum joke. People may view it as such, but that doesn't mean it is a valid take.

by Anonymousreply 281March 21, 2024 11:40 PM

R281 I'd agree with you if the kid 'snotting' hadn't had balls and cocks adorning his shoulders. (Yeah, I know it's supposed to be a 'nose'.)

by Anonymousreply 282March 21, 2024 11:43 PM

R282 again, why did Jason, collector of minor girls panties, get less than an episode? Or the other two convicted pedophiles mentioned in the segment about Jason?

They extensively covered Dan and Brian, but Jason and his unnamed colleagues are covered briefly by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 283March 21, 2024 11:49 PM

Quote from R62, image from Twitter:

[quote]at least three convicted sex offenders — production assistant Jason Handy, animator Ezel Channel and dialogue coach/actor Brian Peck — were on staff with full access to children. (All were convicted after they had been hired for the shows.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 21, 2024 11:57 PM

Why do you keep moving the goalposts?

by Anonymousreply 285March 21, 2024 11:59 PM

Amanda's posted this yesterday (3/20/3024).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 22, 2024 12:04 AM

Blame the victim . Blame the mother. Who is the one who did the deed ???? Very calculated … holding out that prized career like a carrot ,.. predators think of everything …. I was a prosecutor … this is the criminal mind

by Anonymousreply 287March 22, 2024 12:05 AM

Which job has the most creeps? Boyband impresario, wrestling coach, or Nickelodeon staff?

by Anonymousreply 288March 22, 2024 12:09 AM

Like society used to blame rape victims because their skirts were too short they were asking for it ….. their entire sexual history was used against them …. Cause it’s their fault … you can’t do that shit no more

So with the new class of child victims … you all are doing the same thing …. Oh the word trauma is overused … you guys are just fucking out of it

Drake was asked my interviewer what predator did…. “ imagine the worst type of sexual assault you can think of … it was that .”

But people gonna discount him if they want

by Anonymousreply 289March 22, 2024 12:09 AM

I don't blame the mother for the molestation. I blame them for an entirely different transgression. Not doing anything about it because the kid is the meal ticket.

by Anonymousreply 290March 22, 2024 12:12 AM

[quote]Just stop it [R254], you're starting to sound like those crazy people worried about child abuse at pizza restaurants. There is a sane middle ground.

r255 Imagine being annoyed when people say that sexually abused children are traumatized by the abuse in a thread discussing child sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 291March 22, 2024 12:26 AM

R290 That idiot mom, who was afraid of being 'judged' if she went to authorities is the worst kind of coward. She just gave him more time to victimize kids, because she was afraid of looking like a bad mom.

How is outing a pedophile, working in a capacity no one afflicted with his issues belongs, a BAD thing, especially after you saw a photo of him masturbating he'd sent your eleven year old daughter.

by Anonymousreply 292March 22, 2024 12:26 AM

R252 You clearly have a severe reading comprehension issue. You are the only one “breaking this down” because you’re a fucking freak, likely a frau, who wishes someone would have molested your stank vadge when you were young. I have a feeling you were in those “special” classes at the end of the hallway, or in the portable buildings out back, and had to have their test read to them by a frustrated adult who was thinking you were clearly dumb as a rock.

by Anonymousreply 293March 22, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]And no, I don’t think all abuse leads to trauma. I have some friends who had sex at 11/12 or so with adults and enjoyed it. It was very wrong, but it was consensual and they have no regrets.

You seem upset, r293. Did getting called out for saying this objectively dumb shit cause you trauma?

Show us all on the doll where me calling out your room temperature IQ hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 294March 22, 2024 12:41 AM

R294 Says the Qanon frau. You got owned and owned hard by several posters. So you’re lashing out. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 295March 22, 2024 12:44 AM

The Dan Schneider stories are at least a decade old including his likely fathering Jamie Lyn Spears child. Any fellow elders on here know very well that at a certain point “rumors” that stay around and don’t change for ten years are no longer rumors. You cunts need to shut it with the victim blaming. Fat slob given carte blanche by that sinkhole Viacom to screw teenagers at will is nothing new sadly. What is the point in defending it?

by Anonymousreply 296March 22, 2024 12:46 AM

I feel bad for Jamie Lynn’s 16 year old that there are crazy people on the internet who serious believe that Dan “I’ve Had Tighter” Schneider is her father.

by Anonymousreply 297March 22, 2024 1:13 AM

R297 = Dan Schneider’s wife

by Anonymousreply 298March 22, 2024 1:21 AM

They are still afraid to come forward, the only ones that did have no jobs in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 299March 22, 2024 1:22 AM

R296, I came across this Reddit comment when I went down the Nickelodeon rabbit hole the other night.

[quote]Enty Lawyer is the first one to ever report a certain producer knocking up Jamie Lynn Spears. Later I listened to his podcast and [bold]he said that he wasn't talking about Dan Schneider[/bold]... it was a producer who was old enough to be her grandfather. There's so many creeps at Nickelodeon you'd be surprised.

[quote]I thought Maddie looked like DS too until I saw a picture of [bold]Bill O’Dowd[/bold]. Not a known name but involved with Dolphin Entertainment and produced some episodes of Zoey 101. Him and Maddie have the same eyebrows

CDAN posted a blind item (@ R217) two months before she announced she was pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 22, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote]They are still afraid to come forward, the only ones that did have no jobs in the industry.

R299, they signed NDAs.

I'm unfamiliar with Alexa Nikolas, but here is this anyway:

[quote]The protest is just the latest from Nikolas and the group she’s organized, which is calling itself Eat Predators. The protestors chanted “protect survivors, not predators,” outside the studio and demanded for any person who experienced sexual abuse at Nickelodeon to be released from any NDAs. The group was a mixture of fans of Nikolas’s and alleged survivors of sexual abuse who’d attended previous Eat Predators events. The most notable sign read “Sickelodeon” in front of in the studio’s foot logo, and it included Schneider’s face translucently in the back. Other signs included questions like “Is Nick a Predator?” and “How Many NDAs?” Most of the signs were brandished with Nickelodeon’s green slime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 22, 2024 1:50 AM

Since the time I found out about Bruce Willis I just assume all the Hollywood types are perverts.

by Anonymousreply 302March 22, 2024 2:07 AM

Poor Aaron Carter

by Anonymousreply 303March 22, 2024 2:09 AM

[quote][R255] Imagine being annoyed when people say that sexually abused children are traumatized by the abuse in a thread discussing child sexual abuse.

Because it's an overused term and in this instance meant to cut off questions and debate. And if you don't agree, you are somehow in favor of abuse and abusers.

by Anonymousreply 304March 22, 2024 3:28 AM

Has Britney’s sister ever named the father of her baby? What does she do now? Is she still working? Is she wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 305March 22, 2024 3:43 AM

r305, Josh Miller

by Anonymousreply 306March 22, 2024 3:46 AM

He should.

by Anonymousreply 307March 22, 2024 4:09 AM

It's all very disgusting but this just reminds me of how many times throughout my life I've heard or seen grown men ogle, lust after and say crude things about young girls. And most of them are MAGA. Very unfortunately I think the sexualization of young girls by men who should know better has always been rampant and not one of them among each other ever think it's something horribly gross. It's quite disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 308March 22, 2024 5:52 AM

Porn is rampant with faux pedophilia. “Barely legal” “Just turned 18” and ALL the various “daddy/stepdaugther” “daddy/daughter” “mommy/son” and on and on. And thats just the straight side of porn. These are among THE most popular. It shows the lust for the young is more prevalent than we want to admit.

by Anonymousreply 309March 22, 2024 10:50 AM

[quote]It's all very disgusting but this just reminds me of how many times throughout my life I've heard or seen grown men ogle, lust after and say crude things about young girls

Where did you get the idea that it' s okay for men to ogle young women?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 22, 2024 11:42 AM

All prospective stage parents and their kids should have to watch Shirley Temples Baby Burlesque shorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 22, 2024 2:22 PM

I'm ashamed to say that I never picked up on the sexualization of those kids when my kids watched those shows when they were kids. I was stunned and sickened by that documentary. Those kids being at the mercy of pedos and a giant fat asshoke who helped enable all of it. Aren't there people who make sure that TV shows are acceptable and not bordering on porn? They're responsible, too. Just messed up and kind of upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 312March 22, 2024 2:38 PM

You didn't pick up on the sexualization of the kids because your mind didn't go there, like most people. It took people, with an agenda, to point it out to you.

by Anonymousreply 313March 22, 2024 2:58 PM

While I agree that most people aren’t looking for sexualized material in content aimed at children, R313, Dan Schneider oversaw the production of TV and online content that starred preteens and young teens and contained a number of suggestive jokes. When all of these clips are lined up alongside one another, it points to a pattern of intentional fetish-style content. Knowing that several sex offenders were employed behind the scenes (and those were only the ones who were convicted), it is hard to believe that such jokes were made in total innocence/ignorance. It was well known by the 2010s (and even before that) that the audience for certain types of content (children’s feet, etc) included adults who watched this with a sexual eye. Mara Wilson, a mid-90s child actor whose career peaked before she turned 10, described googling herself for the first time as a kid and finding a website devoted to her feet.

While it’s true that a sick person can sexualize even the most innocent content, there’s a difference between (for instance) a barefoot kid playing with Flipper (bare feet being incidental to the scene) and multiple kids having their feet massaged by a grown man, while the kids moan (the point of the scene). Dan Schneider’s content contained a lot of scenes where a directly suggestive element was the point.

by Anonymousreply 314March 22, 2024 5:28 PM

r300 Jamie Lyne Spears was fucking this hot piece of country meet, Casey. She was just another around the way chick letting some cut boy next door, bust in her. If she got knocked up by a producer then I guess she had an abortion cause this guy is still playing baby daddy.

Casey Aldridge was sexy as hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 22, 2024 6:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 22, 2024 6:02 PM

Thank you r265. This story is crazy because his parents heard he was raped by a producer/manager and they still send his ass back to the show for a few more years in that environment. How the parents are getting out of this unscathed is madness.

by Anonymousreply 317March 22, 2024 6:04 PM

[quote]I'm ashamed to say that I never picked up on the sexualization of those kids when my kids watched those shows when they were kids.

r312 The entire network has been fucked up and inappropriate for a very long time.

This scene definitely went over my head as a kid. And this came out in the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 22, 2024 6:39 PM

But wait...there's more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 22, 2024 6:43 PM

And what 90s kid can forget the gem that is Ren & Stimpy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 22, 2024 6:58 PM

Ren and Stimpy was genius, but it came out later that creator John K had a big thing for teen girls. Seems to be a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 321March 22, 2024 8:15 PM

AAAAGH don't ruin my affection for Ren and Stimpy.

by Anonymousreply 322March 22, 2024 8:33 PM

Sorry, r322. It must be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 22, 2024 8:50 PM

Aw man that sucks.

I was on the IATSE FB page that was discussing this documentary, and one person's comment: worked with Brian Peck for several years and suspected what he was doing. I reported him to my 1st AD, several producers, the young actors on set and their parents and the show runner. They all laughed at me and called me a drama queen because they loved Brian and refused to believe what I suspected. It put a wedge between me and my AD because he ceased trusting me and continued hiring Brian for shows and pilots. Brian was everyone's friend but he knew I was suspicious of him. When I joined the show at Nickelodeon and saw him there too, repeating his practices, I reported him yet again and then I was never invited back to work on the show or any Nickelodeon productions. Drake Bell was a sweet soft spoken kid that I didn't know well enough to confide in and warn but Brian had already befriended him. Brian had also been scrounging the young, male background actors for years because they were innocent and believed his promises of fame. There are many more victims of this monster that are afraid to speak up. I was admonished when I spoke, however Brian was rewarded and continued to work...even after he was released from prison he was supported and hired! There are many monsters around us and they'll never be caught because of enablers. Enablers that I used to be close to, but helped Brian when he got out of prison. I only wish some of the dozens of background actors that were destroyed by Brian, would finally speak up. ** @Drake Bell, you are a hero and I ache for the pain you've been through. Be strong and keep talking and healing.

by Anonymousreply 324March 23, 2024 7:47 PM

This left me with a sick feeling after watching it. I’ve known about Brian Peck for years and was waiting for years to see an expose on him, but this was worse than I imagined. I never expected a big star for the network like Drake Bell to be his victim but it unfortunately adds up when you take his adulthood actions into account.

On another note, I’m kinda hoping this is the last documentary about sexual abuse in the entertainment industry for awhile. Following celebrity gossip has been so depressing these past few years. It’s just nonstop about abuse/rape.

by Anonymousreply 325March 24, 2024 7:12 AM

What a bias and unfair documentary!

by Anonymousreply 326March 24, 2024 5:41 PM

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but the episodes on demand appear to be numbered incorrectly. The timeline seems to be most correct if you watch episodes in order of 1, 2,4,3. Again apologies if already mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 327March 24, 2024 6:25 PM

Seem to be numbered correctly on Max.

by Anonymousreply 328March 24, 2024 6:27 PM

r325 claims to have been following this creeps which means you knew the gossip, but it's now sick because Josh was on the one rapes. Then you say celeb gossip is all rape and abuse. Won't some get Aunty Pity Pat her smelling salts? DL has mentioned all of this type of stuff numerous times. I just can't with pearl clutchers acting extra over something that's been known on DL for decades.

Have we been invaded by naive straight women?

by Anonymousreply 329March 24, 2024 11:21 PM

R329 I felt sick because I didn’t know the details of what Peck exactly did to Bell. I had a visceral reaction listening to Bell and his father discuss everything that went down. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 330March 24, 2024 11:29 PM

R329 Also, my extent of Peck was mainly that clip of him and Leonardo DiCaprio on the set of Growing Pains.

by Anonymousreply 331March 24, 2024 11:29 PM

Oh, well when we talk about people abusing people assume a dick was put somewhere so you don't end up shocked. Same thing with Britney, Aaron Carter, possibly Nick Carter, Corey Haim, the annoying Cory, Zac Efron, Micheal Jackson, and many many more.

by Anonymousreply 332March 24, 2024 11:42 PM

This was a big bag of nothing. The fat kid from Head of the Class was a sort of kind of bad boss and the hairdresser was finger banging a kid. Not great circumstances but nowhere near the hype.

by Anonymousreply 333March 25, 2024 12:07 AM

[quote]Have we been invaded by naive straight women?

Are you new here?

Tf.

by Anonymousreply 334March 25, 2024 12:20 AM

The first episode was everyone telling their stories about toxic Dan Schneider. Fine, get it all out. Watched some of episode two but the Dare (Fear Factor for kids) stuff was deeply upsetting. It made me feel sick. That was ptsd level shit for those kids. I turned it off after. When you look at Amanda Bynes the last ten years, how can any of this been “worth it”? None of those kids were set for life financially.

by Anonymousreply 335March 25, 2024 1:58 AM

[quote] None of those kids were set for life financially.

Ariana Grande and Kenan Thompson will be fine. Maybe, Miranda Cosgrove's parents managed her money wisely. But, I agree for the most, the kids on those shows aren't set for life.

by Anonymousreply 336March 25, 2024 2:57 PM

The fat one ate her money.

by Anonymousreply 337March 25, 2024 5:47 PM

A frau I work with told me a few months ago that when she visits the region she is from in Mexico, Drake Bell is the biggest A+ lost megastar there is. I found that odd. There’s posters of him everywhere, people wear shirts with his picture, etc.

by Anonymousreply 338March 29, 2024 2:02 PM

r311 Ew. Just throw the whole industry away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 30, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote] That was ptsd level shit for those kids.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 340March 30, 2024 3:11 AM

I got through episode three today. I hope that was cathartic for Drake Bell, because it was dreadful to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 341March 30, 2024 3:16 AM

5th episode announced:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 1, 2024 4:24 PM

Is Kenan defending Schneider?

by Anonymousreply 343April 1, 2024 4:59 PM

Dan Schneider is scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 344April 1, 2024 5:03 PM

I just hope he's not scared shirtless...

by Anonymousreply 345April 1, 2024 5:08 PM

Has Khrystyne Haje released a statement?

by Anonymousreply 346April 1, 2024 5:53 PM

r343, since you can't be bothered to read the article yourself, I will do your homework for you. No, he is not defending anyone. He says he never saw it or experienced it but he stands with the victims and thinks more investigating should be done.

by Anonymousreply 347April 1, 2024 6:29 PM

That’s good R347 and no I did not read it because I was concerned that he would be defending him

by Anonymousreply 348April 1, 2024 8:44 PM

In response to the shocking revelations about Nickelodeon in Investigation Discovery's new docuseries Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV, former child star Matthew Underwood has alleged that he was assaulted by his former agent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 1, 2024 9:01 PM

Sad R349

by Anonymousreply 350April 1, 2024 11:05 PM

R350 he left acting because like Dan Benson, there wasn’t any work to be had for an aged child star. Well, maybe the agent had work for him if he played along. Just goes to prove that those that go along, get along.

Dan Benson is now plugging his hole with dildos and trans cock, until to see how it’s much difference then fucking a casting director or agent, but to each their own.

Remember Colton Hayes seeing actors basically perform porn in front of a camera for an “acting class”. But his career took off when he hung out in the little gay mafia group with the *NSYNC guy.

Not for nothing but most child stars are terrible as adults anyway.

by Anonymousreply 351April 1, 2024 11:51 PM

Episode 5 is just more of the same : half Drake Bell and half the other two ALL THAT kids from the previous installments.

by Anonymousreply 352April 8, 2024 4:44 AM

I just finished episode 5. I wonder if they got Drake Bell back so he could promo his new song. I'm not really sure what the purpose of episode 5 was. The black guy seems totally broken to me, I'm not sure if he's ever going to be 100% again.

by Anonymousreply 353April 8, 2024 1:43 PM

Episode 5 sucked. Soledad O’Brien didn’t work in the journalist role at all.

There was little new.

by Anonymousreply 354April 24, 2024 3:55 PM

Dan Schneider suing.

The lawsuit, obtained by Variety and filed by Schneider’s attorneys Jana Moser and Richard McKie, reads in part: “‘Quiet on Set’s’ portrayal of Schneider is a hit job. While it is indisputable that two bona fide child sexual abusers worked on Nickelodeon shows, it is likewise indisputable that Schneider had no knowledge of their abuse, was not complicit in the abuse, condemned the abuse once it was discovered and, critically, was not a child sexual abuser himself. But for the sake of clickbait, ratings, and views — or put differently, money — Defendants have destroyed Schneider’s reputation and legacy through the false statements and implications that Schneider is exactly that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 1, 2024 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!