Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dublin''s Gay Scene

First off, does anyone live in Dublin?

Second, what's the scene like there? What are the men like?

I'm about to go visit for two months for work. I'd like to get a sense of what I'm in for. I love Irish guys!

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013

if youre a hot redhead, would you have more or less luck in dublin

by Anonymousreply 112/31/2010

I love trannies. Any good tranny bars? Are Irish T-Gals pretty?

by Anonymousreply 212/31/2010

There's a fantastic scene in Dublin, with bars like The George, The Dragon, and PantiBar. There are many different club nights and an alternative queer scene. Check out www.gcn.ie

by Anonymousreply 312/31/2010

Dublin in kinda similar to London as in the gay scene is extremely stereotyped and slightly grotty. If you are very camp or into shagging very camp guy you'll have a great time.

by Anonymousreply 412/31/2010

What about shagging guys who are into dragging? Where?

by Anonymousreply 512/31/2010

DUBLIN, OH%0D %0D OH DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 612/31/2010

Dublin is similar to London's gay scene? so everyone is fug?

by Anonymousreply 712/31/2010

No, R7, as in London at least half the people in any given gay establishment at any given time is not from the UK, but the same is not true in Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 812/31/2010

Well r8, most are fug, but it is very, very stereotype gay scene. In London there are a lot of non-scene gay men because they find they gay scene in London way too camp.

by Anonymousreply 912/31/2010

I'd assume that non-sterotypical gays have their own gathering places no matter if it's London, Dublin or the rest of the world, but a tourist usually only is able to spot the ones in the public's eye while the more intimate, less stereotypical and private gatherings are only known to so-called insiders.

by Anonymousreply 1012/31/2010

Dublin men are awfully sweet, poetic and smart, but quite a few are skinny, poorly dressed and have bad teeth.

by Anonymousreply 1112/31/2010

Oh god, I lived in Dublin in 2006 when I was 22 and really liked to go out. It was ghastly, but at least I learned how to do other things to entertain myself.

by Anonymousreply 1212/31/2010

I think OP, you'll find jsut going out in Dublin is great. In the late summer evenings, Temple Bar is amazing. And the cafe's and Bars that scatter through the hidden lanes off Grafton street are uber cool.

My only advice is, maybe stay away from the North side, especially at night. Don't walk alone anywhere the North side of the city centre after dark.

by Anonymousreply 1312/31/2010

North of the Liffey is absolutely fine as long as you're not a blithering idiot. I know people love to give dire warnings about certain places calculated to make them look in the know, but r13 must be terribly prim to be worried north of the Liffey.

by Anonymousreply 1412/31/2010

Leprechauns playing "hide the shillelagh".%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1512/31/2010

Its okay if you like having potatoes stuckk up your bum.

by Anonymousreply 1601/01/2011

Anyone with anything going on, either with their brains, career or looks, gets the hell outta Dublin as soon as they can and heads to London.

Dublin is cute, but it's small and very incestuous.

by Anonymousreply 1701/01/2011

New York, r17. London is so over.

by Anonymousreply 1801/01/2011

[quote]Dublin in kinda similar to London as in the gay scene is extremely stereotyped and slightly grotty. If you are very camp or into shagging very camp guy you'll have a great time.

Excuse me, but I have no idea what this person is saying...

What is an "extremely stereotyped" gay scene? What does "if you are very camp" mean? Does this mean they're all a bunch of nelly queens?

What does "grotty" mean?

by Anonymousreply 1901/01/2011

'Gay scenes' are stereotypes by their very nature.

by Anonymousreply 2001/01/2011

I have neither brains nor career nor looks going for me so I'm looking forward to a day-long layover in Dublin next month. Is there a decent dyke bar in town? Is the Book of Kells worth the trip? Can anyone recommend a good architecture tour? Should I allow myself to be dragged to the Jameson distillery? Does Dublin have some kind of a hipster neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 2101/18/2013

[quote]I love trannies. Any good tranny bars? Are Irish T-Gals pretty?

Don't know about that, but they have awesome drag queens with names like Shirley Temple Bar, Joanna Ryde, Cher Guevara, Demi Whore, and Tyra Wanks.

by Anonymousreply 2201/18/2013

I'm looking for boys who dress as Lady Mary or Lady Sybil (Downton Abbey). Will I have luck?

by Anonymousreply 2301/18/2013

Likely not, R23. However you'll find any number of me.

by Anonymousreply 2401/18/2013

Is BBC Sherlock's Moriarty a part of it?

by Anonymousreply 2501/18/2013

Most hot and talented young men bail out of Ireland as soon as they can for the UK, US or Australia. Dublin was probably a nice city during the Celtic Tiger but post economic crash it's just depressing. The Book of Kells is not really worth the trip but Trinity College (where it is housed) is quite pretty. I was there for a week on business from London and didn't have time to go out and find some fun, but I'm sure if you look hard enough there's still fun to be had.

by Anonymousreply 2601/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.