Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

History of the Speedo

Attached is a history of the Speedo from an Australian point of view. This paragraph caught my eye:%0D %0D 'American men have an aversion to displaying their bodies in public,' one German visitor blogged. 'Ever since gay men came out of the closet in the '80s and showed us who they were, straight American men went into the closet to show us what they weren't. Before the late '80s men wore shorter shorts and swimwear was short and fitted. Men used to be so free and liberated then. Now they are scared.'%0D %0D Amen! Americans need to get over their body aversion. The full article attached.

by Anonymousreply 60108/26/2014

Given that over 50% of Americans are now classified as "morbidly obese", I don't think anyone wants to see more of them in a speedo... Better they should be as covered up as possible.

by Anonymousreply 112/26/2010

Well it's not just body issues; it's bulge iissues. You don't always want to show off your bulge or lack thereof. Some people are jut more shy, modest, etc.

by Anonymousreply 212/26/2010

So true! Ever since gay men have been associated with tight fitting clothing, short shorts, and speedos, straight culture has shunned that type of clothing. Back in the60s and 70s before gays were really out there, men wore tight and fitted clothing. Thankfully this has not caught on in the rest of western culture.

by Anonymousreply 312/28/2010

Honey, if I had that body I'd wear tiger-striped hammock thongs too.

by Anonymousreply 603/15/2012

It's true that when I was growing up men wore much less than they do now. Not only were bathing suits smaller, but shorts often were smaller and tighter (for younger men).

by Anonymousreply 803/16/2012

As they say about nude beaches, it's always the people whose bodies you don't want to see who seem most intent on showing them off.

by Anonymousreply 1003/16/2012

OP? That article about swimsuits had far too many words and far too few pictures. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1103/16/2012

Speedos make my mouth water.

by Anonymousreply 1203/16/2012

& Rod Stewart took it to the extreme...

by Anonymousreply 1403/16/2012

Ahh, remember all the calendars and photo books in the early 80s with men in Speedos? The cover of the "exercise" book Working Out by Charles Hix...

by Anonymousreply 1503/16/2012

R9 is so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 1603/16/2012

From the article:

[quote]"American men have an aversion to displaying their bodies in public," one German visitor blogged. [bold]"Ever since gay men came out of the closet in the '80s and showed us who they were, straight American men went into the closet to show us what they weren't..."[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1803/16/2012

R19 Why? Because it shows off the goods! DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!!

by Anonymousreply 2103/16/2012

[quote]I'm American and a lot of my guys my age prefer trunks and board shorts, not because they have body shame, but because it looks masculine.

No, it doesn't look "masculine." Those board shorts look silly, just as silly as if they were wearing a thong. Neither is "masculine."

Guys wear board shorts because they're afraid they'll be accused of being gay if they wear something that's cut above their knees. It's peer pressure that makes them wear silly looking "shorts" and they're not man enough to wear something that looks good. It's a continuation of body shame from their younger days and they can't overcome or outgrow it.

by Anonymousreply 2303/17/2012

I wish basketball players didn't wear long shorts, they've almost become long pants. i like to see the athletes body, which includes legs.

by Anonymousreply 2403/17/2012

[quote] Your "body shame" narrative isn't convincing any hot guys to bare themselves so you can feast your pervy eyes on them.

Since when is it pervy to enjoy seeing the naked body? Perviness is in the eye of the beholder. I can appreciate a woman's body for the beauty if its form. There is nothing pervy in it. I can also enjoy admiring a great body on a man without being pervy about it. Is everybody who admires Michelangelo's 'David' being pervy?

Your body shame forces you to think that looking at the naked body is being perverted.

by Anonymousreply 2603/17/2012

[quote]stop trying to force the 1960s on our generation.

Force? Who's forcing you to change? If you want to look like you're some dork wearing culottes, just do it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2803/17/2012

1. The old G0Y Manifesto troll is also the anti-effeminate troll. That took me a while.

2. They took my lead on tweed. More and more are heeding my call for 5" inseam shorts. They'll all wear square cut trunks within three years. Be patient.

3. OP is a shitty shitty queer for not posting visual aids in support of his premise.

by Anonymousreply 2903/17/2012

I still can't get out of my head a guy I saw in orange lycra speedos at a gay swim meet 20 years ago. Pony tail, phenomenal body, and the most eye-popping packed in lunch, which had everyone buzzing. Pure magic.

The thing about Speedos reflects America's childish Puritan hangups with the male body. But the pendulum will swing again. In another 20 years or so I suspect cocks will again be outlined in trousers like they were in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 3203/17/2012

R19, I wear briefs because they are better. who gives a fuck what others think

by Anonymousreply 3403/17/2012

[quote]Guys who show off their lower bodies are viewed as creepy, weird, or perverted.

which is idiocy

by Anonymousreply 3503/17/2012

[quote]I'm American and a lot of my guys my age prefer trunks and board shorts, not because they have body shame, but because it looks masculine.

it looks like a skirt to me so it comes across as girlish and silly to me

by Anonymousreply 3603/17/2012

[quote]hip hop styles predominate, and short shorts are not a part of it.

The pendulum has already swung past you, new eldergay, THAT "hip hop style" of yours is [italic]tired[/italic].

Kids are wearing stovepipe pants again and pointy shoes like back in...ah, guess what?

by Anonymousreply 3703/17/2012

None of the hip hop guys have any problem letting their pants hang low exposing an ass crack that practically eats their tight underwear up.

by Anonymousreply 3903/17/2012

I love men in Speedos and loved all those 80s spring break type comedies where even the most masculine men would be in a Speedo.

Times have changed.

by Anonymousreply 4103/17/2012

With a nice square-cut, you don't have to worry about inner thigh hair.

Sometimes speedos make you look like you have Will Ferrel in a scissor-hold.

by Anonymousreply 4203/17/2012

r40 needs to visit Australia.

by Anonymousreply 4503/17/2012

[quote]Ever since gay men came out of the closet in the '80s and showed us who they were, straight American men went into the closet to show us what they weren't.

It has a lot to do with the women. If they didnt think speedos were the garb of gay men, they would buy them for their men. And the men would wear them. Women buy most of straight men's clothing. The funny thing is, most women probably really like how speedos look, but they just dont want everyone to think their guy is gay.

by Anonymousreply 4603/17/2012

No doubt a lot of it has to do with fad and trend- but clearly, as is so blatantly obvious on this thread- gender insecurity, misogenism and homophobia have a lot to do with it too.. Gotta feel sorry for a lot of posters on this thread like R9.

by Anonymousreply 4703/17/2012

R40, that is true. Thanks to everyone wanting to mimic American styles, the world has become homogenized.

by Anonymousreply 4903/17/2012

"who gives a fuck what others think"

THAT, you scaredy-cat hip-hop kids, is how a man thinks.

by Anonymousreply 5003/17/2012

R45, YOU need to visit Australia. The beach I went to recently had virtually no speedos on any guy under 50. Even the lifesavers were wearing long shorts, not speedos. Very disappointing. Why does everyone in the world hate the U.S. (allegedly) and yet they all want to be us????

by Anonymousreply 5103/18/2012

Mmm..

by Anonymousreply 5203/18/2012

Odd, if no one is wearing them, that stores would still stock Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 5303/18/2012

My boyfriend wears bikini underwear, but only the bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 5403/18/2012

r46, Ill take two of him please...

by Anonymousreply 5503/18/2012

Nicholas Clay had the body for a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 5703/19/2012

I certainly don't think speedos are for everyone, but I also don't think a person should be looked down upon for wearing one. It's no one's business at all! Look at all the fat, fugly chicks who waddle around in way too small a bathing suit... We may not love that, but we just roll our eyes and look away. It doesn't become a media story. People were generally healthier in the '70s and the body types of young people tended towards the lean. Hart Bochner and his blonde friend in Breaking Away personify what I'm talking about; the trim, healthy, attractive young man in a speedo as a matter of course. No steroids, six-pack abs, fake tan, waxing, etc... just a guy in a small suit.

As far as lifeguards go, board shorts actually prevent them from swimming as fast as they should be in order to save a life!

by Anonymousreply 5803/19/2012

One of the HDmovie channels is playing Private Resort (1985) with Rob Morrow and Johnny Depp. They both wear more coverage in their suits, but many of the extras, of all shapes and sizes, are in speedos. It was neat! Of course, both leads also have extended bare ass scenes to make up for some of the lack of frontal exposure.

by Anonymousreply 5903/20/2012

Rob Morrow had such a great body in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 6003/20/2012

I've seen men's Speedos in clothing stores in San Diego, Fort Lauderdale, the Hamptons, Cape May, and Savannah.

by Anonymousreply 6403/20/2012

I love the guy in the Speedo in the Carls Jr Turkeyburger ad. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 6603/20/2012

no self-respecting guy should wear board-shorts, thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 6803/20/2012

Any self-respecting guy should wear whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 7003/21/2012

Yay R70! Too much sheep mentality in the world.

by Anonymousreply 7103/21/2012

[quote]Sometimes speedos make you look like you have Will Ferrel in a scissor-hold.

LOLZ! Worth the price of admission today, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 7203/21/2012

Spring Break 2012 - Knees! Knees! Knees!

Male college students are wearing shorts that are at or above the knee. The old calf-length board shorts seem limited to junior high and some high school students.

I saw Speedo-clad students at two beachfront hotel pools. They were competing in some swim events. No college males in Speedos on the beach but a few were wearing square cuts.

by Anonymousreply 7403/21/2012

I wear just a regular swim trunk to the pool, but when I'm lying in the lounge chair, I hike up the sides for a more full coverage tan. I can't believe my eyes when I see young guys laying out in LONG board shorts and they actually keep tugging the legs DOWN if they happen to ride up above the knee. Why would you want tan lines that begin at the knee?? (I know someone will say, "Why would you want tan lines at all?!" I mean this for people who like to be in the sun...)

by Anonymousreply 7603/22/2012

It's no different than women wearing a string bikini or a thong- you have to have the body for it or you'll get harpooned.

by Anonymousreply 7703/24/2012

I noticed that someone who had a Speedo blog was made to list it as "adult content." That's really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 7904/04/2012

This is what is known as a "low rise" Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 8004/04/2012

[quote]I hate speedos.

Most people who are 140 lbs. overweight hate speedos, r82. In-shape people like speedos and wish they could wear them without scorn from ugly fat people.

by Anonymousreply 8304/05/2012

I vacation all over Europe and almost every male wears speedos. Any age, any body, any package. No issue at all. If they hide something, they wear a t-shirt to the speedos to hide the beer belly. The longer shorts are a fashion item for the younger guys, but not because of prudish thoughts to hide the bulge. It's hip cause it's American. Utter nonsense, I know.

by Anonymousreply 8504/05/2012

[quote]I know a lot of very fit young college and military guys (my peers), and none of them wear speedos. In fact, they ridicule them in the sharpest terms. I don't think you know modern American fit males very well.

Of course they ridicule them. That's what they're EXPECTED to do so they just fall in line. The same guys, in a private backyard pool, will be wearing a speedo. You obviously don't know the lemming mindset of modern American fit males.

by Anonymousreply 8704/10/2012

"In fact, they ridicule them in the sharpest terms."

When you're not around, I'm sure they're ridiculing your ass, so your point is.....?

by Anonymousreply 8804/10/2012

R86 So, I hide my body, because someone looking less fit wears the same swimwear? Nope. Sorry, but Speedos are unpopular in America, because you all have body issues (proven by the growth of this insane plastic surgery industry during the last years). Europe is far more liberal und less uptight in these matters. And I do hope it stays this way.

by Anonymousreply 9004/15/2012

Board shorts are getting shorter - about three inches above the knee is the latest length on the surfers and in the surf shops. Living in a beach town, I get to see the changing styles so it's nice to see shorter shorts again.

by Anonymousreply 9104/15/2012

R92= Eff. Troll who realises the Webby is on to him. Just say it, bitch.

Short shorts on guys who aren't fat says to me they have the confidence not to give a fuck about what advertising/'society' tells them. A recent Fosters beer advert scoots around the issue of whether it's okay for a straight guy to allow his friend rub sunblock onto his back and the 'experts' on the other end say "It's fine but lose the 'budgie smugglers'" i.e. a very clear but coded homophobic message designed to appeal to Neanderthal straight men.

How they got away with that I have no idea. The REAL man wouldn't give a fuck if people saw two buds helping each other out and assumed they were a gay couple.

God I fucking hate advertising.

The fact is, if you're lean and have at least a modicum of definition and are also relatively young looking, break out the trunks or Speedos, because you'll probably look good in them. Board shorts are conservative immature fratboy bullshit, unless you're actually surfing.

-rant ends-

by Anonymousreply 9304/15/2012

Thank you for being the voice of reason, AYB. I'm in love with you more now than ever, LOL.

And R92, the "large majority" of guys of which you speak are out of shape and ugly and look ridiculous in just about anything, so I guess you're throwing yourelf in that max as well, right?

by Anonymousreply 9404/15/2012

What r90 said. Most young straight guys in America are way more body conscious now than anyone would like to admit. They like to be covered even in locker rooms.

And you just aren't going to expose that much of your body if you dont like how it looks in the first place. Women have always been like that, and now the men are the same way. Add that to the current clothing style you'll find no one in speedos.

By the time most young guys get over their body consciousness, they are older and not in shape. And most American guys get fat after 25 anyway.

For you, r92:

by Anonymousreply 9504/15/2012

Speedos were Australian. Google Aussie Rules football. You'll see that even their footballers shorts are cut high. None of that baggy daggy puritan shit.

by Anonymousreply 10205/24/2012

The mostly young gays who say that speedos look like female bikini bottoms are so conditioned by the straight mass media that they can't clearly think for themselves even as gay folk. They don't read Maxime but damn Carmen Electra should wear those speedos.

Speedos came into fashion during the unisex craze that started in the 60s up to the mid 1980s. Men and women wearing almost the same thing, gender free clothing, hair styles etc. Sci-fi shows almost always showed the future as being advanced and unisex which was a trending thought back then. Only after decades of conservative culture has the unisex trend disappeared. All men wear blue. All women wear pink. It's an ugly world out there and ain't because of speedos.

by Anonymousreply 10305/26/2012

Gee, straight men are insecure lemmings.

What a shock!

by Anonymousreply 10405/26/2012

Looking at the surfers this weekend, it's evident that board shorts cut above the knee are in style.

by Anonymousreply 10505/26/2012

No body shame here.

by Anonymousreply 10605/31/2012

Thong or Speedo?

Which do you prefer?

by Anonymousreply 10705/31/2012

Small package

by Anonymousreply 10805/31/2012

Speedo couple

by Anonymousreply 10905/31/2012

I watched a nice fit-fat guy jogging in a wet speedo in Miami this week. I was transfixed on his ass and thighs bouncing up and down, some people just look better in speedos than others

by Anonymousreply 11005/31/2012

In the ocean

by Anonymousreply 11105/31/2012

Is that the same couple we see in r109, r111?

by Anonymousreply 11305/31/2012

unisex

by Anonymousreply 11806/06/2012

They look better when you have a nice ass to fill them up

by Anonymousreply 11906/09/2012

wow r9, you have some serious issues to overcome...sad

by Anonymousreply 12006/09/2012

r17...wow just wow

sad

by Anonymousreply 12106/09/2012

If it's good enough for Russell...

by Anonymousreply 12306/12/2012

Perfect swimwear

by Anonymousreply 12406/12/2012

Nice and tight!

by Anonymousreply 12506/12/2012

The fucking word is "predominant", not "predominate", you fucking imbecile retards. I am SO FUCKING SICK of seeing this everywhere!!! What the fuck is WRONG with people??

by Anonymousreply 12606/12/2012

[quote]Board shorts are conservative immature fratboy bullshit, unless you're actually surfing.

Testify, AYB.

I'm so fucking tired of seeing clones with board shorts hanging below the knees. A muscular thigh is a beautiful thing. Sure beats seeing shaved pube stubble.

by Anonymousreply 12806/12/2012

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 12906/12/2012

IMHO...seems like his bulge was diminished from too much use of steroids.

by Anonymousreply 13006/12/2012

Nudes are rude

But speedos are neato!

by Anonymousreply 13106/12/2012

There are many types of speedos and different brands like it now. If you are not insecure then do what you want. I wear one all the time when i swim. I am 29 and quite frankly it is more comfy in the water. Im not the perv for wearing them. you are the perv for staring and making a huge deal of it. if i have to look at camel toe, you can look at a bit of a bulge. and to the hag that said its childish.... i am willing to bet you always wear a pony tale and a dress that covers your whole legs. it is 2012 and its time to get out of others buisness about what and why they do what they do. there is nothing wrong with being comfy and having a good time in the water. Only in America do you find such stupid people to make a huge deal out of stupid things. Were your swimgear proudly men.

by Anonymousreply 13206/13/2012

I agree

by Anonymousreply 13306/13/2012

Nicely done

by Anonymousreply 13406/16/2012

Long shorts and bathing suits are more a result of the influence of black athletes starting with basketball players. Before their influence, everthing had gotten really short through the 70's. Starting in the 80's, blacks had a real aversion to wearing short shorts. Bathing suits just followed that trend.

by Anonymousreply 13506/16/2012

Ugh, not me

by Anonymousreply 13706/16/2012

[quote]And for that, I am grateful.

Bleech. Oh, hell NO.

by Anonymousreply 13806/16/2012

Today's basketball players look like they're wearing culottes - they're just one degree from wearing a skirt.

by Anonymousreply 14006/16/2012

That can't be comfortable wearing all of that Frock and fribbery

by Anonymousreply 14106/20/2012

Damm, that ass @ 134 looks tasty.

by Anonymousreply 14206/20/2012

;

by Anonymousreply 14306/20/2012

nasty nastay!

by Anonymousreply 14406/20/2012

Dirty speedo

by Anonymousreply 14506/21/2012

looking good and nasty!

by Anonymousreply 14606/21/2012

Nice Speedo bulges in some of these photos

by Anonymousreply 14706/22/2012

I love the hairy guy

by Anonymousreply 14806/22/2012

r147 that is not a speedo. It is a square cut.

by Anonymousreply 14906/22/2012

[quote]that is not a speedo. It is a square cut.

While some may be square cut, the page has Speedo styles also. Don't you have a scroll bar on your screen so that you can move down the page?

by Anonymousreply 15006/22/2012

Check this hose!

by Anonymousreply 15106/22/2012

Hot day, I see

by Anonymousreply 15206/22/2012

This guy must have spilled some ice cream on his Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 15306/22/2012

Whoa, imagine finding him in your backyard

by Anonymousreply 15406/22/2012

Yank colors with Saudi Air Force plane. Strange photo.

by Anonymousreply 15506/22/2012

WTF is that?

by Anonymousreply 15606/22/2012

Speedo tan lines

by Anonymousreply 15706/23/2012

"those nut huggers were obscene and repulsive. People today can't believe basketball players actually wore those hot pants. They look like chicks."

This post reeks of homophobia, sexism and every kind of prudish and provincial impulse that the '70s, had we done them properly, would have banished to history's dustbin.

by Anonymousreply 15806/23/2012

One of those tree hugging people

by Anonymousreply 15906/24/2012

some guys have more to keep in their speedo than others

by Anonymousreply 16106/24/2012

Well, the Future history of the speedo lies in . . . .Russia!

I just finished an article in this month's National Geographic about Russian Dachas (summer vacation cottages) and their Dachniki. This is all likely translated but here it goes:

"A word about the dacha dress code: For Men: Speedos, sometimes paired with rubber boots. "Why do Russian men wear Speedos?'I don't know, but it is truly Russian,' Says Melissa Caldwell, a social anthropologist at the U of Cali, Santa Cruz. 'I once almost had to burn my eyes after walking through a park in St. Petersburg and encountering what seemed like thousands of middle-aged men sunbathing in their Speedos')"

by Anonymousreply 16307/02/2012

Cool r162? Sounds more like middle America boring.

by Anonymousreply 16407/02/2012

or dullness

by Anonymousreply 16607/02/2012

New speedo sighting

by Anonymousreply 16807/10/2012

jams are ugly

by Anonymousreply 17007/10/2012

PROVO, Utah -- A Utah police officer fired for dropping his pants and flaunting a green Speedo during a "Princess and the Frog" skit at a school is getting his job back.

Cody Harris filed an appeal after he was dismissed from his position as a Provo school resource officer in May. The Provo Civil Service Commission decided Wednesday that Harris should be reinstated.

Provo police said in an email that the department still backs its initial decision to fire Harris, but it will honor the commission's decision.

Harris was dismissed after Provo police said he removed his pants to show off the Speedo-style suit and made inappropriate gestures and comments while a group of female students were nearby.

Harris will receive training to work in the patrol division.

by Anonymousreply 17107/13/2012

Saw two square-cut Speedos at the beach yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 17207/16/2012

saw a normal speedo at the pool today - hot muscle bear too

by Anonymousreply 17307/16/2012

Looks better than board shorts.

by Anonymousreply 17407/16/2012

VaVaVoom!

by Anonymousreply 17507/16/2012

Olympian shows off his newest Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 17607/25/2012

Well, I was surfing on the net and I came to this topic...what is the matter in the US to wear short shorts or speedos? I am Italian and I always wear speedos. I feel much more free and it dryes very quickly. A lot of men here wear them without all this concern...isn't this a bit childish? Masculinity is not about what you wear, is about how you are...of course, you need to have a fit body and good legs to wear speedos...otherwise girls would just laugh at you!

by Anonymousreply 17708/13/2012

Tom Daley, reigning King of all Speedos!

by Anonymousreply 17908/13/2012

Pinky

by Anonymousreply 18010/25/2012

Moon over Miami

by Anonymousreply 18110/25/2012

For those who "just want this thread to die."

Suck on it!

by Anonymousreply 18201/15/2013

I met the guy who designed speedos once. He complimented me on the colour combination of my outfit. He told me he did design speedos, but I didn't know it was him so I brushed him off. I later on saw a picture of him in a local newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 18301/15/2013

American men are more self-conscious about their bodies than anyone outside the Arab world

by Anonymousreply 18401/15/2013

Aussie

by Anonymousreply 18506/04/2013

The best part about having to watch those Jacques Cousteau shows when I was a boy was getting to see the bearded, trim helpers and divers in their speedos. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 18606/04/2013

That Australian lifeguard is hot.

by Anonymousreply 18706/06/2013

lifeguard competition

by Anonymousreply 18806/06/2013

[quote]guys who wear speedos should just complete the picture and wear bikini tops because they are already wear bikini bottoms. Dudes look best wearing masculine, boxy/square cut trunks or board shorts, not a feminine bikini cut.

I disagree with R9.

by Anonymousreply 18906/06/2013

Asses of death.

by Anonymousreply 19006/06/2013

A better way to wear a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 19106/07/2013

When I hear Speedo, I think of Judge Reardon, the Speedo-wearing lunatic judge on [italic]Justified[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 19206/07/2013

[quote]guys who wear speedos should just complete the picture and wear bikini tops because they are already wear bikini bottoms.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 19306/07/2013

squarecut speedo

by Anonymousreply 19406/07/2013

Yum!

by Anonymousreply 19506/07/2013

Somebody forgot to wear his speedo.

by Anonymousreply 19606/11/2013

I read a swim blog and the author went through a phase when he kept going on about how boys wouldn't go into swimming because of having to wear Speedos and the associations with them. He's gay-friendly though, but was highlighting how American males have hang ups about it.

by Anonymousreply 19706/11/2013

nice speedo bulge

by Anonymousreply 19906/12/2013

beach guy

by Anonymousreply 20006/13/2013

On my knees in the sand in front of those guys in R190 photo.

by Anonymousreply 20106/13/2013

R199 is that a flashlight in your speedo or are you just glad to see me?

by Anonymousreply 20206/13/2013

Most Italian men wear Speedos on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 20406/18/2013

red speedo

by Anonymousreply 20606/21/2013

purple speedo

by Anonymousreply 20706/21/2013

Nice speedos

by Anonymousreply 20806/21/2013

hot!

by Anonymousreply 20906/21/2013

Square-cut Speedos are making a comeback at Carib island beaches.

by Anonymousreply 21107/24/2013

R209 is perfect

by Anonymousreply 21307/24/2013

[quote]square cuts are not called speedos

Square cuts are called Speedos when they're made by the Speedo company. Google "Speeedo square cut" and don't come back until you've earned your G.E.D.

by Anonymousreply 21407/25/2013

I like speedo style suits, I've never understood the American disdain for them. Silly body issues I guess. Sad that American culture has given men a complex.

by Anonymousreply 21507/25/2013

If All men wore them it would not be an issue

by Anonymousreply 21607/25/2013

American men didn't wear Speedos; they (in the 50's and 60's) wore thigh-high trunks and/or higher-thigh fitted swim trunks.

But never without support, as Speedos lack.

Europe, now, ......

by Anonymousreply 21707/25/2013

why the fuck would I care about that?

by Anonymousreply 22007/25/2013

they can get the fuck over themselves.

by Anonymousreply 22207/25/2013

Speak for yourself, r222.

by Anonymousreply 22307/25/2013

I meant r219!

by Anonymousreply 22407/25/2013

I saw two speedos at the beach yesterday. Both men were in good shape. There were several squarecuts also. Smaller swimsuits are making a comeback in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 22707/30/2013

square-cut?

by Anonymousreply 22908/02/2013

d

by Anonymousreply 23309/09/2013

David Duchovny said he regrets wearing a red Speedo in the pilot episode of "The X-Files" during an appearance in New York with former co-star Gillian Anderson.

ADVERTISEMENT The two actors appeared Saturday night at the Paley Center for Media in New York to discuss the show, which celebrated the 20th anniversary of its debut last month, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

Anderson said she was told she won the role of FBI Special Agent Dana Scully on a Thursday and by Saturday she and Duchovny were in Vancouver filming the pilot.

Duchovny said the show's creator, Chris Carter, wanted him to wear swimming trunks in the episode.

"I said nobody swims in boardshorts," so he wore his own Speedo. "I have regretted it ever since."

Anderson said she and Duchovny were often in bad moods when they had promotional photo shoots for the series because of the intense filming schedule required to produce two dozen episodes per season.

The shoots were held on weekends and "it was all day and that's your one moment off," Duchovny added.

"We were doing interviews every week," Anderson added, saying they didn't realize the popularity of the series until the third season.

Read more at

by Anonymousreply 23410/17/2013

In order for speedos to be acceptable in America, you have to have role model macho dudes wearing it, such as football/basketball players and hip hop artists. It would take a macho revamp too, perhaps masculinizing the cut somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 23511/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 23611/14/2013

l

by Anonymousreply 23711/20/2013

d

by Anonymousreply 23812/04/2013

How odd that R212, R228, R230, R231, R232, R235, R238 apparently hates Speedos and wants to ban them, yet he keeps posting in and bumping up this thread!

by Anonymousreply 23912/04/2013

Totally on point OP. Many respondents prove (and the German's) your point.

by Anonymousreply 24012/05/2013

'

by Anonymousreply 24101/19/2014

d

by Anonymousreply 24201/25/2014

Not wanting speedos is one of saddest things about modern life.

The body should be celebrated in all its glory not hidden by by square cut board shorts,with everyone calling everyone else dude.

So sad.

by Anonymousreply 24301/25/2014

Great post, r243!

by Anonymousreply 24401/27/2014

Stretched out blue one.

by Anonymousreply 24502/11/2014

Speedo is a brand. You can buy styles that are not the classic "Speedo" … square-cuts, board shorts, jams, even towels. But the nylon brief cannot be beat! Anyone looking good and in good shape looks good in them. Just don't go for one too tight. I like the brief with the 3" side panel. The 1" is just gross, makes you look all dick. No need for that. The water polo model is great, too. Often you can get a good deal from the company, on sale, the odd color combos and prints that didn't sell through last season.

by Anonymousreply 24602/11/2014

nylon brief?

by Anonymousreply 24702/11/2014

c

by Anonymousreply 24802/14/2014

swim time is here

by Anonymousreply 24905/16/2014

I've seen several speedos on the beach recently. Board shorts seem to be gone. But the swim shorts still reach almost to the knee (better than the silly ankle length from several years ago).

by Anonymousreply 25005/16/2014

Bartender at Fire Island Pines.

by Anonymousreply 25105/16/2014

Just a bit more than a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 25205/16/2014

square cut

by Anonymousreply 25305/16/2014

Up on the roof

by Anonymousreply 25405/16/2014

Are you guys allowed to wear loose swimming shorts in the swimming pools in the US? I went swimming the first time for over 10 years earlier this year as part of my physiotherapy in public spa that also had many big swimming pools. I was wearing my loose Adidas swim board shorts and after just a minute in the pool a lifeguard/employee came to tell me that loose shorts are not allowed.

I tried to protest that they are swim shorts made especially for swimming but no, I couldn't wear them. Apparently the machinery that cleans the water get easily clogged by the wrong kind of fibres so you can only use tight trunks that are made of spandex or whatever that material is called. I had to rent a pair and there were only two kinds of trunks available: speedos or tight swim trunks.

I'm always amused by the hate speedos or tight trunks get from the American guys when here they are the only thing we are allowed to wear in the pools. I'm certainly not complaining because all the men wear tight trunks. It's a bulge fest.

by Anonymousreply 25505/16/2014

I LOVE a hot guy in a speedo!!!

by Anonymousreply 25605/16/2014

[quote]Are you guys allowed to wear loose swimming shorts in the swimming pools in the US?

Yes. Unless it's a swimming meet, guys will be in long, loose swim suits.

by Anonymousreply 25705/16/2014

Australia

by Anonymousreply 25805/16/2014

Interesting thread, with a clear generational divide.

It's not surprising to me that the rightward shift in American politics since Reagan brought about the corresponding increase in social conservatism that I see here. In fact socially conservative sloganeering is what Reagan used to bring the country to the right in accordance with the interests of the business lobby.

Other points come to mind but I'll leave it here, except to say, I suspect all DLers against speedos here are from the Reagan generation and after.

Boardshorts are beach and swimwear that says No 'mo.

by Anonymousreply 25905/16/2014

/

by Anonymousreply 26005/18/2014

beach fun

by Anonymousreply 26105/18/2014

water polo team

by Anonymousreply 26205/18/2014

hump day

by Anonymousreply 26305/18/2014

d

by Anonymousreply 26405/20/2014

This is how to wear a Speedo

by Anonymousreply 26505/20/2014

My body is ready for caftans

by Anonymousreply 26605/20/2014

Speed-NO! Girls ban budgie smugglers on the beach

MEN, it's time to give your skimpy Speedos to the nearest Oxfam! Budgie smugglers are officially a fashion faux pas as two-thirds of women say they prefer guys in swim shorts, according to a study by travel agent On The Beachight and barely-there swimwear in a big fashion NO this summer.

An overwhelming 98% of British women would prefer their men not to wear snug Speedos during their holiday, according to a study conducted by travel agent On The Beach.

The survey of 1,500 British holidaymakers revealed that only 2% of girls would like to see their men sporting tiny pants on the beach, with two-thirds choosing swim shorts as their preferred option.

However, 13% said they would rather see their man wearing the more tight-fitting swimming trunks.

Alistair Daly, chief marketing officer at On the Beach, says: "We often see pictures of celebrity men wearing tight-fitting Speedos on holiday but our survey suggests that girls are not keen on their partners doing the same!"

by Anonymousreply 26706/19/2014

Speedo = around the butt nut hut

by Anonymousreply 26806/19/2014

I am often embarassed seeing a man wearing speedos. Your eyes automatically go to the crotch area. Worse sight, European men, fat, hairy, wearing tight swim wear. If one is an exhibitionist, well speedo would no doubt be your choice of beach apparel.

by Anonymousreply 26906/19/2014

Hell, you may as well just wear jeans at the beach.

by Anonymousreply 27006/19/2014

nice jeans bro

by Anonymousreply 27106/19/2014

The guy on the left represents,for me,the ideal length and fit for swimming attire...it's classic and unfussy.

All the others make it seem the wearer is going for a "look".

by Anonymousreply 27206/19/2014

ok

by Anonymousreply 27306/21/2014

I like the black square cut - and the guy wearing it.

by Anonymousreply 27406/22/2014

I prefer speedos

by Anonymousreply 27506/22/2014

Nice speedo tan line on Tom Berdych.

by Anonymousreply 27606/26/2014

Perfect

by Anonymousreply 27706/26/2014

[quote]Why would guys want to wear something that resembles a female bikini

I don't know, why would women want to ware something as masculine as pants? Might as well let your upper lip hair grow and stop shaving your pits.

Real ladies wear dresses, men wear pants. Lesbians exempt of course.

After all, the only women in history that wore pants were either gay or wanted to be precised as men.

by Anonymousreply 27806/26/2014

[quote]officially a fashion faux pas as two-thirds of women say they prefer guys in swim shorts

100 % of men is the UAE prefer their women in a black full lenght Burka.

by Anonymousreply 27906/26/2014

silver

by Anonymousreply 28006/28/2014

Real silver

by Anonymousreply 28106/28/2014

It would be nice if people like R280 would take a moment to learn how to post a photo.

by Anonymousreply 28206/28/2014

when I was in college, I got some kind of urinary tract infection that lasted a few weeks and I lost, like, 10-12 lbs.

I kept it off for about 3 months, but that was the only time in my life I could wear and look good in a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 28306/28/2014

This is how to wear a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 28407/04/2014

Several Speedo squarecuts on the beach yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 28507/05/2014

patriotic

by Anonymousreply 28607/05/2014

Love r284's photo! That IS how you wear a speedo!

by Anonymousreply 28707/07/2014

Zack Stewart

by Anonymousreply 28807/07/2014

speedos need to be worn

by Anonymousreply 28907/07/2014

During a trip to Louisville, gay adult film star Jessie Colter visited the recently re-opened Kentucky Kingdom. Jessie, like myself, tends to opt for the shorter side of men's swimwear. Upon arrival at the park, Colter was allegedly informed that his briefs were acceptable for wear at the park.

However during his stay at the park, Jessie was allegedly approached by a LMPD officer asking that he leave the park or face arrest. According to this article, a "LMPD officer allegedly approached Jessie, called him ‘queer’ and threatened him with arrest, for wearing Speedo swimwear. 'He informed me that several Public Safety Officers from the park had warned [me], which is 100% false,' Colter added."

Colter did decide to leave the park, and no official complaints against the park have been filed. Kentucky Kingdom has been contacted for a statement, but at time of publication I have not received a reply. This story will be updated once I do receive word from their team.

Kentucky Kingdom does outline a dress code on their site, which in summation gives them the right to refuse anyone for a suit the do not deem to be fit their standards.

"Guests must wear shirts and shoes at all times while at Kentucky Kingdom, except when inside the Hurricane Bay water park. Proper swimming attire is required at Hurricane Bay. For their own safety, guests may not swim in cut-offs or other clothing with rivets, zippers, or buckles. Kentucky Kingdom is a family-friendly theme park and reserves the right to determine whether a guest’s attire is appropriate."

While there has been no response from Kentucky Kingdom a local twitter user does seem to corroborate Jessie's story.

As a gay man that grew up in the area, I have received my fair share of hate and discrimination because of my sexual orientation. 4th Street Live's dress code is a prime example of a double standard: women are practically allowed to wear whatever they chose, but a man can not wear a tank top, low cut shirts, or shorts that are too short. Granted, I understand it's within the establishment's rights to put forth a dress code policy, but why the double standard? Why is it ok for women to show off their bodies, but when a man does it we are asked to leave or put on more clothing?

A Speedo may be a little out of place at Kentucky Kingdom, but at the end of the day ask yourself if it's out of place because it's inappropriate or because we, here in Kentucky, have made it taboo? Sound off in the comments, or feel free to hit me up on Twitter, @TheKenGent. I'd love to hear your take on all this.

UPDATE [July 10th]: Kentucky Kingdom office has reached out, and will be in contact tomorrow in regards to a statement

by Anonymousreply 29007/11/2014

Where's Richard Armitage?

by Anonymousreply 29107/11/2014

Cutie

by Anonymousreply 29207/11/2014

What? No pictures of Neil Patrick Harris in a speedo?

by Anonymousreply 29307/11/2014

Is it the suit? Or, what's in it?

by Anonymousreply 29407/11/2014

Who said that men don't wear pink?

by Anonymousreply 29507/11/2014

Do the tats work? Or, non?

by Anonymousreply 29607/11/2014

This is cute little number.

by Anonymousreply 29707/11/2014

From the back.

by Anonymousreply 29807/11/2014

From the side.

by Anonymousreply 29907/11/2014

I'll take two, please.

by Anonymousreply 30007/11/2014

Hmm... I don't know... What does it look like from the back?

by Anonymousreply 30107/11/2014

It doesn't "grab" me.

by Anonymousreply 30207/11/2014

YASSS!!! Me, likey!!!

by Anonymousreply 30307/11/2014

CHARGE IT!

by Anonymousreply 30407/11/2014

How I define a little black dress...

by Anonymousreply 30507/11/2014

[quote]Speedos should be illegal. The only guys who wear them in the U.S. are creepy exhibitionists are prancing effeminates. As one chick said, guys who wear speedos should just complete the picture and wear bikini tops because they are already wear bikini bottoms. Dudes look best wearing masculine, boxy/square cut trunks or board shorts, not a feminine bikini cut.

Well! Smell her! ...carrying around a bit of extra poundage, honey?

by Anonymousreply 30607/11/2014

r306, a dude wrote that.

by Anonymousreply 30707/11/2014

If he's hot in a jock, I'm sure he's just as hot in a g-string.

by Anonymousreply 30807/11/2014

I'll take it!

by Anonymousreply 30907/11/2014

This works too!

by Anonymousreply 31007/11/2014

[quote]I'm American and a lot of my guys my age prefer trunks and board shorts, not because they have body shame, but because it looks masculine. Speedos and short shorts and tight pants are perceived as feminine and gay.

I say bullshit to this! 80-98 degree weather, and you're walking around in board shorts? American men have simply become puritanical. You see it in the gym locker rooms where you have all the towel dancers. If straight men have become so afraid of their bodies being looked upon by a possible gay man then they are the ones with the issues.

Somewhere in this thread Black guys are mentioned, and from what I've seen at the beach this is very true. I've seen a number of Black guys wearing cargo pants, a tank top, or T-shirt, who jump into the ocean wearing all of that. They don't even take off their shirts! This is nothing but body shaming, or afraid of being perceived as gay. Just stupid!

Now... the Black girls on the other hand, wear it all, and some of them SHOULDN'T be wearing what they are wearing! But, good for them! You're there to enjoy the beach.

by Anonymousreply 31107/11/2014

I guess it depends who is wearing the g-string.

by Anonymousreply 31207/11/2014

How can you NOT like speedos?

by Anonymousreply 31307/11/2014

Perfectly attired

by Anonymousreply 31407/11/2014

So, this guy doesn't look bad in a speedo. I wish Will Smith was wearing one!

by Anonymousreply 31507/11/2014

You all realize that about 18 of the last 20 posts are from the same fixated loon, right?

by Anonymousreply 31607/11/2014

So what of it R316? I never tried to hide it. I'm just keeping the thread a rolling. Anyone is more than welcomed to chime in with their point of view. I tell ya... some of you are just the epitome of the gay stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 31707/11/2014

You can't put Speedo on an Expando body.

by Anonymousreply 31807/11/2014

Thanks for keeping it going R317.

by Anonymousreply 31907/11/2014

holding

by Anonymousreply 32007/18/2014

nice bulge

by Anonymousreply 32107/18/2014

Fun time

by Anonymousreply 32207/18/2014

Yellow

by Anonymousreply 32307/18/2014

Oh! R323!!! Where did that one come from? I like that suit, and would buy it for myself!

by Anonymousreply 32407/19/2014

Americans are turning more against speedos than ever.

by Anonymousreply 32507/19/2014

R325 And more over wight, there is a connection.

by Anonymousreply 32607/19/2014

R323 hot

by Anonymousreply 32707/19/2014

Sprinkle speedo

by Anonymousreply 32807/19/2014

This is how to wear a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 32907/20/2014

mini speedo

by Anonymousreply 33007/20/2014

!

by Anonymousreply 33107/20/2014

square-cut

by Anonymousreply 33207/20/2014

Would you turn down this Speedo wearer?

by Anonymousreply 33307/21/2014

Black and white

by Anonymousreply 33407/21/2014

Better than board shorts.

by Anonymousreply 33507/22/2014

You can get arrested for wearing those Pervy things in the US

by Anonymousreply 33607/24/2014

what is the site that fraus discuss soccer players in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 33707/24/2014

?

by Anonymousreply 33807/24/2014

R333 absolutely not! hot hunk!

by Anonymousreply 33907/24/2014

Women hate dudes in speedos, while means dudes hate speedos.

by Anonymousreply 34007/24/2014

R340, your comment makes no sense. Anyway...from what I could understand of your posting, you must have forgotten that you're on a gay chat site. Who cares what women hate or like?

But, if women do hate men in speedos it can only be because of the attention that "their" guy is getting. Look... if you have a great body, whether you be a man or a woman, you're going to get attention. I'm as gay as the sky is blue, but I have seen women with drop-dead gorgeous bodies, who wear wearing bikinis, who have caused even me to stop, and go WOW! If you got the body, SHOW IT!!!

This reminds me of a guy in my gym. Cute, quiet, "boy next door" type. Think "geek" or "dork" in a nice way. Ya know...the Sears catalogue look. Well honeys, you wouldn't know it by the way he dresses, but when he is in his underwear...(I'm having palpitations already), Armani, Gregg Homme, Andrew Christian, to name what I have seen...and he looks GREAT, and he is HOT as hell!!!

He reminds me of that old cliche; "Be a lady in the streets, but be a whore in the bedroom!" WHEW!!! That boy is hot!!!

Anyway...if you've got the body, then show it! I hate seeing these good looking guys in those gawd-awful board trunks. It's too hot for all of that clothing.

by Anonymousreply 34107/24/2014

...and one more thing. If you're not looking at least half way decent in a speedo, a square cut, or just a nice mid thigh trunk, ya know..."he's alright, but if he loses 5-10 pounds, he'll be a knockout" then its time to push the plate away from the table, and get to the gym!

Not everyone needs to look like the guy in the link. That's all way too much work! But, we all can be height/weight proportionate!

by Anonymousreply 34207/24/2014

Damn he's sexy r342

by Anonymousreply 34307/26/2014

That's a nice Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 34407/26/2014

R343, the point is that the fact that most Women ridicule men in speedos has a huge effect on prevailing attitudes towards speedos in America, wherever the sexual orientation or gender. I don't think it is because women are jealous of the attention men theoretically would get in speedos. After all, women love to see buff shirtless men showing off ripped abs and huge biceps. Moreover, you don't wear underwear in public, so there is no Concern for jealously, but young women sure do lampoon men who wear bikini briefs or tighty whitie brief underwear. I think people just think men in speedos are creepy exhibitionists, or, very feminine. That is the public mainstream perception of men who wear speedos domestically. American Men, straight and gay, usually avoid speedos because they associate it with public exhibitionism, foreigners, creepiness, or feminine males. Until they no longer have that association, they will remain very unpopular in this country.

by Anonymousreply 34507/26/2014

R344 is FANTASTIC!

by Anonymousreply 34607/26/2014

My real name is MISTER EARL!

by Anonymousreply 34707/26/2014

and of course with speedos one must remember the SPF!

by Anonymousreply 34807/26/2014

A recent survey showed that Americans and Brits are the most uptight about wearing Speedos. Apparently, they're embarrassed about showing their cock in public. LOL. What a bunch of uptight twats!

by Anonymousreply 34907/26/2014

R349, what type of person is okay with showing their genitals in public?

by Anonymousreply 35007/26/2014

OO, OO, OOOOO, I know R350!!! What is a ...NUDIST!

by Anonymousreply 35107/26/2014

R345 summed it up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 35207/26/2014

So, women laugh at him R352, and R345? Okay...

by Anonymousreply 35307/26/2014

I get lots of laughs looking at this guy...

by Anonymousreply 35407/26/2014

Even Mr. Armani likes a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 35507/26/2014

This guy just has me rolling all over the floor in fits of laughter.

by Anonymousreply 35607/26/2014

Oh, those silly boys!

by Anonymousreply 35707/26/2014

Luke 16:15 says in part 'what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in he sight of God.' Since being elegantly clothed is more highly esteemed than is being merely well dressed; and being well dressed is more highly esteemed than is being poorly clothed; and even being poorly clothed is more highly esteemed than is being unclothed, being naked must be more acceptable in God's sight than is being well clothed. Therefore, if speedos should be outlawed it should only be after board shorts and all other swimwear offering more coverage than speedos have been outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 35807/27/2014

[quote]You can get arrested for wearing those Pervy things in the US

That's actually true in some parts of the country. It religious extremists gone amuck!

[quote]A recent survey showed that Americans and Brits are the most uptight about wearing Speedos. Apparently, they're embarrassed about showing their cock in public. LOL. What a bunch of uptight twats!

and that's such a shame in this day and age. I have noticed that it is the young who are acting like this. I see these young guys wearing a tank top under a T-Shirt. Really? It's just too damn HOT for all of that clothing! You don't have to have the "perfect" body to wear a speedo. Many men, who are height, and weight, proportioned look very sexy in them. A man wearing a speedo tells me that he is comfortable with his body, and sexuality. I wouldn't kick this guy in the link out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 35907/27/2014

Or this one.

by Anonymousreply 36007/27/2014

Or, even him. ...but I'm known to be a slut.

by Anonymousreply 36107/27/2014

There are dudes here in Miami that jog in a speedo on the beach. Latino dudes with thick brown asses and muscled chests. This thread might get me to go speedo watching today, lucky me!

by Anonymousreply 36207/27/2014

Muscle slut shirt, and speedo!

by Anonymousreply 36307/27/2014

Now, THIS is when we begin to run into problems. But hey! good for him!!!If he feels comfortable, and confident, wear it papi!

by Anonymousreply 36407/27/2014

Another no bueno, but hey... for some this works.

by Anonymousreply 36507/27/2014

It's all about the abs. Mmph!

by Anonymousreply 36607/27/2014

green speedo, nice pecs

by Anonymousreply 36707/27/2014

swim meet

by Anonymousreply 36807/27/2014

nice

by Anonymousreply 36907/27/2014

Is that a thong tanline on France?

by Anonymousreply 37007/27/2014

Army guy is ready to play.

by Anonymousreply 37107/27/2014

contrasts

by Anonymousreply 37207/27/2014

btw, comparing the fashions between the U.S., Europe, and Eastern Europe, I had to check out very recent beach photos of a formerly Eastern European country that's now part of the West and is in Northern Europe.

The conclusion is,

The size of men's shorts is inversely proportional to their age.

— aka the older the shorter, the younger the longer (and usually better-looking :).

But rarely do boardish shorts go past the knee, like they often do in the U.S.

So, for people who are conscious that their bodies are out of shape or more, but who stil want to go on a beach, then board shorts are perfect.

Truth to tell, speedos only look great guys on who are in good shape.

by Anonymousreply 37307/27/2014

This is what to wear to a pool party.

by Anonymousreply 37407/27/2014

R374 If you look like most of the guys in that picture, the appropriate thing to wear would be your birthday suit.

by Anonymousreply 37507/27/2014

A brother in speedo, the rarest specimen of them all!

Looks like he needs extra crotch room...

by Anonymousreply 37607/27/2014

Is anyone up for an invasion of Upper Arlington?

by Anonymousreply 37707/27/2014

Rod Stewart. Not bad...

by Anonymousreply 37807/27/2014

Older daddy in a speedo. Not bad!

by Anonymousreply 37907/27/2014

Mark Damon. Not bad!

by Anonymousreply 38007/27/2014

Yes sir! It's about the abs!!!

by Anonymousreply 38107/27/2014

One wonders what a caftan made by Speedo would look like. That I would wear...

by Anonymousreply 38207/27/2014

I actually own these too in red.

by Anonymousreply 38307/27/2014

Ahnold!

by Anonymousreply 38407/27/2014

Ahnold again. Still, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 38507/27/2014

WHOA! R376! HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 38607/27/2014

Yasss! Hunny!

by Anonymousreply 38707/27/2014

Hottie

by Anonymousreply 38807/27/2014

There is nothing remotely feminine about speedos. Masculine and feminine guys both wear them. It's the guy who might make them appear feminine, not the article of clothing itself.

There is absolutely nothing hotter on a well built guy in my opinion.

Next we'll be hearing that masculine guys only wear boxer shorts too. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 38907/27/2014

Comments from the net:

-This last one’s for you, fellas. If you’re on vacation in Europe or competing in a swim meet, you’ll fit right in wearing a Speedo. Otherwise, give us a break and keep a little more of yourself to yourself with swim trunks that won’t make us blush when we look your way. Rod Stewart hasn’t exactly been rocking the Speedo look all these years. (personally, I think Rod looks great!)

-Perhaps those of us who wear Speedo style swimwear do it for OUR comfort and don’t care what others think. Less is more when swimming or wearing wet cloth on our body. Get over it.

-I find that people complain not so much about the speedo but the figure of the man wearing it. It's this odd societal attitude that wearing exposing clothing is a privilege for skinny people only.

-I wouldn't be seen dead wearing speedos/swim briefs. I imagine my mum had me wearing that type when I was little. But now? Good grief no. I have not been swimming in a while, but I seem to remember most chaps wearing swimming shorts. When they say Europe - I don't think they are including the UK I don't think you will find many e.g's of average men wearing swim briefs on British beaches... (fat turd)

-Men in long swim trunks = THIS year’s fad. Ever see a tan line that stops at the waist and doesn’t begin again until the knees? NOT pretty… or handsome. I notice that it’s not a man writing this; how would you (or any other woman) like to be told that you should wear a swimsuit that covers most of your thighs?

-I would not be caught dead wearing the droopy dorky drawers that most American insecure idiots were. When I go to the beach I want to be comfortable and enjoy the sun on my skin. Why do American's feel its ok for women to wear normal swimwear but expect guys to wear these ridiculous long johns.

-If I look as great as Rod when I'm his age, I would wear a Speedo. And I'm female.

-I've gotten speedos as a joke gift, but the joke was on the jokee as I wore them out when we went to the beach. I've always been 160 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal...

-Hey, Liz, if you like trunks, wear them yourself. It's like trying to swim in a parachute. I prefer skinny-dipping myself; but I wouldn't want to make you blush. That's another beach no-no.

by Anonymousreply 39007/27/2014

Not bad.

by Anonymousreply 39107/27/2014

I agree R389! Does this guy look feminine?

by Anonymousreply 39207/27/2014

Or, this guy?

by Anonymousreply 39307/27/2014

Or,even this guy?

by Anonymousreply 39407/27/2014

...and then you have this! Why wear anything?

by Anonymousreply 39507/28/2014

In the States, speedos are extremely unpopular because of who wears them. The men who wear them are usually way out of shape, older, or very uh, unmanly. If football players, hip hop artist, or Marines wore them, they might be more popular. But the strong stigma against them is tied to the unpopular group of men who wear them.

by Anonymousreply 39607/28/2014

Says it all...

by Anonymousreply 39707/28/2014

I work out intensely 5 days a week, including lifting, 45 minutes of cardio and swimming. I follow a high protein, lo-carb diet. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, prescription or otherwise.

If I want to wear a Speedo when I swim or go to the beach(and I do), that's my prerogative and I don't give a flying fuck what some prissy cunt(male or female) thinks about it.

by Anonymousreply 39807/28/2014

R398, can I feel up your ass?

by Anonymousreply 39907/28/2014

WOW! Speedo; Muscle Slut shirt; ...I wonder if he bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 40007/28/2014

Says who?

by Anonymousreply 40207/28/2014

[quote]Sorry, but wearing speedos will never be accepted in America

Yes, you are sorry. Speedos are worn by thousands of swim teams in high schools, colleges, and YMCAs all across America. Pull your head out of the sand for once and look around.

by Anonymousreply 40307/28/2014

When you have the body...

by Anonymousreply 40407/28/2014

HOT!

by Anonymousreply 40507/28/2014

Really? I know competitive (or formerly so) swimmers and I've never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 40707/29/2014

Here's a woman that doesn't like men in speedos. However, I think it's more like someone is worried she may not be able to contain her own excitement, therefore fearful of seeing men in the things.

No! Keep those Speedos off American men!

By Jamesetta M. Walker The Virginian-Pilot © July 9, 2013 A response to Simon Doonan's Slate column, "Why Are Guys Afraid to Wear Speedos?"

____

OF ALL THE THINGS to organize a pro-movement about, the wearing of Speedos in the United States should be the last.

It's a Euro-Mediterranean thing, an underground fetish. That's where it needs to stay.

If I were to go to the Oceanfront and see waves of men in Speedos, I might not ever go to the beach again.

First, the Speedo throng is not likely to be full of calendar-worthy beefcakes. It overwhelmingly would include flabby, gorilla-hairy dudes. I'm not just saying that. Statistics on American obesity bear me out.

OK, stats might not back up the gorilla-hairy part, but I'm sure you can imagine how it would be based on what we've already seen.

Second, men, good manners dictate consciousness of your junk. Some stuff is meant only for your mama or your mate to know about.

That's not stopping guys of all shapes and sizes from taking to the Web and to the waters to strut their stuff in some supposed backlash against board shorts. There's a Tumblr page and a Facebook site dedicated to encouraging guys to wear Speedos. The mission on the Facebook page proclaims "the Speedo is coming back to stay!"

Not in the good ol' U.S. of A.

I polled 10 American men on whether they'd wear a Speedo. The age spread was mid-30s to early 60s. The majority appear to be exceptionally fit.

Didn't matter.

Their reactions ranged from a terse "No," to a shake of the head with that "you must be crazy" look, to a profanity-laced diatribe about indecency.

To his initial "No," one mature fella added this caveat: He'd wear one under the condition that a bet was involved and that he got paid handsomely.

I hope no one bets him. He has children who have to live in this country.

I asked one of the more cosmopolitan men why he wouldn't wear one, and I got a lengthy explanation about how "that's just not what men are supposed to do." A man's business should not be on display.

I concur. And neither should a woman's, for that matter.

I can't think of one good reason to publicly cavort wearing a Spandex patch.

If one is about to dive in and swim competitively, I guess he needs the advantage of a Speedo. Otherwise, what's the attraction of frolicking in male briefs two sizes too small?

Please don't tell me.

No, wait... narcissism, perhaps?

Go ahead, put yourself on display. Just don't go too far in Virginia Beach. A thong-style Speedo could land you in jail, according to city code section 22-10 - no exposed pubic area or buttocks.

I'm not getting my tankini in a twist about it. On a bright, summer day chill'axing, one should look like whatever kind of fool he desires.

In America, if we see you coming in a Speedo, we will clear the beach for you.

by Anonymousreply 40807/30/2014

The Doonan article:

Why Are Guys Afraid to Wear Speedos? American men need to get over their Freudian fear of showing off their junk.

by Anonymousreply 40907/30/2014

[quote]Here's a woman that doesn't like men in speedos.

WHO, WHO, you stupid twat!

by Anonymousreply 41007/30/2014

HOT!

Gianluca Vacchi

by Anonymousreply 41107/30/2014

Another.

by Anonymousreply 41207/30/2014

Another comparison.

by Anonymousreply 41307/30/2014

Sexy!

by Anonymousreply 41407/30/2014

OOPS! No clothes!

by Anonymousreply 41507/30/2014

He's hot

by Anonymousreply 41607/30/2014

Not hot

by Anonymousreply 41707/30/2014

To each his own R417. But, that's a hot ass there!

by Anonymousreply 41807/30/2014

If ya think, dude.

by Anonymousreply 41907/31/2014

I think he's tremendous

by Anonymousreply 42007/31/2014

~

by Anonymousreply 42108/01/2014

-Great .....a story on men's irrational fear of speedos and a slide show of women in string bikinis.

-It's a generational thing. My generation of males had no problem wearing tight jeans, shorts, or swim suits that left little to the imagination in the 1960s-80s. Today's "men" are little more than overgrown children to chicken to display what they've got yet love it when their generation's women wear skin-tight clothes. Hypocrites. The ladies are waiting for you to pull up you saggy, shapeless drawers, boys. Stop dressing like 5-year olds.

-I think the real fear is that visible junk may be construed as perverted behavior. Family values in this country are so whack that people want to clothe naked statues.

-Either you wouldn't look good in Speedos or you have an issue to deal with concerning your body--get to a gym.

-It is a strange dichotomy in this society. Mainstream films can show full female nudity and all manner of horrid violence, yet the male genitalia remains off limits. And certainly men are not encouraged to "celebrate their bodies" as a form of liberation as modern women are. A man's "junk," as this article sadly puts it, is more often seen as an image of shame and aggression than anything to be celebrated. Perhaps it is time for the Penis Monologues?

-Men's pubic region is not exactly an attractive area, so why is it a surprise that we don't want to wear a speedo. Nobody wants to see that. (too funny!)

-I love speedos, as a protest against the TSA I once dropped my pants and put said pants on the conveyor belt at LAX airport back in 2004 because they wanted me to "step aside". They wanted to arrest me for indecent exposure but couldn't because the little blue speedos I was wearing are considered swimwear and cover up what needs to be legally covered. I walked through the metal detector and asked them if they still wanted to frisk me and to quote the over paid, under educated TSA lady, "Boy, put yo pants back on!" Needless to say, but people were cheering and clapping for that. After my pants were back on they asked me why I was wearing it, I said I wanted to go swimming after I got to my destination.

-Men like being able to talk smack about women, it gives them prestige among their small-brained buddies. Listen to men at a beach watching women, talking about that one's a dog, etc. But men do not want women to see their stuff and be able to rate and denigrate them the way they do women.

-Some of us still believe in leaving something to the imagination. For those who feel they have to display their junk for all to see, I say don't worry about them they are already doing it. For those who some might feel are afraid to do this I say, you need to learn something about modesty and dignity. Most that don't show their junk to strangers IMHO are those that respect themselves and those they come into contact with.

-I'm not particularly a fan of speedos, but having lived in Europe and elsewhere for periods of time, I have to say I am amazed at the prudishness of so many American men...from the oversized (baggy and almost ankle-length "shorts") to the baggy-assed jeans, some guys are way too uptight about letting their attributes be admired. (However, that having been said, if I appeared to have "zero" upfront, as the guy in the accompanying photo apparently has, I would definitely be hesitant about wearing a speedo, for sure!)

-Our society is so uptight. Personally, I am female, and I wouldn't mind seeing more men in speedos or short square briefs. I'd rather see a dude who's got some color sporting a speedo than a pale, pasty guy with knee-high tan lines from wearing board shorts. I think it's such a double standard that women should feel compelled to wear skimpy bikinis yet some men feel that it's horrible to bare even a little bit of skin. By all means, wear whatever you think is comfortable according to what you're doing, but nobody should be afraid to wear less clothing because of what other people will think. If you don't like what someone is showing, don't look, it's really as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 42208/01/2014

EUREKA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42308/01/2014

Russell Brand

by Anonymousreply 42408/01/2014

Wyclef Jean!

by Anonymousreply 42508/01/2014

Hugh Jackman

by Anonymousreply 42608/01/2014

just don't do it, bro

by Anonymousreply 42708/01/2014

Ryan Lochte!

by Anonymousreply 42808/01/2014

I prefer him in these, though!

by Anonymousreply 42908/01/2014

-Agreed. As a woman who loves men, the more I see of them the better. Especially if they're hot. Come on guys, you like to see our bodies, show more of yours.

-I always break out the speedo when vacationing in Mexico, Carribean or on a cruise. I don't care what the women think. It's my wife I care about and she encourages me. I'm an exibitionist anyway. I think it is really the American women that drive American men to go with the long swim suits. I think they (American women) feel ashamed when they have to stare!

-Will Americans ever get over their sex hang-ups? Why do we have to now use the term "junk" for a portion of anatomy which all men have?

-It's not that I am afraid of showing off my junk. It's just there isn't very much to show. In fact, Peggy Lee recorded a hit about my junk in 1969 called, "Is That All There Is?" I have been embarrasses ever since!

-1) Homophobia is still rampant in the U.S. 2) Americans are extremely prude. 3) Most American men are overweight.

-Between board shorts and rash guards, men might as well burkas to the beach.

-Speedos are disgustingly revealing. Save it for the bedroom.

-Could be that the US women have a fixation on "male-bashing".....there's simply no holds barred when you get three or more women together and they start talking about what they consider "men's deficiencies". US women are perhaps the angriest women on the planet. And I say that after having traveled to 16 countries around the world. Get over it, girls.

-I don't think we are afraid of showing off. It's just that most American males have a gut that makes a speedo totally inappropriate.

-As someone who routinely ditches the swimsuit all together, I say wear what you want. Bare skin doesn't have to automatically be sexualized; just keep it clean. It's summer, have fun and don't worry about what people, who you will never meet, think about you.

by Anonymousreply 43008/01/2014

David Beckham!

by Anonymousreply 43108/01/2014

Hulk Hogan

by Anonymousreply 43208/01/2014

Seal & Heidi!

by Anonymousreply 43308/01/2014

Terrell Owens

by Anonymousreply 43408/01/2014

Ricky Martin!

by Anonymousreply 43508/01/2014

-Fear of showing their junk? What can you expect from a country full of wacky Puritans teaching little boys their penis is evil. Then you have the other side of the coin, Men who think it is wrong to wear a Speedo on the beach, but take cell phone photos of their nude junk at parties and then plaster them all over the internet.

-Does their exist anything more fragile and delicate than a heterosexual male's ego?

-I don't know if men are too scared to wear speedos, but I know that I am scared of looking at most of those who do. The majority of men that I've seen wearing them are just plain frightening, and I live down the shore so I've seen plenty of them. Stick with more traditional men's trunks or board shorts. No one wants to look at a hairy, middle-aged man with a beer gut and moobs in a speedo, and guys who look like that far outnumber the fit and toned guys wearing them. I wouldn't inflict my body in a bikini on a bunch of innocent bathers, so these guys should have the same consideration.

-Men have become neurotic prudes while large and proud women have no problem squeezing their girth into a tiny two piece.

-WE American women look at you men in Speedos with disgust. And no, it's not some Puritan sensibility. You are under a very false impression that We want to see your junk. (must be a lesbian)

-I'm the most self-conscious personally conservative person I know and even I think the current style in swim trunks in absurd. Why not make 'em 3 inches longer and call 'em trousers.

-It's not fear, it's decency. News flash, we don't want to see your 'junk' outside the bedroom. It's disgusting. Just another form of flashing. Focus on something else, like developing a personality and manners. (Fundamentalist)

-it's not just speedos... there are guys at my gym who wear shorts in the shower... and go fully clothed in the sauna and when they are changing they do the "wrapped towel around waist while putting on underwear" thing like they are outside in a parking lot... and we are talking about a locker room filled with guys with the same junk... i just laugh every time

-If you've got nothing to hide, show it. If you've got nothing to show, hide it.

-yes, American men are afraid of their junk. They - we - are afraid of being sized up, or rather, sized down, with their endowment being OUT THERE. Speedo's are the ultimate in putting your business on display, and American men are size-obsessed enough to not want that sort of attention. It also gives the impression that you are gay if you notice, or even look at, another man's package. It boils down to the fact that American men are self-conscious and afraid.

-I rock speedos all the time. I'm American. I have a girlfriend. She loves em and if there's a funny saying or print on em so does everyone else at the party. There's no sense in wearing so much clothing if you're at a hot beach with a bunch of other scantily clad women around. It helps you appreciate the saga they have to go through anyway to find their swimwear every summer. People are just using the "euro or gays" only nonsense so that they can ostracize something different. Ya'll can rock ur wet capris and I'll continue not to have stupid tan lines.

-Can't speak for other women. Maybe it's just me. But I think speedos are very unflattering to the rest of the male body in total. In spite of the fact that they may be more revealing of genital's, which isn't necessarily a turn on, they just don't look good to me. Neither do boardshorts that come to the knees or flap like skirts. I don't know what you call them, but there's something between wearing a skin-clinging membrane around your privates and looking like a girl in a skirt. If it shows a man's backside to good advantage and shows off broad shoulders, narrow waist, nice hips, without clinging like girly stuff, I'm all for that. He's my guy.

WHEW!!! Now discuss...

by Anonymousreply 43608/01/2014

Matt Bomer

by Anonymousreply 43708/01/2014

They are Always hot

by Anonymousreply 43808/01/2014

Yes, daddy!

by Anonymousreply 43908/01/2014

Whatever you want daddy!

by Anonymousreply 44008/01/2014

One of the best things about being a gay man is that I don't have to give two flying fucks about a single thing any woman on earth thinks.

by Anonymousreply 44108/01/2014

Oh, this guy is sooo feminine...

by Anonymousreply 44208/04/2014

...and that's great R441, but what we have here are other gay men criticizing other gay men if they want to wear a speedo. There are enough examples that have been posted here to dispute that idea. REAL MEN CAN WEAR SPEEDOS! Those who are against them are usually out of shape slobs, or puritans.

I brought this thread to the attention of 3 women. Their thoughts? Well, all 3 said that you have to have a body on point to wear them (I disagree), but they hated the long board shorts. What they thought was sexy are the short square cut.

by Anonymousreply 44308/04/2014

R438, HOT!!! Not all thin boys look good in speedos, but he's not one of them!

by Anonymousreply 44408/04/2014

You can be big and hairy and still look hot in them too

by Anonymousreply 44508/04/2014

Ya sure can, R445!

by Anonymousreply 44608/04/2014

HOT!

by Anonymousreply 44708/04/2014

Pierce Brosnan!

by Anonymousreply 44808/04/2014

Lance Franklin!

by Anonymousreply 44908/04/2014

Keith Urban!

by Anonymousreply 45008/04/2014

John Allen Nelson!

by Anonymousreply 45108/04/2014

I want to be thin so much.

So I can have no stomach and wear a Speedo just once more.

by Anonymousreply 45208/04/2014

So, what's stopping you R452? Just do it!

by Anonymousreply 45308/04/2014

Don't be afraid R452! Just do it!!!

by Anonymousreply 45408/04/2014

DIEGO SIMEONE

by Anonymousreply 45508/04/2014

PRUDES!!!

‘Screw What Everybody Else Thinks’: Speedo-Wearing Gym-Goer Told to Change Attire or Face Cops — Cries Sexism, Discrimination

Brad Cieslowski doesn’t mince words when describing his physique.

“I think I look good, yeah,” he told WJBK-TV in Southfield, Mich.

The 29-year-old doesn’t have a problem showing off his body in public, either — which seems to have led to a cringe-worthy kerfuffle with his fitness club.

Cieslowski had just completed a three-hour workout last Saturday at Lifetime Fitness in Novi, Mich., which is about a half hour northwest of Detroit, then decided to relax in the club’s hot tub.

But it wasn’t long before a lifeguard approached Cieslowski and told him he needed to “change into something more appropriate; that is not appropriate,” he recalled.

That, Cieslowski said, referred to his “square-cut speedo” suit, he explained to WJBK, as well as “the bulge. That’s usually people’s problem with the speedo, is the bulge.”

Cieslowski said he’s worn the speedo at the gym previously without incident, but this time some fellow gym-goers apparently complained to staffers, who then told Cieslowski to cease and desist.

“He says, ‘We can all see it.’ And I said, ‘Well then stop staring. No one’s making you look at it,’” Cieslowski told WJBK.

But when the staffer threatened to call police, Cieslowski reluctantly complied, adding that it turned into a scene in which he was “embarrassed” and “publicly humiliated” and “discriminated against.”

His short-form stance? “Screw what everybody else thinks,” he told WJBK.

“I can say the same thing about all the women around this pool in their bikinis and their one-pieces, showing off every nook and cranny of their body leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination but their skin color,” he told WJBK.

“I’m not allowed to be myself and wear what I want to wear and it’s ridiculous, and it’s incredibly sexist.”

Lifetime Fitness released this statement in response to the situation: “We acknowledge there are various types of swim attire…however we have a two-layer house code. In this instance, multiple members registered concerns rooted in discomfort and as a result the decision was reached to ask the member to leave the pool area.”

Cieslowski said he wasn’t aware of the two-layer rule before the incident, adding that he’ll comply. He noted, too, that he spoke to the gym’s general manager, who Cieslowski said apologized for how the situation was handled.

What do you think? Sexist move by the gym…or appropriate action?

by Anonymousreply 45708/07/2014

Society doesn't have to tolerate your weird, selfish exhibitionism. Find a gym that is okay with speedo wearing and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 45808/07/2014

[quote]Society doesn't have to tolerate your weird, selfish exhibitionism.

and, yet society must tolerate the following?

[quote]It has been my experience that those who can pull off wearing items like this never do. The ones that should never wear items like this always do.

He does have a point. It isn’t always the hot chicks in the revealing active wear. At my gym, I routinely see hugely fat women, like 250 pounders, that stuff their utter sized boobs in sport bras and tanks where their nipples look like the knobs on a range top. They also wear lycra tights showing every divot of celluite on their huge misshapen thighs. Then they get off the treadmill and they have a cameltoe in which one could hide a laptop.

by Anonymousreply 45908/07/2014

It was probably a complaint by a jealous old fart who is totally out of shape. I doubt the gym lifeguard warns women about their obvious cameltoe.

by Anonymousreply 46008/07/2014

They look really uncomfortable. I like having some room for my junk to move around.

by Anonymousreply 46108/07/2014

[quote]like having some room for my junk to move around.

Longer swim shorts have a lining to keep your "junk" from moving around. A Speedo is does the same.

The guy at the gym, wasn't wearing a speedo brief, he was wearing a square cut.

by Anonymousreply 46208/07/2014

[quote]Longer swim shorts have a lining to keep your "junk" from moving around.

Not the ones I wear.

by Anonymousreply 46308/07/2014

MORE SPEEDOS!!!

Jose Conseco dancing in speedos!

by Anonymousreply 46408/07/2014

The Royal Jewels!

by Anonymousreply 46508/07/2014

Jerry!

by Anonymousreply 46608/07/2014

Tom!

by Anonymousreply 46708/07/2014

R463, there is a medical reason for the lining in a man's swimsuit. Of course if you're a eunuch it wouldn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 46808/07/2014

Tom!

by Anonymousreply 46908/07/2014

Tom!

by Anonymousreply 47008/07/2014

Another Tom!

by Anonymousreply 47108/07/2014

[quote]there is a medical reason for the lining in a man's swimsuit.

Sure there is.

by Anonymousreply 47208/07/2014

PAY DIRT!!!

(thread closed)

by Anonymousreply 47308/07/2014

hot

by Anonymousreply 47408/07/2014

nice duo

by Anonymousreply 47508/07/2014

R464 Go Daddy indeed!!

by Anonymousreply 47608/07/2014

Too much?

by Anonymousreply 47708/08/2014

If you need some help...

by Anonymousreply 47808/08/2014

Hotness in b&w.

by Anonymousreply 47908/08/2014

They work for me

by Anonymousreply 48008/08/2014

hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 48108/08/2014

Shemar Moore!

by Anonymousreply 48208/08/2014

Would you turn him down?

by Anonymousreply 48308/08/2014

hot daddy redone

by Anonymousreply 48408/08/2014

swim with him

by Anonymousreply 48508/08/2014

Speedo trio

by Anonymousreply 48608/08/2014

Why is the USA so Speedo-phobic? This is the feeling I get from a lot of people. I think there are a number of factors at work here. First, prominent displays of sexuality are judged differently from males to females. Ladies are encouraged to wear skimpy bikini swimwear, even when they shouldn’t. I have seen some girls wear bikinis, because they have a big chest. Yet, they have cottage cheese thighs too.

When you look at the list of actresses that have done nude scenes, the list is very long. The same can’t be said for actors willing to do nude scenes or full frontal nudity. Why is this? It seems that taking their tops off allows actresses to be taken seriously. Another reason for the Speedo phobia, is the fact that a lot of men let themselves go. If you knew that you had to wear Speedos at the beach or pool, maybe you would try harder to stay in shape. And you don’t have to have washboard abs to pull one off either. You can have some gut, and still look good too. Guys are insecure about the size of their manhood, is another reason I hear for men not wanting to wear Speedos. You don’t have to be well hung to wear them. I have seen many guys who have average or small penises still look very nice in them. Woman don’t want to see a guy’s junk, is one of the most ridiculous reasons I have heard for not wanting a man to wear Speedos. Women I know love guys, and their penises. The women who are “scarred” by seeing an outline of a man’s cock and balls in Speedos are those ladies that are probably afraid of sex, and only do it for their men in the dark. And of course, the old standard: I am not gay, why would I wear one? I guess gay guys are more in touch with their bodies than straight men. You should wear one cause your girl likes how your body looks in one. And you get to show the world that all the time you have spent in the gym has paid off.

by Anonymousreply 48708/08/2014

I'd like two of these, please.

by Anonymousreply 48808/08/2014

YASSSS!!! (thread closed)

by Anonymousreply 48908/08/2014

Kicked out of stadium for wearing a Speedo. The fat fraus in the background were offended by his skin show.

by Anonymousreply 49008/08/2014

I forgot how great Russell looked in them. I now remember how hard I became!!!

by Anonymousreply 49108/08/2014

Sylvester Stallone

by Anonymousreply 49208/08/2014

Yum!

by Anonymousreply 49308/08/2014

beach guy

by Anonymousreply 49408/08/2014

Oh nooo.... What were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 49508/08/2014

Check this bulge

by Anonymousreply 49608/08/2014

Demonstrating the Speedo Strut.

by Anonymousreply 49708/08/2014

'70s

by Anonymousreply 49808/08/2014

purple package

by Anonymousreply 49908/08/2014

Let's get a front view R490!

by Anonymousreply 50008/08/2014

The speedo '70s.

Many speedos.

by Anonymousreply 50108/08/2014

Get your hand out of my speedos!

by Anonymousreply 50208/08/2014

From the back R490!

by Anonymousreply 50308/08/2014

Discarded speedos...

by Anonymousreply 50408/08/2014

Don't laugh at my speedos!

by Anonymousreply 50508/08/2014

St. Tropez speedos, 1978

by Anonymousreply 50608/08/2014

very brief speedo

by Anonymousreply 50708/08/2014

BONER for R507! Not laughing R505! Heavy breathing... yes...

by Anonymousreply 50808/08/2014

Tight fit.

by Anonymousreply 50908/08/2014

Eyes forward.

by Anonymousreply 51008/08/2014

These examples are getting me horny!!

by Anonymousreply 51108/08/2014

~

by Anonymousreply 51208/09/2014

checking out the speedo guy

by Anonymousreply 51308/09/2014

Who's the guy at R502?

by Anonymousreply 51408/09/2014

7. See. 14

by Anonymousreply 51508/09/2014

hairy hunk

by Anonymousreply 51608/09/2014

R514...he's Ed Barnard.

by Anonymousreply 51708/09/2014

Colorful Speedo

by Anonymousreply 51808/09/2014

More dudes with phat asses please

by Anonymousreply 51908/09/2014

Speedos, speedos, speedos.

1977...when speedos were speedos and everyone wore speedos.

by Anonymousreply 52008/10/2014

Nice!

by Anonymousreply 52108/10/2014

Women are threatened by make sexuality. If a man looks sexy, she looks bad in comparison. It's an exhausting game that straight men have to play with women, they're always validating or placating them.

by Anonymousreply 52208/10/2014

cute speedo guy

by Anonymousreply 52308/10/2014

Cute trunks...

by Anonymousreply 52408/10/2014

Gregory Harrison

by Anonymousreply 52508/10/2014

Real men wear pink!

by Anonymousreply 52608/10/2014

He's a cutie

by Anonymousreply 52708/10/2014

Sam Champion and gold digger...err... husband.

by Anonymousreply 52808/10/2014

I'm feminine?

by Anonymousreply 52908/10/2014

Atlanta's annual speedo run! CUTIES!!!

by Anonymousreply 53008/10/2014

Boston's annual speedo run!

by Anonymousreply 53108/10/2014

G. Gordon Liddy...

(eyes widen)

discuss...

by Anonymousreply 53208/10/2014

Yowzah!!!

by Anonymousreply 53308/10/2014

Bobby Ewing?

by Anonymousreply 53408/10/2014

speedo trio

by Anonymousreply 53508/11/2014

Winsor Harmon

by Anonymousreply 53608/11/2014

Aaron Ridge!

by Anonymousreply 53708/12/2014

It's a great look

by Anonymousreply 53808/12/2014

Maxwell Caufield

by Anonymousreply 53908/12/2014

@R539, Now... what's his story? Anyone know? Talk about someone who has always pinged to me!

by Anonymousreply 54008/12/2014

Oh! That's cute...

by Anonymousreply 54108/12/2014

Nasty! Pig Nasty!!

by Anonymousreply 54208/12/2014

Colin Farrell

by Anonymousreply 54308/12/2014

...and how about these twins?

by Anonymousreply 54408/13/2014

My first cruise...

by Anonymousreply 54508/13/2014

Gay, or straight?

by Anonymousreply 54608/13/2014

Dunno, but his mannerisms and presentation are very feminine.

by Anonymousreply 54708/16/2014

just chillin

by Anonymousreply 54808/17/2014

yum

by Anonymousreply 54908/17/2014

very good use of a speedo

by Anonymousreply 55008/17/2014

Isn't this Coach Bob AKA _______?

by Anonymousreply 55108/17/2014

Pavel Novotny

by Anonymousreply 55208/17/2014

The fabulous, Mr. Rick Rude! RIP...

by Anonymousreply 55308/17/2014

Real men wear pink, encore!!!

by Anonymousreply 55408/17/2014

Well? Do you want this?

by Anonymousreply 55508/17/2014

YESSS!!! Let it hang, honey!

by Anonymousreply 55608/17/2014

by Anonymousreply 55708/17/2014

ocean fun

by Anonymousreply 55808/17/2014

Hello, daddy!

by Anonymousreply 55908/17/2014

Your place or mine?

by Anonymousreply 56008/17/2014

@R560! NEITHER!!! ...unless your daddy is covering my tab too!

by Anonymousreply 56108/17/2014

I want to lay with r545 and r548, at the SAME DAMN TIME

by Anonymousreply 56208/17/2014

Cool cat.

by Anonymousreply 56308/17/2014

Going my way?

by Anonymousreply 56408/17/2014

Mello yellow

by Anonymousreply 56508/17/2014

Speedo duo

by Anonymousreply 56608/18/2014

David Duchovny

by Anonymousreply 56708/18/2014

purple passion

by Anonymousreply 56808/18/2014

D.O.

by Anonymousreply 56908/18/2014

hunk!

by Anonymousreply 57008/18/2014

lifeguard does his stud stroll around the pool

by Anonymousreply 57108/18/2014

nice package

by Anonymousreply 57208/18/2014

HOT!

by Anonymousreply 57308/19/2014

Cute little ass! Would love to bend him over my knee...

"pat!" "pat!" "pat!"

by Anonymousreply 57408/20/2014

Hotties.

by Anonymousreply 57508/20/2014

Yummy...

by Anonymousreply 57608/20/2014

...and here I thought I had seen it all.

by Anonymousreply 57708/20/2014

Phil Sullivan...

by Anonymousreply 57808/20/2014

People are saying they hate guys in Speedos, but have no problem watching pro wrestling where they are the uniform of choice.

by Anonymousreply 57908/20/2014

Good point R579! And, in pro wrestling, they're rubbing their "no-no's" against each other.

by Anonymousreply 58008/20/2014

Just because, honey...

This is related to R342

by Anonymousreply 58108/21/2014

R580, which is incredibly hot

by Anonymousreply 58208/21/2014

Yum!

by Anonymousreply 58308/21/2014

We hate Speedos! They look so, you know...gay. Lol. We like long bathing bathing suits on a guy, only women (like me, hint hint) should attract that much attention!

by Anonymousreply 58408/21/2014

Gio Dell

by Anonymousreply 58508/21/2014

Gio Dell live!

by Anonymousreply 58608/21/2014

I saw a man wearing a speedo at my local pool

Is that like spotting Bigfoot?

by Anonymousreply 58708/24/2014

Gabe Kapler said he wears a Prince Albert.

by Anonymousreply 58808/24/2014

tmi, dude

by Anonymousreply 58908/25/2014

[quote]I saw a man wearing a speedo at my local pool. Is that like spotting Bigfoot?

Did he have big hands too? OH, my!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59008/25/2014

It will soon be time for another Speedo thread.

Beaches in Italy this summer are filled with men of all sizes and shapes who wear Speedos. Unlike men in the U.S. who wear silly board shorts/culottes, they haven't been filled with body shame. They just go to the beach to soak up some sun and have fun.

by Anonymousreply 59108/25/2014

[quote]It will soon be time for another Speedo thread.

Oh, yes!!! ANOTHER THREAD, PLEASE!!!

by Anonymousreply 59208/25/2014

Hi...

by Anonymousreply 59308/25/2014

Hieght:5' 9"

Weight: 140

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Light Brown

Waist: 29-30

Inseam: 30

Shirt: small-med

Shoe 9 1/2

by Anonymousreply 59408/26/2014

Perfect!

by Anonymousreply 59508/26/2014

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;

by Anonymousreply 59608/26/2014

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

by Anonymousreply 59708/26/2014

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:

by Anonymousreply 59808/26/2014

^ Thank looks like Gary Marshall

by Anonymousreply 59908/26/2014

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there: Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

by Anonymousreply 60008/26/2014

Oops. *That* looks like Gary Marshall. And I mean R596's pic.

by Anonymousreply 60108/26/2014
Need more help? Click Here.