Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I am fucking SICK to death of getting a raw, nasty attitude from the bitches who ring me up or wait on me...

I live in New York and yes, there are a large number of black women who work as cashiers, MTA workers and various other service level jobs.

And while I certainly encounter white women, black and white men in these roles, I get a nasty attitude from the person on the other side of the counter 98% of the time when that person is a black lady.

I'm a friendly person, I'm nice, I ALWAYS try to remember to say "please" and "thank you", so WHAT is your fucking damage against me? What have I done to deserve the eye rolling or the mumbling or the raised, annoyed voice when I have to ask you to repeat what you've said because I couldn't understand you? Is it a about me being a white person? Are you ALWAYS this angry? I don't notice you ignoring other customers the way you ignore me, especially when those customers are your girlfriends leaning over the counter shooting the shit with you.

And it isn't just me. Last week some nasty Duane Reade woman literally YELLED at an old lady who kept asking her some question I couldn't understand. Of course, the old woman was white, the cashier was black. I'm serious, I don't understand it.

I KNOW it's taboo to bring these issues up because we' only supposed to bitch about mean white people but COME ON! I'm not posting this thread in ANY attempt to be racist, I'm posting it to reflect a truth I'm noticing. WHY are these people so FUCKING nasty with me?!?

by Anonymousreply 47207/06/2014

Because they see your skinny ass sashay up to the counter working that indoor scarf look, and they know they're going to get gayitude.

by Anonymousreply 112/20/2010

This will end in tears...

by Anonymousreply 412/20/2010

Yeah, whatever. At least I look good!

by Anonymousreply 512/20/2010

Sounds like OP needs a visit from Todd.

by Anonymousreply 612/20/2010

I was just ABOUT to post the same THING as R8.

Some of you are a laughable mix of self-unaware yet transparent to the world.

by Anonymousreply 912/20/2010

This thread will implode in 5,4,3,2...

by Anonymousreply 1012/20/2010

Why am I suddenly so hungry for pasta? It's uncanny!

by Anonymousreply 1212/20/2010

Warms my heart to know that there's a generation of kids growing up with the uncle who ruins Thanksgiving by monologuing on the black guy who gave him attitude at the gas station on the way over being the same person as the gay uncle. We have overcome

by Anonymousreply 1312/20/2010

Thing is, there are overworked, disgruntled, unfriendly customer service people everywhere. It's like that trick that Robert Anton Wilson points out in his book. If you decide you're going to find quarters or loose change every day, no matter what, sooner or later, hey, there's a dime on the sidewalk, or look, there's a quarter inbetween the seat cushions. It's a matter of what you learn to expect that heightens your awareness of something that already exists but you would have otherwise been oblivious to.

In otherwords, OP, you're a racist cunt. You can change this by expecting black Duane Reade cashiers to be overwhelmingly polite and kind to you. If that is your expectation, that's what will happen. Or at least, that's what you'll remember. You'll only notice the nice people and the assholes will disappear, simply melt into the linoleum of your memory. Which doesn't change a thing but is a much nicer way to perceive life.

by Anonymousreply 1612/20/2010

OP, our resident kiosk queens are not black females and they are just as bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 1812/20/2010

Following customer step down!

by Anonymousreply 2512/20/2010

This thread should have ended with r2.

by Anonymousreply 2712/20/2010

OP, please go back to whatever flyover hell hole you came from. You're obviously not built for NYC. Buh bye now.

by Anonymousreply 2912/20/2010

I gotta complicated order here!

by Anonymousreply 3012/20/2010

I recently visited New York and the only people I got attitude from were young white female hipsters working in a trendy restaurant. The guys weren't much better, but you could totally sense that they felt validated by their job waiting tables at a popular establishment.

Meanwhile, I've been to some high end retail stores in NYC and the sales staff are generally awesome, regardless of who you are or what you look like. I'll never forget the time a friend and I walked into Gucci wearing our ratty jeans and college hoodies....when we left, we laughed that the sales staff treated us like we could afford the $10,000 alligator coat that made my friend practically faint when he saw the price tag.

by Anonymousreply 3112/20/2010

They do not suffer fools gladly. Would you?

by Anonymousreply 3212/20/2010

If the thread title had been "Let's trash service workers" instead of "Let's trash black service workers," it would have been a fun thread.

by Anonymousreply 3312/20/2010

"They do not suffer fools gladly. Would you?"

For what they get paid, they should, since they are.

by Anonymousreply 3612/20/2010

NY is pretty good. I have been in cities where black service people are much angrier and slower to take care of customers.

Our story in America with black people is a complex and sad one and it has not been worked through yet.

If I were a black person in America I would have my good days -- and I would sure as hell have my bad ones.

by Anonymousreply 3712/20/2010

I deal with black women employees at the post office a lot. I notice a little patience goes a long way. Sometimes I even apologize when something is more their fault. Over time I usually get good service.

by Anonymousreply 3812/21/2010

R37 makes the same mistake as OP - separating the group of black cashiers from all cashiers and most of all separating the group of black cashiers from themselves (R37 and OP). I lived in manhattan for decades and always shopped in drug stores according to where i was at the time - rite aids, duane reades, little local mom-and-pop drugstores - CVS is a newer line for me - and i never experienced eye rolling. i am a blue-eyed blonde and yet almost always have pleasant encounters with salespeople in NYC. i once had that very job myself and I can assure you the customers who are assholes vastly outnumber the cashiers and sales people who are assholes. it's not even comparable. OP - I am rolling my blue eyes in your direction right now!

by Anonymousreply 3912/21/2010

Don't get me started on hostile black women.

by Anonymousreply 4012/21/2010

R41 is why I'm so happy I'm male. Besides being vicious towards one another, women of every race rank low on the social hierarchy.%0D %0D I get great service consistently. Of course, I'm white, male, young, tall, and handsome - and since I can pass for straight, I get heterosexual privilege when I want it as well.%0D %0D People consistently assume the best about me before I've earned a thing via behavior, skill, or competence, or manners. They just seem to recognize that I have all of the good status markers. I don't think it's even conscious with most people, the traits I have just happen to be the ones American society values.%0D

by Anonymousreply 4212/21/2010

I know what the OP is talking about... it is an indifference to the extreme. as if they are trying to prove you are beneath them, you don't matter.%0D %0D There.. I admitted to seeing it. I don't understand and keep on being friendly no matter what.%0D %0D Bitchy white servers act very different.. not better not worse. It is just different.%0D %0D I would love for someone to explain it.%0D %0D Black men.. always friendly, always sweet.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4312/21/2010

No one in this country regardless of sex, race, status, or creed, has to put up with the attitude. It's not a sex issue, but a human to human communication issue. No human is obligated to put up with the attitude.

by Anonymousreply 4412/21/2010

OP, if it's really as consistent as you claim, it must be you. You probably approach each situation afraid of getting attitude, and reads all over your gay face.%0D %0D Not to say you deserve attitude, but you can't call this a black thing per se.%0D %0D I know where you're going with this, but I'm just not going with you.

by Anonymousreply 4612/21/2010

No law need be passed, love. Nor do I have to sit and suck it up. I just exercise my right to walk out the door and go elsewhere. Sorry you're still stuck in it.

by Anonymousreply 4712/21/2010

R45 Why are you angry?

by Anonymousreply 4812/21/2010

Uh, you probably get attitude from lots of cashiers; you just happen to notice it from black women because you're more, let's say, alert to it?

Today I dealt with cashiers/sales girls at three stores: Nordstrom's; Blackstone (the place that sells tons of gadgets, I forget the exact name), Macy's; Designer Shoe Warehouse; Bed, Bath and Beyond; and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. They were, respectively, White, Asian, Latina, Black, White, and Black.

They were each, to the one, unfailingly polite and cheerful.

I wasn't looking for cheeriness and I wasn't expecting it, but I was pleased to receive it and I was similarly pleasant to them. You get what you give, OP and others.

That, or I would move to a less high strung part of the country.

by Anonymousreply 4912/21/2010

I say OP is full of shit. Some of the friendliest service I've received in restaurants and at cash registers has been from black women. Your own racist vibe accounts for the shit treatment you receive.

by Anonymousreply 5712/21/2010

I find that smiling (with the eyes, too) and speaking in a pleasant tone of voice soothes the savage tendencies of the checkout ladies, be they black, white, oriental, mongol, or mulatto. Also, having my checkbook or credit card out and ready to pay at the time the price is calculated and totaled with tax also seems to assuage their violent urges. A simple nicety in the English tongue - (the only Lingua Franca they know, after all!) - does wonders to establish a civil, if uneasy, rapport.

by Anonymousreply 5812/21/2010

It's not just the black cashiers. Some of the Hispanic cashiers are just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 5912/21/2010

It's definitely a NYC thing. In LA, it's completely different.

That said, I find black women occasionally have a chip on their shoulder about being perceived as "automatic caregivers".

Historically, black women were slaves, raped, abandoned and/or nannies. Generations have passed down a "back off" attitude which I believe stems from that. I'm not saying all black women act this way - far from it. But there are some reasons to explain a trend.

OP, stop making it all about you. Be nice and don't expect anything back. You'll live life happier that way.

by Anonymousreply 6012/21/2010

[quote]There's no common curtesy even amongst themselves. Please and thank are unknown words.%0D %0D Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 6212/21/2010

OK. When I as a white (I'm actually biracial but look white) gay mature male get the rude, dismissive treatment from a young female and for whatever reason I decide I don't want to let it go, I call her on it. What I do depends on the circumstances, and once I make the decision to push it, I don't let go until I have what I decide is satisfaction - a smile, an acknowledgement I'm human, an apology, a thank you, a supervisor apology, or whatever else feels appropriate.

All I want is standard politeness and routine customer service, and once a personal, objectifying attack is involved, I'm not going to overlook it. And that's what it is. I can tell the difference between dumb slovenliness and pointed mistreatment - especially when it's from someone coming from a culture where exquisitely calibrated behaviors of respect and disrespect are played out with careful subterfuge as a sign of power. Uh-UH, sister.

And if I realize I'm acting in a dismissive or impolite way, I'll apologize, too.

It is very odd, though, that I very rarely run into this with male workers. Men seem to manage a more bland manner - they may loathe me on sight, but males recognize the traditional risks of challenging another male, and we have all those ways of defusing things so inadvertent blow-ups can be avoided. But the women either don't care or don't have it or welcome the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 6312/21/2010

I don't usually take it personally when somebody is sullen toward me in a retail/service situation (cashier, deli clerk).... I figure, who knows what misery they are contending with in their lives. Like R63, I can tell when this is somebody's default state vs when they have an issue with me personally.

One time I did get a real nasty treatment from a cashier. I had the clear impression it was because I am gay. She had hostility in her eyes and would not speak to me except to state the amount owed. I had my hand extended to receive the change, but she instead placed it down on the counter, slid it toward me and turned her head away. I took the dollar and quarter, slid the three pennies back at her (pressing down on them to make her hear/know what I was doing), paused for a full second and said slowly, "You too, sunshine." Then left.

But I noticed in the minutes afterward, it felt equally shameful as satisfying to descend to her level.

She was white/middle eastern, by the way. Not black.

by Anonymousreply 6412/21/2010

OMG! I own several retail stores and I can't believe some of the comments here blaming customers for the rude treatment they receive from beligerant clerks. It isn't the responsibility of the customer to act a certain way to solicite a friendly attitude.%0D %0D Any successful business owner knows that the customer is king and people DO vote with their feet. I ruthlessly require all my staff to be unfailingly polite and friendly or they WILL NOT HAVE A JOB. Period. I've fired more than a few people (yes, some black women) for not following our customer service protocols. There simply is no excuse for rudeness and I don't tolerate it---evah!%0D %0D Rude black women don't get a pass. Trying to be PC and make excuses for them (blaming slavery? Really?) does them no favors. If they don't get rid of the 'tude, they WILL be unemployed. BTW--I never pay unemployment because another thing I'm ruthless about is documentation. They are always shocked that they can't collect because their cases are dismissed when I can clearly demonstrate willful misconduct.

by Anonymousreply 6512/21/2010

R42 wins!

by Anonymousreply 6612/21/2010

No, actually, r42 is a supreme douche bag.

Meanwhile, r65 sounds like a real peach.

by Anonymousreply 6712/21/2010

[quote]Warms my heart to know that there's a generation of kids growing up with the uncle who ruins Thanksgiving by monologuing on the black guy who gave him attitude at the gas station on the way over being the same person as the gay uncle. We have overcome

Overcome what? The limits of normal sentence construction?

by Anonymousreply 6812/21/2010

You're probably insufferable, OP.

If you elicit this behavior in cashiers, just imagine what restaurant workers are doing to your food.

by Anonymousreply 6912/21/2010

r63 sounds like a big gay mature male piece of work!

by Anonymousreply 7012/21/2010

R67, I think R42 was satire with a hint of sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 7112/21/2010

No, R15 "most" black workers aren't any of the things you say. Some, not "most."

Although it's clear you're mostly an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7212/21/2010

i think its as much socio-economic as it is a black culture thing. lower income blacks and whites are not taught manners these days (unless they're crazy christians and that's a whole separate issue). i think its that simple. with lower income black women, there is an understandable (though not to the extent that such behavior is excused) sense that they are at the lowest rung on the social ladder. hence the chip. and hence the attitude.

but i bet they largely don't perceive themselves as being rude.

all that being said, i've never been afraid to call someone out when they're being a bitch...black, white, or fag.

by Anonymousreply 7312/21/2010

Has nothing to do with "black culture." The sweetest service people I have ever met were black females. Mostly older. I think the attitude referred to before has a lot to do with age, but it's not like the world has never seen a snotty white young salesclerk.

The rest of it has to do with your own attitude. Walk up to a salesclerk with a sneer and you get what you get.

by Anonymousreply 7412/21/2010

"the only people I got attitude from were young white female hipsters working in a trendy restaurant."%0D %0D Worst attitude I've gotten was from some white hipster chick on what was apparently her last day at a local restuarant. Since she was off to grad school (or wherever) she felt all this food service stuff was beneath her. %0D %0D Yeah, call me when you get your degree. In the meantime, you can't get a getter job than this, stupid. After she fucked up my order then ignored me, I read her the riot act and she snapped, "What do you want from me?" To which I replied, "How about an apology instead of that nasty attitude?"%0D %0D It seemed Miss Tall and Blonde felt all men should be greatful in her presence--even an obvious queen like me. Geez, I don't want to fuck you, bitch, so spare me your bullshit. %0D %0D Meanwhile the only problem I've had with "black women" were with teenage girls who obviously were on their first job and couldn't believe they actually had to work. But then, I've gotten that shit from all kinds of teenagers. I don't even complain, given they'll learn soon enough what work is. Sooner in this economy if they expect to stay employed.

by Anonymousreply 7512/21/2010

Here in Philly, SEPTA cashiers and bus drivers are the rudest. They are uniformly rude to everyone but especially to white suburbanites. It pisses me off because of it wasn't for suburbanites' taxes that go to subsidize SEPTA, they wouldn't have fucking jobs.

by Anonymousreply 7612/21/2010

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 7712/21/2010

I refuse to read this thread as I know it has turned into a goddamned race wank by now, but I will post.

There.

by Anonymousreply 7912/21/2010

"Turned into"? What do you think it was from the get-go?

by Anonymousreply 8012/21/2010

have lived in NYC for 2 decades and don't observe black women are any less inspired Duane Reade employees than any other race male or female.

At least half of the retail people [at the minimum wage places like Duane Reade] need some help withthe customer service component of their jobs.

I think the op is likely the type that builds rants in his head and likes to cork off. You can always find someone who is secretly dying to bitch about one race or another or one class or another and how they have to shape up. There is always willing ear for this shit.

As others have pointed out, the antipathy for black women came first and then then OP went out on the big isle of Manhattan searching for his confirmation bias, amplifying the rude black women [of course they are out there] and minimizing all the other rude people to the background.

Suddenly the op thinks he has discovered the wheel and has to talk about how it is true and real based on his experience black women are rude to him.

I am not saying black women aren't rude to the op just that many people are probably rude to the op and he is selective about the meaning he gives it.

Also op, when you walk around a city like NY in a rage it really acts as a magnet.

Beat a pillow, pet your cat and then go to duane reade.. might be better

by Anonymousreply 8112/21/2010

R65 = OP. %0D %0D The CAPITAL LETTERED WORDS give you away, OP. You ain't no business owner.

by Anonymousreply 8212/21/2010

[quote] beligerant clerks%0D %0D Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 8312/21/2010

In the minds of some, giving service means one is servile. In the UK, I witnessed this as bored indifference, doing everything possible to avoid helping a customer. I have frequently seen n the USA this same attitude pushed towards an almost autistic style of interaction with customers, ready to escalate into resentment. Dealing with the general public can be exasperating, and clearly some resent these kinds of jobs.

Low skill, low wage positions like cashiers are being replaced with self-checkout machines. If people are going to act like robots, they might as well be replaced by them.

by Anonymousreply 8512/21/2010

Certainly in your case, R84. Certainly.

Ass.

by Anonymousreply 8612/21/2010

Lot of racists on this thread. And many are identifying themselves as straight white women.

So either there are some cunty straight (white) women on here (just as some of us have said), or there are gay DLers trying to vilify straight women on DL.

Either way, lot of racists. Saying you're politically incorrect just says you're a rethuglican shitheel who wants to spout racist shit and get away with it. That's where 'politically incorrect' came from... from people who want to put down minorities (including us, GLBT people) without reprimand or punishment.

And the OP is so full of shit his/her eyes are brown: from "I don't notice you ignoring other customers the way you ignore me" to "And it isn't just me. Last week some nasty Duane Reade woman literally YELLED at an old lady who kept asking her some question I couldn't understand."

Yep. Black people bad. White people good.

What I want to know is, when did our liberal gay site become a haven for bigoted fuckwads (gay, straight, or internet personae)?

by Anonymousreply 8712/21/2010

R87, you must be new here. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 8812/21/2010

Thanks, R81, for a wise take on this one.

by Anonymousreply 8912/21/2010

I think R82 is correct. I also think OP/R65 is the poster who used to be referred to as the Random Caps Troll. Asshole to the core.

by Anonymousreply 9012/21/2010

Wrong, R90. I am not OP. I am a business owner--three stores. Sorry you don't want to hear the truth about what is and isn't quality service. You must be a snarly sales clerk who thinks the world owes you something. Here are the brutal facts: you are not special, lots of people more skilled and professional than you are want your job.... and they will get it.

by Anonymousreply 9212/21/2010

And you just know that R91 walks up to all those black clerks as Sunny Sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 9312/21/2010

Love all the apologists here who say it's all in your head if you perceive poor behaviour from a certain sub-set of people. Hello, that's how we humans learn and form reliable impressions of the world--through their own experiences. If I touch a hot stove and get burned, I'm not gonna touch it again, no matter how hard you try to convince me it isn't hot. Don't tell me the sky is green when I can clearly see for myself that it isn't. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9412/21/2010

Yes, in fact, I do, R93.

And four times out of five I get that chip-on-the-shoulder attitude. Just the other day I was at a DC WholeFoods. I walked up to an empty check-out lane and the cashier was standing in the aisle reading a magazine. I said (yes, with a smile), "Hi, are you open?" She looked up from her magazine and said (no, not with a smile), "Well, my light's on, ain't it?" Then she sauntered back to the cash register, magazine in hand.

If a white or Asian woman had done that, I would have reported her to the store management. Since she was black, I figured what's the use.

by Anonymousreply 9512/21/2010

Racist "logic" is rather amusing.

Thanks for the chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 9612/21/2010

OP is not tough enough to BE in NYC, let alone live there. If you let people you don't know get to you like this -- YOU DO NOT BELONG THERE!

by Anonymousreply 9712/21/2010

Calm down , OP. I've been living in NY for over a year now. Just the other day I got assistance from a very smart, friendly, spunky black woman at Macy's. At the Trader Joe's in Chelsea they have black and white staff, and they're all friendly and helpful. And I cannot count the number of other times I've received good service in NY from black women. YOU are the one who needs to stop seeing them as things and realise that they are people.

by Anonymousreply 9812/21/2010

It has nothing to do with race. It is all about training. The pharmacy and supermarket chains in NYC do a very poor job at training cashiers with some exceptions. %0D %0D Whole Foods in NYC has black employees, same demographic. Difference is that Whole Foods carefully trains their employees to be polite and offer real customer service. %0D %0D You see the exact same phenomemon in NYC hospitals.%0D %0D Put away the race card.

by Anonymousreply 9912/21/2010

Remember when Duane Reade started remodeling their stores a few years ago and they tried to make their staff be courteous and helpful? What happened to that friendliness initiative?

My vote for surliest clerk is the assistant manager at Gristedes on Ninth Avenue between 23rd and 24th Streets. She's a super king kong mega mega bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10012/21/2010

OP, they hate you because you are the one thing they so desperately want to be.........White!

by Anonymousreply 10112/21/2010

r41, as a politically aware black woman, I get attitude from white sales clerks at high end boutiques often. I give it back and as a result have had tense encounters in an effort to simply buy what I choose. As a result, I only shop at certain places where my money is welcome. I was recently trying on boots at a boutique and the clerk kept trying to steer me to items on sale that I had no interest in, as opposed to the boots that I wanted to try on. I finally had to give her that hard stare that most black women have mastered and say "Clearly you THINK you know what I can afford. You have NO IDEA what I can afford; I'm not in her to play dress-up and waste my time". I flicked my weave over one shoulder; she huffed off. I then proceeded to get another sales associate to help me and thereby pass the commission to someone else. This shit works both ways. The only black women who give me attitude are from the caribbean or africa. There is a natural antipathy between african-americans and our caribbean and african brothers and sisters, especially our sisters. I don't mind 'getting them told' either.

by Anonymousreply 10212/21/2010

[quote]It has nothing to do with race. It is all about training. The pharmacy and supermarket chains in NYC do a very poor job at training cashiers with some exceptions. %0D %0D Not necessarily, charlie, and you know that. At the very same store you'll get a wide range of customer service. And I don't know why, but most bad customer service experiences I've had are from blacks.

by Anonymousreply 10312/21/2010

If you're the gay white man OP, I can only imagine the attitude you bring to the table.

by Anonymousreply 10412/21/2010

No I do not know that. %0D %0D I have lived in NYC all my life. Training, training, training. I can identify the chains on B'way on the Upper West Side where the help is trained and where they are put on the job after they barely learn how to use a register. Barely teenage kids from lousy backgrounds need training in manners, service, cultural sensitivities etc. Many of the chain stores in NYC do a piss poor job. The whites and other groups are the same. The turnover in the chains is constant. %0D %0D Racism is very ugly. Look harder and you will usually find the reasons for rude behavior that are not related to the color of someone's skin but other factors- This is true everywhere and in countries with similar situations of poor people getting the shaft from their "betters" who assign the behavior to race rather than situation.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10512/21/2010

A bit like this experience?

by Anonymousreply 10612/21/2010

As someone who used to visit NY often, from England, I used to notice how hostile 'the blacks' in general were in NY. Whereas in Los Angeles I found them much, much cooler and friendlier.%0D %0D Always seemed strange to me as I would have thought NY was a place where people were more equal, in general and racism wasn't such an issue.%0D %0D Also, nothing to do with race, people in the Post Offices in NY were much friendlier than people serving in the banks, where you'd often get quite a hostile attitude. I was told that this was due to people who are cashiers, or whatever you call them there, in banks, get paid badly and that Post Offices pay well.%0D %0D Someone mentioned Wholefoods. Here in London, the people in who work in Wholefoods are the most hostile bunch in London. Really vile sometimes. There's also never a manager to complain to, about anything.%0D

by Anonymousreply 10712/21/2010

It's an American thing. Americunts in general are just rude.

by Anonymousreply 10812/21/2010

Blacks make up 13% of the population but they make up 30% of the federal work force. Why?

by Anonymousreply 10912/21/2010

Einstein @ R109, scratch a temple and think where the federal work force is headquartered, and what % of the city's residents are Black. You can do it!

by Anonymousreply 11012/21/2010

Really R107, WholeFoods? I'm in LA (by the beach) and I have to shout out to everyone in Wholefoods and Trader Joes for being the most friendly, helpful and possibly STONED group of workers every. There's never not been a cheery one amongst them.

by Anonymousreply 11112/21/2010

r110, maybe work ethics because private industry would not hire them because the affected minority lacks them. Plus Uncle Sam is the giant plantation in this country.

by Anonymousreply 11212/21/2010

BINGO, R112.

by Anonymousreply 11312/21/2010

From DL you can see that a great number of New York posters are angry and aggressive; why should that not extend to non-posting New Yorkers?

by Anonymousreply 11412/21/2010

Racist @ R112 is claiming there are federal jobs available for those who'd be *rejected* by the supermarkets and drugstores and big-box retailers. That's the "private industry" sector being debated here, not Boeing or GE.

Target? Dunkin Donuts? Rite-Aid? People who can't even work there would easily obtain a federal position?

What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 11512/21/2010

It's so nice to see when racist fuckwads provide support for each other's bigoted beliefs, isn't it? Such a sense of camaraderie these assholes are developing before our very eyes!

The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I've received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores. Oh my, but they are bitchy. They apparently think that they are too good to be doing the work they are doing, or that the merchandise is so wonderful that it should sell itself without their having to do anything, or that only people who look a certain way should bother to shop in their fucked up little boutiques. Truly, they are pure, absolute, sunts.

by Anonymousreply 11612/21/2010

[quote]Really [R107], WholeFoods? I'm in LA (by the beach) and I have to shout out to everyone in Wholefoods and Trader Joes for being the most friendly, helpful and possibly STONED group of workers every. There's never not been a cheery one amongst them.

Why would anyone assume that the staff at WF in LA would be exactly the same as the staff at WF in London?

by Anonymousreply 11712/21/2010

[quote]The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I've received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores. Oh my, but they are bitchy%0D %0D It's absolutely true. I used to find that in NYC, as well as that other bullshit I was talking about. Mean queens are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 11812/21/2010

r119 = retard.

Sunt: that's what cunt sounds like when spelled with a cedilla. But you don't know what a cedilla is, do you, fucktard?

by Anonymousreply 12012/21/2010

Ha, R119 just got kicked in the teef.

by Anonymousreply 12112/21/2010

I especially love being ignored when it's time for me to be rung up so that whatever ghetto bitch is on the register can finish gossiping with the person next to her or she can finish texting or pretty much anything other than do her job.

by Anonymousreply 12312/21/2010

"Cedilla" has nothing to do with being Black, fucktard. Quit while you're merely behind, r119.

Whether I'm Black and Angry or not is immaterial to your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 12412/21/2010

but it is VERY material to YOUR stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 12512/21/2010

r125/r122, you were called out on a show of ignorance. Your retorts are weak. Run along, child.

by Anonymousreply 12612/21/2010

I am, R70. A work in progress.

The next time you wait on me in a discount store I'll put you through your paces, dear one, since I imagine you don't quite get it.

by Anonymousreply 12712/21/2010

sorry r120, but YOU"VE been called out for YOUR weakness, Run along child.

by Anonymousreply 12812/21/2010

R102 are you for real? Sadly, I think you are, perceiving slights where there are none.

by Anonymousreply 12912/21/2010

r119, otherwise known as "I'm Rubber, you're Glue!"

by Anonymousreply 13012/21/2010

R128 aka R119, your idiocy keeps on seeping through like grease on a paper napkin. And, trolldar aside, it sure is ODD about your PENCHANT for gratuitous capitalization.

Don't go away mad - just go away.

by Anonymousreply 13112/21/2010

I hope the consensus of this thread isn't that black service women with attitude ONLY are rude to people who aren't black. If so, you are sadly mistaken!

by Anonymousreply 13212/21/2010

I'm curious. At what point will it actually be acknowledged as unacceptable, this unprovoked, surly attitude that these cashiers have. Look, I'm friendly to a fault with everyone I deal with. Not all black female cashiers are rude. In fact, my good attitude actually engages service workers more often than not. That said, it is certainly the black female service worker that has the automatic bad attitude. I'm tired of this PC nonsense that tells us to not process the information we receive on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 13412/21/2010

Sorry, r134, but unless you are a sociologist who has done a systematic study examining this question, I am dubious about your claim that it is black female service workers who have "the automatic bad attitude." There are too many personal filters that may be affecting your perceptions of how you are treated, filters you may not even be aware of, to allow such inflammatory generalizations to stand. If you were a responsible, thoughtful person you'd realize this, too.

by Anonymousreply 13612/21/2010

Of course if you live in NYC and you are really paying attention you will notice that rude cashiers are black, white, hispanic, Asian, lots of Arab and Pakastani types etc. It is not about race. It is about poorly trained people who due to their generally poor and uneducated backgrounds often have crude manners and are able to acquire these jobs under poor management in NYC and other urban centers. Whole Foods at Columbus Circle is an exception- pleasant well trained, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 13712/21/2010

R135 / R119 - honestly. Is someone paying you to play the part of IQ-90 racist fucktard? Surely you don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 13812/21/2010

It isn't just training, R137. The employers who have a better pay scale, benefits and general working conditions can afford to be pickier on the front end. They don't hire the slovenly, rude people to begin with because they don't have to. To be hired at Whole Foods you probably have to be able to speak coherently, take some sort of basic intelligence test, a submit a personality profile.

by Anonymousreply 13912/21/2010

Then why do you go? Can't you just send someone from your staff?%0D %0D Or are you . . . poor?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 14012/21/2010

"The haughtiest and most unpleasant service I've received has been at the hands of gay white clerks and gay white shopkeepers at high end stores"%0D %0D Nasty Pig is now considered a high end store? Who knew?%0D %0D All joking aside, Cedilla is right. There's no one in the universe nastier than a queeny shop bottom. And you can throw in bartenders, waiters in gay bars and restaurants everywhere, and most of the desk clerks at places in Ptwn. Talk about throwin' shade.

by Anonymousreply 14212/21/2010

I still don't understand why this makes any of you so upset. Attitude? Who gives a shit! I CARE about people who cannot communicate in ENGLISH.

by Anonymousreply 14312/21/2010

R20 borrows all his lines from "The Boys in the Band."

by Anonymousreply 14412/21/2010

Imagine this woman with a job and there you go...

by Anonymousreply 14512/21/2010

[R20}

by Anonymousreply 14612/21/2010

[quote]Hi, I'm Cedillia. My brothers and sisters are Sheneequia, Advil, TYlenol and Clarol. Clarol has twins named Lemongello and Orongello.

And my parents are Circumflex and Umlaut.

by Anonymousreply 14712/21/2010

[quote] especially when those customers are your girlfriends leaning over the counter shooting the shit with you%0D %0D I so love how Americans play with the English language sometimes. 'Shooting the shit'. It's the best.

by Anonymousreply 14812/21/2010

Why is it nobody challenges the assertion about snotty white gay guys? If it's per se wrong and unacceptable to make the observation about sullen, rude black women, isn't it equally per se wrong to utter an observation about haughty gay white male sales clerks?

I pretty much agree with r134. I try my best to be very nice to sales clerks & public servants, figuring they have to put up with rude jerks all day long. A lot of the time, it's appreciated and leads to very pleasant encounters with people of all backgrounds. But living in a major city, there's no denying that there are unduly haughty gay guys in high end boutiques and there's no denying there are sullen black women cashiers who refuse to even acknowledge you, other than to take your money and wordlessly thrust back your change and receipt and your bag of purchased goods.

by Anonymousreply 14912/21/2010

There are so many affordable neighborhoods in Manhattan that are welcoming to blacks, I can't imagine that it would be difficult for these stores to find many, many qualified women for such high-paying jobs.

by Anonymousreply 15012/21/2010

And there are plenty of white women and white men who do same, r149.

But gay men OWN haughty. They just do. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 15212/21/2010

Exactly, r151. But meanwhile, there are any number of people on this thread who seem determined to deny the similar truth about black women. Yet I don't see any of them lecturing about confirmation bias or race cards in defense of the white men.

And please - I'm NOT asking for crocodile tears on behalf of poor picked on snotty white gay guys. I'm just observing an apparent double standard.

by Anonymousreply 15312/21/2010

It can't be true R151. There is an error in your perception because you are filtering things through your own warped prism. Don't you know that the sky is green? Just because it looks blue to you (and everyone else) doesn't mean you should trust your own experience.

by Anonymousreply 15412/21/2010

"Being Nice" means different things to different people.%0D %0D Maybe the 'sistahs' behind the counter just want a queen approaching them to "Be Real" with them instead. One white queen's idea of "Being Nice" to a black lady can involve many freshly baked cookies and can seem VERY condescending to someone with nothing in their lives but a dead end job. Neck curls, finger snaps, and 'gurl' proclaimations notwithstanding %0D %0D Not making excuses here, but really, is 'being nice' necessary? Just buy your crap and leave. It needn't be a small talk filled trip to the society ball, ladies.%0D %0D I live in SF, and it actually drives me nuts how 'nice' so many people are. It's so fake. All the small talk...all the 'how are you?' 'good! and you?!' 'Good!!!' Meanwhile, someone's standing behind them and waiting for them to finish this pointless exercise. I'm all for flirting or trying to get the barista's number if that's the intent, because that's a real intention. Small talk only seems like a real intention to those with small minds.%0D %0D When I see someone I want something from, be it a business contact, fuck buddy or a cashier, I gauge the mood of the person. Then, I try to meet them on their level to a reasonable degree. If they look like they've had a bad day, I make it quick and painless for them. I don't small talk them unless I sense that they really need a friendly person. If I sense they just want to get done with their day, I don't take it personally, but finish up efficiently with them. %0D %0D And because of that strategy, I almost NEVER get any single bit of attitude from anyone. It's like they sensed that I wasn't going to mess with them before they even thought of giving me 'tude. And it didn't require me 'killing them with kindness' or even 'calling them out on their bullshit'. %0D %0D One needn't be passive-aggressive OR aggressive-defensive. One need only be real. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 15512/21/2010

R88, if you think I'm new here, you must be a moron.

I referred to the DL of the past and asked what happened to it. How the fuck could I be new here?

It's been 11 years. And IMNRHO, this is the most racist the site has ever been, which is, as I said, a sad fucking development.

WBM was banned for Aunt Jemima jokes. That's what was considered unacceptable back then. This thread makes him look like a saint.

I wish the "politically incorrect" racists would get banned. This kind of thread didn't last more than an hour at one time; that's how long it took to get F&F'd and disappear from the main site. Now this crap, filled with cunty homophobic bigots of all types, goes for pages and pages.

I don't get it. I want to uzi every homophobe I meet; their posts make me see red. But racist posts do the exact same thing. I was naive enough to think most gay people felt the same way: bigotry is bigotry, and it's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 15612/21/2010

r152, I dealt with the reality of haughty gay guys a long time ago and I acknowledged so above.

by Anonymousreply 15712/21/2010

R119, if you're for real, I hope what you get for xmas is death.

Just as the world would be a better place without homophobes, it would be a better place without your racist ass in it.

by Anonymousreply 15812/21/2010

I'm with you on this R156.

by Anonymousreply 15912/21/2010

[quote] It's been 11 years. And IMNRHO, this is the most racist the site has ever been, which is, as I said, a sad fucking development.%0D %0D Wow! Eleven years! %0D %0D All types of people are being covered here. You need to lighten up and unfurrow your brow a little. Maybe give DL a miss for a while and come back refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 16012/21/2010

[quote]Lot of racists on this thread. And many are identifying themselves as straight white women.

I've learned through troll-dar, which doesn't turn off when you leave the thread you first used it on, that a lot of people pretend to be different people depending on the thread they're on. Last week, I troll-darred someone claiming to be black in one thread, and found them claiming to be a white graduate student in another thread.

It's not worth it to try to figure out who is saying what on DL. Everybody lies here. It's an anonymous forum.

by Anonymousreply 16112/21/2010

[quote]I'm friendly to a fault with everyone I deal with. ...I'm tired of this PC nonsense that tells us to not process the information we receive on a daily basis.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' you're in denial here, honey. No one who thinks black female cashiers are the worst at everything but get a pass because of "PC nonsense" is a nice person.

People who aren't really friendly but try to fake it for service personnel are the worst. And you're easy to spot from a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 16212/21/2010

Some of you bitches need a swift punch in the cunt or balls.

by Anonymousreply 16312/21/2010

um, no it's not anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 16412/21/2010

Okay, so where I work, the white cashiers can have the worst attitudes. The black cashiers like to joke around with the customers and the customers love it! Some of the white cashiers act like they have a stick up their butts and will go off on someone at the drop of a hat. I am white, by the way. You can NOT judge someone by their color! I am here to tell you, that people are different by what is inside, not by what is on the outside! The sooner the world accepts this, the better off we will all be! Lord have mercy, people, stop looking at color and start looking at each individual as the real person that they are!!!

by Anonymousreply 16512/21/2010

[quote]um, no it's not anonymous. [quote]by: Anonymous

I'm just going to pretend R164 performance art.

by Anonymousreply 16612/21/2010

or not, 1666.

by Anonymousreply 16712/21/2010

In part of the world my Bad Clerk/Waiter list is:

Latin chicks Asian chicks Gay white males Black chicks Black men Skinny white bitches

(But, I don't take any shit from service personel. If they give me tude or are rude, I take the time to contact the manager, head of the company, etc. I've made many calls, written many letters. Once I went to Sally's Beauty supply (that mall near Potero) for some hair care shit. Silly black chick clerk held my 20 dollar bill up to the light as though it was counterfit. She took her sweet time inspecing the bill, turning it around and snapping it. "What are you doing??" "Making sure it's good" "Do you do this all day? Why not get one of those special pens?" Dirty look. Went home contacted the company, stat. They apologized. I think she doesn't work there any more

Latin chicks behave as though they are Jennifer Lopez yet they're slinging shoes at Nordstrom Rack!

Asian chicks stay mum passive aggressive not even a hello, but perk up at the site of a str8 wm. Stupid bitches.

GWM give pissy tude-do NOT tell them your steak is overdone, just eat the damn thing. Macy's West? HOW is that damn place still open, first floor staff doesn't even know where the trench coats are! They speak with closed lips!!

Black chicks ... most of them appear depressed, angry and underslept. I don't care, keep the tude ring me up, goodbye.

Black men are like the latin chicks, they are surly don't like to talk to you unless they can cruise you.

Skinny white bitches behave as though they're mad at daddy for making them work. Blondes are the worst, stupid sense of entitlement. Had to call and write to American Appearell to complain- Haight St. location -don't scoff, I was trying to buy my niece a gift- lousy lazy stuck up bitches ignored me and other customers!

SF'ers, if you wish to see well behaved black latin asian and white clerks go to Ross, 4th and Market. Yes, really! That new manager doesn't take any shit and whipped them into shape, it's almost amazing.

by Anonymousreply 16812/21/2010

R164 anonymously posted that the forum is not anonymous.

R166 tried to make fun of him and failed because of typos.

R167 tried to make fun of R166's failure, only to have his own typos.

This is pathetic, even by DL standards... and I'm R166.

by Anonymousreply 16912/21/2010

1(666) ^ the beast, no typo.

I hate racist, judgMENTAL, shit stirring, asshole beasts.

Usually my typos serve a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 17012/21/2010

Oh, you think I'm Satan because I happened to post at R166? Very sound reasoning, my good sir.

by Anonymousreply 17112/21/2010

only a chance circumstance, my good sir.

by Anonymousreply 17212/21/2010

The thing about gay owned/operated businesses is that if you complain to the owners about their surley, rude, coked up and methed out shop bottoms, waiter or bartenders, the owners cop just as much of an attitude, if not more At least at Rite-Aid, they may blow you off, but at least they pay lip service to customer service.%0D %0D Its as if gay business owners enjoy being rude to their customers, especially and particularly other gay customers.

by Anonymousreply 17312/21/2010

[quote]People who aren't really friendly but try to fake it for service personnel are the worst. And you're easy to spot from a mile away%0D %0D %0D Why on earth should a customer be obliged to fake friendliness to you IHOP waiter @ R162? They are the customer....you know, the ones who may or may not buy what you're selling depending on how you treat them. Do your job and provide good service so customers will want to return and buy again. Put on your own fake smile and say please and thank you. Get the order correct the first time and make it snappy. Do all that and your ass won't get fired.%0D

by Anonymousreply 17412/21/2010

That's why Yelp is such a fun little tool R173. Businesses, particularly restaurants, have been ruined because owners failed to address serious customer service complaints.

by Anonymousreply 17512/21/2010

Just a smile for a random person at the grocery, or wherever, can make all the difference in a persons day, even in NYC; the trick is not having expectations and being authentic.

This is not about skin color. When will people wake up?

by Anonymousreply 17612/21/2010

What about FAT people? I find FAT people are always totally rude to Asian people!

by Anonymousreply 17712/21/2010

R176 when will you get your head out of your ass and pay attention?

by Anonymousreply 17812/21/2010

It's one of those things where the negative outweigh the positive. Not all black women are bitches, but there are some.

by Anonymousreply 17912/21/2010

You'll need to be more specific- my head is in my ass because I suggest a person be kind with no immediate reward; that we be kind regardless a persons ethnicity? Honestly~

by Anonymousreply 18012/21/2010

That's the power of Pine-Sol, baby.

by Anonymousreply 18112/21/2010

Becasue they finnin' to go off on you because yo cracker ass can afford to be shoppin at a store with (OH MY GOD) no OTDA Benefit Card and they get shocked when dey see an act-you-ul Credit Card or ATM card because they only work be long enuff to get their check then they quit and get backs on welfare. Keep yo' churrin' out the streets!

by Anonymousreply 18212/21/2010

by Anonymousreply 18312/21/2010

Did someone die?

No, you're just a bearded clam, a piggy.

by Anonymousreply 18412/21/2010

[quote]Why on earth should a customer be obliged to fake friendliness to you IHOP waiter

What are you frothing about, Agnes at R174? No one is obliged to fake anything, and I never said they were.

by Anonymousreply 18512/21/2010

182 shits, pees, and doesn't flush. Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 18612/21/2010

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 18712/22/2010

Even if you're having a bad day, it's still easy to treat people with decency.

by Anonymousreply 18812/22/2010

This one cashier wench in Whole Foods gave me attitude today. When I approached her area to have my goods rung up, her vibe was all types of anger, bitterness and resentment. She obviously defaults to being on the defensive. I slowly placed my soy cheese and organic spelt pasta (making pasta for the hubby tonight) near her scanner. I did everything I could to avoid her obvious nastiness. I ran off in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 18912/22/2010

Get used to it. This is one of the main reason's straight black males DO NOT want to marry Black woman. Black woman, especially young black woman mistake anger, bitterness and just plain bitchiness with being an empowered woman. A nasty bitch is a nasty bitch....Call them out on it. Don't ever put up with unwarranted attitude from a service person. Do not look for it but deal with it when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 19012/22/2010

Most people will grin and bare it because they don't want the situation to escalate.

by Anonymousreply 19112/22/2010

Today I had a black cashier who was cheerily wearing foam reindeer antlers and said she wishes Christmas came twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 19212/22/2010

I'm with OP, and it doesn't seem to be just a NYC thing - though it IS really bad in NYC. Interesting to learn that I'm not the only one that has noticed that black women cashiers, in general are totally obnoxious. %0D %0D On the other hand, I wish I could record this white woman that works at a Tim Hortons shop here in Canada at the drive thru. Sounds like a Muppet on speed and so friendly that the first time I heard her and stopped laughing, I asked for 3 of whatever she was on. She laughed too.

by Anonymousreply 19312/22/2010

Maybe it is just from doing a shitty job day after day. I would hate to work with the general public day in and day out. People from all walks of life are getting ruder and ruder.

by Anonymousreply 19412/22/2010

Here's a typical black woman's mantra directed at her man....."What have you done for me lately?"

by Anonymousreply 19512/22/2010

Bullshit!

"Get used to it. This is one of the main reason's straight black males DO NOT want to marry Black woman. Black woman, especially young black woman mistake anger, bitterness and just plain bitchiness with being an empowered woman. A nasty bitch is a nasty bitch....Call them out on it. Don't ever put up with unwarranted attitude from a service person. Do not look for it but deal with it when it happens.

by: Get Realtreply 190t12/22/2010 @ 06:11PM"

There is no Black community without black women they support everyone. out of 100 black men only 30 have jobs and haven't been arrested!! Black men don't marry ANYONE unless they're rich then it's white chicks latin and asian chicks who get the princely treatment! BM are scorned the world over for the whole BABYDADDY issue.

let's not speak of the so called str8 ones fucking men. no wonder black women are pissed off and depressed. I'd have an attitude if the men in my community were useless bags of skin!

Get Real, you're gonna get checked up in here.

by Anonymousreply 19612/23/2010

R190, you are clearly not a native english speaker; maybe you're just plain stupid or most probably both. As such, your whole post loses credibility and you're just plain wrong, on every point.

by Anonymousreply 19712/23/2010

You can simply ignore the outright racist trolls, you know.

by Anonymousreply 19812/23/2010

[quote]Most people will grin and bare it because they don't want the situation to escalate.%0D %0D Not me - it's too cold out.

by Anonymousreply 19912/23/2010

200!

by Anonymousreply 20012/23/2010

We have a woman at our local pharmacy who looks exactly like one of the Kids in the Hall in drag. She's very smiley and happy and polite -- as long as nothing goes wrong. But the slightest little thing goes awry and she loses her shit and starts blaming the customer, as if we have anything to do with the pricing system, or whether or not our pharmacy keychain card works or not.

by Anonymousreply 20112/23/2010

Maybe she gets irritable when she's about to lay an egg.

by Anonymousreply 20212/23/2010

R190- PLease. Black men don't want to marry black women because they rather get with a woman that won't call them on their bullshit and allow them to do whatever they want. Black women rarely put up with bullshit, while white women are more than happy to do whatever, as long as they are getting that nice long black cock.

by Anonymousreply 20312/23/2010

When you go black you never go back.

by Anonymousreply 20412/23/2010

The most regularly offensive behavior I've experienced was from an arab male cashier in our local store who, instead of placing the change in your hand, would drop it in your hand, as if to avoid all contact with the Unclean. It really began to get annoying, but happily he disappeared, perhaps to fight in Afghanistan with the brothers.

OP: perhaps you could talk to the cashier very slowly and loudly in a South African accent. That tends to make an impression.

by Anonymousreply 20512/23/2010

I am a social worker helping welfare recipients to get a job. I had this one case of a black woman who wouldn't go to the job I got for her because it involved riding the bus back and forth. She would not take the bus.

by Anonymousreply 20612/23/2010

Well then, R206, if you were doing your job correctly, you'd have arranged for a private car service for her with warm towels and lite snacks to ease the trauma of employment.%0D %0D I'm a SW too. Some of the excuses not to work are mind blowing.

by Anonymousreply 20712/23/2010

You know r207, we see it all, but I'm still convinced that most recipients are honest...like over 80%. Would you say that's right?

by Anonymousreply 20812/23/2010

Yep. Most folks really want to better their lives or I wouldn't be in the profession.%0D %0D Just being a bit bitchy due to a rotten cold.

by Anonymousreply 20912/23/2010

Where is r190 to back up that steaming pile of crap he posted about black men not marrying black women cause of the bw's attitude. Notice -bw are clerks, NOT bm! Why? bm are incredibly damaged.

by Anonymousreply 21112/23/2010

If service people seem rude or exasperated, it may be because about 30% of the people they deal with all day are astoundingly condescending, stupid and self-involved.

by Anonymousreply 21212/23/2010

The thing is, pretending that this problem doesnt exist only makes it worse. It unfortunately becomes a problem for all black women seeking service jobs. And in the end it hurts black people much more than it hurts the disgruntled customer. This is part of a vicious cycle that breeds contempt and racism on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 21312/23/2010

Exaggerating the "problem" makes it worse too, dear.

by Anonymousreply 21412/23/2010

Oh really, r213. Saying that is like saying all tweeking bitchy drag queens define gay men. "That's why they hate us"

Have you any idea how people loathe fear shun and mock nellie lisping gays? Notice another thing, we have a black family in the white house not a gay family. Just saying!

by Anonymousreply 21512/23/2010

r190 and r203 are both full of shit with a kindergarden racial antagonist agenda.

by Anonymousreply 21612/26/2010

Just wear headphones and be oblivious to the nonsense, OP. That's what I do, and it's great. This asshole at Metro (West Falls Church, Virginia), a black guy, is a huge asshole, but I'm all cheerful and stuff when I ask for something (restroom, problem with my metro card), and his face is kind of confused. Headphones - seriously.

by Anonymousreply 21712/26/2010

REply 211.

No need to "back up" the truth. For whatever reason, black men date outside their race because of " sister attitude". A very famous black sports star friend of mine dated then married a white girl. Not because She was a door matt but because , as he puts it... Unlike most black women, She was not about possessions. She didn't treat sex like bitch currency and she knew which proper fork to use at dinner. If you think Black women's attitudes are not a problem then you are in serious denial.....Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21812/28/2010

I am a NYC black woman, and until a few years ago found the Duane Reade clerks to be obnoxious, no matter where the location. They were all Indian. I had the same experience with Dunkin' Donuts emplyees, also all Indian. %0D %0D Recently I noticed most of the clerks at Duane Reade are now black and latino and absolutely tuerrific, both in the pharmacy area, at the cash registers and on the floor. The Dunkin' Donuts staff attitudes have gotten better. They're still all Indian, but I think the dicey economy and Starbucks' competition has made them get religion.

by Anonymousreply 22012/28/2010

The Rite Aid stores I'e been to in Manhattan are all sloppy, understocked, with un-helpful clerks, poor air circulation and undermanaged. (Oddly, their pharmacists seem frantic and overworked, but are helpful.) And these are in neighborhoods where they hae strong competition from Duane Reade, CVS and (lately) Walgreens's (which is also pretty bad, with all latino clerks who are just awful.) I think it's the NY management. The Rite Aid I visit in a Maryland suburb is a pleasaure.

by Anonymousreply 22112/28/2010

I think the same conglomerate now owns both Rite Aid and Walgreen's, r221.

by Anonymousreply 22212/28/2010

R220 you are either a racist bitch, or a troll. There are several shops near me staffed by Indians and they could not be nicer.

by Anonymousreply 22312/28/2010

R211, I don't know if it is true or not, I don't date women. But I have been told by black male professionals that they don't want to deal with black female attitude. I am an attorney. I think you see this attitude more among black male professionals where many marry white women. Albeit fat white women (in Houston and Dallas). I don't know how much is really bf attitude or their feeling that marrying a white woman is (moving up). My friends and I laugh at these black guys who will marry ugly fat white women when they could get smart, beautiful, nice black women. I have been told that black women are possessive, worried they will leave them for white women. Of course, the white woman they married are just thrilled any man would marry them. Yes, I know there are racial couples truly in love. But walk around Houston or Dallas and you just can't miss the high numbers of black men with obese white girlfriends. Some with major attitude.

by Anonymousreply 22412/28/2010

Two of my doctors are part of medical group, so I have to see them in this one center.

Most of the black female medical assistants who work there are dripping with attitude, they are always super friendly to other black people, young or old, but when it comes to whites, Indians, Asians or Hispanics, they all assume we have attitudes and they are on the defensive.

Because of a water emergency in my apartment, a bathtub back up, which I didn't want to risk causing a flood while I was out, I was 15 minutes late because I was waiting for the Super to unclog the drain. The bathrooms have conjoined bathroom pipes so he also had to unclog my elderly neighbor's bathtub too.

I did call to tell my doctor's assistant I would be late because of this, I even said it might be 30 minutes, so I technically got there close to my appointment time!

I live near the medical center, so I always walk there. I was exactly 15 minutes late, Of course, I always wait up to an hour or more to see any doctor there.

After I checked in, then waited about 30 minutes, I went to the medical assistant's area to ask her how much longer I'd be waiting because there was no one in the waiting room but me. The assistant is a 30+ black woman, she never smiles, well not to non-blacks and she is always sour.

She did not turn her back to respond, she very angrily told me, "YOU were late! YOU have to wait, there are FIVE people ahead of you."

I told her, I didn't hear her, she finally turned around. I said, "Five patients? That's impossible, especially as I was 15 minutes late, there were and are no patients in the waiting room...so exactly how does that work...five people who are coming in AFTER me are going to see the doctor BEFORE me? In 30 minutes no one has come in."

I knew she was playing some bizarre passive aggressive nonsense with me. She was going to take patients who came in later than me, before me?!

This woman has always been nasty to every person who was not black, every non-black patient who comes to see this particular doctor is treated with utter disgust, she's even rude to the non-black elderly patients. Every non-black patient is treated as if they have leprosy.

I told her, I was going to see the Administrator, because the scheduling made absolutely no sense to me. Her eyes suddenly widened, she was speechless and she looked scared. Now I know what to say when she pulls this shit again. Within a few minutes, I was in my doctor's office.

I've also dealt with the Administrator, who happens to be a black man, when I was given a runaround re getting an EKG, I took the morning off, yet was told by two assistants, "No assistant is available to do the test. Come back after 2PM"

I nicely explained that I took off the morning just to get the EKG, that I called beforehand, I didn't just walk in. I was told, "Come in any time before noon." I explained I was expected back at work before 2PM, so it was impossible that I stay much longer.

Meanwhile, the assistants were all talking on their phones (they sounded like private calls) and were also yapping away with other assistants. What a joke.

I walked over to the Administrators office, I was in a room getting my EKG with 5 minutes. It's all about the lack of supervision, these assistants apparently don't have Supervisors, the doctors are their bosses, so there's a lot of slacking off and rudeness which goes constantly unchecked.

These medical workers are unionized, they make pretty decent salaries with great benefits, so I always have to wonder, "Why the rotten attitude. They are not making minimum wage." They don't even do that much, They take your weight, blood pressure and pulse. I honestly don't know what else they do, answer the phones? They're not nurses.

One time a male medical assistant, who has since retired, was yelling at a patient, "I can talk to you in whatever way I want, I'm protected by my union!"

Oh yes, I get to to pay for this wonderful 'service'!!

by Anonymousreply 22512/29/2010

r223 --- 220 here. Pay attention. I'm talking about the counter help at Dunkin' Donuts' franchises in New York City, not Indians in general. I've also had fine experiences with Indian nationals working in other businesses here, just *not* Dunkin' Donuts. The franchises are apparently owned by the same family. Until about two-three years ago the service I received from them (mostly in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Pelham in the Bronx) was rude and half-assed. I even e-mailed their headquarters in Springfield, Mass. several years ago, the treatment I received was so deliberately rude. Their collective attitude herehas improved about 80% since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 22612/29/2010

Bitches all know betta than to even TRY that shit on me when I patronize the Wal-Mart or the sandwich shop. I carry a BITCH BELL and believe me all you gurleens, I *do* make use of it. OP take note. RING IT!

by Anonymousreply 22712/29/2010

I got horrible service at 5 guys burgers, but from a white guy.

by Anonymousreply 22812/29/2010

I was not treated kindly by the towel boy on Monster Island.

by Anonymousreply 22912/29/2010

I must be crazy, but I've actually enjoyed the cashiers at grocery stores in New York. I don't live there. But, I've gone to the Whole Foods in Union Square, multiple CVCs, some place in the West Village whose name I can't recall (Citarella?), and the Bed Bath and Beyond on 5th (?). Anyway, the cashiers ring me up quickly, bag the goods, take my money and send me on my way FAST. Here, in SF, the cashiers take their time, want to chat, you know -- be your friend. In New York, the cashiers aren't your friends, they know it, and they want you to move along. Fine with me. I don't need an extra "hi" in my day.

by Anonymousreply 23012/29/2010

r190 r218

Bet ya a fried chicken wing that "A very famous black sports star friend of mine dated then married a white girl." -you were his fuck buddy. And you clearly hate BW.

Blk str8 men are NO CATCH. Blk str8 men BEAT and cheat WOMEN OF ALL RACES. From Nicole Brown Simpson, to Kobe's wife to Tiger Woods -all their wives are not black, all got treated like warm shit.

Blk men leave their SONS. What other race of mena LEAVE THEIR SONS??

Face facts most BM marry white cause they are white supremists they only want children with'good hair' and light skin.

Black men are so dumb. They care more about the grade of their kids hair, but NOT THEIR SCHOOL GRADES.

BM are the reason that race is FAILING.

by Anonymousreply 23112/29/2010

nobody hates black women more than black men!!

by Anonymousreply 23212/29/2010

Miss Ross really needs to down a full bottle of amphetamines.

by Anonymousreply 23312/30/2010

Why? Copious amounts of pot keep me silly, silly. No really, because I'm defending BW? Shit. Look at their community if not for bw it'd be down the shitter, bm have abdonded it their women and children.

Isn't this thread about bitches with nasty attitude who ring me up or wait on me?

WM hipster bartenders with sleeve tatts have mucho tude. Don't go to America Apperelle they treat all customers horribly.

by Anonymousreply 23412/30/2010

White boy here. Op, the grossest thing about your post is that it was tired on dl like 6 years ago. Try being more creative when attacking people who are already poor and at the bottom of the ladder. One more kick from whitey ain't gonna make a difference from anyway.

Luv you my NYC sistas and if you want to give me tude, that's ok with me. My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain't mad at you. I'd be downright vengeful if it were me.

by Anonymousreply 23512/30/2010

[quote]My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain't mad at you. I'd be downright vengeful if it were me.

Actually, no. White slave traders almost always bought black slaves from black or Arab slave dealers. Of course, it's not proper to talk about that because the racial betrayal robs blacks of some of the innocent victimhood they depend on so much.

by Anonymousreply 23612/30/2010

[quote]Whites still bought blacks as slaves 236. That fact will never change. Regardless if the seller was white, black, or arab, white folks still have to own up to the part that they played in slavery.

Where did I say that whites didn't buy and trade slaves?

by Anonymousreply 23812/30/2010

"Whites still bought blacks as slaves 236. That fact will never change. Regardless if the seller was white, black, or arab, white folks still have to own up to the part that they played in slavery."%0D %0D No one involved in the slave trade is alive anymore. Move on.%0D

by Anonymousreply 23912/30/2010

I was referred by my doctor to the emergency room last month for a severe abdominal infection, to get a battery of tests, and my nurse was a black woman. OMG, she was absolutely wonderful. So professional and empathetic. She knew I was freaked out, not knowing what my diagnosis would be, and she checked in on me regularly, attended to all of my requests promptly, and just in general was cheery and made me feel cared for. She had a maternal thing going on, I guess, but it was also sisterly or best friend like. It's hard to explain, but I would have just loved to have added her to my Christmas Card list if I kept such things.

On the other hand, and with respect to New Yorkers and cashiers... I remember a friend I had in grad school in California who was from NYC. He totally hated having to deal with cashiers or cashier lines in California. Why? Because of all the chit chat that the cashiers would engage him in, and with the customers ahead of him in line. He didn't want chit chat, he wanted to have his items rung up and then to be on his way. He would purposely avoid the stores that were especially chatty.

It had never occurred to me that people thought this way (I'm a native Californian, so I'm used to that sort of thing), but now that I'm older I can understand his attitude. Time is passing, and we are waiting in line, waiting for you to shut up your damned conversation already. Ring it up and let us be on our way!

by Anonymousreply 24212/30/2010

" Luv you my NYC sistas and if you want to give me tude, that's ok with me. My ancestors made slaves of yours so I ain't mad at you. I'd be downright vengeful if it were me."

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous post ever . You really need to seek help.

by Anonymousreply 24312/30/2010

You people drop the *racist* card so often it's become meaningless

So true!

by Anonymousreply 24412/30/2010

Well, it happened to me. (I'm a black woman, btw.) Whole Foods, Columbus Circle, noon today. The store was nearly empty. I took my purchase to the cashier and pulled out five singles to pay $4.95. She was black; she looked at me, took the bills and began smoothing them out and putting them face-up. Very. Slowly.%0D %0D I've only had this happen to me with latina cashiers until now. I don't know what her problem is, but it's the first time I've ever had anything but a pleasant experience at Whole Foods, no matter how crowded the store is (and the Time Warner unit is usually packed.) I don't think she'd have dared do that to a white woman. Next time that happens, I go straight to a manager.

by Anonymousreply 24712/30/2010

That's right, r247, you get her for having the nerve to follow the store's protocol of organizing drawer bills. You go get her real good. Demand her poor, haggard head on a stick.

And you thought she was the bitch?

by Anonymousreply 24812/30/2010

[quote]Maybe she gets irritable when she's about to lay an egg.

Don't you mean "Take a dump"?

by Anonymousreply 24912/30/2010

248, I'e worked as a cashier; you do the drawer organizing when things are slow, certainly not while keeping a customer waiting for her change and making a point of looking up at her after smoothing each and every bill.

by Anonymousreply 25012/31/2010

Yes that was bullshit passive aggression. I've worked in retail decades.

You should have called her on the spot. WHY do folks let assholes of ANY race get away with bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25112/31/2010

Black white red yellow, hi end, low end, from Needless Markup to the pawn shop, what you need to do is order these bitches around like you are royalty. Yell, scream, throw stuff on the floor, act like visiting royalty. THey'll assume you have lots of money and will piss themsleves trying to help you.

Nice does not work

by Anonymousreply 25212/31/2010

Meh, at least if they give you an attitude they are acknowledging your existence. The young ones, mostly white, totally ignore your existence. Often times while chatting on their cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 25312/31/2010

R251, because the workers can play the victim later on and the media will come down on their side.

by Anonymousreply 25412/31/2010

Yes, R246 and that poster is showing up yellow for me for some reason not related to this thread. Something from the last day or two. I'll find out.

Guess he's just a fucking piece of racist trash littering up the site. Total loser. Needs to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 25512/31/2010

Ha. I found him. Homophobic poster. How surprising.

by Anonymousreply 25612/31/2010

I rather encounter a store worker with a bad attitude than one with body odor. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 25712/31/2010

I=I'd

by Anonymousreply 25812/31/2010

How you durrin...

by Anonymousreply 25912/31/2010

[quote]OMG! I own several retail stores and I can't believe some of the comments here blaming customers for the rude treatment they receive from beligerant clerks.

Welcome to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 26101/01/2011

All the posters telling OP to leave NY should realize that it's no different out here in the hinterlands.

by Anonymousreply 26201/01/2011

R262, where in the hinterlands do you live?

by Anonymousreply 26301/01/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 26401/02/2011

Black female bus drivers in Washington DC are often crazy and bonkers with mentally disturbed attitudes.%0D %0D Avoiding them is the best advice.%0D %0D And who killed rail repairmen on the subway tracks in Washington DC because the operators of the subways refused to slow down when seeing rail workers on the tracks? Black female subway operators.

by Anonymousreply 26501/02/2011

R263, Smallish town in NE Ohio, not far from Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 26601/02/2011

Nice try, R266; you live in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 26701/02/2011

You only work in a shop, you know. You can drop the attitude.

by Anonymousreply 26801/02/2011

R69, many at Datalounge think they are above reproach.

by Anonymousreply 26901/02/2011

I always give them my you chose and created your pathetic life smile and move on.

by Anonymousreply 27001/02/2011

This thread has dissolved into pure racism.

by Anonymousreply 27201/03/2011

Isn't the key word here "women?"

by Anonymousreply 27401/03/2011

I think the key word is "black woman". Oh, wait, that's two words.

by Anonymousreply 27501/03/2011

Yesterday I was served by a white male barista at the Peet's in front of the Men's Macy's in San Francisco.

Oh boy, talk about attitude. The guy was dripping with contempt throughout the entire time he took my order, as well as the orders of others before and after me. He all but snarled at customers. He was so fucking surly, typical of arrogant, straight, white, male privilege... of guys who think they are too good for the job that they are actually doing, too good to be serving the people that they are actually serving. I easily imagined this guy as a would be serial killer consumed with hatred and rage. Creepy mother fucker.

by Anonymousreply 27601/03/2011

Reply 276.

Was He cute??

by Anonymousreply 27701/03/2011

Do you all know who are the most gracious and polite service persons? Illegal immigrants! We can threaten to have them expelled just for being pointed out, so they don't want to appear ungrateful for substandard wages.

Meanwhile, we have a generation of lazy kids who were raised to believe that they were "better than" someone who would do the kinds of jobs that were being taken by the "illegals." These "illegals" were sneaking into our country and stealing our jobs, so they were all "bad" people. The "real" Americans were being made to suffer, through overcrowding and overstaffing that caused unemployment to rise.

So we have people who don't really want to work complaining that they can't find work, and worrying that the jobs that they are qualified to do are all being outsourced or contracted to illegal domestic labor.

At the point at which the jobless outnumber the employed, revolution will be upon us.

by Anonymousreply 27801/04/2011

It works both ways, you know. I'm black and I've found that white men are the absolute worst in customer service jobs--especially gay white men. They can barely cloak their hatred of black people and it's rather shameful. On the other hand, African (not African-American) women are often exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 27901/04/2011

@276 I wrote about that damn Macy's the employees are horrible . I have never gotten coffee at that Peets due to the stank attitude factor, I'd rather go to the Peets at Opera Plaza.

Yup, nothing worse than a str8 white man working beneath his 'station in life'.

by Anonymousreply 28001/04/2011

I have gotten great customer service in NYC. Maybe my standards are low? So I notice when it sucks.

Anyway, I have experienced what OP is describing, but I figured it was more about *where* they worked than the color of their skin or that person in general. Since a lot of employees at certain establishments happen to be black, it seems like a spurious correlation. Maybe they're not pissy because you're white and they're black, maybe it's because they work under scrutiny from asshole bosses and stand on their feet all day, ringing up things that they can barely afford even with their employee discount.

The worst is Century 21, and I figure I get what I deserve for going in there to begin with. They don't speak to you and prefer to toss your bag across the counter like you're playing volleyball at close range.

The next-worse is Barney's makeup counter. My co-worker was purchasing some items at the Stila counter and it was painfully obvious that the clerk didn't think my co-worker deserved to wear Stila, shop at Barney's or be in the hallowed presence of Mistress Makeup. I was fuming but my friend laughed and said she couldn't hold it against someone who was too stupid to know she was fucking up her own commissions.

Bad customer service in two disparate settings, two races and the only difference was the way they were rude.

Maybe OP confuses white attitude with snobbery, which is considered acceptable in many circles.

by Anonymousreply 28101/04/2011

No, r277. He wasn't cute, far from it. He was about 35-40, str8, white, mediocre in appearance, and obviously not someone who took advantage of the privileges his race and sexual orientation had given him. He was miserable doing every single thing he had to do, from taking orders, to relaying orders to a co-worker, to making coffee, to cleaning tables, to moving fixtures. Just a nasty asshole.

by Anonymousreply 28201/04/2011

I concur that white men (either straight or gay) who think they're working below their station are the absolute worst to deal with. Had a run in with one of these obnoxious miserable fuckers the other day at a drugstore. You could tell how badly it hurt his ego to have to ring people up at the register.

by Anonymousreply 28301/04/2011

[quote]...obviously not someone who took advantage of the privileges his race and sexual orientation had given him.

Could you be any more steeped in fem-think?

by Anonymousreply 28401/04/2011

284, do you honestly believe that being a white male in America isn't a better deal than any other possible combination?

Granted, it won't get you the world on a string, but it's a better start than anyone else gets.

by Anonymousreply 28501/04/2011

The Third-Wave feminist language is a dead giveaway, 285. 282 is in her 50's or 60's. Midwesterner who went to an East coast school, probably Ivy or Sisters.

by Anonymousreply 28601/05/2011

Do share with us your au courant language, r286? What language would you use to describe/analyze the white male fucktard who works in the Peets in front of Macy's-Men?

I assume whatever that language might be, that it doesn't involve the reading of Tarot cards?

by Anonymousreply 28701/05/2011

Note, r285, that r284/r286 does not answer your question.

by Anonymousreply 28801/05/2011

R225, I have a feeling she meant 5 people went into their appointments ahead of you because you were late. My doctor's office does that, as do the offices I work for. The 2 offices my mother worked for did the same thing.

I don't understand why people like you "play the race card" when you think you get bad service. Someone black in a service position is rude (or allegedly rude) and you immediately think it's their own personal goal to be nasty to all white people. Might want to think about WHY you jump to that conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 28901/05/2011

I'm right, aren't I?

by Anonymousreply 29001/05/2011

Photo please 42, so that we can be the judges :)

by Anonymousreply 29101/05/2011

All of you who care how you're treated by someone in a store need to get over it. They see a thousand of you a day and do not even process you as an individual. Trust me, I worked in retail during college and I remember it.%0D %0D If they appear to have an attitude, it's not because of the Miss Clairol you're buying or your race or the spring in your step. It's because of whatever is going on in their own life or head. It's not your problem, ignore it and pay attention to things that are.

by Anonymousreply 29201/05/2011

r290? No,dear. Now get some sleep, hon.

by Anonymousreply 29301/05/2011

R292, working retail while you're in college is a far cry from working retail for a living. I can forgive dizzy college students. They're young and unfocused; most don't want to be there and aren't interested in the work.

It's an entirely different picture when someone is actually trying to make a living at retail. You're expected to be professional. I suspect most of us are discussing "professionals".

by Anonymousreply 29401/05/2011

Speaking of black women, look at this queen fending off a savage attack in DC -

by Anonymousreply 29501/06/2011

OP, African-American women always call me "baby doll" and are sweet as they can be to me. Maybe it's something about you, Shug.

by Anonymousreply 29601/06/2011

R281, you are probably right. I met a couple of people who worked at Century 21 and they said it was a horrible place to work because of management.

by Anonymousreply 29701/06/2011

most of these women out there now are just low life bitches, and have serious mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 29812/20/2011

i posted this before the last time this thread was bumped -- i will take the attitude of the NYC checkout clerks over the smiling zombie service in CA anyday. the loons behind the counter are (generally speaking) dumb, slow, slow, slow, and overly chatty. in NYC, when i step up to the counter/checkout line (grocery store, bed bath and beyond, etc), the clerks ring me up (no smile) curtly ask for form of payment, i give my credit card, they swipe, and i'm out the door before i know it, and the next customer is being served. out here in CA, these zombies are just that -- zombies. BUT, they do say have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 29912/20/2011

NYC and the Northeast are such rude places in general. I am amazed when I visit how rude cashiers and service industry people are up there. No greetings, no how are you, no thank you for your patronage. Just totally inhumane rudeness. I am so glad I dont live in such a cold inhumane place.

by Anonymousreply 30012/20/2011

I feel like this is a very "young" attitude. As in immature.

by Anonymousreply 30112/20/2011

I'm a white guy and have NEVER gotten an attitude from anyone. It must be you, OP.

Black people, Latinos, Whites, Asians all love me.

Lose your attitude before you walk to the register.

by Anonymousreply 30212/21/2011

Next time, put both your hands out like a dog wanting food and axe "How yooou dering?" They attitude will change faster than Flava Flav can drop his draws.

by Anonymousreply 30312/21/2011

Enjoying the posts by "Miss Ross". Reminds me Angela Bassett in 'Waiting to Exhale' when her husband left her for a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 30412/21/2011

Why does this shit always come up? I get plenty of attitude from white service women who just out right ignore me. I don't then draw the conclusion that it has something to do with white women in general. The truth is that it has more to do with that individual and perhaps also the way you have approached them.

Some service people are bitchy and full of attitude, some are not. It has nothing to do with race. Further it is completely idiotic to present your personal feelings as if they are scientific facts. For example I believe OP and others on this thread have shown themselves to be racist dick-wipes. If I were as illogical as OP I might take all these racist DL threads and draw the false conclusion that all or most gay men are like this. But no, I can only say for sure that you are OP, you and a few others of your ilk here who lurk around waiting to post this hate filled vitriol targeting other minorities.

by Anonymousreply 30512/21/2011

I don't see the point in taking it personally because I know it's not about me.

by Anonymousreply 30612/21/2011

OP, good thing you do not live in Washington DC.

If you want to see and experience attitude by female service people.....don't go to Wash DC

by Anonymousreply 30712/21/2011

I admit I've only noticed attitude from a black woman cashier, but who gives a shit?

This is a 45 second transaction.

You drama queen wannabees need to up your game to something worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 30812/21/2011

Why don't we just admit that everyone who works in Duane Reade is an asshole? That's been my experience anyway. Black, white, male, female. They all hate their jobs and hate working there. Consequently, I hate going in there.

by Anonymousreply 30912/21/2011

What's the matter R298, don't have a working credit card with $18 left on it?

So sick of these cheap ass fools bumping tired old threads 'cause they don't have the imagination or the money to start their own.

by Anonymousreply 31301/01/2012

OP, you're nothing but a plain, garden-variety bigot and so is anyone who supports OP on this.

Like R302, these women love me, so yes, it must be you and your bigoted ways. It's only because you lump in black women all into your negative category all in your head and notice it more as it fits this bigoted agenda in your head.

It's exactly the same as people who think all Asians are bad drivers -- they really aren't, but their bigoted brains will immediately create the patterns by noticing incidents involving them more, while letting white people off the hook and discounting the same incident.

You have to learn to see people as individuals, not as a group that you feel negative towards. We as gays want that from everyone else, yet we are so bigoted toward women a lot of times and other races too!

by Anonymousreply 31601/01/2012

The lady at the DMV said "sir, please don't get snippy with me", then left for lunch leaving me stranded at the counter with the wrong forms.

by Anonymousreply 31701/01/2012

I've a native NYer, and - although I kind of miss the "f*ck you if you don't like it!" spirit of NYC in some ways - I have to admit I do believe NYers in the "hospitality" industry are largely nasty bitches. I don't care if they are white, black, Asian or hispanic, it's all the same.

Shortly after I moved to Phoenix, a friend (a lifetime Manhattan dweller) visited me here, and was constantly commenting on how nice and friendly everyone was. He even wanted to see managers of places where we ate to tell them how polite and personable the server was. He had no clue that this was normal, and NYCers was simply unusually nasty.

Three years ago, I went back to NYC with a friend not from there, and we did the usual "tourist" things ... museums, the Statue of Liberty, a Bway show, plus lots of shopping in Manhattan, traveling by cab or bus mostly. In four days, I heard the words "Thank you" only TWICE in all that time, and both times it was at one of the museums. We also witnessed a woman trying to get off a bus for three stops, but unaware she had to push the back passenger door to make it open, and nobody helped her until I walked half the length of the bus to do so. A waitress at a coffee shop was yelling four letter words at another table that kept bugging her, and told us that they were likely to "find something" in their food if they kept it up. My friend bought some postcards at a shop in Time Square, and the proprietor called him an asshole because he had nothing smaller than a $10 bill. He also bought a t-shirt from a street vendor and asked if it would shrink, getting a not-unexpected "How the fuck would I know?" answer.

by Anonymousreply 31901/02/2012

R318 -- Why do you have so much of a problem seeing that you are just another of the garden-variety, common bigots here? If you weren't, you'd be able to back up what you say with facts rather than using tired old stereotypes. Your post is full of stereotypes and you're full of shit. The only intelligent statement in your post is the first sentence that service rep attitude largely depends on the specific company. That's a good point. Unfortunately, after that you lose all credibility:

1. You just say "they are" when I mention that Asians being bad drivers is not a truth. How do you know? I know how you assume it -- because it's a bigoted, racist way of thinking. But, if it's actually true, which it isn't, again, how do you KNOW? Where are the actual facts to support this? (There aren't any!)

2. You then say that Asians "are really good at passing the test, Doesn't mean they can drive." Wow. So, do you have a job grading tests at the DMV and that is how you know this for a fact? Of course you don't and even if you did that would be at only one specific DMV branch.

Sadly, you are again using a tired old stereotype. This time, that Asians are smarter. At least it's positive, but bigots like you typically use as you did to balance against a negative stereotype -- that they can't drive.

I know a lot of white people who pass the test and are terrible drivers. And duh, you can't even get on the road to drive unless you do pass the test so in reality, any person of any race can be a bad driver even though they pass the test.

To narrow this down factually, its the truth that in many places, including where I live, the insurance rates are affected by young men, aged 16 - 24 who are considered the worst drivers -- so, all races not Asians specifically, and my community is predominantly white!

by Anonymousreply 32101/02/2012

I am bigoted against Asian drivers. I admit it. Some stereotypes are true. This is one.

This is based on personal experience and observation. They don't use their rear-view mirrors or signals. After cutting you off to get into the left lane on the highway, they then proceed to drive at 40 mph. The women are the worst. South Asians are nowhere near as bad as East and Southeast Asians.

by Anonymousreply 32201/02/2012

[quote]based on personal experience and observation.

Exactly. From the moment we're born this is how we learn about our world. I'll believe my own experience before I'll believe some nit wit who keeps trying to convince me that what I've seen over and over with my own eyes is not a fact.

by Anonymousreply 32301/02/2012

"Personal experience and observation" isn't enough because there's a whole big wide world out there. We also are raised to be bigoted, sometimes we aren't even conscious of it.

When white people cut us off or do all the other things you say the Asians did, well we ignore those and we can't easily define say a German person or a Swedish person, we see only whites. It's so much easier to identify Asians or people with features that stand out.

And there's really no point in further arguing with me, since you've proved me right -- R322 admits straight out "I am bigoted against Asian drivers."

Case closed. You haven't personally experienced and observed the whole world -- only the tiny part of your location(s) as viewed through a bigoted brain.

by Anonymousreply 32401/02/2012

I haven't touched every hot stove either, R324. Once was enough and now I know not to keep doing it. I'm bigoted against hot stoves. I admit it.

by Anonymousreply 32501/02/2012

Check yo self before you wreck yo self!

by Anonymousreply 32601/02/2012

No, because I am able to identify blacks or Hispanics and that has not been my experience with either of them.

I can also generally identify white-trash and some of them drive like assholes too, but they are generally just young and stupid.

Young women putting on make-up and talking on their cell phones also drive me crazy.

I currently live in one of the largest metro areas in the US, grew up in the NYC are and have lived or traveled and driven all over the country.

Do you even drive. Do you get out of your mother's basement?

There are bad drivers of all ethnicities, races and ages. But the Asians are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 32701/02/2012

[quote]. You just say "they are" when I mention that Asians being bad drivers is not a truth. How do you know? I know how you assume it -- because it's a bigoted, racist way of thinking. But, if it's actually true, which it isn't, again, how do you KNOW? Where are the actual facts to support this? (There aren't any!)

Actually this is true. "Bad driver" may be a cultural label though. Because of the crowded nature of Asian roads, Asians have a different driving style than the west. Saying that Asian drivers are bad drivers is a bit like saying that Asians have bad manners because they slurp their food. It is bad manners in the USA, it is not bad manners in Asia. The issue is that Asian drivers have not adapted their driving style to Western practices.

by Anonymousreply 32801/02/2012

"Whenever I've worked customer service, I've recognized myself as a cog in the corporate wheel."

Bosses have no respect for someone with such a wimpy attitude. I've learned from experience. You're nothing to them.

"And rudeness from customers is part of the deal."

No it's not. It's fifty fifty.

I'd give those black employees all bonuses if they worked for me. That's the type of attitude that everyone should have.

You don't take customers shit. And if you greet them, then there's no reason not to greet back. Their problem if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 32901/02/2012

Oh, and Asians are smarter than everyone else. It is built in to their culture to value education. Same with the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 33001/02/2012

Acutally r330, there is historical basis for Jews valuing education. They were barred from many of the trades in Europe in the 19th century (and before). Urban Jews had few choices in employment. They most often learned the language of the country they lived in and learned to read Hebrew. That made them more literate than much of the non-Jewish population.

I wish my cultural background valued education more.

by Anonymousreply 33101/02/2012

R331, that is what I just said. Both the Asians and the Jews value education. This would be a better world if the rest of us adopted this practice.

by Anonymousreply 33201/02/2012

[quote]Because of the crowded nature of Asian roads, Asians have a different driving style than the west. Saying that Asian drivers are bad drivers is a bit like saying that Asians have bad manners because they slurp their food. It is bad manners in the USA, it is not bad manners in Asia. The issue is that Asian drivers have not adapted their driving style to Western practices.

You've got a point, which leads up to the truthful statement that Asians tend to be bad drivers. Whatever reason, they are. Cultural differences? Yes. Because in Asia they don't give a shit about it. They, (yes, "they") never look in their mirrors, never look to the left before turning left or to the right before turning right, nor behind when backing up. Sure, it's culturally acceptable for them to turn left from the right-hand lane and to turn right from the left-hand lane, and without bothering to first look to see if anyone is in their way. Texting whilst driving? Sure, why the hell not! Texting whilst bicycling, texting whilst driving your scooter or motorcycle... absolutely. That red light? Fuck it. Driving down the wrong lane in the wrong direction, and on the highway no less? If it gets them quicker to their destination, go for it. Straddling two lanes at once? If you don't like it, tough shit.

All of the above are culturally acceptable. You will never see "them" getting a ticket for any of it, even if it is a violation. Why? Because it's "acceptable" and the cops don't give a damn. And all of the above make them shit drivers, and they can't comprehend that when they emigrate to the US, UK, or Europe that such behavoirs are NOT culturally acceptable and don't understand what YOUR problem is.

Yes, cultural differences. Yes, shit drivers. And they'll be amongst the first to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 33301/02/2012

Ah, I thought you were mocking me for being a "bigot".

Some stereotypes are true.

"Now go back an practice your violin!!!"

by Anonymousreply 33401/02/2012

R328, most asian drivers were born in America.

by Anonymousreply 33501/02/2012

>>> when I have to ask you to repeat what you've said because I couldn't understand you?

What is with that? It's like they have marbles in their mouth. At work I have to ask people's names and I can't understand a word a lot of people say. Is it too hard to open your mouth when you talk?

Me: "Your last name?"

other person: "rrugh, rrugh"

Me: "I'm sorry, What is your last name?"

other person: "rrugh rrugh rrugh"

honest to god, I have had mentally retarded customers who speak and pronounce their words 100 times more clear than certain cutomers. But, I guess that's their 'culture' (to be ignorant marble mouths)

by Anonymousreply 33601/02/2012

R325 -- It's not surprising that you don't understand analogy. Your 'hot stove' analogy has nothing to do with lumping in all groups of people as the same or acting based on stereotypes. In reality, hot stoves are very handy for cooking! Only idiots brag about having learned not to touch a hot stove and only idiots brag about supporting stereotypes!

Congrats -- you're a two time loser!

by Anonymousreply 33701/03/2012

R334 You *are* a bigot and deluded. Of course "some stereotypes are true" Einstein, that's why they became stereotypes!! But people who can't and won't separate individuals (the trees) from the larger group such as an entire race (the forest) are small minded and lack rational thinking skills. Not being able to think BEYOND a common stereotype shows stunted thinking skills.

Go take some critical thinking courses and you'll (maybe) learn what I mean.

And just because a group is known to "value education" doesn't make them "smarter" per se. Many of you bigots say you wish your group valued it more, but there is nothing stopping you as individuals from learning more.

People who've learned and practiced good critical thinking skills can't logically be bigoted, so if you're serious about valuing education learning critical thinking -- rather than going by stereotypes and assumptions -- is a great place to start!

by Anonymousreply 33801/03/2012

And R327 Thinking and facts are different and more trustworthy than your feelings about what you "generally identify" with you're bigoted mind such as "young women putting on their makeup..." and Asian drivers.

While these people bug you and you want to think that they are the worst drivers, in reality, insurance rates are affected by MEN 16 - 24 of all races. I've already posted this and that my area is PREDOMINANTLY WHITE. I received a letter mentioning this FACT. So pay attention -- yes I drive!

You prove my point about being bigoted and lumping everyone in together of a group without being able to see and reason beyond that when you say you "generally identify" -- that's the perfect definition for a bigoted stance!! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 33901/03/2012

So, in a nut shell, driving STATISTICS and facts are what count, not what you bigots observe as you drive even if it's all around the world!

by Anonymousreply 34001/03/2012

most of the women today are dumb bitches, have to agree on that one. and they are losers too.

by Anonymousreply 34102/14/2012

I'm too lazy to go through the posts. How did the nasty attitude women at the checkout counter the Op was mentioning evolve into a treatise on Asian drivers? ADD?

by Anonymousreply 34202/14/2012

Asians are NOT the worst drivers! Who came up with this old, unfair stereotype? SUV drivers, of any race, can bite my ass!

by Anonymousreply 34302/14/2012

"I have a feeling she meant 5 people went into their appointments ahead of you because you were late. My doctor's office does that, as do the offices I work for. The 2 offices my mother worked for did the same thing.

I don't understand why people like you "play the race card" when you think you get bad service. Someone black in a service position is rude (or allegedly rude) and you immediately think it's their own personal goal to be nasty to all white people. Might want to think about WHY you jump to that conclusion."

Exactly how would that have been possible, five patients ahead of me? I was only 15 minutes late, so you assume FIVE people were seen during those fifteen minutes? That would be impossible, especially as the specialist I was going to see spends at least 30-40 minutes with each patient.

As I already explained, the wait to see most doctors at this center is usually quite long, anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours, so, technically, I was not really late, as no patient is ever taken on time!

I was not playing the "race card", which always seems to be a rote response when white people relay their bad experinces dealing with black people working in the service industries!

I was simply explaining the ongoing experiences I've had belonging to this medical center for over 15 years, a place where 90% of the assistants are black women. The American black women who have worked there during the years, have always been overly chummy with the black patients, calling them "girlfriend" etc, while treating whites, Latinos and Asians with utter contempt.

Maybe you should wonder WHY the uneducated black Americans, in service positions, seem to despise all white people?

I haven't imagined this behavior, so you need to stop telling me to check myself! I'm not jumping to some wild conclusion or being racist as you seem to be accusing me of being, I have lived through the utter nonsense with the rude 'ass-sistants' at my medical center.

I was a few minutes late in the course of being a longtime patient who is never late, then I got attitude from a person who should be more familiar with all the patients she deals with, not just the black patients!

This rude woman has been there as long as I've been a patient, 15+ years, she should make an effort to recognize at least a handful of white long term patients, but she acts as if she doesn't.

The few Jamaican women who work there, do not treat any patients with contempt, it's only the Black American women there who do this. It's been interesting to observe. Do you know that Jamaicans think most Black Americans are lazy and rude?

by Anonymousreply 34402/14/2012

[quote]Maybe you should wonder WHY the uneducated black Americans, in service positions, seem to despise all white people?

Wow, I guess youve never been the office to see something like this:

by Anonymousreply 34602/14/2012

I'm a white guy. I was in line at the Walgreens, and this black lady stood BESIDE me in line, while holding a bag of Lays Potato Chips. She was grumbling to herself about having to wait in line...but it was no big deal, I was next in line, and there was one person at the counter. That was it.

I go to the counter and she runs up beside me and says "C'mon, c'mon!! I'm gonna miss my BUS, you FOOL!"

I ignored her, and placed the stuff on the counter. Three items, that was it. She couldn't handle it. She slapped a dollar on the counter in front of me, and said "HERE! I'm gonna miss my bus! You WHITE PEOPLE always gotta mess with black people, don't you?"

As she ran out the door, I yelled to her "Assholes come in ALL colors, honey. Have a great night!"

I noticed that she had plenty of time to board the bus that arrived.

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 34702/14/2012

Yep R345, I'm a "dumb ass crackah", just because I heard from a few Jamaican friends I have, one who happens to be a Jamaican man who is married to white female friend I've known over 20 years, that a lot of Jamaicans think Black Americans are lazy.

I never said I believe that, it's just something that's out there. Though I do think a ton of black American women can be, and are, very surly to anyone who is NOT black. And then revel in their rude attitudes, that's not imagined either. PERIOD.

I guess you never saw the Jamaican worker sketches on "In Living Color"? The Jamaican characters would argue with each other who had more jobs, one guy said he had 20 jobs.

You need to lighten up and unclench, especially as I was simply repeating what a Jamaican person told me.

"Reveal" myself, you are too fucking funny. What exactly can black female Americans SEE about me with CLARITY, that I'm a keen observer of black racism?!! Because it seems when black people are racist, they are never called on it.

btw, where the fuck was Al Sharpton when that white police officer was just killed? Huh? He was quiet as a mouse.....

by Anonymousreply 34802/14/2012

There are too many angry people out there!

by Anonymousreply 34902/14/2012

Black person here. I have worked in a number of service jobs. It seems like white people think only the black service people give them a hard time, and all the black people think white people are trying to undermine them.

I had an extremely cunty supervisor who was also black. She gave that same venomous, nasty attitude to everyone. She would ask customers to their face why she should care about them missing their bus like that woman in r347, or someone like r344 who shows up late for his appointment. In both scenarios people feel entitled to things they are most certainly not entitled too, but white and black people have very different ways of expressing that. Although I hated working with that stone cold bitch, but I understood her tactics. It is the only way you can deal with people who act like that day after day. It has nothing to with race.

by Anonymousreply 35002/14/2012

Lower-class Blacks don't conceal their contempt for middle/upper-class Blacks either. I'm Black and I get the same shitty disregard from Black service workers, as well as from White service workers.

Yes, assholes come in all colors.

by Anonymousreply 35102/14/2012

"I ignored her, and placed the stuff on the counter. Three items, that was it. She couldn't handle it. She slapped a dollar on the counter in front of me, and said "HERE! I'm gonna miss my bus! You WHITE PEOPLE always gotta mess with black people, don't you?""

Instead of this asshole moronic woman using her brain and simply asking you if she could get ahead of you because she was in rush and only had one item, it seems she assumed by grumbling non-stop and acting like a nutcase, you'd offer her to get ahead of you?!

When I'm a line and in front of a person who is in a big rush, and they have one or two items, I always allow them to go ahead of me, because you never know if their verbal meltdown might suddenly involve a gun or a knife.

by Anonymousreply 35202/14/2012

everyone's in a big rush to go nowhere

by Anonymousreply 35302/14/2012

Blacks are often overtly polite and friendly with each other seemingly as a way of letting "whitey" know they don't like us, but also probably to give them the respect they (falsely) assume whites give each other.

A retail workplace not far from me operates the same way, and it's so obvious.

Not much one can do about it other than ignore me, as they usually won't cross the line too badly.

by Anonymousreply 35402/14/2012

R352, I actually would have offered that to her if she had asked me. I was in no hurry at all.

Her passive aggressive AGGRESSIVENESS made me not feel so friendly, though.

Besides, I only had three items. When she plunked that dollar down on the counter, the cashier just looked at her weirdly, and stopped ringing me up, and didn't ring her up either. She began yelling at the cashier to hurry up too...and he wouldn't budge. He looked confused more than anything, because he couldn't just cancel my transaction right in the middle, in favor of hers.

The irony was if she had waited, I would've been done...and she would've gotten out of there quicker.

by Anonymousreply 35502/14/2012

Anybody who lives or has lived in New York City knows what most black people in service jobs are like. But whites are often no prize either. Much easier to lay around the house and get welfare, food stamps, etc. I know; I'm disabled.

by Anonymousreply 35602/14/2012

"Anybody who lives or has lived in New York City knows what most black people in service jobs are like. But whites are often no prize either. Much easier to lay around the house and get welfare, food stamps, etc. I know; I'm disabled."

Huh? WTF? How does a discussion about lousy attitudes from service workers disintegrate into a discussion about people getting food stamps and welfare? Only on DL!

Actually in this messed up shaky economy a ton of Americans, no matter what race, creed, religion etc are now eligible for food stamps and Medicaid!

I have a few friends who I would never in my wildest dreams imagined ever being on food stamps and Medicaid, yet they've been on these programs for about two years.

In NY, the ceiling income for food stamps, for a single person, is $22,000 and about $990 a month to receive Medicaid for your health insurance.

I would venture a lot of eligible people have no idea they are eligible!

by Anonymousreply 35702/15/2012

[quote]Do you know that Jamaicans think most Black Americans are lazy and rude?

And Black Africans think most Black Americans are lazy trash.

by Anonymousreply 35802/15/2012

How sad that most of this thread has been overtaken by trolls and race baiters.

Meanwhile, here in New York, it's still a daily occurance, in every corner of the city, everywhere to experience a really rude people who ring me up. Yes, the overwhelming majority of them are black females, not black males or Asian or white women. It's just a fact.

Then again, I suppose if I were shopping a lot on Fifth Ave., I'd experience a heavy dose of attitude coming from the white women working in the shops and boutiques there.

by Anonymousreply 35902/15/2012

White person here, and yes, most of the people I experience rude or bad service from are black.

However, I don't jump to the conclusion that it's necessarily about race, or blacks not feelin' it for whites, or vice versa. It is an unfortunate fact in this country that institutionalized racism means more black folks are working at minimum wage jobs or repetitive jobs.

I see rudeness from black and white clerks…and I also see entitlement from black and white customers. People are, as mentioned upthread, equal opportunity assholes.

Having said all of that….it does boggle my mind how incredibly rude and/or unfriendly many of the folks who wait on me can be.

The worst is the Post Office. In Chicago, it appears to be a requirement that anyone hired for the post office must be a woman who weighs at least 300 pounds. I go in the afternoons when there are only 3 or 4 people in line and it still takes half an hour, because these obese sows are slow as hell, talk with everyone and their mother and won't focus on work, and ask the same questions three and four times.

Lest you think I'm Miss Priss from the suburbs who isn't being realistic...I did retail for years and I know how it's done when it's done right. These bitches ain't doin' it right.

by Anonymousreply 36002/15/2012

Taken over by race baiters? It was started by one.

I'm not going to read all of his drivel either, but I lived in New York for fifteen years. In my neighborhood there were two African-American staff member who were notorious for an attitude problem because of their personalities. One at my market also seemed to be apathetic about her job. But that was it.

The rest were amazing. Three of the other African-American women at the market knew me by name, and looked out for me. A woman who worked the subway booth on my corner always waved and me and always helped me out - you could see dozens of people in any given week stop and chat with her, and she waved at them and smiled at everyone constantly. When she disappeared for several weeks and came back I became concerned and asked about her and she started asking me about my life.

Of my four best spin teachers, three were African-American women. My two admin assistants were African-American and as lovely as they could be.

OP, I think it's you. The attitude you brought to your original post is probably all over your face whenever you encounter African-American women with your expectations of how they should "wait" on you.

Your experience is not like mine or many New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 36102/15/2012

r362, the females who give you all of this sh*t are not worth the energy you are giving them. There are women like this in every race, and I have been put through hell before as well.

Here is my rather unconventional advise that has worked for me: have a lesbian affair.

Once you have been intimate with a woman you find attractive nitwit b*tches cannot affect you anymore.

It really works.

by Anonymousreply 36302/24/2012

I don't usually have a problem with black cashiers, it's usually the hispanic ones that are bitchy for no reason. Even when you're nice to them they act shitty.

by Anonymousreply 36402/24/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 36502/25/2012

i agree with you!

by Anonymousreply 36707/01/2012

I feel defeated sometimes. I've always complained when need be, however recently.. I just think.. "is it my job to fix their business"?? I've got my own struggle and juggle going on with work.

The other day, the grocery clerk after scanning my items.. just stopped and stared at me. I asked what my total was.. she said.. "oh I thought you could read"

(sigh)

by Anonymousreply 36807/01/2012

R351 is spot on. I am biracial, with light skin and green eyes. I have been given hell from other black women by entire life. In high school, the girls said that I was "trying to act white" because I took honors courses, worked, and had a nice car. My parents were lower middle class, but we had more than a lot of others, and they hated me for it. They also got mad because I "thought that I was cute" despite the fact that I never dated in high school, and was not a threat to anyone. I am now upper middle class, and am treated the same way. I am hated by poor black women, because I have an education and money. I don't understand it. I am so happy for other African American people who are successful and make it in life. I cannot imagine being so angry and full of self hatred that you automatically dislike someone who manages to do well for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 36907/01/2012

Sorry sweet cakes, but how do YOU behave in public? A gay man acting like a girl pisses women off. I see it all the time. I know it's who you are and won't change for anyone but then you have to expect a little rain sometimes along with the sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 37007/01/2012

WE LIVE IN A DIVIDED COUNTRY. Some of us are brave just leaving the home because of this hostility. No more middle. I had to leave a couple of jobs because of ghetto Queeneishas and mr. Gay dude who likes his showcase.

Bottom line ... if your rich your MONEY AND WEALTH DEFINE YOU BEING happy, if your ghetto or just have a job that you know will be yours you can bee an a$$. If your young and have some sort of still princess complex you can be even stupider. YOU ALL ARE ON SOME KIND OF POWER TRIP.

If you struggle and are kind and just want a better world we have to work together in order to receive the love we put out. Smile and kill em with kindness because these types need it!

LOVE AND ALL ABOVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 37110/23/2012

Fuck off, racist pig.

by Anonymousreply 37210/23/2012

If it makes you feel better OP, they give the same shitty attitude to black customers too. And I am not going to even going to elaborate on the shitty attitude from chinese cashiers (toward blacks) in NYC. Live with it.

by Anonymousreply 37310/23/2012

[quote] I cannot imagine being so angry and full of self hatred that you automatically dislike someone who manages to do well for themselves.

Sounds like you are new to Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 37410/23/2012

R 64 Did you consider that her Religion/Culture, not her attitude was the reason for the exchange...my clerk also Musulim pushes the change. Women are not supposed to have contact with males on a familiar bases. As a female is not allowed to touch a monk in some countries.

by Anonymousreply 37510/23/2012

because they are black and they are racist to white people. they have a chip on their shoulder. they don't value the lives of white people. it's just a fact. i'm not racist. i'm just a realist.

by Anonymousreply 37611/21/2012

OP, you're a racist and a misogynist, case closed. Get therapy.

by Anonymousreply 37711/21/2012

Someone had to resurrect this 2 year old thread to complain about counter girls?

Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 37811/21/2012

I'm amazed by OP's post. I have always found that the MOST friendly, helpful service folks are black women. When we used to be able to chose one of several lines in airports, I'd always go for the black woman and get the kindest treatment and even upgrades.

But I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them. There's a Duane Read a block from me (yes, OP, I too live in New York), and one of the black women reproaches me if I let another checkout person wait on me. Of course she calls me "darlin'."

I think OP does something to set them off. And you do NOT want to cross these ladies.

by Anonymousreply 37911/21/2012

It had to have been one of our resident racist trolls. He's too loser-poor to pay $18 so he bumps old racist threads to vent his spleen instead.

Breaking News: Low-paid service workers have hard lives and are not always pleasant to their customers. Film at 11:00.

by Anonymousreply 38011/21/2012

r362 wow just wow you sound like you have issues.

All races have people that don't agree with interracial relationship its not just Blacks.

It sounds like you still have baggage from school and really shouldn't be dating Black men.

I know a lot of White women who date Black men and there not weak.

There is no way in hell they'll give 2 fucks about people not liking them enough to miss out on something in life.

If your straight,gay,fat,ugly, white, black, nerdy we all get shitted on.

Some women are real CUNTS and I'm a women but its in every race.

by Anonymousreply 38111/22/2012

[quote]I'm a women

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 38211/22/2012

to R362 the so called ww married to a so called jamaican man who disses his own race of women and you want to come here playing the innocent ww card?

Bitch please. WW who are unhappily married to BM are racists. Why? Cause their man is, for the most part. BM have their ww call them N! BM use the N word around their ww so naturally ww carry attitudes!

BW are the most shat upon women in American and nobody is calling out the BM who abandon their children. Go through any black community and you will see the LACK OF BLACK FATHERS. Ask your school teacher friends! Where they be? In jail, living with mom, down low or if they have an education and get a few cents, with a ww.

Deflecting. Their music disses their mothers, grandmothers. I feel pity for the average bw those chicks are DEPRESSED AND POOR caring for the spawn of spineless hypocritical men!

Yup those surly clerks are overburdened while the BM has the assumption that everybody wants him.

Who the hell wants a BM? They do not value family and the black community is proof. I pity BW

by Anonymousreply 38311/22/2012

You have to work for your Food Stamps in NYC. These women are part of a program where you work off your FS at minimum wage. Walgreens is one of the biggest employers of these earnfare, workfare, or whatever your state calls it.

by Anonymousreply 38411/22/2012

Wow, the bigotry on this board is really disgusting. I'm ashamed for you.

by Anonymousreply 38712/07/2012

Black women love me! I'm one of their homies... lol it's a black thing. See, I'm practically one of them!

by Anonymousreply 38912/07/2012

How about black men in authority positions (security guards, cops, bouncers) targeting the wealthy, attractive blond female? Nobody ever talks about this. Double trouble if she's with an Asian man, then it gets really strange. Somebody has to have experiences they'd like to share.

by Anonymousreply 39012/08/2012

Lots of racists on the board today..

Hey guess what guys...you lost...your days are OVER!!!

by Anonymousreply 39112/08/2012

Right now as I type this I'm sitting at my friend's indie coffee shop. The owner hired these cute little twink type boys and one of them, Austin, is a DICK. Rude to customers, doesn't do his job and no one likes him, he's probably 21 or so.

About 20 minutes ago he was in the back area of the shop and his boss was yelling at him. I think he got fired. He walked out crying and went in the bathroom for like 10 minutes. He's dating another twink here, Shaun, and I think while he was in there he texted Shaun.

Shaun works at this shop too, that's how they met. Shaun is working the mid-shift and about ten minutes after he showed up Austin, who had been crying the entire time while having to wait on customers, told him about what was going on. Austin burst into tears and Shaun just held him. This happened at the front counter where everyone could see.

Austin has this snotty little attitude because he's cute and his MOM has him thinking he's the greatest kid ever so he has no maturity when he's criticized.

Austin's got his coat and backpack, is crying again and saying bye to Shaun.

by Anonymousreply 39212/08/2012

Black men are usually wonderful and older black women as well. Its the younger black women and DEFINITELY young gay men who are the worst to deal with. Older white women can also be horrors to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 39312/08/2012

R392, that's some great twink drama!

by Anonymousreply 39412/08/2012

Oh, please. This is not a racial thing. You will get shitty attitudes from anyone who has to work in a shitty job. Please don't take it personally - they probably don't even realize they're acting that way. Just be kind and you might just improve their dismal day.

All those Canadians who are saying "Canadians are so polite." Bitch, go to a Jean Coutu in Quebec and you'll find the same thing from a Quebecois chick that you you racist assholes are claiming only comes from African American women. People in those sorts of jobs are nasty.

by Anonymousreply 39612/08/2012

If you want to see some attitude go to Nasty Pig and ask if they have those assless panties in an XXL.

by Anonymousreply 39712/08/2012

R396 the French Canadians are nothing like American Blakc girls, you are on crack honey. They love US tourists because they smell money.Black girls are nasty EVEN when they smell money.

by Anonymousreply 39812/08/2012

So? You probabably deserve if you have the same raw, nasty attitude of most gay men.

by Anonymousreply 39912/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 40012/08/2012

[quote]Austin's got his coat and backpack, is crying again and saying bye to Shaun.

Austin didn't get fired. He was a smart ass to the owner and got his ass handed to him.

But he really IS gonna cry like a pussy in a couple of weeks when the owner fires him.

by Anonymousreply 40112/09/2012

Being black and a long time Datalounger, I pretty much knew what was going on in this thread so I stayed away. While I loathe generalizations, especially generalizations based on race or sexuality, it has been my experience that you get the most attitude from young black female cashiers and young white gay men. The only difference being is, if you're dressed well the white gay men will adjust their attitudes accordingly, young black females don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 40212/09/2012

I've turned it into a game. I try to see if I can have an absolutely silent transaction at Duane Reade. I put my things on the counter, hand them my Duane Reade card, they ring the things up and expect me to just see the amount on the register, I pay and leave. No one says hello or thank you or anything. It's the same every time.

by Anonymousreply 40312/09/2012

I hope I never have to deal with this miserable bitching OP, he is a dick

by Anonymousreply 40412/09/2012

r396 - the last time I was at Jean Coutu was in Quebec City last winter. I wanted lip balm. There were two young female employees who helped me find it, and they were very friendly and helpful.

So there.

by Anonymousreply 40512/09/2012

To all you libs and minorities who justify this behavior. ever heard of "the customer is always right" being black doesn't give you a right to act shitty to white people. I haven't done anything to you and I damn sure don't owe you anything. if you can't DO YOUR JOB IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER, then quit and go somewhere else! And no, im not an inbred redneck for having different views than you!

by Anonymousreply 40612/19/2012

R406,

Even businesses no longer believe the customer is always right.

Something about the customer being an entitled prick that stopped that. Also love when someone who is NOT a customer (and just wants to grind and axe) forgets that, as if I'm supposed to grovel for one sale.

As for why minorities in general shit on whites while treating each other deferentially, it's a public tantrum many throw, a way of dissing "Whitey" while elevating their own status, however circular the means may be.

by Anonymousreply 40712/19/2012

It doesn't help that American sitcom writers have this stereotype of snotty, sassy, smart-mouthed maids, nurses, cashiers, etc. that just add to the boilerplate of rude (but oh! so rib-ticklingly funny!) female black workers.

One can go as far back as Mammy in Gone with the Wind, but more recent examples are Florence in The Jeffersons and on the current top ten TV hit The Big Bang Theory there are two: the reoccurring role of the ER nurse, and the DMV clerk, (who was played by Oscar winner Octavia Spencer).

Why, it's a hoot when these ladies are rude to their customers!

by Anonymousreply 40812/19/2012

And let us not forget the heroine of "The Help", who found it uproariously funny to defecate in a chocolate pie. Yes, such droll behaviour, isn't it?! HILARIOUS, even.

Ugh. Decline of civilization indeed.

by Anonymousreply 40912/19/2012

What about all the awful black girls on public transit? Jesus fucking Christ, they're obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 41012/19/2012

[quote]but more recent examples are Florence in The Jeffersons

Just how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 41112/19/2012

I just got slapped by some bitch! She had the Nerve to tell me that my Bobbie Brown make-up made me look washed out!

by Anonymousreply 41212/19/2012

Holy fuck! Do racists actually google code words to get here? How did that illiterate troll @R386/388 find this place?

by Anonymousreply 41312/19/2012

Maybe it has something to do with having to interact with rude New Yorkers (like the OP) all day. It would certainly make ME want to piss in somebody's Cheerios.

by Anonymousreply 41412/19/2012

I totally agree with you and have been thinking the same thing almost everyday when I have to DEAL with a black female cashier. I started to see a pattern and the pattern is what you described.

Let me give you the many examples of rude black women I have had to deal with: 1. In line at circle K, black woman in front of me spills her drink. I looked down at my shoes and pants to see if any of it got on me. A normal reaction. The black woman with a horrible attitude looks at me and says " it's not like I got any on you, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" so beyond rude. A normal person would of said excuse me, I am sorry, etc. So I just told her to shut the hell up

2. Black female cashier told me that I threw, yes threw my credit card at her. Okay sure who the hell throws their credit card at a cashier. Not many people, very rare. So she refused to sell me the items I wanted ad refused to give me my credit card back. Started yelling amd screaming, cursing me out so I just called the police.

3. Went to Walgreens in DC, the black female cashier was sitting, yes sitting on a stool behind the register. I walked up to counter to purchase some items amd she just sat there like I did not exist. Quite strange if you ask me. So I waited and waited and waited, then she asks me in an entitled I am above you attitude : what do you want blah blah blah ...... So I told her a pack of cigs x brand she turned around got them then I said oh I am sorry I would like two packs. OMG that was the end of the world for her, god forbid if her little poor self would have to dare turn around again to grab another pack.

4. City was flooding, so decided to fill my car gas tank up. I went inside handed the black female my money, told her pump number, etc then proceeded outside to pump my gas. A gentleman behind me said " if I were you I would go speak to the manager because after you walked out she said that she wasn't going to turn your pump on and make you wait in the rain". Holy how way beyond rude.

I have many many many more stories but I am sick of typing.

by Anonymousreply 41512/19/2012

I've had some black women seem a little rude to me but act very kind to my grandmother and show great respect to her. When that happens, I write off the perceived friction towards me and thank her for being kind to Grandma. Then they warm up a little bit.

Also, I always try to remember that people are sick and irritable and peeps got the diabetes. The diabetes makes people really grouchy.

by Anonymousreply 41612/19/2012

R415, you should have anonymously reported these women. Not all black people are like that , and if they were white you would have reported them.

by Anonymousreply 41712/19/2012

If you were obese and poor and in shitty health and had twelve children by twelve different men you'd probably be pissed, too.

by Anonymousreply 41812/19/2012

La Maldita de la Shanequa es no bueno to los cliente.

Ay ay ay!

by Anonymousreply 41912/19/2012

The shitty attitude is prevalent amongst all races of younger women. No one teaches manners, and these women are very self-centered and rude. It's across the board. What you are meeting are mostly lower-income black women but believe me, you'll get this shit working in universities, supermarkets, law firms, etc.

Middle-aged women act snotty, uppity and entitled too but you'll find them amongst the white race. It's so fucking boring. It's hard to believe that so many women think that hte world revolves around them, and that the point to their lives is finding a wealthy man.

So, OP, what you are encountering is just the front line troops that are meant to take the bullets--the other bitches are the field commanders and they don't work retail, they find men to fool and use up.

by Anonymousreply 42012/19/2012

One tip I can offer you is that when anyone, of any race, disrespects or humiliates you it is important that you do a good deed for someone you love/like. That way you negate the horrible negativity and create a beautiful moment for someone who least expects it--what a wonderful surprise for someone!

by Anonymousreply 42112/19/2012

Some of you must have never been waited on by white gay men. Waiters, retail, it's all the same. Some black femal cashiers may be bad, but explain the white gay male servers and sales people.

by Anonymousreply 42312/19/2012

Many black women have nasty attitudes while many white women have uppity attitudes. Both need to have a stadium full of seats.

by Anonymousreply 42412/19/2012

R424, and don't forget the dragon ladies and the tiger moms!

by Anonymousreply 42512/19/2012

R422, you have a good point and I do see many youngish black women who will not improve their lot in life because a) they are tied down with kids by an absent father and b) they were not raised in a stable home themselves.

Compound that with rap culture with men calling them bitches and hoes and that's it--done deal. These poor women are not taken seriously at all , maybe that's why they lash out on occasion.

From what I see, the whole key to a young black woman's odds of making it is not having children out of wedlock. That's the biggest, most important advantous to have.

Here's what none of us understand: why don't they use birth control?

by Anonymousreply 42612/19/2012

It i had to do that job for 3.50 an hr, I'd be a bitch to u too!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42812/19/2012

Perhaps OP has bitchface. It is a scientific fact that blackwomen tend to be bitchface intolerant.

by Anonymousreply 42912/20/2012

This thread is hilarious. For every one bad experience I have with a black female, I can rattle off five bad experiences I've had with gay men in similar positions. It's like these queens yearn for people to remind them they're just shopgirls so they can drop the attitude!

by Anonymousreply 43112/20/2012

I have worked retail and it was the worst series of jobs I ever had. I was actually an assistant store manager and store manager a few times.

I finally decided that I needed to go back to school in order to escape retail and actually did, however when the economy tanked I was unemployed for almost a year and although I was desperate for work I turned down several retail jobs because I just couldn't stand the thought of going back. I.could.not.do.it.

Working retail is demeaning; your employers are generally assholes; your customers treat you like shit; they routinely trash your store, shoplift; leave product in other areas of the store; if you sell food, they will EAT THE FOOD and leave empty/half empty containers for clerks/other customers to find, etc.

I even read a story online about the phenomenon of customers shitting in stores-- and not in the bathrooms (link below).

If I thought long and hard enough I'd have more examples, but it's too depressing.

Bottom line: It's a job that SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. Be nice to your cashier. Crack a smile. Pretend to be friendly for the 3 friggin' minutes you're at the counter. It might make a difference to the both of you.

by Anonymousreply 43312/20/2012

I work in a store that does not have a public bathroom and yes, some very nasty women have shit and pee in the fitting rooms many times.

by Anonymousreply 43412/20/2012

Everybody is focused on BW but lesbian white women are the worse. They are the spawn of satan!

by Anonymousreply 43512/20/2012

Next time you go into the store OP, wear a wig of really long, straight blonde hair. Run your fingers through your hair, pulling the hair out from the side of your head. Then shake your head back and forth to let your hair settle back down.

I happen to know this squicks out black women. If you REALLY want to make an impression, do it on an elevator a couple of steps above a black woman. You will see the goosebumps rise up on her arms and the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

by Anonymousreply 43612/20/2012

You get what you expect to get. My office is 50% black and 50% white. The Human Resource Manager is black. No attitude allowed and everyone's treated the same. I'm gay. I don't generalize. There's bitches and beauties everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 43712/20/2012

R426 you're a racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 43812/21/2012

How hard would it be to ignore the trolls?

by Anonymousreply 43912/21/2012

[quote]I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them.

That's because we say "Please," "Ma'am," and "Thank you." :)

by Anonymousreply 44012/21/2012

Retail gays or gay waiters r the worse. Those bitches think they own the world. Pluhezzzz bitch! U making minimum wage; get outta here.

by Anonymousreply 44112/23/2012

[quote]I'm a Southern white gay boy, and we know how to relate to black women. They like us and we like them.

This is kind of true. I melt when a black lady says, 'how are you today baby' or 'how many I help you baby'. Anything with baby just works.

by Anonymousreply 44212/23/2012

OP = Red Dragon Cheese Queen

by Anonymousreply 44512/23/2012

thank you for this thread it bothers the fuck outta me

by Anonymousreply 44612/23/2012

R438 How/why is R426 a racist? Was it the birth control comment? Because I don't get that either. how is having a baby/raising a child easier than going to a clinic and getting on birth control? For the life of me I cannot understand it. And if having one kid wasn't enough, you see women with a couple of kids. Wasn't it hard enough raising one child that you are raising, two, three, four kids? Some with different fathers?

by Anonymousreply 44712/23/2012

Bump for ATTITUDE.

by Anonymousreply 44803/31/2013

Bump for black aide bullying white special needs child. Uh ohs. CNN video

by Anonymousreply 44904/01/2013

Should we start a thread about this? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 45004/01/2013

I've approached checkout lines at various stores with several cashiers. I intentionally avoid fat or Black female cashiers, who are always the slowest.

Give me a skinny Asian lady who's cold, efficient and fast ANY day!

by Anonymousreply 45104/01/2013

Death to America.

by Anonymousreply 45204/01/2013

OP, why don't you move to rural Mississippi? I hear the negroes there are much more respectful of their white superiors. .

by Anonymousreply 45404/04/2013

I have that problem when I use the self-check out machines.

by Anonymousreply 45604/04/2013

White gay boiz can be racist! WHO KNEW???

by Anonymousreply 45704/06/2013

There isn't one minority group that can take the high ground on victimhood alone.

by Anonymousreply 45804/06/2013

The folks who post knee-jerk racist remarks must live in a place where they don't see other races that often. If you are out in the world, like in NYC like me, you learn it's not so much of a racial thing as a social thing. Ignorance is color-blind and it's everywhere, so much so that we sometimes forget the numerous exceptions to the rule. Whenever I encounter a rude black woman, and believe me I have, I don't blame race. I blame ignorance. There's a kernel of truth in every stereotype. But not the whole cob.

by Anonymousreply 45904/06/2013

BUMP for Holiday shopgirl grievances.

by Anonymousreply 46012/24/2013

Meh - you lost me at "I live in New York"

by Anonymousreply 46112/24/2013

r459 is right. I'm black. Have lived in NYC for 6 years. Was raised working class but not in the "hood." I'd never in my life encountered black people like the ones I've seen in NYC. That is a truly different type. Hell, I'm a professional guy who generally dresses nicely and conservatively and some of the hoodrat types sneer at ME on the train. Once I very innocuously bent over to get a book out of my bag to read on the train and some black woman started yelling at me aggressively to "get my ass out of her face." It's crazy. Poor blacks in NYC are angry. And scary. And if they make a 5'10 200lb muscular black man uncomfortable, I can imagine what these random WASPS running around the city are feeling.

And before someone calls me an "uncle Tom" or whatever it is we call black people who dare speak this truth, I have a network of black professional friends (execs, heads of private schools, people in publishing, etc) and they say the same things.

This behavior is more depressing than anything else, because I'm very well aware of the socioeconomic factors that cause it but I feel no more responsible for these types than WASPS should be expected to feel for white trash methheads in Appalacia.

by Anonymousreply 46212/24/2013

A cashier at a supermarket here in NYC was fired after she informed me that "No humming is allowed here" when I found myself humming along (quietly) to "Yesterday" on the sound system. I complained to the store manager but in no way hinted that she should be fired. I guess she had a history of behavioral issues and that was the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 46312/24/2013

R463 = Wilhelmina Slater

by Anonymousreply 46412/24/2013

Buy online, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 46512/24/2013

Thanks for being honest R462. It must be a NYC thing, although when I lived there a few years back I didn't notice it.

The worst example I have ever heard of AA nastiness in public was a middle aged black man on the bus here in Seattle opining that AA men should never engage in homosexual activity (to put it politely) like those disgusting whites as "advice" to a younger AA fellow; they both got off at the next stop.

From his tone, I'm inclined to think the OP radiates hostility (or "attitude") in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 46612/24/2013

It all boils down to allowing another person to affect the way you feel. You need some emotional maturity.

by Anonymousreply 46712/24/2013

OP, you can't lay around, watching "Pretty Woman" all day and then decide to go shopping in hooker heels and a tube top. It didn't work on Rodeo Drive either.

by Anonymousreply 46812/24/2013

Dont worry friend, these people are just as surly in Africa ad they are in NYC! In South Africa, in Namibia, in Zimbabwe especially, black cashiers, black workers in general, treat white customers like shit all the time. They are surly, lazy, incompetent and just focused on 'paying back' whites in general for what they perceive as the sins of the colonial legacy. The whites should leave African countries to their own devices for 20 years and return to see the natives degenerated and living in trees again. Sod them sll!

by Anonymousreply 46907/06/2014

Oh please r462, you type white so you probably act white as well. in fact, I bet you aren't black.

by Anonymousreply 47007/06/2014

I live in Oregon in a town with hardly any black people, but I've noticed that older (white in this case) cashiers in general are pretty rude.

by Anonymousreply 47107/06/2014

Almost all service people will respond in the way they are addressed no matter what their color.

And R469 I live in a city where although the ex-pat population is rather small the old Rhodesian and the newer white South African arrivals have made their presence known and are some of the nastiest, finger snapping, sharp elbowed and entitled fellow shoppers one has the misfortune to encounter.

They still think they're running the show even over here and continue to treat people no matter what their color like the Boers they descended from.

by Anonymousreply 47207/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.