Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alsion Goldfrapp is my total goddess. She's like Lady Gaga but less annoying.

Her new video for "Alive" is a tribute to Olivia Newton-John in XANADU and the "Physical" video, and also Kylie Minogue, but by way of Marilyn Manson.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013

"Alison,"not "Alsion."

by Anonymousreply 112/17/2010

And she's a lesbian too! Or at least she's currently seeing a woman.

by Anonymousreply 212/17/2010

Cute video, but the song is awful.%0D %0D The entire new album is pretty terrible. And this comes from someone who fucking loves pretty much everything that came before.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 312/18/2010

mostest boring group of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 412/18/2010

I like some of her stuff. Why aren't they bigger?

by Anonymousreply 512/18/2010

Can't disagree more, R3/R4. "Alive" is awesome, and "Head First" is one of the best albums of the year.

This interview is a good explanation of how they engaged with 80's genre tropes in recent songwriting.

by Anonymousreply 612/18/2010

One of my favorite bands bar none. I love the fact that their albums sound so different from each other instead of giving you more of the same every couple of years. Head First would be worth its admission price for Dreaming alone but the rest of it is also really good.

by Anonymousreply 712/18/2010

Bump for the Tales of Us, Goldfrapp's new album. Very mellow compared to their previous work but hauntingly beautiful. Best album of the year...

by Anonymousreply 809/09/2013

I like their sound, but I wish they were stronger on hooks. Strict Machine is the only track of theirs I listen to regularly.

by Anonymousreply 909/09/2013

She is nothing like Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 1009/09/2013

I love love love them. One of my favorite bands, and best of the 2000's to be sure. Their new album is nice, like a fall companion piece to the summery 7th Tree. Thea is on repeat, and I wish they had made more tracks like it for Tales of Us.

by Anonymousreply 1109/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!