Ryan Reynolds

Jon Hamm

Zac Efron

by Anonymousreply 12101/05/2013

Bradley Cooper

by Anonymousreply 112/08/2010

Anything named "Jonas"

by Anonymousreply 212/08/2010

For some reason straight guys are in love with Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 412/08/2010

Brad Pitt,%0D Keanu Reeves,%0D Tom Cruise (once upon a time, he was considered a heart throb),%0D George Clooney,%0D Ryan Reynolds,%0D %0D %0D To name a few.

by Anonymousreply 512/08/2010

Justin Beiber.

by Anonymousreply 612/08/2010

I can completely understand why Jon Hamm is considered a sex symbol. He possesses classic Hollywood good looks which are pretty rare these days. Think Cary Grant. George Clooney was (or, perhaps, still is) in that category.

by Anonymousreply 712/08/2010

I understand why these men are heartthrobs perfectly.

Ryan Reynolds is funny and good in romantic comedies and has a perfect body. He's also quite handsome.

Asshole or not, Tom Cruise has a body of death. He is also very handsome. The same is true of Bradley Cooper, who is exceptionally handsome and has a great body.

Brad Pitt was once very handsome and once had an amazing body.

Taylor Lautner also has an amazing body.

Jon Hamm has an incredibly handsome face. So does Robert Pattinson. They are both brooding types.

Justin Bieber is completely presexual and thus nonthreatening to preteen girls. So was Zac Efron once, but now he's hunky and attractive to older girls.

This all seems pretty straightforward to me. In all these cases except Bieber's, the men are either exceptionally handsome or they have great bodies, or both. What more do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 812/08/2010

I don't get how anyone doesn't get how incredibly handsome Jon Hamm is. Like George Clooney ten years ago, he reminds me of a classic Hollywood star: Cary Grant, Gregory Peck, William Holden. Bradley Cooper, on the other hand, looks like a fox -- an actual fox. With his beady little eyes, sharp nose, and thin, thin lips, he was born to define the word "vulpine." How in the world can anyone think of him as sexy?

by Anonymousreply 912/08/2010

Sorry, I don't 'get' John Hamm. I certainly don't think he's ugly, but his features are nothing special. He's quite average.

by Anonymousreply 1012/08/2010

I don't get the John Hamm love, either. He's plain.

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2010

I don't get Justin Timberlake at all. He's hideous.

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2010

Andre The Giant

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2010

I totally get John Hamm in the context of his character on "Mad Men." He's like the Fonz on "Happy Days."

The appeal of Clooney, though has always eluded me, regardless of what character he's played. He's blandly handsome, I suppose, but there's an underlying smarminess and self-regard that cancels out the sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2010

I have never figured out the appeal of Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2010

Clooney is simian.

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2010

Brad Pitt is hot.

Is this guy more your type, r15:

by Anonymousreply 1712/08/2010

What is so special about Brad Pitt? What is his appeal?

How did he become an A-list star and others did not?

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2010

The Justin Bieber thing alludes me. I know teen girls like nonthreatening guys, but he's a midget with lesbian face. I wonder about the girls who like him. Are they latent bisexuals/lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 1912/08/2010

Because he('s beautiful and sexy and charming and can actually act and) made friends with the right people.

by Anonymousreply 2012/08/2010

Kellan Lutz is another one. Horrifying face.

by Anonymousreply 2112/08/2010

Bieber is suppossed to be 16/17, but he looks like he never went through puberty. I wonder if he has a testosterone deficiency and/or excessive estrogen.

by Anonymousreply 2212/08/2010

I don't get the ones who look like they smell bad (Pitt, Depp, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 2312/08/2010

Bieber is actually Linda Hunt after extensive plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 2412/08/2010

Robert Pattinson has a flat face, crooked nose and fucked up eyebrows. Plus he looks unwashed and smells bad. The girls only like him because he's Edward Cullen. Even the ugliest guy in the world were cast in that role, the girls would fall all over themselves.

Lautner has a good body but he's short and his face is all kinds of bad. Like some kind of smushed up dog.

by Anonymousreply 2512/08/2010

They're both hot, r23. Men are hot when they're messy. Mannequins and robots are not sexy to most of us.

by Anonymousreply 2612/08/2010

Pattinson is ok. Lautner is butt ass ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2712/08/2010

There have been many accounts that Depp, Pitt, Pattinson actually smell. Of BO. That's not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2812/08/2010

Some BO actually is attractive. Not people who smell like lunch meat, but sexy man BO is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 2912/08/2010

Leonardo DiCaprio-- that oversized head with its scrunched up rodent-like features, combined with that adenoidal pubescent voice...

Other than that.. Superhot!

by Anonymousreply 3012/08/2010

"I don't get the John Hamm love, either. He's plain."

Bitch if more "plain" men looked like the Hamm Sandwich I'd be really happy.

by Anonymousreply 3112/08/2010

Pattison has his work cut out for him post-Twilight. If his first few movies aren't successes he's done for as a leading man. Those dumb vampire movies are certainly a mixed blessing. Kristen Stewart's non Twilight work is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 3212/08/2010

I had no idea Brad had a nose job or that his hair was ginger.

by Anonymousreply 3312/08/2010

You have bad taste, r31.

by Anonymousreply 3412/08/2010

Pattinson looked gorgeous in the Harry Potter movie(s). But those are hugely budgeted films that use a lot of special effects--not the least of which make their young stars appear more attractive.%0D %0D I've never seen the Mormon vampire movies, since I'm not a fat Mormon teenager, but Pattinson doesn't fair nearly as well in entertainment news coverage, where the special effects are minimal.%0D %0D Ryan Reynolds and Taylor Lautner both have extremely fit bodies. It's not always about "non-threatening males" with teenage girls. Although you can argue that they give off a gay vibe and are "non-threatening" in that way. It's like having your sex and fucking it too.

by Anonymousreply 3512/08/2010

Ryan Reynolds looks like he has Down Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 3612/08/2010

Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It was the single hottest actor I have ever seen. And he is SO not my type. Jon Hamm IS my type and I think he is drop dead gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 3712/08/2010

Will Smith %0D %0D Robert Pattinson%0D %0D Justin Beiber%0D %0D Ryan Reynolds%0D %0D Jake Gyllenhaal%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3812/08/2010

I love Jon Hamm, but I'd love him more if he were taller and had fuller lips. There's something very "Keanu Reeves if he weren't Hapa" about him... it's odd, but I kinda dig it.

Ryan Reynolds and Kellan Lutz can fall off the planet for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 4012/08/2010

George Clooney from, say, 10-15 years ago was very handsome but he looked so much like my father who was anything but a nice person that it killed any attraction I may have felt towards him.

by Anonymousreply 4112/08/2010

Ratfaced Bradley Cooper. That will NOT age well.

by Anonymousreply 4212/08/2010

OP, I agree with your list EXCEPT for Jon Hamm, who I happen to find the sexiest, dreamiest heart-throbbiest of heartthrobs around.

by Anonymousreply 4312/08/2010

Bea Arthur

by Anonymousreply 4412/08/2010

Robert Pattinson has stated that he doesn't know how to use a washing machine, so he buys underwear, wears the same pair for a few days, and then throws 'em away. Filthy drawers could account for much of his odor. He also steals most of his underwear from his movie sets.

by Anonymousreply 4512/08/2010

Because American Females are attracted to closeted gay actors OP.

Taylor Lautner

Robert Pattinson

Ryan Reynolds

Zac Efron

are closeted gay actors.

Brad Pitt too old. John Hamm? too ugly, you are making that one up. Are you John Hamms agent?

by Anonymousreply 4612/08/2010

[quote]Robert Pattinson has stated that he doesn't know how to use a washing machine, so he buys underwear, wears the same pair for a few days, and then throws 'em away. Filthy drawers could account for much of his odor. He also steals most of his underwear from his movie sets.%0D %0D %0D %0D That is absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 4712/08/2010

Tom Cruise never had a "body of death." He worked it out to its maximum potential, but it was never particularly attractive. Short, stocky, hairless and weird nipple placement.

Hugh Jackman had, and has, a "body of death."

by Anonymousreply 4812/08/2010

Johnny Depp

Brad Pitt

All of the kids (Taylor, Rob, Justin Beeber, Jonas bros, etc)

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2010

I got the Brad Pitt thing when he was young. He was HOT in Thelma and Louise and beautiful in A River Runs Through It and Legends of the Fall. But his looks really ran out around 1994 or so and now he looks like a scraggly old man.

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2010

Ryan Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 5112/08/2010

R46, you think Jon Hamm is UGLY? Man, you're in serious need of some glasses. Or taste.

by Anonymousreply 5212/08/2010

Here's one for the other old trolls: Anthony Geary. Luke Spencer was the man of 'every' woman's dreams - except he looked like Richard Simmons on a bad day.

I never understood that one.

by Anonymousreply 5312/08/2010

R46, since when is Ryan Reynolds closeted?

by Anonymousreply 5412/08/2010

Brad Pitt, he looks like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 5512/08/2010

Will Smith is hot but not my type, Tom Cruise & Brad Pitt are.

by Anonymousreply 5612/08/2010

Go get 'em, girls! Get out your nails, ladies! Rip this list to SHREADS, gurleenas!

by Anonymousreply 5712/09/2010

Brad Pitt is handsome. No one with eyes could dispute that. But he is and has always been bland, bland, bland. Like Robert Redford. There is just something "anemic" about his looks. "Too" perfect or something. Totally not sexy. He was a specimen around the time of Thelma and Louise, to be sure. Never did a thing for me. Ever.%0D %0D Taylor Lautner looks like a pig. Literally.%0D %0D Jon Hamm is sexy in the Mad Men role but not "gorgeous" otherwise. And he has a doughy, out of shape body.%0D %0D Robert Pattinson is DISGUSTING. I imagine he has skidmarks in his underwear. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 5812/09/2010

Robert Redford turned down River Phoenix and instead cast Brad Pitt in A River Run through it because he looks just like him. Ego much?

by Anonymousreply 5912/09/2010

Anthony Geary might not have been handsome in any sense, but he did have sex appeal.

I don't get the appeal of Jake G.

by Anonymousreply 6012/09/2010

Another oldie: William Hurt. I never got that one.

by Anonymousreply 6112/09/2010

"For some reason straight guys are in love with Brad Pitt."

Why is that?

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 6212/11/2010

I never understood Jude Law

by Anonymousreply 6312/11/2010

R63, watch "The Talented Mr. Ripley."

by Anonymousreply 6412/11/2010

Bea Arthur%0D %0D Jake Gynecoliwhatever%0D %0D Jude Law%0D %0D Brad Pitt - not even handsome. Just average.%0D %0D Robert Pattinson%0D %0D Ryan Reynolds%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 6512/12/2010

More, please?

by Anonymousreply 6612/12/2010

I can somewhat see Tom Cruise as a heartthrob.

What I can't for the life of me understand is why anyone thinks he can act.

by Anonymousreply 6712/12/2010

I echo those who said George Clooney. Don't see the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 6812/12/2010

Josh Duhamel. Dont get it.

Most "heartthrob" professional athletes, Tom Brady, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez...their hotness is a complete fabrication of the media.

All average looking.

by Anonymousreply 6912/12/2010

Wow, I don't think Tom Brady is "average looking" at all. Very handsome.

Robert Pattison, Gerard Butler, and Antonio Banderas spring to mind. I'm sure I'll think of others.

by Anonymousreply 7012/12/2010

[quote]Jon Hamm is sexy in the Mad Men role but not "gorgeous" otherwise. And he has a doughy, out of shape body.%0D %0D This is true I'm afraid. Jon Hamm has a beautiful face but his body is just meh. It's clear he's not a gym rat (which, oddly enough, I still find appealing).%0D %0D Looks good in his suits, though.

by Anonymousreply 7112/12/2010

George Clooney and Ryan Reynolds. I just don't get the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 7212/12/2010

Jon Hamm has sort of a DILF thing going on. He looks like one of those hot dads you see at the mall stuck with a bunch of whining kids and a nagging wife. You know the kind, you lock eyes with them and they have this look like they'd love for you to follow them to the bathroom and suck them off because lord knows his wife won't. It'd be his only escape from his mundane 9-5 life outside of golfing with the other DILFs from the block.

by Anonymousreply 7312/12/2010

"Jon Hamm is sexy in the Mad Men role but not "gorgeous" otherwise. And he has a doughy, out of shape body."%0D %0D Which is totally appropriate to the period. Professional men of that era may have exercised a little, but too much working out cut into their smoking and drinking time. %0D %0D As for George Clooney... he is photogenic, at least in close shots. When the camera zooms in, he looks masculine, handsome, and charismatic. When the camera shows his whole body, he looks like a little man with a big head, and no muscles.

by Anonymousreply 7412/12/2010

How do you not get Ryan Reynolds?!? He's fucking hot to death. AND funny!%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7512/12/2010

A few other oldies I never got:%0D %0D John Travolta - always just plain goofy looking and the characters he played were always a little dimwitted%0D %0D Shaun Cassidy - somewhat chinless%0D %0D David Cassidy - really average%0D %0D Leif Garrett - rodentlike fug

by Anonymousreply 7612/12/2010

He's not a famous actor but I really never get why everyone thinks Halle Berry's ex Gabriel Aubry(sp?) is so hot. I've seen plenty of pictures of him and though I find him attractive, he just seems to be one of these guys that people automatically label as "gorgeous!" and "beautiful!" even though I see 10 times better-looking guys just walking the streets of NYC every day.%0D %0D But whatever.

by Anonymousreply 7712/12/2010

Dirty and unattractive Johnny Depp. Never understood his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 7812/12/2010

Darren Criss (Blaine, Glee). Extremely average to me. Never found him hot in the least.

by Anonymousreply 7912/12/2010

Though I appreciated Johnny Depp's acting, I was never much of a fan of his sex appeal until I rewatched Chocolat. He is very sexy and handsome to me now.

by Anonymousreply 8012/12/2010

Matt Damon--great actor but I've been trying to figure out his so-called sex appeal for the past fifteen years or so. Don't get it...ass and all.

Johnny Depp--again..great actor. To me there's *zero* sex appeal. His wife, Vanessa Paradis, is wayyy hotter.

Robert Pattison--again--don't get it. ot even his nude gay scenes in that movie were remotely interesting. Don't know if it's the twink/Twihard thing surrounding him, but I don't get the sexbomb status.

by Anonymousreply 8112/12/2010

Going back some generations, I never got the appeal of Tom Cruies, Tom Sellick, Burt Reynolds or Elvis Presley.

by Anonymousreply 8212/12/2010

Matt Damon like Robert Redford are not good looking.

by Anonymousreply 8312/12/2010

cross-eyed Ryan Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 8412/12/2010

Leonardo DiCaprio

Adrien Brody

by Anonymousreply 8512/12/2010

I don't think Adrien Brody is considered a heartthrob, per se, but I do find him incredibly sexy. I think it's the nose. Plus, he has such great style.

by Anonymousreply 8612/12/2010

I can't get past Lautner's jacked up snout.

(shudder)

by Anonymousreply 8712/12/2010

Glad I'm not the only one who fails to see the appeal of Matt Damon, bubble-butt or no.

by Anonymousreply 8812/14/2010

Jake Gyllenhall (sp?)%0D %0D He can't act.%0D %0D He looks like he's a D+ student.%0D %0D He was awful in BBM.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8905/15/2011

Nothing astounds me more than Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 9005/15/2011

Justin Bieber gets more child like the older he gets. It's bizarre.

Jake Gyllenhaal's face reminds me of a neanderthal. He has a good body though.

Taylor Lautner has the face of a pig and the voice of a little girl. And he's short.

Robert Pattinson has a flat, unremarkable face, and there's certain times I think he has downs syndrome. He also has a pasty, flabby body and doesn't bathe.

Kellan Lutz has tard face

Zac Efron looks greasy and his eyes are always squinting.

Jon Hamm does nothing for me looks wise, but I think he's talented.

George Clooney: I don't get the appeal and he's always smug smug smug.

Brad Pitt hasn't been hot for at least 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 9105/15/2011

[quote]George Clooney: I don't get the appeal and he's always smug smug smug%0D %0D I've never found George Clooney attractive at all, but that's just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 9205/15/2011

Agree with OP's list except for Jon Hamm. JH has classic looks and body which would make him believable as a gun slinger in the wild west, a former soldier from one of the great wars or a me generation Wall street broker from the 1980's. His bod isn't roided or gym rat which is a good choice for an actor since it doesn't limit him to a particular 'historical period'. He also gives off a very masculine vibe. I'm not even into men but I can see his appeal to straight women. Something very male and 'all man' about him.%0D %0D Brad Pitt has a rat face. Remember seeing him in person before all the microdermabrasion and procedures and the acne scars were hideous. He's bland and even more boring now since he lost his youthful body.

by Anonymousreply 9305/15/2011

If you can't understand why John Hamm is a heartthrob, you must be blind.

by Anonymousreply 9507/17/2011

Clive Owen

Javier Bardem

Daniel Craig

by Anonymousreply 9607/17/2011

George Clooney

by Anonymousreply 9707/17/2011

OP, who's a heartthrob in your book? I believe you're bullshitting.

by Anonymousreply 9807/17/2011

Backstreet Boys.

by Anonymousreply 9907/18/2011

both Justins

by Anonymousreply 10007/18/2011

Adam Lambert%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 10107/18/2011

I never 'got' the attractiveness of Brad Pitt. An insipid-looking guy with chipmunk cheeks that can't really act. Not manly at all. And I'm a straight gal.

by Anonymousreply 10207/18/2011

I don't know who half these people are.

by Anonymousreply 10307/18/2011

I love guys like Josh Lucas and Patrick Wilson. To me, they ooze sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 10407/18/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 10502/26/2012

Kevin James. I just have never gotten the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 10602/26/2012

Even in his prime, Brad looked like the nice kid working in the corner gas station.

by Anonymousreply 10702/26/2012

In his prime, Brad Pitt looked the nice kid at the corner gas station who I would give my left nut to suck off.

by Anonymousreply 10802/26/2012

R19, I think most of them are just young. They're 13 years old and he looks 13 years old. Lesbians don't consider him "a heartthrob" but do constantly joke about him being a lesbian icon (see: Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber).

I kind of get who most of them end up considered heartthrobs if I think about it. There are only a few I get in the sense of seeing something attractive in them. Johnny Depp and Keanu Reeves I think have good looking faces and have had a few interesting characters, that is attractive. Robert Pattinson is considered a heartthrob because he played Edward Cullen but I've seen him in interviews and I think he's charming in an awkward, geeky, adorable way (not necessarily sexy).

by Anonymousreply 10902/26/2012

David Beckham. He's okay and all, but I have seen MUCH hotter.

by Anonymousreply 11002/26/2012

George Clooney

by Anonymousreply 11102/27/2012

Did OP really put Taylor "a purse is falling out of my mouth, Renesemee" alongside Brad Pitt?

by Anonymousreply 11202/27/2012

Eddie Redmayne

by Anonymousreply 11301/05/2013

Out of left field, but I've known several women who claim Prince (yes, Purple Rain Prince) as a hot, gorgeous sex symbol. Yuck, yuck. I've never met any gay man that feels the same. Can any women educate me on why they would be attracted to that ugly little man?

by Anonymousreply 11401/05/2013

R114, I am a gay man, and as I've written here before, I was deeply sexually attracted to Prince. I'm the only gay man I know who has been attracted to him. He's also the only black man to whom I've ever been attracted. I like very feminine men, and he had an extremely feminine beauty and curvaceous, sexy feminine body. He was also very sexy in movement. Pity he had to become a Jehovah's Witness and got away from his "nasty" music and persona.

by Anonymousreply 11501/05/2013

R115 = Jamie Foxx

by Anonymousreply 11601/05/2013

With a cock as big as Jon Hamm's, he doesn't have to be super pretty. That being said, he is a handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 11701/05/2013

R69 Maybe this will help.

by Anonymousreply 11801/05/2013

Jack Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 11901/05/2013

Add me to the list of people who don't get Brad Pitt's appeal. He looks simple.

I find Taylor Lautner very attractive, though - can't really explain that one.

by Anonymousreply 12001/05/2013

Straight girl here and Hamm is super sexy.

by Anonymousreply 12101/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.