Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When you were a kid, were you ever spanked?

What did you do to get spanking? Who spanked you and how? How was it delivered; by hand, by switch, by belt or by the bottom of a slipper?%0D %0D Did you cry? Did you ever do it again?

by Anonymousreply 12104/13/2015

Yes, I was spanked. My parents had a thick "rod" that had Biblical sayings on it about spanking kids. They got it from their church. My mom and dad both spanked us. Of course I cried. That shit hurt. My dad once hit my brother so hard with it that it broke. He hit him for interrupting an argument that my folks were having. Did I ever do what again?

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2010

A friend was beaten with a strap by his foreign-born parents and now likes to be spanked with paddle.

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2010

I got it with that wooden paddle toy thing that used to have a small red ball attached by a rubber band. After 15 min of playing with it, the rubber band usually snapped off making it the perfect 'punisher.'

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2010

Yeah, I was spanked as a kid. It was always Mom and she used her hand. I did cry, but I think it was more out of anger / frustration / humiliation than actual pain. I always deserved it though. Mom was very clear on the rules and I knew that if you do something you aren't supposed to that you'd get spanked.

I remember even thinking about stuff before doing it...knowing that if I got caught it meant a was it worth it? Sometimes it was!

I think I was about 6 when I was spanked for the last time. I remember forcing myself to not laugh cause it didn't hurt, but I knew that would make Mom REALLY mad, so best to act like it was a punishment.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2010

Yes, and I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 612/07/2010

Dad used a belt all the time, from when I was small until I was nearly a teenager. He'd say "grab your ankles" and I'd get hit usually three times.

Mom had a temper that would flare up a lot. I think she had chronic PMS before it was ever considered a condition. She used to slap me. Once when I was probably four I was taking a bath and she told me to scoop water on my head so she could put shampoo on. She didn't tell me when she put it there and I apparently rinsed it off with one of the scoops. She smacked me really hard on my shoulder. I started crying and she knew she'd overreacted because she apologized. Another time she lost her temper because I was arguing with my brother and she backed me into a corner and started hitting me with a clunky shoe she happened to be holding (this was in the 70s). We never knew how to act around her because her temper would flare up for nearly anything.

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2010

My Dad did the spanking (early 70s).... either by hand or belt.%0D %0D Always for something semi serious.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2010

My mom never hit us with it, but she was always threatening us with a bullwhip from Mexico. She really got off on swinging it around and telling us what would happen if we misbehaved until one day I got tired of that (I must have been eight or nine) and waited until she wasn't looking, folded it in a newspaper, and threw it in the dumpster.

A year or so later, her brother brought her another bullwhip, and she celebrated by swinging it around with a relish that made me sit quietly until she got bored and went into another room, and then I repeated my act and tossed it.

Those whips were nasty things -- braided leather with a weighted handle...

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2010

I did. And I continue to get spanked to this very day.

by Anonymousreply 1212/07/2010

r7 the Astin Boys

by Anonymousreply 1312/07/2010

I get spanked after a bad concert.

by Anonymousreply 1412/07/2010

Of course. Deep South, early 70s, everyone spanked children. My Dad used his hand; Mom used the flyswatter (that think would sting!), or she would slap our faces ("I'll knock your block off!").

If you misbehaved at school, you were sent to stand out in the hallway. The principal came by and gave you three "licks" on the buttocks. But now that I remember, most teachers had their own paddles as well; you would be given "licks" in front of the entire class on occasion. This was absolutely non-controversial.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2010

Yes, but on few enough occasions that I can recall each one. The humiliation and shame alone was enough to make me behave and largely avoid it. My mother used her hand, but my father used a belt. He died when I was 2, so I can't remember really.%0D %0D As much as I hated it, I was always fascinated by it as a kid and sought it out in stories etc. That has not changed.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2010

Dad spanked me then. Now I spank my boy.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2010

I have a feeling r16 is being serious.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2010

in Jr High (7-9th grade) the gym and shop teachers (and a few others) had paddles. Most infractions got you one "swat". serious infractions got you three. Smoking or fighting got you sent to the vice principal who doled out up to five swats. Only the guys got paddled (SEXISM!!). I only saw one guy cry. he and another guy were throwing tennis shoes at guys on the trampoline when the teacher walked in. He gave the one guy three very hard ones and the other guy who was kind of a bully melted into a quivering bowl of jelly on the floor. The teacher who was about 6'8" and huge lifted up his feet and gave him the hardest swats I ever saw. He cried. We all got to see his beet red ass in the showers after class. He tried to laugh it off, but he lost his ability to bully anyne. He became a joke.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2010

Welts on the back of my legs from more than one switching.%0D

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2010

why is r7 like the Astin boys?

by Anonymousreply 2612/07/2010

I don't remember ever being spanked, but my parents certainly threatened it often enough. My father threatened to tan our hides either with his belt, which he would make into a loop and snap -- thus engendering great fear -- or a leather razor strop from a barber shop. My mother threatened with a wooden spoon.

When I was about 11 or so, I talked back to my mother -- once. For my efforts she slapped me across the face. I never did that again.

by Anonymousreply 2712/07/2010

You know what?

I NEVER was and now I LURVE spanking, giving and receiving. I'm obssessed with it!

by Anonymousreply 2812/07/2010

We got spanked by dad with his hand. We were always warned ahead of time and we always deserved it. There were no surprises. The #1 problem today is parents not spanking their spoiled brats.

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2010

I wanna meet R 16

by Anonymousreply 3312/07/2010

My mom spanked me with her hand or with her belt. When I got older, she slapped me instead.

My dad only spanked me once.

by Anonymousreply 3512/07/2010

I was never spanked, but I can think of many times when I should have been, or at least put in jail overnight.

by Anonymousreply 3612/07/2010

Can think of only two occasions that occurred when I was about four years old. I was deservedly slapped in the face for really pissing off my Mom.

Once she was on the phone (the kind attached to the wall with a short cord) and I was doing all kinds of crazy shit to get her attention, like taking apart the kitchen, putting the cat in the fish tank, etc..

The other time happened when she left me in the car parked in front of Safeway.

Again, I got bored and thought she was taking too long, yet I knew intuitively that I was "misbehaving" - one of her favorite words. I could see that she was standing in a long line at the checkout counter with her overstuffed cart, which meant nothing to me at the time. But it was hilarious to watch all of the customers (including my horrified mother) and the checkers all looking out at me as I leaned on the horn and waved to them. For like 15 minutes. Thinking about it still makes me giggle.

The slapping incidents represented extreme embarrassment and shame. This was an upper middle-class WASP family. Social manners meant everything and you learned this very early on.

I remember recounting to my parents terrifying stories of seeing other kids get spanked. I saw some creepy stuff go down on my playmates involving belts, sticks, firepokers, oh, and bars of soap! My parents did not register much sympathy. It was simply understood that WE were non-physical Episcopalians, and that imperfect behavior would be met with psychological terror, instead.

Poor lady had to keep me occupied at all times for the next 14 years. I was constantly 'experimenting', exploring, and asking too many questions, and on the verge of creating chaos. But by age 5, all it took was Mom's raised eyebrow, smirk, or sarcasm to control me.

I suppose I'm lucky that she's too dead now to see all of the bitchy things I post on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 3812/08/2010

Tell Carol Ann you're gonna give her a SPANKIN'!

by Anonymousreply 4112/08/2010

Jesus Christ r30: Misplaced anger much? You sound like a crazy person.

You're really angry at your parents for abusing you, not at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 4212/08/2010

R16 made me spit out my wine. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 4312/08/2010

[quote]to this day, a shiver goes up when I hear a leather belt ripped quickly out of belt loops. A distinctive sound, that.%0D %0D I love that sound!

by Anonymousreply 4412/08/2010

[quote]I love that sound!%0D %0D Shwoop.

by Anonymousreply 4512/08/2010

Spanked is such a hilarious word. It makes me think of sex games. I would say smacked.

To answer the question, no. My dad was a teacher though and he always told us jokingly that he would have done if it couldn't have got him the sack.

by Anonymousreply 4612/08/2010

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

by Anonymousreply 4812/08/2010

For those old enough to remember Dr. Benjamin Spock, the result of his methods lead to the phrase "When They Should Have Been Spanked, They Were Spocked." %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2010

I was spanked. My parents used a switch off the willow tree, the track from a Hot Wheels race track, a wooden kitchen spoon, and my dad's Marine Corps leather belt. It was cut in half, one side had a hand grip and slits cut in to it, the other half of the belt was just the belt. %0D %0D %0D It seemes extreme now, but at the time I'm sure I deserved the spankings. I don't remember what I did most of the time to get the spankings, but I do remember my brother and I had gotten caught ridding our bikes along the highway when we were maybe 5 & 7. People have told me that my parents abused me becauseof the spankings, but they are judging behavior in the 60's by the laws of today. My parents weren't mean, they never hit us when they were angry,(tho sometimes I had wished they would, waitng for them to not be angry, knowing the spanking was coming was horrible)and I'm 100% sure i deserved the spankings I got

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2010

All those fuckers we sent to Washington to represent us need a good whipiing, starting at the top.

by Anonymousreply 5212/08/2010

Yes, by my dad. Wooden paddle on the bare ass. Over the knee initially; later bent over the back of a chair. Hell yes I cried. I begged for mercy before he started but to no avail. He went by color, not tears: I could count on my butt ending up anywhere from glowing pink to deep red. That translates to from about 20 swats (minor offense) up to too many to count. Still, after all that, I think people have gone too far in the other direction. No kids, though, so I don't have to make that decision.

by Anonymousreply 5312/08/2010

R10 made me LOL. Yes, I was spanked and I hated it and it was often over the slightest thing. Also, we lived across the hall from a couple where the husband had a thick wooden paddle with something written on it about bums or spankings. It hung on the wall right next to the door where everyone could see it and he would often point it out. I think that these parents were over the top in their zeal for discipline but some of the brats today, including teenagers, I would LOVE to see get a few good cracks on the ass from those wooden paddles. Gawd knows so many of them need it and deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 5612/08/2010

yes. a lot of things that I deserved it for, some I didn't. mother. yes. yes. yes. no. yes. sometimes.%0D

by Anonymousreply 5712/08/2010

Yes, but my father was never able to wipe the smirk off of my face.

by Anonymousreply 6012/08/2010

God, r40. Your post is almost my exact experience. My Mom spanked me once with a wooden spoon. After that, all she had to do was wave it at me and I stopped doing whatever it was I doing.

My dad actually spanked me once. Not hard, and then he sent me to my room. He came in crying about 15 minutes later, apologizing.

I thought, man, I can use this in the future. Which I did.

by Anonymousreply 6312/08/2010

This leads to another question. Do you think that you were a better child because you were spanked? Did it help you respect your parents or fear them. I ask, because I don't anyone who spanks their children anymore. Does a time out have the same effect as a spanking?

by Anonymousreply 6412/08/2010

OP biggest spanking fetish ever!

by Anonymousreply 6812/08/2010

I was spanked by my father. I'd get what he would refer to as "six of the best." He used his hand on my bare ass. If I struggled or cried he would add on more smacks. My mother very rarely even tried to spank me, she would lock me in my room until my father got home from work. Then I'd hear him coming up the stairs, taking about four stairs in a step, and he'd turn the key and enter my room and the beating would begin. I deserved it, I was a very rude child who would curse at my parents. I was spanked until I was probably about 13 years old. %0D At school we were "given the cane" for the most minor of offences. Sometimes these canings would be given in front of the class, sometimes in the principal's office, where they would be longer and harsher. %0D Given all that, I completely agree with r32.

by Anonymousreply 6912/08/2010

Spanked by both parents. Dad was consistent, using his hand or belt. Mom was more a spanker of opportunity. Sure, she's used her hand or a belt like Dad, when she had time to think it through, but she also would grab anything near her if she thought it get the job done. Some of her weapons included wire hangers, wiffle-ball bat, metal curtain rod, large kitchen whisk, extension cords, wooden ruler, etc.

Hated getting punished in summer while wearing shorts, as both parents aim was off and bare upper thighs could take the hit. Depending on the offense, sometimes pants and underwear were ordered pulled down for spanking.

Mom also was a big fan of making us take a huge bite of soap when we lied. That heavy duty Lava soap - do they still make that?

Seriously, my parents did not seem that different when it came to punishment than the parents of other kids I knew. And punishment was usually for breaking rules and earned. My Mom would hit us out of anger sometimes, whereas my Dad always hit us for a specific reason.

I know people think it is child abuse - but back then it was the norm. I harbor no horrible feelings toward them, as this was what they knew to be the right way to discipline a child. I do think kids today are not disciplined, particularly the 5-10 years olds, who know better, and you see continually holding their parents hostage with bad behavior, tantrums and out-in-out disobedience. Many would benefit from big swap on the ass.

by Anonymousreply 7112/08/2010

Could we please have Joan's Grandson in this thread, please?

by Anonymousreply 7212/08/2010

R55=idiot. Many people need an attitude adjustment. Republican voters, for instance. Right to the jaw. It's nature's way of clearing people's ear drums.%0D %0D I was spanked exactly twice and both times for the same offence: writing on the wall. Didn't bother me in the slightest.%0D %0D I really didn't like it when my dad used to stick things up my butt, though, as he made me stand with my legs so far apart I could barely stand for minutes at a time! And I could only take three fingers comfortably.%0D

by Anonymousreply 7312/08/2010

THIS thread makes me horny

by Anonymousreply 7412/08/2010

Spanking fetish = daddy issues?

by Anonymousreply 7512/09/2010

Now you've done it, R77

by Anonymousreply 7812/09/2010

Me misbehaving%0D %0D Parent "Do you want a slap?"%0D Me "No"%0D Parent "Behave yourself then'%0D %0D and I did or I got a slap.%0D %0D Parents don't discipline today hence the endless supply of ill behaved children%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7912/09/2010

Yes, but I probably needed them. Always with hand, from my mom and dad. Grandmother Joan would just give you withering stare and scold you if you acted up. Very glam!

by Anonymousreply 8012/09/2010

I have mixed feelings on spanking kids. All my dad had to do was look at me and I would fall in line. I don't know if that was fear or respect, but either way I didn't make a fool of myself in public like I see a lot of kids doing now. Kids are yelling and screaming and demanding and the parents are trying to be rational. How does that even work?

by Anonymousreply 8112/09/2010

Yes, ...remember those orange Hot Wheels tracks? they hurt like hell.

by Anonymousreply 8212/09/2010

Neither of my parents had much tolerance for disobedience or what came to be called "acting out", and both smacked me, but very rarely -- in the way that hysterical adults are smacked/startled back to their senses in TV and films. %0D %0D It was either after a warning (or two) to stop doing something disruptive, or to when I had put myself in real danger (traffic, electricity, fire, or a fall.) %0D %0D There were never any delayed punishments of the "wait until your father/mother comes home" sort, banishments to my room, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8312/09/2010

Mom was a real "wait 'til your father gets home" type, although she did smack us herself as well. I don't think my dad ever smacked us on his was always at Mom's request.%0D

by Anonymousreply 8412/09/2010

Oh, and how come Joan Crawford never spanked her twins? I just watched the new show on celebrity wills, and her darling twins got everything, but the wire-hanger.

by Anonymousreply 8512/09/2010

I still love being slapped

by Anonymousreply 8712/11/2010

On the ass r87?

by Anonymousreply 8812/11/2010

Geez R86, I got A LOT worse than that and I hold no grudges against either parent. I feel sorry for your poor dad...parents make mistakes. It's not like he beat the shit out of you everyday. %0D %0D And that was the 1950s when corporal punishment was 100% approved.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8912/11/2010

My father was 20 when I born and in his mid 20s looked like a young Nick Nolte with jeans white T shirt that showed off his great biceps. Several times he beat with me with his his brown leather belt.

The pain of the beating and the sense of shame and degradation were overpowering and confusing as somehow it all felt strangely pleasurable.

My father was often drunk and died of a stroke at 60. We had not spoken in 15 years. My mother once mentioned that he said I wasn't the son he wanted. As a child I wasn't interested in sports and was obviously gay.

These events no doubt contributed to my being a promiscuous bottom who's always sought domination.

by Anonymousreply 9012/11/2010

My mom didn't spank me, at least not more than a quick smack on the butt that didn't really hurt but my dad did spanking that hurt when I was really young. He used a belt. I only have one memory of it happening once and am not sure if it even happened more than once. But for a few years after that he would get me to behave by just snapping a belt or asking if he needed to get his belt.%0D %0D I can't even remember what got me a spanking. Probably fighting with my brother or crying about something stupid.%0D

by Anonymousreply 9112/11/2010

I was slapped hard and often

I didn't forget it

by Anonymousreply 9212/15/2010

I was whipped constantly with a belt by my mom.

by Anonymousreply 9312/15/2010

Friend of mine grew up in a very religious household. When she turned 18 she had a very serious boyfriend that she slept with. Her parents somehow found out and her dad actually spanked her for it. And yes, she has a spanking fetish.

by Anonymousreply 9412/15/2010

We would all get spanked after a long road trip.

There were 5 of us under the age of eight and drove my Dad nuts...very small car,a wife who never said a word to him,and traveling for something like 8 hours made him a mad man.

Any other time he was the sweetest .

by Anonymousreply 9512/15/2010

Sweet daddies deserve to spank

by Anonymousreply 9612/16/2010

being spanked as a child made me more disciplined. it also made me a submissive bottom

by Anonymousreply 9712/16/2010

I posted this in the worst presents ever thread. I must say it was pretty typical of the attitude of the time:

"When I was about 8, a relative gave me an elaborately wrapped tie box, with the cryptic comment that my dad would get more use from it but I'd get the benefits. It turned out to be a novelty paddle with a picture of a bear and a deer on it, printed with 'For the little deer with the bear behind.'

Of course, my dad wasted no time in drumming up an excuse to try out his new toy that very day, following the directions on the device, and applying it vigorously to my bare bottom."

Hadn't thought of this in years, until recently reading this thread. As you can imagine, the paddling was far more excessive than the mostly imaginary crime warranted--all for my dad to show his cousin what a strict diciplinarian he was.

by Anonymousreply 9812/18/2010

that honestly sounds hot - or made-up

by Anonymousreply 9912/18/2010

Thank you sir, can I have another?

by Anonymousreply 10012/18/2010

[quote]What shocks me is how many of you that were spanked say you deserved it. Nobody deserves the kind of treatment so many of you report, no matter how bad you were. And "bad" is a relative term. So many adults think that growing children are adults themselves and understand the consequences of their actions. That's a load of crap. Kids are always trying to push their parents to see what they can get away with. We ALWAYS deserved it. We were always warned. If we did it anyway, we'd get spanked. Actions have consequences and we always had a choice to make. We were never spanked after grade school, but we were well behaved by then. Crying about bullshit would also result in a spanking if we didn't cut it out when told to. We were a drama-free household.

by Anonymousreply 10212/18/2010

OK, sorry some of you were abused. I wasn't ever by parents, so i can see it as kinky fun between consenting adults.

This is gonna sound so pervy, but it really happened (in the 1970s, Midwest small town):

My high school wrestling coach was also the wood shop instructor; a totally hot slim daddy.

Last day of school, senior year, I'd finally accepted being gay and had an on-again/off -again romance with a fellow wrestler and wood shop classmate dork.

Someone had snuck in water pistols at school, and a sort of water gun war broke out in the halls. My sorta-BF/ex squirted me and coach/teach lined him up for the always-threatened, rarely used paddle (carved by a student and hung up as a trophy in the classroom).

Before he "paddled" him, I asked coach/teach how many swats his squirting me was worth. "One," he said.

"How many for this?" I asked, and squirted him in the face, twice.

I got three sound whacks on my ass in front of the whole cheering class of guys, and got a boner in my jeans.

Thanks, Coach!

by Anonymousreply 10312/18/2010

good for you - you proved yourself a man among men.

by Anonymousreply 10412/18/2010

My dad spanked us, my mom beat us. Guess which one I'm closer to?

Which reminds me, I've already bought presents for my dad and stepmom...maybe I should work on my mom's gift...

by Anonymousreply 10512/18/2010

I was just spanked a few hours ago

by Anonymousreply 10602/25/2011

R99 I can assure you it wasn't hot to me. It was embarrassing, though since the entire "demonstration" took place in the living room, in front of the relative.

by Anonymousreply 10703/01/2011

Always bare backside over mums knee with the slipper or the hairbrush always soundly thrashed a good heat backside my mum called it

by Anonymousreply 10811/10/2013

I was given many over the knee thrashings by my mum and I mean THRASHINGS she always made sure that I had a black and blue bum before she stopped I hated her hairbrush smackings or as she called it A HAMMERING

by Anonymousreply 10911/10/2013

I'm warming up my belt for you cocksucker pigs. Gonna stick a nice snug plug in that hole and wear that ass out until I make your hole cum and then I'm gonna fuck it. Who's first?

by Anonymousreply 11011/11/2013

My brothers and I would sometimes have bloody ass cheeks, because drunk, enraged Daddy would sometimes lose his grip on the belt and then have the buckle located in the wrong place when he refolded it.

Mom was usually holding a bandage to her face after her beating and knew better than to try to protect us. He probably would have killed her.

We were small kids, 7, 6, and 4 and I don't think we ever really forgave him, even after sobering up and becoming a pretty decent husband and father and grandfather.

Not for beating us kids, but for what he did to Mom. She forgave him over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 11111/11/2013

Only once: I was about 10 and was caught smoking cigarettes in our garage while being naked with our neighbour's daughter who was the same age. The spanking was just a few slaps on my butt but I remember the humiliation and how I cried. Thankfully my parents didn't feel the need for physical punishment, and where I come from it certainly was something frowned upon.

by Anonymousreply 11211/11/2013

Dad would spank us with his bare hand; Mom used a wooden yardstick until we got wise and tightened our butt cheeks, which caused it (the yardstick) to break. Finally she ran out of yardsticks.

by Anonymousreply 11311/11/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 11411/11/2013

My mother slapped me hard across the face on several occasions before I reached the age of ten. I was nine when she beat me for the last time and, not long after it happened, I left home and went to live with my Dad.

I cannot remember the first time it happened however I do remember a teacher from my infant school asking me why my faced was marked.

"Because my Mum hit me," I replied in a metter-of-fact tone. Sure, don't all Mum's slap their kids in this way?

On another occasion (I was slightly older) she stood me in front of her and slapped me twice in quick succession. I cannot remember what I did to "deserve" this abuse. All I can remember is how she manouvered my shoulders to position my body, setting up her target before delivering her slaps.

There were two other occasions that stick in my mind, although I know it happened far more frequently than this.

I was playing with a football when I accidently kicked it into my neighbour's garden. The fence was little more than waist height and so I casually leapt over to retrieve my ball. Suddenly I heard a woman's voice shreak at me, telling me to get out of there. The voice belonged to a woman who was stood in an opposing garden. I had never seen this woman before and could not understand why she felt compelled to bark orders at me. After all, the owner of the garden into which my ball had landed had on a prevoius occasion told me that, as long as I do not disturb his fish or land on his plants when I leap over the fence, I can retrieve my ball myself. He said this because I used to wait for him to appear before asking for my ball back.

I knew that I had the right to be where I was at that time and since this woman didn't even own the garden I now found myself in I decided to retort, "it's not your garden."

Nothing further was said and I jumped back into my own garden. As far as I was concened, this non-event was over.

A few days later this woman recounted the incident to my Mum.

I was stood in the kitchen and looking out through the window. From there I could see my Mum talking to someone but, given the restricted view, couldn't see who it was.

I would soon become enlightened.

My Mum marched towards the house and confronted me. There ensued the familiar slaps and kicks. Once the attack was over she made me put my pj's on. "We're going to go and see this woman and YOU are going to say sorry," she screamed. She dragged me through the house and out of the front door.

Thus began phase two of the assult. I cannot remember which of my school friends were there that day but I do remember hearing the jeering and mocking laughter from them as I was dragged along wearing my bed clothes.

Soon we arrived at the woman's house and my Mum knocked on the door. An extremely old (well, she looked old to my seven year old eyes) woman in a wheelchair came to the door. Since I had only had a brief encounter with the woman I could not at that time remember what she looked like but I was utterly convinced that this was the wrong person. Through sobbing tears I asked something like, "is the woman who has the garden here?" My suspicions were correct. This was the wrong person.

"Oh, you must mean my daughter? Wait here, I am having my hair done."

Ok, wrong person but correct house.

The woman who I had been dragged here to see came to the door. She looked down at me without a trace of malice on her face.

By this stage several of the homes' occupants (I think that they were all women) had gathered at the door. Still sobbing I cried, "I'm sorry!" My words were greeted by an impromptu "AWWWWWWW" as all of the women simultainiously cooed their approval.

Clearly this was an endearing spectacle for them. An ickle boy full of remorse and cuteness. From my own perspective however, I felt like a piece of crap.

To this day I cannot remember her response. I was dragged home and put to bed.

A few days later I once again found myself in my own garden, playing with a football. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

"I am SO sorry," she said.

by Anonymousreply 11502/18/2014

"I am SO sorry," she said.

I cautiously approached my fence. "If I had known what your mother was really like I NEVER would have said anything. Can I give you something to say sorry?"

She waived a white envelope at me.

"It's just fifty pence. You can spend it on what you want."

She threw the envelope towards me and I watched as it sailed through the air, land short and flop into the grass of my neighbour's garden. I stared at the package, hesitated and glanced up at her.

"It's ok" she smiled. "You can juimp over and get it."

I cannot remember what I spent that money on.

The very last time she hit me was the most traumatic of af them all and led to me leaving her house for good.

Together with a group of friends, I had been involved in some fighting with a few other kids from the area. Nothing serious happened and nobody got hurt. In fact, it was more posturing and vocal wars rather than actual fighting. Still, a local woman had been watching us, had seen enough and decided to get involved.

At this point my friends decided to move from the scene. I walked with them. After we had strolled some distance I heard a woman's angry voice coming from behind us. I turned and noticed that this woman was looking in our direction, her face slightly red from the effort of her anger. To this day I have no idea who she was or why she was so upset. Remember, none of the fighting which had just taken place had escalated beyond shoving and name calling.

I was reassured by the distance between me and this woman and so I tuned away, facing in the ooposite direction towards my home. In my periphery I saw one of my friends raise his arm. Before I had a chance to turn and look the group I was standing in suddenly moved as one, running past me towards my house. I turned and saw that this woman was now chasing us and so I decided to run too.

We ran until we reached my house and at that point we split up, with me and my brother running into my garden. I jumped over my neighbour's fence and tried to duck down but I was spotted by this woman who, unbelievably, had chased me into my own garden.

"THERE HE IS!" she gasped, the effort of anger, running, middle age, excess body fat and an apparent refusal to let things go causing her to droop and pant as she delivered her theory.

I can't remember exactly what was said but she accused me of sticking my middle finger up at her. I recalled the odd movement that I had seen my friend make and the fact that this woman had begun to chase us immediately after it had happened.

At this point, my mum appeared.

"Did you stick your finger up at this woman?"

There followed some insistance that I was guilty, denial from me and the threat of another beating if I did not confess.

Eventually the woman left and I was taken into the house.

Every time I denied it, I was hit.

No matter how many times she hit me, I just refused to admit to a crime I did not commit. After a few more slaps my Mum grew impatient. She wanted a confession and would simply not listen to reason. I mean, my Mum wasn't there, so how could she insist I was guilty? Every time I said that I didn't do it she would hit me, accusing me of lying to her.

Her patience ran out and she marched me down the road to see this woman, all the while stating that my guilt meant a beating and that my lies would get me one too.

We eventually reached the woman's house and my Mum knocked on the door. On a previous occasion when my Mum had forced me to opologise to someone I had apparantly been cheeky to the mere sight of my reddened face and distressed demeanor had been enough to convince the offendee that my punishment was unwarranted. No suck luck here. This idiot woman insisted that I had done it. I denied it a few more times before rationalising the situation in my head. I thought, 'she hits you when you deny it and she clearely has no desire to give you the benefit of the doubt. The person who really did it has, by this time, confessed...(c)'

by Anonymousreply 11602/18/2014

'the person who really did has, by this time, confessed to your Mum. Yep. The person who actually did had CONFESSED TO MY MUM SOME FIVE MINUTES BEFORE but all to no avail. My Mum simply insisted that my friend was taking the blame in order to save me. She'll hit you forever if you keep saying no. My Mum believes this fat, ugly woman over me. You're fucked, mate. Just say it and get it over with.'

Thus, through more slap induced tears I nodded my "confession". Feeling utterly defeated and terrified I made my way back towards my house with the vicious bully who would be my Mum strolling along behind me.

I was beaten from one end of the living room to the other and hit with a hairbrush until it broke. This last beating was the most traumatic but one of the least painful. Maybe she had slapped herself out? Or I was tougher than I gave myself credit for? Or I had built up an immunity to the abuse?

Shortly after the attack my Mum made me strip and get into bed. I just remember crying the whole damned day. Eventually, after bed time, my Mum told me to start behaving myself or, and I qoute, "you can piss off, and go and live with your Dad."

I didn't need asking twice.

Admitedly, I WAS pursuaded to stay briefly by my brither and my step dad but, given a few days to absorb this latest incident and the countless others I did move out and never returned. I instead went to live with my wonderful father who, in spite of a heavy addiction to drugs and poor employment prospects, provided me with the care and love I had been starved of. When my father died a few years after I moved in with him I cried for a year. By this time however, I had been living with my Nan. My Dad was great but inadequate. He couldn't really cope with the resposibility of having a child under ten live with him full time.

So here my story ends.

I know that I am no "Child Called It" but the abuse was very real and very horrible. Today, at the age of 32, I am still consumed with thoughts and emotions.

I do see my Mum on Christmas day.

We do not talk about my past.

I hate her.

by Anonymousreply 11702/18/2014

R115-r117 Get a blog or I'll slap the shit out of you!

by Anonymousreply 11802/18/2014

[quote]Once, by my father, when I was 4. I was naked and he spanked my ass really good.

Was he naked too?

by Anonymousreply 11902/18/2014

Yes by my Mother for stealing from the conner shop.She pulled me over her knee and lifted up my dress I was spanked on my knickers but it still hurt a lot.The worst was my younger sister and her friend watched that made me cry more than the spanking.I was 14 at the time they told everyone the most humiliating day of my life.Never stole again.

by Anonymousreply 12004/13/2015

My dad hit me with belt buckle. My mom hit me with slipper till i bled. I was 2.

by Anonymousreply 12104/13/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!