Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Question for Royal crazed Brits - Was Kate Middleton''s virginity quietly tested prior to the marriage announcement?

I've heard over the years that the virginity and venereal 'cleanliness' is always confirmed on the potential bride of a British monarch-in-waiting. I suppose this is to confirm she isn't pregnant and maybe to protect him (or even her in the case of Elizabeth) from disease.

Is there any truth to this or do you think it's just rumor/myth?

Considering how crass and obnoxious most of the British press is, has it been written about or spoken of openly?

Just curious. If it is true, I can only imagine the process and discussion which must take place, but I doubt Kate/Cate was a virgin at the time of the marriage announcement. They've been seeing each other for years meaning William has likely tapped that dozens of times.

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2011

I can believe they did it with Diana. They treated her like a breeding sow.

by Anonymousreply 112/07/2010

Yes, OP. Lillibet's did it herself, gloved with the corgis in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 212/07/2010

by Anonymousreply 312/07/2010

We all got a look up there and approved.

by Anonymousreply 412/07/2010

Total myth. It has never been true.

by Anonymousreply 512/07/2010

I wonder how big William's cock is

by Anonymousreply 712/07/2010

um. This is not the Victorian era.

by Anonymousreply 812/07/2010

It is true. They have a special chair with a hole cut out in the seat. Kate sits down on it without her knickers and the queen slides under there with a flashlight. Kinda like your mechanic checking out your suspension.

by Anonymousreply 912/07/2010

by Anonymousreply 1012/07/2010

Diana's virginity was verified. Charles had to marry a virgin. I think time has moved on because it's no longer a requirement.%0D %0D At least that's what the "royal experts" say.

by Anonymousreply 1112/08/2010

How could virginity even be confirmed. It's very common for hymens to break. I find it difficult to believe that a woman reached her 19th year without using a tampon or engaging is sports activity that would break a hymen.

by Anonymousreply 1212/08/2010

[quote]Diana's virginity was verified. Charles had to marry a virgin. I think time has moved on because it's no longer a requirement.At least that's what the "royal experts" say.

No, they don't. It's a complete myth.

by Anonymousreply 1312/08/2010

no it isn't R13. She told it to Andrew Morton who wrote it in her biographry. She gave the name of the Dr and she told him that they (charles and the royal family) used the excuse that she had to have the exam to "make sure she could have children"

by Anonymousreply 1412/08/2010

They can test for fertility, but it's usually impossible to test for virginity (unless by a slim chance the hymen is still intact). It wouldn't surprise me if Diana said this to Morton as one her ways to get revenge on the royal family

by Anonymousreply 1512/08/2010

[quote]She told it to Andrew Morton

Both paragons of veracity. It is impossible to determine definitively whether someone is a virgin. Real historians, not gossip columnists or biographers with an axe to grind, dismiss it as sheer fantasy. It never happened in the past, why would it happen then?

by Anonymousreply 1612/08/2010

I was never tested.

But then, I sometimes use it as an ashtray when Chuckles isn't around.

by Anonymousreply 1712/08/2010

It was tested. I remember that hitting the papers back when Diana married Charles and I was shocked about it, but they did it. Yes they are scum. But it seems that Prince William will have his revenge on them for his mother if the papers are to be believed.

by Anonymousreply 1812/08/2010

OP, Kate Middleton and Williams have been living together for quite a while - they share a home. Certainly she is not a virgin since they live together and she is 28 or 29.

by Anonymousreply 1912/08/2010

[quote]I remember that hitting the papers back when Diana married Charles and I was shocked about it, but they did it.

I just searched the online newspaper archives which my Uni has access to. Not a single one mentions it.

by Anonymousreply 2012/08/2010

Oh really? It was in the newspapers and not all papers are archived correctly, nor are all stories online. I just checked Google News for the UK and it's not there either. The raw data's been SCRUBBED from the internet archives.

Not the first time either. Try to find Julia Roberts wearing "A LOW VERA" t-shirt which had been online - - it's also been scrubbed from the internet and you only have people talking about it. The National Enquirer had a pic of her in it, but IT'S NOT ONLINE in their archives. And yes I saw that pic as well.

You'll just have to trust me on this one. And I thought it was awful of them to do at that time, as I recall they sort of hedged about whether or not she was, but proclaimed that she was.

by Anonymousreply 2112/08/2010

[quote]It was in the newspapers and not all papers are archived correctly, nor are all stories online.

I was looking at full text copies of ALL the UK newspapers, not online versions. I can go and check the original printed versions if you like - my uni keeps microfilm and hardcopy - but I don't expect to find them. Even if the stories had been removed from online versions taking them out of the millions of printed copies and library hardcopies would have been noticed by one of the many royal story watchers over the years.

by Anonymousreply 2212/08/2010

I believe that William tested it, popped it and has disposed of her virginity. As for Lilibet, she developed those spelunking skills as a mechanic during the war.

by Anonymousreply 2312/08/2010

Her vag has seen more traffic than the Chunnel. The days of the virginal royal bride are long gone. Just ask the human mattresses known has the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex.

by Anonymousreply 2412/08/2010

I remember reading that Diana said she was checked and pronounced fit to be a bride.%0D %0D But you can't prove virginity like her frau fanatics insist.%0D %0D And Diana told some big lies.

by Anonymousreply 2512/08/2010

Diana only had sex with one, possibly two, guys before she married Charles.

by Anonymousreply 2612/08/2010

Middleton pings to me. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if she were still a "virgin" in the traditional sense.

by Anonymousreply 2702/21/2011

Years ago when I read as much about the various royal families as I could get my hands on, this issue was addressed and it was explained that indeed royal fiancees were examined to ensure there were no overt problems that might prevent bearing children ... "the heir and the spare" being very much on dynastic minds.

I read this long before Diana came on the scene, so it certainly pre-dates her.

by Anonymousreply 2802/21/2011

If it were true about royal families in general, there would be lots of academic books and articles about it. The only actual example I can think of even remotely comparable was Elizabeth I, in her mid 40s, allowing doctors to check she was still capable of child-bearing while negotiating the proposed marriage alliance with the duke of Anjou. Of course it's a total myth, like the story about checking the pope has testicles. As posters have repeatedly pointed out, there is no actual way to test for virginity.

by Anonymousreply 2902/21/2011

I think the only thing they want to know is if she's capable of having children. Grace Kelly had to prove it before marrying. %0D

by Anonymousreply 3002/21/2011

Diana was not a virgin when she married Charles.

by Anonymousreply 3102/21/2011

Yeah, they didn't test her virginity, but tests were performed to make sure she can conceive.

by Anonymousreply 3202/21/2011

English men can't fuck worth toffee - so it doesn't matter the size of his cock.

by Anonymousreply 3304/25/2011

The only tid bit I can contribute to this fascinating discussion is that Di's uncle came out in her defense when the reporters were hunting for ex boyfriends that might talk about who deflowered the future QofE and he huffed and puffed and declared her virginal. No one else cared to comment further. If the princes had to have a virgin they would have to marry a twelve year old.

by Anonymousreply 3404/25/2011
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!