Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Bear411 about to close down?

Bear411 has closed down its site to all but paying members Are they running out of money?

by Anonymousreply 9306/10/2015

I just logged on fine and I do not pay.

by Anonymousreply 412/13/2010

I've been a member of B411 since 2001 and it's been run and kept the exact same way all this time.%0D %0D It's antiquated, slow and is run by a guy who really seems to have vengence and mood swing issues.%0D %0D I was a paying memeber and supported the site every year until three years ago, then I took a year 'break' from paying, paid last year, then took another 'break' this year.%0D %0D I know that a lot of guys all over the web, especially those on the Bear411 FaceBook page complain of the owner/webmaster and how he'll ban/delete profiles on a whim. He's known to stalk around the web and if he finds someone taking issue with them, remove your profile.%0D %0D It really is sad because it was the first real presence on the web for bearish guys. Unfortunately in recent years, it's become more infested with the circuit crowd who aren't pretty circuit bois anymore and who want to pose as 'bears' because they've gained crix belly or no longer want to shave.%0D %0D Then, of course, you have you giant, obese guys who join but still, the site has been welcoming to them. Those guys should have a place online also.%0D %0D Hopefully a real site will come along that will do the same thing, which won't gouge people and will be true to giving bearish guys an alternative to the hook-up sites like Manhunt, etc.%0D %0D Oh, one thing I've also always liked about Bear411 is that it isn't necessarily site aimed for guys hooking up. You have those of course, but there are some incredibly nice, genuine people there. Couples looking for legitimate friends, guys who want honest dates, etc. %0D %0D Kinda sad it's become such a shit hole of a site.

by Anonymousreply 606/20/2011

good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 706/20/2011

I been tried to get on bear411 for a monthly but it will not let me on there the sent me two email said i had 40 message that i need two check them but i can't not sign on why is that. I just got a new email today said i had 5 messenger still can't check them

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2011

[quote]I been tried to get on bear411 for a monthly but it will not let me on there the sent me two email said i had 40 message that i need two check them but i can't not sign on why is that. I just got a new email today said i had 5 messenger still can't check them

Come on, now. Try a little bit harder, Terry.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2011

Bearwww is super popular in Europe , not sure if there are a lot of profiles from N America

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2011

r 6, thanks for that. A few years ago, my application for membership was rejected because I wasn't "beary" enough.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2011

This thread is strange. I've belonged to Bear411 for years. I've never paid and have no problems with the site at all.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2011

"Gay rights are women's rights."

No, they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 1401/24/2012

Bear411 is a shit site.

by Anonymousreply 1501/24/2012

The mobile app Scruff is a billion times better.

by Anonymousreply 1601/24/2012

Have given up trying to delete my account, so now am letting anyone who contacts me to go to "Bear Central" instead....

by Anonymousreply 1706/07/2012

They don't delete your account so their membership shows higher than it is. They also share your "membership" with other sites to make those sites look better.

Outside of Manhunt, A4a, Dudesnude, Planet Romeo and BBRT, the rest are pretty much fake.

by Anonymousreply 1806/08/2012

lotsa bear cock out der

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2012

I just got my account deleted and it was pretty hard to do. The site says that theyremove profiles if they aren't touched for 90 days, but that didn't work. So I ended up bad mouthing the site on the web page. Placing ad for biggercity.com and promoting voting and donating to Obama, which is against the sites terms of use. That was the only thing that worked, after my emails to the site failed.

by Anonymousreply 2008/20/2012

I'm a white guy and just posted some random black man's image lol. maybe it'll get deleted.

BTW, it's not true if you don't touch your account for 90 days it'll get deleted, I didn't touch mine for 6 months and just received a password reminder email.

yea so i logged in and changed the picture. if it works, good. if not no one will recognize it :D

by Anonymousreply 2110/04/2012

Bear411 became a nightmare when I was trying to change my location from NYC to Porto, Portugal. When I was trying to do it, a promp simply appeard saying that "only payin members" could do this kind of change.

You know, there is good pub and bad pub and bear411.com doesn't have any.

I felt offended by not beeing allowed a simple change such as location.

BEAR411 sucks. TOTALLY

by Anonymousreply 2210/21/2012

Anyone have a problem with the search function on B411? Sometimes when I search by member name, it comes up as invalid.

by Anonymousreply 2310/30/2012

This is a shit site....they won't let me in today with out paying. i never liked the site but liked a few guys on there. it is so second rate any way. it doesn't even save any messages. now i am reading on here i can't delete my account. i can't even see how to get their email. wtf i hate the stupid fucking bull shit sites. i never had any problem with big muscle bear...andy and bill are awesome..never again. does anyone know how to get a profile off of bear411 or how to contact them?

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2012

I don't pay and I just logged in fine.

by Anonymousreply 2511/05/2012

OK the whole site sucks big time there is nothing entertaining about it. eventually he will shut down that site you got be smart enough not to stay there , have a fucking life,do something more creating with your life instead spending hours and hours worth nothing meeting people on line that you are more likely not to ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2012

Bear411 became a nightmare when I was trying to change my location from NYC to Porto, Portugal. When I was trying to do it, a promp simply appeard saying that "only payin members" could do this kind of change.

You know, there is good pub and bad pub and bear411.com doesn't have any.

I felt offended by not beeing allowed a simple change such as location.

BEAR411 sucks. TOTALLY

by: powertaurus88 on bearwww

I need to change my location and can't do it, how did you update your new location?

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

I used to be on there when I was chubbier (screen name: Cubbish). They're the same old whores on any other 'social' site- just fatter (and the usual 90% bottoms/10% tops). Very nazi-ish about pounds and hair.

I think it's odd to be a bear and ONLY be attracted to other bears. It's a sort of alternate-universe narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

says I got one message and it wont let me read it I assume they suspended me or blocked me from using I not paid at all account was set up 2008 now 2012

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2012

Been a member for years, never paid. There's an even - odd schedule, free members can only view bears online and search on even number days. Supposedly this is to cut down on bandwidth usage.

I'm met some good guys on there (friends), and some hot hookups too.

by Anonymousreply 3011/13/2012

no this is different. If you try and sign on it gives a message that sorry, they are only allowing VIP priority members access now. But it says I have 12 messages. After about 2 seconds of this message it signs me back out. This has been going on for 2 days and my partner has same problem as does my best friend who just texted me. Apparently they are doing something with servers or something

by Anonymousreply 3111/14/2012

the 2 second message says 'temporarily' but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 3211/14/2012

I thought it was beard411. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 3311/14/2012

I keep reading this as "Is Beard911 about to close down?".

by Anonymousreply 3411/14/2012

I've been a member there since 2001 and in all that time, 'Buddy' the site admin/owner, hasn't changed it a bit, except maybe a little tweak here and there.

He's got a horrible reputation online and is super vindictive, deleting members who he personally dislikes, etc..

I pay for the site for about a year, and then go nearly a year not paying for it. I'm currently in a paid mode because, while I'm not what many people would call a 'bear', I love the site and want to see bears have a good, somewhat descent place on the web to go.

That said, the site has become infested in recent years with aged muscle/club queens who post shit like "No offense guys, but not into heavy set/big guys who don't workout..." etc. etc. WTF?!? THESE assholes come to a bear site and post this shit? And "Buddy" lets them stick around while kicking other off or denying new members because they're not 'bearish' enough, (i.e., they won't pay).

I would fund a new, serious competitive site if I had a partner who would help design and code the backend.

by Anonymousreply 3511/14/2012

I've been a member for a couple of years and the site hasn't changed at all,it looks and works just like it did when I joined,I don't think it's high on the moderator's priority list.

by Anonymousreply 3611/14/2012

R36,

As I said earlier, it's the exact same look now as it was in late 2000/early 2001. It's never changed with maybe the exception of him adding those little emoji style characters you can insert into your messages. You still have no way to save messages and retrieve them on command or anything like that.

I think the site is more of a priority than it seems, I think the guy just doesn't care. It's a priority for him as far as the money. Take a look around the site, it's all over the friggen planet. It truly is the only site of it's type and a huge number of those guys pay for it. Trust me, Buddy is making money off of it. He's always at bear events all over the world. He just doesn't give a fuck about the look and functionality of the site.

Plus, he has such a huge membership, he can be nasty to people. Another reason I wish sites like BearCentral.com would have made it.

by Anonymousreply 3711/14/2012

Is anybody else still having issues with the site?

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2012

bump for bears

by Anonymousreply 3911/14/2012

R15, I second that. terrible confusing layout, really bad site

by Anonymousreply 4011/14/2012

Try GROWLr, bitches.

I have no issues with Bear411 (even as a free member)

Bearwww is part of bear411.

by Anonymousreply 4111/14/2012

Yes, something has happened since yesterday. I have been on that site since the mid 90's, and almost never had a problem logging in for messages. Even if I got an "access is restricted" message, 5 seconds later on another try I could get in.

Since yesterday, there is no logging in, just that constant "reserved for priority access members" message.

I guess he has decided to pull the plug for nonpaying guests, and it would have been nice to have a little warning of that.

I agree with all of the criticism of the site op. He's a complete asshole, in my experience, banning pictures for arbitrary and capricious reasons, never improving the site in any real manner, and never once responding to any inquiry. It would be nice if there could be another ad-supported site for bearish guys, with similar or better features and functionality, not managed by a tyrant.

by Anonymousreply 4311/15/2012

I would also point out that the site is quite insecure! Even if your profile is private the pictures in it can be retrieved by anyone knowing the URLs. And since the passwords can only contain letters and numbers, they are very easy to hack. As a member I'd be concerned that someday the entire user database will be made public, especially if I were still in the closet. One benefit of the security issues is that you can get most of the paid features for free if you know even a little javascript.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2012

It's called primetiming for "contributions", dear. One would figure you'd be aware of the practice.

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2012

I've noticed messages not being delivered, based on their content - try including the word 'Scruff'! No warning message or anything, it just goes into the ethers. This behavior exactly fits the anti hacking legislation we have here in the states - he should be criminally prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2012

I'm a non-paying member on BEAR411...for several days now it won't let me log on....only for paying members now. Well, how do I get to BEAR411 so I can now become a paying member??????

by Anonymousreply 4711/17/2012

Why can't I sign onto BEAR411??? I've been a non-paying member for a good 7-8 years now and about a week ago the sign in page is not coming up. It keeps telling me to post a profile. Well, I already have one!! Anyone know what's going on with BEAR411?? Any ideas on how I can get to the sign in page???

TazMarc69@hotmail.com

by Anonymousreply 4811/18/2012

Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 4911/19/2012

WOW! OMG!!!!!!

I give you, 'PiggyPhilip' - obviously she has absolutely nothing to hide.

by Anonymousreply 5011/21/2012

That's probably the worst bear site ever. If there was a "delete my profile" button then the site would die quickly. There are other sites like e.g. bearpassion.com where I get all service for free and I am able to remove my profile immediately.

by Anonymousreply 5111/24/2012

I rejoined so I could find some old friends. It wasn't too bad a few years ago, but it has relly gone down hill. I have been able to get online, the first time was for about an hour, after that, I have been able to get a few messages sent, if I'm lucky. And it doesn't really matter if are paying, my husband was having the same issues and he was paying. I was able to get my old account deleted, but that was several years ago, and it took about 6 months. I have accounts with several other sites, and haven't had problems with them, paid or not.

by Anonymousreply 5211/26/2012

has been horrible for a while, and now yes - he only wants paying members - so be it

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2012

@anonymous looking to fund a replacement. We can design and build;) Let me know if interested.

by Anonymousreply 5412/06/2012

says I got 4 emails wont let me look at them says I now have to pay 10.00 for one month or more and I had sent received mail for more then months now this is rediculouse

by Anonymousreply 5512/11/2012

I just logged in. No issues. Read/responded to the two msgs waiting for me.

by Anonymousreply 5612/11/2012

Have loved this site for about 10 years but agree with what others guys have said; the webmaster there is, for whatever reason, drunk with power. And even though the site is a visual mess, it seems to have survived as the go-to website for bears around the world. Though I really think he hangs on to old profiles that have been abandoned for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 5701/02/2013

R54, you a pro dev and design web developer? You looking for a partnership in this, or just a client? You've got my attention. :)

by Anonymousreply 5801/02/2013

Just tried to log in with no success. I log in 3 or 4 times a week but no more. Could have sent out an email about changing access. How RUDE just to lock people out. It's F%^$#ing amazing!

by Anonymousreply 5901/09/2013

Bear411 would not accept my profile some years ago, but I don't remember exactly why. Just remember thinking the man running the site was an asshole. Bigger City is great, and EVERYBODY can join, Chubs, bears, chasers, lookers, or whoever. Bearfront is good too, and same people have silverdaddies.

by Anonymousreply 6001/09/2013

no its not closing stop the roomers dude and I wanted to cancell my account but it would not let me so I just dont go on but to check messages

by Anonymousreply 6103/14/2013

I just cancelled my account the other day. Just type DELETE ACCOUNT in your profile, and that should work. You might also want to include the URL to your profile on another social media site as that will also get your account deleted.

by Anonymousreply 6203/15/2013

bear411 is now subscription only. you pay or you don't chat. fuck him

by Anonymousreply 6408/16/2013

How can I get my account deleted if I cannot login? I just want my stuff off the site now.

by Anonymousreply 6501/10/2014

What email address do I use to have a profile deleted on Bear411?

by Anonymousreply 6601/17/2014

This was a long time in coming but not surprising. The owner/founder of bear411 is a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 6701/19/2014

R1 is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6801/19/2014

from what i read on here i guess it all depends on who you are and if Greg (the owner) likes you or your profile....some guys say they dont pay and dont have any problems, like those of us who dont pay and ARE HAVING PROBLEMS are lying about it....most of what i've read are the problems i've experienced myself....i've done everything from deleting my profile on those rare occasions i can get on to posting rants on my profile hoping to get deleted due to content...i also just noticed that if i try to sign up again it says i cant because it recognizes my email but it also says any inactive profile will be deleted in 90 days...WTF? mine has been and just like most today i got another email saying i had 10 messages to view...and I CANT GET LOGGED IN!

by Anonymousreply 6906/06/2014

My profile on Bear411 still lists me as 22. I'm 46 now. It won't let me into my profile to change it.

You can imagine the problem this causes when I show up for a date.

by Anonymousreply 7006/06/2014

Why #70? Everyone online takes 20 yrs. off their age.

by Anonymousreply 7106/06/2014

Datalounge doesn't care about fatties.

by Anonymousreply 7206/06/2014

I'm in a relationship that is monogamous. I posted a profile looking for friendship only. And I flatly state that we are looking for friends and not fuckbuddys. Yet every guy who sends me a message is looking for sex.

Bears are pigs. Even the ones who claim they are monogamous are looking for sex on the side. It is so sleazy to me.

Yet I haven't removed my profile. I'm weak, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 7306/08/2014

[all posts by childish idiot removed]

by Anonymousreply 7406/08/2014

Hello I am top man 38 yo looking for chubby or bear men for fun or more if u are interested contact me my email is rachid.ayad@yahoo.com

thanks

by Anonymousreply 7509/11/2014

R75 is apparently illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 7609/11/2014

R50 MY EYES! THEY BURN!!!

by Anonymousreply 7709/11/2014

I'm also on Bearwww but I'm in Paris. I often see profiles from the states though.

by Anonymousreply 7809/11/2014

We don't do fatties here.

punch

and

delete

by Anonymousreply 7909/12/2014

Completely agree, R79.

by Anonymousreply 8009/12/2014

I finally deleted my account on there. I succumbed and paid for one month of full access (wasn't really worth it) and when that expired, I'd get locked out every other day. Total extortion to get me to pay up again. Fuck that. While there is no button to delete or deactivate your account, if you IM the webmaster and ask for deletion, it'll be gone.

by Anonymousreply 8109/13/2014

Bears: disgusting creatures.

by Anonymousreply 8209/13/2014

R82 = arsewipe

by Anonymousreply 8309/13/2014

Why "arsewipe", r83?

by Anonymousreply 8409/13/2014

Just learned if you pay for a short time and stop paying for whatever reason the site admin will block your account till you pay again. He is always crying the blues about money.

I have friends that are free members and still get on for free.. but if you pay and go.. you're shut down.

I have been on many sites for years and never had this problem. Still on other sites that I will continue to enjoy. BEAR411 WON'T BE ONE OF THEM. IT NEEDS A FACELIFT AND A BETTER ADMIN. Then maybe it might get some real business.

Sad that there are sites out there like this.

by Anonymousreply 8512/12/2014

It's a shitty, awful site and the guy who runs it is certifiably mentally ill.

The only surprise is that a better designed, better run site has not emerged to take its place.

by Anonymousreply 8612/12/2014

There is really no need for Bear411 when one could just as easily find new people on facebook. Unless you are just interested in occassional naked pics of hairy, chunky guys.

by Anonymousreply 8812/12/2014

I've heard and read this before. But How do you find new people on Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 8912/12/2014

I was a paying member and i saw a few of my chat friends disappear, others could not sign onto their profiles anymore without. All they got was a prompt to become a paying member in order to gain access to their profiles. Even though i was a paying member, there was no button to erase my profile. A note sent to the "owner" asking about how to remove my profile remains unanswered.

There are so many profiles if you search remove as a keyword you will all the people that are frustrated at bear411.

Just a few days ago i tried to change my profile picture, a face picture, with a cat picture.

I received an email back that either file size is incorrect or my face is not visible. Face not visible and that is officially a requirement! How come that so many profiles now appear with only pictures of guys dicks?

I really don't like these double standards and the practices of whoever operates bear411.

So yesterday evening i revised my profile and wrote:

See you at growlr and adam4adam

By this morning my profile was deleted even though i have 1/2 year left on my paid membership. I assume i will not see any refund. Maybe i call my credit card company and put the heat on.

I definitely will never go back to bear411 and daily more people become more and more disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 9001/13/2015

hola soy un cazador amo los osos ojala no se terminen sitios asi

by Anonymousreply 9103/17/2015

Bear411 just did the exact same thing today. They've closed off any access if you're an unpaid customer. That's fine. But he should have indicated that it was limited access or for a select period of time. I'm trying to find out who owns this site and report his ass.

by Anonymousreply 9205/11/2015

Check out fuckbear411. Good instructs on getting your profile deleted & some alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 9306/10/2015
Need more help? Click Here.