Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wedding Called Off!

Has anyone ever called his or her wedding off at the last minute? Do you know of any weddings that were called off at the last moment? People break up all the time on televison and in the movies. But I have never heard about a real wedding being called off at the last moment.

by Anonymousreply 9309/08/2013

My cousin was in NYC to attend a wedding at the gansevoort a few years back and the groom never showed. I think the bride-to-be just went ahead and had a party anyway.

by Anonymousreply 112/05/2010

I had a friend call off her wedding about a week or two beforehand. Invitations had gone out, and everything. That was 10+ years ago, so I forget a lot of the drama, but at the time it was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 212/05/2010

Mine was called off, I never found out why

by Anonymousreply 312/05/2010

One...the groom never showed.

He came out a couple of years later and ONLY the bride was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 412/05/2010

I went to high school with a girl who ended up at West Point. That should have been the tip-off right there that she would never really want to marry a member of the male sex. Unfortunately her rich father shelled out a small fortune in accommodations for a wedding that she called off about a week before the big day.

by Anonymousreply 612/05/2010

One of my coworkers had her wedding called off the night before. Her erstwhile fiance told her that, as he went through the vows, he realized he'd be lying. She was devastated.

by Anonymousreply 712/05/2010

My mother's co-worker's daughter called off her wedding the day before. The groom was arrested for "raping" a girl he met on-line. It turns out she was a hooker, and he didn't do time, but the story spread all over the city. I felt bad for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 812/05/2010

We were actually ON THE WAY to the wedding and got a text from the bride's brother saying it was off, and to not ask any questions right now.%0D %0D Later we found out the bride was pregnant by another man, who had showed up the night before and offered to "make an honest woman of her" and she said Yes. The erstwhile groom was very upset but ultimately very relieved that the wedding never happened.%0D %0D Bride and baby-daddy eventually got married (in Las Vegas) and are still together, apparently. Don't know what became of the groom.

by Anonymousreply 912/05/2010

My friend found out her fianc%C3%A9 was cheating the week before the wedding. Nshe called it off and it has made her a suspicious, bitter, cold bitch. Very hard to be around her sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1012/05/2010

Don't ask . . . .

by Anonymousreply 1112/05/2010

Interesting thread.%0D %0D I've heard some people say (after the divorce) that they knew it was a mistake when they were walking down the aisle but thought it was too late to back out.

by Anonymousreply 1212/05/2010

There must be an episode of Maury show that featured the people from R9's post.

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2010

My ex-partner was engaged to his high school sweetheart. Apparently they'd set the date, booked the church, sent out the invitations. She had the dress and everything.

A couple of days before the wedding he decided he was GAY and called the whole thing off. The girl dodged a bullet.

I took the bullet. When he first told me this story, red flags were raised, but I chose to ignore them because I was in dreamy la la land.

Perhaps that's why he's now my ex.

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2010

There have been some newsworthy last-minute jiltings, not that I remember who, when or where.

by Anonymousreply 1512/05/2010

My grandmother and her sisters used to speak in hushed tones about a spinster friend who was "jilted at the altar"%0D %0D I always pictured it as him saying, "I don't" insteasd of "I do."%0D

by Anonymousreply 1712/05/2010

A coworker planned a destination wedding in Paris to a Parisian who worked part time in NYC and part time in Paris. When she hinted that I should go, I just said what was basically the truth-- I didn't have the money for it and my partner at the time had just started a new job. She didn't mind as we weren't really that close.

Another coworker was very close to her and was asked to be in the wedding party and got one of those fancy dresses and everything.

Turns out, the wedding party arrived in Paris just in time to find out the groom called it off. No explanation was ever given. The coworker was out all that money, and even though she was in Paris and had a good vacation, she still was angry that the guy couldn't have called it off before everyone spent all that money to get there.

I was just glad I only lost the money for a present from the gift registry, which I thought was rude she never returned.

The woman was absolutely gorgeous and incredibly intelligent--I still don't know what the guy said to her to call it off, she would never talk about it. But she came back to work and seemed okay.

She got engaged again, and that guy called it off, too. I don't know what was the matter with her. Did she pick the wrong type of guy or was she a total nutcase that none of us could suspect?

by Anonymousreply 1812/05/2010

[quote]I always pictured it as him saying, "I don't" instead of "I do."

That's the classy way to do it. Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 1912/05/2010

One girl I grew up with hung herself just before the wedding...

by Anonymousreply 2012/05/2010

"There have been some newsworthy last-minute jiltings, not that I remember who, when or where."%0D %0D Julia Roberts dumped Keifer Sutherland 3 days before their wedding and ran off to Ireland with Jason Patric. That was pretty last-minute.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2112/05/2010

I couldn't imagine what that's like.

by Anonymousreply 2212/05/2010

1. I know of a guy who got dumped the day before his wedding.

He met and married someone a year later. The "bride" was still single last I heard.

2. A friend had dated the same guy for 6 years when they finally got married. Turns out that he SHOULD have left her at the alter.

Seems the 6 months before the wedding, he met some girl and fell in love. She even showed up at the wedding mass (although none of us knew).

So he married my friend, dumped her on the honeymoon, they got an annulment and he married the girlfriend.

My friend pretty much lost her mind for about 4 years as a result of all of it.

by Anonymousreply 2312/05/2010

r18 going with nutcase here.

by Anonymousreply 2412/05/2010

Family friend was called the morning of the wedding by her fiance who said that he couldn't go through with it. When the guests arrived at the church, they were greated by someone who told to go ahead to the reception. Five years later the groom is an out gay man and the bride is married to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 2612/05/2010

[quote]There have been some newsworthy last-minute jiltings, not that I remember who, when or where.

Didn't Ben Affleck call off the wedding like the day before? I remember the worldwide media was pretty much already in Santa Barbara, ready for the big zoo. Boy, were their faces red when they were told to go home.

Also, the poor bride had to settle for arguably the ugliest man alive.

by Anonymousreply 2712/05/2010

Perhaps I was not clear. He met a lady on-line, they met, had sex and then she demanded money. He did not know she was a sex worker, according to his story.

by Anonymousreply 2912/05/2010

Laughed out loud when I realized who r27 was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 3012/05/2010

My mom was supposed to get married in her early 20's, but called it off a week before the wedding date. She said that he had a temper and "couldn't hold a job." She waited until she was 36 to actually get married to my dad; they're in their 70's and still married.

The guy she almost married actually goes to their church now, which is kind of strange to me, but doesn't seem to bother anyone involved. He's married with five kids of his own.

by Anonymousreply 3112/05/2010

[quote]Didn't Ben Affleck call off the wedding like the day before?

I'm not counting this one because I don't believe they were ever going through with it. They said it was "excessive media attention" that spoiled their efforts to keep the ceremony private. So the very next night, they do what any normal couple seeking privacy would do, they have dinner at The Ivy, which is so so media there!

by Anonymousreply 3212/05/2010

I only know of one in my personal life. My cousin called off his wedding a week before the big day. He just said he never really loved her and only agreed to get married because everyone thought he should be. He eventually did get married, but that marriage only lasted 10 years. Turns out he's kind of an ass. The first one probably dodged a huge bullet.

by Anonymousreply 3312/05/2010

My friend Greg called off his wedding two days before he was to marry his fiance. A year later, after therapy, they were planning to marry again. He called it off a week before they were to marry again. 5 months later she "accidentally got pregnant!" So he married her in a courthouse 3 months after she got preggers.

I haven't heard from them in a few years but I'm sure they are either divorced or he's very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 3412/05/2010

I'm hoping/expecting that my brother is going to call his off. He's engaged to a girl who is completely insane. She claims to always be sick...epilepsy, cancer, etc. but she only seems to get seizures when she is doing something she doesn't really want to do. She basically is pushing for this wedding and my brother isn't helping in the least. In fact, she made an appointment for them to get engagement pictures taken and asked him to wear black and he said, "for my funeral?" All she can talk about is the wedding when you talk to her. She approached my other brother about coming to the rehearsal dinner and he said, "Am I in the wedding?" because my brother hasn't even bothered to ask people to be in it. Meanwhile, she's got her dress, her bridesmaids, the videographer, the location, etc all set up.

My brother acts like he doesn't even care about her in the least. She doesn't work, she sleeps all day long, and when asked why he's with her he just replies that he can't abandon her since she's so sick.

The wedding is supposed to be in April of next year. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 3512/05/2010

My partner's cousin was jilted twice. His family is insane, and his uncle's wife and 2 daughters even more so. (The uncle is nuts, too, but just keeps his hearing aid off and shuts up so you don't notice it as much.)

Leslie's first fiance was a guy I didn't know well. All I knew is that just days before the wedding, he called it off. So she found another guy a couple years later. He was a total loser, the kind of guy who orders 3 entrees when someone else is paying, and a man who really loved his potato gun. At a family lunch out, I saw Leslie's sister Heidi groping this loser's crotch under the table... and I think Leslie knew. The look on her face suggested so. He called the wedding off at the last minute, too, I suppose after he'd had his fill of free lunches.

Leslie went on to teach school in Kansas City, where she would complain about "those colored kids" who don't know how to behave like "good white Christians do." I doubt she made it very far in that chosen career.

by Anonymousreply 3612/05/2010

A friend's son called off a wedding 3 weeks prior because he found a trunk full of empty liquor bottles in the brides car.

The wedding was to be a huge festival in New York with 350 guests.

by Anonymousreply 3712/05/2010

Speaking from experience, if you run away from home a couple of days before your wedding, don't call your fiance four days later and tell him that you were kidnapped by a Mexican dude and a middle-aged white woman driving a blue van. It doesn't end well.

by Anonymousreply 3812/05/2010

I can't believe the posts where the people didn't return the gifts. Are they serious? Talk about rude.

by Anonymousreply 4012/05/2010

My coworker met his feyonce online from Russia. He was older and never married so no one questioned it. So he flew her over and on the day of the wedding we were all at the church waiting and waiting. The feyonce never showed. To this day he insists that she was kidnapped or murdered.

by Anonymousreply 4112/05/2010

My college suitemate called off her wedding the morning of. She and her groom got into a fight the night before and decided they really didn't want to be involved with each other anymore.%0D %0D I had been invited but didn't go. Our other suitemates said that she went ahead with the reception/party and that it was really awkward and that she cried the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 4212/06/2010

About a week before, a friend called off his wedding to his crazy fiance. She was a former stripper who was sweet when she wasn't a raving bitch. Since some of us had already booked our flights and hotels to New Orleans (the wedding spot),in lieu of the wedding we just had a very tense brunch with the bride and her friends at one end of the table and the groom and his friends on the other. I've heard that she's become a holy roller since then.

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2010

[quote]My coworker met his feyonce

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2010

This was back in 1980, but three weeks before my cousin's wedding, his fiancee was sent to London on a week long business trip. She didn't want to go, but this was her first job out of school with a good company. The day before she was going to fly home, she stepped off the curb and looked to her left to check to see if any car was coming, but this being England the cars drive on the left side of the road. She got hit head on and was paralysed from the neck down. Her father called my cousin and told him the wedding was off and his fiancee didn't want him to waste his life and she never wanted to see him again. %0D %0D %0D %0D He was really devastated and tried to see her, but her family kept him away. Four years later he went on to marry a girl and have a procession of 5 kids in the first 7 yrs of marriage

by Anonymousreply 4612/07/2010

I remember one girl dumped her hubby-to-be after finding out he romped with a sripper at his bachelor party.

by Anonymousreply 4712/07/2010

r46's story truly broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 4812/07/2010

Had a cousin - always on the impulsive side - who was in a wedding about a month before hers. She had a fling and fell in love with her wedding partner, then called off her own wedding, which was already in the final preparation stages. Another cousin always bitches about the ugly bridesmaid's dress she bought to be in the wedding and never used.

Had a friend who confided in me two days before his wedding that he was in love with someone else. He figured too much time and money had been committed to the wedding and opted to go through with it. They were seeing divorce lawyers about 3 months later.

Had another friend who had a revelation at his wedding - his new bride smiled at him while they were in the receiving line and this loud voice screamed in his head "You just made the biggest mistake of your life!" He told me he tried to make it work, but told her he wanted out about 6 months later.

by Anonymousreply 4912/07/2010

My brother and I kidnapped our other brother a week before his wedding and begged him not to go through with it. He admitted he had a lot of doubts but didn't know how to get out of it. We offered to tell her, gently, and take care of notifying everyone. He went through with it and they were divorced in 2 years. She wanted a wedding and not a marriage.%0D %0D A high school friend married his high school sweetheart after calling it off twice in 5 years. The first time was the day before the wedding. The second time they called it off was a week before. Her parents refused to pay for a third non-wedding so they got married at the courthouse. They had a kid and got divorced when he was still a baby. Both are on multiple marriages now.%0D %0D Oh, the sanctity of marriage must be protected!!

by Anonymousreply 5012/07/2010

I know one wedding where the groom and father of the bride were killed in a car accident the day before the wedding. I guess that isn't what you are talking about, op?

by Anonymousreply 5112/07/2010

It's crazy but believe it or not, society pressures women into getting married, even when they really don't want to. An attractive young woman has to constantly fend off the question, "And why aren't you married?" What's the matter with people. Is there a country where women don't feel pressured?

by Anonymousreply 5212/07/2010

So, unattractive women get a pass?

by Anonymousreply 5312/07/2010

[quote] Did she pick the wrong type of guy or was she a total nutcase that none of us could suspect?%0D %0D R18, maybe she's a bridezilla. She seems perfectly fine in everyday situations but during the wedding planning her true crazy self-centered self comes out.

by Anonymousreply 5412/07/2010

I never understood people who go ahead and have the wedding reception/party anyway when they've been jilted. How can you feel like a party? The guests probably would rather be anywhere else as well. %0D %0D Now the honeymoon is a different story. I could see wanting to get away alone and still go on a trip after getting dumped. At least it's a distraction and you can get some peace and time alone to think.

by Anonymousreply 5512/07/2010

this would be a great plot device for a motion picture!

by Anonymousreply 5612/07/2010

Indeed r56

by Anonymousreply 5712/07/2010

My cousin called off her wedding at the rehersal dinner. Turned out she and the groom's brother had fallen in love. Two years later they (cousin and goom's brother) got married, they've been together for 6 yrs and seem to be genuinly happy together. Both of the families were upset that my cousin had acted so badly, in their opinion, untill it becme known what an asshole the former groom was. He got married a year after the wedding was called off. Turned out that he was extremely abusive to his wife, with in a week of getting back from the honeymoon he'd beaten her up so bad that no one recognized her. He put her in the hospital several times before she finally left him. He stalked her and eventualy caught her alone in the garage as she came home and beat her so bad the doctors didn't think she would live. He's in prison now for another 3 yrs, I think. He had never beat my cousin, but she said that every time they had an arguement she'd end up feeling scared of him.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 5812/07/2010

I knew I should have called it off but didn't have the nerve.

by Anonymousreply 5912/07/2010

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 6012/07/2010

R23, Your second story is exactly what happened to a girl I knew. The gf showed up to the church as well, nobody knew. Just sad all around.

by Anonymousreply 6112/07/2010

Pat Benetar write in her biography that she had doubts about her first marriage, even while she was walking down the aisle, knowing this was a mistake.

She has told both of her daughters, if you have any ANY doubts don't get married. Even if you have doubts at the very last second.

She writes 'I don't care about the relatives who have drove 20 hours to get here, I don't care about the costs. We can all have a party afterward. If you have any doubts, don't do it'.

by Anonymousreply 6212/07/2010

A male acquaintance of mine decided, for career purposes, he needed to get married and have a family. What he didn't tell the lucky bride, of course, was that his best man was an ex-lover.

This wasn't even that long ago; maybe 10 years or so. Anyway, very few of his old friends who knew the score were invited to the wedding. His side was his relieved family and his office friends.

At the bachelor party, held the week before the wedding, the best man rented a hotel suite and had the guys there to party. No strippers, of course. Unfortunately for the groom, one of his new friends got wasted and wound up sleeping on the sofa. He woke up in the middle of the night, stumbled to the bathroom, and saw the best man fucking the groom in the bedroom.

Now this guy didn't really know the bride, and didn't know what to do, so he winds up asking other people for their advice. In the next few days, everybody knows about it except for the bride and her family. Finally, just before the rehearsal dinner, somebody musters the courage to say something. The bride's father then confronts the groom, who tries to bluff his way out of it, but no dice. Everything gets canceled, the "humiliated" bride leaves town with a friend, and the groom winds up paying for a lot of the lost deposits.

A year later, the groom is living with a new boyfriend and the bride is in a lesbian relationship with the friend she'd gone on a trip with after the wedding blew up. Turns out she had a little secret of her own.

by Anonymousreply 6312/07/2010

r61 - did her first name start with a D? She would be about 53 now - this happened about 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6412/08/2010

One of my good friends called off her wedding about a week before the ceremony. She's very smart, logical and not a bridezilla type at all. The groom was a douchebag, but she thought he had a good heart. As the moment drew nearer he started to get more douchey and she finally saw his true colors. She very calmly called it off and then called all of her friends and invited them to the recpetion for a "Not getting married party." (She had paid for the hall and food herself). The party was a blast and she got happily married to someone else a few years later.

by Anonymousreply 6512/08/2010

A few years back, there was a story in Esquire or some such magazine called "Honeymoon For One." The author was a West Coast food writer who had spent many years looking for the right woman - he sounded like an Albert Brooks type. Finally he found her, and planned the honeymoon to end all honeymoons, a gourmet's tour of the most romantic cities in Europe.

She called it off right before the wedding. He couldn't get his money back, so he took the trip by himself - honeymoon for one. All the most romantic places in the world, all alone.

I remember this because there was a Hollywood bidding war for the story.

by Anonymousreply 6612/08/2010

Epic callback, R41. Earlier tonight I was trying to remember the thread this came from... then I realized I thought too much about DL.

by Anonymousreply 6712/12/2010

Lawyer Sues Ex-Fianc%C3%A9 for Jilting Her Four Days Before Planned Wedding

Posted Dec 13, 2010 7:49 AM CST By Debra Cassens Weiss

A suburban Chicago lawyer has sued her former fianc%C3%A9, alleging he should reimburse her for nearly $100,000 she spent on a wedding that he called off just four days before the scheduled date.

Hoffman Estates, Ill., lawyer Dominique Buttitta claims breach of a promise to marry and intentional infliction of emotional distress, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Buttitta claims in the suit that her one-time fianc%C3%A9, Vito Salerno, confessed that he hasn%E2%80%99t wanted to marry her for more than a year. She also alleges that, before the cancellation, he engaged in "flirtatious and amorous acts in public,%E2%80%9D including lap dances at his bachelor party.

by Anonymousreply 6812/14/2010

Slogged through a crap-load of snow to get to the church and found out the groom got food poisoning the night before, was rushed to the ER and they were married in his hospital room. Next day, the bride showed up at the church, announced they'd already gotten married and we all went to the reception. Groom was still in hospital. Not the kind of story you were looking for, OP, but the only one I've got!

by Anonymousreply 7012/14/2010

R39, R45, R69... cunts, all (one) of them.

by Anonymousreply 7112/14/2010

I didn't call it off but I wanted to and should have in hindsight.

Now I am a divorced gay man with 3 kids. I guess it could be worse. I love my kids.

I have a new partner now. A man obviously. My kids accept him. But they are in college.

by Anonymousreply 7212/14/2010

two of my (female) friends have been left after the wedding was set. In both cases, guys had someone else as we found out later but were cowards to say anything before weddings were planned and organized.

by Anonymousreply 7312/14/2010

You's possible that the supposed food poisoning was really just an adverse physical reaction to the wedding. Weddings. I'm not into them.

by Anonymousreply 7412/14/2010

I bet Miss Buttitta just want to get rid of that last name.

My cousin shot and killed himself the night before his wedding. He did it in his parents bathroom. I never knew about this but when I was a kid and we went to visit I'd get terrified of that bathroom. I guess it was like a panic attack or something close to it. It was years before I'd found out I'd even had a cousin and he'd killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 7512/14/2010

Well, you and I know your cousin killed himself because he was gay. For some reason he must have never left that bathroom. Sick in life...still sick in death.

by Anonymousreply 7601/05/2011

R64 It's not the same person, her name started with an M and it happened about 5 years ago. Took her about 3-4 years to get over it. I still feel bad when I think about it.

by Anonymousreply 7701/05/2011

Strange tale, R75.

by Anonymousreply 7809/05/2013

R64 is a weirdo.

What, you really think your story and R61's involves the exact same person?

Because a groom having his secret gf at the wedding never ever happens?

by Anonymousreply 7909/06/2013

I'd love to know if R35's brother ever got married.

by Anonymousreply 8009/06/2013

A really unattractive co-worker (male) had his wedding called off 5 days before the wedding by his fiancee. Personally, I was shocked that this high-powered woman was actually into him at all.

It was really embarrassing - he brought in breakfast for everyone at the office and made the announcement and returned all the gifts.

I never knew if they ended up getting married or not. I think she saw her window of opportunity shrinking - and he really did treat her very well.

by Anonymousreply 8109/06/2013

My friend, Delta Dawn, was jilted and never quite got over it.

by Anonymousreply 8209/06/2013

The world of a heterosexual is a sick and boring life.

by Anonymousreply 8309/07/2013

We once had some good DL threads on Jennifer Wilbanks, that google-eyed runaway bride.

by Anonymousreply 8409/07/2013

My brother's wedding wasn't called off, but it was postponed for 2 weeks.

However, the bride-to-be had a perfectly valid excuse: a few days before the wedding, she had a brain aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 8509/07/2013

An acquaintance from a Third World country was told he could get a Green Card by being married to an American. He paid a woman $5,000. She never showed up at City Hall for the marriage license.

by Anonymousreply 8609/07/2013

He's not a weirdo, R79, it's a Diana joke.

by Anonymousreply 8709/07/2013

Must confess I find these tales awful and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 8809/07/2013

I'm r75 and it's so strange. My dad and I were talking about this just a few weeks ago. He said I'd get night terrors when we stayed there, the only time it ever happened to me and that I said the tile scared me. Apparently my aunt had retiled the spot where the bullet that passed through her son's head had hit the wall. It was very expensive French tile and the new stuff didn't quite match up. He was creeped out by the whole thing and yes, my cousin was most likely gay. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 8909/07/2013

The night before my cousin's wedding, we were having an early rehearsal dinner. Just our family members had shown up so far. Her fiancee's brother finally shows up and announces that the wedding is off, groom changed his mind. We leave, I drive her to their house to pack a bag, the rest of the family in tow. Huge argument and fight ensues, me and some of my other cousins are shocked and embarrassed by the white trashiness of it all, but we stay and watch the show. Neighbors called the cops and the groom, bride's sister, and her husband all end up in jail overnight. My aunt had to call everyone in the morning and tell them the wedding scheduled that afternoon was cancelled. Six months later, the bride and groom eloped to Europe. He finally cut the umbilical cord to his mother. They've been married for almost twenty years and are very happy. My family is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9109/07/2013

This seems appropriate:

by Anonymousreply 9209/08/2013

I'm a wedding videographer and have seen many weddings called off at the last minute. One in particular was extremely bizarre. I arrived at the venue and immediately sensed a tense vibe. The bride's mother walked up to me and without any explanation said "Listen, if the groom's mother asks you to videotape anything, don't do it. I'm the one who paid you, not her." I told her I didn't even know who the groom's mother was, and she said "she's the dark Sicilian bitch who's dressed like a whore and wears too much makeup." Then I went into the bride's dressing room to find the bride crying hysterically while the photographer was trying to comfort her. I said "what's wrong?" and the photographer said "she's worried she looks bad and doesn't want to be photographed in her dress, she only wants to be shot from the neck up." I had to explain that it was literally impossible to videotape her wedding only showing her from the neck up but promised her she would look beautiful. All of a sudden she yelled "I CAN'T DO THIS!" and ran out of the dressing room.

Long story short - the groom spent the entire night with his ex-girlfriend, they went to a motel and did coke all night, and when the bride asked him why he told her she was a fat pig (which explains why she only wanted to be shot from the neck up). When I saw him he was completely strung out, his eyes were bloodshot, he was sweating profusely and looked like he hadn't showered. The bride and her family were on one side of the parking lot and the groom's family on the other, all of them screaming at each other like Teresa from Real Housewives of New Jersey. Meanwhile their guests are arriving.... it was surreal. After about 15 min. they called off the wedding and everybody left. I only wish I'd been secretly videotaping.

Another last minute cancellation stands out because I had to drive an hour and a half to the location. I showed up an hour before the ceremony as instructed, but my car was the only one in the parking lot, so I waited for the wedding party to show up. And waited, and waited. Finally I went into the church office and asked the manager where everyone was, and she told me the wedding had been called off that morning. When I asked her what happened, she said the couple got into a huge fight the day before at the rehearsal and it carried over to the rehearsal dinner where the groom started beating the bride and threatened to slit her throat. The next morning (day of the wedding) they cancelled the wedding and called everyone but me. The following week the bride's mother called had the nerve to ask for her money back. She didn't get it.

Luckily most of the weddings I've done have been drama-free, but there are some batshit crazy people out there!

by Anonymousreply 9309/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!