Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rob Schneider about John Travolta: There was a "Fags in Denial Who Believe in Aliens" convention

Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Brett Ratner, Harvey Keitel, Sarah Silverman and others roasted Quentin Tarantino here Wednesday at a lunch time event organized by the Friars Club.

The Friars Club Roast filled up a ballroom at midtown Manhattan's Hilton New York hotel, with Tarantino drawing what a Friars spokesman said were 2,270 guests -- a record-setting figure for the organization that has long catered to entertainment industry folks.

Jackson, who served as roastmaster, called Tarantino "a walking spaghetti Western" and cited his early love for Elvis Presley and interest in diverse film genres, including urban movies. He then quipped that he wanted to make sure to introduce Tarantino the way he would want it -- as "Quentin Super Fly Tarantino Presley."

Schneider delivered one of most incendiary comments of the night. Among his jokes, he said he knew why John Travolta, who sent a congratulatory note for Tarantino, was absent from the event. "There was a "Fags in Denial Who Believe in Aliens" convention," Schneider suggested.

by Anonymousreply 5712/28/2012

Mee-oww!

by Anonymousreply 112/04/2010

Oh shit. Who's gonna get him first? The scientologists?

Guess someone knows their career is over and just doesn't care about running their mouth.

by Anonymousreply 212/04/2010

Ahahahahaahhaaaaaa!!

by Anonymousreply 312/04/2010

Interesting comment from a guy who is best pals with Sandler who is deeeeep in his own comedy closet.

by Anonymousreply 412/04/2010

I hate Rob Schneider, but I love him for saying that. Would love to know the expressions on some of Travolta's H'wood pals when it was said.

by Anonymousreply 512/04/2010

You call him Revolta and object to fag?

by Anonymousreply 712/04/2010

Forget the joke, WTF was Rob Schneider doing at a tribute to Quentin Tarantino?%0D %0D Did Jeff Foxworthy cancel at the last minute?

by Anonymousreply 812/04/2010

R7, Since it's a Friar's Roast, he gets a pass. The events are known to be very un-PC bordering on racist.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2010

No r6 Sandler is not straight.

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2010

I was so shocked when Schneider won an Asian Image Award, but in retrospect it's pretty obvious. I loved the Sensitive Naked Man skits on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2010

Glad I didn't have to turn down and invitation to the roast.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2010

by Anonymousreply 1312/05/2010

Are we mixing up Sandler with Spade? Or are there rumors about Sandler too?

by Anonymousreply 1412/05/2010

There are rumors about Sandler too. There have been discussions here about him and he has been photographed at parties at the Abbey in West Hollywood. The links to the pics were posted in the DL thread on him.

by Anonymousreply 1512/07/2010

I'm slightly peeved about the use of the term fag; he could have just as easily use gay. But, wow! That is funny!

by Anonymousreply 1612/07/2010

I wish we could've seen the response in the audience.

Remember when South Park did that episode on Tom Cruise being in the closet? I forget the details, but I think a clip of that was shown at the Emmy's and you heard the nervous laughter from the Emmy audience. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2010

John Waters thinks that John's "sexual preference" is straight and that he's unfairly maligned as a Scientologist closet case, and furthermore that there's no proof Scientology is against gays anyway.

He also thinks Tom Cruise is straight.

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2010

And what's Waters' rationale for his conclusions? I think it's implicit that Scientology is anti-gay if it encourages people to spill everthing and be honest about their "poor behavior" in those sessions with the e-meter (is that what it's called?) and manages to collect a whole trove blackmail material. Most gays in Hollywood don't want to come out and the Scieno threat may hang over their heads.

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2010

I don't know what his rationale is.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2010

>Remember when South Park did that episode on Tom Cruise being in the closet?

And no one ever saw that episode again, did they?

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2010

From Divine movies to shilling for the Co$.

Waters has finally gone off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2010

[quote]John Waters thinks that John's "sexual preference" is straight and that he's unfairly maligned as a Scientologist closet case, and furthermore that there's no proof Scientology is against gays anyway.

I read that in his new book. Surely he can't believe that, so what's the point of writing it when he didn't even have to bring up the topic at all? It was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2010

"I was so shocked when Schneider won an Asian Image Award, but in retrospect it's pretty obvious. I loved the Sensitive Naked Man skits on SNL."

Rob is part Asian, IIRC, his mom is Filipino. If she's not Filipino, she is definitely Asian.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2010

Yes, that's where I saw it too, r24. I was surprised, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 2512/07/2010

If Waters wasn't being tongue in cheek re Travolta and Cruise, then he was only doing what Armistead Maupin and other gay men have done before him: LIE to make sure you're movies get made. (Or books get made into movies).%0D %0D You think just because someone's openly gay in Hollywood they're going to out other people? Whether they agree with outing or not, the lure of future Hollywood paychecks keeps their lips sealed.

by Anonymousreply 2612/08/2010

Nick Swardson is gay and is close with Adam Sandler. That doesn't mean Sandler is gay but it does make me wonder: is Sandler comfortable around Swardson and supportive of his projects because he's a wide scale liar, too?

by Anonymousreply 2812/08/2010

God, Maupin's been outing people for years in interviews--Merv, Selleck, even those sacred cows Paul and Joanne.

Where did you get the idea he lies for people?

by Anonymousreply 2912/08/2010

Schneider's movies are guilty pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 3012/08/2010

Is Nick Swardson openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 3112/08/2010

Scientoloroono! Scientolalee! Scientolavolta!

by Anonymousreply 3212/08/2010

R22, I've seen that episode plenty of times. It would be more damning if they really took it off the air forever.

by Anonymousreply 3312/08/2010

R22 It was banned for a time, before Paramount decided Cruise was more of a liability than an asset.

by Anonymousreply 3412/08/2010

There's more to it than that where Scientologists are concerned, R27. JW may have been mildly intrigued at one point, dabbled, and now has real reason to fear them. Many do. They're vicious.

by Anonymousreply 3512/08/2010

"God, Maupin's been outing people for years in interviews--Merv, Selleck, even those sacred cows Paul and Joanne.%0D %0D Where did you get the idea he lies for people?"%0D %0D When he said Tom Cruise was straight. Duh.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3612/08/2010

Why do I think you're full of shit? Duh!

by Anonymousreply 3712/08/2010

[quote]And he doesn't have any offspring he can kill.

Rob Schneider has a daughter, Elle Tanner Schneider (Elle Schneider) (born 1989) with ex-wife London King.

by Anonymousreply 3812/08/2010

hmmm

by Anonymousreply 3912/08/2010

Sandler comes into my restaurant semi regularly. Don't think he's gay at all. Very nice man. Of course, what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 4012/08/2010

Waters' comments often require a follow-up to see just what his acrid little brain is getting at. He never says anything without a motive, balanced carefully between maintaining his image/elan/aesthetic and his self-interests. The balance is there because he usually is scrupulously honest, in his way. Note, for example, his use of the term "sexual preference" about Travolta being straight.

So, John dear, what precisely do you mean about $cientology not being homophobic, in light of the historic evidence?

He didn't say it simply because he wants a paycheck or to get his films made. He can't get his films made no matter what he says to whom about what. And he's already sitting on so much money he doesn't need more, and he know it.

by Anonymousreply 4112/08/2010

"Is Nick Swardson openly gay?"

On his latest comedy special, he addresses this and says he is not gay, but understands why everyone thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 4212/08/2010

was Greg Geraldo there?

by Anonymousreply 4312/08/2010

[quote]12/1/2010

Yes, R44, Greg Geraldo rose from his grave to quip "Even [italic]I[/italic] can see Travolta's a fag!"

by Anonymousreply 4412/08/2010

No, Nick Swardson is not openly gay. He is closeted.

by Anonymousreply 4512/08/2010

If a black comic had said this, GLAAD would be all over it and this thread would be 15 pages long.

by Anonymousreply 4712/27/2012

I missed this the first time around. Interesting quote from Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 4812/27/2012

Rob's not black so no one will care.

by Anonymousreply 4912/27/2012

Quit the racist bullcrap R48 and R50. Schneider wasn't poking fun at gays so it doesn't matter if he's white, black, purple or puce.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see that he was taking aim at a closeted predator who belongs to a spaced-out hate-mongering homophobic cult.

"Fags in Denial Who Believe in Aliens" is a perfect description of predator Travolta as well as Tammy C.

by Anonymousreply 5012/27/2012

[quote]I hate Rob Schneider, but I love him for saying that. Would love to know the expressions on some of Travolta's H'wood pals when it was said.

DITTO

by Anonymousreply 5212/27/2012

"EVERYONE IS GAY!"

All apologies.

by Anonymousreply 5312/27/2012

Spade has to be gay...right?

by Anonymousreply 5412/27/2012

yes, Spade HAS TO BE GAY! He has to!!!

Sandler too. He HAS TO BE GAY, it's obvious!!!

No doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 5512/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.