Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anna Chlumsky signs up for ''Veep'' role

Anna Chlumsky has reportedly signed up for a role in Veep.

The HBO pilot, penned by The Thick Of It writer Armando Iannucci, stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus as a former senator who becomes the vice-president.

According to Deadline, Chlumsky has joined the show as Amy.

The character, who is the vice-president's chief of staff, has been described as "responsible" but "insecure".

Chlumsky has previously appeared in television shows including Covert Affairs, Law & Order, Cupid and 30 Rock. She also had a role in Iannucci's movie In The Loop.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012

This has flop written all over it.%0D %0D Which means HBO will renew it for a second season at the end of the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2010

You remember Anna Chlumsky? It's the girl who starred in 'My Girl'. According to Wikipedia...

Chlumsky never intended acting to be her lifelong career. As a child she considered working with horses or in paleontology. Once she reached adulthood, roles became scarce and she began to move away from acting. She attended the University of Chicago, majoring in International Studies, and graduated with a BA in 2002. During this time she ceased paying dues to the Screen Actors Guild. After graduation she worked as a fact-checker for the Zagat Survey and served as an editorial assistant for a HarperCollins science fiction-fantasy imprint. She found this work unsatisfying and decided she wanted to return to acting. She went to the Atlantic Acting School in Manhattan to receive formal training.

Chlumsky graduated from Walther Lutheran High School, and in 2002 from the University of Chicago. In October 2007, she announced her engagement to Army Reserve member Shaun So. They were married on March 8, 2008. "Shaun's family is Chinese, and my family is Catholic. So we're going to do a fusion of the two cultural traditions," Chlumsky said at the Condé Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards

What a pity she haven't made it in the big screen so far. Her only memorable role was Vada in 'My Girl'

by Anonymousreply 212/06/2012

I think this thread wins The Zombie Thread of the Year Award.

by Anonymousreply 312/06/2012

LOL

by Anonymousreply 412/06/2012

I see...

by Anonymousreply 512/06/2012

On the red carpet at Emmy awards

by Anonymousreply 612/06/2012

Another interview.

by Anonymousreply 712/06/2012

Love her in the show. My favorite line of her's last season is "You have put this office in a salad spinner of fuck!”

by Anonymousreply 812/06/2012

Interview

by Anonymousreply 912/06/2012

Short clip from Veep. Lots of F bombs.

by Anonymousreply 1012/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.