Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ronni Chasen''s $6million fortune revealed in her will... leaves thousands to charities, her favorite niece gets the bulk of he

Murdered publicist Ronni Chasen was worth millions of dollars when she was mysteriously gunned down in Beverly Hills on her way home from a star-studded Hollywood party.Her estate was worth $6.1 million, according to a copy of the will obtained today.But in what appears to be a cruel snub, the veteran movie flack made a point of leaving just $10 to one of her nieces.%0D %0D %0D %0D 'I have intentionally and with full knowledge of the consequences omitted to provide for my niece, Jill Cohen, also known as Jill Gatsby, except for the gift of $10,%E2%80%99 she wrote in the June, 1994 will.%0D %0D %0D %0D Although she left thousands of dollars to charity, the bulk of the inheritance goes to another niece, Melissa Cohen.Ms Gatsby posted an emotional song, titled 'Shining', in memory of her aunt on YouTube more than a week ago despite the nominal amount left to her.Her assistant said tonight that the 43-year-old was a screenwriter and singer/songwriter.'The phone has been ringing off the hook,'she said. On her website, Gatsby writes that she is directing and playing the lead in a thriller she wrote called 'The Torture of Delva Mills.'%0D %0D %0D %0D In her will, Miss Chasen left her Playbill programme collection and other memorabilia to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, provided when it%E2%80%99s displayed in public she gets the credit 'from the collection of Ronni Chadsen.%E2%80%99She also left cash donations, ranging up to $20,000, to charities including the Hole in the Wall Gang Fund, the Make a Wish Foundation and the Women%E2%80%99s Cancer Research Foundation.%0D %0D %0D %0D The rest at the link - it deals with the supposed murderer who committed suicide

by Anonymousreply 2108/02/2013

The title was supposed to be%0D %0D %0D %0D Ronni Chasen's $6million fortune revealed in her will... leaves thousands to charities, her favorite niece gets the bulk of her fortune, while other niece gets $10%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 112/03/2010

We know this already, posted in several threads.

by Anonymousreply 212/03/2010

when I searched, "Ronni Chase, will" nothing came up about her will

by Anonymousreply 312/03/2010

Everyone is looking at the niece now, but that is so obvious that the cops would have hauled her away by now if it were true...

The burglary is interesting though -- all the personal stuff taken while all the expensive stuff was left alone. Like someone wanted to finger the niece, who was reduced to a $10 inheritance almost two decades ago...

by Anonymousreply 412/03/2010

The niece was dissed in a 1994. Since then, Ronni might have made another -- her brother is trying to get access to the publicist's safety deposit box to find out.

by Anonymousreply 512/05/2010

Never talked about any more.

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2013

R6, It will be talked about again soon.

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2013

TY for posting, R7. The casting will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2013

It's good to know that not everyone has forgotten this.

by Anonymousreply 907/26/2013

She wrote the will in 1994, so do these things work on a percentage basis? I mean, if she had $2 million in 1994 and allocated all of it, but when she died had $6 million, what would happen to the remaining $4 million?

by Anonymousreply 1007/26/2013

A friend mine once told me that there is a camera on virtually every street in Beverly Hills.

Nothing goes unwatched there.

How a black man on a bike in the late night hours was able to get around unnoticed is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 1107/26/2013

What did the niece do that offended her so much?

by Anonymousreply 1307/26/2013

RE: A friend mine once told me that there is a camera on virtually every street in Beverly Hills.

Maybe so in the commercial district and I have never heard this before. Sunset Blvd. is residential although there was once an intersection camera at that intersection or maybe I am wrong? There is one at where the old Robinsons Dept. Store and Wilshire Blvd. is.

by Anonymousreply 1407/26/2013

[quote]What did the niece do that offended her so much?

Maybe chose such an unoriginal pseudonym as Gatsby?

by Anonymousreply 1507/26/2013

This still seems like an unsolved murder no matter what has been said.

by Anonymousreply 1607/27/2013

I agree with r16

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 1808/01/2013

I wonder how they will portray this story in the television film in the works?

by Anonymousreply 1908/01/2013

I can't speak for this case in particular, but, in general, sometimes if a certain individual is "left out" from receiving any inheritance it is because large amounts of cash may have already been loaned or gifted to that person during the decedent's lifetime. In other words, they got their inheritance early, so a provision is made to forgo it later on. It's not necessarily reflective of any ill will.

by Anonymousreply 2008/01/2013

Thanks, R20. I wouldn't have come up with that explanation, but it does make a great deal of sense. I'm no good at these probate things.

by Anonymousreply 2108/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.