Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Could somebody tell me where the ''Jake Gyllenhaal is gay'' thing came from?

I'm gay and have never been impressed with the guy but I also don't know much about him. He doesn't come across as gay and I've never heard anything of the guy being gay outside of Datalounge and a few gay centric blogs.

What's the genesis of this rumor/theory? If the guy ISN'T gay, I feel sorry for him. I also think maybe that's why more straight actors are terrified of playing gay roles because people will then hound the hell out of them for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 9810/09/2012

I never heard it prior to Brokeback Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 112/02/2010

Is there serious talk outside clof DL? To be honest, I've never heard anything outside of DL...

by Anonymousreply 212/02/2010

some toothy tile nonsense. . . .

by Anonymousreply 312/02/2010

I agree with OP 100% - it is so ridiculous how so many posters on here can state with such conviction that they know for certain that he is gay. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but where's the proof that he is? Its just a bunch of baseless rumors.

by Anonymousreply 412/02/2010

He's sexually ambiguous, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 512/02/2010

Lots of paparazzi pictures of him and his boyfriends have been posted here over the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 612/02/2010

%0D We invent rumors and then 'confirm' them to each other.

by Anonymousreply 712/02/2010

funny thread. Ever hear of "where's there's smoke, there's fire"

I've heard these rumours before he became ultra famous (BBM) and outside of DL.

I mean there are several pics of him and "good friends" floating around.

Do some research. Just plug in "is jake G gay?" on google.

by Anonymousreply 812/02/2010

Jake was making love-struck faces at Austin in public in front of photographers soon after Donnie Darko, long before Brokeback Mountain. Google Jake images.

by Anonymousreply 912/02/2010

I've never seen any real evidence he's gay either. (I'm not into him so have never sought it out, but with all the threads about him here you'd think it would be easy to find.)%0D %0D But this thing with Taylor Swift does seem like the biggest load of bullshit this side of Robsten.%0D %0D Agree with OP, it's disturbing to think this could all have come from his playing a gay role (and the bottom too!), and the lesson other actors would take from that.

by Anonymousreply 1012/02/2010

[quote] it is so ridiculous how so many posters on here can state with such conviction that they know for certain that he is gay. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but where's the proof that he is? Its just a bunch of baseless rumors.%0D %0D DataLounge get your fix of [bold] gay gossip, [/bold] news and pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 1112/02/2010

[quote] Lots of paparazzi pictures of him and his boyfriends have been posted here over the last few years.

And in one sentence, R6 explains why actors are terrified to play gay roles, in total fear of rabid fanqueens who live in a reality all their own.

by Anonymousreply 1212/02/2010

Before Taylor and Reese, he was always photographed with guys. Then he became a bigger star and suddenly girls were put on his arm.

There are MANY pictures of him out with guys and the look on his face says it all.

This same situation is also occurring with Chris Pine. Paparazzi photos of him out with a guy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1312/02/2010

R12, it has nothing to do with BBM. Somebody find a pic of him looking all lovey dovey at another guy at a basketball game (remember those pics?)not knowing he was being photographed, and shut these naysayers up.

by Anonymousreply 1512/02/2010

"He doesn't come across as gay"

Surely, one would think that by 2010 we would be over thinking that gay people "come across" as gay.

by Anonymousreply 1612/02/2010

Here's some of the pics. Not the most "loving" ones either.

by Anonymousreply 1712/02/2010

My issue with your rant, R14, is that I was in the same drama club all these male stars were in in high school where they discovered their "love of acting".

90% of us were GAY, most of us that didn't make it to Hollywood are OUT of the closet not. So, no, it was not only the heterosexual 10% that were successful.

by Anonymousreply 1812/02/2010

"I mean there are several pics of him and "good friends" floating around."

wtf? good friends? so straight men don't have good friends?

last time I checked straight stars usually had good friends posse'ing them up and down Hollywood all the time.

Look, I have no idea what Jake G's sexuality is and I really don't care, but the reasons some of you have for thinking he is gay (so many think so it must be true, he has "good friends") or that he is not gay ( he doesn't "come across" as gay) are the stuff of idiocy. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 1912/02/2010

I think it's sad that people on a gay message board still think that gay rumors are "disturbing".%0D %0D I don't care about Gyllenhaal one way or another, but the gay rumors don't come from him playing gay. If that were the case lots of actors would have gay rumors about them because nowadays most play gay once in their acting careers. %0D %0D This thread is so sad and filled with angry people.

by Anonymousreply 2012/02/2010

I agree those who want him to be straight are very angry and as determined to define his sexuality as they accuse others of being.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2010

[quote]so straight men don't have good friends?

Are they normally photographed touching and looking lovingly at each other?

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2010

"funny thread. Ever hear of "where's there's smoke, there's fire""

Yes, in fact, I believe I first heard that expression in connection with Senator Joseph McCarthy and his false allegations against people

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2010

OP what you may or may not realize is that once these stars get more famous the Hollywood machine does ANYTHING to keep a stars background washed of anything Gay.....I live in LA and have some friends in the Biz and they have confirmed Jake is don't have to take my word but for years there were the same stories about Ricky Martin, George Michael, Rock Hudson, and now it seems John Travolta.....eventually if you wait long enough the truth leaks out...

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2010

Oh yes, gay people on the internet speculating on who's gay in 2010 is exactly like the McCarthy era. Perfect analogy.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2010

It came from Ted C's Toothy Tile, which started before BBM I believe.

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2010

"Oh yes, gay people on the internet speculating on who's gay in 2010 is exactly like the McCarthy era. Perfect analogy."

It was a response to a question about an expression that no sophisticated person should ever use, especially knowing its history.

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2010

I didn't believe TT (or 90% of it anyway), but his relationships scream fake. This Taylor thing is a ridiculous sham and the Reese thing was never believable. I buy he dated Kirsten Dust...after her...none of the public girlfriends were real.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2010

I don't think gay rumors are disturbing at all, duh. What would be disturbing is if they were based on nothing but a role in a movie. That's stupid and small-minded and perpetrates the idea that there's something "other" and "apart" about gay guys.%0D %0D Those pics of Jake & Austin are no more suspicious than the tons of pics I've seen of other male stars. Yeah, there's affection there but that doesn't mean it's sexual.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2010

[quote]I don't think gay rumors are disturbing at all, duh. What would be disturbing is if they were based on nothing but a role in a movie. %0D %0D But they aren't, duh. Do you only hear what you want to hear? %0D

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2010

[quote]I live in LA and have some friends in the Biz and they have confirmed Jake is gay

Translation: I actually live in Topeka, in my parent's basement. I'm 49 years old (actually I'm 53), long term unemployed, and I've never had sex with another man in my life, much less have friends in LA in "the biz".

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2010

I would +like+ to think that he is. I would love it if he were one of us. I hope that he considers it a compliment. Someday, someone like him at the height of his popularity should just come out or even admit to a fling with a guy--there's no doubt that he did. You can't convince me otherwise.%0D %0D What gets me is that anyone who is not him and wnats to defend him considers it something demeaning.

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2010

Amen, r32, or like r31 they are hostile towards people who speculate on the lives of others, but turn around and do it themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3312/02/2010

Of course Jake could be gay and the second photo at the link earlier in this thread does make him look rather queeny. I wonder though about the comments about the Hollywood machinery in place to prevent people from knowing the secret that a star is gay. If this is such an issue, why would a closeted actor take a role as a closeted gay man in a film like Brokeback Mountain?

by Anonymousreply 3412/02/2010

My brother is as straight as an arrow, but I have pics of him looking at his friends (gay and straight) with great affection.

It doesn't mean he;s gay. It means he loves his friends.

Until JG comes out of the closet, its ALL bullshit speculation.

by Anonymousreply 3512/02/2010

My friends in LA in the movie business do not know if Jake is gay. One of them is a photographer who knows everybody.%0D %0D I don't know either. If Keith was still alive he would be gay too.%0D %0D It is kind of silly.%0D %0D Yes, where there is smoke, there is fire- but DL smoke is more like steam.%0D %0D Many many straight actors are linked for PR sake as well you know.%0D %0D Whatever he is, I have not seen proof of his sexuality on DL. I agree his relationship with Taylor Swift seem silly. But Hollywood + silly.%0D %0D I know of John Travolta first hand. I know of Timothy Dalton first hand. Older friends of mine had sex with Rock Hudson in the 60s. Ditto Roddy McDowell, Anthony Perkins... A dancer who I knew casually became Richard Chamberlaine's long term partner (now separated). Girlfriend of mine has a 3-way with Warren Beatty and Debra Winger at the Plaza years ago.%0D %0D The rest is all speculation from Geo Clooney to McBongo to Cruise. Clooney appears most likely to be- but until someone I know and trust says he had sex with him, or he comes out- myt answer would be, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 3612/02/2010

[r35] what's your point? so what? why is it bad? And yo' brother ain't so straight after all.

by Anonymousreply 3712/02/2010

Timothy Dalton? Wow. He must be bi--he was with Vanessa Redgrave for a long time and he had a kid with Mel Gibson's ex.

Debra Winger was in a threesome with Warren Beatty??? Interesting.

I have no idea about Jake--other than the rumors (and this is not coming from Ted C.). I suspect he's bi--he's emotionally attracted to women but is sexually attracted to men.

by Anonymousreply 3812/02/2010

Charlie, honey, DL is all about steam. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 3912/02/2010

[quote]Of course Jake could be gay and the second photo at the link earlier in this thread does make him look rather queeny.%0D %0D Goodness, "queeny"? Can you get any more debasing?

by Anonymousreply 4012/02/2010

Vanessa Redgrave had children with Tony Richardson ... hello?

by Anonymousreply 4112/02/2010

Gay people never marry heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 4212/02/2010

so true [r42]

by Anonymousreply 4312/02/2010

Interesting whenever Jake is fake out and about with a new beard and usually a new movie has opened, we get these DL threads started that are all more or less 'Jakwe is not gay!'. Such a wiff of the fan-club official about the place

by Anonymousreply 4412/02/2010

Jake's PR/fanclub invading ... Who else would be lunatic enough to go on a gay oriented board to ask for proof? Do you really think those close to him will risk his career and out him with evidences?

by Anonymousreply 4512/02/2010

R34, that is exactly the reaction they want you to have: Why would a closeted actor play a gay character? He must be straight.

I have heard but have never gotten solid information to back this up: While Kirsten Dunst was "dating" Jake Gyllenhaal, she was actually dating his female assistant, who is now her assistant. Apparently they have been together for years. I don't believe Kirsten has been in a relationship with a man since she "broke up" with Jake. Anyone know if it's true?

by Anonymousreply 4612/02/2010

%0D The DL will basically scream 'gay' at any good looking actor without a shred of evidence. Hell, it's the DL's primary fuel. %0D %0D Anyone pointing this out is immediately smacked down as a duped naif, a PR troll, or -- most effective -- anti-gay ("WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE IT'S AN INSULT TO BE CALLED GAY?!"). %0D %0D An actor could deny being gay, subjecting him to the DL cry "the lady doth protest too much" and subsequent giggles. Or the actor could say nothing which of course "confirms" the rumor.%0D %0D It's tiresome and more than a little embarrassing.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 4712/02/2010

"I agree with OP 100% - it is so ridiculous how so many posters on here can state with such conviction that they know for certain that he is gay."

Gay rumors about Jake Gyllenhaal started long before Brokeback Mountain.

Showmance with Reese Witherspoon confirmed the rumors. Even more pathetic showmance with Taylor Swift is proof enough - gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 4812/02/2010

once again [r47] this is a gay gossip board ...ok? understood. Why is it so important to you what a group of people on a gay gossip board post anonymously about an actor? %0D %0D *And* It is not an insult that gay people think you're gay. Jake should not care that people think he's gay and neither should you. Why is it important to you to point out that some could be mistaken about his orientation? Why is it embarassing? Are these posts plastered everywhere so that your friends might see them? If it's tiresome, go home and do something else to distract your friends so they won't read these horrible, horrible, tragic posts.

by Anonymousreply 4912/02/2010

Here's a photo of Jake looking adoringly at Annie Proulx. Same look he gives male friends. Make of it what you will.

by Anonymousreply 5012/02/2010

He's effeminate, he has lots of twink gestures.... I'm not attracted to him myself, but if the only female lead he can work with is Anne Hathaway then he could be a dragking, a woman playing a man.%0D

by Anonymousreply 5112/02/2010

That is to say Anne Hathaway has a masculine vibe and Jake has a feminine vibe. Paired with any other woman he'd seem like a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 5212/02/2010

>where's the proof that he is?%0D %0D It's not a trial. No proof/evidence is needed. It's not like he's going to be found guilty and then sentenced to jail.%0D %0D And, where's the proof that you're gay?

by Anonymousreply 5312/02/2010

He's not gay, he just carries around a tin of freshly baked cookies where ever he goes.

by Anonymousreply 5412/02/2010

[quote]I've never seen any real evidence he's gay either.

Aside from an actor's coming out, what "real evidence" would you expect to see?

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2010

She's dated a few indie musicians. I think currently she's purported to be dating someone from Riley Kilo. Whether this is true I don't know, but she's had public relationships with men since Jake.

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2010

Started out months before Brokeback...

In the beginning of 2005 Ted Casablanca posted a simple blind item about a young up and coming actor who broke up with his girlfriend and is now dating a man..He went on to say that this actor will come out as bisexual in some talk show or magazine while promoting his new movie...

by Anonymousreply 5712/02/2010

I blame Billy Crystal.

by Anonymousreply 5812/02/2010

Ted's also fanned the flames but ruling out just about every young actor BUT Jake as Toothy Tile. However I'm not really convinced Ted has ANY scoop, and his blind items are barely coherent. Still think Jake is gay, but not from anything Ted has written about it.

by Anonymousreply 5912/02/2010

r55, if I was into Jake, I'd want to see more than idle accusations from anonymous DL posters and affectionate but not sexual pictures of him and another guy. But since I'm not into him, I don't care.%0D %0D And if I were into him, I'd probably be one of the shrieking fan-marys here getting outraged at the suggestion that he's straight, lol.%0D %0D However, like I said upthread, this thing with Taylor Swift really seems like such bullshit that it's probably the best evidence I've seen that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 6012/02/2010

I hate to break it to anyone who doesn't know this, but most blind items are complete bullshit, Ted C included. That's the whole point - there are no constraints on what can be said, since you're not actually talking about anyone. Among those missing constraints is truth. Sorry, kids.

by Anonymousreply 6112/02/2010

Some blinds have turned out to be true...Not all, but some.

by Anonymousreply 6212/02/2010

and here's some blind items about some actor who was going to come out as bi

Michael Musto 02/06/06 What actor who's played gay was supposedly going to come out as bi on that talk show, but naturally didn't?

POPBITCH 2006 Which young Hollywood star is thinking of announcing that he is bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 6312/02/2010

I'm not saying they're never true - just that there's nothing keeping them from being total bullshit, which most are. They exist solely to drive traffic to the source of the BI since they do not actually convey any real info.%0D %0D Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them as much as the rest of y'all. But I do realize there's nothing to them.%0D %0D Anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6412/02/2010

Oh you fancy huh

by Anonymousreply 6612/02/2010

it IS because he played gay in BBM. Every actor that has ever played gay is presumed by the DL crowd to actually BE gay. EVERY one. Which tells you about the iq of this group.

by Anonymousreply 6712/02/2010

Oh r67 and his tired bullshit. Nobody thinks that Heath Ledger was gay. The fangirls, yes. The realists, no. Sean Penn? Tom Hanks? No. Just to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 6812/02/2010

Dunst apparently dated the guy from Razorlight, Johnny Borrell.

by Anonymousreply 6912/02/2010

[r65] As far as I am concerned every guy is gay until it is proven otherwise. So prove to me that Jake or anybody else for that matter isn't gay. And I mean really prove it. So? Go on? I am waiting ... hah! I knew it. He's gay.

by Anonymousreply 7012/02/2010

He is 100% straight, the gossip started here in 1993, and still after all these years no one can provide any proof.

by Anonymousreply 7112/02/2010

The increasingly desperate ploys for PR and fake relationships increasingly point to gay gay gay. That's the proof IMO.

by Anonymousreply 7212/02/2010

R11, what's the difference between gay gossip and fan fiction? I always thought gossip had some element of truth to it. The details may not be accurate, but the person making the statement believes it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 7312/02/2010

he likes show tunes

by Anonymousreply 7412/02/2010

"As far as I am concerned every guy is gay until it is proven otherwise."%0D %0D Kind of a stupid statement- need I explain why? But the intelligence of DL posts is not DL's strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 7512/02/2010

"Every actor that has ever played gay is presumed by the DL crowd to actually BE gay."

You are an idiot and a liar.

by Anonymousreply 7612/02/2010

NYC Publishing Executives confirm at least Two Books Planned About Toothy Tile

Instead of making everyone wait till noon, I decided to post this now cause I couldn%E2%80%99t hold it in any longer. During the past week, I%E2%80%99ve used some of my longtime contacts in the publishing business to find out if the rumors I was hearing from a publishing business friend of mine about a supposed upcoming book about Toothy Tile were true. In the end, I got more than I bargained for.

Two high up editors at major publishing houses in NYC revealed to IUC at least two books are in the works about the epic saga of Toothy Tile, including one by the star himself %E2%80%93 Jake Gyllenhaal. According to the first editor, Gyllenhaal is currently at work on a tell all autobiography, in which he%E2%80%99ll use as an opportunity to reveal to the world he is indeed Toothy Tile. %E2%80%9CIt seems he wants to write his life story and let the world know he%E2%80%99s dabbled in same sex relationships,%E2%80%9D the editor said. %E2%80%9CHe%E2%80%99ll use the book to clear up all the longstanding rumors about his sexuality. The book will definitely go to auction and end up with a seven figure advance. There%E2%80%99s huge interest in this.%E2%80%9D

The editor stressed he wanted to remain cautious. %E2%80%9CCelebs are known more than anyone to pitch books with sensational points but often chicken out when it%E2%80%99s time to go to print,%E2%80%9D the editor said. %E2%80%9CGyllenhaal%E2%80%99s people could use his alleged gay past as a way to get more money. But when the manuscript is handed in it could be a totally different story. They could tone it down, saying something like %E2%80%98it only happened once when he was drunk at a party%E2%80%99 or something of that nature. That would piss off the publisher but it would be too late to stop the book cause all the orders by bookstores would have been placed.%E2%80%9D

Editor says Jake's story would be perfect for Oprah

The editor said he became privy to the information when it was leaked to him from a representative in Gyllenhaal%E2%80%99s camp. %E2%80%9CIt was a heads up call, which happens all the time in our industry,%E2%80%9D the editor said. %E2%80%9CCelebs who want to write books often have their reps and literary agents phone publishers to gauge their interest before going out with a proposal. In this particular case, I have no doubt the book can be a no.1 bestseller. First thought I have here is it%E2%80%99s perfect for Oprah. Just imagine Jake on Oprah%E2%80%99s couch in tears telling her he would have come out sooner if he could of but he was worried about his friends, family and career. It would be the biggest thing to hit the book businees in years.%E2%80%9D

Meanwhile, IUC has learned Gyllenhaal is not the only person at work revealing the truth about Toothy Tile. An editor at Random House confirmed to IUC last week he received a proposal recently from a L.A. based author about Toothy. The editor confirmed the writer was represented by a well known New York literary agent. He refused to reveal the name of the writer because of confidentiality purposes. %E2%80%9DIt%E2%80%99s a solid proposal, a very compelling story, something that could make waves,%E2%80%9D the editor said. He refused to say whether or not he acquired the rights to the book. %E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m not allowed to reveal things like that,%E2%80%9D he said.

by Anonymousreply 7712/02/2010

It's all speculation and wishful thinking because he played gay on screren. And when you try to inject some rational thought into the conversation, the pro-gay contingent reflexively shouts back that you're an "idiot" or a "moron," but never denies the facts that I presented.

by Anonymousreply 7812/02/2010

R67 - you must be new around here. By that, I mean at the time of BBM, there were tons of threads on here, and elsewhere, about Ted's 'Toothy Tile' posts (and there were numerous ones). As a previous poster mentioned, Ted ruled out just about everyone BUT Jake, and it seemed purposeful on his part. I'm not saying I ever believed it, but it was more that just the usual 'DL fantasy' threads going on about this.

by Anonymousreply 7912/02/2010

R78 - get a brain.

by Anonymousreply 8012/02/2010

"the pro-gay contingent"?

by Anonymousreply 8112/02/2010

[quote]What's the genesis of this rumor/theory? %0D %0D Lance Armstrong - duo bike trips in the Alps, biking along the Riviera, yacht sailing in the Med, biking down the Cali coast, yachting in Mexico...%0D %0D %0D %0D [quote]If the guy ISN'T gay, I feel sorry for him. %0D %0D %0D No doubt, it's awful to be thought gay. That's why we're all going back in the closet. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8212/02/2010

R46: Liat Baruch is the girl Kirsten's rumored to be dating for years, though I think it started after she and Jake split.

by Anonymousreply 8312/02/2010

I think Jake's relationship with Taylor is proof that he (and she) is a fame whore more than anything. He has said many times, quite explicitly, that he wants big A-list fame. Since his break-up with Reese his star has dimmed quite a bit, now he's getting attention again.

He's never pinged for [italic]me[/italic], but I know he does a for a lot people off this board as well. Who knows!

by Anonymousreply 8412/02/2010

That's interesting, r77. However, it was posted nearly two years ago, so I guess no book is coming out. Still, it "names names" so ...

by Anonymousreply 8512/02/2010

[quote]after all these years no one can provide any proof.%0D %0D Where's the proof, r71, that you're sane? No one has provided that proof so we all have our suspicions. Are you posting from St. Elizabeth's? If not, please provide proof in regard to your sanity. %0D

by Anonymousreply 8612/02/2010

Um, charlie, we're taking up a collection to buy you a sense of humour. Get a grip, moron.

by Anonymousreply 8712/03/2010

Kirsten Dunst was on the red carpet for All Good Things when a reporter asked her if she thinks her ex, Jake Gyllenhaal, has made a good match with Taylor Swift. "Next!" She said. "Since she dated Gyllenhaal for so long, she must have some opinion, one reporter asked Dunst. The actress laughed. 'Next!' she cried."%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 8812/03/2010

Isn't Kirsten Dunst one of Cameron Crowe's $cientologists?

by Anonymousreply 8912/03/2010

Around the time of her first breakup with Jake, I recall Dunst making some comment about having to stop dating gay men or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 9012/03/2010

Here's my take: Back in 2005 my friend stopped into the Booth to pick up "Pillowman" tickets for a friend. While I was waiting out front, intermission started and the audience emptied out onto the sidewalk. I noticed one guy with arresting eyes and a buzz cut - yep, Jakie. Must've just gotten back from filming "Jarhead."

Now, I have no definitive proof, but I was damn sure that boy was cruising the crowd. And I know from cruising. Let's just say there was a whole lotta pingin' goin' on. Definitive, no. Subjective, yes. But I'm just sayin'...

by Anonymousreply 9112/03/2010

[quote]I have heard but have never gotten solid information to back this up: While Kirsten Dunst was "dating" Jake Gyllenhaal, she was actually dating his female assistant, who is now her assistant. Apparently they have been together for years. I don't believe Kirsten has been in a relationship with a man since she "broke up" with Jake. Anyone know if it's true?%0D %0D Liat?%0D %0D Whole thread on it on L Chat. %0D %0D No but THIS I can believe. Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal, both basically gay kids dating the same sex and hanging out pretending to date, having a great time as friends pulling the fucking wool over the world's eyes for years and getting away with it?%0D %0D Works for me. Why not?%0D %0D Good for them I say but you can't run from the homo forever. S/he'll always catch up! %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9212/05/2010

The only way I would believe the Jake rumours is if he suddenly became of Scientoligist. Until that happens, I have no reason whatsoever to believe that he isn't anything but 100 percent straight.

by Anonymousreply 9312/05/2010

Well then you don't need to keep hanging out here then do you?%0D %0D What is there here for you? The vast majority either don't give a shit about him or think he's a closet case, still.%0D %0D I can hardly pretend everything I've seen and read about the guy from a multitude of different sources over several years doesn't count for something re his apparent gayness. In my book he's a question mark. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9412/05/2010

You know, it's funny how everyone sets their default button on heterosexuality. Let's just assume everyone's straight until we get hard evidence (literally) that they're otherwise. And heaven forbid that anyone be accused of being a shameful degenerate homosexual unless it's beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It's well known that there are careers that homosexual men tend to gravitate towards: decorating, landscaping, hairdressing, ballet dancing and - GASP!!! - acting. Only with acting the business has a very heavy investment in presenting actors as being absolutely straight. But still, you get all these nagging persistent rumors about actors (and no, not just on DL, but all over the net). As the cliche goes "where there's smoke, there's gotta be a fire." As far as acting goes, the burden of proof needs to be that they're straight, not gay.

by Anonymousreply 9510/09/2012

Jake owes his "gay notoriety" to Ted Casablanca and his nickname for Jake: Toothy Tile.

by Anonymousreply 9610/09/2012

[italic] ENOUGH. [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 9710/09/2012

He may not be Gay, but I would still lick his hole. I was hard almost the entire time during "End of Watch".

by Anonymousreply 9810/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!