Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

FUCK ANTS! Fuck ''em right in their little assholes.

Motherfuckers. I have a pest control come every 3 months, but when I got home tonight the bastards were EVERYWHERE. Every drawer in the kitchen, every shelf, all over my pantry, the dishes, the boxed goods, the floors, the walls. FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 5403/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 112/01/2010

First figure out what kind of ant it is..sweet or oil/grease. The buy corresponding ant bait. It gets the majority of species and will kill the queen. Poisons just knock down the population temporarily. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 212/01/2010

clean up the koolaid you slop when the vodka you mix it with get you too looped to keep it in the glass.

by Anonymousreply 312/01/2010

Here's what you need, OP. Best ant bait on the market.

by Anonymousreply 412/01/2010

natural remedies

by Anonymousreply 512/01/2010

Gotta be clean clean clean OP.

by Anonymousreply 612/01/2010

Stop bug abuse.

by Anonymousreply 712/01/2010

I had trouble with ants and the only thing that really took care of them was being clean.

by Anonymousreply 812/01/2010

I spray Avon Skin So Soft oil on the trail. Ants hate it and I don't worry about the cats getting into it.

by Anonymousreply 912/01/2010

Them's good eatin'

by Anonymousreply 1012/01/2010

OK, this thread title made me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 1112/01/2010

Ants don't have assholes, but assholes often have ants.

by Anonymousreply 1212/01/2010

+1 for Terro. it's a clear, odorless gel that they eat and take back to their nest to share with all the other ants and the queen, then they all die within a couple of days and you never even see the bodies.

but, it sounds like you have a super colony living under your residence, OP. see link for scary reality: common smelly house ants are taking over the world.

by Anonymousreply 1312/01/2010

[quote]then they all die within a couple of days and you never even see the bodies.

Seems like an awful waste.

by Anonymousreply 1412/01/2010

It's not you I am mad at.It's the ants! The ants!%0D %0D Spray Helga! Spray!

by Anonymousreply 1512/01/2010

R14=Mrs. Lovett

by Anonymousreply 1612/01/2010

OP, my pest control guy said if I find ants and he can't get there right away, spray Windex on them. It has ammonia in it and apparently they don't like it or it kills them or something. %0D %0D At least stuff will get cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 1712/01/2010

Forget it OP. You have no chance.

by Anonymousreply 1812/01/2010

According to at least one source, one-third of the animal biomass on land is ants or termites.

by Anonymousreply 1912/01/2010

I'm still trying to get around the OP's "boxed goods" being covered in ants.

by Anonymousreply 2012/01/2010

Yeah. Frosted Flakes. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And now, the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 2112/02/2010

Another shout out for Terro, they sell the baits at Target. Tried them this past season after the little buggers showed up in the spring and didn't have any all summer and fall. They worked quickly and I only replaced a couple of the original baits once because I saw they dried up. First time in years the place has been ant free.

by Anonymousreply 2212/02/2010

When you attack an ant nest, the workers will carry off the queen ant and the next in line for the throne, and the result will be two or more nests where you started out with one.

I recall reading a few years back that this was no longer the case in California, because there is, in essence, ONE ENORMOUS ANT NEST running the entire length of the state.

by Anonymousreply 2312/02/2010

Thanks everyone. Will get some Terro in the morning.

Interesting info on ants too. Smart little bastards.

R20, what's wrong with boxed goods? Pasta, cereals, quinoa, etc

by Anonymousreply 2412/02/2010

[quote]According to at least one source, one-third of the animal biomass on land is ants or termites.

Thank God for that, since the entire ecosystem depends on ants and termites.

Whoever said make them eat some stuff they'll carry to their nest and destroy it is an ignorant asshole. Keep your house clean and apply insect barriers on windows and door.

by Anonymousreply 2512/02/2010

The Argentine Ants of SoCal are on the warpath after the recent rains. If a single ant finds so much as a crumb on your kitchen counter, you'll have millions in 30 minutes or less.

Worst imported pest ever!

The ONLY thing they're good for is keeping Fire Ants out of the state.

by Anonymousreply 2612/02/2010

r23, I see your state and raise you the globe.

by Anonymousreply 2712/02/2010

OP, if ants are running around your boxes of cereal, you can do what a lot of people are doing now - get glass jars or plastic tupperware-type containers to store cereal, crackers, etc. Ants can smell anything that's not in a can or jar.%0D %0D It will also keep your food fresher and prevent mealybugs in your pantry. Another thing you can do is buy a Food Saver - it vacuum seals food and extends the life of the food a long time. Food saver bags can also go in the freezer for meat, and it preserves food longer by pushing the air out. Ants can't smell it then. %0D %0D Also, spray windex or ammonia around their trails.

by Anonymousreply 2812/02/2010

Get an anteater.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2010

You can also do a temp fix with caulk if you can find out where they are coming from. Eventually, though, they will eat thought that shit too, the little bastards. I read somewhere that fire ants will not cross a line of fresh coffee grounds. Anyone else heard that?

by Anonymousreply 3012/02/2010

Op, I fucking hate ants, too. Seeing a streaming army of them marching through the kitchen or anywhere at home makes my skin crawl. My partner is not in the least bit bothered by them and just wipes them up with paper towel. I, on the other hand am an ant destroying militant who will not stop till they are all dead. I'm sure the Terra traps mentioned work well, but for immediate death and destruction of them you can buy a poison free spray called "Poison Free Ant and Roach Killer." It comes in a yellow can, you can usually find it at Home Depot or OSH. It's made out of cedar oil I believe.

by Anonymousreply 3112/02/2010

I'm not thrilled with ants but I cannot stand roaches. I remember the night the overhead fan over our bed kept clinking and I finally noticed that one of those big palmetto roaches was skittering around in and out where the fixture goes up in the ceiling. I think it got into the attic and was using the slight gap as a doorway into our bedroom. After screaming like a little girl, I ran out and refused to sleep in that room until bf took care of sealing the gap and exterminating inside and out. Fuckers!!!

by Anonymousreply 3212/02/2010

by Anonymousreply 3312/14/2010

I've had my house for twenty years. Usually we'd get a few ants at Tje beginning of summer and is buy some ant combats around and they'd disappear until the following summer. Rinse, repeat.

They showed up this winter in my house. I bought combats and then more combats. And more. And there are more ants than ever.

Over the past two years, I've acquired 4 nervous, formerly stray cats. If I call an exterminator, do I have to take all the cats out of the house for hours? Just taking one cat to the vet is an insane experience. I don't know if I can deal with trying to catch all 4 and stuff them in a carrier. Three are exclusively indoor cats. One goes outside but stays very close to the house, patrolling the perimeter of the outer walls.

by Anonymousreply 3403/20/2013

Ants hate vinegar, I suggest you wipe it all over the pantry. Don't blame your anger, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3503/20/2013

Salt works to keep out ants as well as vampires. Kill two birds with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 3603/20/2013

by Anonymousreply 3703/20/2013

live in a better climate, OP

by Anonymousreply 3803/20/2013

I have a friend in Michigan that is having a terrible time with ants this winter . His kitchen is crawling with the little critters.

by Anonymousreply 3903/20/2013

look at this amazing photo from "Adventures Among Ants"

a "minor worker" ant riding on the head of a "major worker" ant

by Anonymousreply 4003/20/2013

[quote]Scientists have discovered that ants from Argentina have taken up residence around the world and may all be part of a single colony.

That queen and I are in direct competition for most offspring.

by Anonymousreply 4103/20/2013

Keep boxed goods in the frig or in ziplock bags. Get the right bait they will be gone in two days.

by Anonymousreply 4203/20/2013

I don't wipe my ass. It tends to keep the ants away.

by Anonymousreply 4303/20/2013

OP, if you live in a building (condo or apt) then they have to attack this as a building wide problem. It is rarely just one unit.

by Anonymousreply 4403/20/2013

your pest control guy needs to put down a bait so the ants can take the bait and carry it back to the queen. do NOT kill the ants or even one ant, as it will give off an alarm to the other ants and there will be more ants before you know it. Let them eat the bait. it takes a couple days but it works like a charm. your pest control guy should know what kind of ants they are and what kind of bait is needed. it works.

by Anonymousreply 4503/21/2013

If you can find a little bottle of liquid (less expensive - lasts for years) instead of the traps - it is kind of like a science experience.

I use 1-inch x 2-inch pieces of greyboard (like cereal boxes) and put a couple of large drops on each one.

Put several around on the counter, couple in each cupboard, on the edge of the floor, etc. where you see them trail. Maybe lots, in your case.

Soon you will see hundreds of the critters on each cardboard, lapping it up. It's creepy and amazing.

Next morning - they are gone.

You might have to refresh the drops on the cardboard pieces because they really do make it disappear.

Eventually, toss the cardboard...and wipe down surfaces.

Haven't had outbreaks in years.

by Anonymousreply 4603/21/2013

The Argentine Ants that infest coastal California are tiny and don't really do anything except annoy the shit out of you by showing up in huge numbers.

But... they continue to keep Fire Ants at bay.

For this we can be thankful.

by Anonymousreply 4703/21/2013

This will not be a problem under the reign of our new almiqui overlords.

by Anonymousreply 4803/21/2013

I admit this is not an environmentally correct solution, but I hate ants more than anything. COMET Cleaner works like a charm. Find any source of entry and encircle it with the stuff.

At our yearly family campout, we draw lines around the cooking areas and picnic tables and never see ants. For the RVs, we put more Comet lines around the tires, doors and, most importanly, the pipes that bring water in to the campers. That's a major source of ants getting in to the campers. I swear, it works like a charm.

by Anonymousreply 4903/21/2013

Boric acid will work just as well, r49, and it won't fuck up the environment as much.

by Anonymousreply 5003/21/2013

Commet will not get rid of sugar ants. They come in looking for water, not food.

by Anonymousreply 5103/21/2013

Splenda was originally developed as an insecticide. Put Splenda out on the counter and it kills the ants.

by Anonymousreply 5203/21/2013

Anyone else getting itchy reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5303/21/2013

No but my building is being tented for termites in my, so it's making me depressed.

by Anonymousreply 5403/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!