Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Remembering JFK Jr.

Born on November 25, 1960. He would be at the half-century mark today.%0D %0D People remember the photo of him saluting at his father's funeral. My favorite photo was actually a series of pictures of him, as an adult, walking along a Hyannis dock with a bucket of water. A photographer says something nasty to a woman, so JFK Jr. takes his bucket of water and douses the surprised photog.

by Anonymousreply 26109/19/2013

I wonder what his life would have been like if he had lived.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2010

Oprah is doing a show on him today.

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2010

I saw him once on the street in DC - he was dressed casually and unbelievably handsome, he had such a presence! He was stopped looking at something in a store window so I was able to look at him for awhile and just couldn't believe how gorgeous he was.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2010

[quote]A photographer says something nasty to a woman, so JFK Jr. takes his bucket of water and douses the surprised photog.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2010

Never met or saw him in person, but my sister -quite a beauty then herself - did at the '96 Democratic convention. R3, she found him to have the opposite of presence. She said there was no "there" there. She surprised herself by finding Kevin Costner - at the very same party she attended - to be the one who stood out.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2010

He would have been mayor of New York City. And now...

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2010

He wasn't happy that Hillary was running for the Senate in New York. I think he would have run for office and won.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2010

Miss him. Poor carolyne schlossberg

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2010

[quote]He wasn't happy that Hillary was running for the Senate in New York. I think he would have run for office and won.

Very unlikely. Too big a risk running against Clinton. Substance abuse problems with his wife. His prior drug use.

And while not unintelligent, he was not the brightest bulb at Andover or Brown.

July 16

September 19

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2010

I met him when I was working at a now defunct Hachette publication. George was being launched and his office was right next to ours. He was a VERY nice guy, good manners, very easygoing, no airs. Didn't act self-entitled or smarmy like many celebrities. %0D %0D Very sad what happened later. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2010

I knew John slightly, only on a professional basis. All I can say was that he was a very sweet and personable guy, always very considerate, seemingly aware of the difficulties of his immense fame which he bore with an apparent marked degree of grace. I have no idea what life would have had in store for him, but I do believe he took the world and his opportunities in it seriously and that he would have tried to do good.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2010

Imagine the babies and Diana could have made. Wouldn't it have been a scream if she'd divorced Charles, been stripped of her rank and then become First Lady with the new President Kennedy?!!!! Wallis Simpson's REVENGE!!!

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2010

I'll never forgive that self righteous lunatic Oprah Winfrey for iviting John on her show only to TOTALLY disregard his career as editor of a magazine (which he was told they would discuss) just to talk about his murdered father and recently deceased mother. No shame.

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2010

I bet he would have been sexy at 50.

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2010

The only reason he was famous is because of his Dad. He was good-looking, but unintelligent. A bad public speaker.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2010

he knew it too r15. So what's your bloody point?

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2010

I wonder if he would have been the media's choice for president in 2008?

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2010

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2010

Do you think he and Carolyn would still be married today?

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2010

I doubt it. No offense to the late Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, but supposedly she made his life pretty difficult once the ring was placed on her bony finger.

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2010

Sadly, I agree with R15. There was nothing special there, as in "JFK" special. I think he had way too much to live up to.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2010

Any gossip on them?

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2010

As a rule I don%E2%80%99t watch Oprah, but over the years I%E2%80%99ve noted how people on DL have emphasized her narcissism. Today I saw it in action. The John-John show was mostly about HER, how %E2%80%9Cup in the top of her head%E2%80%9D SHE was during the interview, how SHE couldn%E2%80%99t stand HERSELF in the interview (ad nauseum), how overwhelmed by his celebrity SHE was, how SHE%E2%80%99S glad no one (especially HER) ever got an interview with Jackie, what the effect of JFK Jr.%E2%80%99s death on HER was, so traumatic that SHE had to write a column about it in HER magazine (cut to shot of said issue), how SHE turned down an offer to appear on the cover of George, etc. Now I know why I don%E2%80%99t watch Oprah.%0D %0D And yes, I do remember that SHE placed herself front and center, in red, at the Legends Ball.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2010

He seemed pretty aware of his responsibilities and limitations. That branch of the Kennedy family has had a lot of sorrow. Losing the father, uncle, mother at a relatively young age and the son even younger. They had a lot of power and influence, but they definitely paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2010

[quote]Imagine the babies and Diana could have made. Wouldn't it have been a scream if she'd divorced Charles, been stripped of her rank and then become First Lady with the new President Kennedy?!!!! Wallis Simpson's REVENGE!!!%0D %0D Umm, Diana had actually picked an Arab play boy and may or may not have been pregnant. And sorry, John wouldn't have made Senator, let alone President.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2010

Diana was not pregnant by Dodi, nor was she even considering marriage. That's all a bunch of fiction supported by his arriviste father.

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2010

I admire the fact that he conducted himself in public with grace and good humour. Jackie was a good mum.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2010

hi OP-rah... thanks for starting this thread so folks will watch your show

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2010

JFK Jr. and Diana would have been the most glamous couple of all time!

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2010

He wouldn't have turned out to be any dumber than Sarah Palin. And he probably would have known that North Korea is the enemy and not South Korea.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 3511/26/2010

R35: give it a rest, like you are being told in every single thread where you are insisting upon inserting Palin's name in it; regardless of it not being on topic.

by Anonymousreply 3611/26/2010

R36 because it's irrelevant that Palin knows the difference between North and South Korea.

by Anonymousreply 3711/26/2010

R36, I'm not in any other thread introducing Palin into a non-Palin topic. You spend too much time here. %0D %0D But people have always said that JFKJr wasn't the brightest bulb. But how could he have been any dimmer than she-who-must-not-be-mentioned. But you know "that one's" supporters would have been yammering on about him if he had lived to be a threat to her.%0D %0D I think it's sad that all that beauty is gone because he didn't have the intelligence to know he shouldn't have been flying that plane. Hell, there's always another Kennedy cousin wedding to attend; he could have skipped that one and gone to the next one. That's the advantage of having a breeder aunt like Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 3811/26/2010

I miss him. I liked seeing pix of him roller blading in central park and in people mag. I knew someone who was in a group playing touch football in central park and he joined in and played with them. He also used to forget to cash his paychecks when he worked for the DA.

I think he was a cool dude. I don't know why he hooked up with C Bessette she was the Heather Mills of the US.

by Anonymousreply 3911/26/2010

He really was an impressive blend of his parents, aesthetically. Better-looking than either of them. The opposite of a Willis-Moore child.

by Anonymousreply 4011/26/2010

Yes, R40, you might say he was a Fiat in a family of Fords.

by Anonymousreply 4111/26/2010

Or a private plane in a family of cars.

by Anonymousreply 4211/26/2010

[quote]As a rule I don't watch Oprah, but over the years I've noted how people on DL have emphasized her narcissism. Today I saw it in action. The John-John show was mostly about HER, how "up in the top of her head" SHE was during the interview, how SHE couldn't stand HERSELF in the interview (ad nauseum), how overwhelmed by his celebrity SHE was, how SHE'S glad no one (especially HER) ever got an interview with Jackie, what the effect of JFK Jr.'s death on HER was, so traumatic that SHE had to write a column about it in HER magazine (cut to shot of said issue), how SHE turned down an offer to appear on the cover of George, etc. Now I know why I don't watch Oprah.

I saw that r27 -- watching Kennedy squirm under her questions and then seeing her make his death all about her life, I felt so bad for him -- worse than when he died.

by Anonymousreply 4311/26/2010

If JFK, Jr. had not died, he would definitely have run for the Senate from New York. it was in the works. His Uncle Ted and he had talked about it. He had absolutely no trepidation about running against Hilary, if it came down to that. You can take that to the bank, people.%0D %0D No one would have said a single word about his wife's "problems." You have no idea how many Washington wives have similar "problems." Drugs, Alcoholism, promiscuity, etc. abound in politics and it isn't only the officeholders who have the problem.

by Anonymousreply 4411/26/2010

Anyone who thinks John couldn't have been a Senator or the President doesn't pay ANY attention to politics. He was perfect and there is a very convincing theory that his plane crash was actually an assassination plot and that it was George W Bush earning his stripes.

by Anonymousreply 4511/26/2010

r45 is nuts. JFKjr may have been a nice guy, but he was a bit of a failure. The bar, the magazine etc. Caroline is the smart Kennedy child and look how her bid for the Senate went.%0D %0D As for Diana, he wasn't her type. Long term affair with James Hewitt. Later she went after Dodi and stalked some Pakistani doctor and may have slept with Will Carling. These guys couldn't have been more different.

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2010

John may not have shined at college as some students do, but he was without doubt a smart guy. I've known many people who were highly intelligent who either never went to college or didn't do that well in college. The college routine is not for everyone. Some very smart people do miserably in a college environment yet go on to do great things in their professional and personal lives.

While John may not have been academically gifted (he got through at least), I think he had a very good head on his shoulders and may have made a very good politician. The main thing that might have been to his detriment would have been having to work with all the various lunatics, crooks, thieves, and underhanded assholes who inhabit politics at all levels. John was nothing if not a good man who wanted to help make life better for people less privileged than himself.

by Anonymousreply 4711/26/2010

Can somebody write out a graphic description of how he died? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 4811/26/2010

His plane crashed into the sea R48. Apparently the crash was so violent the plane broke up on contact with the water. I don't think Carolyn's sister's body was ever found (I may be wrong). But from what I've read the bodies of John and Carolyn were horrible sights by the time they brought them to the surface.

by Anonymousreply 4911/26/2010

R46, wonkiness is now a turn off in politics. Charisma and name recognition are what win races.

by Anonymousreply 5011/26/2010

did you actually fly the plane vertically into the water, thinking he was flying straight ahead?

by Anonymousreply 5111/26/2010

sorry... did HE fly the plane into the water i mean...

by Anonymousreply 5211/26/2010

George W. Bush didn't need to "earn his stripes"

by Anonymousreply 5311/26/2010

Yes, he could have done that, R51/52.

by Anonymousreply 5411/26/2010

I don't think they'll ever really know why he crashed that plane. From all their investigations it did appear as if he simply did not know how close he was to the water.

Of course there were the wild rumors that he and Carolyn got into a massive fight while he was flying the plane and that's what made him crash. I don't think anyone of any intelligence ever gave that much credibility.

by Anonymousreply 5511/26/2010

"I don't know why he hooked up with C Bessette she was the Heather Mills of the US."

How do women like Carolyn and Heather get these men? They're not really beautiful, or intelligent, or talented. I never understood it.

by Anonymousreply 5611/26/2010

R56, I think these guys are so used to women fawning over them that they get intrigued by a brittle or bitchy woman.

by Anonymousreply 5711/26/2010

This will give you nightmares!...

by Anonymousreply 5811/26/2010

Kennedy lost the horizon on a hazy night, and got a form of vertigo that occurs when you pay attention to your brain instead of the instruments. He may have believed he was flying level all the way down into the water...

by Anonymousreply 5911/26/2010

If that's true, R59, wouldn't Carolyn and Lauren have detected the change in direction and try to warn him???

by Anonymousreply 6011/26/2010

If anything, he'd be arguing with them because he'd feel it was fine even if they did not. And even if he could respond to their directions, their brains would have been experiencing a similar vertigo.

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2010

He no doubt would have eventually divorced Bessette. That marriage was a disaster in the making.

by Anonymousreply 6211/27/2010

She was a drop-dead gorgeous, but very silly, queen on roller skates is the image we retain....

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2010

Explain this vertigo, r59. I'm familiar with this case but I've always wondered about this vertigo thing. Can you go into more detail?

by Anonymousreply 6411/27/2010

Check out this article, R64

by Anonymousreply 6511/27/2010

There were a lot of Kennedy plane crashes. He should have taken that as a sign to stay away from trying to fly. Joe Jr.'s crash also has pretty weird circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 6611/27/2010

Joe Jr.'s was weird? Wasn't he piloting a planes packed with explosives?

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2010

Yeah, but I found it weird that the co-pilot he was flying with had pulled rank on Joe Jr.'s usual co-pilot in order to fly that mission. Then the bombs went off two minutes before they were supposed to and they were dead.

by Anonymousreply 6811/27/2010

I miss seeing him in photos, too...probably because there has been no man since who rivals his good looks, great sense of style, charisma, and Kennedy mystique. I think he would have been in politics at some level and he would have had kids at this point. It'll be interesting to see how Caroline's kids will grow up, especially the one named John.

by Anonymousreply 7011/28/2010

I miss JFK Jr. I saw him on the streets of NY and in Central Park on a few occasions and he looked exactly the same in person as he did in pictures. Just a breathtakingly handsome man with a body most other men would kill for. %0D %0D He would have been 50 years old on this year's Thanksgiving. To be honest, I can't imagine JFK Jr. at that age, especially what he would have looked like. I feel the same way about Princess Diana, who would have been 50 this summer. Impossible for me to imagine either one of them as middle-aged.

by Anonymousreply 7111/28/2010

I think he and Carolyn would be divorced now. I never saw her so-called beauty and glamor. She was a too thin bland blonde imo. She always looked like she was on the verge of collapse from hunger to me.

by Anonymousreply 7311/28/2010

For once and for all, the picture at R72 is a fake.

by Anonymousreply 7411/28/2010

Who was the actress he was involved with for a long time (Jackie did NOT approve)?%0D %0D Did he fuck Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 7511/28/2010

Daryl Hannah, r75? Seems like they were together most of the early '90s.

by Anonymousreply 7611/28/2010

Why so R74? Not arguing just curious. Is it a total fake or just not JFK Jr. I've seen victims pulled from the water and they are horrible looking. The pictures from that Christmas day tsunami in Thailand were hideous.

by Anonymousreply 7711/28/2010

JFK Jr. was steller in looks and grace. He did pass the bar exam, worked for a living, was able to speak in public and was nice to anyone he met and had 300 hours as a pilot.%0D %0D To post here about his "lack of intelligence" or "poor public speaking skills" etc. is absured.%0D %0D How many people do you know with those credentials who are famous and still have this kind of charm and charisma?%0D %0D He looked gorgeous in the Oprah interview and did not rely on his looks to get attention.%0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 7811/28/2010

We would not still be writing about him if he was not gorgeous. I did not particularly like his mother, but she was right about his ability as a pilot.

by Anonymousreply 7911/28/2010

RE: I did not particularly like his mother%0D %0D %0D How many here really knew Jackie personally to judge her?%0D %0D When I think about things Jackie had to live with and live through, I think she is a true heroine.%0D %0D P.S. I am a Republican

by Anonymousreply 8011/28/2010

I admired JFK Jr. because he could have been a trust fund wastrel who did nothing with his life and coasted on his looks, fame and money but he didn't. %0D %0D He worked for a living and remained unaffected by his looks and celebrity status. He was involved in charities in and around NYC when he didn't have to be. He took the NYC subway and rode his bike around town when he could have had a car at his disposal. %0D %0D Unlike another millionaire son of a former President (AKA that shitstain we had in the Oval Office for eight endless years), JFK Jr. was a decent human being who never had a sense of entitlement. Say what you want about Jackie, but she was an excellent mother.

by Anonymousreply 8111/28/2010

"He worked for a living and remained unaffected by his looks and celebrity status."%0D %0D Oh, please. He didn't "work for a living"; he had so much money he never had to work at all. But he had to do SOMETHING; it sure wouldn't have looked good for the son of JFK to not to have occupied at least some of his time in some kind of work position. And he was totally aware of his looks and celebrity status; it opened a lot of doors for him, created a lot of opportunities for him that most people never even dream of?%0D %0D Jackie an "excellent mother?" Let's see...her son meandered through life with no specific career or goal in mind. He married a bitchy ice princess. And died in a plane crash due to his own ineptitude. Her daughter is a cuntish, stuck-up twat with a bad case of "money lust", inherited no doubt from Mummy. I don't think that John F. Kennedy Jr. and Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg are great examples of "excellent" parenting.

by Anonymousreply 8211/28/2010

He could have been much less humble for being so objectified. A true Prince.

by Anonymousreply 8311/28/2010

[quote]He no doubt would have eventually divorced Bessette. That marriage was a disaster in the making.

Someone told me she was cheating on him. Anyone here part of the same circle of friends as CBK and JFK Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 8411/29/2010

The only glimpse of grace at the time of JFK Jr's death was that Jackie was not alive to see it. I don't think the country could have borne it to once again watch her grieving, but now for her son. God in his small mercies...

by Anonymousreply 8511/29/2010

I do wonder about his marriage to Carolyn Bessette. A lot of speculation about the status of their relationship, but nothing has ever been truly established.

As far as Oprah... Can she for once just let a celebrity guest fully answer a question before interrupting them!

by Anonymousreply 8611/29/2010

Why did his wife appear so haunted in photo's? Her face told the story of that marriage better than any tabloid could. She looked like one of Mick Jagger's gals, just starting to dabble with the big "H'.

by Anonymousreply 8711/29/2010

R85, it's been established that if Jackie were alive, John wouldn't have had the balls to pilot his own plane.

by Anonymousreply 8811/29/2010

Just so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 8911/29/2010

Excerpt from a recent article on the "end of Camelot" claiming that John-John's death was the beginning of the end for the Kennedy clan as a political force:

[quote]In retrospect, many see the crumbling of the Kennedy legacy, as well as its slow slide into a pure showbiz sideshow, as beginning with the chiselled form of John F Kennedy Jr, who tragically died in a plane crash with his wife Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy in 1999. In death, he became truly great, the handsome embodiment of the Kennedy curse and what his uncle Ted would call a possible contender for the presidency. In life, Kennedy Jr was mocked as a pretty face who would never live up to his father's legacy; a man who failed the New York Bar exam twice. Eventually, we stopped caring about any of that -- he was just so damn gorgeous -- and his successful career in magazine publishing became respectable and set the tone for a new generation of opt-out Kennedys.

[quote]The world was changing, too -- celebrity didn't need a reason. Princess Diana was the Queen of Hearts and JFK Jr was very definitely America's Handsome Prince. His cousins face similar expectations, but they aren't buffered by his popularity or his princely charisma.

Full article at link.

by Anonymousreply 9011/29/2010

Pat Manocchia (celebrity personal trainer) was on Howard Stern yesterday and said that he used to room with John at Brown. He said that John was much smarter than people gave him credit for and that he was very easy going about his looks and pedigree.

by Anonymousreply 9112/02/2010

He was a good kid. When he and his wife were missing and then found, NYers were really down about it. He was just a mensch, a local kid.%0D %0D I saw him twice; once at Xmas time walking west on 53rd St. away from 5th Ave. with Cartier's at his back -- he was just a normal person, no entourage, very good looking but not in a slick way. I wondered if he'd been shopping for his mom and was staggered at the thought of having to buy *anything* for her. %0D %0D I was on jury duty and saw him when he was an ADA shlepping carts of files into the courthouse with other workers; he needed a haircut VERY badly. People called out to him and he looked sheepish.

by Anonymousreply 9212/02/2010

Any more gossip on JFK Jr/Carolyn? I actually think she was quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 9301/06/2011

Seeing those photos of JFK Jr is just devastating. He would have been groomed into becoming a Democratic stalwart, no doubt about it. Remember that his uncle, Teddy, was also a playboy when he was younger, and yet he became one of the greatest senators of all time. It's about being able to make deals behind the scenes, and about rousing your base at the podium. I have no doubt that Teddy's nephew could have done this.

by Anonymousreply 9401/06/2011

He's the type who would have aged well. Gor. Geous.

by Anonymousreply 9501/06/2011

My fundie, Tea Party Rethug mother tears up whenever she sees his picture. "such a waste"

by Anonymousreply 9601/06/2011

"He said he wanted to be a good man, unlike his father, who was a great man."%0D %0D JFK was not a "great" man. He was very flashy, but there was little substance there. He was a Kennedy; he thought he could do anything and get away with it. He didn't write the book he won a Pulitzer Prize for. He passed himself off as a devoted Catholic family man when in fact he was a compulsive pussyhound. He was not a well man, but his illnesses were kept under wraps. He was a mediocre President. He was NOT "great."%0D %0D "When I think about things Jackie had to live with and live through, I think she is a true heroine."%0D %0D Some "heroine!" She was a first class snob. She was wildly materialistic and spent money like water. After Kennedy's death she was comfortably well off, but she wanted to be filthy rich. So she married Aristotle Onassis for his money. While he was on his deathbed she was traipsing around Europe, going to see bullfights and getting her hair done. She was a cold, self-absorbed snot. %0D %0D As for JFK Jr., well the most that can be said about him is that he was a relatively nice guy and gorgeous to look at. He did not have a great intellect. He had no ambition or direction in life. Eventually he probably would have run for office; what else could he do? For all his athleticism he was clumsy. And he had horrible taste in women. He had a long relationship with the flaky Daryl Hannah. After than ended he took up with with the skeletal, icy, bitchy Carolyn Bessette. I guess she reminded him of Jackie; Bessette was cold and snobbish and a forceful presence in his life, just as Jackie was.%0D %0D When Jackie was alive she forbade him to fly planes. I guess she knew he wasn't up to the task. After her death he started taking pilot lessons. On the night of the plane crash, he was healing from a leg injury, had had a few drinks and was not very experienced. Someone with more concentration and skill could have kept the plane from crashing, but he was not capable of it. The crash happened due to "pilot error." %0D %0D All of the bodies were found; the Bessette sisters were still strapped into their seats.%0D %0D I suppose the parents of Carolyn Bessette were over the moon with joy when their daughter married JKF Jr. I guess they thought she would be living the life of a queen. What a shock it must have been for them to realize that if she had never married him she'd probably be alive today. %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 9701/06/2011

I'd like to think that JFK Jr and Princess Di faked their deaths and are living together on a ranch out in the wilds of some far off land.

by Anonymousreply 9801/06/2011

Actually, R97, Carolyn Bessette's mother was against the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 9901/07/2011

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, gold digger like Jackie O?

by Anonymousreply 10001/07/2011

Yes, Carolyn's mother did not want her to be part of the Kennedy clan because she feared something would happen to her daughter. After Carolyn and her sister died, Caroline K. silently gave them a huge financial settlement to persuade the Bessette's from bad mouthing JFK. Jr.

by Anonymousreply 10101/08/2011

The settlement was $15,000,000.00

by Anonymousreply 10201/08/2011

But the settlement was dine very hush hush. And why did there need to be a worngful death settlement at all? It wasn't going to bring back either daughter and the Bessette's were rich enough.

by Anonymousreply 10401/08/2011

[quote]But the settlement was dine very hush hush. And why did there need to be a worngful death settlement at all? It wasn't going to bring back either daughter and the Bessette's were rich enough

Hush-hush? I read about it in the NYT. I can speculate about the wrongful death settlement, but they're common and I don't think it's a big deal. The Bessette girls' mother took control of their estates, I think I read that neither C or L had a will (I was surprised by that).

by Anonymousreply 10701/08/2011

R105, I've never seen him in person, he looks like he'd be breathtaking. Where did you see him? Was it through "George"?

by Anonymousreply 10801/08/2011

Christina Haag, the woman JFK Jr. dated for five years during the latter 1980s, chronicles her relationship with him in her upcoming memoir, "Come to the Edge."

The April issue of Vanity Fair includes an excerpt from Haag's book about a trip to Jamaica that almost ended with the couple drowning in the Carribean. Below, seven of the most telling revelations from that excerpt:

As a teenager, Kennedy and his friends hurled paper towels stuffed with Noxzema out the window of his mother's 15th story Fifth Avenue apartment: "He darted back and forth, cracking himself up. Skinny, with hair in his face, he seemed younger than the rest. And he was really into throwing those Noxzema bombs. 'Nice one, Kennedy!' they'd yell."

He liked nicknames: "He called me Chief, and I called him King."

He was curious about tantric sex: Haag writes that for the vacation, Kennedy packed "a book on tantric sex a friend from Andover had given him after returning from Thailand. 'It comes highly recommended, he said with a wink.'"

He smoked marijuana: Offered a joint by Jamaican locals, Kennedy, writes Haas, "stretched out on the sand and finished what was left of the joint."

He called out to his mother in times of need: After Kennedy steered their kayak into a boulder off the coast, Haag writes, "I saw John, my captain: John, who was never afraid. Unable to be still, he paced the beach muttering something, his eyes wide and to the ground. 'Don't tell Mummy, don't tell Mummy,' he repeated like a mantra to no one. Mummy wasn't there, and he wasn't talking to me. I could have passed my hand in front of his eyes and he would not have blinked. It was then that the danger we had been in really hit me. John was afraid."

He couldn't stand to see suffering: After breaking her foot while horseback riding, Haag writes, "John would gallantly carry me up the five flights of stairs to his brownstone apartment, but he wasn't able to look at my cadaver-like foot. Nor could he bear to hear how painful it was or of the fears I had. He wanted me to be a trooper, a sport, but for all his exploits, he was squeamish about blood and weakness of any kind."

His sense of adventure knew no bounds: Haag writes that after their near-death experience at sea, "When we pulled into Great Pedro Bay an hour later, I was still shaken. John seemed fine, oblivious. As he pulled the kayak past the fishing skiffs to a fence near some old bikes, he whistled. Unlike me, he had left it all behind and was fully in the present -- although he did make me promise not to tell his mother. 'But, John, we could have died.' ...'Yeah, Chief, but what a way to go.'"

by Anonymousreply 10903/04/2011

Ugh. What a publicity whore that Haag is to write a book about him. Let the man rest in peace. And she has aged badly.

by Anonymousreply 11103/04/2011

I'm glad this popped up again because I missed some of the things that had been added to this.

by Anonymousreply 11203/04/2011

Needs more photos.

by Anonymousreply 11303/04/2011

[quote]As a teenager, Kennedy and his friends hurled paper towels stuffed with Noxzema out the window of his mother's 15th story Fifth Avenue apartment: "He darted back and forth, cracking himself up. Skinny, with hair in his face, he seemed younger than the rest. And he was really into throwing those Noxzema bombs. 'Nice one, Kennedy!' they'd yell."

Jackie O used Noxzema?!

by Anonymousreply 11403/04/2011

Noxzema girls get noticed.

by Anonymousreply 11503/04/2011

Such a loss.

by Anonymousreply 11603/04/2011

Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy was gorgeous, too; though I don't see her as a fame whore like Heather Mills. I'm sure she liked the money & status though.

by Anonymousreply 11703/04/2011

@113! THANKS

by Anonymousreply 11803/05/2011

His so-called best friend wrote a book about him just to make $$$. What a douche lord.

by Anonymousreply 11903/05/2011

Charlie Sheen take note: this is Adonis DNA.

by Anonymousreply 12003/05/2011

I want to click those links that I am guessing are death photos of John John. Are they? Someone tell me before I look, please.

by Anonymousreply 12103/05/2011

Why would you think they're death photos? What a silly ninny you are. Click them and see for yourself what you're missing.

by Anonymousreply 12203/05/2011

R121, just don't click on R72. All of the others are good.

by Anonymousreply 12303/05/2011

[quote]If JFK, Jr. had not died, he would definitely have run for the Senate from New York. it was in the works. His Uncle Ted and he had talked about it. He had absolutely no trepidation about running against Hilary, if it came down to that. You can take that to the bank, people.

Is this part of the reason Ted Kennedy supported Obama over Hillary in 2008? Because she was going to run against JFK Jr for Moynihan's NY Senate seat in 2000?

by Anonymousreply 12403/05/2011

Is this RFK Jr with JFK Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 12503/05/2011

Don't know r125, I'm mesmerized by JFK Jr.'s perky nipples.

by Anonymousreply 12603/05/2011

more perky nipples.

by Anonymousreply 12703/05/2011

Yes, that's RFK, Jr. with JFK, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 12803/05/2011

I miss Jackie O & JFK JR. I used to buy all the tabloids every week to see if there was any pictures/gossip about them. They were my favorite celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 12903/05/2011

I've always heard that JFK Jr was hung like a horse. Anyone know? If so, just how big was it?

by Anonymousreply 13003/05/2011

First Versace, then Diana, then JFK Jr....I didn't think I'd be able to survive my teen years with my ability to love celebrities intact.

by Anonymousreply 13103/05/2011

I think it's a good thing he died young. Everyone remembers him as a handsome young man instead of some 50 year old geezer.

Sent from my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 13203/05/2011

Who's to blame: His wife or his sister in law?

by Anonymousreply 13303/05/2011

CB was different in person than on film. I saw her and spoke briefly with her once. She had a real mischievous, life-loving light. There were some photos that came out in Vanity Fair after she died that were the first pictures I've ever seen to do her justice. Film isn't perfect.

by Anonymousreply 13403/05/2011

[quote] I think your dates are off. He died two months before Bill and Hillary even bought the house in Chappaqua to establish her residency in New York.

I used to work in politics. The Hillary moving to New York and running for Senate was being whispered about before John John died. If I had heard about it, I have no doubt he had too.

by Anonymousreply 13503/05/2011

R134, I wouldn't go by film, but wasn't the rumor that she was a crazy, high maintenance, cokehead bitch?

Isn't there any gossip?

What was the relationship like between Carolyn and Caroline? I've never seen any photos of them together.

I miss him roaming around the city.

by Anonymousreply 13603/05/2011

R134, how tall was CBK? I don't believe she was 6' as was reported.

by Anonymousreply 13703/05/2011

I think the photo at R72 is a fake. He died in a plane crash into the ocean, his face should have some trauma, not just bloating.%0D %0D He looks vaguely like Teddy, though.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 13803/06/2011

I remembered reading that JFK Jr had no political aspirations. Even if he had run for the senate, I doubt he would have won.

by Anonymousreply 13903/06/2011

r137 - I've seen her height reported as 5'9". That seems more consistent with how she appears in photos.

by Anonymousreply 14003/06/2011

[quote]I've always heard that JFK Jr was hung like a horse. Anyone know? If so, just how big was it?

Not from what I've heard. He was Joe Average when it came to dick size.

by Anonymousreply 14103/06/2011

CBK was reportedly 5'10.%0D %0D Was she gorgeous in person 134? She certainly seemed charismatic on film; like she would stand out in a room full of people. (Much like her mother-in-law)%0D %0D One of the books on the family stated that CBK & Caroline did not get along. Who knows if that is true or not....

by Anonymousreply 14203/06/2011

I remember Geraldo Rivera saying that he was taller than JFK, Jr. Geraldo never struck me as being particularly tall. How tall, then, was JFK, Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 14403/06/2011

I miss him roaming the city too. I used to see him on his bike everywhere.

My mom took the bar exam next to him one year (I think it was his 1st time. She passed, he didn't.) During break, they exchanged pleasantries - she said he was very nice and down to earth. She also said he was just the most gorgeous guy she had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 14503/06/2011

Would you agree that AC is the wealthy, pedigreed, successful, charming, bike riding carrier of the flame for John John? Too bad AC has no political aspirations.

by Anonymousreply 14603/06/2011

[quote]Would you agree that AC is the wealthy, pedigreed, successful, charming, bike riding carrier of the flame for John John? %0D %0D That's a pathetic thought. Really, really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 14703/06/2011

Why, r147? I meant no offense. It seems like now it's AC that shows up on his bike in the tabloids; The Golden Boy on his bike. Sorry if I offended anyone. Bitches are crabby this morning.

by Anonymousreply 14803/06/2011

I think she was about 5' 8".

Small photo, but here she has on 3" Prada boots and she's still a couple of inches shorter that JFK Jr.

R144, JFK Jr was reported to be 6' 1"

by Anonymousreply 14903/06/2011

Contrary to an earlier post, JFK Jr. was NOT losing his looks at all prior to his death. We served jury duty together a couple of months before he died. He had sprained his foot and was using crutches. He looked like Christ off the cross! He had actual magnetism.

by Anonymousreply 15003/06/2011

In photos in the months prior to his death, his jawline was noticeably slackening, detracting from his good looks.

by Anonymousreply 15103/06/2011

It should have been ME!

by Anonymousreply 15203/06/2011

R151, you have impossible standards. How can you find anyone that can meet them.

by Anonymousreply 15303/06/2011

There was a magazine article mentioning that People mag was referencing CBK as the "6 ft. tall blonde". In the other magazine article, JFK Jr. was overheard teasing his wife about that inaccurate info.%0D %0D CBK was 5'10. Very tall indeed.

by Anonymousreply 15403/07/2011

No way was she 5' 10". Look at the photo at R149. If she was 5' 10" in those heels she would equal his height. She was about 5' 8".

Here's another photo of her in heels and several inches shorter than JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 15603/07/2011

If he was 6'1, then 5'10 for CBK seems just about right.

by Anonymousreply 15703/07/2011

He seemed quite pleasant and was doing admirable things.

I was sorry when he died.

by Anonymousreply 15803/09/2011

[quote]He was good-looking, but unintelligent. A bad public speaker.

Why is there an assumption that he was unintelligent? Is it because he failed the NY bar exam, or is it something else?

I don't think he was a bad public speaker. He wasn't a great orator, but not bad either.

by Anonymousreply 15903/09/2011

My boss's brother was roomates with him freshman year at Brown and all I could get out of him was that JFK Jr. smoked a lot of pot. Nothing on dick size or whether he was a tantric top or a bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 16003/09/2011

His wife seemed like she would have been an interesting person as well. There was something about her that I liked. I realize that I am in the minority on that. One of my friend's referred to her as "the dog" after the marriage. To me, that was always unfair & untrue. I thought she was beautiful. The problem was that the whole world wanted to marry JFK Jr.%0D %0D I don't know what to believe about the rumour mongering regarding her drug use & infidelity with Michael Bergin & a rich Manhattan Antique dealer (supposedly named Eric, I think)??? If true, she was smart enough to keep it hidden.%0D %0D She seemed alot more interesting than alot of other Manhattan women always discussed on here. Yep, those famous ones.

by Anonymousreply 16103/09/2011

Michael Bergin wrote a whole book about his affair with CBK. It's not well-written or particularly interesting, but if you want to read more about it, check it out. I think I bought mine used for like one cent on Amazon. I don't know anything about an "Eric." Re: drug rumors, I think Bergin mentioned in his book that he'd seen her do some cocaine on occasion but it was never excessive. Who knows though, there were certainly people who said she had a real habit.

In July of last year, a woman named Sybil Hill talked to the National Enquirer about her supposed affair with JFK Jr. during his marriage. I'm linking to a page with some info about it and a picture of her. She looks SO much like CBK.

I agree that CBK had a certain presence about her. I wish the person who posted that he met her would come back and give us some more details. There really isn't that much info out there about her.

by Anonymousreply 16203/09/2011

I've always wondered why someone close to CBK hasn't written a fair, balanced & true book about her life. %0D %0D There's always been a lot of criticism about her, such as, "She didn't have Jackie's intellect"...Yada.Yada.Yada However, no one close to her has ever paid homage to what she was like in real life.

by Anonymousreply 16303/11/2011

Has this been posted already?

by Anonymousreply 16403/11/2011

R163, maybe because she was a private person and her friends assumed she would want to remain that way? I'd like to see a book myself.

by Anonymousreply 16503/11/2011

Thanks r164. Those are some hot photos.

by Anonymousreply 16603/11/2011

165, you are absolutely right, and I have thought of that, too.%0D %0D However, we all know that there is at least one supposedly-well meaning friend in most people's life that will spill at some point. It doesn't matter who you are.

by Anonymousreply 16703/12/2011

Well, additionally I'm not sure the demand is that great at this point, as much as I'd like to see one. An article? Sure. But a whole book? Not sure she still has that much appeal for the masses in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 16803/12/2011

True, but all of the marriage details would make the book very viable today.%0D %0D I doubt there would have been a divorce, but only those close know what actually was going on.

by Anonymousreply 16903/12/2011

[quote]I doubt there would have been a divorce

Why?

by Anonymousreply 17003/12/2011

A very well done, organized and pleasing to the eye website devoted to CBK only:

Ultimate Carolyn.com

Check it out. It can be an incredible guilty pleasure and lovely way to waste an entire afternoon, nice cup of tea in hand, pouring over this site from beginning to end. Includes lots of pictures. Lots. Also, you will find tons of articles, ranging from milk toasty, vanilla to the most gossipy. They are from practically every publication that ran a story &/or photo spread on CBK exclusively...(ie: The Vanity Fair/Bruce Weber photos published after her death...more pix than text, but the pics are so amazing, not much text is even needed. And I think that was the point when they laid out this issue. The CBK "less is more" minimalist thing.)

Some of the articles & pictures posted feature John as well. Obviously. And what's wrong with that? He is easy on the eyes... But it is a site specifically devoted to her. Trust me, once you start you cannot stop.

Note: There are several more links to other CBK related sites on the right side of the page. Don't know if they are run by the same person. I cannot vouch for those. However, one interesting thing: The girl who runs this site also runs a sister site devoted to Jackie. The link is on the CBK "Ultimate Carolyn.com" site. All in all, she has done a fairly decent job gathering any and all materials CBK related. It flows very nicely. It isn't choppy or littered with ads. She has created a very pleasing to the eye "read".

Consider yourself warned. I probably shouldn't be so quick to admit I spent/wasted several rainy afternoons going from "cover to cover", beginning to end, then onto the links. I didn't want it to end. It was a nice "escape" nonetheless. Happy Reading!!!

by Anonymousreply 17103/12/2011

[quote]I doubt there would have been a divorce,%0D %0D I doubt you have the slightest notion of what would or would not have been, r169. You sound like one of the Benderson fans gushing about Cooper finding the love of his life.

by Anonymousreply 17203/12/2011

r 166: They'd be even hotter if he hadn't shaved his chest.

by Anonymousreply 17303/12/2011

[R163] I have wondered that myself. She had mystique. It was privacy she craved. She was a "behind the scenes" girl at Calvin Klein. She thrived that way. She preferred it. She wasn't one for being center stage and that type of position has a privacy quality to it.

Interestingly, despite her preferred role in life, she goes off and married one of the (if not THE) world's most famous men, JFK, jr. And this guy has lived, from the moment he was born, in the spotlight. In the "front & center". And that is how he thrives...IN the spotlight. He is & always was, the center of the room. No behind the scenes for Jr. Clearly, CBK did not adjust very well. And to be thrust out on that Kennedy "look at me" platform, especially being John's wife. That had disaster written all over it. Regardless, I wanted to see them make it.

Its been written she couldn't deal with the craziness that surrounded John & she was suffering from depression & self medicating more and more. I have read she couldn't even get out of bed some days, the depression was so overwhelming. She also complained a lot to many friends of her doubts on bringing a child into the world and couldn't imagine even walking down the street with the kid without being hounded by photographers. She was completely astounded and hurt when one day she tripped and fell outside their apt and no one helped her up or gather her things that spilled from her purse. She was beyond words wounded that they kept snapping away instead of helping her. AND to exacerbate matters, it seems John offered little support emotionally. He couldn't understand why she simply could not roll with it. Give them the picture they want and keep moving. In a somewhat Machiavellian kind of way, and perhaps a nod to his grandfather Joe Kennedy Sr's shrewd ways he made sure properly portrayed his own family, he totally understood the photogs needed John as much as John needed them. He knew he had an image to uphold & a game to play. And it doesn't matter that much unhappiness is taking place behind closed doors, but when you are out in public make it look good. Give them the picture they want. Cultivate "the image". No matter what the cost obviously. John Jr very much craved the attention. It was, as I have heard & read, like oxygen. A basic need to exist. He'd been doing it this entire life. He was a pro. Of course he would be nothing less than graceful. He had the added bonus of being raised by a woman who became the standard bearer for grace under pressure. Some qualities inherited, some learned. He had nature and nurture working for him.

Obviously this is just one side of the story, and lots of speculation, rumors, numerous articles and books on their relationship. It takes two to drive a marriage into the ground. She was no angel either. But, like a true blue Kennedy, she had her share of secrets too. She was one of "them" probably more than she even realized. I'd be willing to bet she felt her own identity, her true self wither away only to be replaced by a sheen of the well cultivated image, the misguided, long gone fantasy of actually "being" a Kennedy. EVERYONE wants that. Like 50 yrs ago, maybe. No Carolyn Bessette. She was The JFK jr' wife. Period.

I cannot imagine what it would have been like to be married to him. I think I too would fall down the rabbit hole and medicate medicate medicate. Maybe. If I saw my spouse clearly enjoying something that brought me nothing but pain & humiliation, & he was incapable of any empathy which made it harder. Would he still help navigate me through it until I COULD get a grip emotionally and come to terms with the life I had chosen, then perhaps created a life, one in the constant public eye, but on set terms. Her terms. Then again, like most Kennedy women, life is lonely, rife w/betrayal. Just look at Ethel-the woman has made & kept the Kennedy name not just by never remarrying, her identity IS being RFK's corpses'widow. By choice. The woman has made a lifetime career being a widow. And don't get me started on Joan Kennedy. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 17403/12/2011

Why did Ethel have to remarry, r174? When asked why she had not, she said she already had the best.

by Anonymousreply 17503/12/2011

I met John several times (many mutual friends in RI and DC). I also know many of his cousins (several RFK and Shriver kids). We were the same age (graduated HS in '79, college in '83).

John was a very nice and genuine guy. He knew that attention was always on him because of his parents, and I also had the sense that he knew that he was not as intellectually gifted as several relatives. He was more intelligent than most people, but not Rhodes Scholar material. He also sought to surround himself with bright people with good hearts.

And yes, he was gorgeous in real life. Captivating. Many women (and gay men) wanted to be with him. Straight men wanted to be him.

by Anonymousreply 17603/12/2011

[quote]r 166: They'd be even hotter if he hadn't shaved his chest.

Oh, I agree. I love his hairy chest. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 17703/12/2011

[quote]Why is there an assumption that he was unintelligent? Is it because he failed the NY bar exam, or is it something else?

Took 5 years to finish high school.

Did not get into the family college (Harvard).

Said he went to NYU Law School because it was the best school that would let him in without applying.

Very bad grades in law school.

Failed bar exam 3 times.

I was a year ahead of him in law school and from what I heard he was a genuinely nice guy and by no means stupid. Perhaps he needed to work harder than he did but knew he didn't have to. Or maybe he had some kind of learning disability that prevented him from achieving in school.

He not only craved the attention, he was an exhibitionist. God bless him. That's why there are so many half-naked pictures of him. He was reported to saunter down the street in Hyannisport wearing nothing but a towel. A neighbor once said he had no window coverings on his Tribeca loft's windows and she had quite a view. .

by Anonymousreply 17803/12/2011

"I doubt you have the slightest notion of what would or would not have been, [R169]. You sound like one of the Benderson fans gushing about Cooper finding the love of his life."%0D %0D 172, you are a Fucking Bitch that shouldn't post on a GOSSIP board...What part of pointless do you not understand? And no genius, I am not a Benderson fan, AT ALL.%0D %0D I stated my opinion. If you know so much dolt, check out the May 1999 pics of JFK Jr. with his wife. It's been published OVER & OVER again. He's behind her, and the look on his face is kind of telling. Very much in love. So all of the rumours of divorce may have been just that. %0D %0D So they were having relationship problems. These days, who doesn't? Yeah, I know, you don't because no one wants to be associated with your stupid ass.%0D %0D And I had heard all of the gossip about the problems, too, before the crash.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 17903/12/2011

Whoa, R179.

R172 didn't say your were a Benderson fan, just that you sound like that type of fan.

Like when you post things like this:

[quote]If you know so much dolt, check out the May 1999 pics of JFK Jr. with his wife. It's been published OVER & OVER again. He's behind her, and the look on his face is kind of telling. Very much in love.

by Anonymousreply 18003/12/2011

Again, idiot, friends on both sides said while they had difficult circumstances to deal with, they were trying to work things out.%0D %0D There was a lot of stuff going around about them in NYC BEFORE the crash.%0D %0D You're still an asshat.

by Anonymousreply 18103/12/2011

I think he was mostly straight but dabbled in the homosex when it was easily available.

by Anonymousreply 18203/28/2011

And just when would the homosex not have been easily available to JFK Jr.?

by Anonymousreply 18303/28/2011

When he was having dinner with his mother in her apartment, r183. Do you need a complete list?

by Anonymousreply 18403/28/2011

he looks uncut at r19's link.

by Anonymousreply 18503/28/2011

I wish I could make that photo at R19 bigger.

by Anonymousreply 18603/28/2011

JFK Jr. was the best looking Kennedy by far.%0D Most of them have those big teeth and bird-like noses. Never could understand why anybody thinks the Kennedy's are good looking. JFK Jr. was the exception. He was pure beauty and he is the only public person that I have never heard a bad word about. That is RARE. Jackie O did a good job raising him.

by Anonymousreply 18703/30/2011

[quote}Jackie O did a good job raising him.

I think it was more nature than nurture, R187. Caroline is supposedly a complete snob who thinks she is above everyone.

by Anonymousreply 18803/31/2011

Was John John cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 19006/19/2011

by Anonymousreply 19107/22/2011

Did he really have a thick 9 inch cock?

by Anonymousreply 19207/22/2011

No! Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 19307/22/2011

No, R193? do you have personal knowledge?

According to Dave online:

[quote]No, believe me. I saw and hung with (no pun intended) JFK, Jr. in the locker room. We used to work out at the same gym on 49th and Second Avenue. His was the biggest I've ever seen, and incredibly thick.

by Anonymousreply 19407/22/2011

bump

by Anonymousreply 19507/23/2011

Best chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 19607/28/2011

Was he gay friendly?

by Anonymousreply 19707/28/2011

His looks were from the Bouvier side.

by Anonymousreply 19807/29/2011

He was extremely gay friendly during his high school and college days.

by Anonymousreply 19907/29/2011

We always remember JFK jr as just another drop-dad-gorgeous sissy on roller skates.

Discuss

by Anonymousreply 20007/29/2011

In Miss r190's link we see 9 inches of balls and about 1 inch of sausage.

Discuss

by Anonymousreply 20107/29/2011

i agree!

he had some major balls...but wasn´t extremly hung.

at least he seemed to have a very thick one.

how tall was he? does anyone know?

don´t believe he was 6ft1 looks more like 5ft10

by Anonymousreply 20211/05/2011

Why does everyone think you aren't electable unless your smart?

by Anonymousreply 20311/05/2011

lol--all people want to know is dicksize..

met him at the gym once..nice guy

height prob 6'0-6'0.5

by Anonymousreply 20411/07/2011

[quote]lol--all people want to know is dicksize..

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 20511/09/2011

He was HOT! Elvis Presley and John Kennedy Jr. are the best looking men God ever put on this earth. Where are men like that nowadays. I know married/dead. I wished I could of meant him...wow! So, sad what happened to him. I wished he would of kept his promise to his mother to never fly again. So sad...and he should of NEVER married that woman.

by Anonymousreply 20602/24/2013

I never thought he was attractive in photographs but then I saw him in video and realized why so many people fell in love with him. Why did he marry such a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 20702/24/2013

[quote]I wished I could [bold]of[/bold] [italic]meant[/italic] him... I wished he would [bold]of[/bold] kept his promise

[bold]Of[/bold] you ever considered taking 5th grade English?

by Anonymousreply 20802/24/2013

I always felt kind of bad for him. I think his true love was Darryl Hannah but his mother did not approve of him being with an actress. He also dated SJP for a little while but ended up with Carolyn because she was from the "right stock". He caused his and her own death by flying under adverse conditions. Maybe he wanted it that way. He was great looking and a nice guy, but that was pretty much it. Everything he actually was came because his last name was Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 20902/25/2013

I can't believe how long he's been dead. God, time goes by.

by Anonymousreply 21002/25/2013

Such a handsome man. Such a nice guy. Such an idiot, alas.

by Anonymousreply 21102/25/2013

To(R208): “Of you ever considered taking 5th

grade English?”

F.Y.I. (R208): I graduated with a straight 4.0 GPA, and won numerous awards throughout school, which included two awards for essay writing when I received my Bachelors in nursing (BSN). I was just making my statement simple and to the point so ignorant, rude, and asinine “individuals” like you could comprehend!

by Anonymousreply 21202/25/2013

Some articles from the irish press with gossip I hadn't heard before --

First of three articles:

The truth behind JFK Jr's death – one year on

By DECLAN LYNCH – 16 July 2000

by Anonymousreply 21302/25/2013

Second of three articles:

Forever Young: My Friendship with John F Kennedy Jr,

by William Noonan,

$25.95,

published by Penguin,

Reviewed by Orla Healy – 01 October 2006

by Anonymousreply 21402/25/2013

Third of three articles:

Carolyn Bessette and John Kennedy’s flight into eternity

She was dubbed the ultimate beautiful person, while he was the heir to Camelot. Inevitably, Carolyn Bessette and John F Kennedy Junior would become America’s Golden Couple. They seemed to have it all – power, money, glamour, – though their passionate marriage was awash with rumours of infidelity and drug abuse. With the 10th anniversary of their death imminent, Emily Hourican looks back at their tumultuous life

12 April 2009

by Anonymousreply 21502/25/2013

For a president who didn't accomplish much, he sure does continue to receive a lot of adulation.

by Anonymousreply 21602/25/2013

[quote]I graduated with a straight 4.0 GPA, and won numerous awards throughout school, which included two awards for essay writing when I received my Bachelors in nursing (BSN). I was just making my statement simple and to the point so ignorant, rude, and asinine “individuals” like you could comprehend!

That's completely unbelievable!!!!!

Your grammar at R206 paints you as someone who should have flunked English prior to high school. (Translation for you: Your grammar at R206 paints you as someone who should of flunked English prior to high school.)

It appears that you are totally unaware of why you were called out for "should of" and "could of." You probably don't have the slightest idea what's wrong with writing like some West Virginia hillbilly who dint git no book larnin.

And what is "I wished I could of meant him" supposed to be? Do you go out meanting on a regular basis?

If you really had a degree in nursing, you would have a trail of dead patients behind you from getting the wrong medicine.

by Anonymousreply 21702/26/2013

Expansive naval aid tied to Kennedy family's service to US

By Anne E. Kornblut, Globe Staff, 07/23/99

WASHINGTON - The Navy played an extraordinary role in the recovery and burial at sea of John F. Kennedy Jr., deploying hundreds of crew members and two of its finest vessels to a mission almost never ordered for veterans or military personnel.

About 500 members of the military and their children are buried at sea each year. But they are buried en masse, their ashes scattered during normal naval exercises, without their families on board, a Navy official said yesterday.

By contrast, the Navy transported Kennedy family members yesterday to the ocean burial site aboard the USS Briscoe. The destroyer, which costs the Pentagon approximately $87,000 a day, had been directed to Massachusetts from the Virginia shore the night before. In addition two Navy chaplains were flown in, after Defense Secretary William S. Cohen agreed to a request from Senator Edward M. Kennedy and the family of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and her sister, Lauren Bessette.

Ultimately, the cost of the Navy's involvement could run as high as $400,000, according to estimates by military analysts and a General Accounting Office report listing annual expenses.

Navy Lieutenant Commander Irene Smith said the event was 'not unprecedented.' Under Navy rules, children of military personnel or 'other US citizens who are determined eligible ... due to notable service or outstanding contributions to the United States' can be granted permission for burial at sea.

Kennedy qualified, according to a Pentagon statement, not only because his father was president and a World War II Navy hero, but also because Kennedy's own 'contributions to his country are both notable and outstanding.' The statement cited his role as head of Reaching Up, a nonprofit group that assists people who work with people with disabilities, and his role on the President's Commission on Mental Retardation.

Nonetheless, officials were hard-pressed to recall naval participation in a ceremony such as yesterday's, in which none of the deceased had served in the military or held elected office. Analysts also said the Navy's three-day role in the search and recovery far exceeded normal practices, except when the accident involves a military plane.

'It's quite unusual,' said retired Admiral Eugene Carroll, who spent 37 years as a Navy pilot. 'General aviation pilots crash all the time, and they don't go diving for submerged wrecks. That's almost unheard of. If there hadn't been direct directions from the White House, this would not have happened.'

Smith, the Navy spokeswoman, also said it was highly irregular for a ship's course to be altered for a funeral. Under normal circumstances, she said, Navy officials 'will not get a ship underway just for a burial, because of fuel constraints.'

'It takes a lot of money to get the ship underway,' she said. 'This was a request from Senator Kennedy.'

President Clinton earlier defended extending the time period for recovering Kennedy's plane 'because of the role of the Kennedy family in our national lives and because of the enormous losses they have sustained in our lifetimes.'

'If anyone believes that was wrong, the Coast Guard is not at fault - I am,' Clinton said at a news conference Wednesday. The USS Grasp, the Navy salvage ship that was brought off the coast of Martha's Vineyard on Monday to retrieve the plane and the victims, was believed to be returning to Virginia later this week.

Vice President Al Gore yesterday defended Clinton's decision to extend the Coast Guard search, saying it was appropriate given the Kennedy family's connection to the country.

'I think it was clearly the right thing to do,' Gore said in an interview with WMUR-TV in New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 21802/26/2013

The Pentagon said yesterday that although the Defense secretary directed the destroyer to be used for the Kennedy funeral, the 'impact on the operational schedule of the Briscoe was minimal.' The ship, which carries 300 sailors and 26 officers, sailed from the waters off Virginia on Wednesday afternoon and is scheduled to return there today.

'The ship was going to be at sea anyway,' Pentagon spokesman Kenneth H. Bacon said.

And yet Bacon also confirmed that the military has been forced to cut back its participation in veterans' funerals in recent years.

Whereas many veterans once received a military detail at their funerals - such as having two soldiers present to fold an American flag and a third to play 'Taps' on the bugle - the Pentagon is now 'not able to provide full teams,' Bacon said. Army Lieutenant Colonel Tom Begines also said it is an 'increasing strain to provide honors,' primarily because of a lack of resources and the growing number of older veterans.

'Seeing the ship off Martha's Vineyard, that would pay for a lot of buglers for a lot of people who've done a lot more for their country,' said John Pike, a defense analyst for the Federation of American Scientists in Washington. Pike's father, who served in World War II and the Korean war, died several weeks ago and was denied a bugle player at his funeral by the Army, he said.

The Pentagon has not raised the subject of reimbursement by the Kennedy family, and does not break out the costs of its ships per day. An associate of the Kennedy family said last night that the family had not discussed paying the military, but would make a reimbursement if there is an appropriate way to do so.

To many, payment hardly seemed appropriate, or necessary. 'Most people, except Kennedy-haters, can't even understand the question,' said Stephen Hess, a presidential scholar at the Brookings Institution, a Washington-based think tank.

'That's what a grateful nation does. We don't bury James Dean or Elvis Presley, but we haven't had many presidents assassinated, and I think we should feel some special responsibility,' Hess said. 'I think it's just plain an exception to the rule, something the nation chooses to wink at because of the uniqueness of the situation. You don't write rules or regulations for a situation this unique.'

This story ran on page A01 of the Boston Globe on 07/23/99.

by Anonymousreply 21902/26/2013

When Madonna's brother was on the Howard Stern show, he said that JFK Jr pinged. He also said Madonna told him that having sex with JFK Jr. was like having sex with a 10-year-old. Madge said she felt like Marilyn when she did it with him. Jacqueline hated her.

by Anonymousreply 22002/26/2013

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22202/28/2013

For a Kennedy he was a thick as a brick. He had more layers than a Big Mac.

His sister got all the brains and no looks. He got all the looks and shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 22303/01/2013

What is intelligence next to charisma? Nothing. John John and Diana just had something only 1% of the world understand. It's what makes one a star but on a political stage, it's even more potent.

by Anonymousreply 22403/01/2013

Looking at him in pictures, you feel protective of his beauty. Not just physically, but his way of being. He's like a priceless monument, commanding the same awe as would any stunning NYC landmark. John belonged to the world. He was everyone's Prince. He was our symbol, as Diana was to the British. Everyone should be proud of him.

by Anonymousreply 22503/01/2013

So smooth.

by Anonymousreply 22603/01/2013

If he was gay would he have had the AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 22703/01/2013

I love that photo of him, R226.

His only fault was that he seemed to be a moma's boy.

by Anonymousreply 22803/01/2013

r228, Jacke's influence on him made him the person he was. Without Jackie, where would he have learned this art of seduction? Not from the cold and cerebral Kennedys who were so out of touch with their bodies that several of them became addicted to fucking. John Kennedy Jr learned everything from Jackie, and she is turn from her father Black Jack Bouvier who must have learned it from his own mother. The most captivating, magnetizing, alluring and stylish family since god knows when..

Never underestimate the bond between a feminine mother and son and what may come it, for what enters the youth from the influence of this woman goes on to hypnotize the world (Churchill and Hitler also were devoted to their mothers)

by Anonymousreply 22903/01/2013

If President Kennedy had lived, I don't think John would have turned out the way the Prez wanted. John lacked political aspiration and drive. The Prez was outgoing and overtly ambitious. Except for charisma and looks, that's all they had in common. I think John would have felt tremendous pressure from his father to carry on the family business.

by Anonymousreply 23003/01/2013

Who cares if JKF JR had no brains? he had looks and money and access.

by Anonymousreply 23103/01/2013

Jackie's dad, Black Jack Bouvier, was one of Cole Porter's fuck buddies at Yale.

by Anonymousreply 23203/01/2013

The Bouvier family album. John got his looks from Black Jack.

by Anonymousreply 23303/01/2013

Jackie's father in WW1 uniform:

by Anonymousreply 23403/01/2013

[quote]Looking at him in pictures, you feel protective of his beauty. Not just physically, but his way of being. He's like a priceless monument, commanding the same awe as would any stunning NYC landmark. John belonged to the world. He was everyone's Prince. He was our symbol, as Diana was to the British. Everyone should be proud of him.

Oh, dear God.

I went to high school with him.

He hated all that John-John icon bullshit. Truly loathed it.

He was of above-average, but not stunning, intelligence. He was very handsome but there are many men in New York who are better-looking.

Take away his pedigree, and you had a fine young man who wasn't that great a pilot.

by Anonymousreply 23503/01/2013

r235, don't confuse the private man with the persona. I'm talking about the marvellous radiance he projected and privately cultivated.

by Anonymousreply 23603/01/2013

[quote][R235], don't confuse the private man with the persona. I'm talking about the marvellous radiance he projected and privately cultivated.

You're ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 23703/01/2013

No. I know what I'm talking about. People aren't just all they claim to be out and about in the big bad world. There's a private life behind the visage. John knew the profoundity of his aura. Call it glamour, call it lifeforce. Whatever. It's utter poetry in motion.

by Anonymousreply 23803/01/2013

I met him once in 1986 and he was very handsome. He was very charasmatic - like a movie star. So I disagreed with the poster who said he was just above-average looking. He was really stunning and super nice.

by Anonymousreply 23903/01/2013

Today, up in heaven, he's saluting Ms. Bonnie Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 24003/01/2013

His butt was rather flat.

by Anonymousreply 24103/01/2013

Caption Paul Newman's thoughts:

by Anonymousreply 24203/01/2013

John should have become an actor like he wanted. He would have been a great Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 24303/01/2013

F&F for R244 - that was totally not needed.

by Anonymousreply 24403/01/2013

Hard to believe Black Jack was the brother of Big Edie of Grey Gardens. Their family let her and Little Edie live in a house with no running water or heat, really sick.

by Anonymousreply 24503/01/2013

He was very homophobic, for instance he was PRO AIDS.

He was also dumber than then Chrissy or Rose.

by Anonymousreply 24603/02/2013

STOP saying he was dumb. You're going way too far. Dumb is thoughtless stupidity. He was considerate and personable. Even in death, the vultures are picking at him.

by Anonymousreply 24703/02/2013

[quote]F&F for [R244] - that was totally not needed

If you say so, r244

by Anonymousreply 24803/02/2013

JFK Jr was a dick. An entitled frat boy with big bucks and an ego to match.

by Anonymousreply 24903/02/2013

r249. STOP IT!!!

by Anonymousreply 25003/02/2013

Wow

by Anonymousreply 25103/02/2013

He was fucking breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 25203/02/2013

What a head of hair!!! He was better looking than every current A-list celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 25303/03/2013

[R221] what does it mean, that he pinged? Honestly, i always believed that he was not hetero....i wonder why he never came out..and be openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 25409/19/2013

He would have made a great Superman.

by Anonymousreply 25509/19/2013

Joe Kennedy and his brood need to go away. Without Joe's Chicago distributor Sam Giancana (and LBJ in Texas), the Kennedys would have never been able to steal the 1960 election from Nixon. We would have avoided Vietnam, the Bay of Pigs and the death of Marilyn. Let the dead rest along with the myth of Camelot.

by Anonymousreply 25609/19/2013

[quote]I think the photo at [R72] is a fake. He died in a plane crash into the ocean, his face should have some trauma, not just bloating.

When the plane hit, the fuselage and the bodies continues forward while the engine stopped dead on the surface. The result was the effect of the complete engine passing through John's body. His body was utterly mangled, and the parts of Carolyn's that were found were worse. And the other sister was never found.

And THAT'S why Caroline was so kind in advising the Bessettes not to ID their daughters, so they wouldn't know there was only part of one daughter and make a stink.

The Kennedy's found what was important and wanted closure - quickly.

by Anonymousreply 25709/19/2013

Interesting....The agreement seemed nasty..i wouldn't have accepted money...the bessettes are cheap people

by Anonymousreply 25809/19/2013

The photo is fake. And documented as such.

Actually, they never found his head.

by Anonymousreply 25909/19/2013

By the way, they never found John Denver's head, either.

No, it's not better to crash in water. It's just - different.

by Anonymousreply 26009/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.