Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NOM President, Maggie Gallagher

Spill the dirt on this fat rabid cunt! Is it just me, or does she look like a lesbian? I can't believe Yale produced this shit. Then again, they also produced, George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013

NOM is basically a front organization for Mormon money to fight against gay rights. That is why they've hired non-Mormons like Maggie G and Brian Brown for the top positions and that's also why NOM is constantly fighting in court to keep its donor lists secret. It would decidedly NOT help NOM's candidates and campaigns if voters knew where this money was coming from.

Maggie is a columnist who was busted for accepting money from the Bushes to write and testify before Congress as they directed her to. Journalistic (or any) ethics? Pshaw!

"Gallagher had received tens of thousands of dollars from the Department of Health and Human Services during 2002 and 2003 for helping the George W. Bush administration promote the President's Healthy Marriage Initiative. During this time, Gallagher testified before Congress in favor of "healthy marriage" programs, but never disclosed the payments" --wikipedia

She's married now, but had kid(s) out of wedlock.

by Anonymousreply 111/18/2010

[quote]I can't believe Yale produced this shit.

I view it as Yale having survived Gallagher & GWB.

by Anonymousreply 211/18/2010

She obviously doesn't know her scripture very well, since, in Proverbs 23:2, it says that you should put a knife to your throat if you are a glutton.

Tut, tut, Tubster.

by Anonymousreply 311/18/2010

LOL r2.

by Anonymousreply 411/18/2010

Wow. Won't someone expose the Mormon angle?

by Anonymousreply 511/18/2010

[quote]Won't someone expose the Mormon angle?

It was in the movie Prop 8: The Mormon Proposition, and I assume there have been other news stories about it.

NOM has broken the campaign finance laws in many states regarding donor lists and disclosure of where these millions are coming from. So far they've pretty much gotten away with it. Anyway, there's a chance that they'll get nailed in court sooner or later for their lack of disclosure.

But come to think of it, haters probably don't really care that their fellow gay-bashers are Mormon, and if the mormons will pretend not to be mormon while they're beating up on the gays together, all the better. It's part of the deal, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 611/18/2010

Didn't she also urge gay people to marry someone of the opposite sex for benefits? Isn't that fraud?

by Anonymousreply 711/18/2010

Did she?

by Anonymousreply 811/18/2010

The mormons should have their tax exemption revoked. I chased Orgasmo and Choda Boy off my porch a few weeks back.

by Anonymousreply 911/18/2010

Nobody has ever seen her husband.

For someone who is so pro-marriage (for heteros only), you'd think she'd make an appearance with her husband every so often.

by Anonymousreply 1011/18/2010

She's not married/

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2010

[quote]Isn't that fraud?

No. People are allowed to marry for whatever reason they choose, provided the person they choose to marry has the genitalia of the opposite sex.

People marry for money, sex, convenience, obligation, comfort, benefits, any number of reasons all the time. The government does not check to make sure you're really in love and/or having sex. It only wants to make sure one person has an innie, the other an outtie.

For heterosexual couples, marriage is an individual, personal liberty which they are allowed to define for themselves. The gov must withhold this liberty from gay couples in order to satisfy the prejudices of religious people.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2010

Never mind her involvment with gay marriage. Let's hear about Maggie Gallagher's marriage? Is she really married? Why does the man she claims is her husband not live with her?

by Anonymousreply 1303/07/2012

She's diabetic too. Horrible disease. It always runs amuck at the end. She could end up losing her toes, feets, and then legs.

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2012

Someone please post a link to the other Maggie Gallagher thread with the article from Salon, from which I gleaned that 1) she was an unwed mother; 2) she is separated from her current husband; 3) her son is gay, and composes musicals.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2012

All three of those things are true, r15. She got knocked up in High School and has been bitter ever since that the guy didn't marry her, which she thought was what shuld have happened. She later married a non-white man and didn't take his name, and yes, the bastard son is a gay composer of campy crappy musicals like "Sodom!"

And fatter than a crippled ox, but not nearly as attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1603/07/2012

wow

by Anonymousreply 1703/07/2012

The Mormon thing isn't entirely true and that 8 documentary sparred some of the inaccuracy. Yes, Mormons were instrumental in bankrolling Prop 8, but NOM is predominantly Catholic. Their biggest known donors are groups like the Knights of Columbus.

by Anonymousreply 1803/07/2012

[quote]All three of those things are true, [R15]. She got knocked up in High School and has been bitter ever since that the guy didn't marry her, which she thought was what shuld have happened. She later married a non-white man and didn't take his name, and yes, the bastard son is a gay composer of campy crappy musicals like "Sodom!"

She was knocked up at Yale by a guy who is a couple of years younger than she is which makes it all the more strange as the Salon article points out. Girls just didn't get pregnant at Yale.

Old Maggie thread link:

by Anonymousreply 1903/07/2012

urf

by Anonymousreply 2003/07/2012

[quote]Spill the dirt on this fat rabid cunt! Is it just me, or does she look like a lesbian?

This obese pig had to quit as NOM president when her marriage dissolved. Still, she hasn't shut down on her attacks against marriage equality. When is the media going to review her own failed marriage attempts?

by Anonymousreply 2103/07/2013

"Is it just me, or does she look like a lesbian?"

That's a fucking ignorant remark. She looks like a delusional good little Catholic girl out to save us from ourselves. She (and Armstrong Williams) were on the Bush payroll in 2004 while posing as an independent right-wing columnist.

by Anonymousreply 2203/07/2013

The guy who knocked her up in collge refused to marry her but that was decades before gays wanting marriage equality. So she can't blame that failure on gays. As to the failure of her current marriage, the NOM must be paying for her husband's silence so that he doesn't reveal to the media that they parted several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2304/20/2013

[quote]As to the failure of her current marriage, the NOM must be paying for her husband's silence so that he doesn't reveal to the media that they parted several years ago.

Aren't there any investigative reporters anymore? It would be great to get a story on her failed marriage as marriage equality moves into place.

by Anonymousreply 2405/17/2013

OP, keep in mind that Dubya was a "legacy" entry, so that doesn't count. HS mediocrity continued into his university years.

I have no explanation for Gallagher, but then, there are a lot of brilliant (book smart), Ivy League graduates who are still fucked up assholes - Scalia comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.