Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A Few Years Ago

People were upset by The Patriot Act and how intrusive the government was becoming. Now Uncle Sam is feeling your groin at the airport claiming it's necessary to protect the security of the country. When will it end?

by Anonymousreply 8401/29/2013

Just in time for Thanksgiving, National Opt Out Day is Wednesday, November 24.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2010

I hate the scanner but really have little issue with some TSA guy feeling me up.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2010

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2010

Backlast over scanners...

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2010

When the muslins stop atacking our freedums!

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2010

Go fuck yourself,r5

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2010

I like this guy:

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2010

[R5] for someone pointing the finger, you read like a disgusting vile sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2010

"People were upset by The Patriot Act and how intrusive the government was becoming."

Very few as I remember it. And you "loved terrorists" if you didn't like the Patriot Act.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2010

What are you guys talking about? Passengers got groped all the time in Europe for years.

As a matter of fact, I have my favorite German TSA equivalents touching me all the time going through Frankfurt Airport. Never failed to give me a hard-on.

Oh, those bearish guys at Amsterdam Airport. Oh..

Stop complaining. You will like it. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2010

I got felt up by a hunky German officer in Frankfurt this August. After that, he complimented my watch. I can totally get behind such intrusions of my privacy.

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2010

Germans are protesting their own security procedures by showing up for flights wearing nothing but underwear or bathing suits.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2010

Love it, R8. Thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2010

I foresee Bergen-Bilsen (sp?) Auschwitz etc in our future. Remember THX whatever the numbers were? Who knew George Lucas was a prophet.

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2010

If we are to be felt up, can we at least demand that the screeners be hunky?

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2010

r16 close your eyes and pretend you are cottaging.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2010

Thank you R5, for yet again reminding us that Libertarians are fundamentally brain-damaged.

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2010

[quote]Now Uncle Sam is feeling your groin at the airport claiming it's necessary to protect the security of the country. When will it end?

much ado about nothing, mary. He's never groped me and probably never will.

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2010

[quote]Backlast over scanners...

oh, dear. . . .

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2010

Honestly, the way they talk about how they "found" Ron Paul, as if they found Jesus, is just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2010

R5 is a certifiable loony! Let's Poke Fun at her!

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2010

If I was a TSA agent viewing the body scan images and saw a guy with a big dick, I would come out from my little room and check the guy out. If I liked what I saw, I would fail the scan and say he had to be patted down BY ME. It would be the longest pat-down ever and involve going underneath the boxers. Mmmm.

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2010

"If you touch my junk I'll have you arrested."%0D

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2010

I love a good pat down.

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2010

Will we be required to present our holes?

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2010

"If you touch my junk I'll have you arrested."

guys like this need to be force-raped and dumped on the side of a road.

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2010

Michael Chertoff's financial interest in these over-funded but under-tested underwear-stripping machines is his reward for having written the Patriot Act and serving as Director of Fatherland Security.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2010

go wear your tinhat somewhere else, Loonie.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2010

Eventually you'll be able to spot airline pilots and flight attendants from a distance by their glowing skin.

by Anonymousreply 3211/16/2010

Any pat-down will last 3 minutes or less. Why is this so hard? You can do anything for 3 minutes.

The government, whether led by Obama or Bush, will be blamed if anything goes wrong. They need to deal with the situation.

Tonight I saw an MSNBC show that pitted a security official against a woman from an organization called This woman had done a lot of googling but was not a security professional. She suggested measures for airport security that sounded like they would cost a fortune and take forever -- having dogs sniff people (which to me sounds grosser than a patdown and how are you going to have hundreds of dogs at the airport? plus Muslims think dogs are unclean so count them out.) The transportation official sounded more rooted in the day-to-day reality.

Airport security is dumb, it doesn't make sense, but it's like family. Annoying but nobody dies.

Hate to send myself flowers, but don't I seem easygoing compared to the would-be Patrick Henry/Charles Bukowski on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 3311/16/2010

and their pointy ears

by Anonymousreply 3411/16/2010

How long before Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's body scans start showing up in Us Weekly?

by Anonymousreply 3511/16/2010

All of you anti-scanner people are such babies. You buy a plane ticket, you agree to the rules. You don't like it, don't fuckin' fly.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2010

We will all dress like Dieter from Sprockets and we will enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2010

We average folk probably don't have much to worry about. It's the exceptionally well-hung dudes and famous people who will have their scans posted on the TSA bulletin boards. What's the harm in that?

by Anonymousreply 3911/16/2010

How will they pat down women in tight skirts?

by Anonymousreply 4011/16/2010

[quote]All of you anti-scanner people are such babies.%0D %0D Tell that to the frequent fliers who get cancer from radiation poison ten years down the road.

by Anonymousreply 4111/16/2010

The guy who didn't want "his junk" touched said in his blog that all post 9/11 attempts to blow up planes have been foiled by passengers, not TSA.

I remember the Shoe Bomber and the Underware bomber. Were there more?

by Anonymousreply 4211/16/2010

Wouldn't they have to be able to store pictures to use as evidence in case someone does have a bomb on them?

by Anonymousreply 4311/16/2010

underware bomber?

by Anonymousreply 4411/16/2010

Here's a great story-

"The Transportation Security Administration concedes that a 4-year-old boy heading to Walt Disney World for a birthday celebration should not have been forced to remove his leg braces during an airport-security screening in Philadelphia, a Philly columnist writes.

"The Philadelphia Inquirer's Daniel Rubin writes that the incident occurred last March when Ryan Thomas was flying to Orlando with his parents, Bob and Leona, but that the TSA apologized last week only after the columnist got wind of it."

So no apology would have ever been offered if the media hadn't picked up the 18 month old story of a DISABLED 4 YEAR OLD being forced to struggle through the hoops of security theater. No wonder the TSA is having PR troubles!

by Anonymousreply 4511/16/2010

I find it interesting that most of the people I've heard complaining about the body pat downs are men.

by Anonymousreply 4611/16/2010

Totally agree, R37. It's not a right to fly. Drive if you're that outraged. %0D %0D I'd get felt-up 1,000 times and wait in long lines if it prevents another 3,000 people from dying.

by Anonymousreply 4711/16/2010

Who Do We Really Need to Fear, "Them" or Us? TSA and America's Zero Risk Culture

The lede on the DRUDGEREPORT most of Monday showed a Catholic nun being patted down at an airport security checkpoint, with the caption starkly declaring that "THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON."

He's right.

Ten years after 9/11, Americans who fly are facing a Faustian choice between subjecting themselves to a virtual (and potentially medically damaging) strip search conducted in questionable machines run by federal employees or a psychologically damaging pat-down of their bodies. Osama bin Ladin must be giggling himself silly this week.

But what should we expect in a society that requires adults to wear bicycle helmets while pedaling in the park, provides disclaimers of liability on TV advertisements, or prints warnings on fast-food coffee cups? The name of the game is zero risk. Not risk mitigation, or accepting responsibility for one's actions, but risk aversion. It's a failure to acknowledge that we can't protect against everything bad that can happen to us, so we must protect against everything we think might -- might -- be harmful at some point.

It's living in fear.

TSA has established itself as the lead federal agency charged with perpetuating this risk-averse culture at airports around the country. The proof is evident over the past ten years: Because of the Shoebomber, we have to remove our shoes. Thanks to the Christmas Crotchbomber, we are subjected to invasive scanning or government-mandated molestation. Because there's a potential for explosives in liquid or gel form, we've got the "Three Ounces in A Baggie" rule. Wearing a sweater or bulky fleece hoodie? Take it off (along with your shoes and belt) so it can be examined. Or frisking Granny, or asking toddlers to drink from their Sippy-cups to make sure it's really Mommy's milk inside. And let's not forget the thankfully defunct prohibitions on knitting needles, insulin syringes, matches, lighters, or standing during the last 30 minutes of flights to Washington, DC.

All in the name of protecting the homeland.

Given this latest round of homeland hysteria, I must ask again -- what happens after the next 'new' attempt to smuggle something onto a plane? Actually, we know the answer: another item will go on the Prohibited Items List and additional screenings of passengers will be conducted, followed by more patronising security-speak from our Department of Homeland Insecurity asking law abiding folks to give up more of their privacy and personal "space" in the interest of Homeland (er, "State") Security. Big Brother, meet Big Sister. With all her homeland security lobbyists along for the ride.

Where does it end?

Due to this nationalised risk aversion and a docile public, we're now living in a country that subordinates law abiding travelers to quasi-law-enforcement employees of a government agency empowered to make up the rules as it goes along and arrest/fine those who question, challenge, or refuse to comply with their demands while impeding their travel within this great country. What does all of this do to our nation? Our way of life? Our way of thinking as citizens?

by Anonymousreply 4811/16/2010

Perhaps this is intentional, and we're being conditioned to accept the actions of TSA and embrace a zero-risk mentality on our society. What else can explain the statement made earlier today by TSA Director John Pistole that citizens who protest what they see as government transgressions into their privacy are being "irresponsible"? Calling us irresponsible when protesting this latest round of TSA actions is no different than our being labelled unpatriotic when protesting or questioning some of the provisions in the controversial USA PATRIOT Act. Same stuff, different Administration.

The American public needs to recognise the nature of the terror threat and accept a certain level of risk in their lives and travels instead of kowtowing to every reactive security 'enhancement' proclaimed by TSA as necessary to protect the country. In terms of airport security, we are the laughing stock of the industrialised world, and an embarrassment to knowledgeable security professionals.

The tragedy of 9/11 wasn't the attacks of that day, but what has happened to America in the years since.

Which begs the question: who should we be afraid of, really -- "them" or "us?"

by Anonymousreply 4911/16/2010

Great post, R48/49

Here's a story from today of people who had TSA agents STICK THEIR HANDS DOWN THEIR PANTS! Apparently that's the "new" protocol for pants they deem too loose or baggy.

The idiots trying to defend this need to be ridiculed. I'm so glad I started to see through this bullshit post 9/11 and finally realized the libertarians were right- the government IS the enemy!!!

by Anonymousreply 5011/16/2010

[quote]I'd get felt-up 1,000 times and wait in long lines if it prevents another 3,000 people from dying.%0D %0D It won't because 9/11 was an inside job. %0D %0D The next time the Pentagon/CIA/Mossad needs thousands more Americans to die to forward their plans of Middle Eastern conquest thousands more Americans WILL die regardless of these phony preventative security procedures. %0D %0D Here is a good close-up video of that allegedly "mighty inferno" that brought WTC 7 down on itself just like a controlled demolition.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2010

To have your government touch your junk or to have your enemy blow your junk into pieces.

Why is this such a hard choice for some people?

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2010

Who fucking cares, quit complaining. I'd rather have it and feel safer that no one on the plane brought anything to cause it to fall 30,000 feet out of the sky causing my death.

by Anonymousreply 5311/16/2010

by Anonymousreply 5411/20/2010

A few nights ago, there was an Israeli security expert on TV who was quite frustrated with the TSA. After the Shoe Bomber, in the US we have to take off our shoes, but he said the way they handle it in his country is their security talks to passengers three times before they board -- at the curb when they greet them, at the check in counter, and at the gate.

Someone like The Shoe Bomber would have been flagged because he had a British passport that had been issued in Belgium, he bought a one way ticket to Florida with cash, and he had no luggage.

Also, the security people in Israel are highly educated and trained -- they usually know more than two languages and have six months in the classroom before they are tested and allowed on the line. After that, they undergo random tests and if they let through any counter-band, they are fired on the spot. If they are not as thorough as their training requires, they are sent back to school for another six months.

I guess if you are flagged, you go through The Super Interrogation and hardcore frisking, and I have read if they take you into the back room, the first thing they do is offer you a glass of water in order to get your fingerprints. I guess everyone knows this because one problem with this method is while it protects pilots and babies from getting frisked, it is often cited as being used for political ends.

Nonetheless, with constitutional safeguards in place, their methods would go far in improving our system.

by Anonymousreply 5511/20/2010

If Israel doesn't use scanners and/or mandatory frisks you know they are bs. This is security theater meant to desensitize the public to government harassment while enriching the coffers of Chertoff.

by Anonymousreply 5611/20/2010

It will never end. Indeed, it will continue to get worse and worse for the simple reason that the majority of americans are too stupid, drugged, or just plain brain-dead to want to do what is necessary to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 5711/20/2010

Yes, a patdown at the airport is just one step from round-ups on trains headed to for the camps. I totally get it. The dots almost connect themselves.%0D %0D Meanwhile, our government continues illegal detention practices, wire-tapping and surveillance of citizens, secret trials, two wars and a myriad of other freedom-quenching activities. Nary a peep. %0D %0D And, guess what? That's how fascism really takes place - paranoia about the trivial, ignorance about what really matters.

by Anonymousreply 5811/20/2010

What r5 said.

by Anonymousreply 5911/20/2010

they will tell them to spread their cootchies.

by Anonymousreply 6011/20/2010

Think about it, a lesbian is in charge of security, so it's free feels for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 6111/20/2010

God. If guys would just board the planes in Speedos, and women on wore bikini bottoms and pasties, we could end this all tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 6211/20/2010

It is amazing to me how many of you are ignorant sheeple. This is theatre designed to destroy our sensitivity, not security.

by Anonymousreply 6311/20/2010

I know plenty of people who find the TSA menacing or irritating. I say: touch me all you want. Anything to keep that damn plane in the air. I'm not looking critically at the methods I'm afraid.

I do not care about the full body scanner. I have to lift my hands above my head.. who cares I've already got my shoes and belt off. I doubt they get too much detail (or stimulation) off the images.

A lot of people hate the TSA, yes?

by Anonymousreply 6509/26/2012

R65 you are very good right thinking citizen who has no resistance...very good.

by Anonymousreply 6712/13/2012

Nonsense, R37. If there was any benefit to increased security from these patdowns, I'd be fine with them. But there has been no benefit shown.

I'll put my cards on the table. I have no problem with profiling. And the first time a blond-blue eyed Scandinavian type tries to light his/her underwear, shoes or any other thing on fire or detonate any bomb on his/her person, you can add this group to the profile list at US airports. Despite the tinhats, we have the identity of the terrorists and they were all the same ethnicity. Even during the worst IRA conflicts in the UK, we never had the Irish trying to blow up planes here. Let's do the things that will really increase security and stop playing games.

by Anonymousreply 6812/13/2012

[quote]Now Uncle Sam is feeling your groin at the airport claiming it's necessary to protect the security of the country.

PLEASE, tell me where this is happening! I have experienced this in YEARS! I NEED it now!

by Anonymousreply 7012/14/2012

[quote]I know plenty of people who find the TSA menacing or irritating

they always seem sleepy and doltish to me, I can't imagine what your friends are experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 7112/14/2012 is important to read R69.

by Anonymousreply 7212/14/2012

The TSA is a joke. They simply collect toiletries from people. In September, a TSA worker said she had to take my toothpaste because it was over the size limit. I asked her why on the way out it wasn't taken. She seemed embarrassed and she should have been. She told me she wished the different airports were consistent. I then loudly drew everyone's attention to the fact that she was taking my toothpaste and told everyone to rest assured that we were all safer because of it. The people in line started laughing and clapping at what I said. Everyone has disdain for this unnecessary part of travel. This nonsense really does need to end.

by Anonymousreply 7412/14/2012

As long as the TSA agent is wearing gloves I can't be sued for giving them my "rash."

by Anonymousreply 7612/14/2012

R75, your post makes no sense in relation to mine. I sure don't feel safer with a bunch of half-wits collecting toiletries.

And the government is out for the big banks and big corps--no shit. Anyone who doesn't see that is a moron. But again, it doesn't have anything to do with my post.

by Anonymousreply 7712/14/2012

LOL.... Can't you just see this idiot trying those tactics? Too bad that such things only exist in his fevered imagination.

by Anonymousreply 7912/16/2012

[quote]Troll at [R79] God, you are a vile, hateful creature. Fat, I'm guessing. Ugly, I'm sure.

ROFL.... I'm not the one who feverishly imagines all of these silly "resistance" tactics that nobody really cares about and that would make you look really, really stupid if you actually had the nerve to carry them out which, of course, you don't.

[quote]God, you really do love to suck government dick?

Nope, but I sure do like laughing at your silly fantasies. Keep 'em coming!

by Anonymousreply 8112/20/2012

ROFL.... Dear heart, the last time we had this discussion, you posted a link which you claimed supported all of this "hypocrisy" you've been railing again. The trouble is that your link showed that liberals were, in fact, protesting! You've been asked repeated to find any liberal who's guilty of such hypocrisy. To date, you have failed.

The hypocrisy, like the rest of your bullshit, exists solely in your fevered imagination. I'd suggest that you stop posting while drunk, as you just make yourself look like a fool and piss off the webmaster with your spamming.

by Anonymousreply 8401/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!