Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ally Sheedy in High Art

She didn't really get much of a career bump out of that did she. It seemed like it was a big comeback for her at the time. She won all sorts of awards and then ...not much else. Why?

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013

She acted nutty when collecting the awards.

by Anonymousreply 111/13/2010

[quote]She acted nutty when collecting the awards.

Was it sleeping pill nutty R1, or nutty nutty?

[quote]Sheedy was admitted to Hazelden Foundation and in the 1990s was treated for a sleeping pill addiction, an experience on which she drew for her role as a drug-addicted photographer in High Art.

Maybe her addiction resurface and derailed the restart of her career.

by Anonymousreply 211/13/2010

At the Independent Spirit Awards She gave a 15 min acceptance speech, which was televised

by Anonymousreply 311/13/2010

Unfortunately she was cast in the role of Hedwig in the Off-Broadway production and while she worked her ass off, she was in way over her head. I would bet getting fired from that gig shook her confidence. She really is a fragile little thing.

by Anonymousreply 411/13/2010

Something about her really creeps me out like I wouldn't be surprised if she got convicted of some weird crime involving animal carcasses.

She recently outed her teenage daughter to red carpet interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 511/13/2010

Her mother is also a lesbian, R5 - high powered literary agent Charlotte Sheedy, who has been out for decades. I don't know how she "outed" her daughter, but it's likely nobody in the family sees being out as a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 611/13/2010

Her daughter was her date to the event and she just blurted out to the interviewer that her daughter was gay and then quickly asked her kid if it was ok she'd said that. It was awkward.

by Anonymousreply 711/13/2010

is that awards speech online? I've always wanted to see that.

by Anonymousreply 811/14/2010

I love her as the crazy serial killer on "Psych."

by Anonymousreply 911/14/2010

Career bump? It was a weird indie film. Who saw it?!

Her old mainstream film going audience probably didn't even see this film, it's not as if she was in some major Oscar nominated film or an action blockbuster like "Avatar".

I personally never got her appeal and for some reason her old looking face, ever when she was young, and her thin lips, annoy me.

I think this relates to a super handsome guy I used to work with, many years ago, who'd go on and on about how "hot & sexy" she was. I never got it, I would never call Ally Sheedy hot. He seemed to be the only str8 guy in my department who thought she was hot or sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1011/14/2010

Sheedy played a lesbian credibly. Better than those two facile bimbos in "The Kids Are Alright." She's hot even stick skinny. I'd do her.

by Anonymousreply 1111/14/2010

I was really disappointed in The Kids Are All Right. Cholodenko managed to even make Frances McDormand sexy and Patty Clarkson's Greta is one of my favorite characters ever.

by Anonymousreply 1211/14/2010

Yes, Greta is a very interesting film character...

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2013

The soundtrack to High Art is one of the best. Good plunge the boyfriend on a rainy day music.

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2013

Fucking love that film. High art indeed, an indie classic. Perhaps the best gay movie ever.

The men were super buff, love the one who went on to be in Revenge. Patty Clarkson is just the best.

The Kids are All Right is good, but not a patch on this. Was almost shocked they were from the same director, other than the theme... very different approaches. One is pure 90s indie, the other is more the typical dramedy of the 00s.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2013

Ally avoids botox and plastic surgery and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2013

The Revenge guy is good r15, but he's never been buff. I like the movie but not for any male hotties.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2013

I met her at a film festival when High Art premeried. She was prettier in person and of course, very, very tiny. Rhada Mitchell was a bit of a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2013

R18 what she did and you thought she is a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2013

Oh I just noticed this is another 2010 thread. Still, at least it's an interesting one and the fabulous Greta is worth a bump.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2013

Ally should have had a larger career.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.