Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

John Wayne, Was A White Supremacist, Draft Dodger?

I know someone will reply with, "Yeah, tell us something we didn't know." but I honestly didn't know about this. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more whenever people praise his stupid ass. Wikipedia has the whole thing sourced and documented. See link.

by Anonymousreply 5707/20/2014

R4, I guess he changed his mind... "PLAYBOY: What kind of films do you consider perverted? WAYNE: Oh, Easy Rider, Midnight Cowboy%E2%80%94that kind of thing. Wouldn't you say that the wonderful love of those two men in Midnight Cowboy, a story about two fags, qualifies? "

by Anonymousreply 711/12/2010

He's just being honest about trying to hold on to his white privilege. If most white people were honest about what's really in their hearts and heads, that is what they'd sound like.

by Anonymousreply 911/12/2010

Interesting photo in link above...

by Anonymousreply 1111/12/2010

R5, I didn't know who Walter Brennan was, so I looked up his wiki and picture. He looks familiar, but what I found funny was that he didn't support Nixon because he was "too liberal" in Brennan's opinion. It's nice to know all of these assholes are now worm food.

by Anonymousreply 1211/12/2010

Nixon's political stances ARE liberal by modern standards. His healthcare bill was more liberal than the one Obama passed. He started the EPA and was an amazing environmental president generally. He also added Title IX to the Civil Rights Act securing women's rights. And in terms of foreign policy he opened relations with China and started the first missile treaties with the Soviet Union.

by Anonymousreply 1311/12/2010

"he opened relations with China "%0D %0D Oh, well. Nobody's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 1411/12/2010

Presuming John Wayne was a closet case, I wonder if some of the tension between himself and Montgomery Clift on the set of "Red River" came from the fact that Clift, while maybe not being 100% out, was widely known as gay and Wayne couldn't deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2010

In her biography Marlene D says that all Hollywood actors she met were dumb and that John Wayne was the dumbest of all

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2010

r17, meet r6

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2010

aww r6 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2010

he did have nice legs, judging from r8's pic

by Anonymousreply 2011/13/2010

sissy

by Anonymousreply 2111/13/2010

John Wayne was a Nazi He liked to play SS Kept a picture of Apolph, Tucked in his cowboy vest Sure he would string up your mother Sure he would torture your pa Sure he would march you up to the wall Sure he would hang you by your last ball

[Chorus:] He was a Nazi But not anymore He was a Nazi Life evens the score

John Wayne slaughtered our Indian brothers Burned their villages and raped their mothers Now he has given them the white man's lord Live by this, or die by the sword

[Chorus]

John Wayne killed a lot of gooks in the war We don't give a fuck about John anymore We all heard his tale of blood and gore Just another pawn for the capitalist whore

[Chorus]

John Wayne wore an army uniform Didn't like us reds and fags that didn't conform Great white hero had so much nerve Lived much longer than he deserved

[Chorus]

Late show Indian or Mexican dies Klan propaganda legitimized Hypocrite coward never fought a real fight When I see John I'm ashamed to be white Death bed Christian of this you avowed If God's alive, you're roastin' now Well John, we got no regrets As long as you died a long and painful death

by Anonymousreply 2211/13/2010

There are about 2 posts in this thread that weren't written by complete morons.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 2411/13/2010

I saw 'Rio Bravo' yesterday. It was a good movie but i find it very overrated. In IMBD, its ratings are 8.0/10. Excuse me, but i found that somehow over the top. It's not that great, it's just a good movie.

I have also seen 'The Searchers' with John Wayne and i think that it is also overrated. Of course, it's direction and photography are perfect, but the scenario is not excellent at all.

Wayne is a good actor but i find him one-sided in his roles.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

*IMDB

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

or even better IMDb

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

Did John Wayne ever dabble in M2M action?

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

Anything for Mr. Ford, r28.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

It surprised me when i saw him younger in this photo.

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2012

John Wayne was a shill for the Military Industrial complex and was said to be both a sister and a tinymeat!

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012

God, what an annoying waste of a space JW was. Glad the old buffoon is dead.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2012

As many of you know Wayne has played with Montgomery Clift in 'Red River'. i read that they infamously didn't get along. John Wayne represented the old school ways of masculinity, and Montgomery Clift was beginning to usher in a new era to look at human nature and men. Wayne often scoffed at his lack of posture (Wayne was 6'4" and muscular, Clift was 5'11" and wiry). Wayne's indifference infuriated Clift according to many of the people who worked on Red River with them.

"My arm still aches from trying to teach Montgomery Clift to throw a punch," said Howard Hawks (the director), thirty years after making Red River. "He's a little queer, isn't he?" said John Wayne to his secretary after meeting Clift. Wayne's macho clique on the set of Red River included Web Overlander, who showed why he was the makeup man and not in casting when he snorted, "Clift couldn't take a piss by himself. Hawks must be an idiot if he thinks that s.o.b. can act."

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2012

No doubt in my mind that John Wayne was a big fruit.

His put-on macho-ness always seemed so phony to me ...as do most overt macho displays. Not only that, but he was a lousy, one-note actor.

So typical of America, always starved for heroes, to lionize a stange character like him.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2012

I have also read that John Ford was calling Wayne 'stupid' and that he was the only person in Hollywood that could make John Wayne cry.

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2012

You find John Wayne sexy?

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2012

His wives were Hispanic, no?

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2012

Yes R37, as it seems he preferred Latin American pussy.

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2012

How could he be a white supremacist and still prefer "Laton American pussy"?

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2012

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW.

by Anonymousreply 4011/25/2012

He was also a lousy actor. It was a disgrace that he beat both Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight (Midnight Cowboy) for Best Actor for that old west schtick in True Grit, which was done much better by Jeff Bridges decades later.

by Anonymousreply 4111/25/2012

Wayne was a good actor. His personality was probably limited.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

First off r10, don't insult us with posting a link to troll haven like ianundercover, k?

Secondly, who cares what some hillbilly who played dress up for a living thought about the big societal picture? You really have to wonder about people who feel the need to voice an opinion regarding another's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

America's beloved (gay) architect Philip Johnson was a Nazi sympathizer:

[quote]Johnson helped organize a U.S. fascist party. He worked on behalf of the Nazi sympathizer and radio broadcaster, Father Charles E. Coughlin. He attended one of Hitler's Nuremberg rallies in 1938, and in 1939 he followed the German army into Poland. "We saw Warsaw burn and Modlin being bombed," he wrote afterward. "It was a stirring spectacle."

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

R45 = F&F

by Anonymousreply 4603/13/2013

r45, bye!

by Anonymousreply 4703/13/2013

Don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha!

by Anonymousreply 4803/13/2013

I knew this sort of thinking would come one day, and here we are. I'm guessing the younger guys for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 4903/13/2013

If John Wayne was a White Supremacist, why did he only marry Latino women???????? He served in the Uniformed Services in his own way. Lots of actors did not serve directly in combat roles but as moral boosters and war bonds.

by Anonymousreply 5011/22/2013

He dropped out of college (football scholarship) and took a job moving props and arranging sets at the studio. That's where he was spotted.

Now imagine the fellow at the link. Imagine him hot, sweaty, probably shirtless, moving sets on a soundstage under those hot lights. You think every gay at the studio didn't notice?

by Anonymousreply 5211/22/2013

Yes, John Wayne was a Draft Dodger, he was a pretend Hero, who may have made 2 decent movies in his last years.

by Anonymousreply 5307/20/2014

Nothing wrong with being a draft-dodging war hawk.

by Anonymousreply 5407/20/2014

R54 is right.

by Anonymousreply 5507/20/2014

As always, R55, nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 5607/20/2014

Knowing what I know, it is highly unlikely an unconnected young man of any era who wants above-the-title fame would not have to succumb to at least passive reciprocation of fellatio as a price of entry into the Hollywood fame thunderdome. Most of the "macho" posturing of actors is a form of drag. It is highly artificial, almost cartoon-like. Look at Sly Stallone as a (relatively) modern example.

It isn't surprising "Wayne" aka Morrison would be racist - the fear of the melanated phallus has a strange power...

by Anonymousreply 5707/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.